PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robinson Would Only Accept a Trade to Lakers, Celtics or Magic

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 02:54 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2010/02/should-knicks-consider-trading.html

N.Y. Daily News: Nate Robinson would only agree to a trade if it means him ending up with the Lakers, Celtics or Magic. With Robinson currently on a one-year contract, he has veto power over any trade.

Chacarron
02-16-2010, 02:57 AM
If he goes anywhere, it would be the Celtics as they have shown interest in him before.

xxcubs22xx
02-16-2010, 02:58 AM
WOW

thats all I have to say.

Thought he had some class

I guess not.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:02 AM
If he goes anywhere, it would be the Celtics as they have shown interest in him before.

this.

Lakerfrk
02-16-2010, 03:03 AM
that's stupid.

THE MTL
02-16-2010, 03:15 AM
He's on a one year contract when he deserved better. I would do the same thing. Maybe not only Boston, LAL, or Orlando. But I would certainly veto a trade to Pacers, Nets, Wolves, Clippers, Warriors, etc.

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 03:18 AM
i thought about nate moving to a contender the other day.....i think all the teams mentioned could use him..........

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:20 AM
i thought about nate moving to a contender the other day.....i think all the teams mentioned could use him..........

not sure a 5'8 SG would fit on a contender.

Raph12
02-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Magic and Lakers won't want him, he might do well off the bench for the Celts IMO.

Derick713
02-16-2010, 03:30 AM
If I'm the Knicks I trade Nate to the Lakers.

Lakers Get-
Eddy Curry
Nate Robinson

Knicks Get-
Jordan Farmar
Sasha Vujacic
Luke Walton

The Knicks would get shooting passing, and youth in return. The Lakers will get cap room faster with Walton off the books.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:32 AM

Lakers Get-
Eddy Curry
Nate Robinson

Knicks Get-
Jordan Jarmar
Sasha Vujacic
Luke Walton

lakers would decline that ****** offer in a second.

Go Dodgers!
02-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Nate won't get traded..

Mavrix
02-16-2010, 03:44 AM
Why not with the Cavs? That's his best chance at getting to the finals at this point.

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 03:51 AM
not sure a 5'8 SG would fit on a contender.

as a backup he would do fine.... eddie house is not a pure PG, neither are any of the backups on the lakers..........

Denver-boy
02-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Who likes this guy????

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:00 AM
as a backup he would do fine.... eddie house is not a pure PG, neither are any of the backups on the lakers..........

yet neither of them are 5'8 or even shorter...

boriquaabe
02-16-2010, 05:29 AM

Lakers Get-
Eddy Curry
Nate Robinson

Knicks Get-
Jordan Farmar
Sasha Vujacic
Luke Walton

The Knicks would get shooting passing, and youth in return. The Lakers will get cap room faster with Walton off the books.

Robinson>>Farmar
Curry(expires next year)===Walton,vujacic(garbage)

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:24 AM
Curry(expires next year)===Walton,vujacic(garbage)

sasha also expires next year, and at least sasha plays and sucks instead of just sucks :D

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:30 AM
He's on a one year contract when he deserved better. I would do the same thing. Maybe not only Boston, LAL, or Orlando. But I would certainly veto a trade to Pacers, Nets, Wolves, Clippers, Warriors, etc.

Why the hell would the Wolves want him.

Hustla23
02-16-2010, 08:00 AM
yet neither of them are 5'8 or even shorter...
Yet, he's better than all of them.

I wish we would have traded Nate last year when his value was higher.

:(

Chronz
02-16-2010, 08:04 AM
So thats why he hasnt been traded, I forgot all about that rule.

cheezinmypocket
02-16-2010, 08:35 AM
WOW

thats all I have to say.

I guess not.

You really thought that this douche had any class?

WOW... thats all I have to say.

Stay_Swim
02-16-2010, 09:25 AM
He could come off the bench for a contender a score in bunches, and probably be pretty happy. The Lakers would never trade for him, but it is interesting to think about.

Double_R
02-16-2010, 09:47 AM
As a Magic fan, I think we should trade some high paid players for him and some other expiring and sign Dwade(who says he would love to play with DH) in the off season... Just wishful thinking

Yankee Lifer
02-16-2010, 10:25 AM
This guy is a clown. Why reward a lowlife like Nate by sending him to a contender. I say put him on the shelf for the rest of the season.
But then again I dont think Ive hated one player as much as him ever.

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 11:23 AM
3 way trade idea! Boom!!!!

- Celtics acquire SG/PG Nate Robinson, PF/SF J.Jefferies, & contract of SG Cuttino Mobley(probably a buyout afterwards).

- Rockets acquire C E.Curry, PF J.Hill, & SG L.Hughes

- Knicks acquire SG's JR Gidden & Ray Allen, and SF T.Mcgrady.

Celtics lineup: Celtics get younger quick with the addition of N.Robinson. Jefferies provides leadership off the bench. Not to mention expiring contract of Cuttino Mobley cuts 9 mill off the salary next season.

C) Perkins/Sheed/S.Williams
PF) Garnett/BigBaby/Scalabrine
SF) Pierce/J.Jefferies
SG) M.Daniels/T.Allen/B.Walker
PG) R.Rondo/N.Robinson/ E.House

Rockets Lineup: *release(buyout) Cook. Rockets acquire an expiring contract with Hughes. Curry, who can be a pretty good center. J.Hill, who's still rare and can become a dominant PF in Adelman's system.

C) E.Curry/D.Anderson/C.Hayes
PF) L.Scola/M.Landry/J.Hill
SF) T.Ariza/C.Budinger/J.Dorsey
SG) S.Battier/L.Hughes/J.Taylor
PG) A.Brooks/K.Lowry/G.Temple

Knicks lineup: (If this was the 5 years ago.. this would of been a playoff caliber lineup). Knicks get over 40 million of expiring contracts with acquisitions Ray Allen & T-Mac.

C) D.Lee/D.Milicic
PF) D.Gallanari/A.Harrington/M.Landry
SF) T.McGrady/W.Chandler
SG) R. Allen/ JR Giddens
PG) C.Duhon/T.Douglass

MaHaRaJaH
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
WOW

thats all I have to say.

I guess not.

What does class have anything to do with his personal choice?

mr.awesome
02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
r u kidding how can nate be a SG for the celts,way to small.HE would be a BENCH player. i would also rather trade for nate than hinrich as a celtics fan

Jay22Redd
02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
3 way trade idea! Boom!!!!

- Celtics acquire SG/PG Nate Robinson, PF/SF J.Jefferies, & contract of SG Cuttino Mobley(probably a buyout afterwards).

- Rockets acquire C E.Curry, PF J.Hill, & SG L.Hughes

- Knicks acquire SG's JR Gidden & Ray Allen, and SF T.Mcgrady.

Celtics lineup: Celtics get younger quick with the addition of N.Robinson. Jefferies provides leadership off the bench. Not to mention expiring contract of Cuttino Mobley cuts 9 mill off the salary next season.

C) Perkins/Sheed/S.Williams
PF) Garnett/BigBaby/Scalabrine
SF) Pierce/M.Daniels/J.Jefferies
SG) N.Robinson/T.Allen/B.Walker
PG) R.Rondo/ E.House

Rockets Lineup: *release(buyout) Cook. Rockets acquire an expiring contract with Hughes. Curry, who can be a pretty good center. J.Hill, who's still rare and can become a dominant PF in Adelman's system.

C) E.Curry/D.Anderson/C.Hayes
PF) L.Scola/M.Landry/J.Hill
SF) T.Ariza/C.Budinger/J.Dorsey
SG) S.Battier/L.Hughes/J.Taylor
PG) A.Brooks/K.Lowry/G.Temple

Knicks lineup: (If this was the 5 years ago.. this would of been a playoff caliber lineup). Knicks get over 40 million of expiring contracts with acquisitions Ray Allen & T-Mac.

C) D.Lee/D.Milicic
PF) D.Gallanari/A.Harrington/M.Landry
SF) T.McGrady/W.Chandler
SG) R. Allen/ JR Giddens
PG) C.Duhon/T.Douglass

Thats a good 50mil you just cleared for NYK

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
r u kidding how can nate be a SG for the celts,way to small.HE would be a BENCH player. i would also rather trade for nate than hinrich as a celtics fan

True.. it just looked like a nice backup.. Maybe you can put M.Daniels at SG or even give Tony Allen a shot at the starting SG position.

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Thats a good 50mil you just cleared for NYK

TMac- 22.8
Allen- 18.8
Giddens- about 1.5

so roughly about 40-45 million.. but i get what your saying.. I think the trade is pretty good; As a knick fan I wish this deal was like 5-7 years ago when Allen & T-Mac were in their prime.

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Not to mention with my trade idea.. I honestly believe Adelman can re-tool the career of Eddie Curry.. make him a player(somewhat like) when he had Chris Webber.. A low post presence he "once was" when he was a Bull.

Dude went from being on the bulls to actually becoming a bull.

mr.awesome
02-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Not to mention with my trade idea.. I honestly believe Adelman can re-tool the career of Eddie Curry.. make him a player(somewhat like) when he had Chris Webber.. A low post presence he "once was" when he was a Bull.

Dude went from being on the bulls to actually becoming a bull.

lol nice explanation

sixer04fan
02-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Who the hell gave that midget a no-trade clause???

MaHaRaJaH
02-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Who the hell gave that midget a no-trade clause???
I'm going to assume it was the Great Genius: Isiah Thomas

1978JETS
02-16-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm going to assume it was the Great Genius: Isiah Thomas

He is on a one year deal so I don't think you can blame Isiah for this one...everything else is his fault though. He is the Omar Minaya of the NBA

RaiderLakersA's
02-16-2010, 01:10 PM

Lakers Get-
Eddy Curry
Nate Robinson

Knicks Get-
Jordan Farmar
Sasha Vujacic
Luke Walton

Not gonna happen. Phil Jackson doesn't like small guards or "gimmicky" unpredictable players.

td0tsfinest
02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
woh someone really thinks highly of themselves.

I don't see him going to the Celtics or Magic but I do think he would work well in the Triangle Offense alongside Kobe. He could even be that scoring punch they need off the bench. And he would be an improvement over the aging Derek Fisher.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-16-2010, 01:21 PM
nate will be a celtic thursday i have a feeling.

mgsports
02-16-2010, 01:27 PM
I say Magic for Gortat,Bass,Vasquez and so on.

mr.awesome
02-16-2010, 01:36 PM

i hope your right ,but i'm not sure the celtics will budge at the asking price if it's not what they want.

ldc62
02-16-2010, 04:02 PM
The guys an idiot. He hasn't played a single playoff game. Has no experience and likes to jack up shots and play 1 on 1. Why would a contender want him? Theres been talk that the Celtics want him, but obviously things aren't working out right now...

1000th Post!

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:04 PM

that will probably happen

Evolution23
02-16-2010, 04:16 PM
The guys an idiot. He hasn't played a single playoff game. Has no experience and likes to jack up shots and play 1 on 1. Why would a contender want him? Theres been talk that the Celtics want him, but obviously things aren't working out right now...

1000th Post!

your Lakers could use him sinse you guys have a semi-weak bench.. he would take farmars spot right away and give you 20 ppg.

Nighthawk
02-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Id be doing the same thing as nate. Love him or hate him he can flat out ball. This year all hes been doing is playing the pine. If i were taked about being traded, id make damn sure im okaying a trade to a good situation.

mjqusoldier
02-16-2010, 04:26 PM

because he would be the best gaurd on your team:facepalm:

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:29 PM

because he's a point guard lol

boeknows
02-17-2010, 01:57 AM
because he would be the best gaurd on your team:facepalm:

He wouldnt even be a starter on our team.

IversonIsKrazy
02-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Hes a underrated competitor, he and D'Antoni got into fight earlier because Nate got very emotional about losing 5 straight, hes an underrated competitor, and i would love to see him on a winning team.