PDA

View Full Version : disappointment of the year thus far?

jsumadchat
02-18-2010, 12:39 AM
hey guys, just wanted to get everybody's opinions on what they thought was the disapoointment of the year so far this season. there are two things that come to mind for me.

the tmac situation in houston has gotten really ugly and i think they could have been a lot better had they let him play. they've got some really good pieces over there, and they are still playing great ball, but tmacs situation has been handles very poorly imo.

the bigger story in my eyes is the seemingly OVERNIGHT collapse of the wizards. a draft day trade that was supposed to make them SERIOUS sleepers in the east and now the faces of the franchise are GONE. three former allstars including a real GLUE GUY in jamison all sent packing. i had high expectations for this team coming in, but at least now we'll get to see what guys like javale mcgee and andray blatche can do with extended minutes. they beat the wolves tonight.

clutchski
02-18-2010, 12:54 AM
I think it's Washington for sure, most had them pegged for making the playoffs..definitely not trading away their big players and another being suspended indefinitely.

kEviN21
02-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Magic.

IDB Josh M
02-18-2010, 01:51 AM
San Antonio Spurs.

heathonater
02-18-2010, 01:54 AM
been disappointing with all the blazer injuries, but they have pulled together a decent record from this. the nets are probably the biggest disappointment, they should have more than 5 wins at this point in the season. if they keep their current pace of losing, they will go down as the worst team ever. can't get more disappointing than that.

kblo247
02-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Richard Jefferson.

I never expected him to be this great defender, but I thought he could score 15 a night with ease for ****s sake.

Dice also deserves a **** load of blame for Duncan having to take a pounding at center nightly.

rockets-fan
02-18-2010, 02:08 AM
^^^^^
He has disappoingted imo

also the tmas situation, i was at a home game against the clippers and he scored 10 points in 8 minutes. he did it by shootng, AND driving to the basket....i thnk he still had fuel in the tank to gve the rockets that lastquarter scorer

Giraffes Rule
02-18-2010, 02:13 AM
Personally, Richard Jefferson is my biggest disappointment since I'm a Spurs fan, but I do think that Wizards fans just got screwed over by the whole Arenas fiasco. Still, I have mixed feelings about the Wizards voiding his contract. He's an idiot and didn't deserve the money in the first place, but on the other hand that's the Wizards' fault for giving him the contract. I feel bad for Wizards fans.

Raph12
02-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Washington for sure, I had the Wiz at 5th place in the East... BOY WAS I WRONG!

ldc62
02-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Hedo...

NYK_kidd77
02-18-2010, 03:59 AM
Being a Knick fan

roo3flash
02-18-2010, 04:09 AM
Richard Jefferson.

I never expected him to be this great defender, but I thought he could score 15 a night with ease for ****s sake.

Dice also deserves a **** load of blame for Duncan having to take a pounding at center nightly.

I think the problem with RJ is that the Spurs dont play a quick enough pace for him to be effective

Venomous88
02-18-2010, 06:10 AM
dunk contest. First James backs out of it, then it Shannon disappoints, then lil nate wins for a record 3rd time. Barkley summed it up best "Maybe no one will win it"

todu82
02-18-2010, 06:23 AM
The Spurs. I thought they'd be a lot better than tied for 5th in the West at this point of the season.

The Candy Man
02-18-2010, 07:46 AM
the dunk contest and the wizards... plus this dark cloud that's hanging over the NBA that may bring another lockout

Shaolin
02-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Hedo Turkoglu and his .399 FG%.

"Ball" my ***.

mynameismo
02-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Blake Griffin **Injury
Slam Dunk Contest **Yes Lebron, it's your fault.
NJ **Man, that's a pretty talented young team, what happened?
WAS **uhhh, gave up 5th pick (Rubio) to contend now? Really?

magichatnumber9
02-18-2010, 08:36 AM
My Boston Celtics. Starting with the ultimate fighter Glen Davis. That incident started the downward spiral.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Hedo, jefferson, bynum, ariza, carter, mike james

pistonsfanomg
02-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Detroit Pistons

bigsams50
02-18-2010, 10:11 AM
For my team Chandlers sorry ***, for the league def. Jefferson and SA

shyfly24
02-18-2010, 10:20 AM
rodney stuckey

look at his numbers
39% from the field and 14% from the 3 while only getting 4.8 assists as our starting pg

ever since he took over our team is last in assists and field goal% as opposed to before we were top 10 with billups

arkanian215
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Nets. I thought they'd win a few more.

JasonJohnHorn
02-18-2010, 10:29 AM
There are some great answers here. Yes, the DUNK CONTEST WAS A BUST. :-(

Some players are seen as a bust (Andre Miller, Jefferson, Hedu and Carter) but the teams those guys are playing for are about where they were last year or better, so its hard to see the moves as disapointments

The T-Mac situation has been rough, I'm not a McGrady fan, but like Marbury and Tinsely, it rought o see talented players sit and not play when healthy.

The Pistons have been horrible, but I expected that, so its hard to say their situation is a disapointment.

But I will go with what most people have said: Washington.

Healthy Arenas back, Haywood back (with Blatche having improved into a soldi rebounder) and having Miller and Foye added to the mix and Caron and Butler both playing at the peak of their careers, I really thought they'd challenge for the division title or at least a playoff spot, especially with Flip on the bench, but.... :-( Its jsut not happening.

alencp3
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
cavs i tought they would sweep all season 82-0

dev0
02-18-2010, 12:47 PM
1. the Wizards in general
2. Hedo Turkoglu (last night's line 1, 1, 2, with 3 fouls)
3. The dunk contest
4. T-Mac
5. The Pistons

JayW_1023
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Boston hasn't been a disappointment. Just alot of injuries. I still believe that at full health Boston can win it all this year.

My Spurs however have been a disgrace...even with Duncan playing great...and my man Manu staying relatively healthy...I don't recognize my team anymore.

Bruce Bowen...where art thou? At 40...you could probably still outdefend most players on this current Spurs team.

And Pop is still too stubborn to start George Hill and DaJuan Blair instead of Mase, Fin or Dice...while they have clearly earned it.

RaiderLakersA's
02-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Personally, Richard Jefferson is my biggest disappointment since I'm a Spurs fan, but I do think that Wizards fans just got screwed over by the whole Arenas fiasco. Still, I have mixed feelings about the Wizards voiding his contract. He's an idiot and didn't deserve the money in the first place, but on the other hand that's the Wizards' fault for giving him the contract. I feel bad for Wizards fans.

Definitely the Spurs. I thought for sure they'd be neck and neck with the Lakers for the best record in the West.

Meth
02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
If every team was healthy and nobody was injured, it'd be a fun season to watch.