PDA

View Full Version : Amare Expects Wednesday To Be Final Game With Suns

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-tradebuzz021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Amar’e Stoudemire and the Phoenix Suns are no longer discussing a contract extension, and the All-Star forward was privately telling friends that he believes he’s playing his last game in a Suns uniform on Wednesday night in Dallas, sources said.

Those privy to the conversations among Suns ownership, management and Walters say they no longer include scenarios where Stoudemire isn’t traded prior to Thursday’s deadline.

Jay22Redd
02-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah I read this and was shocked. He told his teammates that it was his last game. Now, how are they going to respond to this in tha game. Not smart by Amare.

But on the other side, he could be askin them to leave him with an explosive game since it could be the last time they play with each other.

abe_froman
02-17-2010, 01:34 PM
to a team that hasnt been mentioned recently,its how these things always go

Unruly Fan
02-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I am unsure about Amare's situation but his forwardness about the whole thing shouldn't be a bad thing. It all depends on how hes leaving the team. It's one thing if he demanded to be traded (putting up below avg numbers, etc, etc). Personally with what I can tell by his numbers he's been doing a decent job there. If the trade was a collaborative decision between the Suns Organization and him, I don't see why anyone on the team would have any problem making Stat's last game one to remember.

C-Van
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Now comes the guessing game. To where, and for who?

Young and Stupid
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Obviously I'm biased, but I still think the Nets are a darkhorse. They can offer a better deal than both the Heat and Cavs, but its probably just wishful thinking. If a gun was put to my head, I would probably say the Heat.

JPHX
02-17-2010, 03:08 PM
:cry:

RadiantShot
02-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Sad. They should've upgraded at the SF or SG position, and got rid of J-Rich. Stat wasn't their problem. Him and Nash are pretty inseparable. Looks like they're going to be now.

braveniler58
02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
It's hitting me now, and hard. I'm going to miss him.
:cry:

Venomous88
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Welcome to Miami :)

Blackjack24
02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Interesting way of releasing the news... My money's on Cleveland, still.

Kakaroach
02-17-2010, 06:41 PM
So we should be hearing the lucky winner pretty soon, as early as tomorrow I'm expecting.

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 06:41 PM
If he doesn't go to Chicago, I hope he goes to Cleveland.

So that next year Wade and Bosh can come to Chicago.:D

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Sad. They should've upgraded at the SF or SG position, and got rid of J-Rich. Stat wasn't their problem. Him and Nash are pretty inseparable. Looks like they're going to be now.

I disagree. That team would've been the best team in the west had they not fired D'Antoni and these guys had been assembled atleast 5 seasons ago, not to mention keeping Marion rather than trading for Shaq.

Nash is on the decline, Richardson is on the decline, Hill is on the decline, Barbosa has been injured in recent years and doesn't seem anything like what he did 3-4 years ago, and I might be wrong but Stat hadn't had the knee surgery at that point.

I hope Robert Sarver is happy with what has happened to his Franchise, the 04-10 Suns Era will be remembered as a team that could've and would've won a NBA Championship if Sarver hadnt ****ed over them.

Meth
02-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Can't wait to see where Amare lands. This ought to be interesting.

PHX2daDEATH
02-17-2010, 07:15 PM
I really don't see why Kerr can't let this team finish a full-season together.. Its frustrating. Don't they know that if they do the trade with Cleveland everybody is going to quit..flat out quit... No Playoffs, no chance of even facing the Lakers or the Spurs. I keep telling people that Kobe's injury is a lot worse then we're being told.. First the Shaq trade..then the Diaw/Bell trade and now possibly Amare. If Amare Leaves we can officially ALMOST say the Colangelo Era of the Suns has died and to me that is the most saddest thing EVER.

If Jerry were running this team I think he'd let them play the season out, get into the playoffs and see what happens.. FO has no faith in this team, they say we ain't winning a championship? So what!! you get to the second or third round, your're gonna generate more money. you get JJ Hickson for your All NBA, 5 time All-star your're just asking for empty seats..

I can really see it now.. In 5 years were looking at the Tucson Suns, yeah call me crazy and i' know ive made outlandish assumptions but I wouldnt put it past Sarver and the Economy that we're in..

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 08:35 PM
After the Cavs traded for Jamison, i'm not 100% sold on Amar'e leaving now...

I can't see them giving him up for the trash the Heat are offering, so maybe he'll wait and then test the free agency waters...

EDIT: Sorry, keep meaning to change my sig. I'll do it now, lol.

Shady66
02-17-2010, 09:00 PM
^ the trash heat offer is much better than clevelands offer lol

Vinny642
02-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Hornets step up and make a god damn move.

effen5
02-17-2010, 09:11 PM
I bet he doesnt get traded.

dodie53
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
amare going to the heat?

JNA17
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
amare now going to the heat, book it

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
^ the trash heat offer is much better than clevelands offer lol

It might seem that way to you but not the Suns GM...

They valued JJ Hickson very highly, more so than a combination of Chalmers, Cook and Wright.

Would you not want Amar'e to stay?

JNA17
02-17-2010, 09:21 PM

problem is, amare does not want to stay lol

Shady66
02-17-2010, 09:25 PM
It might seem that way to you but not the Suns GM...

They valued JJ Hickson very highly, more so than a combination of Chalmers, Cook and Wright.

obviously i do, but not for the max.

jmichael7753
02-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Amare will not be traded. He doesnt want to go either. He said a two weeks ago that he wont even opt out of his deal at the end of the season so he will be with the suns until the end of next season.

JNA17
02-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Amare will not be traded. He doesnt want to go either.

way to be in the denial...

PHX2daDEATH
02-17-2010, 09:40 PM
He ain't going nowhere unless Ainge gives us Garnett and Allen for him and J-Rich..I hope.. We always here the Suns don't want Beasley or the Heat don't wanna give Beasley up.. No Miami.. No Chicago.. and it doesn't matter what any bulls fan will tell you until now and tommorow..

AntwanN21
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
what will happen to nash now?

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
To be honest I won't be surprised if he is still a Phoenix Suns player after the deadline...

I think the only team willing to take a gamble on a potential half season rental was the Cavs and now they're out of the picture, i'm not sure.

He won't go to the Heat unless they offer Beasley, which they really don't wanna do. Philly could still be an option... A Dalembert/Iggy for Amar'e/J-Rich deal would be the Suns dream.

Does Amar'e really wanna move to a new city for potentially half a year and then have to move on again? Are teams willing to risk him bolting in the summer?

PHX2daDEATH
02-17-2010, 09:45 PM
what will happen to nash now?

lol dont even think about him getting traded for calderon!.. Nothing happens.

Wade_County
02-17-2010, 09:46 PM
at this point i could care less, but im willing to bet hes on the heat come the start of the 2010-2011 season

PHX2daDEATH
02-17-2010, 09:53 PM
To be honest I won't be surprised if he is still a Phoenix Suns player after the deadline...

I think the only team willing to take a gamble on a potential half season rental was the Cavs and now they're out of the picture, i'm not sure.

He won't go to the Heat unless they offer Beasley, which they really don't wanna do. Philly could still be an option... A Dalembert/Iggy for Amar'e/J-Rich deal would be the Suns dream.

Does Amar'e really wanna move to a new city for potentially half a year and then have to move on again? Are teams willing to risk him bolting in the summer?

Nobody ever mentions this but at some point he's going to need another Microfracture surgery on his knee.

SeoulBeatz
02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
He is going to philly...

Amare and Barbosa for iggy and Dalembert.

just got a feeling, and some rumors are popping up that it's a done deal since the the Suns nixed the Cavs offer. don't have any links though, but we'll see.

AntwanN21
02-17-2010, 09:59 PM
lol dont even think about him getting traded for calderon!.. Nothing happens.

lol were way past that stage im just saying, management should find a good fit for him, i would hate to see the guy with no rings at the end of his career

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 10:03 PM
He is going to philly...

Amare and Barbosa for iggy and Dalembert.

just got a feeling, and some rumors are popping up that it's a done deal since the the Suns nixed the Cavs offer. don't have any links though, but we'll see.

I'd say if he leaves the Sixers are favorites to get him... Just because the Cavs are not involved anymore doesn't mean he'll go to Miami by default. It doesn't make the Heat's offer (if there even is one at the moment) any better.

If Philly offer Dalembert/Iggy it'll be a done deal.

Assman22
02-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Cavs are out of this deal now for Amare. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls pull off a deal under the radar for him since they just pulled out of the Rockets deal all the sudden. I think they have to see what a PG like Nash is doing with Amare and think that Rose would make him even better. Noah is solid on defense to make up for Amare.

Salmons must be included, TT as well and perhaps J James, and a pick? Certainly beats out Miami and lines up salaries well. Suns get 2 expirings and Salmons for the 3 once Hill retires and a pick too.

Assman22
02-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Amare to Philly along with an already overpaid Elton Brand? Both natural PF's, neither of which is a solid C. I doubt it......

SpursEvolution
02-17-2010, 10:18 PM
It's to spurs.
Blair has played limited time! An Jefferson played alot so they're showcasing him, he also did good tonight, Mason played alot too! So I say

Blair, RJ, Mason future 1st

Staudemire, Barbosa 2nd

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Cavs are out of this deal now for Amare. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls pull off a deal under the radar for him since they just pulled out of the Rockets deal all the sudden. I think they have to see what a PG like Nash is doing with Amare and think that Rose would make him even better. Noah is solid on defense to make up for Amare.

Salmons must be included, TT as well and perhaps J James, and a pick? Certainly beats out Miami and lines up salaries well. Suns get 2 expirings and Salmons for the 3 once Hill retires and a pick too.

This post fails on several levels...

Rose could make Stoudemire better than Nash does? You don't watch basketball then...

Salmons was just traded to the Bucks.

SpursEvolution
02-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Blockbuster!
RJ, Mason, Bonner, Blair 1st

Staudemire, barbosa, Collins.

Hopefully,...

NBA-GMaster
02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
AMARE to Miami!!

Sports Illustrator
02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
It will likely either be the Bulls, Sixers or the Heat. The Heat may be diminishing their chances though if they aren't willing to trade Micheal Beasley, and notice how Tyrus Thomas is still a Bull despite several rumors. The Sixers is a very likely destination as well.

J$mo0th_3o5
02-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Wade, Beasley, Stoudemire:drool:

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 11:25 PM
JA Adande just said on the T-Mobile halftime report, a deal with Miami looks a long shot and he's probably gonna stay in Phoenix... Best option for him I think, they can still make a run this season, especially with the way Robin Lopez has stepped his game up as a true center.

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 11:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-stoudemiretalks021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

With the Cleveland Cavaliers no longer an option for Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), the Phoenix Suns are prepared to keep their All-Star forward through Thursday’s trade deadline, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Unless a trade materializes before Thursday afternoon, Stoudemire very well could spend the rest of the season in Phoenix.

“I think it’s 50-50 at best with Cleveland out of it,” said Stoudemire’s agent, Happy Walters.

The Suns weren’t enamored with the Cavs’ offer for Stoudemire – Zydrunas Ilgauskas(notes), J.J. Hickson(notes), Danny Green(notes) and a first-round pick – which spurred Cleveland to instead acquire Antawn Jamison(notes) from the Washington Wizards for a much smaller package.

The Miami Heat have continued to express interest in Stoudemire, and have offered Udonis Haslem(notes), Quentin Richardson(notes), Daequan Cook(notes) and a first-round pick. The Heat so far are unwilling to include Michael Beasley(notes) in any deal, league sources said. While the Suns don’t want Beasley for themselves, they think they can move him to another team for other assets.

League executives think the Heat are hesitant to improve their offer because they know they have a good chance of signing Stoudemire as a free agent this summer.

One league source with knowledge of the talks was skeptical the Suns will make any trade.

“No deal will happen,” the source said. “Miami is a long shot, at best.”

Wow... How things can change in a matter of hours...

EaglesJackson10
02-17-2010, 11:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-stoudemiretalks021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Wow... How things can change in a matter of hours...

Yeah they can and they will probably change again by 3pm tommorow.