PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy thinks he may be done for the season

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Link (http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/2/16/1313942/2010/2/16/1313942/brandon-roy-i-dont-know-where-to-go#)

Brandon Roy: "If This Is With Me The Whole Season, Then I Don't Really Have A Shot At Playing"

Ben_tiny by Ben. on Feb 16, 2010 10:55 PM PST in News Comment 77 comments

Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy attempted to play during tonight's game against the Los Angeles Clippers. Roy played tentatively for stretches of the first half but was clearly favoring his injured hamstring. After conferring with coach Nate McMIllan at halftime, Roy did not play in the second half of tonight's game.

After the game, Roy addressed questions from reporters regarding his health. He painted a grim picture. Here's a partial transcript. Questions are bolded, paraphrased and were asked by multiple reporters. Roy's answers are transcribed as closely as possible.

Do you feel like this could be with you for the rest of the season?

I think if this [pain] is with me the whole season then I don't really have a shot at playing. This is bad. I don't know. It's something I have to talk to coach about. It's to the point where I can't play because it hurts too bad.

I felt like I was worried for your hamstring every time you touched the ball.

Yeah, I did too. I did too. That's part of it. I feel like my rhythm is off. I'm afraid to make that hard play. That one time I was cutting to get open to get the ball it hurt. It's difficult to deal with right now.

Do you feel your season is in jeopardy?

Yeah, I feel like that. I felt like that last night after practice, being on the bench. I talked to LaMarcus and he's like 'What do you do next?' Me, I don't know. I don't know where to go. Two week stretches isn't doing it. We don't have that much longer in the season. I definitely feel like my season has been pretty messed up by this.

ombada
02-17-2010, 09:11 AM
sounds like he needs to take a couple weeks off and get a docters opinion before jumping to conclusions.

magichatnumber9
02-17-2010, 09:19 AM
This is gonna be the biggest knock on this kid. He is gonna have a hard time staying healthy during his career.

stawka
02-17-2010, 09:32 AM
The Blazers can't get a ****ing break. It's bad enough this kid goes out and kills himself every night with all their injuries, and now he's down and could be done for the year?

king4day
02-17-2010, 10:14 AM
If he's done then they just wasted their trade bait on Camby.
If they can't compete then it was a meaningless trade.

AK-50
02-17-2010, 12:22 PM
the blazers are having one of the worst seasons ever yet their winning games...but if roys out for the rest of the year i doubt they make the playoffs and if they do theyre not doing anything vs the lakers or nuggets or even jazz

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
The Blazers can't get a ****ing break. It's bad enough this kid goes out and kills himself every night with all their injuries, and now he's down and could be done for the year?

It is a shame the Blazers have had all these injuries this season.

Wilson
02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
I read this on ESPN earlier today. That's just brutal man, I can't imagine how frustrated Blazer fans must be right now...

Wade_County
02-17-2010, 01:01 PM
brutal for the blazers, they cant catch a break

Jay22Redd
02-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Dang....Blazers are just not having any kind of luck this season.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/02/brandon-roy-believes-his-season-could-be-over/

To say that the Portland Traiblazers have had issues with injuries with this season, would be akin to stating that Shaq has put on a few pounds over the years. It’s a gross understatement.

Greg Oden is done for the year, as is Joel Przybilla; now, a despondent Brandon Roy has a feeling that his hamstring injury may shut him down for the remainder of the season.

The Oregonian has the story:

All-Star Brandon Roy, who has been plagued by a nagging strained right hamstring since Jan.2, acknowledged that he is concerned the rest of his season is in jeopardy. “I … turned to LaMarcus (during the game) and he was like, ‘So what do you do next?’ Roy said. “I was like, ‘I don’t know. I don’t know where to go.’”

Roughly an hour before tipoff, Roy walked off the Rose Garden floor after warming up and said he would not play Tuesday night. But 30 minutes later, after a nudge from coach Nate McMillan, Roy decided to give it a go for the first time in 12 games. It did not go well. Roy could play only 15 rusty minutes before he had to tell McMillan he was done for the night. Roy said he thought about his tender hamstring during every move he made on the court and he felt a constant twinge. He finished with four points, two steals and one assist, and made just 2 of 7 field goals.

Of course, Brandon is no doctor (and says he hasn’t discussed shutting it down for the year with coaches and team trainers), and his self-diagnosis isn’t the final call on his season.

However, Roy is the one dealing with the pain, and from the sound of things on Brandon’s end, Blazers fans should probably not hold their breath for a happy ending.

If Brandon indeed is out for the season, this would be a very unfortunate season for the Blazers. First Ode, the Pryzbilla, then this. If he is can't come back, then they would be in a lot of trouble, obviously. They could even possibly fall out of the playoff spot with the west being so stacked.

What do you guys think?

Chronz
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Looks like the Camby deal was all for nothing.

Cavs_Fan24
02-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow that sucks. I was really thinking the blazers had a chance to upset someone in the playoffs especially after the camby deal. Doubt that happens now.

Wade_County
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457425

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Looks like the Camby deal was all for nothing.

I hope not.

A lineup of

Miller
Roy
Webster
Aldridge
Camby

Can upset any team out west in a series.

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:38 PM
I hope not.

A lineup of

Miller
Roy
Webster
Aldridge
Camby

Can upset any team out west in a series.

Thats if we're playing 5 on 5 the entire game, Portland's injury problems destroyed their bench depth. A team like the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, or Rockets could beat them due to their depth.

They only have Bayless, an injured Rudy Fernandez, and Juwan Howard to rely on as reserves. Batum/Oden/Pryzbila are basically done for the season unless they can somehow play limited minutes in the Playoffs, while Mills, Cunningham, and Pendergraph are too green to get consistent minutes just yet.

Meth
02-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Portland is still a good team with all the injuries. They're still winning. Portland is a beast team in 2k10.

But I know for fact that Golden State is a messed up team with all their injuries. But we can all blame the coach for making them play an up-tempo offense that is bound to injure players.

ldc62
02-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Blazers get no luck with all these injuries. Well... we all knew about Oden (He was going to be a bust anyways), but Roy and Pryzbilla too?

ChicagoRox
02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Why Brandon? Why? Why can't you be like Kobe (well not right now but usual Kobe) and play through the pain!!! If he is done for the season there goes my championship in fantasy basketball.

But all personal reasons aside, Hope he gets better and makes the NBA playoffs interesting.

Kakaroach
02-17-2010, 06:47 PM
This would kill the Blazers. Especially after giving up Outlaw for what might end up being a rental of Camby.

Meth
02-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Roy's injury is more serious and painful than Kobe, I know for sure.

Despite Kobe's fractured fingers and sprained ankle, Roy's hamstring injury is more serious and painful. You would know for sure if you had a hamstring injury.

/notasuckup