PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Waive Ricky Davis

Fresno
02-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Clippers waived Ricky Davis.

The newly acquired Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw (once he gets healthy) make Davis completely unnecessary. The Clippers also had to clear a roster spot, so Davis is the one that goes. He's still only 30 and will probably pop up somewhere as a gunner off the bench.

Rotoworld

What happened to this guy? He literally went from the #1 option on a god awful Cavs team, to a 6th Man on an average team, to a starter on a mediocre T'Wolves team, and then was traded for a 1st Round Pick to a Miami team where he became the #1 option on a NBDL team.

Hes the prime example of how being a poor locker room person can ruin your career despite your great talent, I have no doubts he could still put up 18 PPG in the NBA but hes lost his opportunity due to his character to be a valued option on a team.

Ricky Davis Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF7h3VZ3ZFI)

kEviN21
02-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Young Buck's twin.

He's pretty much a poor man's Marquis Daniels which isn't much at all. Maybe someone like the Warriors will pick him up cheap?

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:24 PM
OKC maybe?

mgsports
02-16-2010, 04:29 PM
They could have Trade him and got a Draft Pick in return.

cheezinmypocket
02-16-2010, 04:31 PM
There's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Atticus Finch
02-16-2010, 04:32 PM
The only highlight of Ricky Davis's worth mentioning is the fact that he threw the ball off his own team's backboard in hopes of notching a triple double as time was expiring (he had 9 rebounds). The guy always has been and always be garbage. Getting released by the clippers is a pretty good sign its time to call it quits.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Ricky "Triple Double" Davis ;)

Bob_at_york
02-16-2010, 04:36 PM
The only highlight of Ricky Davis's worth mentioning is the fact that he threw the ball off his own team's backboard in hopes of notching a triple double as time was expiring (he had 9 rebounds). The guy always has been and always be garbage. Getting released by the clippers is a pretty good sign its time to call it quits.

hopeful he does. I am tired of him and really do you want him at the end of your bench polluting your young kids minds?

Tribe
02-16-2010, 04:36 PM

couldnt of said it better....not to mention he was the number 1 option on a team that won around 17 games or so...and had smush parker in the starting lineup at times

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Ricky "Triple Double" Davis ;)

10 TOs, 10 Fouls and 10 Techs a game.

Yep it's true, Davis does the impossible!

SteveNash
02-16-2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw

GOAT

magichatnumber9
02-16-2010, 04:40 PM
**** You Ricky Davis.

Jays Claw
02-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Who? :shrug:

Boston Fanatic
02-16-2010, 04:43 PM
i wouldnt mind seeing him on the celtics. i dont remember him being that bad when he was here plus he is a obviously a sick athlete and we have a good enough group of veterans to hopefully keep him in line

3RDASYSTEM
02-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Was at his crib on draft day...woulda been a damn good 2nd/3rd option behind LEBRON ....guess he didnt watch PIPPEN'S career to closely(not bad to be ROBIN sometimes)

td0tsfinest
02-16-2010, 04:45 PM
thats what happen to him. He's a number one option on a horrible Cavs team, he was nothing much more than a scorer in this league and he didn't even do that well.

magichatnumber9
02-16-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw

GOATBing Bong biggy biggy bong. Zing Zong chili chili Zong.........ahhahhhahahahaaaaaa

fresh prince
02-16-2010, 05:32 PM

Not really the time when he posterized Steve Nash was certainly more memorable..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DigJFIvDM0

But Yea he pretty much sucks now

BTownTeamsRKing
02-16-2010, 05:36 PM
it may sound odd, but id like the Celtics to give him a chance if nothing happens at the deadline

his dunks are ill

Fresno
02-16-2010, 05:41 PM
thats what happen to him. He's a number one option on a horrible Cavs team, he was nothing much more than a scorer in this league and he didn't even do that well.

He averaged around 20/5/5 for a couple seasons in the NBA, although they were on bad teams there isnt that many players in the NBA who put up close to 20/5/5 or at worst 17/4/4 and end up getting exiled from teams almost yearly.

I really would love to know how bad of a locker room personality he is to be sent away by so many teams.

Fresno
02-16-2010, 05:42 PM
i wouldnt mind seeing him on the celtics. i dont remember him being that bad when he was here plus he is a obviously a sick athlete and we have a good enough group of veterans to hopefully keep him in line

The veterans will really bring the best out of you and keep you in line.

Sincerely,

Stephon Marbury.