PDA

View Full Version : Lakers-Bulls-Blazers 3-Way Deal Collapses. Minnesota possibly to replace Portland

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 01:51 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/346344-nba-trade-rumors-lakers-blazers-bulls-deal-collapses-minnesota-in-play

If the Los Angeles Lakers are going to make a play for Chicago Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich, they will have to find another team to facilitate the deal for the versatile defender.

The Portland Trailblazers have decided against taking on the contract of guard Sasha Vujacic and reportedly have dropped negotiations.

Despite strong efforts by the Lakers front office to obtain Kirk Hinrich by sending out players Adam Morrison and Sasha Vujacic, the Lakers could not persuade neither the Bulls nor the Trailblazers to take on additional salary in Vujacic's contract, who will make $5.5 million throughout 2011.

The Bulls refused to receive any contracts that would jeopardize their summer cap space. Moreover, the general feeling communicated to Lakers management by the Portland Trailblazers was that they do not need the services of the Slovenian guard.

With trade negotiations between the Lakers and Bulls hitting a stalemate, the Lakers front office is likely to stand pat at this year's Feb. 18 trade deadline if they cannot find a third team to take on an unwanted contract. Lakers owner Jerry Buss is very reluctant to acquire a player that would place additional financial obligations to the luxury taxpaying, defending champion Lakers unless they can remove one of their long-term contracts in Walton or Vujacic.

With that being said, keep an eye out for the Minnesota Timberwolves. As reported by Yahoo Sports Adrian Wojnarowski, the Minnesota Timberwolves are in play for Chicago Bulls athletic forward Tyrus Thomas.

However, with Portland out of the picture, one source indicates that the Lakers plan on reaching out to Minnesota to assist in a three-team deal.

Should Minnesota be willing to facilitate a trade, the parameters, as proposed by Lakers management, would be as followed: The Los Angeles Lakers would receive guard Kirk Hinrich, the Minnesota Timberwolves would receive forward Tyrus Thomas and guard Sasha Vujacic, and the Chicago Bulls would receive the expiring contracts of Adam Morrison, Brian Cardinal, and Sasha Pavlovic, as well as draft considerations.

For Minnesota, Timberwolves general manager David Kahn has long coveted the lanky, athletic forward Thomas and feels the Bulls player would be a solid addition to the Timberwolves' core.

In addition, former Lakers assistant coach and current Timberwolves head coach Kurt Rambis has had prior experience with Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic, and would likely use the Slovenian guard as Corey Brewer's backup in Minnesota's triangle offense. Vujacic would also be called upon to help the younger guards further assimilate the triangle offense.

But most importantly, it is agreed that the Timberwolves could utilize the future expiring contract of Sasha Vujacic at next year's 2011 trade deadline to bring in more talent.

jimbobjarree
02-16-2010, 01:52 AM
haha no suprises there

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Hey, Wolves Head Coach Kurt Rambis (former Laker Assistant Coach) could use a guy who has 5 yrs worth of knowledge of the triangle offense.

td0tsfinest
02-16-2010, 02:00 AM
why is the machine getting paid so much?

Chacarron
02-16-2010, 02:01 AM
I hope this happens and we can finally have our PG!

mikeman0000
02-16-2010, 02:07 AM
Hinrich off the bench?

kblo247
02-16-2010, 02:09 AM

Setting the franchise record in 3pt percentage got him paid.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:10 AM
please for the love of god make it happen :pray:

Ovratd1up
02-16-2010, 02:19 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers would receive guard Kirk Hinrich, the Minnesota Timberwolves would receive forward Tyrus Thomas, guard Sasha Vujacic, and Luol Deng, and draft considerations, the Chicago Bulls would receive the expiring contract of Adam Morrison and Brian Cardinal, as well as Al Jefferson.

:)

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:21 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers would receive guard Kirk Hinrich, the Minnesota Timberwolves would receive forward Tyrus Thomas, guard Sasha Vujacic, and Luol Deng, and draft considerations, the Chicago Bulls would receive the expiring contract of Adam Morrison and Brian Cardinal, as well as Al Jefferson.

like i said....MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE!!!

IversonIsKrazy
02-16-2010, 02:22 AM
Bulls better not do this, Tyrus + Hinrich for Cardinal, Morrison, blah blah blah terrible trade 4 them, they better not accept.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Bulls better not do this, Tyrus + Hinrich for Cardinal, Morrison, blah blah blah terrible trade 4 them, they better not accept.

they get al jefferson too lol

iggypop123
02-16-2010, 02:33 AM
morrison will do a great job of warming up wades bench seat

Where's KG?
02-16-2010, 02:34 AM
they get al jefferson too lol

Ummm...no they dont....thats why I like this deal so much.

Itown in Cali
02-16-2010, 02:36 AM

Would the Bulls rather have AL Harrington? I would think so, unless Minn throws in one of their 1st rounders.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:37 AM
Ummm...no they dont....thats why I like this deal so much.

how in the blue hell would the wolves get deng and tyrus thomas and morrison without giving up al jeff?

Bulls_fan90
02-16-2010, 02:38 AM

Unless Big Al is included i dont want to see it happen.

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 02:40 AM

:confused:

where is the article that talks about Al Jefferson and Luol Deng?

Lakerfrk
02-16-2010, 02:41 AM
Unless Big Al is included i dont want to see it happen.

Isn't the point of this for Chicago to get expirings so that they can make a run at the free agent class?? (Johnson, Wade, Boozer).

xxcubs22xx
02-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Isn't the point of this for Chicago to get expirings so that they can make a run at the free agent class?? (Johnson, Wade, Boozer).

Well, yeah, but...

Losing Hinrich (especially) and Thomas leaves some holes that at least need to be somewhat patched for the rest of the year.

Plus, we'd like to make a nice playoff run...

I hope this trade doesn't go down unless we get big Al

I really really dislike Devin Brown, Jannero Pargo, and Lindsey Hunter because of their below-average play. If they get more minutes for the rest of the season i will flip

I just don't see enough plus out of that trade for the Bulls. They shouldn't do it. We need a bit more substance ON the court, unless we get a high 1st rounder

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Setting the franchise record in 3pt percentage got him paid.

What does your gut feeling say kblo? You think this is going to happen?

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Well, yeah, but...

Losing Hinrich (especially) and Thomas leaves some holes that at least need to be somewhat patched for the rest of the year.

Plus, we'd like to make a nice playoff run...

I hope this trade doesn't go down unless we get big Al

I really really dislike Devin Brown, Jannero Pargo, and Lindsey Hunter because of their below-average play. If they get more minutes for the rest of the season i will flip

I just don't see enough plus out of that trade for the Bulls. They shouldn't do it. We need a bit more substance ON the court, unless we get a high 1st rounder

But that's the thing, they're gonna make the playoffs looking as to how weak the East is (although they one of the better teams in that 5-8th seed), but they're gonna get bounced in the 1st rd by either Cleveland, Orlando, Boston or Atlanta, so it really doesn't matter either way.

They're just gearing up for 2010

Where's KG?
02-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Make sure you read the entire article that started this. It lists the real components of this trade. No Deng or Jefferson included.

NJrockPD
02-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Terrible trade for the Bulls.

yoseppii12
02-16-2010, 02:59 AM
We would have to completely turn this year into the Rose Deng and Noah show because if they do this then I hope the team is completely wiped clean for next year's FA except for rose noah and deng of course...Also if we could get MINN 1st pick then that wouldn't be too bad of a trade I guess, that could give us some more off season trading power or even the ability to get some top recruits like an Xavier Henry.

The only thing is the team would kind of just give up on this year which sucks because we have looked fairly decent the last few months. I guess all we'd be really losing is Hinrich which would mean more minutes for salmons and then devin brown would get more minutes as well. I liked the portland trade more but that fell through so we will see what happens

Bulls_fan90
02-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Make sure you read the entire article that started this. It lists the real components of this trade. No Deng or Jefferson included.

No one said that the article stated Deng nor Al. The reason some people (including myself) bring up trading for Al is because there was an article that stated that the Timberwolves were looking to trade for Tyrus so that they could then unload Jefferson in the summer (for a young talented sf). And Deng is only 24 and seems to fit their needs. But it's all pure speculation.

xxcubs22xx
02-16-2010, 03:08 AM
We would have to completely turn this year into the Rose Deng and Noah show because if they do this then I hope the team is completely wiped clean for next year's FA except for rose noah and deng of course...Also if we could get MINN 1st pick then that wouldn't be too bad of a trade I guess, that could give us some more off season trading power or even the ability to get some top recruits like an Xavier Henry.

The only thing is the team would kind of just give up on this year which sucks because we have looked fairly decent the last few months. I guess all we'd be really losing is Hinrich which would mean more minutes for salmons and then devin brown would get more minutes as well. I liked the portland trade more but that fell through so we will see what happens

Wow; salmons.

Haven't heard his name today. :confused: weird

Just goes to show how these rumors are i guess. :( I'd sure as hell love to see salmons get playing time as long as we move some other pieces in a trade

Back on topic. I don't think that the Bulls should be wiping clean right now. You have got to make your team "better" but at the same time set up for FA cap space. At the moment im hoping that sort of middle ground is reached, where the Bulls do make a trade but they don't end up doing a ton

The Bulls are following a progression here; We are coming off of a year of rookie PG, Head Coach, and 1/2 the season with new pieces. We still managed to give the Celtics one hell of a run for their money. The Bulls are looking to contend on a higher level now. That means we need better players

zambo4president
02-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Bulls laying dead if they do this deal.

Ballah0liC1
02-16-2010, 03:30 AM

vujacic having this nickname is a punch in the face for albert pujols, sorry off topic just had to say

Bullsfan22
02-16-2010, 04:03 AM
that better not happen.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:12 AM
that better not happen.

will you cry if it does?

Bullsfan22
02-16-2010, 04:15 AM
will you cry if it does?

Yes.

SDBearsFan
02-16-2010, 04:16 AM
Trade Hinrich to the Lakers, Deng and Tyrus to the T-Wolves, and get me some Al Jefferson.

Rose - Joe Johnson - John Salmons - Al Jefferson - Joakim Noah

mmmmm

shep33
02-16-2010, 04:17 AM
I actually think this can be good for Chicago, i mean if they take this hit for half a season, they could get Wade (unless Amar'e gets traded there), or maybe even Bosh, James etc. Its a big risk, but this could help them get the extra money to sign someone solid. Cause really this team isn't gonna win the east, and trading Hinrich and Thomas won't kill the franchise. Its tough, Hinrich could make the Lakers better, but he's shooting poorly now and they'll have 4 small guards. I don't think Jefferson is the answer for the Bulls either, they need Bosh, Wade, Amar'e, Joe Johnson, LBJ, to truly be great. I dunno, in reality it won't cost the Bulls as much as they think, they'll still make the playoffs likely, and they won't get by the Atlanta, Orlando, or Cleveland. Maybe just go for it, and with a superstar along side Deng, Noah, and Rose, i think they'll be a top team in the East next year, if not the league.

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Yes.

it's for half a season bro. It's gonna be tough getting out of the 1st round anyways when facing the likes of Boston, Cleveland, Orlando or even Atlanta for that fact. This will benefit all 3 teams. We get Kirk, you guys get 13.5 Mil in expiring contract (FYI, if the previous LA-Por-Chi trade went down, you guys would get 13.7 Mil in expiring contracts, so it's only a matter of 200k), and good for Minnesota cuz they get the highly coveted Tyrus Thomas, as well as a guy who has 5 yrs worth of experience of the triangle offense under his belt, and someone that Kurt Rambis worked extensively with in his days in LA.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:24 AM
it's for half a season bro. It's gonna be tough getting out of the 1st round anyways when facing the likes of Boston, Cleveland, Orlando or even Atlanta for that fact. This will benefit all 3 teams. We get Kirk, you guys get 13.5 Mil in expiring contract (FYI, if the previous LA-Por-Chi trade went down, you guys would get 13.7 Mil in expiring contracts, so it's only a matter of 200k), and good for Minnesota cuz they get the highly coveted Tyrus Thomas, as well as a guy who has 5 yrs worth of experience of the triangle offense under his belt, and someone that Kurt Rambis worked extensively with in his days in LA.

yeah, and with the extra cap space, the bulls could actually have a real chance at wade.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 04:24 AM
There is no way the Wolves trade Al or their own first rounder in this trade. I really dont think they want Deng at all and their 1st rounder is worth more than anyone on the Bulls roster that they would get rid of.

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 04:27 AM
yeah, and with the extra cap space, the bulls could actually have a real chance at wade.

yup, especially if they lose out on the Amare sweepstakes before the deadline, and barely make it to the playoffs with a .500 record and get swept in the 1st round. Then I see Wade leaving Miami, for yes, his hometown Chicago, IL.

Zefflin
02-16-2010, 04:28 AM
Yea I think Wades going to Chitown next year as well.

PraiseJesus
02-16-2010, 04:31 AM
Sasha would be a good pickup for the Twolves. He is familiar with the triangle offense

Bullsfan22
02-16-2010, 04:37 AM

I understand we get cap space AND all but, most of us bulls fans are expecting to get decent guys in return with cap space. Especially if we are shipping both Kirk and Tyrus. Also if we don't make the playoffs and trade two impact player like those two would our team really be an upgrade over the heat current squad? I would add loul in the a three team deal to get big AL in return though.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:38 AM
I understand we get cap space AND all but, most of us bulls fans are expecting to get decent guys in return with cap space. Especially if we are shipping both Kirk and Tyrus. Also if we don't make the playoffs and trade two impact player like those two would our team really be an upgrade over the heat current squad? I would add loul in the a three team deal to get big AL in return though.

if you get wade and even someone else in the offseason, wouldn't you rather have that then tyrus and hinrich?

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Sasha would be a good pickup for the Twolves. He is familiar with the triangle offense

He sure is, and he is also familiar with bricks....lots and lots of bricks :mad:

abe_froman
02-16-2010, 04:43 AM
if you get wade and even someone else in the offseason, wouldn't you rather have that then tyrus and hinrich?

your assuming that the lakers are the only game in town,which might not be the case,so the debate isnt capspace v. no more capspace,its about the quality of that capspace

why choose yours over a higher quality player thats also on an expiring deal?

Bullsfan22
02-16-2010, 04:44 AM

That's the thing IF. I honestly think kirk is extremely expandable for expirings, but I just don't see us trading away both for expirings also. I could be wrong but I don't see us putting all our eggs into one basket.

Ovratd1up
02-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Not great on my laws of physics, but I'm pretty sure all cap space is created equal.

CountSackula
02-16-2010, 04:47 AM

Because he had a great final year of his rookie contract, fooled the Lakers FO into thinking he was a sharpshooter, and then pulled a Devean George and has sucked donkey dong since the start of the 08-09 season.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:54 AM
Because he had a great final year of his rookie contract, fooled the Lakers FO into thinking he was a sharpshooter, and then pulled a Devean George and has sucked donkey dong since the start of the 08-09 season.

That's pretty much the story, so weird how great sasha was in his final year of his contract and then all of a sudden he just...well you know.

It's like he was a whole different player that year.

ripjhb18
02-16-2010, 05:23 AM
That's pretty much the story, so weird how great sasha was in his final year of his contract and then all of a sudden he just...well you know.

It's like he was a whole different player that year.

They stopped playing him. At the start of last year he was hurt and Ariza took his minutes. Then they got Brown in a trade and pushed him even farther back.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:27 AM
They stopped playing him. At the start of last year he was hurt and Ariza took his minutes. Then they got Brown in a trade and pushed him even farther back.

Not quite, he got a lot of chances, and a good amount of minutes, but he failed miserably. That's when Phil decided to play Ariza more and Brown when they acquired him. Now sasha does not get much min anymore because well....He doesn't deserve it lol.

Cubsfan365
02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Lakers thought they could get Hinrich for Morrison and Vujacic?? That is laughable at best. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 12:52 PM
for the Wolves, I actually like this deal. It pushes off getting a free agent this summer, but lets be honest, we probably didnt have a shot at a beast anyways. I HATE the machine, but he understands the triangle, and can hit an open jumper. And he can be traded next season in a package.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 01:07 PM
deng and Jefferson are not mentioned, so why all the fuss? And anyways, 3 teams trades are ususally where trades go to die

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Lakers thought they could get Hinrich for Morrison and Vujacic?? That is laughable at best. :facepalm: :facepalm:

did you read the trade? You are peeling Hinrich off, for even more capspace in order to run at 2 top free agents I would suppose

LA_Raiders
02-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Pay Back, Rambis, lol

Skaterdude
02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
The only way the Bulls pull the trigger on this deal is if the 'draft considerations' from the Twolves include their first round draft pick this year. If not, the Bulls are giving up too much just to try and clear cap space for next offseason.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 01:36 PM
The only way the Bulls pull the trigger on this deal is if the 'draft considerations' from the Twolves include their first round draft pick this year. If not, the Bulls are giving up too much just to try and clear cap space for next offseason.

they would get a pick I assume. Minnesota currently has the #2, 17, 24 picks. I would assume one of the last 2 would be coming Chicago's way.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 01:36 PM
but there is no way the Wolves give up the #2 pick, and an expiring deal, for Thomas and the Machine.

b1e9a8r5s
02-16-2010, 01:38 PM

No, it's for cap space and draft picks. The Bulls will have Rose, Deng, Noah, Gibson, Salmons (if he picks up his option) and enough Cap space to sign 2 big FAs. Say Bosh and Johnson, or Johnson and Boozer, or some other combination.

iggypop123
02-16-2010, 02:49 PM
that trade gives them a legit shot to get wade and then get something else or they can go with the bosh johnson combo. with deng noah and rose already there damn thats a great starting 5!

DeadMemories
02-16-2010, 03:03 PM
I really hope the Bulls get Wade this summer. A backcourt of Wade and Rose???? Wow.

Ezekial
02-16-2010, 05:20 PM
morrison will do a great job of warming up wades bench seat

This I like.