PDA

View Full Version : New York Knicks working on deal to ship Nate Robinson to the Boston Celtics

oak2455
02-16-2010, 11:07 PM
CHICAGO - The Knicks have been looking to relocate Nate Robinson since December and they may have found a taker in the Boston Celtics.

According to a league source, the Knicks and their Atlantic Division rival are working on a deal that would send Robinson, the back-up guard and three-time Slam Dunk champion, to Boston. Since Robinson is entering the last year of his contract the Knicks will only take back expiring contracts.

Eddie House, who played for Mike D'Antoni in Phoenix, has an expiring contract as does Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine.

The Knicks have been trying to trade Robinson since December when D'Antoni benched the energetic yet erratic guard for 14 games. The Knicks were in talks with the Memphis Grizzlies but the deal never progressed once Robinson informed the club that he wouldn't approve a trade to Memphis.

Robinson has veto power but according to a source close to the situation Robinson would gladly accept a trade to Boston.

Robinson did not accompany the Knicks to Chicago. According to the club, he is home with the flu.

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 8:59 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/02/16/2010-02-16_new_york_knicks_working_on_deal_to_ship_nate_ro binson_to_rival_boston_celtics.html

BTownTeamsRKing
02-16-2010, 11:09 PM
id like that. Nate the Great as a Celtic off the bench!

JNA17
02-16-2010, 11:12 PM
If the knicks can trade nate along with eddy curry then they would be in great shape for 2010

Trouble87
02-16-2010, 11:19 PM
this sucks

*Superman*
02-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Noo. He said he would accept any deal to the Lakers, Celtics or Magic.

DLeeicious
02-16-2010, 11:25 PM
NO, I like Nate too much to see him go to the darkside!

Kakaroach
02-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Guess he and D'Anotini have had their last feud. For the Celtics its extra fire power off the bench.

*Superman*
02-16-2010, 11:30 PM
^Depending on who they give up.

Slimsim
02-16-2010, 11:53 PM
the Knicks Management Is full of Dick heads. Nate is like our best player but they don't know how to use him.

Giaps
02-16-2010, 11:55 PM
At least give us a pick? Nate is better than all 3 guys.

AddiX
02-17-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm all for it, he will do well in Boston, and I'm happy for him.

But he doesnt work at all with what Antonio is trying to do.

Now if we can just dump Duhon and find a real PG.

Lo Porto
02-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Knicks should get back the Celts' 2012 first to make up for the first their going to have to use to get TMac (really get rid of Jeffries).

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure about this... Yes it gives the Celtics a scorer of the bench, but is Nate willing to accept such a smaller role on a contender?

From his previous attitude at New York I would've thought not, but being on a contender might change his frame of mind...

Young and Stupid
02-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Curious to hear from Celtics fans. You guys okay with giving up House, he seems like he has fit in really well with the team chemistry-wise and he provides a dead-eye shooter off the bench. Maybe I'm reading too much into the way he interacts with the rest of the Celtics, but it seems like they have a good bond.

magichatnumber9
02-17-2010, 12:21 AM
As a fan I support what ever Danny does. I like Nate, and I think him and Doc would work well together.

superkegger
02-17-2010, 12:23 AM
would make sense to have an actual backup pg. since house can't really handle, and the next best option is marquis daniels, who has been injury plagued.

would be a good move IMO.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Curious to hear from Celtics fans. You guys okay with giving up House, he seems like he has fit in really well with the team chemistry-wise and he provides a dead-eye shooter off the bench. Maybe I'm reading too much into the way he interacts with the rest of the Celtics, but it seems like they have a good bond.

They can take eddie, tony, and please please please take scal.

all 3 are at best inconsistent. Tony stinks to lose because i feel he is finally learning something. eddie house was great as a guy who the team didnt depend on. but now he is a worse version of a aging ray allen.

im all for this deal. Nate will bring some freaken attitude.

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 02:16 AM
I really dont want to trade nate unless we dump more salary but if this trade happens the celtics bench gets much better.

LA_Raiders
02-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Good luck beating Clev/Orl with that trade...

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 02:20 AM
House has his nights where he is great. Then other nights where he is a non factor. Unfortunately more of the latter this year. Boston's biggest need is a 1 on 1 player who can score. We have plenty of role players right now but Pierce, Garnett and Ray Allen are to old to get their own anymore. Robinson is a guy who can make plays and add muuuuuuuuuuch needed athleticism to our team. House also was a liability on the perimeter handling the ball and playing D. Robinson is an upgrade in both areas.

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Good luck beating Clev/Orl with that trade...

Boston will need luck beating either of those teams with their roster now. It's by no means a championship maker but an improvment. Cleveland is going to be tough to beat no matter what. Orlando not as worried about we pretty much choked 3 games away to them.

IversonIsKrazy
02-17-2010, 02:25 AM
Nate is great and underrated competitor, and i would love to see him on a winning team. I h8 D'Antoni, he is the most overrated Coach imo.

29$JerZ
02-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Just to let people Know the NBA isn't finalizing Mobley's retirement so he can't be cut and counts as a roster spot. We have a full roster and can't cut 3 people at the moment to do this.

knicks09
02-17-2010, 02:35 AM
would make sense to have an actual backup pg. since house can't really handle, and the next best option is marquis daniels, who has been injury plagued.

would be a good move IMO.
Nate is not a true pg at all

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2010, 02:43 AM
At this point i wouldn't mind packageing nate curry and lee to the celtics for expirings if they where willing to do it.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2010, 02:43 AM
I could see Nate getting a role similar to Crawford on Atlanta. He can be a 6th man and can give them excellent scoring off the bench. It works perfectly too because Ray Allen is struggling heavily ATM. Now he's not as consistant as Crawford, but he's still good enough to be an impact player to come off of the bench and give the celtics what they need...a young energetic scorer.

op12
02-17-2010, 09:14 AM
cant decide what i think of the deal. think tony is making strides so dont really want to lose him but i guess we would be better off with nate.

tcav701
02-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Great deal for the Celtics. Hopefully they dont have to give up House. But if you have watched the defensive trouble they have had its been guys like Crawford who kills the Celtics. Nate would be great to match his energy and make him work on defense. I think the Celtics are the team to beat in the east if they can get Nate and keep House.

Jetsguy
02-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Nate for any one of those 3 and a 2012 1st...that way we dont have to cut a bunch of players to make room for these scrubs

mr.awesome
02-17-2010, 10:05 AM
i think if this deal gets done without house then the celtics have the best bench in the league.house is sometimes,when he's on the spark the celtics need and nate would bring that as well.also you don't want to mess the chemistry on this team,and house is really close to everyone on this team.

69centers
02-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Nate will be a better backup PG than House, which can keep Daniels at the 2 or 3 every night. House on paper is the better fit from the team, and non-diehard fans or the occasional watcher may see House light it up on some nights, but other nights he's horrible. His 3PT% is right around the same as Nate's. This is an indicator, because if House was having a good season, it would be much higher than Nate.

king4day
02-17-2010, 11:27 AM
How does he do a deal like this without asking for a first rounder?
What is Walsh doing?

CELTICS4LYFE
02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
How does he do a deal like this without asking for a first rounder?
What is Walsh doing?

If it gets done it most likely will

king4day
02-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski's twitter is saying the Lakers are also involved in trade talks with NY about Nate.

king4day
02-17-2010, 11:38 AM
If it gets done it most likely will

Maybe Tony Allen is who they really want.
Otherwise I just can't see how it helps this franchise in the long run. He's expiring so at the least, you want to maintain his jersey sales.

tjlipford
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Who really cares about this deal?

Giaps
02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Who really cares about this deal?
You should, for one. It's going to make 1 of your main competitors better.

td0tsfinest
02-17-2010, 12:05 PM
So is it Robinson for T.Allen, Scal and Eddie House ?

tjlipford
02-17-2010, 12:22 PM
You should, for one. It's going to make 1 of your main competitors better.
Man, there best players are too old now. They have issues over there. They can have Nate Robinson. He wont get them past the Cavs. No one in Cleveland is worried about Boston believe me.

Pierce, KG and Allen remind me of the Golden Girls, three old ladies. Garnett look like the mummy out there.

We dont care about Boston over here

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
So is it Robinson for T.Allen, Scal and Eddie House ?

it cant be Nate for 1 of these straight up bc his contract is odd.

it will take on of these guys and minor pieces from both ends.

maybe knicks throw in Toney Douglas and the Celtics throw in Bill Walker. something like that.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 02:17 PM
UPDATE:
Nate Robinson-G-Knicks Feb. 17 - 12:28 pm et

According to Knicks beat writer Alan Hahn the Knicks are very close to sending Nate Robinson to the Celtics but the teams are looking for a third club to complete the deal.

Robinson's contract is apparently the issue but things look to be very close. The Knicks are also expected to get a draft pick out of this deal which is a bonus. The guard will probably be out of New York by the end of the day.
Source: Alan Hahn on Twitter

-Rotoworld.

i cant wait for this to actually happen. Its needed so badly for this team.

jetsfan89
02-17-2010, 02:22 PM
knicks getting a pick for this is a good thing for them.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 02:31 PM
knicks getting a pick for this is a good thing for them.

do u think its a 1st or 2nd? id say its a 60/40 chance its a first

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Knicks can't take any of those players unless other pieces are involved and it's a 3 team deal. Reason being is Nate Robinson is a Base year Compensation player. Meaning Knicks can not take back a certain vaule of contract. Not sure the ratio but I know they could not do it for all 3. It would be only 1 and likely be only House or Allen. Still might not be able to take back that contract though. In fact the deal can't really be done unless they get a 3rd team. It won't work in the rules.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Knicks can't take any of those players unless other pieces are involved and it's a 3 team deal. Reason being is Nate Robinson is a Base year Compensation player. Meaning Knicks can not take back a certain vaule of contract. Not sure the ratio but I know they could not do it for all 3. It would be only 1 and likely be only House or Allen. Still might not be able to take back that contract though. In fact the deal can't really be done unless they get a 3rd team. It won't work in the rules.

This is the deal so far:

(House or Tony Allen or scal) + (1st or 2nd) for Nate.

but your right. a thrid team is needed to make this work. His contract sucks to trade with. try it on the trade machine. the thing is damn near impossible

Super.
02-17-2010, 02:47 PM
We all know Nate looks good in green already

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/__Story_Inserts/graphics/__SPORTS/R/robinson_nate_nyc_ad.jpg

And he leaps tall centers

Yankee Lifer
02-17-2010, 02:56 PM
I hear its Nate for House and the KNicks are trying to get a draft pick as well. The KNicks really nead picks. I Heard it on The Herd.

The SportsKing
02-17-2010, 03:03 PM
i googled Nate robinsons name and i got the latest info this is a tweet from some boston sports staion.

RT @TangandZo: Talking Cs' with @SpearsNBAYahoo...says some feel the Lakers have a better shot at Nate Robinson than the Celtics

Don Starks
02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
apparently its a done deal via alan hahn (knicks beat writer) celtics got him
http://twitter.com/alanHahn

Nate Robinson trade with #Celtics done, I'm told. Getting details now..... #Knicks #NBA

if its true, i am not a celtics fan, but i cannot wait to see rondo and nate rob playing together, they are gonna make each other look nice.

jetsfan89
02-17-2010, 03:19 PM
do u think its a 1st or 2nd? id say its a 60/40 chance its a first

id give it a much higher chance that its a first.

The SportsKing
02-17-2010, 03:21 PM
apparently its a done deal via alan hahn (knicks beat writer) celtics got him
http://twitter.com/alanHahn

if its true, i am not a celtics fan, but i cannot wait to see rondo and nate rob playing together, they are gonna make each other look nice.

nice find man!

mgsports
02-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Maybe Ray Allen and so on for him and Hughes. Then the Knicks Trade Allen to the Magic for Gortat and Bass/so on.

mikantsass
02-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Just heard via 98.5 the sports hub that a deal is done with the Celtics...

The SportsKing
02-17-2010, 03:27 PM
now the question is there a 3rd team in this trade?

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 03:32 PM
now the question is there a 3rd team in this trade?

has to be. nate's contract is BYC

junebug1989
02-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Nate Robinson has reportedly been traded to the Boston Celtics, according to a report from Alan Hahn of Newsday.

The Lakers had also been in talks with New York in regards to Robinson.

Details of the trade are forthcoming.

Source: Alan Hahn on Twitter
Rotoworld and Real GM

The SportsKing
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
has to be. nate's contract is BYC

i would not be surprise if its the houston rockets is the 3rd team but will see!

mgsports
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Maybe McGrady is part of it
Houston gets Allen/Curry/Davis/Hill/Miller
Knicks get McGrady/Thomas and so on
Boston gets Robinson/Salmons and so on
Bulls get Harrington and so on

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 03:43 PM
^woah thats a blockbuster if i ever seen one

The SportsKing
02-17-2010, 03:43 PM
now there a report out there saying the deal is not done! im going to find the link

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
WEEI

Nate for Eddie and a 2nd round pick

please be true

mgsports
02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Nate trade not "official" but done - and @WojYahooNBA says may not finalize until tomorrow - but sounds like it is House/2nd Rnd pick.

The SportsKing
02-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Nate trade not "official" but done - and @WojYahooNBA says may not finalize until tomorrow - but sounds like it is House/2nd Rnd pick.

not a bad trade

Jetsguy
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
if it is for House and a 2nd Knicks really got taken with how bad the Celts wanted Nate. Should be a 1st 2nd rounders are almost worthless

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2010, 03:58 PM
if it is for House and a 2nd Knicks really got taken with how bad the Celts wanted Nate. Should be a 1st 2nd rounders are almost worthless

well u have to remember this could be a 4 month rental. nate is nice off the bench and im thrilled to have him, but 1st round pick for a possible 4 month rental is a bit much, plus there is a third team in this so they may get more in this

mgsports
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Who is then? Rockets? Bulls? Lakers? Heat?

mikantsass
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM

No way is Nate worth a 1st, unless it is the last pick in the 1st....

jetsfan28
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457538