PDA

View Full Version : So with Lebron getting the help he needs....

DCB/LAL
02-18-2010, 01:26 AM
So everyone always says Lebron doesn't have the players like Wade or Kobe has and that if he did he would have a championship already.

So my question is if Lebron doesn't lead the Cavs to a champioship or atleast lead them to the Finals this year with the help he has now what does it do to his legacy?

Many will say well he'll only have half a season with them and that arguement is Bull considering Gasol only had a half a season with the Lakers and they made the Finals.

So what will people say if they dont win or even worse if they fail to even make the Finals now with the team he has around him?

This is a legit thread mods please do not delete I wanna hear peoples opinions.

DCB/LAL
02-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Does this out more pressure on Lebron to win now?

king4day
02-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Does nothing. Lotta stars have never won rings. He'll still be the best player in the NBA no matter how this season plays out.

kblo247
02-18-2010, 01:30 AM
I don't think he has to win this year. Things do take time to work themselves and for guys to come together. They have to adjust to adding Jamison on the court and subtracting Z from the locker room.

I won't label the trade a failure if they don't win a ring ASAP; I will though question Lebron bailing on that team and an ownership who bends over backwards for him though if he skips town this summer for any non-contender.

DCB/LAL
02-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Does nothing. Lotta stars have never won rings. He'll still be the best player in the NBA no matter how this season plays out.

A lot of people argue that he's never had the help to win a championship, I believe he does now it'd be on Lebron to lead them.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2010, 01:35 AM
I think the real authentic Cleveland fans will suck it up as a loss if they don't win, give props to whoever beats them, and look forward to having a sick team for years to come.

The fake fans will use lame excuses, say Jamison wasn't a good fit, say Shaq was a bad move, they should've got Amare...blah blah blah blah blah blah!

ellisgw
02-18-2010, 01:36 AM
he is only 25 he has a lot of years left to win 3 or 4 rings

king4day
02-18-2010, 01:38 AM
I don't think he has to win this year. Things do take time to work themselves and for guys to come together. They have to adjust to adding Jamison on the court and subtracting Z from the locker room.

I won't label the trade a failure if they don't win a ring ASAP; I will though question Lebron bailing on that team and an ownership who bends over backwards for him though if he skips town this summer for any non-contender.

Solid post. LBJ is given the talent. Does he bail on them, if they don't win it? That would be messed up... especially to the players who've commited there.

A lot of people argue that he's never had the help to win a championship, I believe he does now it'd be on Lebron to lead them.

You're right there. He has no excuses (barring injuries) not to win this year. They are probably the best team in the league atm and corrected their faults from last year, and some. So no excuses this year.

DCB/LAL
02-18-2010, 01:38 AM
he is only 25 he has a lot of years left to win 3 or 4 rings

Thats true ut everyone always argues that he hasn't won because he doesn't have the help like Kobe and Wade and now he does so what would be the excuse if they dont win?

I think trading for Jamison makes them better than getting Amare IMO.

kblo247
02-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Solid post. LBJ is given the talent. Does he bail on them, if they don't win it? That would be messed up... especially to the players who've commited there.

You're right there. He has no excuses (barring injuries) not to win this year. They are probably the best team in the league atm and corrected their faults from last year, and some. So no excuses this year.

I am a proponent of giving every new nucleus a training camp to at least all get on the same page.

heathonater
02-18-2010, 01:44 AM
lebron has the best team he has ever played with now. he has the team to win it all, just now depends on if jamison can fit in with the system.

KG2TB
02-18-2010, 01:47 AM
In my opinion they have to at least make the finals. I thought that even before the trade. LBJ needs to start winning rings and he's in a prime position to do it. These oppurtunities cannot be squandered even despite him being only 25. His sole purpose in life is to become the greatest player of all time and he's a super competitive guy. No doubt they need to make the finals at least.

Ovratd1up
02-18-2010, 01:50 AM
I think having the Lakers present is a pretty good excuse for not winning it all this year. I still don't think having Mo, Tawn, and Shaq equal having Pau, Bynum, Odom, and Artest. And if Orlando picks it up they have a little talent as well. It would probably harm his reputation, by it's definitely not the end of the world.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Even with the help I still don't see them going all the way this year. Eventually yes, but not just yet.

Im sure I'll catch flack but I really think Lebron is going to have to wait and catch Kobe on the way down before he starts his own dynasty. Similar to Jordan with Magic. Like it or not the Lakers have at least a couple more years of dominance left.

When thats over there will be no one left to stand in his way.

DCB/LAL
02-18-2010, 01:52 AM
I think having the Lakers present is a pretty good excuse for not winning it all this year. I still don't think having Mo, Tawn, and Shaq equal having Pau, Bynum, Odom, and Artest. And if Orlando picks it up they have a little talent as well. It would probably harm his reputation, by it's definitely not the end of the world.

LA wasn't as good without Pau remember? Or atleast thats what some people say. The Lakers got some recognition only after they made the trade for Pau.

RaysFan
02-18-2010, 01:53 AM

The Lakers still have a much better supporting cast and coaching around Kobe though. Honestly, LA is probably the #2 or 3 seed out West without Kobe. They have a loaded roster...as good of a starting 5 as I have seen in the NBA in a long time.

I think Cleveland can beat LA simply because LeBron is that good.

He has no reason to leave Cleveland now. If he goes to the Knicks or even the Heat then I question is hunger to win. Cleveland has done everything a player could ask for. He has a really good team around him and the owner has proven that he cares about winning.

kblo247
02-18-2010, 01:54 AM

Cavs have a bench that is deep 7-12 and not just a damn good 6th man ehich Andy is btw so don't sell what they have short.

I'm not saying they have more talent, just that the team philosophies of using a bench (Cavs) and blending in reserves with starters (Lakers) will make it an interesting party if they both get to June healthy.

Melo15
02-18-2010, 02:01 AM
All I know is that we could be getting ready for one of the greatest NBA Finals in our history, if Kobe and Lebron matchup in the Finals then it's going to be an epic series.

kblo247
02-18-2010, 02:03 AM
All I know is that we could be getting ready for one of the greatest NBA Finals in our history, if Kobe and Lebron matchup in the Finals then it's going to be an epic series.

Maybe the local footlocker will actually stock their **** in my size if that happens.

I've waited ****ing weeks and cannot find a new Kobe or Lebron shoe in a size 13 in none of their damn stores in this city :mad:

ko8e24
02-18-2010, 02:07 AM
I am a proponent of giving every new nucleus a training camp to at least all get on the same page.

Yes, like the Lakers with a full training camp with Pau entering the 2008-2009 NBA Season.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-18-2010, 02:11 AM
He's 25, it's kind of early to be thinking of his legacy. Say he doesn't win this year or next year but then he wins the next 3 years after that (when he's 27-29), you think people will remember that he didn't win this year?

Legacies are made after your career, or at the very least when you're at the end of your career, not when you are 25 and are just hitting your prime.

THE MTL
02-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Who the hell can beat the Cavs now?

Mo Williams/Gibson
A. Parker/West
James/Hickson
Jamison/Varejao
Shaq/Big Z (cause he coming back)

Hawkize31
02-18-2010, 02:22 AM

This. Whether you hate Kobe, hate Lebron, love em both, whatever... If you like basketball at all you have to admit Lebron vs. Kobe in the Finals would be one of the best matchups since Jordan was in the league, maybe even better.

Chronz
02-18-2010, 02:25 AM
Only worries are that Jamison is 33 and not a good defender. Pau was in his prime and a 2 way player who everyone knew would mesh perfectly in the triangle. Bron still doesnt have as much talent as Wade and Kobe did in their title runs but this should be all he needs. Hes THAT good

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 02:28 AM

Are you joking? I like Odom from that group.....Artest is a head case no matter what anybody says, Gasol is soft and Bynum compared to Twan? coooooome onnnnnn maaaaaaaaan:facepalm:

29$JerZ
02-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Number 1 record in the NBA, teams with number 1 record after trade deadline won the Championship two years in a row now (Boston/Lakers), Cavs got him a player he publically wanted, he has a lot of pressure to win now.

_KB24_
02-18-2010, 02:48 AM
When Big Z comes back, Lebron will be playing alongside "more All-stars".......

See how stupid that use to sound? :shrug:

CowboysKB24
02-18-2010, 02:58 AM
He blew it last year. If he doesn't win it this year he will blow it two years in a row.

He got Shaq and now Jamison... what more does this guy want? His supporting cast is the most underrated in the league. Mo Williams, Anderson, West, Gibson, Z (I know he is gone but I am referring to past years), etc. He doesn't have to win it, but he will miss a great opportunity.

PHX2daDEATH
02-18-2010, 03:24 AM
Michael Jordan set the bar.. 7 years.. thats how long it took Shaq to get a ring. Lebron wants 7 titles. As much as I get on here and claim the Lakers are gonna lose in the first round, the basketball fan, not the rabid Suns fan says... Lakers vs Cavs, Lakers vs Cavs, Lakers vs Cavs.

I like the Jamison trade.. I think he fits perfect with Shaq and Lebron. Wade and Shaq won a title with Antoine Walker, Well Lebron and Shaq can certainly win it with Jamison. Amare never fit on that team, Amare wants to be #1 guy not a sidekick again..Jamison has a higher Basketball IQ than Amare also.... Should be an interesting thursday

RollinDeep
02-18-2010, 03:34 AM
Are you joking? I like Odom from that group.....Artest is a head case no matter what anybody says, Gasol is soft and Bynum compared to Twan? coooooome onnnnnn maaaaaaaaan:facepalm:

Gasol Soft?

Lemme guess, we fell into a vortex and are now back in the year 2005 or something.

stawka
02-18-2010, 03:36 AM
It puts more pressure on him to win, but it does nothing to his legacy if he doesn't. He will be a top-5 player of all-time when it's all said and done either way -- Championships will just put him higher in the ranks

... Haters, start on me now.

Raph12
02-18-2010, 03:38 AM
I'd expect them to get to the Finals or atleast take the Magic to 7 games in the ECFs, anything less and I might start doubting Lebron's will to win... And yes, I predict the Magic to get to the ECFs and either beat the Cavs or put on one hell of a show trying.

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 03:40 AM
do you honestly think Shaq and Jamison both way into their 30s are really on par help wise to Pau , Odom and Bynum or Butler, Kidd, Marion?

_KB24_
02-18-2010, 03:46 AM
It puts more pressure on him to win, but it does nothing to his legacy if he doesn't. He will be a top-5 player of all-time when it's all said and done either way -- Championships will just put him higher in the ranks

... Haters, start on me now.

Lebron would need atleast 5 titles to even be mentioned in the Top 5. I don't even see him winning 1.

PHX2daDEATH
02-18-2010, 03:47 AM
do you honestly think Shaq and Jamison both way into their 30s are really on par help wise to Pau , Odom and Bynum or Butler, Kidd, Marion?

Shaq will tear through the Laker front-line like wet toilet Paper... Your're also forgetting Varejao and Big Z..

Kingz4L
02-18-2010, 03:49 AM
If you guys are wondering who has the better team..its really this simple:

PG: Mo>Fisher
SG:Kobe>Parker
SF:Bron>Ron
PF:Gasol>Hickson
C:Bynum>Shaq
6th:Odom>West

Lakers: 4 Cavs: 2 Talent wise Lakers still own the league, Orlando comes close 2nd.

JJ_JKidd
02-18-2010, 03:51 AM
I think the real authentic Cleveland fans will suck it up as a loss if they don't win, give props to whoever beats them, and look forward to having a sick team for years to come.

The fake fans will use lame excuses, say Jamison wasn't a good fit, say Shaq was a bad move, they should've got Amare...blah blah blah blah blah blah!

Of course there gonna be excuses! Its Lebron. Excuses

JJ_JKidd
02-18-2010, 03:55 AM
Lebron would need atleast 5 titles to even be mentioned in the Top 5. I don't even see him winning 1.

True that is!!!

Kingz4L
02-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Excuses? So what if they dont win...if bashing Lebron is what makes your day then you need some help...be glad we have a player like Lebron in the league...it sure as hell would bore me if he wasnt there...If you dont enjoy watching Lebron destroy people on the court, then you just dont like basketball.

JJ_JKidd
02-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Excuses? So what if they dont win...if bashing Lebron is what makes your day then you need some help...be glad we have a player like Lebron in the league...it sure as hell would bore me if he wasnt there...If you dont enjoy watching Lebron destroy people on the court, then you just dont like basketball.

If youre glad the NBA has a player who:

1. Sets a bad example on being a sportsman (Magic East Finals incident);:facepalm:
2. Kicks a gatorade dispenser resulting to some HOME FANS getting hit;:facepalm:
3. Gets so much preferential treatment;:facepalm:
4. Overhyped and only a product of an extremely-effective NBA marketing scheme (see NBA.com Player of the Decade); and:facepalm:
5. Acts arrogantly (rapping on the court and showboating).:facepalm:

Then youre the one who needs help. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

stawka
02-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Dude your favorite player is Jason Kidd - As much as I like him and respect him, he has failed over and over again. Now STFU and get off LeBron's case. Someone like him comes around once every few generations, appreciate

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 04:07 AM
If you guys are wondering who has the better team..its really this simple:

PG: Mo>Fisher
SG:Kobe>Parker
SF:Bron>Ron
PF:Gasol>Hickson
C:Bynum>Shaq
6th:Odom>West

Lakers: 4 Cavs: 2 Talent wise Lakers still own the league, Orlando comes close 2nd.

Orlando 2nd? ummmmm no....and the Cavs are the deepest team in the NBA so don't forget that part...Bynums not better than Shaq ahahahahahahahahahahah nice try

Kingz4L
02-18-2010, 04:10 AM

1. Sets a bad example on being a sportsman (Magic East Finals incident);:facepalm:
2. Kicks a gatorade dispenser resulting to some HOME FANS getting hit;:facepalm:
4. Overhyped and only a product of an extremely-effective NBA marketing scheme (see NBA.com Player of the Decade); and:facepalm:

Kobe is great player, I enjoy watching him play but I really cant agree that he is the player of the decade (besides it was the fans that voted).

Shaq and Duncan should of shared that award...Shame how quickly people forgot how good Shaq was from 2000-2006...Kobe technically had his team after Shaq left...sorry bro you either love kobe or hate the truth...as for Lebron I agree that he did some bad things but that still dosnt downgrade how good he is. All your examples are based on his attitude not his game...if you want to talk about his attitude then thats a different convo.

tredigs
02-18-2010, 04:12 AM
Sometimes it's better to actually let a new team, you know, play A game together before you start dissecting a players legacy? These threads never cease to amaze me.

Kingz4L
02-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Orlando 2nd? ummmmm no....and the Cavs are the deepest team in the NBA so don't forget that part...Bynums not better than Shaq ahahahahahahahahahahah nice try

Do you really think shaq would be even playing anyomore if he didnt get traded to a contender...his job is to draw fouls...thats it

The reason I went with Bynum is because he his much younger and already has a good post game...he can play 40mins while Shaq will go 25-30 a game.

And yes I think Orlando has phenominal talent...they just have bad chemistry

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 04:15 AM

I think you are the one who clearly needs help......

1-Peyton Manning just did the same thing in the Super Bowl and no one really got after him the way they did with Bron

2-Name a player whos never kicked something or thrown something after a call they thought was horrible.

3-Kobe gets the treatment, Michael got the treatment....and the next one will get the treatment also.

4-hahaha not worth a statement

5-The rapping and such is just a kid having fun and loving every minute of his job....don't we all wish we could love our jobs 1/4 as much as athletes do?

so you can have them back
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

and a few extra:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

JJ_JKidd
02-18-2010, 04:16 AM
Dude your favorite player is Jason Kidd - As much as I like him and respect him, he has failed over and over again. Now STFU and get off LeBron's case. Someone like him comes around once every few generations, appreciate

Yeah I appreciate his game but not his PERSONALITY. I cant stand him really. As far as JKidd, how cant u fail if you only had Kittles, Van Horn, MacCullough adn Kenyon Martin?

Kobe is great player, I enjoy watching him play but I really cant agree that he is the player of the decade (besides it was the fans that voted).

Shaq and Duncan should of shared that award...Shame how quickly people forgot how good Shaq was from 2000-2006...Kobe technically had his team after Shaq left...sorry bro you either love kobe or hate the truth...as for Lebron I agree that he did some bad things but that still dosnt downgrade how good he is. All your examples are based on his attitude not his game...if you want to talk about his attitude then thats a different convo.

How cant u be mad that LBJ was second best player of the decade when he dint even play the full-decade and that he was ahead of Duncan and Shaq who had 7 rings between them whilst he had NONE?!!!

Why over market this unproven thug? Wheres the love for Shaq and TD? See? The fans (like you) are greatly misled!

Give credit where credit is due!

JJ_JKidd
02-18-2010, 04:18 AM
I think you are the one who clearly needs help......

1-Peyton Manning just did the same thing in the Super Bowl and no one really got after him the way they did with Bron

2-Name a player whos never kicked something or thrown something after a call they thought was horrible.

3-Kobe gets the treatment, Michael got the treatment....and the next one will get the treatment also.

4-hahaha not worth a statement

5-The rapping and such is just a kid having fun and loving every minute of his job....don't we all wish we could love our jobs 1/4 as much as athletes do?

so you can have them back
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

and a few extra:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Line per line...

1. U-huh, MJ etc didnt act as such and LBJ is hailed as the NEXT blah blah.

2. Well I cant for obvious reasons. In case you dont know. There arent any!!! Show me a vid.

3. LBJ's is overTREATMENT! Out of this world!

4. LBJ ahead of TD and Shaq? Well yeah "NBA Where Marketing A King w/o A RIng Happens!"

5. Ok so I aint fine with the rapping thing.

The NBA and David Stern has gotten into you obviously!

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 04:19 AM
Do you really think shaq would be even playing anyomore if he didnt get traded to a contender...his job is to draw fouls...thats it

The reason I went with Bynum is because he his much younger and already has a good post game...he can play 40mins while Shaq will go 25-30 a game.

And yes I think Orlando has phenominal talent...they just have bad chemistry

You're right he wouldn't play unless its for a contender but do you blame him?

I don't care how many minutes Bynum plays....IMO he isn't very good, decent I suppose out of respect but not good.

Yes I also agree that Orlando has a ton of talent but next to the Cavs? no way buddy.

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 04:21 AM
The NBA and David Stern has gotten into you obviously!

every point I made was right.....sooooo I'm not sure what arguments you have now....

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Yeah I appreciate his game but not his PERSONALITY. I cant stand him really. As far as JKidd, how cant u fail if you only had Kittles, Van Horn, MacCullough adn Kenyon Martin?

How cant u be mad that LBJ was second best player of the decade when he dint even play the full-decade and that he was ahead of Duncan and Shaq who had 7 rings between them whilst he had NONE?!!!

Why over market this unproven thug? Wheres the love for Shaq and TD? See? The fans (like you) are greatly misled!

Now you're just being ignorant......watch his documentary...he's clearly not a thug. Where do you get that from?

Kingz4L
02-18-2010, 04:23 AM

1. I never said Lebron was the 2nd best of the decade and I dont agree with it because he never played a decade. If you want my so called list of player of the decade I would go with...

1.Shaq
2.Duncan
3.Garnett
4.Kobe
5.Iverson

shizzle09
02-18-2010, 04:26 AM
So everyone always says Lebron doesn't have the players like Wade or Kobe has and that if he did he would have a championship already.

So my question is if Lebron doesn't lead the Cavs to a champioship or atleast lead them to the Finals this year with the help he has now what does it do to his legacy?

Many will say well he'll only have half a season with them and that arguement is Bull considering Gasol only had a half a season with the Lakers and they made the Finals.

So what will people say if they dont win or even worse if they fail to even make the Finals now with the team he has around him?

This is a legit thread mods please do not delete I wanna hear peoples opinions.

who the f says that?? Who does Wade have?????

stawka
02-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Sometimes it's better to actually let a new team, you know, play A game together before you start dissecting a players legacy? These threads never cease to amaze me.

This :clap:

Kingz4L
02-18-2010, 04:32 AM
You're right he wouldn't play unless its for a contender but do you blame him?

I don't care how many minutes Bynum plays....IMO he isn't very good, decent I suppose out of respect but not good.

Yes I also agree that Orlando has a ton of talent but next to the Cavs? no way buddy.

I watch every Cavs game and Im sure you do too...Shaq is still a threat, no doubt about it...he was brought to Cleveland to defend Dwight and draw fouls, thats it...
I do believe that Cavs dont have great taled (aside from Mo and Jamison)...love the team but without Lebron this team wins 30 games...Bynum is inconsistent but can get the offensive rebound very well and put it back in with his long arms.

The reason I think Orlando has better talent is because they got more players that can create their own shot (Howard,Carter,Lewis,and Nelson) they got sick role players JWill,Pietrus,and Barnes...you tell me what kind of damage would Orlando do if they swapped Lewis for James?

JJ_JKidd
02-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Now you're just being ignorant......watch his documentary...he's clearly not a thug. Where do you get that from?

The thug thing is secondary. There are a lot more things that I said that you didnt respond to

1. I never said Lebron was the 2nd best of the decade and I dont agree with it because he never played a decade. If you want my so called list of player of the decade I would go with...

1.Shaq
2.Duncan
3.Garnett
4.Kobe
5.Iverson

Yes you didnt say it but a lot of people think that way based on that NBA.com poll result.

stawka
02-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Man this is ridiculous. LeBron's a thug now LOL. Is it because he dances? Or because he beats his wife???

Oh yes, thankyou Mr. Kidd

tjlipford
02-18-2010, 04:36 AM
Its championship or bust this year for Lebron. After what Ferry and Dan Gilbert have done to this team since the 2007 season, I dont want any excuses.

I cant and wont make any excuses for Lebron if we dont win this year. I mean they did the best job they could with adding to this roster and trying to be competitive and trying to keep him happy and here in Cleveland. If we dont win he has to be held accountable for a big part of that IMO.

stawka
02-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Its championship or bust this year for Lebron. After what Ferry and Dan Gilbert have done to this team since the 2007 season, I dont want any excuses.

I cant and wont make any excuses for Lebron if we dont win this year. I mean they did the best job they could with adding to this roster and trying to be competitive and trying to keep him happy and here in Cleveland. If we dont win he has to be accountable for a big part of that IMO.

I agree to a certain extent. What if his teammates die in the *** again ala ECF? Z was non-existent on D, West/Williams were non-existent on the offensive end.

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 04:39 AM
The thug thing is secondary. There are a lot more things that I said that you didnt respond to

Yes you didnt say it but a lot of people think that way based on that NBA.com poll result.

The thug comment whether primary or secondary is ignorant and a ridiculous stereotype.

And I didn't vote for the Player of the Decade and I wouldn't have voted for KB or Bron thank you very much.

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 04:42 AM
I watch every Cavs game and Im sure you do too...Shaq is still a threat, no doubt about it...he was brought to Cleveland to defend Dwight and draw fouls, thats it...
I do believe that Cavs dont have great taled (aside from Mo and Jamison)...love the team but without Lebron this team wins 30 games...Bynum is inconsistent but can get the offensive rebound very well and put it back in with his long arms.

The reason I think Orlando has better talent is because they got more players that can create their own shot (Howard,Carter,Lewis,and Nelson) they got sick role players JWill,Pietrus,and Barnes...you tell me what kind of damage would Orlando do if they swapped Lewis for James?

All good arguments....I dont mean disrespect towards the Magic btw, the Cavs may not have a ton of individual talent but as a unit they're unbelieveable. That's the homer in me and I still think that our depth is the best in the league.

tjlipford
02-18-2010, 04:45 AM
I agree to a certain extent. What if his teammates die in the *** again ala ECF? Z was non-existent on D, West/Williams were non-existent on the offensive end.
I mean I agree too, but at some point you have to lead your players and team to victory especially when management is surrounding you with good role players.

All the greats find ways to win and get their teams motivated and to play in the biggest of games. We can win 66 games in the regular season, so we obviously know how to do something right. All that means nothing if we get back their and choke again. Its your best players job to LEAD the team.

Kobe and LA lost to Boston in the Finals. The next year they won an NBA ring. He got his players ready to play and that helped win them the championship.

Kingz4L
02-18-2010, 04:46 AM
All good arguments....I dont mean disrespect towards the Magic btw, the Cavs may not have a ton of individual talent but as a unit they're unbelieveable. That's the homer in me and I still think that our depth is the best in the league.

Im not saying they are bad by the way...just admitting that Magic have better...I love Gibson,West, and Varejao btw...especially VJ the guy is flying all over the place out there.

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Im not saying they are bad by the way...just admitting that Magic have better...I love Gibson,West, and Varejao btw...especially VJ the guy is flying all over the place out there.

I know you didn't. I see your point...Im not too big of a homer to see other talented players and rosters. Playoff time is going to be amazing this year.......I just hope like hell I get to WITNESS a parade in downtown Cleveland this summer

stawka
02-18-2010, 04:53 AM
I mean I agree too, but at some point you have to lead your players and team to victory especially when management is surrounding you with good role players.

All the greats find ways to win and get their teams motivated and to play in the biggest of games. We can win 66 games in the regular season, so we obviously know how to do something right. All that means nothing if we get back their and choke again. Its your best players job to LEAD the team.

Kobe and LA lost to Boston in the Finals. The next year they won an NBA ring. He got his players ready to play and that helped win them the championship.

Agree with it all bro, well said.

Kingz4L
02-18-2010, 04:55 AM
You guys deserve a parade down there...no doubt about it...long overdue....I hope we'll have one soon...im liking this trade we did with houston.

Kevin Martin and Garcia for Tmac and Landry.

CAVS21
02-18-2010, 05:00 AM
You guys deserve a parade down there...no doubt about it...long overdue....I hope we'll have one soon...im liking this trade we did with houston.

I like Landry's game.....the Cleveland forums have T-Mac wanting a buyout and signing with the Lakers or Cavs......hmmm? I wouldn't mind taking Evans off your hands lol

Kingz4L
02-18-2010, 05:09 AM
I like Landry's game.....the Cleveland forums have T-Mac wanting a buyout and signing with the Lakers or Cavs......hmmm? I wouldn't mind taking Evans off your hands lol

Dude Evans is the man bro I dont know if you watch us play but the guy is raw...once he gets a consisted jumper he'll be like D-Wade but stronger...They already call him Mini Lebron...Ill take that any day lol

I hope we keep him since we have the $ but if we dont I'll settle with Landry and Dorsey since we need some muscle down in the post.

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Lebron doesn't have the best help in the NBA but he has the the help. They have a deep team. In the West you need teams to be deep cause it's a hard 82 games. As for the guy who said that the Lakers would be the second or third seed without Kobe, You are smoking some good ****!

TheKing23
02-18-2010, 12:09 PM

That is a beast trade if it goes through.

It helps on so many levels... Getting rid of Martin means Tyreke is undoubtably the man and Landry is a beast, giving the Kings a presence down low. I assume T-Mac will get bought out and go to a contender.

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM
That is a beast trade if it goes through.

It helps on so many levels... Getting rid of Martin means Tyreke is undoubtably the man and Landry is a beast, giving the Kings a presence down low. I assume T-Mac will get bought out and go to a contender.

If he does he wants to go to Lakers or Cavs

JayW_1023
02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
I still believe a healthy Lakers squad will be the team to beat. If they are anything short of healthy though...

Ovratd1up
02-18-2010, 06:09 PM

Bynum > Shaq
Pau > Jamison
Odom > Varejao

I guess it's arguable, but I believe this to be true. Can't really comparte Mo to Artest, who have very different roles. Mo is probably playing better, but Artest may be key for his defense.

Delonte West... Derrick Fisher. Delonte might be better now, but you'd still probably want Fisher on your team.

Anthony Parker > Sasha Vujacic
Hickson > Mbenga
Jamario Moon... Luke Walton. Don't care
Tittie Gibson... Jordan Farmar. Not sure.
Sebastian Telfair (that's right) < Shannon Brown. Slightly
Mike Brown > Phil Jackson

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 06:15 PM
im not so sure Bynum is better then Shaq. Shaq last year when he got touches was the best center in the league idc what people say. Its a little different now becuz hes playing much less of a role, but when comparing lineups i dont thikn u can say "Bynum>Shaq". id say there tied. Now matter what the stats say, shaqs intangibles, leadership, championship experience, and size is what makes Shaq>Bynum

Nikeman
02-18-2010, 06:18 PM
"Mike Brown > Phil Jackson"

LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

WTF ARE U SMOKING DUDE??

Jackson has 9 titles, Mike Brown has a big fat ZERO

Jackson is the best coach ever

Verbal Christ
02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
im just curious to know why anyone would think Lebron would want to leave his hometown team after a possible championship season?

Ovratd1up
02-18-2010, 06:23 PM
"Mike Brown > Phil Jackson"

LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

WTF ARE U SMOKING DUDE??

Jackson has 9 titles, Mike Brown has a big fat ZERO

Jackson is the best coach ever

:facepalm:

Ovratd1up
02-18-2010, 06:26 PM
im just curious to know why anyone would think Lebron would want to leave his hometown team after a possible championship season?

I guess an argument could be made that even with a championship, Jamison is getting old, Shaq has to go soon, and they mortgaged a lot of their future when trading for Antawn. I think worst case scenario might be to get to the Finals this year and then resign, then be stuck in Cleveland not able to get over the hump for six years. If you want to win rings, stay in Cleveland or go somewhere like the Clippers or Bulls, but maybe he'd rather rot in NY than Ohio.

valade16
02-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Lebron doesn't have the best help in the NBA but he has the the help. They have a deep team. In the West you need teams to be deep cause it's a hard 82 games. As for the guy who said that the Lakers would be the second or third seed without Kobe, You are smoking some good ****!

The Lakers have the most talented team and it's not even close. If you took Durant off the Thunder, Duncan off the Spurs, Nowitzki off the Mavs, LeBron off the Cavs, Wade off the heat, Carmelo off the Nuggets, Dwight Howard off the Magic, Bosh of the Raptors, (get the idea yet), and Kobe off the Lakers, the team that would have the least dropoff is the Lakers.

Everyone whose arguing against LeBron need to do a hypothetical.

If LeBron and Kobe switched teams what would happen?
If Kobe was on the Cavs they might win the Title, but LeBron on the Lakers would win the title every year hands down...

Chacarron
02-18-2010, 06:40 PM

You actually think Mike Brown is a better coach than Phil Jackson?

smith&wesson
02-18-2010, 06:42 PM

What makes you think they wont win ? what if they do win ??

-they have the best record in the leauge.

-they have beat the lakers in every meeting theyve had in the season.
that gives them home court advantage if the two meet in the finals.

-they add jamison to what is already the best team in the nba. NOT OPINION-BUT FACT!

I really want kobe and the lakers to win it all but, james has more then a good shot at it this year.

Nikeman
02-18-2010, 06:46 PM

Why am I getting the :facepalm:

I should have done that to you.

If you seriously think Mike Brown is better than Jackson, never post on PSD again dude..

Ovratd1up
02-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Why am I getting the :facepalm:

I should have done that to you.

If you seriously think Mike Brown is better than Jackson, never post on PSD again dude..

The :facepalm: goes to PSD. When it gets to the point that person A can say that Mike Brown is a better coach than Phil Jackson and Persons B and C cannot tell the sarcasm, I give a :facepalm: to the forum.

icon1914
02-18-2010, 06:58 PM

Well first he is not from Cleveland... Second the team that he has does not have much legs... sure they can win it now, but what about 2 years down the road? Jamison is getting up there, Shaq is done, and I think Mo Williams is overrated.

I still think he will end up in Cleveland, but no one can blame him for looking at the possibility of leaving to go to a team with a brighter future. Shaq left a very talented Magic team to go to an up and coming Lakers team. It worked out very well for him.

LA_Raiders
02-18-2010, 06:59 PM
He is just a Cry baby, He will never win a championship while Kobe is on the league...

JNA17
02-18-2010, 06:59 PM

:facepalm: for that :facepalm:

MTar786
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
ummm whoever said jackson has 9 rings is wrong

Ovratd1up
02-18-2010, 07:21 PM
:facepalm: for that :facepalm:

:facepalm: for your :facepalm: for failing to realize my explanation of my :facepalm:'s and to you believing the legitimacy of my :facepalm:.

Chronz
02-18-2010, 07:23 PM

Because they are geared for 1 run, hes good friends with Wade, he will probably tell him about his experience with a team coming off a chip that was built for 1 run. Jamison/Z/Shaq are all pretty much done after this year, maybe Jamison has a few more years but they wont contend beyond this year. If he wins a title he will feel like he held up his end of the bargain by bringing a chip to Cleveland now he can go to a team ready to build him a dynasty.

magichatnumber9
02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Where ever Lebron goes he will always draw other star players to join him. In my mind he is the best player in the league with Kobes coming in second. Dude can play 4 out 5 positions at the NBA level. THE NBA level. Who does that? He's a freak

magichatnumber9
02-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Because they are geared for 1 run, hes good friends with Wade, he will probably tell him about his experience with a team coming off a chip that was built for 1 run. Jamison/Z/Shaq are all pretty much done after this year, maybe Jamison has a few more years but they wont contend beyond this year. If he wins a title he will feel like he held up his end of the bargain by bringing a chip to Cleveland now he can go to a team ready to build him a dynasty.with Cleveland's new owner they are ready to build Lebron his Dynasty. Please they have a competent center, young athletic power forwards +Antawn, Lebron duhh, A bipolar shooting guard, who is prepared to kill for Lebron Mariachi style, and that guy Parker who can do the dirty work like scrap for loose balls, and he shoots the three. And you have an efficient point guard in Mo never rap again Williams. Dude this team is stacked, young and have story book Dynasty written all over it.

Tanakid777
02-18-2010, 07:52 PM

^^^^^^This is spot on

IndiansFan337
02-19-2010, 12:09 AM

Do you realize that LeBron has already led the Cavs to the NBA Finals? What does getting to the Finals mean? He hasn't won a championship yet. But simply getting to the Finals doesn't redeem a player for not winning a championship.

ElMarroAfamado
02-19-2010, 12:20 AM
lebron james is not winning a title this year but im tired of saying this so ill just wait till they get eliminated from the playoffs to say " i told you so"

samxeyeam
02-19-2010, 12:52 AM
If LeBron doesnt win a ring this season, it doesnt really matter IMO. Jamison might make them abit better by spreading the floor on the weak side while shaq and lebron can play on the strong side. How come the Utah Jazz with Karl Malone, Jeff Hornesek, and John Stockton havent won a ring? Chicago Bulls. It just happens, the Jazz had more than enough chemistry and talent to win if they were playing at a different time or different team. I predict another Lakers vs Magics finals this season.

CAVS21
02-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Bynum > Shaq
Pau > Jamison
Odom > Varejao

I guess it's arguable, but I believe this to be true. Can't really comparte Mo to Artest, who have very different roles. Mo is probably playing better, but Artest may be key for his defense.

Delonte West... Derrick Fisher. Delonte might be better now, but you'd still probably want Fisher on your team.

Anthony Parker > Sasha Vujacic
Hickson > Mbenga
Jamario Moon... Luke Walton. Don't care
Tittie Gibson... Jordan Farmar. Not sure.
Sebastian Telfair (that's right) < Shannon Brown. Slightly
Mike Brown > Phil Jackson

Are you ten years old? Phil is the GREATEST COACH IN HISTORY......and your reference to Gibson is disrespectful. You must not watch basketball....do some research before you come back

THE MTL
02-19-2010, 02:35 AM
The Cavs have truly done everything they possibly can to keep Lebron. As a Knick fan, I applaud them.

JJ81
02-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Well Kobe's taking home the finals mvp this year... sorry.

Ovratd1up
02-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Are you ten years old? Phil is the GREATEST COACH IN HISTORY......and your reference to Gibson is disrespectful. You must not watch basketball....do some research before you come back

Maybe posting a full post without humor was not an appealing prospect to me. I don't need to do research.