PDA

View Full Version : Trail Blazers get Marcus Camby...

VinceGully
02-16-2010, 02:08 AM
dont have a link but Ric Bucher reports Trail Blazers acquire C Marcus Camby for F Travis Outlaw and G Steve Blake.

EDIT 3:00 A.M.
http://www.examiner.com/x-24705-Portland-Trail-Blazers-Examiner~y2010m2d15-Confirmed-Blazers-trade-Outlaw-and-Blake-for-Marcus-Camby

kntresistheheat
02-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Theres no report on ESPN or nothing are you sure, If its true I think the clipps got better and good pick up for Blazers.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:12 AM
lies!!!!

DRE'-MAC
02-16-2010, 02:13 AM
http://twitter.com/RicBucheR

Source says Clippers have dealt Marcus Camby for Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake. Details and deeper confirmation to follow on the mothership.

abe_froman
02-16-2010, 02:14 AM
so how long until the blazer curse hits camby?

nygiants242
02-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Damn. Would be a pretty beast acquisition for the Blazers. Still, I think the Clips get good value in return.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:15 AM
http://twitter.com/RicBucheR

Source says Clippers have dealt Marcus Camby for Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake. Details and deeper confirmation to follow on the mothership.

lies!!!

lol just kidding, if camby doesn't get injured with the blazers, then i like it.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:15 AM

lol

Master Mind
02-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Just saw it on ESPN

SpursEvolution
02-16-2010, 02:18 AM
Juss saw this on espn! Good pick up for blazers. His experience will help that team tremendously.

kntresistheheat
02-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Just saw it on ESPN

Really???? I have been watching ESPN since 10pm :confused:

IversonIsKrazy
02-16-2010, 02:20 AM
damn, i was hoping Bulls got both of those players for Tyrus and Hinrich :(

Bulls better make a trade now as well, but good trade for the Clips, but i think Blazers could've gotten better.

Chronz
****in idiots, shouldve held out for Batum

JNA17
when roy gets back.

Miller-Roy-Webster-Aldridge-Camby

not bad at all

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 02:21 AM
So thats what those sneaky blazers were up to when they turned down the lakers-blazers-bulls 3 way deal.

I Hate you portland, lol

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 02:22 AM
damn, i was hoping Bulls got both of those players for Tyrus and Hinrich :(

Bulls better make a trade now as well, but good trade for the Clips, but i think Blazers could've gotten better.

Blazers ruined that 3-way deal cuz they didn't want Sasha Vujacic from us (who can blame them)

But the T'wolves would be happy to take Tyrus Thomas off of your hands. Now if only their head coach Kurt Rambis can urger GM Kahn and the owner to take Vujacic. Then we have ourselves a brand new 3-way deal.

JNA17
So thats what those sneaky blazers were up to when they turned down the lakers-blazers-bulls 3 way deal.

I Hate you portland, lol

there was no chance portland would want to trade with a rival.

Lakerfrk
This is a fantastic deal for Portland... great pick-up for them!!!

iggypop123
02-16-2010, 02:23 AM
nice for clipps. now they have to find a way to get rid of thorton. im sure many teams will line up for him.

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 02:25 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4917644

Two struggling teams looked to each other for help on Monday.

The Los Angeles Clippers agreed to trade Marcus Camby to the Portland Trail Blazers for Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake, a source close to the situation told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

The 35-year-old Camby is second in the league in rebounding this season at 12.1 boards per game, to go along with 7.7 points. The Blazers have had a hole in the middle of their lineup since Greg Oden went down with a knee injury in December.

The 6-foot-9 Outlaw is averaging 9.9 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in his seventh season with Portland. Blake, a 6-3 guard, is putting up 7.6 points and 4.0 assists per game. He's coming off a 20-point, 12-assist game in a win over the Suns before the All-Star break.

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 02:28 AM
good move by blazers.....

VinceGully
02-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Blazers ruined that 3-way deal cuz they didn't want Sasha Vujacic from us (who can blame them)

But the T'wolves would be happy to take Tyrus Thomas off of your hands. Now if only their head coach Kurt Rambis can urger GM Kahn and the owner to take Vujacic. Then we have ourselves a brand new 3-way deal.

Why do The Lakers always give up S#!T for good players...

Sadds The Gr8
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35416305/ns/sports-player_news/

here's a link

Very good deal for the blazers...

Showmeyourtds
I love this deal for portland it bridges the gap til Oden returns next year and I pray that they sign Camby again for their sake with their unfortunate prevalence of injuries. The blazers and the thunder are the best up and coming teams to watch play. I hope those two franchises succeed it will be good for the league.

KB24PG16
02-16-2010, 02:34 AM
**** hope the t-wolves take sasha now...

Bulls_fan90
02-16-2010, 02:34 AM

I really hope we dont trade Kirk to you guys. Im sick of the Lakers handing over **** for quality players. I know we need his contract off the books but i just dont want to see him become a Laker.

Derick713
02-16-2010, 02:42 AM
There's got to be a Draft Pick for the Clippers as well. Blake is a good PG but Outlaw is out for the season and may not resign with the Clippers.

Quikdraw
02-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Good move for Portland.

Raph12
02-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Good deal for both sides IMO.

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 03:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4917644

Two struggling teams looked to each other for help on Monday.

The Los Angeles Clippers were in discussions to trade forward-center Marcus Camby to the Portland Trail Blazers for Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

One source close to the situation initially said that the sides had agreed on the deal, but multiple sources later said that the deal was close but not completed. A Clippers source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that the talks were "substantive," while another source told Bucher that the negotiations were on the "goal line" but awaiting owner approval before a trade call with the league is scheduled.

The 35-year-old Camby is second in the league in rebounding this season at 12.1 boards per game, to go along with 7.7 points. The Blazers have had a hole in the middle of their lineup since Greg Oden went down with a knee injury in December.

In a text message to ESPNLosAngeles.com, Camby said that he "hadn't heard anything about it" from either his agent or the Clippers. He has said that he would prefer to remain in Los Angeles, but he understands why his name continues to come up in trade talks.

The 6-foot-9 Outlaw is averaging 9.9 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in his seventh season with Portland. Blake, a 6-3 guard, is putting up 7.6 points and 4.0 assists per game. He's coming off a 20-point, 12-assist game in a win over the Suns before the All-Star break.

The Clippers have lost four straight and are on the outside looking in at the playoff race in the West. The Blazers are clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the West, but star guard Brandon Roy has been nursing injuries and the team has been up and down.

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 03:24 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-cambytrade021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Los Angeles Clippers center Marcus Camby(notes) unknowingly attended his own farewell dinner on Monday night.

The Clippers are on the verge of completing a trade that will send Camby to the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources said, but the veteran center is not happy about the deal. Or the way he learned of it.

The proposed trade, which was first reported by Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, will send Camby to Portland in exchange for forward Travis Outlaw(notes), guard Steve Blake(notes) and cash.

In town in advance of their Tuesday game against the Trail Blazers, the Clippers were having a team dinner at Portland’s Ringside steakhouse Monday night when Camby received a call on his cell phone from Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard. Pritchard informed Camby that he will likely be traded to Portland once the league finalizes the deal on Tuesday.

After taking the call, Camby immediately walked out of the restaurant. A source close to him says he is “very upset” about the trade. He had hoped to re-sign with the Clippers this summer.

“He likes the Clippers, he likes the organization, he likes L.A.,” the source said. “His wife is not happy in L.A. And he’s not one for change. He’s definitely not happy about this.”

Camby isn’t the only one angry.

Said one Clipper: “All the guys are upset because our best defensive player got traded basically for a backup point guard and money.”

Outlaw, 25, played in 11 games this season before breaking his left foot, and the Clippers are unsure when he’ll play again. Blake, 29, is averaging 7.6 points and four assists in 51 games.

The Blazers have been searching for some inside help to deflect the blow of losing centers Greg Oden(notes) and Joel Przybilla(notes). Some in the league also believe Pritchard wants to clear the way for Jerryd Bayless(notes) to get more time in the backcourt with Andre Miller(notes).

The Clippers, meanwhile, also have been shopping forward Al Thornton(notes), who was meeting with his agent Monday in Portland.

Camby, 35, is averaging seven points and 12 rebounds for the Clippers. He is making $9.1 million this season in the final year of his contract. Just last week, he told Yahoo! Sports he hoped the Clippers wouldn’t trade him.

“It feels good to be a wanted man, but I like it here,” Camby said.

Camby left the restaurant without most of his teammates getting a chance to tell him goodbye. He is not believed to have finished his meal.

robdog_5
02-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Why would Camby be upset. Guy can play in Portland (great city) with young team and have a chance to reach playoffs and could re-sign with Clips are go anywhere else in the off-season as Portland likley won't resign him.

tredigs
02-16-2010, 03:34 AM
So the veteran big man and one of the elite defensive bigs in the game gets traded for two worthless players and some cash? And he finds out about it from a phone call after it airs on ESPN.

Dumbleavy strikes again. Unbelievable. That organization truly must hate trying to win.

Fireworld
02-16-2010, 03:36 AM

His plane will crash on his way to Portland. :cry: Sums up the Blazers season.

Mavrix
02-16-2010, 03:36 AM
when roy gets back.

Miller-Roy-Webster-Aldridge-Camby

not bad at all

Meh.

tredigs
02-16-2010, 03:41 AM
Steve Blake must have some DAMN good locker room intangibles, because I have no clue how that guy continues to play in the NBA>

heathonater
02-16-2010, 03:53 AM
good trade for portland if it happens. there were too many sfs here with outlaw, batum, and webster. they hade to trade one of them. and trading blake allows portland to play bayless more. it will be nice to have a true big man on the team. howard has done a great job filling in for oden and pryzbilla, but camby is an upgrade at the center position.

JJ_JKidd
02-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Camby left the restaurant without most of his teammates getting a chance to tell him goodbye. He is not believed to have finished his meal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Apuq8F3gd7PzsSRXBBk6Hhu8vLYF?slug=mc-cambytrade021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Aww man :p

Chronz
02-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Camby wants to be a Clipper then we should keep him, what the hell does this trade do for us?

B.JenningsMVP
02-16-2010, 05:22 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Apuq8F3gd7PzsSRXBBk6Hhu8vLYF?slug=mc-cambytrade021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Aww man :p

That ****ing sucks!

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:48 AM
He said he loves LA which means when his contract expires this season...

Vet min to the lakers anyone? :D

vitamins_
02-16-2010, 06:10 AM
miller and Camby remember them in denver. Those 2 play very well together. That team was leading the league in Ally-oops. YEAHHHH i like this trade alot, hopefully they can get some more playing time for rudy.

Swashcuff
02-16-2010, 09:30 AM
With Blake gone it frees up more time for Bayless. Camby is also a very good addition to this Blazer team. I think they can really make some noise in a 7 game series.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 09:39 AM
With Blake gone it frees up more time for Bayless. Camby is also a very good addition to this Blazer team. I think they can really make some noise in a 7 game series.

That's what I was just about to say... The pick up is a real good one but I think the opening it creates is even better. Andre Miller no longer has to worry about losing his starting spot to Blake and Jerryd Bayless can get solid backup minutes (18-22 a game) which will see him develop into the great player we all know he can be.

Webster gets the majority of his minutes at the 3 but Fernandez or Roy can slide over there when the Blazers play small ball. Camby, being a defensive stopper and great rebounder, can help develop Oden's game as well.

All in all a really nice trade for the Blazers. A pretty meaningless trade for the Clips, since they already have Baron Davis and Sebastien Telfair at point, and Outlaw will more than likely leave in the summer...

$ NyC $
02-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Good Trade for the Blazers. Pretty much garbage for the Clippers. They could have gotten a better piece in return.

arkanian215
02-16-2010, 10:02 AM
nice:clap:

Super.
02-16-2010, 10:18 AM
I like it

Young2Kinsler
02-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Hell if we woulda known Camby was so cheap we coulda offered JJ Barea and Tim Thomas for him... that would be a better deal for the Clips.

What a TERRIBLE move by their front office.

Mave1002
02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
2 things

1. Why would they want Marcus Camby when they have a C-PF rotation?

-THey got Oden-Aldridge-Pryzbilla (even Juwan Howard)
-This could only mean that they finally got sick of Greg Oden being injured all the time
-They couldve kept Travis Outlaw. He's a pretty good role player of the bench
-I thought it was Andre Miller who is rumored to be on the trading block

2. The Clippers have a lot of guards in their rotation, why would they add another PG in Steve Blake?

-BD,Telfair,Collins and B.Brown (add Steve Blake???)
-No room for Outlaw as well, with Butler, Davis, and Novak there

If this deal pushes through, it would benefit neither team especially in the long run. Well maybe Portland if they will be gunning for a playoff spot. But still, it looks pretty senseless to me.

They couldve just traded Rudy F. to the Lakers, for farmar/vujacic/morrison. that wouldve made sense. ;)

Perfect back-up guy for the main man Kobe. That's just me though.

Thoughts?

CTown81
02-16-2010, 10:59 AM
I agree this trade makes little sense for the Clippers but this would be very nice for Blazers...

The PF/C combo you mentioned for Portland are mostly injured.

No Oden or Joel. Portland could really use Camby especially for this season's playoffs.

znick21
02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
2 things

1. Why would they want Marcus Camby when they have a C-PF rotation?

-THey got Oden-Aldridge-Pryzbilla (even Juwan Howard)
-This could only mean that they finally got sick of Greg Oden being injured all the time
-They couldve kept Travis Outlaw. He's a pretty good role player of the bench
-I thought it was Andre Miller who is rumored to be on the trading block

2. The Clippers have a lot of guards in their rotation, why would they add another PG in Steve Blake?

-BD,Telfair,Collins and B.Brown (add Steve Blake???)
-No room for Outlaw as well, with Butler, Davis, and Novak there

If this deal pushes through, it would benefit neither team especially in the long run. Well maybe Portland if they will be gunning for a playoff spot. But still, it looks pretty senseless to me.

They couldve just traded Rudy F. to the Lakers, for farmar/vujacic/morrison. that wouldve made sense. ;)

Perfect back-up guy for the main man Kobe. That's just me though.

Thoughts?

are you serious? the blazers got camby because JUWAN HOWARD has been starting center for them since oden and pryz went down. plus camby is an expiring, meaning they can use him for their playoff run and let him walk in the off-season when oden and pryz come back. i agree this deal doesn't make sense for the clippers, but it was a very good trade for the blazers.

and if you seriously think the lakers could get rudy for the lakers garbage you're an absolute moron.

JordansBulls
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Get deal for Portland. Wonder how far they can go now.

#1Mavericksfan
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Looks like teams are getting ready to battle the Lakers in the playoffs...good trade by the Blazers.

Hellcrooner
02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
very god deal for portland not only because of the adding of a soli big man while they have oden and bayless out.

but because it also Opens a lot of minutes for Bayless and Rudy who were being misused by Mcmillan and some for batum too.