PDA

View Full Version : Knicks close to acquiring McGrady

king4day
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
The New York Knicks are getting closer to reaching the Houston Rockets’ demands for Tracy McGrady(notes) and his $23 million expiring contract, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Knicks and Rockets have designed the framework of a deal that would unload New York’s Jared Jeffries(notes), Jordan Hill(notes) and either Al Harrington(notes) or Larry Hughes(notes) for McGrady, Joey Dorsey(notes) and Brian Cook(notes).

As talks stood on Monday, the price of dumping the burdensome contract of Jeffries – who is owed $6.9 million next season – comes with the Knicks and Rockets exchanging 2011 first-round picks and the Knicks’ 2012 first-round choice going to Houston. New York also might include a 2010 second-round pick.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoTozXl0XGX8kN3iPthTNI05nYcB?slug=ys-knicksrocketstrade021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Knicks better hope they get some big names this offseason. Otherwise they're giving up wayyyyyyyy too much just to unload Jeffries.

Cool007
02-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Looks like a DONE deal.

Damnit. :mad:

he Knicks and Rockets have made progress on a proposed trade that would send Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill and either Al Harrington or Larry Hughes in exchange for Tracy McGrady, Joey Dorsey and Brian Cook.

Yahoo! Sports reports that "an agreement is within reach" and that the two teams are "increasingly confident" that the trade will be completed before Thursday's deadline.

In a part of the deal described as "fluid," the Knicks might swap 2011 picks with the Rockets and/or send their 2012 pick to Houston. One of New York's 2010 second-round picks could also be sent to the Rockets.

The deal would give the Rockets young talent in exchange for McGrady, a player no longer in the team's plans, while the Knicks have a look at McGrady the rest of this season and clear approximately $9.5 million more of salary cap room for their summer free-agent pursuits.

xabial
02-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Wow were going all in on the possibility of a Max coming to NY. Well its definetly better than the Isiah Method. Finally some financial flexability

clutchski
02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Well if they're doing this, they better hope they get 2 big FA names in the summer, otherwise they'll still be very low in the standings.

Kakaroach
02-15-2010, 10:11 PM
To give up Hill must suck, Dorsey isn't that bad but still. Walsh wants cap space like none other.

td0tsfinest
02-15-2010, 10:11 PM
wow for a sec I really thought the knicks organization really liked Jordan Hill. I guess not.

ManRam
02-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Assuming Curry exercises his option, the Knicks would have him, Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, and Joey Dorsey for about 19 million. If Curry for some reason opts out, they'll have those 5 guys for just about 8 million dollars.

That's a lot of money to work with.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-15-2010, 10:14 PM
dorsey and hill is a wash, this trade is not bad as long as we don't give up that 2012 pick im ok with this.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
To give up Hill must suck, Dorsey isn't that bad but still. Walsh wants cap space like none other.

They are giving up on Jordan Hill too early. Hes not even finished with his rookie year, and he could maybe become a solid role player for them if Lee leaves at the end of the season.

Fanthrwthknthn
Ok just like we dont need a million DROSE topic everytime time somethings updated we dont need a knicks and rockets are talking/knicks close to doings....this topic either......

Ssshbliblibl00p
And Amare is cold dissing Cleveland...love it!

Kakaroach
02-15-2010, 10:23 PM
dorsey and hill is a wash, this trade is not bad as long as we don't give up that 2012 pick im ok with this. Not really. Hill is the much better prospect but considering that both haven't played a whole lot its tough to tell.

I'm thinking this hurts the Knicks for this season unless T-Mac makes a great come-back. They lose Harrington who is instant offense off the bench and Jeffries who is their best defender. But again they get cap space.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Not really. Hill is the much better prospect but considering that both haven't played a whole lot its tough to tell.

I'm thinking this hurts the Knicks for this season unless T-Mac makes a great come-back. They lose Harrington who is instant offense off the bench and Jeffries who is their best defender. But again they get cap space.

hopefully we trade hughes instead of harrington :D

Derick713
02-15-2010, 10:26 PM
The Knicks are giving up high picks in 2011 and 2012 for one year of McGrady who is untested at this point. In essence their giving up Jordan Hill, 2011 1st, and a 2012 pick that could be in the lottery.

JerseysFinest
02-15-2010, 10:28 PM
i thought ny liked hill?

Derick713
02-15-2010, 10:29 PM
The Knicks could really use Zack Randolph and Jamaal Crawford right about now.

AddiX
02-15-2010, 10:33 PM
It has nothing to do with giving up on Hill.

But if comes down to keeping a Hill or getting a guy like Bosh, what is there to think about?

going into the biggest FA period in NBA history with the ability to get 2 max FA is all Walsh cares about. And I don't blame him. Even if we don't get Bron, but we get Wade and Bosh, its all well worth it.

Ssshbliblibl00p
02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Not really. Hill is the much better prospect but considering that both haven't played a whole lot its tough to tell.

I find it funny that Knick fans are the only ones that see its not about this season, and understand the big picture here. Its only about the cap space and its always been about the cap space. No negatives can arise in these reported deals.

Please get this deal done so I can roll this victory L

Fresno
02-15-2010, 10:42 PM

You cant be serious.

:facepalm:

They were exiled from NYC for a reason.

ccugrad1
02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I've never seen what people's big thing is with Tracy McGrady. He is hurt way too much!

Fresno
02-15-2010, 10:45 PM
hopefully we trade hughes instead of harrington :D

They are better off trading Harrington and then buying out Hughes to give more playing time to their young guys. They should buy out T-Mac aswell, its not like the Knicks are trying to compete this season and its not like T-Mac sells tickets. Knicks fans hopefully are past that point of bringing in overrated or past their prime stars to have "star value".

Knicks should just raid the NBDL bringing in some of those guys and going with the young movement to finish the season, and hoping one of those NBDL guys turns into a player who can stick around for awhile.

Sign Reggie Williams.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 10:46 PM
I've never seen what people's big thing is with Tracy McGrady. He is hurt way too much!

His contract expires. If he is waived, you're going to see how valuable he is.

I could see atleast 10-15 teams looking to bring him in for cheap this season.

Draco
02-15-2010, 10:50 PM
comes with the knicks and rockets exchanging 2011 first-round picks and the knicks’ 2012 first-round choice going to houston.

Word has gotten around. :p

BlazingInferno
02-15-2010, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't mind this as long as we get the draft picks out of there. Did Isiah not teach them one thing? Don't jeopardize the future for an injury-prone/past-prime player,

JNA17
02-15-2010, 11:00 PM
if it's larry hughes instead of harrington, then i love this for the knicks, because then they could even try to trade al harrington in another deal along with curry to try and have some team bite for that

Slimsim
02-15-2010, 11:05 PM
This sucks if this is true.

Daze9900
02-15-2010, 11:10 PM
i thought ny liked hill?

Guess they were just showcasing him.

KnicksRSick
02-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Guess they were just showcasing him.

Showcasing him? How do you figure that one? Don't see how playing him behind Jared Jefferies is showcasing.

KnicksRSick
02-16-2010, 12:29 AM

Both good role players. Both are also overpaid- not good enough to warrant being on the team. No way you win a championship with them as your two best players.

KnicksRSick
02-16-2010, 12:30 AM
It has nothing to do with giving up on Hill.

But if comes down to keeping a Hill or getting a guy like Bosh, what is there to think about?

going into the biggest FA period in NBA history with the ability to get 2 max FA is all Walsh cares about. And I don't blame him. Even if we don't get Bron, but we get Wade and Bosh, its all well worth it.

:clap: Totally agree.

FOBolous
02-16-2010, 01:49 AM
as a Rockets fan...i don't know how i feel about this.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Both good role players. Both are also overpaid- not good enough to warrant being on the team. No way you win a championship with them as your two best players.

did u just call zach randolph who is now an all star and crawford who is up for sixth man of the year just role players?

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Knicks "close" to aquiring T-Mac...

BS!

The story was first posted here early in the morning, and no **** has happened. wtf? is that their definition of "close"

As soon as the 3 way deal b/w bulls-blazers-lakers collapsed, 2 hrs laters, the blazers quickly sent outlaw and blake to the clips for camby.

This Deal ain't close, and I don't think it gonna happen. It's just BS rumors and speculation (made into something real) coming from the big market that is New York

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 02:42 AM

since we weren't able to get butler and haywood, I don't see anything else out there that looks tempting at the moment.........I say let shemac's contract expire and give it a go in FA this summer...........next year Yao will be in his last year and we'll have more money off the books when he's done, as well...........

Apophis
02-16-2010, 02:45 AM
So many trade rumors.. Hopefully Walsh gets something done..

Hustla23
02-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Are you forreal ?

You pretty much get one lottery pick ( Hill ) as well as another first round pick just by eating some salary. :facepalm:

Hustla23
02-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Knicks "close" to aquiring T-Mac...

BS!

The story was first posted here early in the morning, and no **** has happened. wtf? is that their definition of "close"

As soon as the 3 way deal b/w bulls-blazers-lakers collapsed, 2 hrs laters, the blazers quickly sent outlaw and blake to the clips for camby.

This Deal ain't close, and I don't think it gonna happen. It's just BS rumors and speculation (made into something real) coming from the big market that is New York
I really hope so.....

This trade is just way too risky for the Knicks.

If we happen to strike out in 2010 FA, then we won't even be able to fall back on draft picks....

NYtilIdie
02-16-2010, 09:04 AM
did u just call zach randolph who is now an all star and crawford who is up for sixth man of the year just role players?

All because Z-Bo grew a conscious this year and decided to pass more and nothing was wrong with J-Craw he is (and all he is) just a 6th man and we tried to make him a star by being a starter which he is not.

Fanthrwthknthn
02-16-2010, 09:11 AM
you guys just seem real bitter

fredv
02-16-2010, 09:46 AM
As a Rocket fan, I think this is a great deal for us.

The whole reason why we hesitated to make a deal for Iggy was because we would have had to take on the contract of Dalembert, which would have killed us and wouldn't have let us resign either Scola or Lowry this offseason.

With this deal, we will be eating Jeffries contract, but will still be able to resign BOTH Scola and Lowry and use our MLE and LLE to get some other guys!
We also will be getting a nice prospect in Hill who can run the fast break, is quick and can develop hopefully nicely.

Now, about the picks we would be getting. I think they would be lottery, hopefully Morey can make sure they are unprotected.
Why do I think the Knicks will be lotto?

Well, even if they were, in the BEST CASE SCENARIO to sign Lebron AND Bosh, I don't think that with a supporting cast of Curry, Gallinari, Chandler, and whoever is left they can make an impact.
Keep in mind they will be loosing Duhon, Nate, Harrington and Lee. They will also not be able to use there MLE or LLE.

Therefore, if they sign Lebron AND Bosh (which I highly doubt for lebron), even then, Im not sure they would make the playoffs.
The most likely scenario is that they will get Gay AND Bosh/Amare (if he doesn't get traded to Miami or Cleveland).

Jetsguy
02-16-2010, 10:20 AM
As a Rocket fan, I think this is a great deal for us.

The whole reason why we hesitated to make a deal for Iggy was because we would have had to take on the contract of Dalembert, which would have killed us and wouldn't have let us resign either Scola or Lowry this offseason.

With this deal, we will be eating Jeffries contract, but will still be able to resign BOTH Scola and Lowry and use our MLE and LLE to get some other guys!
We also will be getting a nice prospect in Hill who can run the fast break, is quick and can develop hopefully nicely.

Now, about the picks we would be getting. I think they would be lottery, hopefully Morey can make sure they are unprotected.
Why do I think the Knicks will be lotto?

Well, even if they were, in the BEST CASE SCENARIO to sign Lebron AND Bosh, I don't think that with a supporting cast of Curry, Gallinari, Chandler, and whoever is left they can make an impact.
Keep in mind they will be loosing Duhon, Nate, Harrington and Lee. They will also not be able to use there MLE or LLE.

Therefore, if they sign Lebron AND Bosh (which I highly doubt for lebron), even then, Im not sure they would make the playoffs.The most likely scenario is that they will get Gay AND Bosh/Amare (if he doesn't get traded to Miami or Cleveland).

That is the most rediculous thing I have heard in a long time. LBJ and Bosh on the same team and not making the eastern conference playoffs? No way you watch basketball. Tell me this what does Lebron have on his team right now that is better than Bosh, Gallanari, and Chandler? The cavs are the best team in the NBA right now dude and dont have 1 player as good as Bosh and Gallo and Chandler are very good role players.

I am not saying the Knicks will get LBJ and Bosh, I actually dont think they will but if they did you are insane to think they would not even make the playoffs....just insane

Fanthrwthknthn
02-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Gallanari only stays beyond the arc bro...that might change in time...but if im a free agent where this will be the last time for a while where i can sign a large contract i'm going to a team that has great pieces not a team thats going on hopes and dreams for signings.

In other words they are going to have to do some signings prior to getting LBJ23

fredv
02-16-2010, 10:31 AM
That is the most rediculous thing I have heard in a long time. LBJ and Bosh on the same team and not making the eastern conference playoffs? No way you watch basketball. Tell me this what does Lebron have on his team right now that is better than Bosh, Gallanari, and Chandler? The cavs are the best team in the NBA right now dude and dont have 1 player as good as Bosh and Gallo and Chandler are very good role players.

I am not saying the Knicks will get LBJ and Bosh, I actually dont think they will but if they did you are insane to think they would not even make the playoffs....just insane

The Cavs have a way, and I mean way better supporting cast than the Knicks could even think of.

Big Z, Shaq, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Anderson Varejao, Leon Powe, Daniel Gibson.

That team would do better than a Knicks team without Nate, Duhon, Harrington, Lee and others.

Who would be the starting PG for this team?
You don't get to the ECF by just adding two MAX free agents. You need a supporting cast and I think you are underestimating the intangibles that real good role players bring to the table.

wileyisTOFU
02-16-2010, 10:34 AM
It would be fun to have some knicks lottery picks

Young2Kinsler
02-16-2010, 10:36 AM
If I were Houston, that talent isn't worth that big of an expiring, but who am I?

Jetsguy
02-16-2010, 10:42 AM
The Cavs have a way, and I mean way better supporting cast than the Knicks could even think of.

Big Z, Shaq, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Anderson Varejao, Leon Powe, Daniel Gibson.

That team would do better than a Knicks team without Nate, Duhon, Harrington, Lee and others.

Who would be the starting PG for this team?
You don't get to the ECF by just adding two MAX free agents. You need a supporting cast and I think you are underestimating the intangibles that real good role players bring to the table.

it does not matter who your PG is lets just say it is Toney Douglas so your saying

PG - Toney Douglas
SG - Wilson Chandler
F - Lebron James
F - Danillo Gallanari
C - Chris Bosh

You are saying this team does not make the playoffs? I cant imagine there are any other reletively knowledgable basketball fans that think this team is not making the playoffs?

the unknown
02-16-2010, 10:47 AM
i like and dislike this trade..

DisLike: knicks are giving up way way 2 much... for expirings and the hopefulness that Tmac comes back to an almost allstar caliber player..

Like: some say the cap could be as high as 57.8 this year.. and the knicks woould have about 38 million which is enough to sign 2 max players and 1 role player wanting to win.

this could be amazing if the knicks can pick up their dream roster..

this could be bad if lebron/ bosh and wade resign with thier teams..

if the knicks end up with Joe Johnson (who i love) and boozer(rather have zbo back) than not so good..

come on Bron Bron.. come Here!!

fredv
02-16-2010, 10:48 AM
it does not matter who your PG is lets just say it is Toney Douglas so your saying

PG - Toney Douglas
SG - Wilson Chandler
F - Lebron James
F - Danillo Gallanari
C - Chris Bosh

You are saying this team does not make the playoffs? I cant imagine there are any other reletively knowledgable basketball fans that think this team is not making the playoffs?

i actually think they would fall short sorry. No bench, and the backcourt would get freakin destroyed.

Furthermore, I doubt NY gets Lebron & Bosh to be honest.

Jetsguy
02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
i actually think they would fall short sorry. No bench, and the backcourt would get freakin destroyed.

I doubt it too but you are like I said you are crazy dude to think this team is not making the playoffs. The 7th and 8th seeds as it stands right now have losing records. Last year the pistons were something like 39-43 I just cant believe you think that team would not make the playoffs.

Diewitdaknicks
02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Assuming Curry exercises his option, the Knicks would have him, Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, and Joey Dorsey for about 19 million. If Curry for some reason opts out, they'll have those 5 guys for just about 8 million dollars.

That's a lot of money to work with.

Unfortunately there is no pride in basketball anymore and curry is shameless he won't opt out. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

nygiants242
02-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Wow, horrible deal for the Knicks IMO. I think it's a huge rip!

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 11:29 AM
3 way trade idea!!

3 way trade idea! Boom!!!!

- Celtics acquire SG/PG Nate Robinson, PF/SF J.Jefferies, & contract of SG Cuttino Mobley(probably a buyout afterwards).

- Rockets acquire C E.Curry, PF J.Hill, & SG L.Hughes

- Knicks acquire SG's JR Gidden & Ray Allen, and SF T.Mcgrady.

Celtics lineup: Celtics get younger quick with the addition of N.Robinson. Jefferies provides leadership off the bench. Not to mention expiring contract of Cuttino Mobley cuts 9 mill off the salary next season.

C) Perkins/Sheed/S.Williams
PF) Garnett/BigBaby/Scalabrine
SF) Pierce/M.Daniels/J.Jefferies
SG) N.Robinson/T.Allen/B.Walker
PG) R.Rondo/ E.House

Rockets Lineup: *release(buyout) Cook. Rockets acquire an expiring contract with Hughes. Curry, who can be a pretty good center. J.Hill, who's still rare and can become a dominant PF in Adelman's system.

C) E.Curry/D.Anderson/C.Hayes
PF) L.Scola/M.Landry/J.Hill
SF) T.Ariza/C.Budinger/J.Dorsey
SG) S.Battier/L.Hughes/J.Taylor
PG) A.Brooks/K.Lowry/G.Temple

Knicks lineup: (If this was the 5 years ago.. this would of been a playoff caliber lineup). Knicks get over 40 million of expiring contracts with acquisitions Ray Allen & T-Mac.

C) D.Lee/D.Milicic
PF) D.Gallanari/A.Harrington/M.Landry
SF) T.McGrady/W.Chandler
SG) R. Allen/ JR Giddens
PG) C.Duhon/T.Douglass

Young and Stupid
02-16-2010, 11:34 AM

I'm not even a Knicks fan, but you're making yourself look pretty stupid. The Cleveland LeBrons would be what without him? Come on, you're better than that.

GoNY
02-16-2010, 11:44 AM

Seriously?

LeBron and 4 D league scrubs would make the playoffs.

Jetsguy
02-16-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm not even a Knicks fan, but you're making yourself look pretty stupid. The Cleveland LeBrons would be what without him? Come on, you're better than that.

Seriously?

LeBron and 4 D league scrubs would make the playoffs.

Thank god I thought I was going crazy!

king4day
02-16-2010, 11:50 AM
3 way trade idea!!

- Celtics acquire SG/PG Nate Robinson, PF/SF J.Jefferies, & contract of SG Cuttino Mobley(probably a buyout afterwards).

He wouldn't take a buyout unless it was for the full amount. He's never going to play ball again so there's no reason to take less just to get bought out.

GoNY
02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Thank god I thought I was going crazy!

You're not lol. That was an outrageous thing to say.

I don't even believe that the Knicks will get LBJ+Bosh...BUT

2 top 10 players along with Gallo and Chandler, who are very good young players would be a top 2 seed in the East. Douglas is also the perfect PG for LeBron. Great defender is a good shooter. Bench could be filled out with Vet Min players just like Boston did when they acquired the big 3.

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 11:59 AM
You're not lol. That was an outrageous thing to say.

I don't even believe that the Knicks will get LBJ+Bosh...BUT

2 top 10 players along with Gallo and Chandler, who are very good young players would be a top 2 seed in the East. Douglas is also the perfect PG for LeBron. Great defender is a good shooter. Bench could be filled out with Vet Min players just like Boston did when they acquired the big 3.

Before the season... I was hoping the Knicks would wind up with A'Mare Stoudamire and Joe Johnson. Both thrived in D'Antoni's offensive scheme. But with A'Mare on the trade block with teams like; Miami, Bulls, & Cavs. Not sure if the Knicks have a chance with getting A'Mare.

As a knick fan though.. if we get at least Joe Johnson, I'd be "Cool" with that. A potential lineup, as of now, with Lee, Hill, Gallanari, J.Johnson, and maybe Tony Douglass at PG; with Chandler coming off the bench as the 6th man for the 2010-2011 season.

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2010, 12:01 PM
He wouldn't take a buyout unless it was for the full amount. He's never going to play ball again so there's no reason to take less just to get bought out.

By buyout.. I meant the celtics would "eat up all of his contract" b/c, as you can see from the trade, their wouldnt be that much room for Mobley on their roster. So they would receive 9 million off the books next season.

dstruong
02-16-2010, 12:59 PM
this is the dream scenario for the knicks. If only the celtics and rockets GM's were idiots. Getting rid of curry and jefferies and only losing jordan hill.

3 way trade idea!!

- Rockets acquire C E.Curry, PF J.Hill, & SG L.Hughes

- Knicks acquire SG's JR Gidden & Ray Allen, and SF T.Mcgrady.

Celtics lineup: Celtics get younger quick with the addition of N.Robinson. Jefferies provides leadership off the bench. Not to mention expiring contract of Cuttino Mobley cuts 9 mill off the salary next season.

C) Perkins/Sheed/S.Williams
PF) Garnett/BigBaby/Scalabrine
SF) Pierce/M.Daniels/J.Jefferies
SG) N.Robinson/T.Allen/B.Walker
PG) R.Rondo/ E.House

Rockets Lineup: *release(buyout) Cook. Rockets acquire an expiring contract with Hughes. Curry, who can be a pretty good center. J.Hill, who's still rare and can become a dominant PF in Adelman's system.

C) E.Curry/D.Anderson/C.Hayes
PF) L.Scola/M.Landry/J.Hill
SF) T.Ariza/C.Budinger/J.Dorsey
SG) S.Battier/L.Hughes/J.Taylor
PG) A.Brooks/K.Lowry/G.Temple

Knicks lineup: (If this was the 5 years ago.. this would of been a playoff caliber lineup). Knicks get over 40 million of expiring contracts with acquisitions Ray Allen & T-Mac.

C) D.Lee/D.Milicic
PF) D.Gallanari/A.Harrington/M.Landry
SF) T.McGrady/W.Chandler
SG) R. Allen/ JR Giddens
PG) C.Duhon/T.Douglass

cmacmath
02-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Some of you people really don't get it...

This trade has NOTHING to do with McGrady. Don't get it twisted. The Knicks are NOT trying to bring in Tracy McGrady because they think he is an all-star and can help them make the playoffs.

They are using this trade to get rid of Jared Jeffries and that is the sole reason. Now, some of you are saying you can't believe they are giving up on Hill. Well, that is where they are balking. They don't want to give up on Hill, but if they give up Jeffries they can sign 2 Max guys this summer. Meaning any 2 of Lebron, Wade, or Bosh. You wouldn't rather have one of those 3 than Jordan Hill????

Then Curry comes off the books the following year the same time Chris Paul becomes a free agent and New Orleans might not be able to pay him, so would a 2012 first round pick really matter if your line up was:

2010:
PG - Nate Robinson
SG - Wilson Chandler
SF - Lebron James
PF - Danillo Gallinari
C - Chris Bosh

2011:
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Wilson Chandler
SF - Lebron James
PF - Danillo Gallinari
C - Chris Bosh

2011 is more of a dream scenario I will admit. 2010 with this trade becomes very realistic tho. I assume you all watched the all star game. You don't think Donnie Walsh can sit 2 of these guys down and convince them to play at the Garden for together for the next 7 years and try to win championships together? Who would stop them? Seriously? And Curry frees up $20 mill more after 2010!!

ldc62
02-16-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't like this trade... that being said, I'm not expecting much from Hill. Are the Rockets still going to be big time players in the FA market this year?

scruffmacgruff
02-16-2010, 04:21 PM
The Rockets wont have money for a max player regardless they will have about 8 mil to spend if they just let mcgrady expire