PDA

View Full Version : T'Wolves Expected To Trade Al Jefferson?

Fresno
02-15-2010, 03:29 PM
The Timberwolves' interest in Tyrus Thomas could indicate that they're gearing up to trade Al Jefferson this summer.

Yahoo! Sports reports that "Jefferson is expected to be traded for a talented, young small forward." There are no guarantees this will happen, but it would leave Tyrus and Kevin Love paired as a talented if undersized frontcourt.

Rotoworld

The Al Jefferson trade rumors keep coming up, does Minnesota really think they are better off with Kevin Love? :facepalm:

Raoul Duke
02-15-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't think they've made up their mind which guy they want to get rid of. I think they just want an athletic power forward to pair with either Love or Jefferson.

Or maybe they do want to get rid of Jefferson. Hard to say. Nothing Minnesota does really makes any sense.

Public Enemy #1
02-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Ay, Corey Maggette? lol Doubt it but he is a talented small forward.

Kakaroach
02-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Like I said before, would they really trade their franchise player twice in less than 4 seasons? I would hope not.

zambo4president
02-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Bulls would be good for years if they traded for him. Kirk and Ty for Al

Mr.WhiteSox
02-15-2010, 10:11 PM

agreed than picked up a free agent in the offseason

Denver-boy
02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
:jumpy: Come to denver... we need a big guy

BlueJayFanDan
02-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Jefferson to the Mavs for Dampier and Barea and Tim Thomas. Lots of expiring deals. Very tempting...

D1JM
02-15-2010, 10:30 PM
they said they were going to trade him in the offseason for a talented young Small Forward. Only two come to my mind: Deng and Rudy Gay.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I can see Iggy more than everyone else.

Memphis is already set at the front court so it can't be Gay.

Wisdom Listens
02-15-2010, 11:10 PM
does Minnesota really think they are better off with Kevin Love?

Perhaps not for the immediate future, but certainly depending on what we receive in return for Jefferson, coupled with Love's upside, I don't see any problem with it.

Love is a better rebounder, a better outlet passer, and has more range with his shot. Al is a better inside scorer, but there's nothing that tells me Love couldn't come at least close to Jefferson's offensive production at some point (I see him as an 18/15 type player). Even if he doesn't, however, I believe he makes it up in other areas.

We essentially have 2 players for 1 position, and Jefferson is the most logical choice as trade bait (and I'm sure this is the Wolves thinking as well) as Love's contract is much more salary cap friendly.

CowboysKB24
02-16-2010, 01:26 AM

They wouldn't win the championship. They probably wouldn't get that close.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Like I said before, would they really trade their franchise player twice in less than 4 seasons? I would hope not.

i don't really consider al jefferson to be a franchise player at all, it seems he has gotten a lot worse even since his injury thing happened, and kevin love has been playing great so far.

IMO i think al jeff is overrated but with that said, a tyrus for al jeff swap would rape the t-wolves.

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 01:32 AM
al jefferson is a beast......

abe_froman
02-16-2010, 01:38 AM
I can see Iggy more than everyone else.

Memphis is already set at the front court so it can't be Gay.

to much locked up in brand(similar) and speights so no for philly unless they can dump brand(not happening)

KB24PG16
02-16-2010, 01:39 AM
hoplefully they get thomas in the 3-way trade with lakers, bulls, and wolves

Denver-boy
02-16-2010, 01:40 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yhgp7r8

heres a idea... dont care if doesnt happen just cool to think about.

timberwolve fan might get mad...tho. most likely cause they lose gomes in the deal. lol but according to this My nuggets lose in the deal?

if it doesnt work, here:

Suns get:

Al thortan- From T- wolves
Ryan Gomes SF- From T-wolves
Malik Allen- From Nuggets

Wolves get:

Jaren Dudley SF- from Suns
Nene Hilario C- from Nuggets
R.Balkman PF- from Nuggets

Nuggets get:

Nathan Jawai C- From T.Wolves
Amare stoudamire PF/C - From Suns
t.giffin F- From Suns

according to ESPN this deal favors, Suns, than T-Wolves, and in last Nuggets. ??? dont ask me why

JNA17
02-16-2010, 01:42 AM
hoplefully they get thomas in the 3-way trade with lakers, bulls, and wolves

Lakers Trade:
Sasha Vuichic (don't know how to spell his last name lol)
Adam Morrison

Bulls Trade:
Tyrus Thomas
Kirk Hinrich

Wolves Trade:
Al jefferson

Lakers Get:
Kirk Hinrich

Bulls Get:
Al Jefferson

T-Wolves Get:
Tyrus Thomas
Sasha V
Adam Morrison

doubt the wolves would actually do this one unless the bulls added loul deng but who knows :D

topdog
02-16-2010, 01:53 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yhgp7r8

heres a idea... dont care if doesnt happen just cool to think about.

timberwolve fan might get mad...tho. most likely cause they lose gomes in the deal. lol but according to this My nuggets lose in the deal?

if it doesnt work, here:

Suns get:

Al thortan- From T- wolves
Ryan Gomes SF- From T-wolves
Malik Allen- From Nuggets

Wolves get:

Jaren Dudley SF- from Suns
Nene Hilario C- from Nuggets
R.Balkman PF- from Nuggets

Nuggets get:

Nathan Jawai C- From T.Wolves
Amare stoudamire PF/C - From Suns
t.giffin F- From Suns

according to ESPN this deal favors, Suns, than T-Wolves, and in last Nuggets. ??? dont ask me why

Wolves don't have Al Thorton, buddy... and why does anyone but the Nugs wanna do this?

topdog
02-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Jefferson to the Mavs for Dampier and Barea and Tim Thomas. Lots of expiring deals. Very tempting...

Seriously, would ppl stop proposing deals with the selling point being "it gets them lot's of cap space." Yeah Lakers should trade Kobe for cap space. Wolves should trade Jefferson for cap space. Suns should trade Nash for cap space.

If Kahn trades Jefferson (which he obviously hasn't ruled out - this summer), it will be for a star wing player and nothing less.

Chacarron
02-16-2010, 02:04 AM
Seriously, would ppl stop proposing deals with the selling point being "it gets them lot's of cap space." Yeah Lakers should trade Kobe for cap space. Wolves should trade Jefferson for cap space. Suns should trade Nash for cap space.

If Kahn trades Jefferson (which he obviously hasn't ruled out - this summer), it will be for a star wing player and nothing less.

Teams are trying to trade for expirings and get cap space because next summer is the big summer of 2010. They are all trying hard to have room to sign a player like Lebron or Wade or Bosh. The Wizards did so by trading away Butler and Haywood.

SpursEvolution
02-16-2010, 02:09 AM
RJ, Mason, Bonner, rights to Tiago Splitter

AlJefferson, Filler

abe_froman
02-16-2010, 02:13 AM
Teams are trying to trade for expirings and get cap space because next summer is the big summer of 2010. They are all trying hard to have room to sign a player like Lebron or Wade or Bosh. The Wizards did so by trading away Butler and Haywood.

teams are,wolves might not be one of them

Mike515089
02-16-2010, 04:06 AM
I would like to see Jefferson traded to the Warriors I like the Maggs for Jefferson idea.

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 04:09 AM
please make some type of move on this morey...PLEASE

Bullsfan22
02-16-2010, 04:13 AM
deng and tyrus for big AL!

Derick713
02-16-2010, 04:22 AM
I could see the Bulls dealing James Johnson or Luol Deng for Al Jefferson.

Bulls Get-
Al Jefferson

T-Wolves Get-
Bulls 2010 1st
Tyrus Thomas
James Johnson
Jerome James

boeknows
02-16-2010, 04:27 AM

Yeah thats about the worst trade proposal ive ever seen for Al.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:29 AM
I could see the Bulls dealing James Johnson or Luol Deng for Al Jefferson.

Bulls Get-
Al Jefferson

T-Wolves Get-
Bulls 2010 1st
Tyrus Thomas
James Johnson
Jerome James

wolves would not do that even if the gm and the owner were both drunk and close to death.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 04:33 AM
I havent seen one deal that i would actually trade Jefferson for in this thread. Why would we want to trade our best player for either salary cap or crappy players. If we dont have Jefferson why would a free agent want to come here? And why should we trade our best player for the others teams crappy players?

Also to the person that said the wings that fit would be Deng or Gay. Why cant the Wolves sign Gay this offseason. If they really want Gay they have the salary cap to try to sign him this offseason.

Derick713
02-16-2010, 04:48 AM
wolves would not do that even if the gm and the owner were both drunk and close to death.

Khan likes both Tyrus Thomas and James Johnson. He wants a talented SF for Al Jefferson. The Bulls have Luol Deng as well.

It's funny since the T-Wolves could've had LaMarcus Aldridge, Luol Deng, and Tyson Chandler for Kevin Garnett.

What Could've Been.

Rodney Stuckey/Goran Dragic/
Brandon Roy/
Luol Deng/Danny Granger/
LaMarcus Aldridge/Marc Gasol/
Brook Lopez/DeAndre Jordan/

boeknows
02-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Can you prove that was actually an offer when we had KG?

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Khan likes both Tyrus Thomas and James Johnson. He wants a talented SF for Al Jefferson. The Bulls have Luol Deng as well.

It's funny since the T-Wolves could've had LaMarcus Aldridge, Luol Deng, and Tyson Chandler for Kevin Garnett.

What Could've Been.

OJ Mayo/
Brandon Roy/
Luol Deng/
LaMarcus Aldridge/
Tyson Chandler/

tyson chandler is crap but everything else is actually good.

and the gm also has a fetish for point guards but you don't see him trading kevin love for chris duhon do you?

Either way, Tyrus....HUGE HUGE HUGE downgrade from al jefferson and the wolves already have wayne ellington so what's the point for james johnson?

calibird707
02-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Weren't they talking a jefferson for granger trade...

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:59 AM
Weren't they talking a jefferson for granger trade...

that was like 2 months ago i think. Also it was just a rumor, pacers would not do that especially since Granger imo is much better then al jeff.

Derick713
02-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Can you prove that was actually an offer when we had KG?

At the very least the Bulls were going to part with 2nd overall pick which would've been LaMarcus Aldridge. The Bulls would've had to include Deng and Chandler to make the numbers work.

WHAT THE CORE SHOULD'VE BEEN

Brandon Roy
Luol Deng
LaMarcus Aldridge

boeknows
02-16-2010, 05:02 AM
Once again all specualtion on ur part.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 05:05 AM
tyson chandler is crap but everything else is actually good.

and the gm also has a fetish for point guards but you don't see him trading kevin love for chris duhon do you?

Either way, Tyrus....HUGE HUGE HUGE downgrade from al jefferson and the wolves already have wayne ellington so what's the point for james johnson?

And how do we actually have a fetish for PG's? We have 2 on our roster right now....Sessions and Flynn.....and we have one overseas. How many PG's do u have on your team? I guess if its more than 2 then your team has more of a fetish with Pg's than the Wolves.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:12 AM
And how do we actually have a fetish for PG's? We have 2 on our roster right now....Sessions and Flynn.....and we have one overseas. How many PG's do u have on your team? I guess if its more than 2 then your team has more of a fetish with Pg's than the Wolves.

you drafted 3 point guards in the draft when you could have easily just drafted flynn and curry. then it would have been flynn-curry-brewer-love-al jeff. Much better future and now lineup then having some guy name wilkins starting. Or sometimes Gomes.

but that's a topic for another time :D

boeknows
02-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Actually since Curry said before the draft that he was going to play PG in the NBA that wouldnt have worked for us. Since both him and Flynn wouldnt have been starting at the same time. So why spend the 5th pick in the draft on the starter and the 6th pick in the draft on the backup PG. And also your wrong on us drafting 3 pg's in the draft. We drafted 4. We drafted Flynn who is starting for us and Rubio who is overseas. Lawson was traded to Denver who now owes us the Bobcats 1st rounder. Calathes was also drafted by us and traded to Dallas for a future 2nd round pick and cash.

Also why are you talking about Wilkins and Gomes starting. They dont start at the SG position for us so they really dont matter. If we would have drafted a SG higher in the draft most likely Gomes would still be starting for us at the SF position.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:21 AM
Actually since Curry said before the draft that he was going to play PG in the NBA that wouldnt have worked for us. Since both him and Flynn wouldnt have been starting at the same time. So why spend the 5th pick in the draft on the starter and the 6th pick in the draft on the backup PG. And also your wrong on us drafting 3 pg's in the draft. We drafted 4. We drafted Flynn who is starting for us and Rubio who is overseas. Lawson was traded to Denver who now owes us the Bobcats 1st rounder. Calathes was also drafted by us and traded to Dallas for a future 2nd round pick and cash.

Also why are you talking about Wilkins and Gomes starting. They dont start at the SG position for us so they really dont matter. If we would have drafted a SG higher in the draft most likely Gomes would still be starting for us at the SF position.

We all know that Curry is more of a SG, sure he said that he wanted to play PG but if he had to play SG he would, and would be a much better fit there. And wow 4!? Seriously do you guys hate SGs or something? I mean you even traded Bradon Roy for Randy Foye for crying out loud.

Also I mean Wilkins or Gomes starting at SF. I believe Brewer is starting at SG for now right?

boeknows
02-16-2010, 05:26 AM
We all know that Curry is more of a SG, sure he said that he wanted to play PG but if he had to play SG he would, and would be a much better fit there. And wow 4!? Seriously do you guys hate SGs or something? I mean you even traded Bradon Roy for Randy Foye for crying out loud.

Also I mean Wilkins or Gomes starting at SF. I believe Brewer is starting at SG for now right?

Yeah Gomes and Wilkins are starting at SF for us and Brewer is at the SG position. With the Roy Foye trade it was McHale that did that trade how can you say anything about Kahn not liking SG's when he hasnt done anything with SG's besides trading Miller for Rubio and drafting Ellington.

Also when we worked out Curry he got dominated by the other PG's on the defensive end. He did horrible against the other PG's and wasnt using his size against the smaller PG's. He would have been even worse for us on the defensive end guarding the other teams SG's.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:39 AM
Yeah Gomes and Wilkins are starting at SF for us and Brewer is at the SG position. With the Roy Foye trade it was McHale that did that trade how can you say anything about Kahn not liking SG's when he hasnt done anything with SG's besides trading Miller for Rubio and drafting Ellington.

Also when we worked out Curry he got dominated by the other PG's on the defensive end. He did horrible against the other PG's and wasnt using his size against the smaller PG's. He would have been even worse for us on the defensive end guarding the other teams SG's.

It's more like trading miller for nobody since imo Rubio will either never play for the wolves or in the nba, which once again, waste of a pick.

How can you be so sure of that? I could say that lamar odom (who can play PG...on the offensive end) can't defend Point guards because he would get creamed, but he can guard SFs and PFs pretty well.

Guarding a Point guard is much different then guarding a Shooting Guard, for starters, when you guard a point guard, you guard a guy who likely takes the ball up the court all the time and becomes that teams "quarterback" sort to speak (unless your cavs and lebron is on your team).

Curry not defending other point guards well just proves my point ever more of why he would fit so much better at SG. Because with guarding SGs, unless your guarding a player like RIP Hamilton who move without the ball almost every time on the offensive end, they don't hold the ball as much as point guards to. Which makes it very easy for Curry to defend the opposing SGs.

Curry was not that great of a defender in college either, so his defense problem was expected, but he's not known for that, he's known for his offensive talents like his great shooting ability who many people claim him to be one of the best shooters they have ever seen.

mvb815
02-16-2010, 05:41 AM

remember, it's the wolves

kirk, hunter, pargo for al

maybe get a third team involved to ship more PGs there

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:43 AM

Bingo :laugh:

boeknows
02-16-2010, 05:48 AM
It's more like trading miller for nobody since imo Rubio will either never play for the wolves or in the nba, which once again, waste of a pick.

How can you be so sure of that? I could say that lamar odom (who can play PG...on the offensive end) can't defend Point guards because he would get creamed, but he can guard SFs and PFs pretty well.

Guarding a Point guard is much different then guarding a Shooting Guard, for starters, when you guard a point guard, you guard a guy who likely takes the ball up the court all the time and becomes that teams "quarterback" sort to speak (unless your cavs and lebron is on your team).

Curry not defending other point guards well just proves my point ever more of why he would fit so much better at SG. Because with guarding SGs, unless your guarding a player like RIP Hamilton who move without the ball almost every time on the offensive end, they don't hold the ball as much as point guards to. Which makes it very easy for Curry to defend the opposing SGs.

Curry was not that great of a defender in college either, so his defense problem was expected, but he's not known for that, he's known for his offensive talents like his great shooting ability who many people claim him to be one of the best shooters they have ever seen.

Well if we really just wanted a shooter at the Sg position we would have just kept Mayo last year. We want someone who is more of a complete player or at least someone that can do a couple things.

And i think its stupid for people to say that its a dumb trade to trade Miller and Foye for Rubio because they dont think Rubio will ever play for us. You dont know and we wont find out for at least another year and a half. We got rid of 2 guys that arent part of our future for the #1 player in Europe. If he plays for us or not we will still get good value out of him.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 05:51 AM

Wow another PG comment. So original. Sad thing is that the Bulls actually have more PG's than the Wolves do. The Wolves have Sessions and Flynn and you can even count Rubio if you want. The Bulls have Rose, Pargo, Hunter and Hinrich.

Philly Hammer
02-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Also I mean Wilkins or Gomes starting at SF. I believe Brewer is starting at SG for now right?That's hating shooting guards and, plain stupidity all at the same time. Minny would trade Michael Jordan if they got the chance with their incompetent front office. So they trade away a very good player for an average player and, get rid of the average player for nothing its like they never drafted for the shooting guard position at all.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Well if we really just wanted a shooter at the Sg position we would have just kept Mayo last year. We want someone who is more of a complete player or at least someone that can do a couple things.

And i think its stupid for people to say that its a dumb trade to trade Miller and Foye for Rubio because they dont think Rubio will ever play for us. You dont know and we wont find out for at least another year and a half. We got rid of 2 guys that arent part of our future for the #1 player in Europe. If he plays for us or not we will still get good value out of him.

Actually Mayo is more then just a shooter....which is why i did not understand the trade with the mayo-love swap at all. (although it could be just me being a huge fan of oj mayo but still...)

Rubio said it himself that he wanted to play in a huge big market team, like a New York or something. In other words, he wanted to pull a Kobe Bryant and look for that team to play with, and if he did not get drafted by that "team". Then he would demand a trade.

But unfortunately he gets screwed in a certain financial situation. Even though i actually did not understand that situation that much but i believe it was something like trying to get a buyout of his other team and get a bit of bigger contract from the wolves and the wolves did not want to do it? Correct me if im wrong.

As for getting good value out of him i somehow doubt that, you see why would a team risk getting the rights of a player who might not even play ever in the nba? That's what most of these teams think. And even if he does soon come to the nba, what if they want to just wait till his rights with the wolves expire and be able to sign him themselves?

boeknows
02-16-2010, 05:58 AM
That's hating shooting guards and, plain stupidity all at the same time. Minny would trade Michael Jordan if they got the chance with their incompetent front office. So they trade away a very good player for an average player and, get rid of the average player for nothing its like they never drafted for the shooting guard position at all.

With as much time as you spend in the Minnesota forum you should know by now that the Wolves have different front office personell.

Philly Hammer
02-16-2010, 05:58 AM
Minnesota will probably trade big Al for another point guard I think Chicago has made Kirk available looks like a perfect match or maybe Monte Ellis.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:01 AM
That's hating shooting guards and, plain stupidity all at the same time. Minny would trade Michael Jordan if they got the chance with their incompetent front office. So they trade away a very good player for an average player and, get rid of the average player for nothing its like they never drafted for the shooting guard position at all.

I would not go that far with the MJ comment, however i even did research and posted a thread a while back about their how you say..."hatred for SGs by the wolves" and it was very interesting. It really did seem like the wolves just did not like SGs.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:03 AM
Actually Mayo is more then just a shooter....which is why i did not understand the trade with the mayo-love swap at all. (although it could be just me being a huge fan of oj mayo but still...)

Rubio said it himself that he wanted to play in a huge big market team, like a New York or something. In other words, he wanted to pull a Kobe Bryant and look for that team to play with, and if he did not get drafted by that "team". Then he would demand a trade.

But unfortunately he gets screwed in a certain financial situation. Even though i actually did not understand that situation that much but i believe it was something like trying to get a buyout of his other team and get a bit of bigger contract from the wolves and the wolves did not want to do it? Correct me if im wrong.

As for getting good value out of him i somehow doubt that, you see why would a team risk getting the rights of a player who might not even play ever in the nba? That's what most of these teams think. And even if he does soon come to the nba, what if they want to just wait till his rights with the wolves expire and be able to sign him themselves?

If you claim that Rubio wont ever play for the Wolves but you dont know a thing about the buy out situation then why even comment on it. You just showed me that you have no clue what is going on with his situation and only read what you want to read in regards to him. If you can show me an article that says that Rubio only wants to play in a huge big market team I will be impressed. Not once has Rubio ever said those words. Some of Rubios people have said some stupid things but never have those words been spoken by Rubio. Also never has he said that he wont play for Minnesota.

Philly Hammer
02-16-2010, 06:05 AM
I would not go that far with the MJ comment, however i even did research and posted a thread a while back about their how you say..."hatred for SGs by the wolves" and it was very interesting. It really did seem like the wolves just did not like SGs.Very true and they have plenty of ammo to prove so. I believe they traded Ray Allen away during that years draft another sg.

D1JM
02-16-2010, 06:05 AM
I havent seen one deal that i would actually trade Jefferson for in this thread. Why would we want to trade our best player for either salary cap or crappy players. If we dont have Jefferson why would a free agent want to come here? And why should we trade our best player for the others teams crappy players?

Also to the person that said the wings that fit would be Deng or Gay. Why cant the Wolves sign Gay this offseason. If they really want Gay they have the salary cap to try to sign him this offseason.

minnesota isnt a big market or a place that attracts players. That is why Gay will have New York, Miami, Houston, Nets offering him contracts.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:06 AM
Minnesota will probably trade big Al for another point guard I think Chicago has made Kirk available looks like a perfect match or maybe Monte Ellis.

Yes you are right. The Wolves love PG's thats why they have 2 on their roster. I think maybe you should be worrying more about Philly. Since they have 2 overpaid big men that nobody in the league wants.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:11 AM
minnesota isnt a big market or a place that attracts players. That is why Gay will have New York, Miami, Houston, Nets offering him contracts.

This is true but IMO those teams will be a little more preoccupied by other bigger free agents. Also i doubt NY wants him since they already have Gallinari and Wilson that can play the SF position for them. Miami isnt going to go after him unless they decide they want to move Beasley to the PF spot. I could maybe see Houston and the Nets going after him. Houston is the most likely IMO.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:13 AM
Very true and they have plenty of ammo to prove so. I believe they traded Ray Allen away during that years draft another sg.

Yeah they traded away Allen for Marbury...who actually was a very good player in the years he played for us. We just didnt know that Marbury was going to be a little ***** and whine about not getting paid as much as Garnett and complain about not being the #1 option.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:14 AM
If you claim that Rubio wont ever play for the Wolves but you dont know a thing about the buy out situation then why even comment on it. You just showed me that you have no clue what is going on with his situation and only read what you want to read in regards to him. If you can show me an article that says that Rubio only wants to play in a huge big market team I will be impressed. Not once has Rubio ever said those words. Some of Rubios people have said some stupid things but never have those words been spoken by Rubio. Also never has he said that he wont play for Minnesota.

The buyout situation is pretty much over with now since he signed to play with his other team for 2 or 3 more years. So knowing it now is pretty much useless.

As for Rubio wanting to play in a big market team well...

http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/2009/06/26/who-does-ricky-rubio-think-he-is/

I could find a lot more but right now im pretty tired and going to bed in like 2 min lol :(.

Like i said, it's either not playing for the wolves or not playing in the nba for him right now (and what i mean by right now i mean in 2 or 3 years when he CAN play in the nba).

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:18 AM
The buyout situation is pretty much over with now since he signed to play with his other team for 2 or 3 more years. So knowing it now is pretty much useless.

As for Rubio wanting to play in a big market team well...

http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/2009/06/26/who-does-ricky-rubio-think-he-is/

I could find a lot more but right now im pretty tired and going to bed in like 2 min lol :(.

Like i said, it's either not playing for the wolves or not playing in the nba for him right now (and what i mean by right now i mean in 2 or 3 years when he CAN play in the nba).

Yes and in that article it says that Rubios camp wants Rubio to play in a bigger market. It says nowhere in there that Rubio said he wants to play in a bigger market.

And the buyout situation still isnt over. He still has a buyout option if he wants to play in the NBA. Just for the next couple years its an arm and a leg and wont happen.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Yes you are right. The Wolves love PG's thats why they have 2 on their roster. I think maybe you should be worrying more about Philly. Since they have 2 overpaid big men that nobody in the league wants.

What does wolves only having 2 point guards now change the fact that they drafted 4 of them and then trading 2 of them and 1 of them left to play in europe? It's basically a huge waste when they could have done so much more, so many other scenarios that would have made the team so much better. Even getting Derozen would have been better, but if the wolves must get another point guard, then what about jennings instead of rubio? At least Jennings would actually play and he's been playing really well while he backed up what he said about himself during the draft combine.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Yeah they traded away Allen for Marbury...who actually was a very good player in the years he played for us. We just didnt know that Marbury was going to be a little ***** and whine about not getting paid as much as Garnett and complain about not being the #1 option.

marbury was very good, except ray allen was the better player and better attitude wise (well much better in that respect lol).

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:25 AM
What does wolves only having 2 point guards now change the fact that they drafted 4 of them and then trading 2 of them and 1 of them left to play in europe? It's basically a huge waste when they could have done so much more, so many other scenarios that would have made the team so much better. Even getting Derozen would have been better, but if the wolves must get another point guard, then what about jennings instead of rubio? At least Jennings would actually play and he's been playing really well while he backed up what he said about himself during the draft combine.

Well they werent going to compete this year so they used the picks to their advantage. They drafted Lawson and traded him to Denver for the Bobcats first rounder next year. They will get a higher pick next year then the 18th pick they had this year and next years draft is supposed to have more talent in it. They picked Calathes and traded him to Dallas for a future 2nd rounder in which they can try to use in another trade this year. They reason they picked Rubio was because they were working to the future. Also if i remember right Jennings refused to work out for the Wolves and had some major chacter issues coming into the draft. Derozen also didnt impress the Wolves when he worked out for them.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:28 AM
marbury was very good, except ray allen was the better player and better attitude wise (well much better in that respect lol).

Actually Marbury was the better player in the 2 plus seasons he was with the Wolves. In those season he averaged around 17 ppg and over 8 apg while only have 3 turnovers per game. He had a decent attitude at first but after the 2nd season was when it turned really bad.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Well they werent going to compete this year so they used the picks to their advantage. They drafted Lawson and traded him to Denver for the Bobcats first rounder next year. They will get a higher pick next year then the 18th pick they had this year and next years draft is supposed to have more talent in it. They picked Calathes and traded him to Dallas for a future 2nd rounder in which they can try to use in another trade this year. They reason they picked Rubio was because they were working to the future. Also if i remember right Jennings refused to work out for the Wolves and had some major chacter issues coming into the draft. Derozen also didnt impress the Wolves when he worked out for them.

Of course they weren't going to compete, the idea is looking for to complete your young to become a beast in the future. Drafting a lot of point guards, signing one, and trading some does not really help.

Like i said, many many scenarios they could have done, even drafting curry, trading one or both of your picks to get griffen, or trading one of picks and something else to get james harden, or trading one or two of your picks to get someone really good, MANY MANY MANY MANY and one more time, MANY other possibles they could have done and in my opinion, they chose the WORST scenario.

That will be it for me for tonight. peace :)

Philly Hammer
02-16-2010, 06:35 AM
What does wolves only having 2 point guards now change the fact that they drafted 4 of them and then trading 2 of them and 1 of them left to play in europe? It's basically a huge waste when they could have done so much more, so many other scenarios that would have made the team so much better. Even getting Derozen would have been better, but if the wolves must get another point guard, then what about jennings instead of rubio? At least Jennings would actually play and he's been playing really well while he backed up what he said about himself during the draft combine. Jennings, Derozen, and Mullens to me would probably been a very good move in that draft imo.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Of course they weren't going to compete, the idea is looking for to complete your young to become a beast in the future. Drafting a lot of point guards, signing one, and trading some does not really help.

Like i said, many many scenarios they could have done, even drafting curry, trading one or both of your picks to get griffen, or trading one of picks and something else to get james harden, or trading one or two of your picks to get someone really good, MANY MANY MANY MANY and one more time, MANY other possibles they could have done and in my opinion, they chose the WORST scenario.

That will be it for me for tonight. peace :)

Its a really good thing that your not the Wolves GM then. Especially with you thinking that we should try to trade up to get Griffin. Yeah that would really make sense. Draft Griffin so we would have him Love and Jefferson all to fight over the PF spot. If you really dont see how trading Lawson and Calathes helps them for the future then i guess there is really no hope for you in this situation.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Jennings, Derozen, and Mullens to me would probably been a very good move in that draft imo.

Jennings didnt work out for us.....Derozen didnt impress us....and Mullens was getting pushed around by our tv commentator. When ur getting pushed around by everyone even an over 40 year old guy your not going to get drafted by that team.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Its a really good thing that your not the Wolves GM then. Especially with you thinking that we should try to trade up to get Griffin. Yeah that would really make sense. Draft Griffin so we would have him Love and Jefferson all to fight over the PF spot. If you really dont see how trading Lawson and Calathes helps them for the future then i guess there is really no hope for you in this situation.

guess i have to come back for this statement.

You should see my sig because if i was the twolves gm, the team would be a lot better, once again, just look at the sig ;).

D1JM
02-16-2010, 06:40 AM
This is true but IMO those teams will be a little more preoccupied by other bigger free agents. Also i doubt NY wants him since they already have Gallinari and Wilson that can play the SF position for them. Miami isnt going to go after him unless they decide they want to move Beasley to the PF spot. I could maybe see Houston and the Nets going after him. Houston is the most likely IMO.

whoever loses out on the top free agents are going to go hard after gay. Beasley plays the PF position.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 06:42 AM

I can't believe people are still saying this ****. Learn something.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:43 AM
whoever loses out on the top free agents are going to go hard after gay. Beasley plays the PF position.

Thats true i forgot that they did that this year. For some reason i keep thinking that Haslem still starts for them.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Although i do find something interesting, What if the wolves get the first pick in the draft? Will they draft Wall? I believe they would but then what happens to flynn and sessions? and dare i say, the rights to rubio?

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:44 AM
whoever loses out on the top free agents are going to go hard after gay.

:laugh2: sorry i just thought something random like that was funny lol.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:45 AM

You should see my sig because if i was the twolves gm, the team would be a lot better, once again, just look at the sig ;).

(yes i quote myself, sue me)

infact, if i was the t-wolves gm, i would get brandon roy back ;)

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:47 AM

Yeah i would like to know exactly how you got those guys and exactly what our bench is like. What does our future look like? What draft picks do we have left or did you pull a McHale and trade away all of our future 1st rounders. Your sig doesnt tell me anything on what the Wolves team has and doesnt show me anything but what our starting 5 is. And right now the starting 5 you have there is missing the SG and the C because they are hurt. So whats your backups in those positions. Im willing to bet the backups are pretty ******. Also I wouldnt want Oden on the team.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Although i do find something interesting, What if the wolves get the first pick in the draft? Will they draft Wall? I believe they would but then what happens to flynn and sessions? and dare i say, the rights to rubio?

Wall can play SG.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Yeah i would like to know exactly how you got those guys and exactly what our bench is like. What does our future look like? What draft picks do we have left or did you pull a McHale and trade away all of our future 1st rounders. Your sig doesnt tell me anything on what the Wolves team has and doesnt show me anything but what our starting 5 is. And right now the starting 5 you have there is missing the SG and the C because they are hurt. So whats your backups in those positions. Im willing to bet the backups are pretty ******. Also I wouldnt want Oden on the team.

i traded ramon sessions, al jefferson and 2010 first round pick for brandon roy and greg oden. Yes i traded a backup point guard who is sucking right now and al jefferson who is overrated imo for the 3rd best SG in the league (but since wolves hate SGs they would despise this) and greg oden.

And if you don't like greg oden since he's actually a legit center then there's something wrong with your picture lol

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:51 AM

I would say either have Wall play the SG position or we would probably trade someone. I could see Flynn coming off the bench as a 6th man though. But there is no reason to really look at that because right now we have no clue if we will get the #1 overall pick.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 06:51 AM
Wall can play SG.

Undersized, he would be. Disadvantage, he would have. Mostly a pure point guard, he is.

Wisdom Listens
02-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Undersized, he would be. Disadvantage, he would have. Mostly a pure point guard, he is.

OK Yoda.

All you have to do is compare him in stature to that of Dwyane Wade, and be answered, you will.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:55 AM
i traded ramon sessions, al jefferson and 2010 first round pick for brandon roy and greg oden. Yes i traded a backup point guard who is sucking right now and al jefferson who is overrated imo for the 3rd best SG in the league (but since wolves hate SGs they would despise this) and greg oden.

And if you don't like greg oden since he's actually a legit center then there's something wrong with your picture lol

So you traded right now the #2 overall pick, jefferson and Sessions for Roy and Oden? IMO thats not a very good trade for the Wolves. And how exactly do you think Oden is a legit center? He hasnt played enough in order to be a legit center yet. He is injured too much. So pretty much u got Roy who is a great player and a center who cant stay off the injury list and is injury prone for a backup pg, our best player and a very high draft pick.

boeknows
02-16-2010, 06:57 AM

And how is he any different that Curry? Wall is an inch taller and heavier. But yet you think Curry can play the SG position but Wall cant.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 07:02 AM
So you traded right now the #2 overall pick, jefferson and Sessions for Roy and Oden? IMO thats not a very good trade for the Wolves. And how exactly do you think Oden is a legit center? He hasnt played enough in order to be a legit center yet. He is injured too much. So pretty much u got Roy who is a great player and a center who cant stay off the injury list and is injury prone for a backup pg, our best player and a very high draft pick.

It's as i expected, even wolves fans hate Shooting guards lol.

Who cares if i traded a high pick? ITS BRANDON ROY!!! 3rd best shooting guard in the league behind kobe and wade. arguably a top 10 player in the league.

Yeah Oden is injured now, and he will be healthy next season. Shaq got injured many times in his early career, obviously the length was not that lethal but same thing. He's still a future defender and rebounder and you already got love for some scoring and rebounding as well. Since Al Jeff is a liability for defense and i would not call him a perfect record for playing all his games myself if you know what i mean ;).

But like i said, it's just wolves fans hating SGs, there's already so much proof shown in this thread about that, and i think we have been off topic in this thread for the last 2 pages lol.

JordansBulls
02-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Al Jefferson is averaging 17.7 ppg this year along with 9.8 rpg and 1.1 bpg on 49% FG and he just turned 25 this past January.

Player 2009/2010 2010/2011 2011/2012 2012/2013 2013/2014 2014/2015
Al Jefferson $12,000,000 $13,000,000 $14,000,000 $15,000,000 N/A N/A

for

Luol Deng $10,365,000 $11,345,000 $12,325,000 $13,365,000 $14,275,000 N/A
Tyrus Thomas $4,743,598 $6,256,806 N/A N/A N/A N/A

I think this makes it where we go after Joe Johnson or Wade this summer to complete our team.

PG D.Rose
SG Joe Johnson
SF J.Salmons
PF Al Jefferson
C Noah

DLeeicious
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
^^^ Is a salary like Deng something Minny would be willing to take on? My goodness this is a ridiculously good trade for the Bulls if that's how it went down. Big Al plus a shooting guard and we are looking good and still very young. I just don't know if Minny would be interested in Dengs contract unless there are plans for a third team?

Fresno
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM
^^^ Is a salary like Deng something Minny would be willing to take on? My goodness this is a ridiculously good trade for the Bulls if that's how it went down. Big Al plus a shooting guard and we are looking good and still very young. I just don't know if Minny would be interested in Dengs contract unless there are plans for a third team?

I dont think anyone is interested in Deng now since he seems like he has hit his ceiling as a player, remember 3 years ago Kobe didnt want to go to Chicago unless they kept Deng.

Now Deng has seemingly topped out as a very good SF, but not an All Star SF.

DLeeicious
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I dont think anyone is interested in Deng now since he seems like he has hit his ceiling as a player, remember 3 years ago Kobe didnt want to go to Chicago unless they kept Deng.

Now Deng has seemingly topped out as a very good SF, but not an All Star SF.

See I don't think he is a great SF by any stretch but I also don't think he has hit his ceiling. The thing GM's like most about Deng is how hard he works on his game. This offseason for instance he put on 15 pounds and lowered his body fat at the same time by like 10% or something (I can't remember exactly what it was but remember being impressed). So basically with his length and willing to work there is no reason he can't continue to improve especially cuz he is still young.

All that said, his contract is still a difficult one to trade which is what I worry about with the Minny proposal.

footballer2369
02-16-2010, 02:15 PM
I'd think the Bulls would have to move both Deng and Tyrus to make it work. Plus picks.

The last thing the Twolves want is another PG.

bossup2
02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykerr2a
plus a lottery protected first rd pick to minny

minny
pg: flynn
Sg: Rip
Sf: (one of)villanueva/Brewer/daye
Pf: Love/villanueva
C: hollins/brown

pistons

pg: stuckey
sg: gordon
sf: prince/jerebko
pf: jefferson
C: wallace

or swap tayshaun prince for rip

Fresno
02-16-2010, 02:23 PM
See I don't think he is a great SF by any stretch but I also don't think he has hit his ceiling. The thing GM's like most about Deng is how hard he works on his game. This offseason for instance he put on 15 pounds and lowered his body fat at the same time by like 10% or something (I can't remember exactly what it was but remember being impressed). So basically with his length and willing to work there is no reason he can't continue to improve especially cuz he is still young.

All that said, his contract is still a difficult one to trade which is what I worry about with the Minny proposal.

If GM's/fans didn't believe he has hit his ceiling, his contract wouldn't look that bad. I know its long term but I would think he'd be more valuable to some people if they didnt think he has topped out. 4 years ago people thought he was going to be the guy who emerged as the "star" of the Baby Bulls. Now hes emerged as the guy who needs to be shipped out of town so they can get better.

Comparing Deng to where his hype was at like 4 years ago, all of his numbers have gone down. His scoring dipped from 18.8 to 18.1 PPG while his FG% dipped from 51% to 46%. I think hes a very good #3 option though.

Fresno
02-16-2010, 02:26 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykerr2a
plus a lottery protected first rd pick to minny

minny
pg: flynn
Sg: Rip
Sf: (one of)villanueva/Brewer/daye
Pf: Love/villanueva
C: hollins/brown

pistons

pg: stuckey
sg: gordon
sf: prince/jerebko
pf: jefferson
C: wallace

or swap tayshaun prince for rip

No.

Rip Hamilton's value dropped to the bottom of the ocean once he signed that contract extension for 3 more years at $11M+ each season.

I dont think the T'Wolves would be interested in anything Detroit has other than Stuckey. Too many overpaid role players underachieving on that team.

buccman006
02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
SF Luol Deng
PF Ty Thomas
2011 1st Round Pick (lottery protected)
2013 1st Round Pick (lottery protected)

for

PF Al Jefferson
G Ramon Sessions

Realistic and best for both sides. Minny already has 3 2010 first round picks so this helps them in the long run and also the only contract they want to get rid. Also gives them the SF they want and the athletic, shot blocking PF they want. For chicago, gives them the post presence they havent had since elton left and gives them a young athletic wing to replace kirk, which they will trade next. It also only takes about 4 million from free agency which they can get back for trading kirk.

buccman006
02-16-2010, 03:03 PM
OR

MINNESOTA RECIEVES:
PF Tyrus Thomas
SF Luol Deng
G/F Sasha Vujacic
2011 Chicago 1st Round Pick (Lottery Protected)
2013 Chicago 1st Round Pick (Lottery Protected)

LOS ANGELES LAKERS RECIEVES:
G Kirk Hinrich

CHICAGO RECIEVES:
PF Al Jefferson
PF Brian Cardinal
SF Adam Morrison

Gibby23
02-16-2010, 03:08 PM
I think they hold on to Jefferson and trade him for better value in the offseason. Teams that miss out on the free agents this summer will drive up the price for Jefferson.

topdog
02-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Seriously, if Wolves trade for Thomas it will not be for Jefferson.

Jefferson is not going anywhere until at least this summer and that depends upon how the draft turns out and if we can get a worthwhile player at a position of need (not for cap space which we already have or a bunch of role players).

Imagine that though, a team without a decent PG decided to draft 2 PGs for keeps in a point-heavy draft, oh and decided to defer a pick until this year where they can get the wing or center they need...

johnwayne
02-16-2010, 03:21 PM

:facepalm:

johnwayne
02-16-2010, 03:23 PM
If GM's/fans didn't believe he has hit his ceiling, his contract wouldn't look that bad. I know its long term but I would think he'd be more valuable to some people if they didnt think he has topped out. 4 years ago people thought he was going to be the guy who emerged as the "star" of the Baby Bulls. Now hes emerged as the guy who needs to be shipped out of town so they can get better.

Comparing Deng to where his hype was at like 4 years ago, all of his numbers have gone down. His scoring dipped from 18.8 to 18.1 PPG while his FG% dipped from 51% to 46%. I think hes a very good #3 option though.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:39 PM
OR

MINNESOTA RECIEVES:
PF Tyrus Thomas
SF Luol Deng
G/F Sasha Vujacic

G Kirk Hinrich

CHICAGO RECIEVES:
PF Al Jefferson
PF Brian Cardinal
SF Adam Morrison

lakers gladly accept :clap:

Fresno
02-16-2010, 03:45 PM

I guess you missed the rest of my sentence where his PPG average stayed the same basically while his FG% dipped.

Fresno
02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
OR

MINNESOTA RECIEVES:
PF Tyrus Thomas
SF Luol Deng
G/F Sasha Vujacic

G Kirk Hinrich

CHICAGO RECIEVES:
PF Al Jefferson
PF Brian Cardinal
SF Adam Morrison

lmfao at this deal. Yeah the T'Wolves would love Lottery Protected picks for that package, espescially 2 picks from down the line.

X12Celtics3
02-16-2010, 04:49 PM
As a Celtics fan, he is my second favorite player in the league behind Rondo. I miss him :(