PDA

View Full Version : Better Career: Carter or Jamison?

GodsSon
02-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Being a Raptor fan I know i've had enough discussions over the years about these two players...initially Raptor fans felt getting VC for Antawn on draft day was a steal, but as years passed many wondered what the team would have been like had we kept Jamison...simple question though, who do you think has had a better career?

As good/flashy as Carter was in his first few seasons, I think Jamison has put together a better overall career...thoughts?

bal_ravens
02-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Ive always liked Jamison more. He lacks defense, but he has an amazing heart, always hustles and can always get you 20/10. I hear all the time "Oh he is 30 and his contract is huge, he is going to decline fast." I honestly dont see him declining over the next few years. The type of skills he has will always let him get his points and he will always get 8-10 rebounds per game.

As much as I dislike Lebron and the Cavs, I really hope Jamison gets a championship. I would rather see him win a ring right now then the Wizards. He is really one of the most deserving players in the league. Its a shame with the great numbers he puts up, he never gets recognition. Samething with Brendan Haywood. The guy is a monster at rebounding and blocking shots, but he never got his props. Hopefully with him in Dallas, people will respect him more.

_KB24_
02-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Hands down, Carter. Is this a joke?

ko8e24
02-18-2010, 02:42 AM
Comparions forum!!!!!

Raph12
02-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Dumbest comparison ever, seriously some of you Raps fans need to get over your silly stubborn thoughts of VC.

Mavrix
02-18-2010, 02:44 AM
Is this a real question?

trevken
02-18-2010, 02:49 AM
i don't even like basketball and i know the answer to this.

GodsSon
02-18-2010, 02:49 AM
Dumbest comparison ever, seriously some of you Raps fans need to get over your silly stubborn thoughts of VC.

man, it has nothing to do with that...consistently, i think Jamison has had a better career...the guy's been a veritable ironman, while averaging 20 and 8 for his career and one of those years was coming off the bench

lavell12
02-18-2010, 02:50 AM
Career: Carter
Right Now: Jamison

prash
02-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Jamison

Raph12
02-18-2010, 03:06 AM
man, it has nothing to do with that...consistently, i think Jamison has had a better career...the guy's been a veritable ironman, while averaging 20 and 8 for his career and one of those years was coming off the bench

Dude it's still incomparable, Jamison has never done anything of significance throughout his career. In comparison, Carter is a ring shy of joining some great company, if you don't believe me, just ask Paul Pierce.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 03:10 AM

Why is it dumb to compare 2 former college teammates who went 4 and 5 in the same draft and then were traded for each other? I think your post was the dumbest ever.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 03:15 AM
They've actually been pretty even if you ask me. Carter has had more highs but he's had more lows too. Jamison has been more consistent, flying under the radar for most of his career.

ko8e24
02-18-2010, 03:20 AM
My guess is this thread would have never existed in the first place if Antawn Jamion had not been traded to become a teammate of LeBron James. All this time, when Antawn Jamison was with the Wizards, I never saw a comparisons forum with him or Vince Carter. I guess it's the attempt of the exposure of Jamison, LeBron and the Cavs

Hey GodsSon, you working for ESPN by any chance? :rolleyes:

GodsSon
02-18-2010, 03:26 AM
My guess is this thread would have never existed in the first place if Antawn Jamion had not been traded to become a teammate of LeBron James. All this time, when Antawn Jamison was with the Wizards, I never saw a comparisons forum with him or Vince Carter. I guess it's the attempt of the exposure of Jamison, LeBron and the Cavs

Hey GodsSon, you working for ESPN by any chance? :rolleyes:

Well it had crossed my mind previously considering the Raptors tie in with both players, but the fact he's going to essentially move to become LeBron's sidekick really made me think about it

GodsSon
02-18-2010, 03:29 AM
They've actually been pretty even if you ask me. Carter has had more highs but he's had more lows too. Jamison has been more consistent, flying under the radar for most of his career.

Exactly the main reason I made this thread...if you look at his career, he's been remarkably consistent and has seemingly flown beneath the radar...yet still averages 20 and 8

lavell12
02-18-2010, 03:32 AM
I say Carter has been better slightly but VC's great dunking ability has overrated his career among NBA fans. He is a chucker who puts up high point totals b/c of his massive amounts of shooting. VC is one of the most overrated players NBA history.

uncleben989
02-18-2010, 03:44 AM

comin from a guy who cheers for 5 teams:facepalm:

ldc62
02-18-2010, 03:44 AM
Jesus Christ... if the raptors kept Jamison, they would be in OKC right now.... VC put TO on the map. End of discussion. Better Career: VC.

uncleben989
02-18-2010, 03:49 AM
Jesus Christ... if the raptors kept Jamison, they would be in OKC right now.... VC put TO on the map. End of discussion. Better Career: VC.

VC did put TO on the basketball map, but no way does he change raps being in toronto. Raptors average nice attendance even when they post horrible records. Toronto is a sportstown, no way do the raps move, toronto has loyal fanbase for all of its professional teams

Raph12
02-18-2010, 03:50 AM
comin from a guy who cheers for 5 teams:facepalm:

Okay so I cheer for a few of my fav players... Your point would be?

Atleast I'm not a bitter old man still upset about a guy, whose career the Raps nearly destroyed in TO, leaving my city to play elsewhere after he single-handedly took their franchise places they'd never been before (the 2nd round lol :laugh2::laugh::laugh2:).

x2... uncleben989 start taking notes, you may learn something after all.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 03:50 AM
VC did put TO on the basketball map, but no way does he change raps being in toronto. Raptors average nice attendance even when they post horrible records. Toronto is a sportstown, no way do the raps move, toronto has loyal fanbase for all of its professional teams

Yeah, that guy's not too bright.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 03:52 AM

Atleast I'm not a bitter old man still upset about a guy, whose career the Raps nearly destroyed in TO, leaving my city to play elsewhere after he single-handedly took their franchise places they'd never been before (the 2nd round lol :laugh2::laugh::laugh2:).

I guess when you root for half the league its pretty hard to be disappointed.

Raph12
02-18-2010, 03:56 AM
I guess when you root for half the league its pretty hard to be disappointed.

Exactly, I don't let a silly game affect my day, whereas you loser fans have been on VC's case for years.

He made the Raptors, now be grateful and move on with your miserable lives.

uncleben989
02-18-2010, 03:58 AM

x2... uncleben989 start taking notes, you may learn something after all.

whose career nearly destroyed in TO? wow your an idiot, when he was in toronto he was in top tier of the Nba, the next MJ discussions, what has he accomplished since in NJ and Orlando...ya exactly, the Kidd-Jefferson-Martin combo went to the NBA finals 2 years in a row, when carter came to town :D second round exits...and i think most nba fans agree Hedo was a bettter fit the magic.

u put 5 teams on ur sig for ur favorite players? y dont u just make a sig with ur fav players. cause to every1 on psd u seem like the prototypical bandwagon fan, which all indications seem to indicate you are

Raph12
02-18-2010, 04:18 AM
whose career nearly destroyed in TO? wow your an idiot, when he was in toronto he was in top tier of the Nba, the next MJ discussions, what has he accomplished since in NJ and Orlando...ya exactly, the Kidd-Jefferson-Martin combo went to the NBA finals 2 years in a row, when carter came to town :D second round exits...and i think most nba fans agree Hedo was a bettter fit the magic.

u put 5 teams on ur sig for ur favorite players? y dont u just make a sig with ur fav players. cause to every1 on psd u seem like the prototypical bandwagon fan, which all indications seem to indicate you are

Jeez idk, helping to lead a team to the 2nd best record in the East and 3rd best overall sounds pretty good to me.

His career was nearly destroyed, the Raptors never gave him much to work with, constantly messing up draft picks and making stupid trades that never made the team any better. He was in the top tier of the NBA, because of his raw talent and abilities, if he was on any good team, he could've been so much more.

Btw I have 5 teams on my sig representing the teams I like to watch play, my fav players happen to play on a couple of those teams. I like to watch good teams play basketball, I don't really care who it is, if it's a good game, I'll watch.

Just for the record, my Top 5 fav players are:
1. Dwight Howard
2. Tim Duncan
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Allen Iverson
5. Lebron James

stawka
02-18-2010, 04:25 AM
WTF?! If this is a joke I don't get it...

MU and UW Fan
02-18-2010, 05:05 AM
It's VC but not by much. Jamison has been solid throughout his career.