PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves turn down Bulls Offer

Stunner
02-16-2010, 05:22 PM
The Timberwolves recently turned down an offer of Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas for Al Jefferson, according to Chad Ford of ESPN.com.
It looks like the Wolves are going to stand pat for now. GM David Kahn says he wants a chance to evaluate his team over an entire season before making a move and we now believe him because that Deng/Thomas deal is a very reasonable offer.

Source: ESPN

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NBA.aspx?rwr=1

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:24 PM
kind of surprised actually, however maybe if the bulls added a first round pick or 2 then i think the wolves would go for it.

td0tsfinest
02-16-2010, 05:26 PM
ye I think the deal was a first round pick away from being done.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 05:26 PM
kind of surprised actually, however maybe if the bulls added a first round pick or 2 then i think the wolves would go for it.

That was what i was thinking maybe they might try the trade again before deadline, its clearly that Love and Al cant really play together and its sucks Love is coming off the bench. Love is a better fit for the Wolves.

Flynn
Brewer
Deng
Tyrus
Love

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Thomas & Deng would of been big additions for the T'Wolves. T'Wolves lack a scorer which is Deng. Thomas would of been a great addition off the bench for the T'Wolves.

-David Kahn gets the "duhDUh" award on this one.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
That was what i was thinking maybe they might try the trade again before deadline, its clearly that Love and Al cant really play together and its sucks Love is coming off the bench. Love is a better fit for the Wolves.

Flynn
Brewer
Deng
Tyrus
Love

Yeah and love is still averaging 15 and 12 a game off the bench. He could do so much more without al around.

I think the wolves however should look for a 3rd team to also look for a center instead of forcefully placing love at center, even though love can play center.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Thomas & Deng would of been big additions for the T'Wolves. T'Wolves lack a scorer which is Deng. Thomas would of been a great addition off the bench for the T'Wolves.

-David Kahn gets the "duhDUh" award on this one.

Kahn got that award the day he drafted 4 point guards and signed one :pity:

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 05:30 PM

Flynn
Brewer
Deng
Tyrus
Love

I agree 100% on Love & Al Jefferson Co-existing. I honestly believe this deal will happen if the Bulls add a 1st rd pick & the T'Wolves add a second rd pick.

zambo4president
02-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Damn throw in a pick and do it!

Chronz
02-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Ive never liked Kahn but Im not sure I would do this deal either. Why sell low?

STAT1
02-16-2010, 05:38 PM
I wonder if the lakers try and get in to help the bulls so they can get heinrich.

dodie53
02-16-2010, 05:40 PM
will there be another good offer like that?

Mr.WhiteSox
02-16-2010, 05:41 PM
very surprising. i thin thats a good deal for both teams.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 05:41 PM

Sell low thats a good deal Deng production is going to be missed, two young talents for 1, thats a good deal Deng is like 24 and Tyrus is 23. I do if they look at this trade again and Bulls add 1st round pick this deal gets done.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:42 PM

Not sure how the offer is low? Deng is a very solid scorer and good defender and Tyrus can try and rise with the wolves and Love can finally start and shine for the much better player he really is.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Not sure how the offer is low? Deng is a very solid scorer and good defender and Tyrus can try and rise with the wolves and Love can finally start and shine for the much better player he really is.

agree i think the Bulls might go back to the deal i have a feeling. Or the Lakers try and get in and throw a draft pick towards Minny and Bulls throw a 2010 1st round pick at Minny as well, and the Lakers get Kirk.

Draco
02-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Damn.

STAT1
02-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I wonder if they offer that to us for Amare if we accept.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 05:48 PM
I wonder if they offer that to us for Amare if we accept.

prob would Suns been after Deng since they traded him away.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 05:53 PM
if the Bulls threw in a draft pick, say their 2011 1st round top 10 protected, the Wolves may be tempted. But the Wolves have a high pick coming, and could easily get Turner or Johnson, so why take on Deng's big deal now??

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:00 PM
if the Bulls threw in a draft pick, say their 2011 1st round top 10 protected, the Wolves may be tempted. But the Wolves have a high pick coming, and could easily get Turner or Johnson, so why take on Deng's big deal now??

well it's like i said, the wolves can finally start love instead of trying to make al jeff and love work (obviously it doesn't) and deng is very solid and is 1 year younger then al jeff and tyrus.

But yes i think if the bulls added in a first round pick i can imagine the wolves pulling the trigger.

Southsideheat
02-16-2010, 06:03 PM
how many first round picks do the T-wolves need though?

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 06:04 PM
well it's like i said, the wolves can finally start love instead of trying to make al jeff and love work (obviously it doesn't) and deng is very solid and is 1 year younger then al jeff and tyrus.

But yes i think if the bulls added in a first round pick i can imagine the wolves pulling the trigger.

offensively, it works great. The Wolves need a young Camby (Hassan Whitehead), or Chris Anderson type to make it work on the other side though. Its no mystery why the Wolves won 4 straight. Hollins played that role temporarily. But Hollins is not very good. He simply showed exactly what type of big works perfect with Love (rebounder, passer, shooter with range who gets to the line), and Jefferson (low post genuis, rebounder, space eater). Simply put, a shotblocker, active, long player need to be in that 3-man rotation.
Tyrus is like 23 I think btw.
And my point was, I think a player like Deng will be found in the first 4 picks this year. Evan Turner and Wesley Johnson are both going to be very good SF's. And the Wolves are almost certain to have a top 5 pick. So why trade a rare commodity (a 20/10 big man who can score at will), for an attitude problem who has underachieved since coming in, and an 18/7 player who hans't improved for 3 years, and makes a ton of money?? 18/7 wings are much easier to come by then dominant big men.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:05 PM
how many first round picks do the T-wolves need though?

u can never have enough 1st round picks they make good trade pieces.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:09 PM
offensively, it works great. The Wolves need a young Camby (Hassan Whitehead), or Chris Anderson type to make it work on the other side though. Its no mystery why the Wolves won 4 straight. Hollins played that role temporarily. But Hollins is not very good. He simply showed exactly what type of big works perfect with Love (rebounder, passer, shooter with range who gets to the line), and Jefferson (low post genuis, rebounder, space eater). Simply put, a shotblocker, active, long player need to be in that 3-man rotation.
And my point was, I think a player like Deng will be found in the first 4 picks this year. Evan Turner and Wesley Johnson are both going to be very good SF's. And the Wolves are almost certain to have a top 5 pick. So why trade a rare commodity (a 20/10 big man who can score at will), for an attitude problem who has underachieved since coming in, and an 18/7 player who hans't improved for 3 years, and makes a ton of money?? 18/7 wings are much easier to come by then dominant big men.

Cuz he doesnt fit your system, Love is going to be better he is averaging a double-double off the bench and it will go up with no Al, Deng is better than u give credit for, Khan is dumb and is going to draft a PG wat makes u think he is going to get Turner or Johnson, i heard Johnson might stay another year, but your FO is dumb u guys traded away Ray Allen, Roy, and OJ Mayo, u guys will never have a stud 2 or 3, only big men.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-16-2010, 06:13 PM
No!

That adds competition to the Raptors.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:14 PM

Your kind of overrating Al Jeff a bit, of course it's normal since ur a wolves fan but anyway...

al jeff is a 17 and 9 player right now. He's gotten worse since his injury and he's a defensive liability.

And i was about to say Ryan Hollins defensively reminds me a bit of Camby. I don't think it's really him being good or not, i think he might need a little more playing time.

Leaning your faith on hoping a guy will be good in the draft then a proven young talent would usually be a big mistake. Also How does Deng have an attitude problem? What makes you say that?

And i think if Deng was the number one scoring option, he can do a lot of damage. Yes dominate bigman are hard to come by, but my point is, Al Jeff is NOT that dominate bigman to lead the wolves.

Baldyy
02-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Cuz he doesnt fit your system, Love is going to be better he is averaging a double-double off the bench and it will go up with no Al, Deng is better than u give credit for, Khan is dumb and is going to draft a PG wat makes u think he is going to get Turner or Johnson, i heard Johnson might stay another year, but your FO is dumb u guys traded away Ray Allen, Roy, and OJ Mayo, u guys will never have a stud 2 or 3, only big men.

All of those trades were by Kevin McHale not Kahn, and if we have an opportunity to draft John Wall i'm all for having another PG.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 06:15 PM

you obviously know a lot about the Wolves. And if they get the #1 pick your god damn right he will draft a PG. Johnson is already labeled old, he aint staying. And if we get a top 3 pick, right now, its Wall, Turner, Johnson. McHale is no longer GM bro.
btw, we won the Love-Mayo trade.

mikantsass
02-16-2010, 06:16 PM
The Timberwolves recently turned down an offer of Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas for Al Jefferson, according to Chad Ford of ESPN.com.
It looks like the Wolves are going to stand pat for now. GM David Kahn says he wants a chance to evaluate his team over an entire season before making a move and we now believe him because that Deng/Thomas deal is a very reasonable offer.

Source: ESPN

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NBA.aspx?rwr=1

I'd turn down that offer too...

Lo Porto
02-16-2010, 06:17 PM
That's a good deal for Minny and I'm surprised they turned it down.

I have a question for the Bulls fans - aren't Jefferson and Noah both centers?

DLeeicious
I'm not surprised at all. Oh well.

Stunner
All of those trades were by Kevin McHale not Kahn, and if we have an opportunity to draft John Wall i'm all for having another PG.

i was saying that what your FO did and last year u guys drafted 4 PG and now u want to add another one in John Wall wat about Flynn? Face it the T'Wolves dont knw wat they want to do.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:18 PM

Al is really a PF and Noah defense at center will offset Al lack of D with his offense. Noah is really a center he doesnt have the PF skill set, thats why we want to put Noah next to a Jefferson, Amare, Boozer, or Bosh. All good fits in the front court.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Your kind of overrating Al Jeff a bit, of course it's normal since ur a wolves fan but anyway...

al jeff is a 17 and 9 player right now. He's gotten worse since his injury and he's a defensive liability.

And i was about to say Ryan Hollins defensively reminds me a bit of Camby. I don't think it's really him being good or not, i think he might need a little more playing time.

Leaning your faith on hoping a guy will be good in the draft then a proven young talent would usually be a big mistake. Also How does Deng have an attitude problem? What makes you say that?

And i think if Deng was the number one scoring option, he can do a lot of damage. Yes dominate bigman are hard to come by, but my point is, Al Jeff is NOT that dominate bigman to lead the wolves.

Jefferson is just now getting back to full strength. He as put up 18-11 over the last 6 weeks. And Al is a dominant low post scorer, the best in the NBA. I am not trading that for Deng and his contract dude. Not if I am Kahn. No way
anyways, its apparent none of you actually watch the Wolves, so I am done defending. Peace

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:19 PM

As much as i like Love, no you didn't lol.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM

Jefferson to me is more of a PF, he's not really a legit center at all imo.

Baldyy
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
i was saying that what your FO did and last year u guys drafted 4 PG and now u want to add another one in John Wall wat about Flynn? Face it the T'Wolves dont knw wat they want to do.

I don't care if Chris Paul or Derron Williams is my point guard if I have an opportunity to get Wall I take him.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't care if Chris Paul or Derron Williams is my point guard if I have an opportunity to get Wall I take him.

:facepalm: no no no no no

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:22 PM
And Al is a dominant low post scorer, the best in the NBA.

i stopped at there and just spitted my mountain dew all over my computer screen -_-

Mauersota
02-16-2010, 06:23 PM
i stopped at there and just spitted my mountain dew all over my computer screen -_-

Damn apparently it didn't short out.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:24 PM

WRONG. If you had the one pick while having deron or paul, you either have 3 options...

1. you look for in the draft the best other talent available that's not a point guard.

2. You trade the pick for a very good player in another position.

3. You trade paul or deron for another star in another position.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
you obviously know a lot about the Wolves. And if they get the #1 pick your god damn right he will draft a PG. Johnson is already labeled old, he aint staying. And if we get a top 3 pick, right now, its Wall, Turner, Johnson. McHale is no longer GM bro.

Yeah now u have a guy who is in love with PG's and no Mayo is going to be a stud in this league and one of the best SG's in the league.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Damn apparently it didn't short out.

shockingly it didn't, and it's also a good thing im using my friend's old computer instead of mine :D

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:25 PM
WRONG. If you had the one pick while having deron or paul, you either have 3 options...

1. you look for in the draft the best other talent available that's not a point guard.

2. You trade the pick for a very good player in another position.

3. You trade paul or deron for another star in another position.

clearly he thinks Wall is going to be better than Paul and Williams.

Baldyy
02-16-2010, 06:27 PM

Never said that, if you have a player as talented as Wall you can put him in at #1 or #2, I never said he would start over Paul or Williams.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:27 PM

that is possible, im a huge wall fan. But that's not really the point.

The point is, when you already set your star point guard down, you don't look for another great point guard unless your starting lineup is completely set and your just looking for depth.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Never said that, if you have a player as talented as Wall you can put him in at #1 or #2, I never said he would start over Paul or Williams.

so then what? Backup? A player like wall would leave the team in the second his contract expires if he's treated like that.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
that is possible, im a huge wall fan. But that's not really the point.

The point is, when you already set your star point guard down, you don't look for another great point guard unless your starting lineup is completely set and your just looking for depth.

yeah the key to the draft is to fill spots on the team u are weak in or upgrade at not to stack at when u clearly have one of the best PG's in the league at the age of 25 or sumtin.

Baldyy
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
so then what? Backup? A player like wall would leave the team in the second his contract expires if he's treated like that.

Once again never said that, in our case we could start Flynn at #1 and Wall at #2, you find a way to fit a player with that kind of talent in.

CHeDDaMaN123
02-16-2010, 06:33 PM
anyways back to the trade. i think deng tyrus and a first round protected pick for al and jawai is a fairly even trade. it fits both teams needs. as a minny fan how could you say that you wouldnt want a first rd. pick. hell its an asset. might as well. honestly as a fan of a mediocre team over the last 5 years wouldnt you as a bulls fan and a wolves fan like to shake things up. whats the worst that can happen. personally id just like to see a change of my team a little bit. you as twolves fans wouldnt? oh, and banking on the draft lottery and its players is such a weak argument.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Once again never said that, in our case we could start Flynn at #1 and Wall at #2, you find a way to fit a player with that kind of talent in.

that wouldnt be a good back court and wat about Rubio? Might as well jus trade Flynn to New York for Wilson Chandler and Rubio to the Suns for somebody.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
anyways back to the trade. i think deng tyrus and a first round protected pick for al and jawai is a fairly even trade. it fits both teams needs. as a minny fan how could you say that you wouldnt want a first rd. pick. hell its an asset. might as well. honestly as a fan of a mediocre team over the last 5 years wouldnt you as a bulls fan and a wolves fan like to shake things up. whats the worst that can happen. personally id just like to see a change of my team a little bit. you as twolves fans wouldnt? oh, and banking on the draft lottery and its players is such a weak argument.

thank u

Hoopsadvocate
02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
phew... While i dont believe Wade would go to Chicago if that trade would have gone through i would have been a bit worried... Jefferson/wade/rose would be a scary trio for years.

Baldyy
02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
that wouldnt be a good back court and wat about Rubio? Might as well jus trade Flynn to New York for Wilson Chandler and Rubio to the Suns for somebody.

What makes you say that's not a good back court, Wall is more of a scorer than a passer so the #2 would suit him just fine.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 06:37 PM

Flynn
Brewer
Deng
Tyrus
Love

Love is not a Center. He just isn't.

CHeDDaMaN123
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
seriously get back on topic. who cares about hypothetical draft picks. john wall could get run over by a bus tomaro.

CHeDDaMaN123
02-16-2010, 06:39 PM

i think hollins would be your center and tyrus off the bench

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:40 PM

D-Lee isnt a center either and he not complaining and Love is better than Lee i think and taller. But thats not the point that trade alone with a 1st round pick would have gave Minny a world of trade ability.

Baldyy
02-16-2010, 06:40 PM
seriously get back on topic. who cares about hypothetical draft picks. john wall could get run over by a bus tomaro.

Hah yeah I think there's already a thread for our argument on weather to take best available or biggest need when drafting, it might be in NFL forum I don't know if there's one in the NBA forum.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:41 PM

that would jus crush Nets and Wizard fans.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:41 PM

Love can play center, even nba.com listed him a PF/C. He's the same height and the same weight as al jeff! If Al jeff can play center, so can love.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Somebody said they heard the Bulls are looking to refining the trade and contemplating adding a 1st round pick. Looks like the Bulls are trying to go hard.

Baldyy
02-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Somebody said they heard the Bulls are looking to refining the trade and contemplating adding a 1st round pick. Looks like the Bulls are trying to go hard.

Any source? I know that this has been speculated here on the forums, but is there any truth to this actually being discussed?

L@ker4Life
02-16-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't get how everybody is on Walls nutz when he hasn't done one thing in the NBA. The kid is just a prospect until he proves he is able to adapt to the NBA. How many draft busts have we seen over the years??

Wisdom Listens
Love can play center, even nba.com listed him a PF/C. He's the same height and the same weight as al jeff! If Al jeff can play center, so can love.

Now that's a great argument. Because Jefferson can play center (debatable), so can Love, because they're pretty much the same height and weight. Have you ever even seen Love play 1 game?

Just brilliant.

Teeboy1487
Surprising that they turned that down. I think love can play center.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Now that's a great argument. Because Jefferson can play center (debatable), so can Love, because they're pretty much the same height and weight.

Just brilliant.

All i said was that love CAN play center, however, just like al jeff, he would not be a legit center nor be as good as he would be at PF.

CHeDDaMaN123
02-16-2010, 06:52 PM
i think this is about as fair as a trade could get. bulls shouldnt do any more than add 1st rd pick to sweeten deal, and maybe then should get 2nd rd pick back. this trade benefits both teams, kinda like the love for mayo trade. and also for every tyrus thomas incident report that can be found, there can also be one found about how the bulls have jerked him around. i actually still think he could be a very good 6th man. he came into basketball late, the bulls didnt have patience, he could be someones diamond in the ruff as a 6th man. from a bulls fan perspective though, he was never going to work here. not enough minutes.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Now that's a great argument. Because Jefferson can play center (debatable), so can Love, because they're pretty much the same height and weight. Have you ever even seen Love play 1 game?

Just brilliant.

I see u didnt see my post that D-Lee plays center and is shorter than Love?

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Any source? I know that this has been speculated here on the forums, but is there any truth to this actually being discussed?

i jus told u somebody said meaning i dont have a source.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:57 PM

Not to mention that Blair is 6'6 but plays center and he seems to play great on that.

Chronz
02-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Not to mention that Blair is 6'6 but plays center and he seems to play great on that.

Blair is a PF, Duncan is their Center

Stunner
02-16-2010, 06:59 PM

But Blair is tough enough to play C. Hell Magic Johnson played Center once. lol

Chronz
02-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Sell low thats a good deal Deng production is going to be missed, two young talents for 1, thats a good deal Deng is like 24 and Tyrus is 23. I do if they look at this trade again and Bulls add 1st round pick this deal gets done.

Yea but Al Jefferson could fetch more when hes playing healthy, remember this was the guy who was traded for KG.

Phat Pat 94
02-16-2010, 07:01 PM
i jus told u somebody said meaning i dont have a source.

thanks. that helped a lot.

moving on, im pissed as a wolves fan, ALJeff is good, but deng is a good talented SF like athe last article said we needed and tyrus is an athlete that we could use off the bench. im puzzled, especially if this "someone" is right and they throw in a pick.

JNA17

Yet Blair has played center a lot and still at 6'6 it's pretty damn great if you ask me.

Baldyy

Height isn't the only factor, look at Dirk and other shooting big men.

Chronz
Solid doesnt match elite. Deng is having one of his best seasons and this is a down year for Al J.

Phat Pat 94
02-16-2010, 07:02 PM

did u win the mock deadline? that twolves roster makes me wanna :drooll: nice job!

Chronz
02-16-2010, 07:03 PM
As much as i like Love, no you didn't lol.
I never thought Mayo would be the better pro, Love is definitely the better player

Stunner
thanks. that helped a lot.

moving on, im pissed as a wolves fan, ALJeff is good, but deng is a good talented SF like athe last article said we needed and tyrus is an athlete that we could use off the bench. im puzzled, especially if this "someone" is right and they throw in a pick.

It was a Minny fan who made it up if it helps. :rolleyes:

Legitimate
I wonder what ever happenned to Al Jeff, people were callin' him an elite player, now he is strugglin'...hmm..maybe the emergence of Love is the reason i do not know.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Solid doesnt match elite. Deng is having one of his best seasons and this is a down year for Al J.

So Al J is elite? not now but later in his career and not in that system, with Love taking all his rebounds.

Chronz
02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Yet Blair has played center a lot and still at 6'6 it's pretty damn great if you ask me.

Im pretty sure every lineup Blair has been involved in, has had either Duncan or Theo on the floor. And teams dont put their PF's on Duncan.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:06 PM

Obviously you would have to watch Love play to know what I'm talking about. Height is not the only factor which determines a players role on the court. If Love is our starting center night in and night out, we have a problem.

Chronz
02-16-2010, 07:07 PM
So Al J is elite? not now but later in his career and not in that system.
I agree that him and Love cannot coexist without getting exposed defensively but Al Jefferson WILL play better this time next year. Why would you settle for a trade right now? Its not like players like Deng dont come around often, how often are great bigmen available?

As for the rebounding comment thats not how GM's see things. If his rebounding is enhanced by lack of teammates then its not really accomplishing anything. Teams try to account for this as best they can to come up with a true rebounding%.

Like when D-Rob started playing with Rodman, his own rebounding stats fell but because the teams defensive rebounding was so much better with both of them on the floor, it didnt matter.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Obviously you would have to watch Love play to know what I'm talking about. Height is not the only factor which determines a players role on the court. If Love is our starting center night in and night out, we have a problem.

Listen here man the point of the trade is how your roster will look for half of the season. In the offseason you go draft yourself a Center or a sign a big man or trade one of your many 1st round picks to get a good Center, are u keeping up with me. Think about the big picture bro.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 07:10 PM
I agree that him and Love cannot coexist without getting exposed defensively but Al Jefferson WILL play better this time next year. Why would you settle for a trade right now? Its not like players like Deng dont come around often, how often are great bigmen available?

As for the rebounding comment thats not how GM's see things. If his rebounding is enhanced by lack of teammates then its not really accomplishing anything. Teams try to account for this as best they can to come up with a true rebounding%.

Like when D-Rob started playing with Rodman, his own rebounding stats fell but because the teams defensive rebounding was so much better with both of them on the floor, it didnt matter.

Deng is highly underrated in the league, thats all i have to say. I think Deng is smart enought to grasp the triangle system, wat if a new player or draft player cant get the system and sucks, then u are outta luck wishing and hoping on who might be available.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:11 PM
I never thought Mayo would be the better pro, Love is definitely the better player

I agree Love in the better player overall, but what also should be taken into account pertaining to the Mayo/Love trade is the Wolves also received Mike Miller, who was a main staple in the trade with the Wizards which gave the Wolves the Wizards 1st round pick and the rights to Ricky Rubio.

ldc62
02-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Big Men like Al are valued... but the T'wolves have K.Love. This trade kinda works out for both sides, but Kahn is an idiot.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Listen here man the point of the trade is how your roster will look for half of the season. In the offseason you go draft yourself a Center or a sign a big man or trade one of your many 1st round picks to get a good Center, are u keeping up with me. Think about the big picture bro.

No. Could you repeat that?

Chronz
02-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Does anyone ever see Rubio playing for Minny?

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:18 PM

Maybe not, but he would still hold value if the Wolves decided to move him.

Mauersota
02-16-2010, 07:18 PM

Yes, unless Kahn bends someone over.

Baldyy
02-16-2010, 07:20 PM

I don't see it, I hope we just get good value for him in a trade.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 07:23 PM

doubt it, which is why the wolves need to find a team to trade him to.

UK Ivy
02-16-2010, 07:23 PM
If I were the Bulls I wouldnt do it, I believe Deng is much more serviceable for our needs, and who would replace him honestly in our future. I still would rather get Boozer and Johnson and still have Deng around, meaning The Lakers need try harder in finding someone for hinrichs contract.

Id rather have

Rose
Johnson
Deng
Boozer
Noah

than

Rose
Johnson
?
AJ
Noah

Kakaroach
02-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Deng+Thomas for Jefferson? Both are decent but not worth Big Al. They would have to add in another piece.

CHeDDaMaN123
02-16-2010, 07:25 PM
id say deng is on par with al as far as talent goes. how many sf average 7.5 rebs per game? and you guys want danny grangers .406% fgp. deng is just starting to incorporate the 3pt shot. he hasnt taken that many but hes shooting 41% and his fg% is pretty good for a sf. and you get tyrus and a mid first rd pick, and fill a position of need clearly when its not working the way it is. its worth a shot. your not gonna get any more than this for al, thats a given. this trade is definatly worth the risk on both ends. which i would actually say is higher for the bulls imo.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Deng+Thomas for Jefferson? Both are decent but not worth Big Al. They would have to add in another piece.

like Brewer or Wayne.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:28 PM
doubt it, which is why the wolves need to find a team to trade him to.

They don't need to do anything. The Wolves hold his rights forever, and they won't trade those rights until they get an offer which blows them out of the water. There is absolutely no rush to do anything with Rubio, and very little reason to think he won't come play for the Wolves once his contract in Spain runs up, as he won't have any other options if he still wants to play in the NBA.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
like Brewer or Wayne.

Maybe if Kahn was ********.

PurpleJesus
02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
in a thread yesterday, everyone was dissin the wolves because an article on yahoo said that they were going to trade Al Jefferson, now it comes out that the wolves turned down a deal involving al jefferson, and everyone thinks they are stupid for that.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
They don't need to do anything. The Wolves hold his rights forever.

is that true? Doesn't his rights expire in 3 or 4 seasons?

Stunner
Maybe if Kahn was ********.

but he is ********.

PurpleJesus
like Brewer or Wayne.

he was saying the bulls would have to throw in more.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah now u have a guy who is in love with PG's and no Mayo is going to be a stud in this league and one of the best SG's in the league.

Mayo is one dimensional dude. He is a shooter. He doesn't get to the line, he doesn't distribute, he doesn't rebound, he is a good defender on the ball. He is your run of the mill starting SG on a good team.
Love will be a league leader in rebounds, is a great passer, and will average 18-19 ppg. So is the 4 ppg dropoff from Love to Mayo worth missing the 13 rebounds, and incredible outlet/halfcourt passing ability of Love? Don't think so

Wisdom Listens
but he is ********.

In your reality, yes.

Chronz
but he is ********.

If even a ****** would decline this trade, so what does that say about you thinking its a good one for them?

PS Ive actually created a thread titled "Kahn is a tool" so its not like Im not trying to be objective.

Wisdom Listens

He knows that, he's just being a smartass.

PurpleJesus
02-16-2010, 07:34 PM
but he is ********.

how so? dont give me the drafted 4 point guard crap...he drafted Rubio, then drafted Flynn as insurance incase Rubio did what he did...then before lawson was picked, he traded that pick to Denver for CHA's pick this year...then he traded the 2nd round pick before Calathes was drafted for a 2nd round pick this year...then, seeing as how we only had one point guard on the roster, he signed sessions to a very reasonable deal...there wasnt one stupid thing about what he did in the draft

I think you are just calling Kahn ******** because the Bulls dont have al jefferson right now.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 07:34 PM

like wat more Deng , Tyrus and 2010 1st round pick is more than fair in wat Minny needs, wat would u give up for Al ?

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:37 PM
wat would u give up for Al ?

Kind of a pointless question to ask a Wolves fan considering we have Kevin Love.

PurpleJesus
id say deng is on par with al as far as talent goes. how many sf average 7.5 rebs per game? and you guys want danny grangers .406% fgp. deng is just starting to incorporate the 3pt shot. he hasnt taken that many but hes shooting 41% and his fg% is pretty good for a sf. and you get tyrus and a mid first rd pick, and fill a position of need clearly when its not working the way it is. its worth a shot. your not gonna get any more than this for al, thats a given. this trade is definatly worth the risk on both ends. which i would actually say is higher for the bulls imo.

Kahn never offered Al for Granger...that hole story had nothing to suggest he had...its like someone in PSD claiming a trade is going to happen, but they dont have a link

Kakaroach
like Brewer or Wayne. Did you miss the part about when I said that wasn't worth Big Al lol?

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 07:38 PM
short term memories dominate this board. Um, Jefferson was a 22/11 big man for the past 2 season before his injury, and is showing signs of that now. This time next year, I dont want an underachieving TT, and Deng, who is at his peak at 18/7, while I am watching Jefferson go for 24/11 in Chicago.
Essentially, a healthy Al should fetch more than a 3rd tier SF, and a headcase who can jump well

PurpleJesus
02-16-2010, 07:38 PM
like wat more Deng , Tyrus and 2010 1st round pick is more than fair in wat Minny needs, wat would u give up for Al ?

no, obviously we would need a PG too.

Southsideheat
02-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Deng and Noah for Bosh, not for Jefferson.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 07:41 PM
how so? dont give me the drafted 4 point guard crap...he drafted Rubio, then drafted Flynn as insurance incase Rubio did what he did...then before lawson was picked, he traded that pick to Denver for CHA's pick this year...then he traded the 2nd round pick before Calathes was drafted for a 2nd round pick this year...then, seeing as how we only had one point guard on the roster, he signed sessions to a very reasonable deal...there wasnt one stupid thing about what he did in the draft

I think you are just calling Kahn ******** because the Bulls dont have al jefferson right now.

U minny fans kill me before this gets off subject i really thouhgt he was talking about Minny putting more in , and plus im one of the few Bulls fans that wanted this trade to happpen most of the Bulls fans dont want big Al on this team, so before u guys get on your high horse and praise your GM, the Bulls are in a better spot to improve cuz we are in the East, u guys are hampering a talent in Sessions and letting him being a backup should have jus let him go to New York so he can start and be a stud. your system is a joke over there and none of your players knw how to excute it right. the only real PF we would really want in reality of the Wolves is Love. Al plays no defense and his mid range jump is equal to Tyrus Thomas. Kahn is ******** and u knw it. Us Bulls fans are not worried about wats going to happen to our team as much as u guys are thinking about when u are going to make the playoffs again. We knw Tyrus is crap and you guys are underrating Deng but u are Overrating Al to the fullest when he was on a team and the only option on his team and no other rebounding help.

CHeDDaMaN123
02-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Kahn never offered Al for Granger...that hole story had nothing to suggest he had...its like someone in PSD claiming a trade is going to happen, but they dont have a link

i didnt mean bc the trade rumors. someone was toting theyd rather wait it out for granger not too long ago. either way, point being deng mid first rd and tyrus for al is fair. im surprised you guys dont agree. if not i guess it back to the same old teams lol. i just think it be a good shake up for both orgs. moot point. in the deal youd be getting back assets that are at least equal to what your giving up, whether its wanted or not is a diff. question lol.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 07:45 PM

actually that did happen but the pacers declined. I'll show a link in a few minutes

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:45 PM
i really thouhgt he was talking about Minny putting more in

Then that shows you overrate your own players, and squashes any of your remaining credibility in this discussion.

PurpleJesus
02-16-2010, 07:46 PM
U minny fans kill me before this gets off subject i really thouhgt he was talking about Minny putting more in , and plus im one of the few Bulls fans that wanted this trade to happpen most of the Bulls fans dont want big Al on this team, so before u guys get on your high horse and praise your GM, the Bulls are in a better spot to improve cuz we are in the East, u guys are hampering a talent in Sessions and letting him being a backup should have jus let him go to New York so he can start and be a stud. your system is a joke over there and none of your players knw how to excute it right. the only real PF we would really want in reality of the Wolves is Love. Al plays no defense and his mid range jump is equal to Tyrus Thomas. Kahn is ******** and u knw it. Us Bulls fans are not worried about wats going to happen to our team as much as u guys are thinking about when u are going to make the playoffs again. We knw Tyrus is crap and you guys are underrating Deng but u are Overrating Al to the fullest when he was a team and the only option on his team and no other rebounding help.

I just dont get it, Kahn is ******** because he didnt let another team pickup a good PG? Kahn snagged this PG that you claim can be a stud, and because Sessions isnt starting for another team that makes Kahn stupid?...I dont think you understand assets or value. Plenty of teams all over the league are craving for a young PG, that makes Sessions a very valuable asset to us...same with Rubio and Flynn

JNA17
02-16-2010, 07:46 PM
here's one link, although it's not really the one that i showed before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jeffersongranger011010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

BTownTeamsRKing
02-16-2010, 07:48 PM
not enough for Big AL.

he is the best young offensive post player in the league.

Deng is a unique talent and tyrus is an athletic freak, but Big AL's dont come around often.

Plus remember this is what they have left along with Ryan Gomes from the KG trade.

if im minny, i say helllllll noooooooooo.

a fair deal would be:
Deng, Noah, 1st round pick.

PurpleJesus
02-16-2010, 07:48 PM
actually that did happen but the pacers declined. I'll show a link in a few minutes

"I spoke to [Pacers president] Larry Bird in person Friday in between our shootarounds for 20 minutes," says Kahn, "and neither player's name was ever mentioned." Moreover, as he has said in the past, he has "no intention of trading any of our core players this season."

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2010/01/david_kahn_i_ne.php

Stunner
02-16-2010, 07:49 PM
I just dont get it, Kahn is ******** because he didnt let another team pickup a good PG? Kahn snagged this PG that you claim can be a stud, and because Sessions isnt starting for another team that makes Kahn stupid?...I dont think you understand assets or value. Plenty of teams all over the league are craving for a young PG, that makes Sessions a very valuable asset to us...same with Rubio and Flynn

thats true but while he was doing that he could have gotten other pieces to fit the team, and i bet u would have been better than u are now.

PurpleJesus
02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
here's one link, although it's not really the one that i showed before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jeffersongranger011010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

theres just nothing out there that proves that happened, no quotes from Larry Legend, and no quotes from David Kahn...however, there are plenty of direct quotes from Kahn debunking the trade rumor

PurpleJesus
02-16-2010, 07:52 PM
thats true but while he was doing that he could have gotten other pieces to fit the team, and i bet u would have been better than u are now.

better than we are now, yes, better in 2-3 years? no...Rubio was the highest ranked player on the board, therefore you draft him...for a team like Mn. that is in full rebuilding mode, it would be foolish to not select Rubio

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Well maybe you should send the Wolves an application, then. Since you seem to think you can do better.

Honestly though, Kahn hasn't made 1 move yet that left me scratching my head, and he is always honest and upfront with the public of his intentions and thought process.

CHeDDaMaN123
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
not enough for Big AL.

he is the best young offensive post player in the league.

Deng is a unique talent and tyrus is an athletic freak, but Big AL's dont come around often.

Plus remember this is what they have left along with Ryan Gomes from the KG trade.

if im minny, i say helllllll noooooooooo.

a fair deal would be:
Deng, Noah, 1st round pick.

:facepalm:
your an idiot. throw in the 1st rd pick unprotected and it sounds good. lmao. al is coming off knee surgery too and isnt completly healthy as many of you suggest where as deng is completely healthy. not to mention knee surgeries have been known for a long time to make a player much less effective. your giving up risk with that as well. i think its a fair deal, and i know if you were tryin to trade al it woudlnt be possible to get anythin better, talent, assett and need wise.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 07:55 PM
BLAH BLAH nice to talk about AL in all but looks like the Bulls are trying to bum rush the Raptors for Bosh. See u later.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:56 PM
your an idiot.

Fail.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
BLAH BLAH nice to talk about AL in all

I wish I could say the same. Really do.

DRE'-MAC
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Houston Trades: T-Mac, Brian Cook, Joey Dorsey, Future 1st round pick
Houston Receives: Al Jefferson, Brian Cardinal, Sergio Rodriguez, Kenny Thomas

Chicago Trades: Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Jerome James
Chicago Receives: Tracy McGrady, Brian Cook, Houston future 1st round pick

Minnesota Trades: Al Jefferson, Brian Cardinal
Minnesota Receives: Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Joey Dorsey

Sacramento Trades: Sergio Rodriguez, Kenny Thomas
Sacramento Receives: Jerome James

Mauersota
02-16-2010, 07:59 PM
BLAH BLAH nice to talk about AL in all but looks like the Bulls are trying to bum rush the Raptors for Bosh. See u later.

Let's see Bosh for half a season then a UFA, Al Jefferson signed for three more years after this one.

Southsideheat
02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Jefferson hasn't even fully recovered from injury yet, if ever. He won't be the elite player everyone thought he'd be.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Let's see Bosh for half a season then a UFA

He does have a player option for 2010-11, I believe. And Chicago is relatively close to his home in Toronto.

Mauersota
02-16-2010, 08:06 PM
He does have a player option for 2010-11, I believe. And Chicago is relatively close to his home in Toronto.

I also believe if he opts out he would be able to make more money, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Jefferson hasn't even fully recovered from injury yet, if ever. He won't be the elite player everyone thought he'd be.

It's way too early to say he won't regain his pre-injury form. Nobody expected him to be 100% until after this off-season, anyways. When healthy, Jefferson is one of the better low post players in the league. No doubt about that.

Stunner
02-16-2010, 08:10 PM
I also believe if he opts out he would be able to make more money, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

if he is traded the Bulls will own his Bird Rights and will be able to offer him more money.

Mauersota
02-16-2010, 08:11 PM
if he is traded the Bulls will own his Bird Rights and will be able to offer him more money.

True, but there can always be a sign and trade. He can try to force the Bulls hands.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 08:12 PM

More than 17+?

Mauersota
02-16-2010, 08:14 PM
More than 17+?

Well the issue is for more then just one year though. Because of the CBA issues he should want to get a new deal this winter.

tMoNEy24
02-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Thats a good offer for al jeff.. Hmmm

Phat Pat 94
02-16-2010, 08:54 PM
oh my gos as a wolves fan im still wondering why we didnt accept this. thomas is an animal physically

PurpleJesus
02-16-2010, 09:00 PM
oh my gos as a wolves fan im still wondering why we didnt accept this. thomas is an animal physically

and yet he is a kitten on the basketball court

IversonIsKrazy
02-16-2010, 09:02 PM
i dont understand why the Bulls are rumored to trade away Deng in multiple scenarios. W/o him, we would have a starting sg/sf spot of Hinrich and Salmons with Devin Brown and James Johnson as our leading back-ups. That is just awful, this is the reason why i wanted to keep Gordon, if we kept him, it would be so easy to trade either them because we would still have one decent sg/sf, but now that he left, we cant really trade any of our swingmen.

IversonIsKrazy
02-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Houston Trades: T-Mac, Brian Cook, Joey Dorsey, Future 1st round pick
Houston Receives: Al Jefferson, Brian Cardinal, Sergio Rodriguez, Kenny Thomas

Chicago Trades: Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Jerome James
Chicago Receives: Tracy McGrady, Brian Cook, Houston future 1st round pick

Minnesota Trades: Al Jefferson, Brian Cardinal
Minnesota Receives: Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Joey Dorsey

Sacramento Trades: Sergio Rodriguez, Kenny Thomas
Sacramento Receives: Jerome James

THat trade actually looks great for all teams. But Minny clearly doesnt want to trade Big Al lol.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 09:04 PM
jeez can't believe there's 150 posts in this topic lol

mr.awesome
02-16-2010, 09:07 PM
wow i might have done that trade easily,but then again i wouldn't be suprised to see it offered again with a 1st rounder this time.

Phat Pat 94
02-16-2010, 09:21 PM
and yet he is a kitten on the basketball court

wouldnt say that. ive been to a bulls game where he dominated, might have been an oasis type game tho

boeknows
02-17-2010, 01:43 AM

Gerald Green was an animal physically too. Sometimes its the mental part of the game that players lack.