PDA

View Full Version : Update: Robinson to Celtics close, but not official (Post #18)

JNA17
02-17-2010, 03:53 PM
my opinion, knicks are stupid. Flame me with whatever but i think the knicks were stupid to do that deal.

EDIT: a few links to the source.

http://twitter.com/alanhahn/status/9246789550

http://dimemag.com/2010/02/breaking-news-nate-robinson-traded-to-boston/

http://www.basketusa.com/news/26288/nate-robinson-transfere-aux-celtics/ (last link is in spanish i think but since that's the case, use google translator or ask hellcroner ;) )

Highlight
02-17-2010, 03:55 PM
He was expiring anyways, so I get what you mean, but I guess he was causing too much trouble.

It's just like Tyrus Thomas in Chicago. He's an expiring, but the Bulls Organization just doesn't want him around anymore.

DaoudS
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
This is a bad deal for the Celtics IMO. House was consistent off the bench and clutch. Robinson, as athletically gifted as he is, doesn't really provide that consistency.

JWO35
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
So Kryptonate will wear green on a daily bases now...hmm

Stunner
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
this doesnt help the Knicks get T-Mac no 1st round pick to get back lol

Young and Stupid
02-17-2010, 03:58 PM
For those who criticize the deal, whats the down-side for the Knicks?

(waits for answer)

(still no answer)

Punchline: There isn't one.

Corey
This is a bad deal for the Celtics IMO. House was consistent off the bench and clutch. Robinson, as athletically gifted as he is, doesn't really provide that consistency.

House hasn't been consistent at all this year.

His best minutes have come in garbage time.

Raph12
This can be good or bad for both teams, Robinson is known for his ability to light up a scoreboard, but also known to be extremely inconsistent.

His play will determine how big this trade really is.

DaoudS
02-17-2010, 03:59 PM

(waits for answer)

(still no answer)

Good deal for the Knicks.

twoearl
02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
my opinion, knicks are stupid. Flame me with whatever but i think the knicks were stupid to do that deal.

will provide link in a moment

The Knicks are putting all thier faith in this summer. I promise they will NOT get lebron, wade or bosh. They will have to settle for Joe Johnson and boozer LOL.

metsbulls1025
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM

(waits for answer)

(still no answer)

Doing this deal before having the McGrady deal a sure thing.

jetsfan28
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM

EDIT: a few links to the source.

http://twitter.com/alanhahn/status/9246789550

http://dimemag.com/2010/02/breaking-news-nate-robinson-traded-to-boston/

http://www.basketusa.com/news/26288/nate-robinson-transfere-aux-celtics/ (last link is in spanish i think but since that's the case, use google translator or ask hellcroner ;) )

Stupid for trading someone who was leaving after this year? At worst, it was pointless. At best, they use 3 second rounders to get some decent pieces and find a Dejuan Blair.

mgsports
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Maybe House will get Waived so they can sign him back.

Stunner
02-17-2010, 04:03 PM

(waits for answer)

(still no answer)

there is a lil one could have gotten a 1st round pick so they could have put that in the deal to get T-Mac.

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 04:03 PM
House was really struggling this year. He can't play Defense anymore on the perimeter and he can not handle the ball. He's a good role player but Nate Robinson can do far more for Boston. Boston doesn't have players to create for Eddie anymore PP, Allen and Garnett are not the same and can't create open shots for House anymore, he has to create his own now and can't do it. Nate on the other hand can play with the ball in his hands and take over games at times. Boston will just need him for good defense on the perimeter and bench scoring.

JNA17
02-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Doing this deal before having the McGrady deal a sure thing.

that and i think nate is a much much much better player overall. There both expiring so i did not see the point in the deal that much and i think there gonna get worse even more so then now. And they don't have a pick this year to try and suck anyway, so what point was there to do this deal?

GrkGawdofWalkz
this doesnt help the Knicks get T-Mac no 1st round pick to get back lol

Tracy is only worth his contract, he'll hairline fracture his pinky and be out the rest of the season due to lack of personality. :D

jetsfan28
there is a lil one could have gotten a 1st round pick so they could have put that in the deal to get T-Mac.

No, they couldn't. Robinson could have vetoed any trade and was only willing to go to 3. None would even think about trading a 1st for him.

that and i think nate is a much much much better player overall. There both expiring so i did not see the point in the deal that much and i think there gonna get worse even more so then now. And they don't have a pick this year to try and suck anyway, so what point was there to do this deal?

Yeah, losing that guy who was inconsistent enough to get benched for a month and only played a little over 20 minutes a game will probably take them from 11th to 13th. What a shame.

Wade_County
02-17-2010, 04:06 PM
finally a trade went down, lol

mgsports
02-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Let's start over. Source says Nate-to-Celtics is "close" but no specifics yet can be confirmed. Everyone gets a free punch to my #P90X abs

Stunner
02-17-2010, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=jetsfan28;12331420]No, they couldn't. Robinson could have vetoed any trade and was only willing to go to 3. None would even think about trading a 1st for him.]

Like i said I mean Boston could have gave a 1st for him and House duh, huge rip off, Boston doesnt even use they're 1st pick, like i said could have used it in the T-Mac deal. could have gotten more for Nate from Boston.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Let's start over. Source says Nate-to-Celtics is "close" but no specifics yet can be confirmed. Everyone gets a free punch to my #P90X abs

its a done deal that has been leaked too soon. i dont think this was supposed to get out now, but someone was leaking tips

Giaps
02-17-2010, 04:14 PM
It's not definite that it is a 2nd rounder... still might be a first:

alanhahn
OK, I'm done with the attempt of the up-to-the-minute game here. Being corrected on info regarding House/2nd Rounder. Stay tuned.

alanhahn
Let's start over. Source says Nate-to-Celtics is "close" but no specifics yet can be confirmed. Everyone gets a free punch to my #P90X abs.

redsox0717
Celtics desperately needed a competent scorer off the bench, I like the deal.

Tony_Starks
I agree they should've pushed for a 1st rounder instead of a 2nd.

Anyway Im just glad to see NAte finally get out of that mess. He'll be a good fit in Boston and finally get a chance to compete on a winning team. Nate, Daniels, Tony Allen and Rasheed off the bench? Not too shabby!

Carey
02-17-2010, 04:15 PM

Agreed

JNA17
02-17-2010, 04:17 PM
wait nvm

Yankee Lifer
02-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Im not sure if its official yet. I think its very close though

mgsports
But on his Twitter Page that's what the topic things says.

The SportsKing
wait nvm

not done yet

BTownTeamsRKing
WEEI reports that it is basically done and just needs to be approved by the NBA lawyers bc of that BYC bs

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 04:21 PM
The Knicks are putting all thier faith in this summer. I promise they will NOT get lebron, wade or bosh. They will have to settle for Joe Johnson and boozer LOL.

That has nothing to do with nate robinson being traded

Alwaysballin247
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
House can't defend anyone..he has a hard time just bringing the ball up so we end up slowing it down...great shooter but not a great fit

tr4shb0t
02-17-2010, 04:24 PM
looks legit, but it still doesn't address all of Boston's issues.

mgsports
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Maybe other Trades in the works.

GAWDtv
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Good move for the Celtics, Nate can be for them as Crawford is in ATL, high scoring 6th man who can get his own shot and lead the team in pts off the pine. NY loves to chuck it up and plays no D so Eddie can be the prototype DAntoni guard, perfect for the Knicks. Galinari is the only player to have over 300 3pt attempts, House will try to catch up.

All the Stars cal allign in NY (or NJ moving to BK soon) and join forces ala Bron, Bosh Wade (and/or Melo) in the NYC??? Knicks can afford it, I'm sure the Russin Billianaire that bought the Nets can afford it and why wouldn't those young superstars join forces? If they can it could be only economically viable in NY or LA or maybe MIA. DAL could be I don't see that happening as they haven't cleared the cap and it is not the MECCA. It would only be affordable for this contract as the increase of the next contracts would make it too expensive to keep them all.
I would love to see it but Stern may pull a vito card...

redsox0717
02-17-2010, 04:27 PM
looks legit, but it still doesn't address all of Boston's issues.

Well, the biggest issue is health, most specifically KG's health, and nothing they do at the deadline can fix that.

mgsports
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes more PF.

Dmagic87
02-17-2010, 04:30 PM
I hate House less than Nate. Its an irrelevant trade. Anything to help playoff teams to beat the Cavs

NickyNick
02-17-2010, 04:32 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/02/17/2010-02-17_knicks_celtics_trade.html

MJ-BULLS
02-17-2010, 04:35 PM
good move for the celtics.

atl_braves_fan
02-17-2010, 04:41 PM

Even if you are correct, Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer would be a massive upgrade over the garbage they have now.

Don Starks
02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
i know this hasnt been discussed but i would like to gain the perspective of some celtics fans. it seems like you guys have issues at the power forward spot behind KG, and that the defense is suffering because of his knees. if Jeffries contract hypothetically wasn't an issue, don't you think he would be a nice presence off the bench? the guy can guard every position, and with shooters like allen, pierce and a scorer like rondo i feel like jeffries would add some nice depth for the playoffs. if you dont agree thats fine, but just explain why, dont just say celtics dont want the knicks garbage and just trash the guy, give a legit reason.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
i know this hasnt been discussed but i would like to gain the perspective of some celtics fans. it seems like you guys have issues at the power forward spot behind KG, and that the defense is suffering because of his knees. if Jeffries contract hypothetically wasn't an issue, don't you think he would be a nice presence off the bench? the guy can guard every position, and with shooters like allen, pierce and a scorer like rondo i feel like jeffries would add some nice depth for the playoffs. if you dont agree thats fine, but just explain why, dont just say celtics dont want the knicks garbage and just trash the guy, give a legit reason.

as the biggest Celtic realist. im very worried about KG's injury. No healthy KG = no Title 18

Jefferies is someone i have never been a fan of, but im not against getting any depth but his contract is bad and we have nothing to give even if we wanted him.

ive said for a while the knicks have tons of talent. Il take Harrington anytime. we could use him right about now!

MrBigShotBWill
02-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Nate is a good move. I agree Eddie is a lights out shooter but nothing else.

Danny Angie always pulls off random deals that no one thinks of? Maybe tomorrow the C's have another trade in mind.

JNA17
02-17-2010, 04:50 PM
hey another update, according to john hollinger, the deal between the celtics and the knicks can't work straight up nate for house due to Nate's BYC in his contract.

http://twitter.com/johnhollinger

TheWatcher34
02-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Nate already declined/vetoed a deal to Memphis and now he has his wish granted to play for a possible contender. he needs to realize that the show is over now, that there should be higher goals than winning a slam dunk competition. it would be great if he can bring that swagger to Beantown and ignite some fire off the bench..

mikantsass
02-17-2010, 04:51 PM

(waits for answer)

(still no answer)

The downside is that Duhon gets more minutes.
The upside is that Toney Douglas probably gets more minutes.

MrBigShotBWill
02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
I would like us to get Troy Murphy. I just don't know if we have the right stuff to get that done.

Hes a beast and people don't talk about him!

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 04:53 PM
hey another update, according to john hollinger, the deal between the celtics and the knicks can't work straight up nate for house due to Nate's BYC in his contract.

http://twitter.com/johnhollinger

old news man. we knew that. this is taking some creative work

JNA17
02-17-2010, 04:54 PM
old news man. we knew that. this is taking some creative work

maybe this whole thing will turn into a 3 way deal where it's knicks, rockets and celtics!!! :p

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 04:55 PM
maybe this whole thing will turn into a 3 way deal where it's knicks, rockets and celtics!!! :p

i wouldnt doubt it at all. its probably what is delaying the announcement

mr.awesome
02-17-2010, 04:58 PM
i think the celtics would rather stay away from a 3 team deal

amaziing
02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
What other player will be involve? to match salary. Hopefully we get a 1st round pick! :pray:

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 05:05 PM
i think the celtics would rather stay away from a 3 team deal

not a choice. they have to

xbrackattackx
02-17-2010, 05:06 PM

Maybe

Ny Receives

Tmac
Cook
House
Daniels

Celtics Receives

Robinson
Jeffries
Dorsey

Houston Receives

Hughes
Hill
Scal
Darko

JOSKOMANG4
02-17-2010, 05:06 PM

I was thinking the same thing..

What ifff

- Knicks acquire SG Tracy Mcgrady

- Celtics acquire SG Nate Robinson

- Rockets acquire SG Eddie House, C Eddie Curry, PF/SF J.Jefferies, and celtics 2010 1st rd pick.

king4day
02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing..

What ifff

- Knicks acquire SG Tracy Mcgrady

- Celtics acquire SG Nate Robinson

- Rockets acquire SG Eddie House, C Eddie Curry, PF/SF J.Jefferies, and celtics 2010 1st rd pick.

The Rockets GM would be fired before he could even consider it :)

amaziing
02-17-2010, 05:16 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yztld5e

What do you think?? This is a scenery trade between Boston, NYC, and Rockets.

ZioAx
02-17-2010, 05:17 PM
and here's to you Mr. Robinson

OrderOfCook
02-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Nate Robinson to the Celtics, an outsiders thoughts.

I have no real interest in Nate, the Knicks or the Celtics but from a basketball fan's perspective I don't see why the Celtics do this, other than as an act of desperation for a little bit of fire on the team. Nate has always been all about Nate. He's a cancer in every locker room and although people will say that the veteran presence on the Celtics will tone that down--what if it doesn't?

Clearly Nate wants Nate to play, and play a lot. How's he going to feel sitting for long stretches? Probably the same way he felt in NY. With the Celtics on a bit of a "losing streak" (in the relative, elite team kind of way) tempers must already be a bit on edge and the last thing you need is a jack-*** coming into the team. Hello Marbury encore. Maybe Nate will eat vaseline in the off-season too.

The L Train
02-17-2010, 05:29 PM
so WTF?

i havent heard anything about this deal anywhere but here, is it actually happening or just a PSD rumor?

avrpatsfan
02-17-2010, 05:59 PM
so WTF?

i havent heard anything about this deal anywhere but here, is it actually happening or just a PSD rumor?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35443609/ns/sports-player_news/ (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35443609/ns/sports-player_news/)
It's done
Quote from article

In a breaking report, multiple sources confirm that the New York Knicks and the Boston Celtics have come to a deal that will send Nate Robinson to the Celtics.

The buzz is that Eddie House is headed to the Knicks, but details of the deal may not be released until tomorrow. Check back for updates.

I heard it was a 2nd round pick and Eddie House. I would have preferred Tony Allen, but I like this trade very much. No way I would want to give up a 1st round pick for a rental. I want us to resign him for a good price next year with out extra cap space. All we need now is to trade Allen and were good

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:03 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35443609/ns/sports-player_news/ (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35443609/ns/sports-player_news/)
It's done
Quote from article

I heard it was a 2nd round pick and Eddie House. I would have preferred Tony Allen, but I like this trade very much. No way I would want to give up a 1st round pick for a rental. I want us to resign him for a good price next year with out extra cap space. All we need now is to trade Allen and were good

Trade Ray Allen for what? If there has been no real deals on the table then why keep mentioning it?

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 06:04 PM

I have no real interest in Nate, the Knicks or the Celtics but from a basketball fan's perspective I don't see why the Celtics do this, other than as an act of desperation for a little bit of fire on the team. Nate has always been all about Nate. He's a cancer in every locker room and although people will say that the veteran presence on the Celtics will tone that down--what if it doesn't?

Clearly Nate wants Nate to play, and play a lot. How's he going to feel sitting for long stretches? Probably the same way he felt in NY. With the Celtics on a bit of a "losing streak" (in the relative, elite team kind of way) tempers must already be a bit on edge and the last thing you need is a jack-*** coming into the team. Hello Marbury encore. Maybe Nate will eat vaseline in the off-season too.

Nate Robinson is in a much better part of his career then Starbury is the first flaw in your statement.

Second, Nate is about Nate which is fine but you act like he's been in multiple locker rooms. If it's the same Nate Robinson your talking about he's been a Knick his entire career. and he really has only had problems with D'Antonio.

Nate didn't play for something like 17-18 games in NY. He will play solid minutes in Boston, probably 15-25 depending on the night. I think this guy can be like Vinny Microwave Johnson was for Detroit, he can obviously score and Boston needs offense.

If Nate just wanted minutes he would accept trades to other teams but he wants to play for a winner.

For Boston desperation or not it's a decent move, can't get worse right now and guy could add a spark.

The L Train
02-17-2010, 06:11 PM
keep in mind, iverson to the knicks was 'done' too a few months ago... we know how that turned out

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Nate Robinson is in a much better part of his career then Starbury is the first flaw in your statement.
Very true, Starbury was coming off of a 14 month hiatus and wasnt in basketball shape before signing with Boston. He wasnt in shape when he showed up to join the team with the Knicks before MD sent him away.

Robinson is in his prime with the potential to get better with the right coaching to help him ease into the role of a PG rather than an undersized scoring guard.

Second, Nate is about Nate which is fine but you act like he's been in multiple locker rooms. If it's the same Nate Robinson your talking about he's been a Knick his entire career. and he really has only had problems with D'Antonio.
I agree.

Nate didn't play for something like 17-18 games in NY. He will play solid minutes in Boston, probably 15-25 depending on the night. I think this guy can be like Vinny Microwave Johnson was for Detroit, he can obviously score and Boston needs offense.
No. Nate is nothing like Vinny Johnson, Nate is one of the streakiest(did I make the word up?) players in the NBA. If he doesn't get hot when he comes in the game, hes going to basically disappear in the half court offense because no way they will allow him to hog the ball and heat check.

If Nate just wanted minutes he would accept trades to other teams but he wants to play for a winner.
Nate likes to win. I think he realized his value is higher being productive on a good team than scoring 15 PPG on a Lottery team.

avrpatsfan
02-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Trade Ray Allen for what? If there has been no real deals on the table then why keep mentioning it?

A good young SG on a team looking to cut budget. Most likely it won't happen, but we need to trade him

mgsports
02-17-2010, 06:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/13395/new-name-in-trade-talks-mike-conley Memphis gets Allen/Farmer and Draft Pick
Boston gets Gay/Walton
Lakers get Conley/Davis

blastmasta26
02-17-2010, 06:27 PM

I don't understand the Nate to Marbury comparisons at all, and I don't see how he's a locker room "cancer." He may seem a little selfish and all about himself, but he seems more like a team guy than a cancer to me. He was always the first guy off the bench to congratulate his teammates during his 14 consecutive CD-DNPs. He may not be the perfect teammate, but I don't think he is a cancer like Marbury.

Ill21
02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Knicks are getting a first round pick for nate

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/02/17/knicks-to-get-first-round-pick/

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/13395/new-name-in-trade-talks-mike-conley Memphis gets Allen/Farmer and Draft Pick
Boston gets Gay/Walton
Lakers get Conley/Davis

Why would the Lakers & Celtics take part in a deal together? That has not and will never happen. They're competing with each other not trying to help each other get better.

Boston doesn't need Rudy Gay considering hes a natural SF when they have Pierce, not to mention the fact that they would be hard pressed to sign him this offseason since Rudy wants more than $12 Million(Grizzlies most recent offer).

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
A good young SG on a team looking to cut budget. Most likely it won't happen, but we need to trade him

Who is this good young SG on a team looking to cut budget?

If its not Monta or Iggy, the rest is a bigger pipe dream or unrealistic.

Strumpy
02-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Knicks are getting a first round pick for nate

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/02/17/knicks-to-get-first-round-pick/

:mad: The one thing I didn't want us to give up....

GIANTS4LIFE28
02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Maybe

Ny Receives

Tmac
Cook
House
Daniels

Celtics Receives

Robinson
Jeffries
Dorsey

Houston Receives

Hughes
Hill
Scal
Darko

this is what the trade would have to look like
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Celtics where going after Kevin Martin from Sac town for a while but that looks like it's not going anywhere. Rumors about Monta Ellis and some small ones about Iggy, but nothing substantially is going to happen with any of those situations.

jetsfan28
02-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Awful trade for the Celts if the Knicks get a 1st IMO

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 08:26 PM
This deal is almost complete.

Eddie House: I'm moving out for Nate Robinson

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1233579&position=1

man i know its a business, but i cant imagine the feeling of being thrown off the team.

thanks Eddie House for helping win GREEN 17! much respect to the dude.

AntiG
02-17-2010, 08:32 PM
MSG Network just reported its Robinson for House and Giddens, no mention of a draft pick.

mjqusoldier
02-17-2010, 08:36 PM
is giddens ANY GOOD?

DieHardColtsfan
02-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Not thrilled about this now. I really wanted a pick instead, even if it was a second.

jetsfan28
02-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Damn, not a fan of Giddens.

AntiG
02-17-2010, 08:43 PM
is giddens ANY GOOD?

he's very raw but one of the league's better pure athletes... at the very least if he gets a chance to fast break you'll get to see him get ridiculous airtime on his dunks.

He was basically a throw-in to match the salaries. D'Antoni wanted House.

Personally, I prefer House to Nate... kid is clutch and a lights out 3 pt shooter. When he gets on his streaks he goes nuts and its the best thing ever.

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Giddens played well at times this summer but IMO nothing more then a 8th-9th player in this league.

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
he's very raw but one of the league's better pure athletes... at the very least if he gets a chance to fast break you'll get to see him get ridiculous airtime on his dunks.

He was basically a throw-in to match the salaries. D'Antoni wanted House.

Personally, I prefer House to Nate... kid is clutch and a lights out 3 pt shooter. When he gets on his streaks he goes nuts and its the best thing ever.

Eddie House can't get his own shot and Boston's problem as a team right now is they can't create for themselves or others anymore. Not good 1 on 1 players anymore. Nate can do that for himself and others. I really think Nate will be a bigtime asset for Boston.

Agar81
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Tough to see Eddie leave, but Nate should be a good asset.

AddiX
02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Nate was one of my favorite players, but it's time for him to go. He just doesnt fit this team. I still hope the best for him, he is a real positive dude and you can tell no matter what he makes or who he plays for he plays full speed.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Eddie House can't get his own shot and Boston's problem as a team right now is they can't create for themselves or others anymore. Not good 1 on 1 players anymore. Nate can do that for himself and others. I really think Nate will be a bigtime asset for Boston.

Bingo. this is what i have been saying. those guys on weei have no idea what they are talking about.

they think KG is still playing as an MVP

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 09:37 PM
ok so the latest:

Boston gets: Nate

New York gets: House, Giddens, 2nd round pick

now wouldnt this mean Boston has to get something else minor from the knicks too?

Storch
02-17-2010, 09:40 PM
nate in boston doesnt really make a difference, theyre still the same team imo

Kakaroach
02-17-2010, 09:40 PM
So its official huh. I think Giddens will fit well into New York's offense and Nate is the firepower the Celts need.

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Eeewww, this is what the Celts have to rival the Cavs acquiring Jamison?

Eddie House is a great chemistry guy and wanna of the better role players in the league. When he gets hot the guy is unconscious. A scorer off the bench is a good asset for the Celts but they don't need scoring.

Nate isn't a great defender and he could disrupt chemistry if he demands more shots. We'll see though...

The SportsKing
02-17-2010, 09:50 PM

Eddie House is a great chemistry guy and wanna of the better role players in the league. When he gets hot the guy is unconscious. A scorer off the bench is a good asset for the Celts but they don't need scoring.

Nate isn't a great defender and he could disrupt chemistry if he demands more shots. We'll see though...

well atlest Nate is only here for 1 year and your stuck with Jamison for another two years plus he is 33 years old and nates only in his late 20's! and like i said dont be cocky because youll never know if orlando or boston could pull somthing big tomorrow!

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 09:53 PM
well atlest Nate is only here for 1 year and your stuck with Jamison for another two years plus he is 33 years old and nates only in his late 20's! and like i said dont cocky because youll never know if orlando or boston pulls somthing big tomorrow!

TWO YEARS!!! OHHHH ****!!

So that means he'll be 34 next year! We are doomed...

Agar81
02-17-2010, 09:53 PM
I think its just Eddie and Giddens

The SportsKing
02-17-2010, 09:54 PM
TWO YEARS!!! OHHHH ****!!

So that means he'll be 34 next year! We are doomed...

when Lebron signs with my Bulls or the Knicks then there your guys would be doomed

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Nate is going to bring a big jolt of energy to this old team right now.

AntwanN21
02-17-2010, 10:11 PM
the celtics needed a big move to stay competitive imo, i dont think this was it

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 10:14 PM
when Lebron signs with my Bulls or the Knicks then there your guys would be doomed

:facepalm:

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
unfortunately don't think there is any big moves out there. Ray Allen is their big trade chip and they need a young athletic wing in return and nobody is giving it up. For Allen I wouldn't have minded going for Salmons, Tyrus Thomas and Hinrich type deal with adding a guy like Tony Allen and the salaries might have matched and Chicago might have done it but there wasn't much else out there, they tried Sacramento and Kevin Martin. Tried with GSW with a deal centered around Monta Ellis denied, and they tried with Philly for Iggy. No teams seemed ready to bite on it.

PhillyFan001
02-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Nate Robinson is not worth a first rounder at all

elizur
02-17-2010, 10:32 PM

hah nice.

unwantedplayer
02-17-2010, 10:40 PM

What...?

I doubt this was an answer. We've been discussing a trade for Nate for awhile now. If Danny was to answer the Cavs trade, he would have definitely traded Ray Allen.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Nate Robinson is not worth a first rounder at all

thats why we only gave Eddie house and JR Giddens

Tragedy
02-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Well..I certainly don't think was the deal that makes the Celtics even close to the favorites. Probably an upgrade, but nothing earth shattering. Sad to see Eddie go, he's been one of my favorite Celtics to watch the last couple of seasons.