PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Heat Making Big Push For Stoudemire

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 01:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4917483

The Miami Heat have intensified their efforts to trump Cleveland in the chase for Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire, sources close to the situation said Monday.

The Heat emerged from the All-Star break even more determined than they were before to find a third team to help them broker an Amare deal before Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline.

Miami is "coming hard" after Stoudemire, one source said.

Although the Heat have first-round picks available to sweeten any Stoudemire deal -- with the Suns hoping to come away with at least one first-rounder if they decide to trade Stoudemire this week -- sources say Phoenix has no interest in taking back Jermaine O'Neal's hefty expiring contract because, at $23 million, it requires more players to be worked into the deal than the Suns are comfortable with.

Yet one source insisted Monday night that the Suns have not ruled out taking back forward Michael Beasley as part of a Stoudemire deal. The Heat -- after carefully preserving their salary-cap space for months -- are suddenly pushing hard to make a big trade splash now if possible instead of waiting for free agency in July and gambling on the idea that they can lure a marquee name such as LeBron James or Chris Bosh to South Beach to flank Dwyane Wade.

The Cavaliers are prepared to send Zydrunas Ilgauskas' expiring contract, young power forward J.J. Hickson and perhaps draft considerations to the Suns for Stoudemire, who appeared to give Cleveland further motivation to make that bold move when he used his Twitter feed Monday night to scoff at speculation that he and Cavs center Shaquille O'Neal can't co-exist.

"You guys can stop saying we don't play well together," Stoudemire tweeted.

A pick from the perennially contending Cavs obviously wouldn't be as enticing as a Miami draft pick, but sources say that Cleveland also continues to chase longtime target Antawn Jamison in case Miami assembles a better deal for Stoudemire. It likewise remains to be seen whether Philadelphia decides to make Andre Iguodala available after making it clear before the All-Star break that they are not prepared to surrender Iguodala in a Stoudemire deal.

"They're the wild card," one source said of the Sixers.

The Cavs resume play Thursday at home against Denver riding a 13-game win streak, but they still hope to come away with a big player by week's end. While Stoudemire leads their list, the Cavs have also been mentioned in relation to Washington's Jamison and Indiana's Troy Murphy. Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Monday that the Cavs are also in talks with the Warriors about Corey Maggette.

The Suns, meanwhile, appear intent on finally finding a workable trade for Stoudemire before the deadline -- even though the sides did briefly discuss a contract extension during All-Star Weekend in Dallas -- after shopping him heavily at last season's trading deadline as well. Stoudemire is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds this season and started at center for the West in Sunday's All-Star Game.

kntresistheheat
02-16-2010, 01:58 AM
:nod:

kyubi256
02-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Would be crazy to deal B-Easy in the deal

phxman22
02-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Please trade with miami, they'll have a way better package for us then the cavs.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:06 AM
if the heat can find someway to trade for amare without beasley then they would be in great shape

JDMVP, Lakerfan
02-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Besides being a Big Laker fan, im a big fan of Dwade and i really want this guy to get some help so that he could compete against one of the top teams in the east i really want to DWADE get some help

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 02:12 AM
if the heat can find someway to trade for amare without beasley then they would be in great shape

If they didn't include Beasley it would be a worse deal than the Cavs...

They have no young talent besides Beasley and he's pretty much untouchable at the moment:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/55829/heat-owner-were-not-shopping-beasley

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:13 AM
If they didn't include Beasley it would be a worse deal than the Cavs...

They have no young talent besides Beasley and he's pretty much untouchable at the moment:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/55829/heat-owner-were-not-shopping-beasley

jermaine o'neal and chalmers alone is much better then big z and hickson

cmellofan15
02-16-2010, 02:18 AM
I would hate to have Beasley in the west

sixerfixer
02-16-2010, 02:19 AM

Ah, no it's not. Chaimers is a average back-up at best, and isn't needed
in Phoenix. Not to mention that the Suns would have to ADD players to make it work. As where with the Cavs deal they don't. AND they get a young replacement at PF for the departing Amare. So no son, it's not better. It's not even CLOSE to better.

lavilevi23
02-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Amare said he doesnt want to play with the Cavs...

kntresistheheat
02-16-2010, 02:24 AM
People, Its has been know that the heat need to find a third team!! So beasley might not get traded and JO and fillers might be inticing for that third team that might be involved:rolleyes:

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Ah, no it's not. Chaimers is a average back-up at best, and isn't needed
in Phoenix. Not to mention that the Suns would have to ADD players to make it work. As where with the Cavs deal they don't. AND they get a young replacement at PF for the departing Amare. So no son, it's not better. It's not even CLOSE to better.

hickson is an average player at best as well, at least chalmers imo has a better upside.

and o'neal>big z. Not sure how else to explain it.

Master Mind
02-16-2010, 02:27 AM
hickson is an average player at best as well, at least chalmers imo has a better upside.

and o'neal>big z. Not sure how else to explain it.

Plus two 1st rd. picks

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:29 AM
wait did not read the post right, my bad :(

sixerfixer
02-16-2010, 02:30 AM
If they give up 2, 1st rounders, yeah, then it is. But not without them. And the Suns still need to add more salary to make it work.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:32 AM
Plus two 1st rd. picks

so basically...

Heats offer: O'neal, Chalmers, 2 first round picks

Cavs Offer: Big Z, Hickson

already explained how the 2 players are better then the cavs 2 players, and if heat would actually add 2 first round picks, heats offer blows cavs's offer away

Raoul Duke_91
02-16-2010, 02:33 AM
I would hate to have Beasley in the west

lol why? Hes averaging 16 and 6.

If I were the heat Id be all over this deal. Think about it... what are thier top prioritys right now.
+keeping Wade
+Winning a title.
+Getting a big name FA(Amare')
Aquiring Amare' Stoudemire has to help thier chances in both of those first 2 catagories. Beasley might become a good player someday, but the heat are primed to win now.

xxcubs22xx
02-16-2010, 02:56 AM
lol why? Hes averaging 16 and 6.

If I were the heat Id be all over this deal. Think about it... what are thier top prioritys right now.
+keeping Wade
+Winning a title.

Aquiring Amare' Stoudemire has to help thier chances in both of those catagories. Beasley might become a good player someday, but the heat are primed to win now.

hmmm i agree...

Everyone can kinda see now that the Heat have just been chillin' near the low seeds of the eastern conference. More specifically, this year. No matter where Amar'e lands up, he is going to make that team better. Sure he may not rebound or score well or whatever, but the actual trade itself, change of personnel, will launch Miami into "shark" contention; possibly overcoming a playoff series against one of the top seeds, heck maybe even crawl up a few or more seeds before its playoff time. Its Amare's presence, really, and of course he is going to be under the spotlight(regardless of his performance).

Things can turn/change oh so fast.

Beasley can go; perhaps his trade value can prove to exceed his real value someday. Nonetheless, the Heat are better with Amare and thats the focus for the Heat right now, to win.

Lindystud36
02-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Can the heat still add bosh in the offseason if they have wade and amare?

PG: Chalmers
SG: Wade
SF: T Mac (MLE)
PF: Bosh?
Center Amare

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:59 AM

SG: Wage
Center Amare

:laugh:

xxcubs22xx
02-16-2010, 03:00 AM

SG: Wage
Center Amare

Who's to say if the wade-amare unit will stick together, IMO.

Anything can happen, really.

I do think that adding Bosh next to Amare-Wade is high unlikely anyways.

cmstophe
02-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Amare said he doesnt want to play with the Cavs...

False, already proven to be inaccurate by Windhorst and Wojnarowski.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:05 AM
False, already proven to be inaccurate by Windhorst and Wojnarowski.

i would rather take amare's word for it then two Ws

Derick713
02-16-2010, 03:09 AM
It'll take the 76ers to get the deal done I suppose. Kerr likes Hickson more than Beasley even though Beasley would be a better fit on the Suns. The Heat could keep Beasley if they just decide to take on Dalembert in a 3 Team Deal.

xxcubs22xx
02-16-2010, 03:09 AM
i would rather take amare's word for it then two Ws

:clap:

+1

Plus, its Twitter. NBA players "tweet" nowadays

(honestly i don't even recall visiting twitter. hah.)

Raph12
02-16-2010, 03:10 AM
If Beasley goes, I'd think it would be a good trade for both sides.

Lindystud36
02-16-2010, 03:12 AM
What would this do for the heat's 2010 plan, and can they get rid of Cook or JJ contract in any deal?

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:18 AM
What would this do for the heat's 2010 plan, and can they get rid of Cook or JJ contract in any deal?

i always think of it this way.

Let's say the heat get amare, and then when the offseason comes, the heat are able to offer the most years and money to wade and amare correct?

Now unless wade or amare pull an elton brand, they can wait on signing these guys and first sign 2 max star players. Imagine what they could do, I'll even go as crazy as say that they could sign lebron and boozer to top notch contracts.

Then once that happens, they will have very little cap room but since wade and amare would be the heat's players, they can still go over the cap and sign these 2 players for a lot of money as well.

It would cost them, but think of that possibility. Assuming once again neither wade or amare pull an elton brand.

SF: Lebron
PF: Boozer
C: Amare

with the amount of salary the heat would get in expirings, you never know.

Showmeyourtds
02-16-2010, 03:23 AM
Ill take beasley and cut my losses because Amare wouldnt be back because he cant swallow his pride and take a paycut in a poor financial year.

arkanian215
02-16-2010, 10:11 AM

maybe in your opinion but JO's salary negates all value that trade might have.

mp3
02-16-2010, 10:35 AM
do the cavs really think jj hickson is this big trade prospect. he is nothing speacial at all. lebron makes garbage players look pretty good. lebron could make kwame brown look good.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 10:35 AM

Let's say the heat get amare, and then when the offseason comes, the heat are able to offer the most years and money to wade and amare correct?

Now unless wade or amare pull an elton brand, they can wait on signing these guys and first sign 2 max star players. Imagine what they could do, I'll even go as crazy as say that they could sign lebron and boozer to top notch contracts.

Then once that happens, they will have very little cap room but since wade and amare would be the heat's players, they can still go over the cap and sign these 2 players for a lot of money as well.

It would cost them, but think of that possibility. Assuming once again neither wade or amare pull an elton brand.

Teams can't do that... Wade and Amar'e's contracts count towards their cap even before they are signed to an extension. To completely free up their cap room they would have to renounce their bird rights which then means they then wouldn't be able to go over the cap to re-sign them.

If the Heat got Amar'e, his and Wade's contracts would take the Heat's payroll up to about $42 million which would give them about $12 million to spend on a player. They would have to add some other pieces though...

Assuming Beasley would be involved in any type of deal they'd only have Wade, Amar'e, Daequan Cook and Mario Chalmers under contract. You can't build a contender with two great players and then minimum contract guys. They'd need solid role players...

king4day
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Hickson is a better prospect than Chalmers. I'd take the Cavs deal over any Heat deal that didn't include Beasley.

Since it sounds like they're trying to get a 3rd team involved (because the Suns don't want Beasley for some reason), then I assume Philly might be the team to get involved too.

king4day
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM

Their starting 5 would cost about 75-80 mil.

shizzle09
02-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Teams can't do that... Wade and Amar'e's contracts count towards their cap even before they are signed to an extension. To completely free up their cap room they would have to renounce their bird rights which then means they then wouldn't be able to go over the cap to re-sign them.

If the Heat got Amar'e, his and Wade's contracts would take the Heat's payroll up to about $42 million which would give them about $12 million to spend on a player. They would have to add some other pieces though...

Assuming Beasley would be involved in any type of deal they'd only have Wade, Amar'e, Daequan Cook and Mario Chalmers under contract. You can't build a contender with two great players and then minimum contract guys. They'd need solid role players...

they wouldnt be at 42 mil with just Wade, Amar'e, Cook and Chalmers. they'd be in the 36-37 range.

king4day
02-16-2010, 11:53 AM
they wouldnt be at 42 mil with just Wade, Amar'e, Cook and Chalmers. they'd be in the 36-37 range.

What do the max contracts start at? I thought it was 20 a year. In that case, it's 40 alone for Wade and Amar'e.

Gibby23
02-16-2010, 12:00 PM
What do the max contracts start at? I thought it was 20 a year. In that case, it's 40 alone for Wade and Amar'e.

Players that are already maxed like Wade and Amare would start the new max contract at 5% more than they make right now and it goes up like 5% a year. If they both get a max deal, it will start out at a bit over 18 million. If the Heat maxed both out that would be about 37 million for those two players.

Philly 4 Life
02-16-2010, 12:05 PM
The sixers have wasted so much time with Amare, the suns were literally waiting for the sixers to say yes to approve the trade, and they wouldn't do it. According to Ed Stefanski he doesn't want EB 42 and Amare on the same team, which makes no sense to me at all. Having Amare gives the sixers the dominant big man they need, frees up a crap load of money by giving away dalembert and iggy along with kapono's 6 million and willie green's 3.4 million, and will increase the rest of the teams numbers, especially iverson. I just do not understand their thought process as an organization, and that includes selecting Jrue Holiday over Ty Lawson which was horrible.

LayZbone
02-16-2010, 12:07 PM

I think a Max contract is 25% or 30% of the cap....depending on how many years a player has been in the league.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Hickson is a better prospect than Chalmers. I'd take the Cavs deal over any Heat deal that didn't include Beasley.

Since it sounds like they're trying to get a 3rd team involved (because the Suns don't want Beasley for some reason), then I assume Philly might be the team to get involved too.

To be honest I think the Suns are higher on JJ than they are Beasley. They would need a big who can bang down low and I think Beasley is more of a perimeter guy. No doubt Beasley's the better player/prospect, but I don't think the Suns like the baggage that could come with him... The Heat don't even wanna give him up anyway.

I think a three way would benefit the Suns more. Something along the lines of:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjq9thx

I tried to make the deal as even as possible.

The Suns get the prospect they value highly (Hickson), the guy they're high on (Iggy) and a solid center who'll be a nice expiring next year (Dalembert). They also manage to get rid of J-Rich's contract and all the players they get in return can conribute. The Cavs get the guy that could bring them a title and keep LeBron in Cleveland (Amar'e). The Sixers get salary relief in Big Z's contract, and a guy who can still produce at a high level (Richardson). J-Rich's contract is a lot more manageable than the combo of Iggy's and Dalembert.

The Sixers get the worst part of the deal so maybe give them a couple of draft picks, but that's how I can see a three way panning out.

prodigy
02-16-2010, 12:12 PM
The Heat are real desperate right not. So I think they could end up getting Stoud.

kntresistheheat
02-16-2010, 12:20 PM
To be honest I think the Suns are higher on JJ than they are Beasley. They would need a big who can bang down low and I think Beasley is more of a perimeter guy. No doubt Beasley's the better player/prospect, but I don't think the Suns like the baggage that could come with him... The Heat don't even wanna give him up anyway.

The Suns get the prospect they value highly (Hickson), the guy they're high on (Iggy) and a solid center who'll be a nice expiring next year (Dalembert). They also manage to get rid of J-Rich's contract and all the players they get in return can conribute. The Cavs get the guy that could bring them a title and keep LeBron in Cleveland (Amar'e). The Sixers get salary relief in Big Z's contract, and a guy who can still produce at a high level (Richardson). J-Rich's contract is a lot more manageable than the combo of Iggy's and Dalembert.

The Sixers get the worst part of the deal so maybe give them a couple of draft picks, but that's how I can see a three way panning out.

Wrong, They just said on ESPN....That the reason the suns didnt pull the trigger on the cavs trade is because they realize that JJ is not worth an all star player of Amare. I guess they think the same way about Beasley:confused:

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 12:21 PM

Dwyane Wade - $18,000,000
Amar'e Stoudemire - $18,000,000
Daequan Cook - $2,169,856
Mario Chalmers - $847,000

Add about $2,500,000 for the two first round picks they have in the 15-20 range (one from the Raptors from the Marion/O'Neal trade)

= $41,516,856

LayZbone
02-16-2010, 12:23 PM

Add about $2,500,000 for the two first round picks they have in the 15-20 range (one from the Raptors from the Marion/O'Neal trade)

= $41,516,856

the max could be much less than what you're giving Wade and Amare.

EDIT: if the cap is set to 57.7 mil. A max contract would be about 17 and change (30%).

kjdills13
02-16-2010, 12:23 PM

the suns would have to throw in earl clark but thats a great trade!

CTown81
02-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Ya Suns dont want to take JO's ridiculous contract back as they would have to add additional players in the deal. Miami wont take Richardson back as then they would be screwed this summer in Free Agency.

I dont see any chance of Miami getting this done unless they get a 3rd team involved.

Also whoever said Chalmers has more upside than Hickson is smoking something. Id like some please. Pass it over.

Gibby23
02-16-2010, 12:28 PM

= $41,516,856

Amare would make about 17.6 million next year and Wade would be at about 17.2.

Ethix11
02-16-2010, 12:39 PM
How about this trade?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

NY is looking for cap relief so they take JO and replace Duhon with Arroyo who has a better PER. Pheonix gets a better prospect than JJ Hickson in Jordan Hill and get Currys expiring contract just like Big Zs. Miami gets Amare and deals out two 2010 first rounders to each other team respectively to make the deal go through.

godolphins
02-16-2010, 12:46 PM
How about this trade?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

NY is looking for cap relief so they take JO and replace Duhon with Arroyo who has a better PER. Pheonix gets a better prospect than JJ Hickson in Jordan Hill and get Currys expiring contract just like Big Zs. Miami gets Amare and deals out two 2010 first rounders to each other team respectively to make the deal go through.

Link didn't work

twoearl
02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Beasley MUST be included in an Amare deal. An 4th grader could understand you dont deal a guy putting up 20 and 8 for nothing.

Lo Porto
02-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I hope the HEAT get Amare, Cavs get Maggette or Murphy, Knicks get TMac and Jamison stays put.

I also hope that the Jazz trade Boozer and Korver to the Bulls for Deng, Taj and expiring pieces.

And I hope that by Miami getting Amare, Cavs getting Maggette or Murphy and Knicks getting TMac that it makes it more possible that Bosh and LeBron consider rebuilding the Knicks this summer.

Now I'm really dreaming...

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 12:50 PM
the max could be much less than what you're giving Wade and Amare.

EDIT: if the cap is set to 57.7 mil. A max contract would be about 17 and change (30%).

Amare would make about 17.6 million next year and Wade would be at about 17.2.

Regardless the teams payroll would be around $40 million with only 4 players on their books, they'd have to spend the rest of their money on free agent role players as opposed to another max contract.

Gibby23
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Regardless the teams payroll would be around $40 million with only 4 players on their books, they'd have to spend the rest of their money on free agent role players as opposed to another max contract.

They can still spend about 14 million on a player like Boozer who isn't getting max, or they can divide it up and go after other guys like Manu. Once they hit the cap number, they will still be allowed to sign minimum contract players to fill out the roster.

kjdills13
02-16-2010, 01:00 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yf3p9pn

the suns would also get he pacers and heat first round pic in 2010

works for all teams no one count the pacers out if there willing to trade murphy is an asset

Ethix11
02-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Im posting the trade proposal up again since the link didnt work. NY is looking for cap relief so they take JO and replace Duhon with Arroyo who has a better PER. Pheonix gets a better prospect than JJ Hickson in Jordan Hill and get Currys expiring contract just like Big Zs. Miami gets Amare and deals out two 2010 first rounders to each other team respectively to make the deal go through. What do you think?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylc8hqg

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Im posting the trade proposal up again since the link didnt work. NY is looking for cap relief so they take JO and replace Duhon with Arroyo who has a better PER. Pheonix gets a better prospect than JJ Hickson in Jordan Hill and get Currys expiring contract just like Big Zs. Miami gets Amare and deals out two 2010 first rounders to each other team respectively to make the deal go through. What do you think?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylc8hqg

Curry's expires next year. JJ at this point is more wanted by the Suns, he's actually proven (to an extent) he is a good NBA player... Hill hasn't proven anything.

No way is this deal better than the Cavs.

td0tsfinest
02-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Beasley in Phoneix could be what he needs. Nash has tendency to make shooters on his team even better. But I really do think Beasley isn't going to mount to much in the nba, so I would do it if I were the Heat.

Wade_County
02-16-2010, 01:27 PM
LayZbone

love the sig

and ill take amare

JordansBulls
02-16-2010, 01:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4917483

The Miami Heat have intensified their efforts to trump Cleveland in the chase for Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire, sources close to the situation said Monday.

The Heat emerged from the All-Star break even more determined than they were before to find a third team to help them broker an Amare deal before Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline.

Miami is "coming hard" after Stoudemire, one source said.

Although the Heat have first-round picks available to sweeten any Stoudemire deal -- with the Suns hoping to come away with at least one first-rounder if they decide to trade Stoudemire this week -- sources say Phoenix has no interest in taking back Jermaine O'Neal's hefty expiring contract because, at $23 million, it requires more players to be worked into the deal than the Suns are comfortable with.

Yet one source insisted Monday night that the Suns have not ruled out taking back forward Michael Beasley as part of a Stoudemire deal. The Heat -- after carefully preserving their salary-cap space for months -- are suddenly pushing hard to make a big trade splash now if possible instead of waiting for free agency in July and gambling on the idea that they can lure a marquee name such as LeBron James or Chris Bosh to South Beach to flank Dwyane Wade.

The Cavaliers are prepared to send Zydrunas Ilgauskas' expiring contract, young power forward J.J. Hickson and perhaps draft considerations to the Suns for Stoudemire, who appeared to give Cleveland further motivation to make that bold move when he used his Twitter feed Monday night to scoff at speculation that he and Cavs center Shaquille O'Neal can't co-exist.

"You guys can stop saying we don't play well together," Stoudemire tweeted.

A pick from the perennially contending Cavs obviously wouldn't be as enticing as a Miami draft pick, but sources say that Cleveland also continues to chase longtime target Antawn Jamison in case Miami assembles a better deal for Stoudemire. It likewise remains to be seen whether Philadelphia decides to make Andre Iguodala available after making it clear before the All-Star break that they are not prepared to surrender Iguodala in a Stoudemire deal.

"They're the wild card," one source said of the Sixers.

The Cavs resume play Thursday at home against Denver riding a 13-game win streak, but they still hope to come away with a big player by week's end. While Stoudemire leads their list, the Cavs have also been mentioned in relation to Washington's Jamison and Indiana's Troy Murphy. Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Monday that the Cavs are also in talks with the Warriors about Corey Maggette.

The Suns, meanwhile, appear intent on finally finding a workable trade for Stoudemire before the deadline -- even though the sides did briefly discuss a contract extension during All-Star Weekend in Dallas -- after shopping him heavily at last season's trading deadline as well. Stoudemire is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds this season and started at center for the West in Sunday's All-Star Game.

I don't like this for the Heat.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-16-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't like this for the Heat.

why not JB?

Wade needs another star with him. hes getting discouraged out there. u can see it in his play

LayZbone
02-16-2010, 01:55 PM
why not JB?

Wade needs another star with him. hes getting discouraged out there. u can see it in his play

Maybe he meant that he doesn't like it for the Bulls. :p

Venomous88
02-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Although I prefer Bosh in the off season, I think we could work with Amar'e until the off-season then pick up some solid role players. Miami is easily one of the more attractive destinations for free agents.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM
why not JB?

I've said it before and i'll say it again... The chances of a Miami deal are highly unlikely.

First of all the Heat aren't even offering Beasley, they wanna keep him and they don't have any other young talent to entice the Suns. Even if they did offer Beasley, the Suns aren't completely sold on his attitude and his contract is 3 times that of Hickson's.

Secondly the main expiring would be JO's $23 million contract. The Suns would have to add another player to even it out financially and the only guy they would happily let got would be J-Rich. Would Miami honestly take on J-Rich's contract just to get Amar'e for potentially half a season and completely ruin their chances at getting a big name in the summer...?

The Cavs deal is much more likely because it gives the Suns what they want. It's also more likely because the offer is actually on the table...

Big Z, JJ Hickson, Danny Green and a first rounder for Amar'e.

Pinrod33
02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again... The chances of a Miami deal are highly unlikely.

First of all the Heat aren't even offering Beasley, they wanna keep him and they don't have any other young talent to entice the Suns. Even if they did offer Beasley, the Suns aren't completely sold on his attitude and his contract is 3 times that of Hickson's.

Secondly the main expiring would be JO's $23 million contract. The Suns would have to add another player to even it out financially and the only guy they would happily let got would be J-Rich. Would Miami honestly take on J-Rich's contract just to get Amar'e for potentially half a season and completely ruin their chances at getting a big name in the summer...?

The Cavs deal is much more likely because it gives the Suns what they want. It's also more likely because the offer is actually on the table...

Big Z, JJ Hickson, Danny Green and a first rounder for Amar'e.

I'm going to be honest, I know everyone and their mother are saying this, but I have to say the same thing they are....... I don't see why Cleveland would make this deal. They are running through the entire league, and seem to have a good combination of shooters and inside guys. I can see the argument that if you can get better, you do it, but I just don't understand going after this package. I know that everyone is saying that Amar'e and Shaq can't coincide, but regardless if they can get along, their games are different and there was a reason that the suns got worse when they played together.

TheShock45
02-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Please Miami if you want Amare that bad than please you the 76ers in a 3way trade. The Suns allready said they prefer to have Iggy and Dalembert over anybody else, now if you really want to make a "Big Push" get the siers involved

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-16-2010, 02:19 PM
I think if we offer Beas + James Jones + Cook + 1 or 2 1st round picks for Amare, i think they'll do it.

The Suns said they want draft picks and we have two of them, and they will be better ones then the cavs.

LA_Raiders
02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Good trade for Miami even if they let go Weaksley

Legitimate
02-16-2010, 02:35 PM
well from the looks of it, the ONLY way miami gets there hands on amare is if they part with smeezley, so yea ..hahaha smeezley ftw