PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Set On Trading Richard Jefferson

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/02/16/jefferson.rumors/index.html)

Displeased by the way Richard Jefferson has fit into their system, the Spurs are trying to move the forward before the deadline.

While Jefferson is an intriguing player his $14.2 million salary this season and $15.2 million next season males for a tough sell. Jefferson will likely remain in San Antonio.

Rotoworld

Jefferson struggles on any team where he isn't the #1 or #2 option, but you cant overlook his 17.3 PPG career average and his contract isn't really that bad considering he becomes a valuable expirer next season.

Hes a very good player but just doesn't fit unless he gets touches.

Ragun
02-17-2010, 06:56 PM
raptors could use him.

Gibby23
02-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Untradeable this year, but next year he is a 15 million dollar expiring.

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:59 PM
I was going to post a scenario but I cant really think of any team he fits on.

Saw this on another site, I dont take any credit for this.

San Antonio: Jermaine O'Neal

Phoenix: Michael Beasley, Udonis Haslem, Dorrell Wright, Quentin Richardson, Draft Picks from Miami

Miami: Amare Stoudemire, Richard Jefferson, Jason Richardson, Antonio McDyess

The Heat's bench depth holds them back but the Heat would become the 4th best team in the East IMO, and Wade could sign his extension tomorrow.
Jermaine O'Neal fits better next to Duncan and is an expirer.
Phoenix gets Beasley, 2 solid role players(expirers), and an expiring bum along with some picks.

Kakaroach
02-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Some team wants him. The key is that the Spurs to get rid of his contract would need to either take back another bad contract or give up someone they value.

I don't see him being traded though.

MU and UW Fan
02-17-2010, 07:03 PM

The Heat's bench depth holds them back but the Heat would become the 4th best team in the East IMO, and Wade could sign his extension tomorrow.
Phoenix gets Beasley, 2 solid role players(expirers), and an expiring bum along with some picks.

Yeah Wade along with J-Rich and RJ def. not happening.

Fresno
02-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah Wade along with J-Rich and RJ def. not happening.

1 ball cant make all those guys happy, but we kinda thought the same thing about their 05' team with guys like White Chocolate, Glove, Walker, and Shaq.

mgsports
02-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Great Trade but I would like to see Jason go to Miami and Haslam to Orlando.

MU and UW Fan
02-17-2010, 07:14 PM
There not gonna add salaries of J-rich and RJ that go beyond this year.

*Superman*
02-17-2010, 07:17 PM
RJ for VC?

Derick713
02-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Richard Jefferson isn't the player he use to be. I think the Spurs will have to take back longer contracts for him. I could a Richard Jefferson for James Posey and Emeka Okafor going down.

Fresno
02-17-2010, 07:19 PM
There not gonna add salaries of J-rich and RJ that go beyond this year.

Why would they have a problem doing so if they get Amare in the process?

:)

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-17-2010, 07:22 PM

That is so dumb for the Spurs. Jermaine "I have no more game" O'Neal. The guy is a glorified sub off the bench.

MU and UW Fan
02-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Yeah they want Amare, not those other two schmucks. how much u wanna bet j-rich and or/RJ doesnt end up in Miami. Get over it. U dont even kno if they'll get Amare. Stop talking nonsense.

Fresno
02-17-2010, 07:25 PM
That is so dumb for the Spurs. Jermaine "I have no more game" O'Neal. The guy is a glorified sub off the bench.

Why you gotta hate on Jermaine O'Neal?

The last thing you want is for him to come in your house, walk up your steps, and slide across your room to punch you in the face, injuring himself more in the process.

AntwanN21
02-17-2010, 07:31 PM
dont know contracts but would.... calderon and banks for jefferson and mason jr work.

calderon is key off the bench much like ginobli and the raps need a starting two and i think rj can fit that role

black1605
02-17-2010, 07:32 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjne7hk

Bobcats get:

Jefferson
McDyess

Spurs get:

Chandler
Murray
Law

Fresno
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Bobcats get:

Jefferson
McDyess

Spurs get:

Chandler
Murray
Law

RJ comes off the bench?

That looks like a good deal for both teams.

MU and UW Fan
02-17-2010, 07:40 PM
RJ comes off the bench?

Seriously why dont you just talk about trade talks that are being talked about instead of making up trades in the machine that have no connections to anything and that will not happen.

shep33
02-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Blair and Jefferson plus picks for Amar'e?? I think that deal would probably be the best teh Suns have heard so far.

black1605
02-17-2010, 07:44 PM
RJ comes off the bench?

i know he would be expensive 6th man, but then again, right now Chandler is an expensive 8th man

Fresno
02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Seriously why dont you just talk about trade talks that are being talked about instead of making up trades in the machine that have no connections to anything and that will not happen.

:rolleyes:

Im just quoting ideas. Welcome to PSD, this is how trade possibility threads work.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Why you gotta hate on Jermaine O'Neal?

The last thing you want is for him to come in your house, walk up your steps, and slide across your room to punch you in the face, injuring himself more in the process.

I'm sure he will do this for every single sports fan who has ever made a comment. :facepalm:

RadiantShot
02-17-2010, 07:59 PM
RJ for VC?

:facepalm:

Be quiet Roger.

Legitimate
02-17-2010, 08:02 PM
how about brand+1st for RJ

MU and UW Fan
02-17-2010, 08:08 PM
:rolleyes:

Im just quoting ideas. Welcome to PSD, this is how trade possibility threads work.

Ideas that have 0% chance of happening and come out of nowhere except ur ***. might as well throw out idea of kobe to the bucks for michael redd

vash9
02-17-2010, 08:28 PM
RJ for VC?

VC>RJ

especially in the Playoffs.

MTar786
02-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Blair and Jefferson plus picks for Amar'e?? I think that deal would probably be the best teh Suns have heard so far.

wow good job man. Thats actually a great trade for both teams. But i wouldnt want that happening. i like san antonio being a mediocre team :)

HouRealCoach
02-17-2010, 10:26 PM
I feel bad when players are overpaid and they kill a team with their contracts... Atleast its not worse than Arenas