PDA

View Full Version : Wizards To Buyout Drew Gooden

Fresno
02-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Drew Gooden is expected to be bought out by the Wizards, according to Adrian Wojnorowski, further enhancing the value of Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee.

If Gooden never plays a game in Washington, both Blatche and McGee should be owned in all leagues. Gooden could end up with the Bucks, Bobcats, Nuggets, or return to Dallas once the buyout is complete. Gooden has yet to show up in Washington, and while the local media is blaming his delay on personal reasons, Wojnarowski seems to be more dialed into what's happening in the league than anyone.

Rotoworld

2nd consecutive Trade Deadline where he gets traded, bought out, and ends up becoming a hot commodity big man off the bench.

He was having a good season so far averaging 9/7/1 off the bench. Charlotte is a perfect fit for him.

Jays Claw
02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Where is the link?

Fresno
02-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Where is the link?

Uh oh.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/gooden-likely-to-receive-buyout.php

Derick713
02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Maybe The Mavs can get him back The Nuggets need him!

Jays Claw
02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Uh oh.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/gooden-likely-to-receive-buyout.php

Thank you. :)

lakerboy
02-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Man I wish we could let go of Josh Powell for him.

Jays Claw
02-16-2010, 10:34 PM
The Denver Nuggets could use a consistent big man off the bench.

masalex1205
02-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Rotoworld

2nd consecutive Trade Deadline where he gets traded, bought out, and ends up becoming a hot commodity big man off the bench.

He was having a good season so far averaging 9/7/1 off the bench. Charlotte is a perfect fit for him.

Agreed!

The Bobcats don't have a backup power forward, nobody, zilch, nada.

It would be great to have Gooden. Shoot, I'd start him over Diaw.

Jays Claw
02-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Shoot, I'd start him over Diaw.

The Bobcats would be horrible if they did. :facepalm:

SirCarlton
02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
blah as long as he never plays for the bulls again...hate that guy

Lakers4ItAll
02-16-2010, 10:49 PM
I would take him off the bench for the Lakers anyday

VCaintdead17
02-16-2010, 10:50 PM
He could be a game changer for both Dallas and Denver IMO. I say he goes to one of those teams.

DLeeicious
02-16-2010, 10:56 PM
I know Gooden isn't rated very high but he is still so overrated. He is so frustrating to watch. A guy his size and athleticism should be so much more effective, instead he consistently fades away and avoids contact. He is a good rebounder, that's where it ends.

black1605
02-16-2010, 10:57 PM
charlotte is a perfect fit, we even have the open roster spot

MU and UW Fan
02-16-2010, 11:05 PM
they said on espn he will sit out 30 days and then go back to the mavs.

Mavrix
02-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I hope he comes back to Dallas. He was good in his short stint. Actually played some solid defense.

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 12:10 AM
It's funny... Most people (besides Mavrix) don't want him anywhere near their team if he's played for them before because you really see how much of a frustrating player he is...

When he was on the Cavs I couldn't stand him... He has the potential to be a 15/10 guy night in, night out, but he just doesn't bring it most nights. Plays awful man to man and help defense and settles for jumpshots far too often.

I suppose if you've never experienced him on your team you wouldn't understand, but he annoyed me like hell when he was on the Cavs.

VIP1349
02-17-2010, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't mind having him on the Nuggets.

Kyben36
02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
if the bulls dont get a big man back, it would be nice to bring him back.

mgsports
02-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Miami or Orlando.

Bob_at_york
02-17-2010, 02:19 PM
It's funny... Most people (besides Mavrix) don't want him anywhere near their team if he's played for them before because you really see how much of a frustrating player he is...

When he was on the Cavs I couldn't stand him... He has the potential to be a 15/10 guy night in, night out, but he just doesn't bring it most nights. Plays awful man to man and help defense and settles for jumpshots far too often.

I suppose if you've never experienced him on your team you wouldn't understand, but he annoyed me like hell when he was on the Cavs.

I was noticing the same pattern. I will say this, if we trade one of our bigs, then I would like the Raptors to take a look at Drew.

DLeeicious
02-17-2010, 02:22 PM

Bingo. Seeing him night in and night out makes you :facepalm: over and over. The guy is such an overrated waste of talent and number 4 pick.

Bob_at_york
02-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Bingo. Seeing him night in and night out makes you :facepalm: over and over. The guy is such an overrated waste of talent and number 4 pick.

I think your problem is in the last line. The guy isn't a #4 pick. You can't look at him like that anymore. You have to look at him as a rebounder off the bench who can score a bit.

Something I just noticed about Drew, this is his 8th NBA season and he has played for 8 teams. he also has been traded 3 years in a row.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Wish he'd go to Denevr

Carey
02-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Makes since, no need to put anybody in Mcgee and Blatche's way if your rebuilding

GodsSon
02-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I was noticing the same pattern. I will say this, if we trade one of our bigs, then I would like the Raptors to take a look at Drew.

+1...if Amir is moved I wouldn't mind giving him a shot

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Nuggets should be all over that. He wouldn't have to be a bigtime 15 and 10 scorer. He could give some help off the bench, and give them insurace if one of their 3 get injured. He would be a big help off their bench.

pebloemer
02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Any guesses where he ends up? Do people think he resigns with Dallas? I agree Charlotte would be a nice fit for him.

DLeeicious
02-17-2010, 02:47 PM
I think your problem is in the last line. The guy isn't a #4 pick. You can't look at him like that anymore. You have to look at him as a rebounder off the bench who can score a bit.

Something I just noticed about Drew, this is his 8th NBA season and he has played for 8 teams. he also has been traded 3 years in a row.

No doubt he is a great rebounder. And you know what if he was as you said a rebounder off the bench who knew his role and stuck to it and got paid as such he would be fine on ANY team.

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Any guesses where he ends up? Do people think he resigns with Dallas? I agree Charlotte would be a nice fit for him.

He says he'll wait 30 days and resign with Dallas, but im sure he will be looking to see the playing time opportunity and cash being offered elsewhere.

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:14 PM
No doubt he is a great rebounder. And you know what if he was as you said a rebounder off the bench who knew his role and stuck to it and got paid as such he would be fine on ANY team.

I agree. Gooden is a weird player, whenever he comes in the game he tries to get the most out of his playing time rather than being a role player.

I guess you can call it Endofbench Syndrome, he steps in and immediately tries to get his points and boards before he has to sit. Hes done that his entire career, but he struggled as a starter because he couldn't give that same effort the entire game and when he did in Cleveland he often messed up their half court offense sets, which causes a rift between him and LeBron.

J_M_B
02-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Probably will end up back in Dallas or sign with a contender for a shot at a ring.

Fresno
02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Probably will end up back in Dallas or sign with a contender for a shot at a ring.

Did you miss when Drew Gooden won a ring in Cleveland with LeBron?

Blackjack24
02-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Hahaha, what ring is that? The conference ring?

VIP1349
02-17-2010, 06:53 PM
...What?

J Lay
02-17-2010, 06:55 PM

LOL so many fails

Kakaroach
02-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure he would go back to Dallas. But some other playoff team for sure.

Fresno
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
...What?

Dude do you not remember when the Cavaliers won the NBA Championship over the Spurs?

:D

JasonJohnHorn
02-17-2010, 10:01 PM
The Celtics could use him for sure, that's give them two deep at center and power forward. The Cavs could use him if they make a move and he was with them in the finals already, and the Spurs might be able to use another big body, but if Gooden is chasing a ring L.A. would be the best bet.

The guy can rebound and is a compitent scorer. Is he as bad on defence as everybdoy says he is? I haven't gotten to watch him play much since he left the Cavs, and in the finals with the Cavs he covered Duncan, who nobody can guard, so I didn't want to be too harsh on the guy for not containing the best power forward in the history of the league. Is he that bad on D? Anybody?

If i was him I'd be dropping in calls to the Cavs, Lakers and Celtics. But anybody could use a big rebounder coming off the bench.

JWO35
02-17-2010, 10:03 PM

So many things wrong in this sentence, grammar wise and basketball wise

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 10:11 PM
The team that needs Gooden is Denver. They really have only 3 bigs in their rotation. Chris Anderson is not playing as well as last year and they could use another big to bang in the playoffs. Hilario is known to get in foul trouble as well.

As a Boston fan I wouldn't mind going after him but doubt we can considering we are way over the cap already.

Agar81
02-17-2010, 10:16 PM
He is not being bought out. He is being sent to LAC in the Jamison deal

robdog_5
02-17-2010, 10:17 PM
It's rumored that LAC will also let him go, if he didn't want to play is Wash he might not want to play with LAC either.