PDA

View Full Version : Report: Murphy To Cleveland Deal Agreed Upon, If Amare Deal Fails

ManRam
02-15-2010, 10:32 PM
The Cavaliers reportedly have a deal in place for Troy Murphy, should they fail to land Amare Stoudemire.
The Pacers have agreed to take back Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson, the same package they are dangling for Amare. There is still chatter about Antawn Jamison being traded, and the bottom line is that Cleveland will have a new PF before the Feb. 18 deadline. If you own Anderson Varejao, start scrambling.
Rotoworld.com

Full story: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nba-notes15-2010feb15,0,2607531.story

So it looks like the Cavs will definitely get either Amare or Murphy. Not making a trade isn't a possibility.

Ragun
02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
this would be a great trade for both teams. but pacers should find a 3rd team to take ilgauskas so they can get a first.

Kakaroach
02-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Oh so they will get a PF. Murphy isn't Amare obviously, but still I bet the Pacers would do that in a heart-beat.

Shady66
02-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I think this trade is better than the amare one. Shaq always plays better with a PF whos more of a shooter. Murphys also a very good rebounder.

Also, they said this was the exact same deal they were going to give up for amare, so shouldnt kerr ask for much more then?

Romo2Bryant
02-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Ric Bucher report around 20 mins ago... And he said if the Cavs don't get Amar'e. Then they can still package J.J and Big Z for Jamison. The Wizards would accept it right now.

He didn't said this. This is my opinion. I think the Cavs aren't sure because Jamison is 33 years old. And Hickson been looking good as of late.

ManRam
02-15-2010, 10:38 PM
I thought all word coming out of Washington said they want to hold onto Tawn?

Jonathan2323
02-15-2010, 10:39 PM
wow so they are offering the same deal for Amare and Murphy, There is something wrong with that lol

Fresno
02-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Oh so they will get a PF. Murphy isn't Amare obviously, but still I bet the Pacers would do that in a heart-beat.

Pacers already have agreed to it according to the article. They'd probably just buy out Big Z and would have the cap room to atleast put some real pieces around Danny Granger.

Pacers are on paper the worst team in the NBA.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 10:40 PM

That was before this deal came about. Wizards dont want to part with Jamison unless they are getting back a young player or a good draft pick along with an expirer.

Romo2Bryant
02-15-2010, 10:48 PM

Dude I'm seriously confused with all this Cavs trade taks lol... But this is what Ric said on ESPN. I will look for the video.

Agar81
02-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Amare says he doesn't want to go to Cleveland. This means the deal is all but off like the main article on the NBA homepage of PSD says

ManRam
02-15-2010, 10:56 PM
I guess Antawn is half way out the door. Everything I read now says the Wizards are really doing everything they can to get under the luxury tax, which means moving him.

Moral of the story: no one knows who the Cavs will get, but they will get either Amare, Jamison or Murphy.

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 10:57 PM
wow so they are offering the same deal for Amare and Murphy, There is something wrong with that lol

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_LMAO.gif

ko8e24
02-15-2010, 10:58 PM
One guy says this..another guy says that. We really don't know what to believe at this point, lol

Raph12
02-15-2010, 10:59 PM
I think Amare could thrive with Lebron, as long as Shaq is willing to get out of the way sometimes. Stat had his issues with Shaq last season, saying that he "took up too much room in the lane" we'll see what happens in the next few days.

Showmeyourtds
02-15-2010, 11:01 PM

+1 I feel like these offers are like homeless men trying to barter garbage at a Mercedez Benz dealership for a brand new car.

Denver-boy
02-15-2010, 11:03 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_LMAO.gif

now you know its funny when your smilie is laughing harder than usual...Cool

Raps18-19 Champ
02-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Smart thing Cavs have a back up trade just in case their main trade doesn't work.

Romo2Bryant
02-15-2010, 11:10 PM
If I was the Cavs, I would just keep Hickson instead of getting Murphy. Plus he has a bad contract.

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Amare says he doesn't want to go to Cleveland. This means the deal is all but off like the main article on the NBA homepage of PSD says

From Amar'e's twitter about an hour ago...

Amareisreal I play very well w/Shaq. I averaged more pts last year WITH him & played better D. You guys can stop saying we don't play well together.

He clearly has no problem with playing in Cleveland and the guy who said he does is clearly just some writer trying to get some publicity... Until the deal is shot down by ESPN I have hope!

harm0n1x
02-15-2010, 11:12 PM

that report is bogus, on espn radio in cleveland, one of our newspapers beat reporters was on the line and said there is no truth to amare saying that.

NYtilIdie
02-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Amare loved playing with Shaq

I play very well w/Shaq. I averaged more pts last year WITH him & played better D. You guys can stop saying we don't play well together.

https://twitter.com/amareisreal

Also Amare is open to playing with Lebron

Source close to Stoudemire says he's completely open to Cleveland, loves idea of playing with LBJ and has never indicated otherwise to Cavs.

Source also disputes notion that Stoudemire has any issues with Shaq. So far, Cavs and Stoudemire's reps have had no contact, no dialogue.

Would Stoudemire prefer trade to Miami? Yes, but has no say and understands he has a chance for title run in Cleveland and then free agency.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 11:13 PM
If I was the Cavs, I would just keep Hickson instead of getting Murphy. Plus he has a bad contract.

I agree... I would only want Murphy if we keep JJ and get a guarantee that Z will be bought out.

I don't think Murphy is worth risking our chemistry, whereas Amar'e is definitely worth the gamble.

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Amare loved playing with Shaq

https://twitter.com/amareisreal

Also Amare is open to playing with Lebron

I could watch your sig all day... :box:

NYtilIdie
02-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Expect the deal to be done (if accepted) before Tues. game because Amare said its distracting.

harm0n1x
From Amar'e's twitter about an hour ago...

He clearly has no problem with playing in Cleveland and the guy who said he does is clearly just some writer trying to get some publicity... Until the deal is shot down by ESPN I have hope!

sounds like he's down to come here, i think all the suns are waiting on is a better deal, if they don't find it, he's coming here. hopefully we get a contract out of him as well.

td0tsfinest

for those who would like a link to what my man said

http://news-herald.com/articles/2010/02/15/sports/nh2098390.txt

A source said the five-time All-Star center let it be known that he does not want to come to Cleveland.

But its not straight from the horses mouth, so I won't say its completely dead.

prodigy
02-15-2010, 11:18 PM

I heard this to and its false information. Two reasons.

1. Even if he did not want to play there, he could suck it up for 1 year, win a ring then go wherever he wants next season.

2. he just talked about how well he and Shaq played together. (His twitter page.)

NYtilIdie
02-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Good chance the Suns make a decision on all this before Tues. game at MEM. As @amareisreal's tweet shows, it is a distraction.

https://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

Jonathan2323
02-15-2010, 11:21 PM
you people read to much into what he said on his twitter page about playing with Shaq.

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 11:52 PM
you people read to much into what he said on his twitter page about playing with Shaq.

Well i'd rather read too much into something that HE is actually saying, not some unknown reporter with no inside information.

Gibby
02-15-2010, 11:56 PM

i know, Kerr should atleast try to get some picks. or get daniel green as a thrown in. even then it doesnt seem fair

Kakaroach
02-16-2010, 12:01 AM
I thought all word coming out of Washington said they want to hold onto Tawn? Yeah thats what I thought too,

Pacers already have agreed to it according to the article. They'd probably just buy out Big Z and would have the cap room to atleast put some real pieces around Danny Granger.

Pacers are on paper the worst team in the NBA. True, they are bad enough without Murphy without him and most likely buying out Big Z they will be pretty bad. Looks like another team entering the John Wall sweepstakes.

AddiX
02-16-2010, 12:08 AM
When did Murphy become the man? I know hes good and can play, but this season everyone wants him on their team, when did this happen?

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Latest rumor states that the Amar'e to Cleveland deal has sputtered out. They are now saying Philly is the front runner. I posted this last night and everyone thought I was full of it. Believe me if you want dont care this deal is off. Th new one that is being mentioned is Cleveland and Antwan Jamison.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Latest rumor states that the Amar'e to Cleveland deal has sputtered out. They are now saying Philly is the front runner. I posted this last night and everyone thought I was full of it. Believe me if you want dont care this deal is off. Th new one that is being mentioned is Cleveland and Antwan Jamison.

Link?

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 12:11 AM

My source is a college buddy who interns at fox sports chicago he's been right about pretty much everything about a day before it hits espn

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 12:13 AM
My source is a college buddy who interns at fox sports chicago he's been right about pretty much everything about a day before it hits espn

If you dont believe me check my older posts I've known about many trade offers a day or two before they hit PSD. Check the dates And I dont care what you think

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 12:14 AM
I've also heard Detroit and Utah are talking. Dont forget I posted this so tommorow when you here this I dont have to explain myself everytime

still1ballin
02-16-2010, 12:21 AM
lol Murphy

VIP1349
02-16-2010, 12:21 AM
I just hope whatever deal they got going down happens right before our game Thursday, so Cleveland is down a few guys. xD

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Chicago Bulls are shopping Hinrich, Detroit is shopping Hamilton, Prince, Gordon, Utah is Boozer AK47, Philly, Rockets, Cleveland, Washington, New York, Boston, Toronto. All these teams are talking. There is even a rumor that seems to be gaining some steam with Toronto and the Lakers witth Bosh and Bynum being the centerpieces. Hopefully some deals get made so we have some exciting things to talk about here.

PHX2daDEATH
02-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Now ESPN says the Heat are making a big push.. this is all giving me a headache.. You know what Mario I believe you, Im glad the Cavs/Suns deal is off..

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 12:40 AM

:facepalm:

Chicago Bulls are shopping Hinrich, Detroit is shopping Hamilton, Prince, Gordon, Utah is Boozer AK47, Philly, Rockets, Cleveland, Washington, New York, Boston, Toronto. All these teams are talking. There is even a rumor that seems to be gaining some steam with Toronto and the Lakers witth Bosh and Bynum being the centerpieces. Hopefully some deals get made so we have some exciting things to talk about here.

Thanks for telling us everything we already know...

Gibby23
02-16-2010, 12:42 AM
Lol at JJ Hickson.

Master Mind
02-16-2010, 12:43 AM

What are you hearing about Miami?

Gibby23
02-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Don't forget, this is still the Cavs we are talking about.I bet against them all the time, and the last 15 or so years I have been right. I bet they end up with Murphy, not Amare.

PHX2daDEATH
02-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Lol at JJ Hickson.

lmao @ Steve Kerr :mad:

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 12:56 AM
What are you hearing about Miami?

Last thing I heard about them was that Amar'e would welcome a trade to them, but Phoenix is not interested in any of their players. I don't see why I'd take Beasley over Hickson. Beasley's got game, Hickson is terrible.

Ebbs
02-16-2010, 12:56 AM

agreed thats messed up

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 12:59 AM
:facepalm:

Thanks for telling us everything we already know...

I told you to check my older posts. Last night I said what Espn and PSD are saying today. I said you dont have to believe anything. But tommorow I'm going to send you a private message when what I'm saying is true just so you don't forget the next time you see me on here. The Cleveland deal for Amar'e is off. The news guys are just keeping it going to make some money. This deal has been off for a couple days.

Master Mind
02-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Last thing I heard about them was that Amar'e would welcome a trade to them, but Phoenix is not interested in any of their players. I don't see why I'd take Beasley over Hickson. Beasley's got game, Hickson is terrible.

Thanks.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 01:00 AM

Beasley isn't going anywhere and the Heat don't have any other young talented players to offer.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/55829/heat-owner-were-not-shopping-beasley

I thought you would've known that... :eyebrow:

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 01:01 AM
You can't read?? I told you to check my older posts. Last night I said what Espn and PSD is saying today. I know about as much as you. There is always one.

If you know about as much as me then why are you going round saying you have all these reliable sources?

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 01:06 AM
If you know about as much as me then why are you going round saying you have all these reliable sources?

I know an intern at Fox Chicago thats it. He bets on sports alot so he listens to what he hears.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Apparently the Cavs offered Big Z, JJ Hickson, Danny Green and cash considerations, and the Suns countered by asking for a first rounder to be thrown in...

It's from a blog so definitely not the most reliable source, but take it for what it's worth...

http://outtatownclowns.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/amare-stoudemire-trade-update-3-0/

The biggest breaking news is regarding the Cleveland Cavaliers organization, the stakes have been raised, talks have made significant progress and there’s a new and improved offer on the table. One of my sources tells me Cleveland sent a proposal earlier this morning to Phoenix that included Zydrunas Ilgauskas, J.J. Hickson, Danny Green and $1.7 million cash (that cash is included to offset the 1.7 million trade kicker Ilgauskas has in his contract) for Amare Stoudemire (no J-Rich). While Cleveland has sweetened the deal, the Suns reportedly were still not completely satisfied and sent a counter proposal back. The deal is now in the hands of the Cleveland Cavaliers with the Suns counter proposal including Cleveland’s 2010 first round pick in the package. A source told me Cleveland is seriously considering the Suns offer but is still a bit hesitant including their first round pick for the upcoming 2010 draft. This deal could be finalized and sent to commissioner David Stern as early as tomorrow if Cleveland is willing to include the 1st round pick.

As I said take it with a pinch of salt...

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 01:13 AM
I told you to check my older posts. Last night I said what Espn and PSD are saying today. I said you dont have to believe anything. But tommorow I'm going to send you a private message when what I'm saying is true just so you don't forget the next time you see me on here. The Cleveland deal for Amar'e is off. The news guys are just keeping it going to make some money. This deal has been off for a couple days.

I wouldn't even be saying anything on here had it not been for him knowing stuff lately way earlier than the news is reporting. I have a post on here, check the dates, two days before the Richard Hamilton to Cleveland rumor started on this site or on Espn. I guess its possible I made a trade with Hamilton going to Cleveland up. Not likely. Sorry I offended you. I'm not acting like I know more thatn you I'm just once again saying go check the dates of some trade rumor posts I've made then go check the dates they were on here. I thought that is what PSD was for? Did you ever think someone that works for a sports agency or news reporter might be on this website? It sucks when you cant even list things you've heard without there being someone out there hating.

Jonathan2323
02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
CLE had talks with Wiz on Antawn Jamison Monday, but didn't chat with Pacers on Troy Murphy, sources say. Indy has 4-5 suitors for Murphy.

WTF

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 01:18 AM
I wouldn't even be saying anything on here had it not been for him knowing stuff lately way earlier than the news is reporting. I have a post on here, check the dates, two days before the Richard Hamilton to Cleveland rumor started on this site or on Espn. I guess its possible I made a trade with Hamilton going to Cleveland up. Not likely. Sorry I offended you. I'm not acting like I know more thatn you I'm just once again saying go check the dates of some trade rumor posts I've made then go check the dates they were on here. I thought that is what PSD was for? Did you ever think someone that works for a sports agency or news reporter might be on this website? It sucks when you cant even list things you've heard without there being someone out there hating.

I'm sorry man, I don't mean to be a douche. I'm just getting so uptight about this whole Amar'e thing and don't know what to believe. I want us to get Amar'e so bad, as soon as I hear someone shooting it down I go on the offensive.

My bad.

_KB24_
02-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Wow, I hope the Cavs panic and make this move. Makes no sense to me.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 01:19 AM

WTF

Thank god, i'm really not interested in Murphy.

If we can't get Amar'e or Antawn i'd rather we just stood pat at the deadline.

Master Mind
02-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Wow, I hope the Cavs panic and make this move. Makes no sense to me.

Awesome sig :p

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm sorry man, I don't mean to be a douche. I'm just getting so uptight about this whole Amar'e thing and don't know what to believe. I want us to get Amar'e so bad, as soon as I hear someone shooting it down I go on the offensive.

My bad.

It's all good man :)

For your sake hopefully I'm wrong Like I said my friend is just a compulsive gambler so he is always diggin for info. No one really knows except the Suns anyway

SpursEvolution
02-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Spurs can send RJ to pacers an rake big Z. We need him, RMJ too since he wants to be traded

BTownTeamsRKing
02-16-2010, 01:43 AM
ok i love hearing about rumors, but this is getting stupid.

make a damn deal already

_KB24_
02-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Awesome sig :p

I've been told ;)

Master Mind
02-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Sources: Cavs talking Maggette with Warriors

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4917507

KayNti
02-16-2010, 02:15 AM
The Suns is a completely different team from the Cavs. The Amare/Shaq work in Cleveland. I just dont want them to give up Z for some reason...

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:16 AM
The Amare/Shaq work in Cleveland.

any facts to back that up?

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Sources: Cavs talking Maggette with Warriors

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4917507

Maggette is underrated. What position would he play for Cleveland?

Master Mind
02-16-2010, 02:22 AM

Yeah he'd definitely be a good pick up IMO...I'd think he'd play the SG position.

IversonIsKrazy
02-16-2010, 02:28 AM
I really hope Suns dont make the trade to Cavs, but Murphy will happen. As for Jamison, i dont c the Wiz trading away their best player to their enemies.

ChiSox219
02-16-2010, 04:21 AM
I think Murphy is a much better fit for the Cavs, he strecthes the floor and rebounds better than Amare.

Derick713
02-16-2010, 04:32 AM

If I'm the Cavs I offer Wally in a sign and trade for Maggette as insurance for Delonte West.

The Cavs could try and get Maggette, Turiaf, Bell, and Radmanovic in some type of package deal. Turiaf replaces Big Z. Bell is the extra wing defender they need. Maggette is insurance incase West has to miss playoff games. V-Rad has the potential to be a shooting 4 if need be.

Maurice Williams/Delonte West/Daniel Gibson
Anthony Parker/Raja Bell/Jamario Moon
LeBron James/Corey Maggette/Vladimir Radmanovic
JJ Hickson/Anderson Varejao/Leon Powe
Shaquille O'Neal/Ronny Turiaf/Big Z/

HoosierDaddy
02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
I think Murph will be the best fit for the Cavs.

Murph + Lebron = Championship

Lebron + Amare / Jamison / Maggette / no trade = semifinal loss to Magic/ Celtics/ Toronto

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 12:54 PM
I think Murph will be the best fit for the Cavs.

Murph + Lebron = Championship

Lebron + Amare / Jamison / Maggette / no trade = semifinal loss to Magic/ Celtics/ Toronto

:laugh: