PDA

View Full Version : Roger Mason JR.

MikefromMars
02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=At83ZI0B_ytDTTEt1ZDHhWu8vLYF?slug=ys-masonspurs021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The San Antonio Spurs’ front office is working with Roger Mason’s(notes) agent to trade the veteran guard to a team where he can have a significant role.

“Roger had a terrific season last year after the Spurs had a bunch of injuries, and now that everyone is back healthy and his minutes are limited, the Spurs are trying to do the right thing and find a good spot for him,” Mason’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Yahoo! Sports on Monday.

Mason, 29, is averaging 19 minutes and 7.4 points per game. He averaged 30 minutes and nearly 12 points a game a season ago. Mason is in the final season of a two-year deal with Spurs.

One league executive says there’s “significant” interest from other teams in dealing for Mason.

The Miami Heat and Memphis Grizzlies are being considered as possible destinations for Mason.

What do you think? What would Memphis offer?

Package with Gay? Thabeet?

I Am Awesome-O
02-16-2010, 06:58 PM
We aren't giving up anything significant for Roger Mason. The Lakers or Nuggets pick at most. He'd be a nice fit here though.

Big Quett
02-16-2010, 10:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=At83ZI0B_ytDTTEt1ZDHhWu8vLYF?slug=ys-masonspurs021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

What do you think? What would Memphis offer?

Package with Gay? Thabeet?

For Roger Mason Jr.?:facepalm:
please leave our forum.

mzgrizz
02-17-2010, 12:41 AM
We aren't giving up anything significant for Roger Mason. The Lakers or Nuggets pick at most. He'd be a nice fit here though.

Agreed.

MikefromMars
02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
For Roger Mason Jr.?:facepalm:
please leave our forum.

Please notice I said Package w/ Mason...Meaning more parts involved. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Big Quett
02-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Please notice I said Package w/ Mason...Meaning more parts involved. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Rudy is worth more then anything on your team outside of the the big injured 3. And please dont even bring up RJ.

MikefromMars
02-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Rudy is worth more then anything on your team outside of the the big injured 3. And please dont even bring up RJ.

I see what you're saying. I was under the impression that his contract was up this year. I thought maybe they would try a something instead of nothing scenerio.

I agree with you that SA does not have much to offer without completely blowing up their roster (Hill, Splitter rights, Blair, Parker, etc) if that is not the case.

How is Sam Young doing? I don't really get a chance to watch Memphis games. Does he even get playing time?

Big Quett
02-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I see what you're saying. I was under the impression that his contract was up this year. I thought maybe they would try a something instead of nothing scenerio.

I agree with you that SA does not have much to offer without completely blowing up their roster (Hill, Splitter rights, Blair, Parker, etc) if that is not the case.

How is Sam Young doing? I don't really get a chance to watch Memphis games. Does he even get playing time?

Rudy is a restricted fa.

But Sam is our 6th man. Basically the only scorer off the bench we have. but that is a lot for a rookie thats why we need bench scoring. Personally i wasnt sure what to expect from him but i love the kid even though i wanted Blair though:D

Man we would be looking good if we had drafted Blair instead of Carrol.:mad: