PDA

View Full Version : Would Anyone Want Elton Brand Now?

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:25 AM
Seeing how Elton Brand has taken a very huge decline, and seeing how horrible his contract really is, does any team, even contenders that would want this guy?

Raph12
02-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Nope lol.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:28 AM
Nope lol.

that's my answer as well lol.

abe_froman
02-16-2010, 03:28 AM
probably not,i cant imagine anyone that would

sixerfixer
02-16-2010, 03:31 AM
No, and yes. Brand's game has NOT fallen, not at all. What has is his constant PT under
Eddie " The Moron " Jordan. Yes Brand can be traded easily. Just for a simular player who is under a simular deal. I mean Detroit can use a PF, and they don't want Rip. So that's doable. And, not only would Washington take Brand in a deal for Arenas, but Washington would take Dalembert and Kapono, and add in Jamison as well. But as is, for an expiring,,I would say no. Not unless Philly sweetens the pot by adding someone like Thad Young, and their 1st round pick.

iggypop123
02-16-2010, 03:37 AM
more people would want vujacic

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:38 AM
more people would want vujacic

salary wise, true lol

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 03:46 AM
elton should've stayed his arse in La La Land with the clippers when they were making improvements a year or so ago........they could've had a very nice squad...I never saw the logic behind going to philly...I know he wanted to be closer to home, but come on man you're a professional player who's top objective should be "winning"

Philly Hammer
02-16-2010, 03:54 AM
no!

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:55 AM
no!

an honest 76ers fan, finally :laugh2:

Fireworld
02-16-2010, 04:17 AM
No. Only because of his contract. He could still be useful as a back up for contending teams. Maybe even a starter on other teams. The Clippers sure dodged this one! But who knows what Davis-Kamen-brand could have accomplished. Might have been something special..

BaustinSali08
02-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Who is Elton Brand?

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Who is Elton Brand?

i think this guy?

http://www.midwestwrestling.com/images9/viswithkingbelt.jpg

BaustinSali08
02-16-2010, 04:24 AM
i think this guy?

http://www.midwestwrestling.com/images9/viswithkingbelt.jpg

:laugh: Suddenly the Sixers are the Ministry of Darkness.

sf-fanatic
02-16-2010, 06:56 AM
id do a package of something like monta and biedrins for iguodala and brand

Philly Hammer
02-16-2010, 07:00 AM
id do a package of something like monta and biedrins for iguodala and brandGo ahead you may not like what you get.

B.JenningsMVP
02-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Isn't that the guy was like amongst one of the best players in the game in like 05-07, but was a dumbass and instead of teaming up with B.Diddy in LA, he moved to philly? Lol, jk

But on a serious note, how good do you think thaat tandem of Davis and Brand would've been along with Kaman???

JNA17
02-16-2010, 08:05 AM
id do a package of something like monta and biedrins for iguodala and brand

:laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
02-16-2010, 09:23 AM
I feel really bad about the way things turned out with Brand. He was (and I think still is) a very talented player. I would have really like to watch him bring his full potential to the 76ers to make the east deeper and the playoffs more interesting.

His number are certainly not as good as they were in Clipperville, but I think there are environments where he coudl still play and potentially put up solid numbers. A return to the Clipps could help, but they have Griffen coming in next year, the Suns may be a good home (Nash seems to get the best out of everybody) and I think with James sharing the floor Brand could do well in a Cavs uniform. And if the Spurs were willing to move Duncan to center, they may be able to get Brand's career back on track.

But because of the size of his contract I think it is unlikely that the 6ers could move him.

Swashcuff
02-16-2010, 09:27 AM
I believe Brand still got game but just not game worthy of the contract he's got. So does anyone want him??? No. Unless Package with a Thad Young.

Stay_Swim
02-16-2010, 09:28 AM
I would. The Bucks could use a guy just like Elton Brand actually. Give Andrew Bogut someone legit down low next to him rebounding. Might actually make my Bucks a little more interesting to watch.

Yankee Lifer
02-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Its really crazy how fast his stock dropped.

mp3
02-16-2010, 10:46 AM
coming from a sixers fan... elton brand still has loads of talent and could easily average 20 a game. I watch him every night and its not his fault he has to play for are wreck of a team. The sixers have no idea what they want to do, they havent even tried to work around brand and still make iggy the main guy when he is a number 2 guy at best. Also eddie jordan is by far the worst coach. half the time he doesnt even start brand. If brand were on the cavs or heat he would be putting up very good numbers.

Young2Kinsler
02-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Brand got what he had coming for what he did to LA. He's as much scum as Boozer.

mp3
02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
yeah the clippers look real good. what they have 13 wins? :clap:

Ray_R
02-16-2010, 11:07 AM
not til hes an expiring

DenButsu
02-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Seeing how Elton Brand has taken a very huge decline, and seeing how horrible his contract really is, does any team, even contenders that would want this guy?

Would I like him on the Nuggets? Sure. But for his current salary? Negative.

All Philly can do at this point is hope he pulls a Kenyon Martin and recovers enough of his former form to ease the financial pain of being burdened with his contract. Because he's basically untradeable at this point, imo.

BooCain
02-16-2010, 11:21 AM
It's funny how a lot of people who just see stats and don't watch the games of these players when they want to talk about a player declining. I think the system that eddie jordan run don't fit what brand do best. his system don't fit any of the players that he's coaching now, so if you ask me eddie jordan is the one in decline because he can't adjust. I would love to see brand back in chicago. That is a place where he would get the post touches he need to be affective. The sixers have uptempo type of players, you can't ask a team that don''t shoot the bal;l well in the half court slowed down sytem to play that way. Send him to chicago, we would love to have him.

DLeeicious
02-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen...not interested in Brand anymore these days.

Fresno
02-16-2010, 02:18 PM
It's funny how a lot of people who just see stats and don't watch the games of these players when they want to talk about a player declining. I think the system that eddie jordan run don't fit what brand do best. his system don't fit any of the players that he's coaching now, so if you ask me eddie jordan is the one in decline because he can't adjust. I would love to see brand back in chicago. That is a place where he would get the post touches he need to be affective. The sixers have uptempo type of players, you can't ask a team that don''t shoot the bal;l well in the half court slowed down sytem to play that way. Send him to chicago, we would love to have him.

Agree 100%. Some people dont realize the difference in systems that Brand switched from in LA where the team for better or for worse was built around Brand and getting Brand his touches in the low post and clearing out to let him go to work.In Philly Brand doesn't fit considering they excel best running the court and their offense doesn't require Brand to get touches. Jordan puts Brand at PF or C and expects him to stay in the 5-10 feet range away from the basket and crash the boards for putbacks. It works for Speights, but it doesn't work for Brand at this point in his career.

I think Brand could be a very good player at maybe 18/9 per game if he was on a team that can give him touches and can allow him to go to work in the low post. Teams like Sacramento, Detroit, and Charlotte make too much sense for him, but I dont think either has the contracts needed to acquire him.

B2theRY
02-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Karmas a *****!

im not a 76 fan or even a brand fan

but he ****ed over the clips to allow him to OPT out than he wouldve resign (A La Boozer with Cleveland years back)

I wish him nothing but an embarassing rest of the career atleast he got his money.

igPay atinLay
02-16-2010, 03:17 PM
elton should've stayed his arse in La La Land with the clippers when they were making improvements a year or so ago........they could've had a very nice squad...I never saw the logic behind going to philly...I know he wanted to be closer to home, but come on man you're a professional player who's top objective should be "winning"

You do know he was a Clipper you put in in your post so you must. The Sixers periodically make the playoffs and aren't in the lottery every single year...how would staying a Clipper prove he wants to win. Its just not a logical thing to say. I would agree the Sixers stink right now but if you are talking about a "winning" organization than the Sixers are much better historically than the Clippers.

Stay_Swim
02-16-2010, 03:25 PM
How can you guys even blame him for leaving the Clippers...lol... the Clippers! Yah geez I can only imagine why Elton Brand didn't want to play with Baron Davis?....um....

Jays Claw
02-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Elton Brand would be a beast if he were in Miami or Chicago.

Omar Little
02-16-2010, 03:34 PM
I would gladly take his talent on the Bulls, not crazy about his contract tho.