PDA

View Full Version : Darryl Morey for GM of the year

alexander_37
02-15-2010, 11:04 PM
The man put together a winning team with only 30% of the team salary on the floor. Let's see the Lakers or Cavs have a winning season without Kobe, Gasol, on the floor or without Lebron and Shaq. Ya not happening. So if the Rockets finish with a playoff seed and DM doesn't win executive of the year I have lost all faith in the league.

Verbal Christ
02-15-2010, 11:09 PM
jin-jin :cheers:

Ovratd1up
02-15-2010, 11:17 PM
More like Rick Adelman for Coach of the Year.

Bausman
02-15-2010, 11:18 PM
The Raptors started the season with 9 different players than they did the years before.The only players remaining from last years opening roster are Bosh, Bargs, and Calderon.
I dont think we are a top 4 team in the East yet but we are only 4 games back from the Celtics. We have improved a lot since the start of the year, let alone from last year.
Dont lose too much faith because there are a few GM's in the running.

val_modus
02-16-2010, 12:26 AM
still though, those are 3 very important players lol, whereas for the Rockets we are missing our 3 most important players from last year (Artest, McGrady, Yao) and are left with a team of hard working scrappy guys like Chuck Hayes, Brooks, and Landry. Morey for GM of the Year no doubt

iggypop123
02-16-2010, 12:58 AM
just shows you they are better without yao. he slowed them down. if they could trade him for a big that fits their system watch out

td0tsfinest
02-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Rick Adelman should be given ROY.

I don't think anyone (even Morey) thought this team could come into the season and be a playoff team w/o T-Mac and Yao.

rhaas74
02-16-2010, 01:04 AM
If the Cavs get Amare for Z and JJ, with Z coming back 30 days later, then it has to be Danny Ferry. Before the year he made the deal of Big Ben and Sasha Pavlovic for Shaq. And before last year he made a trade of Damon Jones and Joe Smith for Mo Williams, and then resigned Joe Smith after he was bought out.

Shady66
02-16-2010, 01:05 AM
steve kerr deserves to be in this conversation

iggypop123
02-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Rick Adelman should be given ROY.

I don't think anyone (even Morey) thought this team could come into the season and be a playoff team w/o T-Mac and Yao.

brandon roy? why he is doign enough with crap, that would make his case worse

RocketsRule
02-16-2010, 01:06 AM
This doesn't make sense since he hasn't made a move other than signing Trevor Ariza...

Ragun
02-16-2010, 01:14 AM
This doesn't make sense since he hasn't made a move other than signing Trevor Ariza...

agreed. adelman for COY and colangelo for EOY. 9 new players. top 5 team in the east after having one of the worst records in the league last year.

Paulliwali
02-16-2010, 01:35 AM
only if he can pull off a great trade for tmac

CowboysKB24
02-16-2010, 01:38 AM
The man put together a winning team with only 30% of the team salary on the floor. Let's see the Lakers or Cavs have a winning season without Kobe, Gasol, on the floor or without Lebron and Shaq. Ya not happening. So if the Rockets finish with a playoff seed and DM doesn't win executive of the year I have lost all faith in the league.

Grow up dude, this thread is completely ridiculous. Have a little respect and show some maturity to those around you in your life.

CowboysKB24
02-16-2010, 01:39 AM
It just means the Rockets did a terrible job of choosing who to invest in. The guys they paid aren't as good as the ones they didn't. Great job. Great GM NIETOS NIETOS NIETAS CHONOPOCIETO QUASO QUES

JNA17
02-16-2010, 01:45 AM
rick for COY, the gm sucks

Chronz
02-16-2010, 01:47 AM
It just means the Rockets did a terrible job of choosing who to invest in. The guys they paid aren't as good as the ones they didn't. Great job. Great GM NIETOS NIETOS NIETAS CHONOPOCIETO QUASO QUES

Except that Morey didnt choose to sign those players, he inherited them.

Chronz
02-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Care to back that up?

dRa1niNg_ 3s
02-16-2010, 02:50 PM

Ok thats why he drafted both Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry both upcoming players, oh and throw in Chase Budinger who is gold from were he traded for him.

He traded for Kyle Lowry who is a above average pg off the bench who can change the tempo at any time. And lets not forget Luis Scola who he stole from the spurs.

Working with 30% of the salary and still producing, i mean what more do you want? Grant it were not in playoff seeding but a good stretch of games and who knows were they'll be.

GodsSon
02-16-2010, 02:54 PM
If the Cavs add Stat, look for Danny Ferry to be Exec of the year for adding Shaq and Stat

ldc62
02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
If the Cavs add Stat, look for Danny Ferry to be Exec of the year for adding Shaq and Stat

Amar'e is straight up garbage. THe Cavs are suppose to be a good Defensive team... expect PFs to have a field day against them if Stat joins their team. Danny Ferry is the most overrated GM in the league. Anyteam would be great with Lebron... and yet the Cavs still haven't won a championship...

Atticus Finch
02-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Ok thats why he drafted both Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry both upcoming players, oh and throw in Chase Budinger who is gold from were he traded for him.

He traded for Kyle Lowry who is a above average pg off the bench who can change the tempo at any time. And lets not forget Luis Scola who he stole from the spurs.

Working with 30% of the salary and still producing, i mean what more do you want? Grant it were not in playoff seeding but a good stretch of games and who knows were they'll be.

No question he has made some solid moves, but up to this point this season he hasnt exactly locked up the gm of the season award. Who has he brought it from last season to this one? Andersen, Ariza and Lowry? The fact that the Rockets are doing as well as they are with 30% of their salary is more of a testament to the players and Adelman, not the gm. However, if they get some solid talent in return for T-Mac I could see him winning it.

alexander_37
02-16-2010, 04:51 PM

Rofl maybe you should be the one to show respect and maybe learn your facts. T-Mac and Yao were already under contract when Morey was brought in, he turned the worst supporting cast in the nba into one of the best. He put together an entire team with 30% of the cap. The Rockets used to start Rafer Alston and Juan Howard ..... :facepalm:

These are some of the moves MOREY has made

brought in Battier for Rudy Gay
Brooks 26th overall pick
Lowry for Alston
Landry 2nd round pick
Ariza for 5 mil
Scola from the Spurs for nothing
Budinger 2nd round pick

So next time if your going to talk **** learn your facts.

alexander_37
02-16-2010, 04:53 PM

We need a dunce cap smiley.

lakerboy
02-16-2010, 04:54 PM
steve kerr deserves to be in this conversation

And we have a winner

wileyisTOFU
02-16-2010, 05:00 PM
i'd save the trophy till we see what he does with mcgrady...

Carey
02-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Presti is in the conversation, Morey has done an excellent job tho.

sep11ie
02-16-2010, 05:08 PM

He didn't sign or draft Yao or trade for T-Mac there bub.

sep11ie
02-16-2010, 05:08 PM
What about drafting Chase Buddinger late in the 2nd round?

Slimsim
02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Mark cuban

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Not to mention if hey pulls off the J.Hill, E.Curry & L.Hughes for T-Mac deal..

You receive 13 million expiring in Larry Hughes.. a Potential threat at Center with E.Curry(who w/Adelman can be the 2nd-coming of C-Webber), and J.Hill who wasn't utilized properly with the Knicks.

Chronz
02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Presti is in the conversation, Morey has done an excellent job tho.

I love how all the best GM's have solid statistical troops at the base of operations.

Verbal Christ
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM

You receive 13 million expiring in Larry Hughes.. a Potential threat at Center with E.Curry(who w/Adelman can be the 2nd-coming of C-Webber), and J.Hill who wasn't utilized properly with the Knicks.

not to mention 2 unprotected first rounders, and a second rounder this year, heck just watch the video.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Knicks-Rockets-backroom-trade-negotiat?urn=nba,219962

and after looking at what you typed, the deal looks more like: hill,harrington,jeffries 2 firsts and a second. just sayin' double edit: PLUS you get dorsey AND brian cook

wileyisTOFU
02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Knicks-Rockets-backroom-trade-negotiat?urn=nba,219962

holy crap that's hilarious

want my free cable-vision already!

Verbal Christ
02-18-2010, 06:34 PM
is it still up in the air??? i think not.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=4925219&autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO

ChiSox219
02-18-2010, 07:18 PM

True dat

Ovratd1up
02-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Rick for COY and Daryl for GM? And they may not even make the playoffs??

Tanakid777
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM

Agreed

magichatnumber9
02-18-2010, 07:29 PM
I love the moves you guys have made. And they were made possible because your GM knows how to draft, and plan for the future. Did I mention draft, because I might be understating that a little bit. I'm a Boston Celtics fan and not Rockets fan so this is very unbiased.

Slimsim
02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
What about Cleveland GM guy got Shaq and Jamison for Peanuts

Chronz
02-18-2010, 07:34 PM
True dat

Really?

Kakaroach
02-18-2010, 07:35 PM
He's pretty good, got Jordan Hill, Jared Jeffries, and Kevin Martin out of T-Mac and Landry.

IndiansFan337
02-18-2010, 07:54 PM
I used to think he was a pretty good GM, but trading away Carl Landry in that deal today was idiotic.

RocketsRule
02-18-2010, 07:59 PM
I used to think he was a pretty good GM, but trading away Carl Landry in that deal today was idiotic.

Wait seriously?

You do realize we got multiple 1sts, number 8 pick Jordan Hill, and Kevin Martin for him, don't you?

ChiSox219
02-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Really?

No...

Edit: I sent to a message to that guy a day or two ago asking for him to clarify and he refused.

Mavrix
02-18-2010, 08:42 PM
The Rockets got worse. Horrible front line with no Landry. Have fun with a poor man's T-Mac that's just as injury prone and plays 0 D.

ChiSox219
02-18-2010, 08:47 PM
The Rockets got worse. Horrible front line with no Landry. Have fun with a poor man's T-Mac that's just as injury prone and plays 0 D.

Maybe they got worse short term (I would disagree) but they definitely improved long term.

DeeJay
02-18-2010, 09:07 PM

Eddy Curry :facepalm:

He's stilll on the Knicks (unfortunately)