PDA

View Full Version : Bulls-Kings-Rockets Trade Fails

DRE'-MAC
02-17-2010, 10:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?sl...=yhoo&type=lgns

As talks with the New York Knicks stalled on Wednesday night, the Houston Rockets quietly recruited the Sacramento Kings as part of a three-team trade discussion that would deliver Tracy McGrady(notes) to the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The proposed deal was contingent on John Salmons(notes) staying with the Bulls, but that appeared in doubt with the Milwaukee Bucks expecting to complete their own trade for Salmons.

In the proposed trade, the Rockets would get Kenny Thomas(notes), Andres Nocioni(notes), Beno Udrith and a Kings’ protected No. 1 draft pick. Sacramento would acquire Tyrus Thomas(notes), Brad Miller(notes) and Salmons from the Bulls. The deal would cleare cap space for the Bulls this summer and save the Kings as much as $15 million in salary next year.

One source with knowledge of the Knicks’ talks with the Rockets said New York isn’t enthused about Houston’s demands. The Rockets want to trade first-round picks in 2011 and take the Knicks’ 2012 pick. They also have asked for cash, the source said.

It is unclear whether the Bulls will try to revive talks with the Rockets if they complete their trade with the Bucks. However, Houston clearly is worried about where the discussions with New York are headed as the deadline looms on Thursday.

Yahoo! Sports NBA reporter Marc J. Spears contributed to this story

Thank goodness Salmons got traded to the Bucks or else the Rockets would be screwed. Udrih has 3yrs left on his contract for 6 million. Nocioni has 7.5 million for 3yrs left. A protected 1st round pick?

dolfan720
02-17-2010, 10:45 PM
thank god for the bucks

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 10:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?sl...=yhoo&type=lgns

As talks with the New York Knicks stalled on Wednesday night, the Houston Rockets quietly recruited the Sacramento Kings as part of a three-team trade discussion that would deliver Tracy McGrady(notes) to the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The proposed deal was contingent on John Salmons(notes) staying with the Bulls, but that appeared in doubt with the Milwaukee Bucks expecting to complete their own trade for Salmons.

In the proposed trade, the Rockets would get Kenny Thomas(notes), Andres Nocioni(notes), Beno Udrith and a Kings’ protected No. 1 draft pick. Sacramento would acquire Tyrus Thomas(notes), Brad Miller(notes) and Salmons from the Bulls. The deal would cleare cap space for the Bulls this summer and save the Kings as much as $15 million in salary next year.

One source with knowledge of the Knicks’ talks with the Rockets said New York isn’t enthused about Houston’s demands. The Rockets want to trade first-round picks in 2011 and take the Knicks’ 2012 pick. They also have asked for cash, the source said.

It is unclear whether the Bulls will try to revive talks with the Rockets if they complete their trade with the Bucks. However, Houston clearly is worried about where the discussions with New York are headed as the deadline looms on Thursday.

Yahoo! Sports NBA reporter Marc J. Spears contributed to this story

Thank goodness Salmons got traded to the Bucks or else the Rockets would be screwed. Udrih has 3yrs left on his contract for 6 million. Nocioni has 7.5 million for 3yrs left. A protected 1st round pick?

So who the hell were the Bulls getting?

DRE'-MAC
02-17-2010, 10:49 PM
So who the hell were the Bulls getting?

T-Mac...

Silent
02-17-2010, 10:50 PM
lmao so miller and and salmons woulda went back to sac?

dolfan720
02-17-2010, 10:51 PM
that would be horrible for the rockets

TEXASTITAN
02-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Morey and the rockets are in the drivers seat so make them wait and overpay. Or all else fails tmac stays in houston and sits out the rest of the year and we clear a lil cap space and let him walk and some team gets him for the vet minimum. There really is no way to lose in a deal/no deal here with the rockets and leverage is everything i love it.

NBA-GMaster
that would be horrible for the rockets

Yup!! I dont want this trade..

pistonsfanomg
:) Nice

Sports Illustrator
02-17-2010, 10:56 PM
This deal because John Salmons just got traded to the Milwaukee Bucks.
There must be a problem with the Rockets and Knicks right now.

Jahari Kavi
02-17-2010, 10:57 PM
i'm hoping they let tmac's contract expire............

NBA-GMaster
02-17-2010, 11:02 PM
This deal because John Salmons just got traded to the Milwaukee Bucks.
There must be a problem with the Rockets and Knicks right now.

The Knicks change their offer on draft pick..
Knicks offer Hughes, Jeffries and Hill plus 2012 protected 1st rd draft pick for Tmac, Cook and Dorsey

mikantsass
02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I know what is going to happen. T Mac will get bought out and sign with the Celtics. JUST KIDDING!!!

I dont think this trade had any legs. Why would the Kings want to take Salmons back??

metsbulls1025
02-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Salmons isn't official yet.

td0tsfinest
02-17-2010, 11:06 PM
So Salmons and Miller would have went back to the team they were with a year ago from now ? lol.

TEXASTITAN
02-17-2010, 11:08 PM
This opens the door on a 3 way trade between chicago,phoenix,houston since cleveland got jamison. Amare would go to houston along with some contracts or picks and the suns end up with miller/thomas. I mean i could go in depth but there's really no need this close to the deadline. But the jamison trade basically kills the amare trade to cleveland and with the knicks unwillingness to give up picks makes this is a realistic possibility.

_KB24_
02-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Wow, TMAC better end up getting traded to the Knicks.

Sports Illustrator
02-17-2010, 11:09 PM
The Knicks change their offer on draft pick..
Knicks offer Hughes, Jeffries and Hill plus 2012 protected 1st rd draft pick for Tmac, Cook and Dorsey

That is likely. There were several reports about this. Some say the Rockets want the right to swap picks. Others say Donnie Walsh wants to keep Jordan Hill. Earlier on there were sources that said that they were working on the picks being protected but it seems like that issue has already been resolved. I think the talks are finished for the night, but who knows what happens tomorrow.

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 11:15 PM
lmao so miller and and salmons woulda went back to sac?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_LMAO.gif

TEXASTITAN
02-17-2010, 11:17 PM
All the pressure is on new york honestly...I mean if they aren't willing to add picks and hill to a deal as a precursor to houston getting jeffries contract then they are dead in the water. They need tmac the most because of the cap space so stubborn or not it's their deal to lose. Morey and the rockets wanted amare last year so it shouldn't surprise anyone if he were to end up here anyway i feel like the cavs trade for jamison made it that much closer since they were after amare from the get go. But in the end i think amare would have a better chance re signing in houston than cleveland if it came down to it. Which im sure was a factor in cleveland trading for him he made it public that he didn't want to be in cleveland.