PDA

View Full Version : Rockets to accept Knicks or Bulls Trade Tomorrow

DRE'-MAC
02-16-2010, 11:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4920108

The Houston Rockets have narrowed their long-running quest to trade Tracy McGrady to offers from the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls and plan to choose between the offers Wednesday, according to sources with knowledge of the Rockets' thinking.

One source close to the process told ESPN.com that the Rockets, after intense talks with both teams leading up to Thursday's trading deadline, are determined to finalize a deal for McGrady and move on with their season.

The source said Tuesday night: "I expect it to happen tomorrow."

JordansBulls
02-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Twitter
STEIN_LINE_HQ:
Just filed to ESPN.com: Rockets narrow T-Mac choices to offers from Knicks and Bulls and plan to make their choice Wednesday. Link to come

Also, coincidentally, the Knicks and Bulls are playing eachother right now.

I assume the trade offers look something like this...

Knicks offering: Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill, Al Harrington, 2012 1st round pick, 2011 1st round pick swaps for T-Mac, Joey Dorsey, 2011 1st round pick swaps.

Bulls offering: John Salmons, Brad Miller, Tyrus Thomas for Tracy McGrady

Let it be the Bulls deal.

:pray:

JNA17
02-16-2010, 11:11 PM
knicks better prey

DaoudS
02-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Bulls offer looks a lot more intriguing.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 11:12 PM

x2

ManRam
02-16-2010, 11:14 PM
This is gonna be HUGE. Could shape the off-season quite a bit.

kblo247
02-16-2010, 11:14 PM
I hope they ****ing take the Knicks deal so LA can bend the Bulls over at the deadline.

oak2455
02-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Knicks will make it happen:D

DLeeicious
02-16-2010, 11:15 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS for the Bulls deal!

RocketsRule
02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
PLEASE take the Bulls trade.

Knicks is not bad, but we actually improve this year with the Bulls trade.

DaoudS
02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
I hope they ****ing take the Knicks deal so LA can bend the Bulls over at the deadline.

bestiality FTL

*Superman*
02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
I wanna see The Mac in a Bulls Jersey.

Lakers4ItAll
02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Go Bulls!

*Superman*
02-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Rockets IMO are are making a bad move. The should let his contract run out. Unless they get 2 of Knicks 1st round picks, it's a bad deal IMO.

D Roses Bulls
02-16-2010, 11:20 PM

X3 please get McGrady his Huge expiring contract

NYK_kidd77
02-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Congrats bulls fans..I hate being a knick fan lol

sixerfixer
02-16-2010, 11:25 PM
This is a real longshot but, any chance that the Rockets are announcing that T-Mac will be dealt to either the Knicks or Bulls tomorrow, and making that very public, to maybe get Ed Stefanski to agree to some sore of deal that sends Iggy to the Rockets, but in a deal where they don't have to take back Brand or Dalembert ? More like say a Lou Williams and Iggy +
fillers ?

Ovratd1up
02-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Who are the Bulls gonna play as big men? Trogdor can only haul so much.

wileyisTOFU
02-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Rockets IMO are are making a bad move. The should let his contract run out. Unless they get 2 of Knicks 1st round picks, it's a bad deal IMO.

the way the contracts work out on the team as of now they have something like 9-10 mil to spend on FA in the off-season(which gets us what? an aging manu?), so letting him expire isnt really all that great for the Rockets.

DLeeicious
02-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Who are the Bulls gonna play as big men? Trogdor can only haul so much.

Bosh and Noah, duh.

*Superman*
02-16-2010, 11:29 PM
the way the contracts work out on the team as of now they have something like 9-10 mil to spend on FA in the off-season(which gets us what? an aging manu?), so letting him expire isnt really all that great for the Rockets.

How much do you save if you trade him.

GiantYankKnicks
02-16-2010, 11:30 PM
NBA sources tell SI.com that the New York Knicks are now the front-runnner to land Rockets forward Tracy McGrady. More on SI.com coming

Link (http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSi)

JNA17
02-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Link (http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSi)

oh snap

GiantYankKnicks
02-16-2010, 11:34 PM
The New York Knicks are finalizing a deal that would send Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries to Houston for Tracy McGrady (cont)

The deal includes swapping the Knicks-Rockets first round picks and New York sending their 2012 first rounder to Houston.

The only remaining issue is the protection on the draft picks. More on SI.com soon.

Same Link

Hyland
02-16-2010, 11:36 PM
1. Knicks have to stop giving up first round picks. They don't have one in 2010....why do they have to give up another 2012?
If the 2010 Summer plan fails, Knicks need a back up plan, and thats build through the draft. They're only hurting themselves.
2. Bulls offer isn't that good. Thomas is a bust who would just be a back up to Landry, and Salmons/Miller are reserve players or starters on a bad team.
3. Jordan Hill could possibly be the best player from this trade.
4. Jefferies expires in 2011...Knicks need to stop obsessing over the 2010 plan and realize they have a lot more years to throw everything way for a player they may not even get.

Bad bad bad for New York...

NBA needs the Knicks...enough of this madness...can we get a GM who knows what he's doing?

Hyland
02-16-2010, 11:42 PM
1. Knicks have to stop giving up first round picks. They don't have one in 2010....why do they have to give up another 2012?
If the 2010 Summer plan fails, Knicks need a back up plan, and thats build through the draft. They're only hurting themselves.
2. Bulls offer isn't that good. Thomas is a bust who would just be a back up to Landry, and Salmons/Miller are reserve players or starters on a bad team.
4. Jefferies expires in 2011...Knicks need to stop obsessing over the 2010 plan and realize they have a lot more years to throw everything way for a player they may not even get.

NBA needs the Knicks...enough of this madness...can we get a GM who knows what he's doing?

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 11:53 PM
If that 2012 pick from the Knicks is unprotected or top three protected that's too intriguing of a deal to pass up...

Slimsim
02-16-2010, 11:57 PM
They going to accept the Bulls Offer.

AddiX
02-17-2010, 12:00 AM

I don't have the stomach to wait for anymore "prospects" or to wait any further down the future for a team that I can actually watch.

I'm all for the 2010 plans. Fact is this is a buyers market, and were desperate to sell. When it's all said and done if we land 2 Max next year it's all worth it. It doesnt even have to be Bron.

Lo Porto
02-17-2010, 12:01 AM
The Knicks are idiots if they include Hill AND that 2012 2nd just to get rid of Jeffries' $7 million for next year. So stupid....

frankp
02-17-2010, 12:01 AM
ok so if the other rumor is legit of bosh for deng and noah that would be wild

pg rose
sg tmac
sf ?
pf bosh
c?

so therfore one rumor is likely false if not we would be screwed most likely the bosh rumor is very ******* false

koreancabbage
02-17-2010, 12:06 AM
ok so if the other rumor is legit of bosh for deng and noah that would be wild

pg rose
sg tmac
sf ?
pf bosh
c?

so therfore one rumor is likely false if not we would be screwed most likely the bosh rumor is very ******* false

ROFL, that deal is not legit. BC is not trading Bosh this year and why would he? it's going to happen ROFL

it was from a blog or something and a very unreliable source. so get over it. not going to happen

Lo Porto
02-17-2010, 12:07 AM
I hope the Bulls miss out and then trade Deng and Taj to the Jazz for Boozer and Korver.

HouRealCoach
02-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Take the Bulls

Kyben36
02-17-2010, 12:11 AM
I dont like it for the bulls, we would still need a big man,

the only bigs left on that roster are Noah Taj ( the only real 2 worth playing ) Richard and Jorome James

Not good enough for me.

Kyben36
02-17-2010, 12:12 AM
I hope the Bulls miss out and then trade Deng and Taj to the Jazz for Boozer and Korver.

we can only hope that would give us alot more than what we have

Boozer and Korver fit well with what we are trying to do

phlp_bj
02-17-2010, 12:13 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/02/16/knicks.mcgrady/index.html

Diggy_2
02-17-2010, 12:20 AM
bulls deal is way better IMO but dont get me wrong the knicks deal is still ok

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
I really hope T-Mac plays well wherever he goes and proves all the doubters wrong...

For his career I think the Bulls would be better, because he could continue to work on his knee with Tim Grover for the rest of the season. He'd be the first option in New York though, and i'd love to see him in an uptempo offense.

Stunner
02-17-2010, 12:28 AM
I dont like it for the bulls, we would still need a big man,

the only bigs left on that roster are Noah Taj ( the only real 2 worth playing ) Richard and Jorome James

Not good enough for me.

I think we would get Dorsey back in the deal as well to make salary match.

grega1976
02-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Mannix is reporting that TMac is going to NY

Stunner
02-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Mannix is reporting that TMac is going to NY

that was from ealier this mouring, I think the Rockets would want to have some cap room so they can get some players in free agency next year. I really dont believe they want to take on Jefferies big contract.

fadedmario
02-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Sounds like it will be the Knicks at this point

Driven
02-17-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't get why people think the Bulls deal is better for the Rockets. Clearly the Knicks deal is better long term.

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 01:12 AM
that was from ealier this mouring, I think the Rockets would want to have some cap room so they can get some players in free agency next year. I really dont believe they want to take on Jefferies big contract.

Jordan Hill and a 2012 first rounder (depending on it's protection) is better than the Bulls offer.

John Salmons is too similar to Trevor Ariza, Brad Miller will provide a half decent center rental for the rest of the year and i'm not sure if the Rockets pick up Tyrus' option.

Denver-boy
02-17-2010, 01:12 AM
id love to T-Mac in a bulls jersey, shoot if he has any chance of being his old self, it will on the bulls, Newyork will end his Career, sad but true dat.

NBA-GMaster
02-17-2010, 01:15 AM
Its obvious that knicks trade > than Bulls trade!! Getting hill and a draft pick in 2012..

But i want to see tmac in bulls uniform..
If only the bulls throw in their 1rd draft pick.. Hmm..

#1jetsfan
02-17-2010, 01:17 AM
What is Donnie doing!? No 1st round pick in 2010, swap with the Rockets 2011 and no 2012 pick! Its pretty clear that both deals favor the Rockets though.

Stunner
02-17-2010, 01:20 AM
F da Knicks they will really kill T-Mac up there i want T-Mac in chicago so he can put up 21 a game, and the Bulls deal gives them better cap space to do things in 2010.

kblo247
02-17-2010, 01:20 AM
^^ Nothing personal bro, but **** the Bulls I want them to not be able to get a deal and have to eat Ammo and Sasha for a chance at 1 max free agent for Hinrich :)

What is Donnie doing!? No 1st round pick in 2010, swap with the Rockets 2011 and no 2012 pick! Its pretty clear that both deals favor the Rockets though.

- Instant Cap Space
- Selling the image of T-Mac's return to stardom
- Possibly getting T-Mac at the MLE price if all goes well

Is all much greater than giving up a pick in the grand scheme of things. If you want to win, you need to give up on the crutch that lotto picks have been for the Knicks the past decade

Stunner
02-17-2010, 01:22 AM
^^ Nothing personal bro, but **** the Bulls I want them to not be able to get a deal and have to eat Ammo and Sasha for a chance at 1 max free agent for Hinrich :)

- Instant Cap Space
- Selling the image of T-Mac's return to stardom
- Possibly getting T-Mac at the MLE price if all goes well

Is all much greater than giving up a pick in the grand scheme of things. If you want to win, you need to give up on the crutch that lotto picks have been for the Knicks the past decade

We would still trade u Kirk.

NBA-GMaster
02-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Its obvious that knicks offer is greater than Bulls offer!! Getting hill and a draft pick in 2012..

But i want to see tmac in bulls uniform..
If only the bulls throw in their 1rd draft pick.. Hmm..

Quikdraw
02-17-2010, 01:33 AM
I think Chicago is the favorite to land T-Mac.

knicks09
02-17-2010, 01:35 AM
F da Knicks they will really kill T-Mac up there i want T-Mac in chicago so he can put up 21 a game, and the Bulls deal gives them better cap space to do things in 2010.
Somebodys being a huge homer.........

TEXASTITAN
02-17-2010, 01:39 AM
With our front office those future first round picks mineswell be gold....Id say take the knicks deal but wait till the 11th hour to see if they do it without shipping jeffries over here.

Don Starks
02-17-2010, 01:41 AM
to all my fellow knick fans who are complaining about losing draft picks, just stop. the knicks have always been terrible at drafting and of the few commodoties we do have through the draft two of them were late first round picks (Lee and chandler). we are better off building through free agency then through the draft plain and simple.

TEXASTITAN
02-17-2010, 01:45 AM
The really sad part of all of this are the bulls and knicks fans that are hoping tmac can actually help their team and turn things around. It ain't happening he will spend more time on the bench hurt than playing the rest of the season you can bet on that. The knicks know the reality of the situation i think the bulls are actually trying to trade for tmac for a playoff run thats absolutely hilarious. I mean i know h town is a ways from chicago but haven't you boys heard tmac don't get past the 1st round come playoff time and that's if he ain't sitting his lazy @$$ on the bench or or chillin in darfur.

dominater6192
02-17-2010, 01:45 AM
The Knicks should just save their picks and wait to sign T-Mac in the offseason,he'll be the only (former) All-star desperate enough to sign there.

Stunner
02-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Somebodys being a huge homer.........

no im not im speaking facts plus u guys wont make the playoffs, If T-Mac will have a better chance showing the world in the playoffs that he is back to form with the Bulls thus making his market value better in the offseason. Plus we want his huge contract. Plus i really think nobody gonna go to New York next year maybe, Bosh,Amare, or Boozer, but i think the only real person that will go there is Rudy Gay.

Don Starks
02-17-2010, 01:49 AM
to all my fellow knick fans who are complaining about losing draft picks, just stop. the knicks have always been terrible at drafting and of the few commodoties we do have through the draft two of them were late first round picks (Lee and chandler). we are better off building through free agency then through the draft plain and simple.

knicks09
02-17-2010, 01:53 AM
no im not im speaking facts plus u guys wont make the playoffs, If T-Mac will have a better chance showing the world in the playoffs that he is back to form with the Bulls thus making his market value better in the offseason. Plus we want his huge contract. Plus i really think nobody gonna go to New York next year maybe, Bosh,Amare, or Boozer, but i think the only real person that will go there is Rudy Gay.

You act like Tracy McGrady is the same 25 year old all-star he used to be. T-Mac is not gonna average plus 20 a game and dominate like he used to. Also how is saying "Fck the knicks, T-mac will average 22 points per game in Chicago" a fact ??

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 01:54 AM

The only problem with your plan is tmac being back to form.

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 01:54 AM
You act like Tracy McGrady is the same 25 year old all-star he used to be. T-Mac is not gonna average plus 20 a game and dominate like he used to. Also how is saying "Fck the knicks, T-mac will average 22 points per game in Chicago" a fact ??

Lol very well said.

Ragun
02-17-2010, 01:55 AM
not sure what the rockets are exactly doing because they can have the cap space to sign a big free agent this summer.

Stunner
02-17-2010, 01:55 AM
Im one of the few fans that have faith in T-Mac and i will stand by it.

dominater6192
02-17-2010, 01:56 AM
The really sad part of all of this are the bulls and knicks fans that are hoping tmac can actually help their team and turn things around. It ain't happening he will spend more time on the bench hurt than playing the rest of the season you can bet on that. The knicks know the reality of the situation i think the bulls are actually trying to trade for tmac for a playoff run thats absolutely hilarious. I mean i know h town is a ways from chicago but haven't you boys heard tmac don't get past the 1st round come playoff time and that's if he ain't sitting his lazy @$$ on the bench or or chillin in darfur.
:facepalm:Wow this is a classic example of an oblivious sports fan trying to sound smart. If you know anything about the Bulls which I doubt you do, they have to move either Salmons or Hinrichs contract in order to be able to offer a max contract to a free agent this off season. They have no interest whatsoever in T-Macs services; he probably would'nt even start over Kirk. So just stop talking.

Don Starks
02-17-2010, 01:59 AM
:facepalm:Wow this is a classic example of an oblivious sports fan trying to sound smart. If you know anything about the Bulls which I doubt you do, they have to move either Salmons or Hinrichs contract in order to be able to offer a max contract to a free agent this off season. They have no interest whatsoever in T-Macs services; he probably would'nt even start over Kirk. So just stop talking.

dont act like that poster doesnt know anything about sports just cause he doesnt know the intricacies of the chicago bulls projected cap space next year. the guy made a valid point. and just to add, if the bulls have no interest in t-macs services why would they be trying so hard to put a deal together for him? to gain another couple mill for a max? not buying it. dont they already have like 14 mill available for next season? so wouldnt that amount of money along with a playoff team be enough to attract a real player? the bulls want t-mac for his services as well as his contract, cause if he wouldnt start over kirk as you claim, the bulls wouldnt make that trade.

knicks09
02-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Im one of the few fans that have faith in T-Mac and i will stand by it.

ok that's understandable. But I'm pretty sure saying "Fck the Knicks, T-Mac will be a star in Chicago and he will suck in NY" is being a huge homer.

Stunner
dont act like that poster doesnt know anything about sports just cause he doesnt know the intricacies of the chicago bulls projected cap space next year. the guy made a valid point.

Not really us Bulls fans knw we are not a title team this year and are looking towards the future, dis year for us is all about cap room, draft, and trade for a star player if available.

wileyisTOFU
not sure what the rockets are exactly doing because they can have the cap space to sign a big free agent this summer.

no we dont.:mad:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457354

cantstopthee
02-17-2010, 02:02 AM
idn what bulls fans are talking about, but knicks clearly have the better offer,lets see who wins...

Stunner
ok that's understandable. But I'm pretty sure saying "Fck the Knicks, T-Mac will be a star in Chicago and he will suck in NY" is being a huge homer.

sorry man its the rival in me talking and the trade deadline got me going :crazy:

HOZ THE KNICK
he will be a knick it's official according to si.com

knicks09
02-17-2010, 02:04 AM
sorry man its the rival in me talking and the trade deadline got me going :crazy:

lol it's all good. I'm mad hyped up too about this

29$JerZ
02-17-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm sad our 2012 pick and Hill will go before we even see what each is capable of gving us down the line. But no Jared/Larry means :dance:

Stunner
02-17-2010, 02:06 AM
lol it's all good. I'm mad hyped up too about this

Should have saw me ealier when Minny turned down the Bulls deal.

Ragun
02-17-2010, 02:07 AM
no we dont.:mad:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457354

o k k thx. then they should take the knicks offer. cause they get a contract that runs through next season in both trades. they have to resign scola to which will cost em at least 6-7 mill.

IversonIsKrazy
02-17-2010, 02:07 AM
What even is the Bulls offer? Is it Miller + Salmons? If so, then we should trade TYrus for Harrington :)

Stunner
02-17-2010, 02:08 AM
o k k thx. then they should take the knicks offer. cause they get a contract that runs through next season in both trades. they have to resign scola to which will cost em at least 6-7 mill.

plus Salmons has a player option in his contract i think he will opt out.

Legitimate
imo tmac is goin to prove the nba wrong and really light it up with(bulls or knicks)!!!!!

Don Starks
What even is the Bulls offer? Is it Miller + Salmons? If so, then we should trade TYrus for Harrington :)

x2, thomas would be a great replacement for what the knicks lost in hill.

Stunner
02-17-2010, 02:09 AM
imo tmac is goin to prove the nba wrong and really light it up with(bulls or knicks)!!!!!

thats what i think 2

Ssshbliblibl00p
02-17-2010, 02:10 AM

What bogey haze are you smoking, this trade needs to go down. Great for the knicks, gets rid of trash, puts us in position to be players in the biggest free agent summer in recent memory with cap space to burn...on top of that we're still gonna be players in summer 2011. We're gonna get some impact players period. Get it done!

Stunner
02-17-2010, 02:15 AM
Tweet A good source of mine has just informed me , Tracy McGrady and his close support group are preparing for a trade to Chicago. The source says it's not a done deal but "likely" to the Bulls. Stay tuned...

Randy Mcclvoy is a sports anchor directly from houston

One of the Bulls members posted this in our forum. Any Houston fans knw of this Randy Mcclvoy guy?

Ragun
02-17-2010, 02:18 AM
another site says the knicks

Stunner
02-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Here is the link

http://twitter.com/RandyMcIlVoy

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 02:19 AM
lol no one will know until tomorrow everything you hear until then is just BS but the bulls will prob get the trade imo just because the knicks are cursed.

knicks09
02-17-2010, 02:28 AM
The Knicks and Rockets are reportedly finalizing a trade to send Tracy McGrady to New York.

The Knicks have agreed to give the Rockets the right to swap first-round picks in 2011 and the Knicks will send the Rockets their 2012 first-round pick. Details on protections attached to the two picks is the sole issue remaining to be resolved.

http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/64758/20100216/t_mac_to_new_york_almost_finalized/#ixzz0flnQ5jeD

NYKnicks4511
02-17-2010, 02:28 AM
You guys [Rockets] aren't going to win the Championship this year by adding Tyrus Thomas, John Salmons, and Brad Miller.

Houston's best bet is to build for the future (next 2 seasons), because if all goes well (meaning my Knicks suck gigantic cocker spaniels again), you could very well be picking in the Top 5.

Jordan Hill could 'get it' playing under Rick Adelman whereas D'Antoni can't develop talent for sh-- . Al Harrington could be a nice addition, especially since Adelman will get him to stop chucking up shots. Hughes still plays good D when he wants to.

Finally, Jared Jeffries. He's not a horrible player. He's just below average, with a god awful contract which denotes him as 'the worst player in the NBA' (which rightfully belongs to Christopher Nicholas Duhon BTW) in the eyes of many basketball and Knick fans alike.

On a contender JJ2 could be a nice help defender and player, and he just might even hit the occasional three (but nothing else).

I'm not a huge proponent of the deal from a NY standpoint, but as long as I can get excited for a Knicks game because of Tracy McGrady and not illicit substances, I'm all for it.

Stunner
02-17-2010, 02:34 AM
Houston -- Tracy McGrady has been back in Houston this week working out , relaxing and waiting for a decision . Will he remain in H-Town or ship out to the Eastern Conference? A source close to McGrady told KPRC Local 2 tonight they consider it "likely" he will be dealt to the Bulls. The Rockets organization is not commenting.
SI.com 's Chris Mannix is reporting tonight more details on the Rockets-Knicks trade talks involving Tracy McGrady. Mannix says it'll be McGrady to NY for Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries...along with swapping draft picks and NY sending Houston it's 2012 1st Round pick.

A league source close to the discussions confirmed with KPRC Local 2 Sports Tuesday that the information is "mostly accurate" regarding a potential deal with the Knicks .

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/22586287/detail.html

xabial
02-17-2010, 02:36 AM
You guys [Rockets] aren't going to win the Championship this year by adding Tyrus Thomas, John Salmons, and Brad Miller.

Houston's best bet is to build for the future (next 2 seasons), because if all goes well (meaning my Knicks suck gigantic cocker spaniels again), you could very well be picking in the Top 5.

Jordan Hill could 'get it' playing under Rick Adelman whereas D'Antoni can't develop talent for sh-- . Al Harrington could be a nice addition, especially since Adelman will get him to stop chucking up shots. Hughes still plays good D when he wants to.

Finally, Jared Jeffries. He's not a horrible player. He's just below average, with a god awful contract which denotes him as 'the worst player in the NBA' (which rightfully belongs to Christopher Nicholas Duhon BTW) in the eyes of many basketball and Knick fans alike.
On a contender JJ2 could be a nice help defender and player, and he just might even hit the occasional three (but nothing else).

I'm not a huge proponent of the deal from a NY standpoint, but as long as I can get excited for a Knicks game because of Tracy McGrady and not illicit substances, I'm all for it.

You hate Chris Duhon Too? Welcome to the Nation :clap:
Btw, all valid Points Could'nt have said it any better myself

LA_Raiders
02-17-2010, 02:44 AM
TMc will go to NY... Better deal, Chi just giving average players that Hou dont need now anyway...

Tulanehockey
02-17-2010, 02:46 AM
LOL technically, TMAC will be traded to NY regardless of whether he is a Bull or Knick....

boriquaabe
02-17-2010, 02:54 AM

Jordan Hill could 'get it' playing under Rick Adelman whereasD'Antoni can't develop talent for sh--. Al Harrington could be a nice addition, especially since Adelman will get him to stop chucking up shots. Hughes still plays good D when he wants to.

Come on gents why didn't anyone call BS on this comment.

Barbosa,Joe Johnson, James Jones and Amare all flourished under D'antoni and all were Young talent.

boriquaabe
02-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Is there any chance Toney Douglas and Jordan Hill just stink no matter what D'Antoni does???

dominater6192
02-17-2010, 03:25 AM
dont act like that poster doesnt know anything about sports just cause he doesnt know the intricacies of the chicago bulls projected cap space next year. the guy made a valid point. and just to add, if the bulls have no interest in t-macs services why would they be trying so hard to put a deal together for him? to gain another couple mill for a max? not buying it. dont they already have like 14 mill available for next season? so wouldnt that amount of money along with a playoff team be enough to attract a real player? the bulls want t-mac for his services as well as his contract, cause if he wouldnt start over kirk as you claim, the bulls wouldnt make that trade.
First of all the guy did'nt make a valid point he tried taking a cheap shot at the Bulls one that I simply said was wrong.
Secondly the Bulls are trying so hard because their bidding against New York. Chicago, New York, New Jersey, and Miami. Are the ones one with the most cap room competing for the premier FA's. If Knicks get McGrady then they have 7 million dollars more to spend. NY hopes to be able to lure two FA's there and that is only possible if they get rid of Jeffries contract. IF the Bulls can prevent Ny from doing that then, Ny loses much of its' luster having a broken down roster and only being able to offer one max. Not to mention that would be one more possible free agent Chicago could sign.
The Bulls have 12- 15 million cap space to work it for 2010 depending on how much cap drops. But you do know that is'nt enough for a max right? It may seem like only a few million but the six million under cap BUlls gain in 2010 from this trade will determine whether their able to bid on likes of Amare or Bosh or have to settle for a Rudy Gay or David Lee. The BUlls whole plan since last year's deadline was 2010 that is why they let Gordon walk. You can say that they have interest in McGrady's services but that would be a lie. Could he help the BUlls? Sure. They're one of worst shooting teams in NBA especially form beyond the arc. But are the acquiring him for his services? NO he is a 22 million expiring and that is all BUlls care about.

sp1derm00
02-17-2010, 03:40 AM
I hope Tmac goes to the Bulls. It will be fun to watch Rose and Tmac playing together, could be great chemistry if Tmac got his stroke back.

abe_froman
02-17-2010, 03:41 AM
I hope Tmac goes to the Bulls. It will be fun to watch Rose and Tmac playing together, could be great chemistry if Tmac got his stroke back.

if tmac is in shape i agree i think it would be fun to watch

Bullsfan22
02-17-2010, 03:47 AM
He's going to the knicks because i want him on the bulls.

NJrockPD
02-17-2010, 04:14 AM
He's going to the knicks because i want him on the bulls.

Exactly what I was thinking.

D-Amazins
02-17-2010, 04:23 AM
I personally think T-Mac wants to go to the Bulls because he's already been there pretty much most of the past year working out. But I think the Rockets will be moving him to NY.

If he does indeed come to NY, Im going to his first home game && buying that jersey FOR SURE.

D1JM
02-17-2010, 04:41 AM
I personally think T-Mac wants to go to the Bulls because he's already been there pretty much most of the past year working out. But I think the Rockets will be moving him to NY.

If he does indeed come to NY, Im going to his first home game && buying that jersey FOR SURE.

X2. His trainer is in Chicago so it would be easier for him. Plus he most likely saw the game today and probably saw which team has a better future.

Bullsfan22
02-17-2010, 04:48 AM
I think im just going to go ahead and sleep

Philly Hammer
02-17-2010, 05:15 AM
imo Houston should just keep Tmac with the garbage chi/ny are offering them

$ NyC $
02-17-2010, 06:10 AM
He's better off in NY. The Chi deal may look a little better now but i think the NY one is better 4 their future. In NY T-Mac can be the man and play 4 his next contract, as for the Bulls, we all know that's D-Roses team.

Iron24th
02-17-2010, 06:37 AM

I think they'll take the bulls one,Adelman loves Miller.

ChaseMe
02-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Bosh and Noah, duh.

LOL ya ok there

Ray_R
02-17-2010, 08:47 AM
We would still trade u Kirk.

I think were better off trading Kirk to the celtics for ray allen

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 09:06 AM

Sure hope so.

Cubsfan365
02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Should be interesting with the Bulls and Knicks playing against each other again tonight

ROCKETMAN34
02-17-2010, 09:54 AM
At this point and time I just want T-Mac out of here. I will be a happy when the deadline gets here. Both deals are not very good for the players that are being included on the trades. I wish Miller was a little younger. But he did have a great game in Houston last month. Looked like he was back in SK days. But he would be a nice backup to Yao. Oh well have to see what happens. Good Luck to all out there!

Jay22Redd
02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Should be interesting with the Bulls and Knicks playing against each other again tonight

Really!? Somebody is going to be disappointed and want revenge. Kinda like last night. :D

But I dont really care what team he goes to. I'd just like to see him play again to see if he still has it. In NYK, he could be the first option and we can really see if he has it left. In Chi-Town, Rose could help him so that he doesnt have much pressure on him to be so good. Especially the way Rose has been playing lately.

All I know is that Morey is in the drivers seat and I hope he makes the right decision to help our team to be a contender in a year or two.

JNA17
02-17-2010, 10:34 AM
I think were better off trading Kirk to the celtics for ray allen

celtics would not do that lol

MJ-BULLS
02-17-2010, 10:37 AM

hope your right, since they used to be together in Sacramento.

BigWheel12
02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
What exactly are the two proposed deals for Mcgrady?

Draco
02-17-2010, 10:53 AM
What exactly are the two proposed deals for Mcgrady?

1. Brad Miller, Tyrus Thomas and either Kirk Hinrich or John Salmons to the Rockets for McGrady
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0217-bulls-knicks-chicago-20100216,0,4751731.story

2. McGrady to NY for Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries...along with swapping draft picks and NY sending Houston it's 2012 1st Round pick... Some final details are being worked out involving the draft picks.
http://www.click2houston.com/sports/22586287/detail.html

Raidaz4Life
02-17-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't get why people think the Bulls deal is better for the Rockets. Clearly the Knicks deal is better long term.

Thats what I was thinking, I would EASILY take the Knicks offer.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Knicks have to be taking one of the biggest gambles ever in professional sports on this one with all the draft picks stuff included, on top of not even having a 1st round pick this summer.

JOSKOMANG4
02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
I think the Knicks should....

1) Trade to Houston

- Trade C) Curry, PF) Hill, SG Larry Hughes, and 2012 1st rd pick for T-Mac

2) Trade to Boston

- Trade PF/SF J.Jefferies, PG N.Robinson, & Contract of cuttino mobley for SG Ray Allen

Knicks Lineup:

C) Lee/C.Hayes/D.Milicic
PF) Al Harrington/ Landry
SF) T-Mac/D.Gallanari
SG) R.Allen/W.Chandler/JR Giddens
PG) C.Duhon/T.Douglass

Knicks Benefit: Just acquire 45 million in expiring contracts, not to mention releasing the contracts of Jared Jefferies(6.5) & E.Curry(10 mill) next season. Maybe a longshot BUT b/c they play in the weak eastern conference where a team which is 26-28 is in 7th place in the conference, they might have an opportunity for a playoff push with veterans such as T-Mac & Ray Allen.

Rockets Benefit: Acquire a big man in Curry who Adelman can work with. Curry can be what Adelman had with C-Webber in Sac-town. They also acquire J.Hill who contribute largely off the bench next season, not to mention with expiring contracts next season to Houston, might be their starting PF. Also over 13 million with the acquisition of Hughes coming off the books after the season.

Celtics; Acquire the Young combo guard they have longed for in Robinson. They also acquire a versatile forward in Jared Jefferies who can provide leadership, as well as scoring, off the bench for Boston. 9.5 millino off the books next season with mobley's contract.

pacofunk64
02-17-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't get why either team would want him that bad.

mser58
02-17-2010, 11:29 AM
this has to be the Bulls deal, that is just pretty for both sides

Stunner
02-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:

Pierzynski4Prez
02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
I think the Knicks should....

1) Trade to Houston

- Trade C) Curry, PF) Hill, SG Larry Hughes, and 2012 1st rd pick for T-Mac

2) Trade to Boston

- Trade PF/SF J.Jefferies, PG N.Robinson, & Contract of cuttino mobley for SG Ray Allen

Knicks Lineup:

C) Lee/C.Hayes/D.Milicic
PF) Al Harrington/ Landry
SF) T-Mac/D.Gallanari
SG) R.Allen/W.Chandler/JR Giddens
PG) C.Duhon/T.Douglass

Knicks Benefit: Just acquire 45 million in expiring contracts, not to mention releasing the contracts of Jared Jefferies(6.5) & E.Curry(10 mill) next season. Maybe a longshot BUT b/c they play in the weak eastern conference where a team which is 26-28 is in 7th place in the conference, they might have an opportunity for a playoff push with veterans such as T-Mac & Ray Allen.

Rockets Benefit: Acquire a big man in Curry who Adelman can work with. Curry can be what Adelman had with C-Webber in Sac-town. They also acquire J.Hill who contribute largely off the bench next season, not to mention with expiring contracts next season to Houston, might be their starting PF. Also over 13 million with the acquisition of Hughes coming off the books after the season.

Celtics; Acquire the Young combo guard they have longed for in Robinson. They also acquire a versatile forward in Jared Jefferies who can provide leadership, as well as scoring, off the bench for Boston. 9.5 millino off the books next season with mobley's contract.

If only I had a dollar for every time you thought that some team will magically take Eddy Curry off your hands. Get over it. Nobody will take him. You are lucky to even be having Jeffries involved in a discussion. NOBODY wants to pay a guy like 10 million next year that doesn't even play. The NBA is not out to help the Knicks. You guys have to give up a 1st rounder, and swap another 1st rounder just to shed Jeffries, who actually plays decent minutes. Imagine how many picks you will have to surrender to have someone take Curry. Probably through 2015.

Also, 26-26 is the record of the 8th place playoff team in the east right now.

Cool007
02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't get why either team would want him that bad.

Simple. Cap Space.

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A2KIRy_zIXxLtRgBkRAQmNIF?slug=ys-mcgradyrockets021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

“I’m ready to play for whoever,” McGrady said in an email Tuesday night.

The Bulls’ package for McGrady includes Tyrus Thomas, Brad Miller and either John Salmons or Kirk Hinrich. Chicago has tried to attach Salmons to packages involving Thomas, which has tempered the demand for him.

AK-50
02-17-2010, 01:18 PM
T-Mac is going to the Bulls the last time the knicks were favored to get somebody was iverson...we all know how that worked out

Jay22Redd
02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A2KIRy_zIXxLtRgBkRAQmNIF?slug=ys-mcgradyrockets021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I'd just like to see him play again. I hope he still has it. Wouldnt be good for any player to go out the wrong way ala mutombo. Im just ready to here him talk bad about the Rox and get it over with.

Jay22Redd
02-17-2010, 01:26 PM
just an educated guess, but if Boston were willing to trade a No. 1 pick for Nate, it would blunt the pain of New York's surrendering a first-rounder or two to the Rockets in a McGrady deal. On a related note, three plugged-in sources indicated the Knicks seemed eager to get their business done Wednesday rather than wait until the 11th hour Thursday afternoon. ESPN.com

If the HOU/NYK goes down, NYK has to do the trade with Boston to get a first round pick.

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Link (http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/02/jazz_104_rockets_95_rockets_fa.html)

The offers are remarkably similar.

A young, frontcourt talent. A short-term help. A contract that has to come back to make the deal work. And comparable draft picks.

To me, the choice is clear.

Take the Chicago deal.

Jordan Hill is tempting. He has obvious potential. Don't make too much of him not playing as a Knicks rookie. That happens sometimes, particularly when a team's best player (David Lee) plays the same position. He is very unpolished and might never pan out, but he has gifts. He could be special, too.

The same can be said of Tyrus Thomas. He does at times see to think of himself a player that has accomplished much more than he has, but there are times he can be spectacular, with a chance to give the Rockets the front-court athleticism they lack, and sooner than Hill can.

Brad Miller, however, can help right away. He can run the Rockets' offense the day he gets here, and is still tight with the Rockets' coaches. He might even come back at a bargain price.

A person familiar with the talks said tonight that the deals are structured the same, indicating that John Salmons could be the piece from Chicago to slide into the Jared Jeffries slot. Salmons has not had a great year, but he is an offensive guard, and it is pretty clear that the Rockets could use one of those, too.

The priority might be on long-term, but the offers could be pretty close, a matter of predicting the future of the young forwards, when it comes to the long-term. This season, the Chicago players would seem to offer much more needed help. The season is fading fast. Nothing wrong with bolstering the short-term, too. The Rockets certainly can use the help.

They are good deals. The Rockets can't get the difference-making shooting guard they wanted. They wanted someone that could be the No. 2 player on a championship-caliber team. Unable to get that, they also wanted athleticism they lack. They need to get back over the rim again, someone that can run with Kyle Lowry, play pick-and-roll with Aaron Brooks and finish both with slams.

They can get that in these deals. With the Chicago deal, they can get even more. At least until every detail is clear, that's the pick here

Stunner
02-17-2010, 01:37 PM
T-Mac is going to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oak2455
02-17-2010, 01:39 PM
T-Mac is going to the Bulls the last time the knicks were favored to get somebody was iverson...we all know how that worked out

good point:confused:

Jetsguy
02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
T-Mac is going to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is that fact or opinion?

JNaqvi23
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
is that fact or opinion?

Everything is an opinion until it actually goes down...TMAC TO CHICAGO!!!! :clap:

oak2455
02-17-2010, 01:55 PM
is that fact or opinion?

Dont worry coming to the Knicks:D

jojoe1188
02-17-2010, 01:58 PM
bestiality FTL

lolz

AK-50
02-17-2010, 01:59 PM
good point:confused:

dont believe me wait till he puts on that bulls uni

oak2455
02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
dont believe me wait till he puts on that bulls uni

The Knicks didnt want AI did u read the papers:confused:

Stunner
02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
is that fact or opinion?

take it how u want but u knw which way im going.

Southsideheat
02-17-2010, 02:06 PM
t-mac to bulls is close

http://twitter.com/RandyMcIlvoy/status/9220660173

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Dont listen to anything cause i heard on the radio some guy from cbs sports say the knicks lead then 5 seconds later read something about chicago leading.

abe_froman
02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Dont listen to anything cause i heard on the radio some guy from cbs sports say the knicks lead then 5 seconds later read something about chicago leading.

in other words,no one knows wtf is going on(as per usual during this time of year)

...which why i always wait til the dust settles before celebrating

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 02:17 PM
in other words,no one knows wtf is going on(as per usual during this time of year)

...which why i always wait til the dust settles before celebrating

Yep just got to sit and wait.

oak2455
02-17-2010, 02:19 PM
t-mac to bulls is close

http://twitter.com/RandyMcIlvoy/status/9220660173

Looks like the local weather guy:D

GoNY
02-17-2010, 02:22 PM
imo Houston should just keep Tmac with the garbage chi/ny are offering them

LOL wut?

A 2009 lottery pick + the option to swap 1st rd. picks in 2011 + a 2012 first round pick is garbage for a guy who has barely played in the past two years? Just stop. And taking on Jeffries isn't that big of a deal since it's only one year and Houston wasn't going to be players this summer anyway. I hope the Knicks bag this deal. We are getting the shaft.

JNaqvi23
02-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Looks like the local weather guy:D

more like the guy who flies the helicopter while they are doing th traffic reports

AK-50
02-17-2010, 02:25 PM
The Knicks didnt want AI did u read the papers:confused:

they were the front runners though an di bet he didnt wanna play there thats why they said forget it

oak2455
02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
they were the front runners though an di bet he didnt wanna play there thats why they said forget it

ahhhhhh nope:D

AK-50
02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
ahhhhhh nope:D

how do you knwo? do you know iverson and did he tell you? or do you work with the knicks somehow and know something we dont? or are you a fan who thinks teh world of his team and his team only?

JNaqvi23
02-17-2010, 03:00 PM
I wonder when something is gonna go down!!! the suspense is killin me today!! I'm gonna watch LOST to pass my time

AK-50
02-17-2010, 03:02 PM
lol iv been checking every basketball site i can find to see if any news broke out but nothing so far :(

mgsports
02-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Yes we need some Trades today.

Noday
02-17-2010, 03:05 PM
I hope the Bulls dont gut the team for just a little cap space for next year. If they hinder this year it should be with the goal of creating enough space for 2 Max players.

RadiantShot
02-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I see Tracy going to the Bulls.

BaustinSali08
02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Any idea what the time frame would be if the trade happens today? I was thinking in a couple hours. I don't think it would be past 8 tonight, but who knows.

Fanthrwthknthn
02-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Wow there seems to be alot of knick fans here.....seem to be nervous perhaps?

abe_froman
02-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Any idea what the time frame would be if the trade happens today? I was thinking in a couple hours. I don't think it would be past 8 tonight, but who knows.

no,can happen anytime day or night until deadline(except people might try to sleep between now and 2est tomorrow)

Noday
02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Is it gonna happen today or tomorrow? I heard the Rockets were gonna decide tomorrow. ... Check out this trade IDEA. ... http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457503

Tony_Starks
02-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Is it just me or is the Bulls offer way better? As soon as the Knicks said Jeffries I would've hung up the phone!

Fanthrwthknthn
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Is it just me or is the Bulls offer way better? As soon as the Knicks said Jeffries I would've hung up the phone!

HAHA and people said i was crazy for saying the knicks talent on the roster was overrated.

Hyland
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Just because the Knicks failed at drafting before, they should completely give up?

Knicks are also bad at signing free agents.

Should we give that up too?

You're a fool man.

Knicks need their first round picks, period.

lvlheaded
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
This is a terrible trade for the Knicks since their is no guarentee they are gona get 2 max free agents, I dont really care about giving up Jordan Hill because I really didnt like the pick anyway, they should have drafted Brandon Jennings with the first pick and Dajuan Blair with the second. However giving up a first rounder in 2012 for cap space with no guarentee 2 max guys are coming here might be a little extreme

Stunner
02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/

http://twitter.com/alanhahn/status/9246789550

http://dimemag.com/2010/02/breaking-...ded-to-boston/

Looks like the Knicks traded Nate for House and a 2nd round pick. :facepalm: could have gotten a 1st round pick so they could have offered it in the T-Mac deal. Knicks say bye bye to T-Mac, dumb to do it and you dont even have T-Mac on your team yet.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
The Knicks deal is a lot better imo.

But they should just let his contract run out...

oak2455
02-17-2010, 04:24 PM

Looks like the Knicks traded Nate for House and a 2nd round pick. :facepalm: could have gotten a 1st round pick so they could have offered it in the T-Mac deal. Knicks say bye bye to T-Mac, dumb to do it and you dont even have T-Mac on your team yet.

ok I guess you know whats going on:confused:

mgsports
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Chad Ford: The Knicks and Rockets spoke this morning about a potential Tracy McGrady trade. Sources familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com that while the Knicks told the Rockets that they remain interested in acquiring McGrady in a deal for Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries, they are still unwilling to meet all of the Rockets' demands -- cap relief, Jordan Hill, the swapping of 2011 first-round picks and the Knicks' 2012 first-round pick.

"We'd like McGrady and the cap relief," one Knicks source said. "But the Rockets are asking for too much. We're willing to pay a premium to make a deal. But the price right now is still too high."

According to the source, the Rockets are still looking for other partners. The Bulls have been mentioned as a possibility, however, sources believe that the Bulls' offer is less attractive than the Knicks' -- even if the Knicks don't give the Rockets everything they're asking for.

The Knicks also had several other trades brewing on Wednesday. Two sources said that the Celtics and Knicks are in advanced talks about a Nate Robinson-for-Eddie House swap. However, both sources stressed that a deal was not completed yet.

The Timberwolves also inquired about a possible Darko Milicic-for-Brian Cardinal deal. The Knicks might be inclined to pull the trigger (it could save them some cash this year) depending on what happens with the Rockets and Celtics.

lvlheaded
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM

Last I heard they are still the frontrunners, and even if they dont get T-Mac, its not like with him they were gonna make a run at a championship

Young and Stupid
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Hope this deal falls through for the Knicks. I've been selling the majority of my Knicks season tickets, but now I would go to the Garden to watch T-Mac drop 22 a night and see Dantoni ***** when he chucks up a bad shot only to shut up as he watches it fall through the net.

oak2455
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Chad Ford: The Knicks and Rockets spoke this morning about a potential Tracy McGrady trade. Sources familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com that while the Knicks told the Rockets that they remain interested in acquiring McGrady in a deal for Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries, they are still unwilling to meet all of the Rockets' demands -- cap relief, Jordan Hill, the swapping of 2011 first-round picks and the Knicks' 2012 first-round pick.

"We'd like McGrady and the cap relief," one Knicks source said. "But the Rockets are asking for too much. We're willing to pay a premium to make a deal. But the price right now is still too high."

According to the source, the Rockets are still looking for other partners. The Bulls have been mentioned as a possibility, however, sources believe that the Bulls' offer is less attractive than the Knicks' -- even if the Knicks don't give the Rockets everything they're asking for.

The Knicks also had several other trades brewing on Wednesday. Two sources said that the Celtics and Knicks are in advanced talks about a Nate Robinson-for-Eddie House swap. However, both sources stressed that a deal was not completed yet.

The Timberwolves also inquired about a possible Darko Milicic-for-Brian Cardinal deal. The Knicks might be inclined to pull the trigger (it could save them some cash this year) depending on what happens with the Rockets and Celtics.

Wow and listen to what everyone is saying in here:eyebrow:

oak2455
02-17-2010, 04:30 PM

Besides Twitter link what other links you posted work:p

Cool007
02-17-2010, 04:39 PM

How's Bulls offer is LESS attractive???

If Knicks are not giving up those picks and/or Hill then Bulls offer is EASILY better than Knicks.

Miller + Salmons + James is better than Hughes + Jefferies + whatever.

Miller can play and something that Houston REALLY needs - a center.
Salmons is a better player than any of those and his contract Expires (opts out) or expires next year and he doesn't have a trade kicker like Jefferies and his contract is longer and larger.

Does not make sense.

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Miller is not a fit for Houston, they like tough players, Salmons is a good player though

Cubsfan365
02-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Do you realize how many sources there are for both teams saying one is in the lead. Just because one opinion says Knicks' is more attractive doesn't mean it is.

oak2455
How's Bulls offer is LESS attractive???

If Knicks are not giving up those picks and/or Hill then Bulls offer is EASILY better than Knicks.

Miller + Salmons + James is better than Hughes + Jefferies + whatever.

Miller can play and something that Houston REALLY needs - a center.
Salmons is a better player than any of those and his contract Expires (opts out) or expires next year and he doesn't have a trade kicker like Jefferies and his contract is longer and larger.

Does not make sense.

Add Pippen:D

Cubsfan365
Miller is not a fit for Houston, they like tough players, Salmons is a good player though
I believe Brad Miller started for Adelman in Sacramento. :facepalm:

oak2455
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Do you realize how many sources there are for both teams saying one is in the lead. Just because one opinion says Knicks' is more attractive doesn't mean it is.

wow another Bulls fan:eyebrow:

lvlheaded
02-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Ric Bucher was interviewed and said the Bulls have dropped out of the McGrady running because the Rockets wanted a 1st round pick...apparently now the Knicks are standing pat that the 2012 pick should be lottery protected...interested to see what happens

Cubsfan365
02-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Ric Bucher was interviewed and said the Bulls have dropped out of the McGrady running because the Rockets wanted a 1st round pick...apparently now the Knicks are standing pat that the 2012 pick should be lottery protected...interested to see what happens
Source?

SteveNash
02-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Rockets would do the Knicks trade in a heartbeat. They should do it no matter what kind of protection is on the 2012 pick, just makes too much sense.

JordansBulls
02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=4921838

"If the Bulls make a trade for him before the trade deadline, on Saturday, the game against Philadelphia, you can put him in a uniform and throw him out there, and he will be extremely effective," Tim Grover, the famed athletic trainer whose clients have included Michael Jordan, said Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000.

Asked if McGrady would welcome a trade to the Bulls, Grover said: "At this point who wouldn't? Chicago is an up and coming team, the market is unbelievable to play at, they have a perennial all-star in Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah alongside who is one of the best power forwards/centers out there and then Luol Deng who has been steady his whole career. I think it's a great fit."

Although the specifics of the Bulls' proposal has not been confirmed, Chicago has multiple expiring contracts to package in a deal for McGrady's own $22.5 million expiring contract. Those assets include Brad Miller, Jerome James' cap-friendly contract and the increasingly coveted Tyrus Thomas, who is being pursued in separate trades by several teams, including New York, San Antonio and Denver.

Grover said there is no doubt that McGrady will be traded, and the team that gets him will have a motivated former superstar.

"He's extremely hungry," Grover said. "He's worked so hard to get to this healthy point. I think he's going to do extremely, extremely well."

Cubsfan365
02-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Rockets would do the Knicks trade in a heartbeat. They should do it no matter what kind of protection is on the 2012 pick, just makes too much sense.
Yeah, Jeffries + Hughes + who knows sounds awesome...:rolleyes:

Stunner
02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Steve Kyler - 02/17/2010 3:28pm EST-

Quote:
ESPN's Chad Ford is reporting that New York may be screwing themselves out of Tracy McGrady deal, saying that New York is only offering Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries as the meat of a deal with Houston and are now unwilling to include Jordan Hill or a substantial draft package. If New York holds the line with Houston, the Rockets may not make a deal for that kind of package. Putting Chicago in the drivers' seat as we originally reported this morning.

lvlheaded
02-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Source?

Trying to find it, my friend heard it on ESPN so take it with a grain of salt for now

oak2455
02-17-2010, 05:15 PM

What:facepalm:

SteveNash
02-17-2010, 05:16 PM

Rentals on 3 crappy players on a Houston team that is going nowhere this year is such a great move. :rolleyes:

Stunner
02-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Latest on TMac: #Knicks give #Rockets draft pick parameters. Rockets no like.

Quote:
The issue of protecting draft picks that would go from the Knicks to the Rockets in a trade for Tracy McGrady loomed large Wednesday as the teams continued negotiating a blockbuster deal involving the former All-Star, CBSSports.com has learned.

The Knicks reported back to the Rockets Wednesday with parameters on the level of protection they'd require on first-round picks that would be included in the deal, and the Rockets were pushing hard for less protection, two people familiar with the talks said. Sources have indicated that once the Rockets received New York's final determination on pick protection, they would choose between offers from the Knicks and Bulls for McGrady, whose $23 million expiring contract is one of the most coveted assets before Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline.

The discussion remained unresolved with 24 hours to go before the deadline, with the Knicks seeking to adequately protect a 2011 first-round pick that Houston would have the option of swapping with New York and a 2012 first-round pick that could go to the Rockets based on where it falls in the draft. The situation remained fluid, with one person familiar with the negotiations saying Houston was "asking for too much," while a second person with a stake in the talks continued to say the Rockets viewed the Knicks' offer as the most favorable they will be able to extract for McGrady.

The Knicks would get a package centered around McGrady in exchange for Jared Jeffries, Larry Hughes, Jordan Hill and the draft pick considerations. Shedding Jeffries, owed $6.9 million in 2010-11, would get the Knicks within striking distance of their stated goal of clearing maximum cap space and flexibility heading into the crucial free-agent class that begins on July 1. The Rockets, who are getting nothing from McGrady this season, would benefit from an approximately $7 million swing in luxury tax payments, but that issue was described by one source as "not material" compared to the pick protection.

Emboldened by the uncertainty surrounding the draft pick issue, the Bulls intensified their research on McGrady late Tuesday night and into Wednesday, a source said. Another person with knowledge of the situation said Chicago did not appear to be having any success recruiting a third team to sweeten its offer. The Bulls do not possess any extra first-round picks, but are believed to have reached out to at least two teams that do -- Minnesota and Memphis.

The Knicks do not have a 2010 first-round pick, having dealt it to Phoenix in the ill-fated Stephon Marbury trade. (Utah now owns the pick.)

The framework of the Bulls' offer is believed to include Brad Miller, Tyrus Thomas, and either Kirk Hinrich or John Salmons -- a combination reported Tuesday night by the Chicago Tribune. If Hinrich were involved, the deal would likely have another player going to Chicago with McGrady; the Bulls are believed to want either Luis Scola or Carl Landry. Much like the Knicks' issue with pick protection, the Bulls' interest in one of those players -- combined with their desire to move either Hinrich or Salmons, both owed significant money next season -- appear to be hurting Chicago's proposal. Hinrich has two years and $17 million remaining, and Salmons is owed $5.8 million next season.

The Rockets find themselves caught up in a four-team vortex as the Knicks, Bulls, Heat, and Nets battle to clear enough cap flexibility to have two max free agents on the roster after the hotly anticipated opt-out bonanza scheduled for July 1. It's a good place to be, because either way Houston will get significant value -- some would say, a premium -- for McGrady, who was banished from the team in December after trying to come back from microfracture knee surgery.

If the Knicks were successful in shedding Jeffries' $6.9 million contract for next season -- along with Hill, their No. 8 pick in 2009, and Hughes -- they'd be within about $2 million of their elusive goal of clearing space for two max free agents this summer. Accounting for "cap holds" for vacant roster spots, the Bulls have about $10 million more committed to the '10-'11 cap than the Knicks before either team makes a trade. If the Knicks complete the McGrady deal as currently constructed, they'd be able to get to the approximately $33 million needed for two straight-up max signings by buying out Eddy Curry's $11.3 million contract for next season. Curry's agent, Leon Rose, also represents the No. 1 potential catch in the 2010 sweepstakes, LeBron James.

Miami still has the edge in that race, largely because the Heat already have one of those potential marquee free agents, Dwyane Wade, happily ensconced in South Beach, and between $18-$20 million in cap space if they make no deadline deals -- more than enough for another max player, using the team's internal projection for a $52 million cap.

Using the same projection, the Nets -- with about $25 million in projected cap space -- also are a trade away from clearing enough room for two max players. Of course, any team that only has the cap room for one max player could still land a second one via the sign-and-trade route.

If they opt out of their contracts June 30, marquee free agents James, Wade, and Chris Bosh would be in line for a first-year salary of $16.6 million on their new deals under the current CBA guidelines

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/20097253

mgsports
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Mike and Brad Miller can help the Rockets.
Thomas/Andersen/Taylor to Wizards get a PF/C and a future Guard
T-Mac/Mike James to Knicks
Brad Miller or Jamison and Mike Miller to Rockets Get a C and another SF/SG
E. Contracts to Bulls

DLeeicious
02-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Mike and Brad Miller can help the Rockets.
Thomas/Andersen/Taylor to Wizards get a PF/C and a future Guard
T-Mac/Mike James to Knicks
Brad Miller or Jamison and Mike Miller to Rockets Get a C and another SF/SG
E. Contracts to Bulls

If I'm understanding you correctly we give up 2 expiring contracts in order to get 1 expiring contract back? Oh and the 2 we give up can actually play and we would probably take back one who can't play. Doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense for the Bulls.

Reddd
02-17-2010, 05:48 PM
I just wanna see T-Mac back on the court, doesn't matter where really,

akagiredsuns
02-17-2010, 05:53 PM
this is gonna be interesting. i think the bulls will get it simply because theres notmany complications with miller james and salmons contracts. the knicks offer seems better cus of the picks but the bulls are matching mcgrady's $22.5M expiring with 3 players who are right about the same. it makes sense for the rockets to do the bulls offer. they get a good veteran center in miller, a decent perimeter shooter in salmons and james expiring. they can get these contracts off the books after this season and choose whether to sign any of them back and still have enough for a max. time will tell.

DLeeicious
02-17-2010, 06:04 PM
this is gonna be interesting. i think the bulls will get it simply because theres notmany complications with miller james and salmons contracts. the knicks offer seems better cus of the picks but the bulls are matching mcgrady's $22.5M expiring with 3 players who are right about the same. it makes sense for the rockets to do the bulls offer. they get a good veteran center in miller, a decent perimeter shooter in salmons and james expiring. they can get these contracts off the books after this season and choose whether to sign any of them back and still have enough for a max. time will tell.

The one issue is with Salmons contract. He has a player option for next season for I think around 5.5 million. So he isn't an expiring contract and if he can't get more money elsewhere he will just exercise his option for next year. So there is a little risk with him but not really too bad.

Meth
02-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Bulls might win this trade over the Knicks, knowing the fact that Bulls have more players that are valuable to offer than the Knicks.

I would say Knicks are desperate. Once teams are desperate, they start giving up high value with less in return.

DieHardColtsfan
02-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Wonder if the Knicks can trade Duhon and Curry to the Bulls just to back off the T-Mac negotiations.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Wonder if the Knicks can trade Duhon and Curry to the Bulls just to back off the T-Mac negotiations.

you mean gallo and chandler

uptownfan
02-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Not sure if this was already posted but I was just watching ESPNNEWS, and according to Bucher T-Mac is either "going to NY or staying in Houston"

mp3
02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
its funny how the knicks fans on here actually think lebron james is gonna sign with the knicks. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mshan5
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
The Knicks are *****ing about giving up their 2012 first rounder, when, in reality, if their ultimate goal pays off and they do end up with two max guys this summer, that pick will be in the late 20's anyway.

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Ric Bucher says tmac will go to the knicks or stay in houston.

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
its funny how the knicks fans on here actually think lebron james is gonna sign with the knicks. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

ldc62
02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Rockets get 2 future 1st rounder? (1 of them being that they are allowed to switch places in 2011). :pray: Lebron or CB4 doesn't go to the Knicks. Imagine if the knicks keep sucking... thats 2 picks in the top 10!

D Roses Bulls
02-17-2010, 06:44 PM

sorry bud, your stuck with them. thank thomas for those deals. i know i sure have a 100 times already

Trouble87
02-17-2010, 06:50 PM
sorry bud, your stuck with them. thank thomas for those deals. i know i sure have a 100 times already

Thomas wasn't around when we signed Duhon

D'Antoni and Walsh brought in Du

Gibby23
02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
I hope Tmac goes to the Knicks. Then the Bulls wouldn't have a Max slot for next year, unless they do the Morrison and Sasha for Kirk. If not that means no chance at any of the top guys and an outside shot at Boozer or overpaying for Tmac in the offseason.

D Roses Bulls
02-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Thomas wasn't around when we signed Duhon

D'Antoni and Walsh brought in Du

i meant with curry, but yes thank you mr walsh for takin duhon off our hands as well and hughes.

D Roses Bulls
02-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I hope Tmac goes to the Knicks. Then the Bulls wouldn't have a Max slot for next year, unless they do the Morrison and Sasha for Kirk. If not that means no chance at any of the top guys and an outside shot at Boozer or overpaying for Tmac in the offseason.

the bulls will find some sort of deal, even if it takes for them to do a sign and trade in the off season.

phoenix_bladen
02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/9254956749

buls are out of the hunt does that mean that the knicks should lowball the rockets offer?

Gibby23
02-17-2010, 07:01 PM
the bulls will find some sort of deal, even if it takes for them to do a sign and trade in the off season.

Sure, just like the Bulls always do. The Lakers might be the only option, you might see Sasha in a red #18. The only good thing Paxson has done was get D Rose, and he fell in his lap.

Cubsfan365
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Sure, just like the Bulls always do. The Lakers might be the only option, you might see Sasha in a red #18. The only good thing Paxson has done was get D Rose, and he fell in his lap.
You won't get Hinrich for Morrison and Vujacic.

disgruntledbull
02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/9254956749

buls are out of the hunt does that mean that the knicks should lowball the rockets offer?

i think this is the bulls attempt to lowball the rockets. their crazy demands for tmac, bulls left and will wait to see if they come back if the knicks deal doesnt get done

Gibby23
02-17-2010, 07:07 PM
You won't get Hinrich for Morrison and Vujacic.

You won't get a Max free agent.

KG2TB
02-17-2010, 07:08 PM

Transforming the entire baby bulls, re-shaping the roster, and making the playoffs 6 of the 7 years he's been here isn't good?

Gibby23
02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Transforming the entire baby bulls, re-shaping the roster, and making the playoffs 6 of the 7 years he's been here isn't good?

Good thing he is a GM in the east.

NYKnicks4511
02-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Come on gents why didn't anyone call BS on this comment.

Barbosa,Joe Johnson, James Jones and Amare all flourished under D'antoni and all were Young talent.

Eh, Amare was Rookie of the Year in '02 and he was well on his way already in my opinion.

James Jones' best season was when he averaged 9.3 PPG in 24 mins in 2005-6. His success was more about having a great roster which gave him wide open looks from 3.

Barbosa I can give you, he thrived under the run and gun w/ Mike.

BUT.

You can't give Mike nearly all the credit, as Steve Nash was the guy that got everyone involved and made them better players.

Now do people see the difference between trying to cultivate young players with Chris Duhon at the helms vs. 2 time MVP Steve Nash? :P

I still say D'Antoni is sub par from a player development aspect as is the Knicks' whole staff.

Draco

Why on Earth would the Bulls overpay for TMac in the offseason?

Fresno

Its kinda funny because about 5 years ago, the expectations was that the Bulls would be a Title Contender by now.

I can clearly remember how excited Bulls homers were about the future of the team awhile ago.

DLeeicious
02-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Its kinda funny because about 5 years ago, the expectations was that the Bulls would be a Title Contender by now.

I can clearly remember how excited Bulls homers were about the future of the team awhile ago.

By 5 years ago you mean 2008 when you joined the site? And we are still excited for our future because we have an amazing future. Haters can hate Bulls fans but no one can deny the amazing spot we are in right now...young talent + financial strength = bright future.

toovey107
02-17-2010, 07:14 PM
You won't get a Max free agent.
You're so insightful.

Draco
02-17-2010, 07:15 PM

Your knowledge of Bulls history or your recollection is off. Not that any of this has to do with the TMac and the Bulls.. Laker fans seem to be really desperate for Hinrich since they're taking their frustration out with off topic and pointless posts.

quade36

Thats a silly statement. Every team's fans believed within 5 years their team was going to be great and title contenders by now. The Nuggets, 76ers, Blazers, Clippers, and of course the Knicks. Just to give a few who had up and coming star potential.

Not every team can be like the Celtics and Lakers who make ridiculous trades for superstars like Gasol and Garnett (even though I wish the Bulls would) Point is, every fan has hope, and they continue to have hope, otherwise why be a fan?

KG2TB

:laugh:

Yeah some crazed individuals dubbed them title contenders...what's your point? They over-acheived and swept the defending champs and people got giddy. They were a solid team that year but had no true superstar. Our future is bright right now

*Superman*
02-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Bulls finalizing deal, told Salmons to remain at team hotel.

Gibby23
02-17-2010, 07:18 PM
By 5 years ago you mean 2008 when you joined the site? And we are still excited for our future because we have an amazing future. Haters can hate Bulls fans but no one can deny the amazing spot we are in right now...young talent + financial strength = bright future.

Oh yeah, he couldn't read before he joined PSD.:rolleyes:

disgruntledbull
02-17-2010, 07:22 PM

what

GiantYankKnicks
02-17-2010, 07:24 PM

doubt its for T-Mac because Thomas and Miller would have probly been told to stay at the hotel to.Could be a smaller deal.

barker
02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
doubt its for T-Mac because Thomas and Miller would have probly been told to stay at the hotel to.Could be a smaller deal.

with Noah still down, we cant afford to have Thomas and Miller stay at the hotel too.

knicks09
02-17-2010, 08:16 PM

No that's for a diffrent trade. The Bulls aren't getting McGrady any more. http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/02/the-bulls-are-out-of-tracy-mcgrady-talks/

NBA-GMaster
02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
NEW offer from Knicks and Bulls..
From Knicks: Larry Hughes, Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill plus 2012 Protected 1st draft pick for Tracy McGrady, Brian Cook and Joey Dorsey

From Bulls: Brad Miller, Tyrus Thomas and Jerome James for Tracy McGrady and Joey Dorsey

Bulls now got the better offer than the Knicks..

NBA-GMaster
02-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Id like the previous offer of the knicks.. Hughes/Harrington, Jeffries, Hill, 2011 swap 1st rd draft pick and 2012 1st rd draft pick for Tmac,Cook and Dorsey..

CowboysKB24
02-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Man whoever gets McGrady is going to win the championship next year.

NBA-GMaster
02-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Bulls recruit Kings for Tmac trade..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ajl0GXFjAOnUtJqewtTAG2K8vLYF?slug=ys-mcgradyhouston021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

but salmons got traded to bucks..