PDA

View Full Version : Amare to Cavs?

*Superman*
02-15-2010, 08:50 PM
The link

http://news-herald.com/articles/2010/02/15/sports/nh2098390.txt

One thing that could change Stoudemire's thought process, the source said, would be if the Cavs offered a contract extension. Stoudemire is supposedly seeking a three-year, $60 million extension.

He wants about 20mill per year?

king4day
02-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Sports 620 KTAR's John Gambadoro said the deal has a legitimate possibility of happening, and that the Suns are currently trying to coax a first round draft pick out of Cleveland. He said the Suns would likely look to trade Ilgauskas away.

http://www.620ktar.com/?sid=1257029&nid=112

Interesting that we'll look to trade Ilgauskis.

YankeeFan28
02-15-2010, 09:54 PM
A source close to Amare Stoudemire now refutes that he isn't interested in being traded to the Cavaliers.
Amare apparently never said that he won't rejoin forces with Shaquille O'Neal, and his representatives haven't even spoken with the Cavaliers. He seems most likely to end up in Cleveland, where he'll have the choice whether to exercise his player option ($17.7 million) for next season.http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/9163554111

Legitimate
02-15-2010, 09:57 PM
haha. funny how all these threads were merged..yea well bak to the topic..Amare is not worth 20 mil per..no way jose

Romo2Bryant
02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
haha. funny how all these threads were merged..yea well bak to the topic..Amare is not worth 20 mil per..no way jose

I mean most players in this league is over-paid... Pau Gasol pretty much just signed a 3 year contract extension that was about 60 Million. I'm not saying he's was over-paid. But that's the contract Amare want's, and if you want LeBron to stay, Cavs gotta get this deal done.

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 10:20 PM

I agree, but I think if that's what it takes to get Amar'e in a Cavs uniform for the next few years and keep LeBron in Cleveland we'd throw that kinda money at him.

The Cavs are willing to spend anything to keep LeBron, because without him the amount of money we'd lose is immeasurable.

A lineup of Mo/Delonte/LeBron/Amar'e/Andy would contend for the next 5 or so years, so I don't think it would be an awful move.

JJ_JKidd
02-15-2010, 10:21 PM

He doesnt want to join LeFake's circus show

Kakaroach
02-15-2010, 10:21 PM
It seems like their the front-runner for him. Still, thats a pretty big contract for Amare. But you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the King.

Romo2Bryant
02-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I also don't believe the rumors indicating Amare is not interested playing with the Cavs. Why? Well because if he went to the Cavs, he could still opt out and go to a different team example Heats. Why would he want to play with the Suns instead with LeBron rest of the year. That to me makes no sense. Or maybe he want's to stay with the Suns so he keeps his STATS up, so that he can make obviously more $$$. We will see I guess.

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 10:25 PM

Old... Has already been shot down by a couple of sources as well.

BlueJayFanDan
02-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Amare is awesome but I sincerely hope no team is willing to give him 20 mil per year. And I don't think he ends up being traded to the Cavs when all is said and done.

Romo2Bryant
02-15-2010, 10:26 PM

Alright, I'm pretty sure you never heard of that source. So didn't no one I bet. I would believe it in till someone like Chris Broussard reports it.

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Amar'e just posted this on his twitter about 15 minutes ago.

I play very well w/Shaq. I averaged more pts last year WITH him & played better D. You guys can stop saying we don't play well together.

philab
02-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Alright, I'm pretty sure you never heard of that source. So didn't no one I bet. I would believe it in till someone like Chris Broussard reports it.

Amar'e just posted this on his twitter about 15 minutes ago.

Haha, proven wrong immediately.

Jonathan2323
02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I doubt the Cavs get Amare, but if they do he will not resign there.

What could the Suns be thinking JJ Hickson really?

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 10:40 PM
I doubt the Cavs get Amare, but if they do he will not resign there.

What could the Suns be thinking JJ Hickson really?

Why not? He can get the most money there and he'll be winning for the next 5-6 years...

Raph12
02-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Why don't we just wait until Thursday, this up and down roller coaster ride is starting to annoy me.

Draco
02-15-2010, 10:42 PM
It'd be kinda funny if Amare signed a fat contract with Cleveland only to see it retro modified in accordance with a new CBA agreement.

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm getting desperate here...

Amar'e posted a vid of LeBron shouting out his youtube channel StatTV (http://www.youtube.com/user/statTV) a couple of hours ago, he doesn't have any other similar videos on his channel.

Nike basketball posted this on facebook a few hours ago...

Amare to the Cavaliers? Is this a good move? Does this make LeBron's chance of winning his 1st title greater?

I've never seen Nike basketball with a similar kinda post to this.

It's almost like everyone directly involved already knows the outcome, but all these "sources" are just teasing us and playing with our (specifically my) emotions.

I'm sorry, i'm grasping at straws here...

Romo2Bryant
02-15-2010, 10:56 PM
wow imagine playing 2k10 or Live with LeBron and Amare... damn... But I can't wait when 2k update the roster so I can play with Kidd, J. Terry, Haywood,Marion, Caron and Dirk! haha

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 03:32 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/346422-amare-for-jj-hickson-deal-done?utm_campaign=marketing&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=br_nba

^^saying it's a done deal and that amare is on his way to cleveland tomorrow

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 03:33 AM
jahari kavi reported it first if it is true :-)

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:36 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/346422-amare-for-jj-hickson-deal-done?utm_campaign=marketing&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=br_nba

^^saying it's a done deal and that amare is on his way to cleveland tomorrow

bull crap, it's all...

zim you take over from here :D .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5EDQVpbJ4

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 03:38 AM
bull crap, it's all...

zim you take over from here :D .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5EDQVpbJ4

lol....i've been on various websites all day and from what I hear that website is pretty reliable source....I just want my props for breaking it first if it's true....cause I got an ego like that, haha

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:41 AM
lol....i've been on various websites all day and from what I hear that website is pretty reliable source....I just want my props for breaking it first if it's true....cause I got an ego like that, haha

well admitting you have an ego makes you not having much of an ego....i think....maybe?....Possibly...? i don't know lol.

Either way, Twitter is even more of a reliable source then this.

But who knows.

ko8e24
02-16-2010, 03:48 AM
The article is false. if you click on it, it'll say that the article is deleted.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:48 AM
lol....i've been on various websites all day and from what I hear that website is pretty reliable source

your reliable source is now a deleted source...so much for "reliable"

hahaha.

harm0n1x
02-16-2010, 04:00 AM
this is just getting to be ridiculous.. i can't sleep tonight!

Bullsfan22
02-16-2010, 04:04 AM
this is just getting to be ridiculous.. i can't sleep tonight!

bulls fans went through this last year, i know how you feel.

Jahari Kavi
02-16-2010, 04:07 AM
if I could feel as anxious as some of you fans.....my hopes went out the window on saturday when butler and haywood went to Dallas instead of the Rockets........now I have to look forward to pieces from the knicks #yuck

harm0n1x
02-16-2010, 04:10 AM
bulls fans went through this last year, i know how you feel.

i've been one of the cavs fans that was against a trade, but it seems iminent that they're going to make one whether all of us like it or not. now that it seems that way, it better be for amar'e

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/as_amare_stoudemire_asserts_he.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- This is supposedly the climax of trade season in the NBA. But that isn't really accurate.
It is the climax of money season. For both teams and players.
Money is at the heart of the potentially league-altering trade the Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns continue to ponder that would bring All-Star Amar'e Stoudemire to Cleveland.
The Cavs, according to sources, are waiting for an answer with their offer that centers around Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson but may include another player or draft pick. The Cavs have established other trade options, but they are waiting for resolution to their Stoudemire bid before doing anything else.
The talks have gotten so much attention in Cleveland and Phoenix that there is a belief that the Suns will make their decision on Stoudemire before their game Tuesday night in Memphis. The rumors are clearly causing distraction.
Monday night -- as he was with his teammates in Memphis -- Stoudemire used his Twitter account to address Internet rumors that popped up during the day that he didn't want to play with the Cavs and former teammate Shaquille O'Neal.
"I play very well with Shaq. I averaged more [points] last year WITH him [and] played better [defense]. You guys can stop saying we don't play well together," Stoudemire wrote.
The rumors are obviously distracting to him and probably his teammates.
Here is where the money comes in, however. The Arizona Republic reported in its Monday editions that the Suns and Stoudemire exchanged contract extension proposals over the weekend. Stoudemire can become a free agent this summer and the Suns would like some clarity with his future before deciding to keep or trade him.
According to sources, though, the two sides were not close. Stoudemire is believed to be looking for an extension close to what Lakers' All-Star Pau Gasol signed earlier this season. Gasol's new contract averages $19 million a season over three years. The Suns are believed to be offering fewer years and less money.
Stoudemire has an option in his contract for next season worth more than $17 million and he likely will not pick it up, wanting a new deal before a potential lockout in 2011. But he won't want to take a pay cut, either. So it is easy to see why there's an impasse. The Suns signed him to that salary before two knee surgeries -- one that was career-threatening -- and a career-threatening eye injury.
The Cavs, it has been reported by Yahoo! Sports, have not talked to Stoudemire about offering their own contract extension. But they also could not do that without the blessing of the Suns. Otherwise it would be considered tampering by the NBA.
In addition, with such a high-risk investment, the Cavs likely would not commit anything contract-wise until after they see how a potential partnership with LeBron James would work.
If the Suns reach the conclusion that they must trade Stoudemire or lose him for nothing, they must weight the trade offers. Taking the Cavs offer, if they work a buyout of Ilgauskas' contract, potentially could save the team around $10 million in salary, luxury taxes and revenue-sharing bonuses.
Once again, it is about the money.

Looks like we'll have an answer by the end of today...

Tribe
02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
I think he will be in a cavs uniform by thursday...and im loving it...lebron, amare, and mo for a few seasons together will do some serious damage

ellisgw
02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I can see half of ohio going to church this morning.

Legitimate
02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
how about marcus banks, pob, reggie evans for amare??? hahahahhahhahahhahhaha

LA_Raiders
02-16-2010, 02:49 PM
He will go to Miami, Clev is offering junk...

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 02:55 PM
He will go to Miami, Clev is offering junk...

But what are Miami offering... Beasley's off the table.

philab
02-16-2010, 02:58 PM

Who goes to church on Tuesday morning?

mgsports
02-16-2010, 03:01 PM
How about Celtic's? Magic? Denver? Charlotte? Toronto?

Pinrod33
02-16-2010, 03:10 PM

hahahahaha..... very true. With all due respect to those who live in Cleveland, I think it's way more important for the cavs to do something to keep James here, cause let's face it..... if not for him being from Ohio, I don't think there is a chance in the world that he would stick around, short of the team winning an NBA title this year of course.

Pinrod33
02-16-2010, 03:14 PM
i've been one of the cavs fans that was against a trade, but it seems iminent that they're going to make one whether all of us like it or not. now that it seems that way, it better be for amar'e

How horrible of a day would it be fore you, if not only do the cavs not get Amar'e, but end up getting Corey Maggette, like it's been rumored they will do if the other options fall through??? Just curious on the thinking from cavs fans, cause that option to me sounds as if someone told me a filet mignon was no longer available at my favorite restaurant..... but they have some beef jerky instead.

JordansBulls
02-16-2010, 03:18 PM
I think he will be in a cavs uniform by thursday...and im loving it...lebron, amare, and mo for a few seasons together will do some serious damage

As would any combo of:

Rose/Wade/Boozer
Rose/Wade/Bosh

Rose/Johnson/Boozer
Rose/Johnson/Bosh:)

mgsports
02-16-2010, 03:21 PM
JA Adande says
Warriors are trying to clear house.
The Suns are thinking about if Hickson/end of first round pick is better then SHAQ and Amare.

Pinrod33
02-16-2010, 03:40 PM
JA Adande says
Warriors are trying to clear house.
The Suns are thinking about if Hickson/end of first round pick is better then SHAQ and Amare.

What???

Pinrod33
02-16-2010, 03:41 PM
What???

Nevermind!! Sorry, I had a de de dee moment.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:41 PM

the heat would most likely offer jermaine o'neal (better then big z) and someone young like chalmers (bigger upside then hickson imo), and even a first pick or 2.

Suns Man
02-16-2010, 03:52 PM
I think Kerr might be run out of town if he does the Cavs trade - and I really don't see Amare going to the Cavs.
I like Amare going to the Heat with Wade. That is of course, if we can get Beasley.
I'd also take Iguodala and Dalembert
The guy I'd really like to replace Amare is A Jamison

Russ

philab
02-16-2010, 03:54 PM
the heat would most likely offer jermaine o'neal (better then big z) and someone young like chalmers (bigger upside then hickson imo), and even a first pick or 2.

I'm really not sure Chalmers has a bigger upside than Hickson.

Anyway, the problem with JO is his huge contract. While it may seem the Suns would like the bigger contract, it would also mean they'd have to throw in another player, probably Barbosa.

I'm not sure Chalmers, JO, and some picks is enough for Amare and Barbosa. The Heat don't have much else worth anything that they're willing to part with.

JNA17
02-16-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm really not sure Chalmers has a bigger upside than Hickson.

Anyway, the problem with JO is his huge contract. While it may seem the Suns would like the bigger contract, it would also mean they'd have to throw in another player, probably Barbosa.

I'm not sure Chalmers, JO, and some picks is enough for Amare and Barbosa. The Heat don't have much else worth anything that they're willing to part with.

The suns can give someone else, no way barbosa would be included lol.

and JO's contract is an expiring, elton brand, that's a huge contract :laugh2:

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 04:05 PM

The Suns only want to trade two players, Amar'e and J-Rich. Everyone else is key to their team and won't be included in a deal.

And to all those people that keep saying Beasley >>> Hickson... Yes, your right but you need to understand the Heat DO NOT want to trade Beasley.

Lol at you saying Chalmers has more upside than Hickson. You kinda lose any credibility to any of your posts with that statement...

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:07 PM
The Suns only want to trade two players, Amar'e and J-Rich. Everyone else is key to their team and won't be included in a deal.

And to all those people that keep saying Beasley >>> Hickson... Yes, your right but you need to understand the Heat DO NOT want to trade Beasley.

Lol at you saying Chalmers has more upside than Hickson. You kinda lose any credibility to any of your posts with that statement...

there not going to trade j-rich with amare in 1 deal, that's a fact.

correct.

explain cavs fan

mgsports
02-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Chalmers is injured.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 04:11 PM
there not going to trade j-rich with amare in 1 deal, that's a fact.

correct.

explain cavs fan

What are you asking me to explain?

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Chalmers is injured.

yes but it seems he's coming back soon and it's looking more like just a day to day injury.

ALSO 1000TH POST WOOOOO! :D :clap:

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:14 PM
What are you asking me to explain?

how chalmers having a better upside then hickson is laughable of course?

harm0n1x
02-16-2010, 04:22 PM
How horrible of a day would it be fore you, if not only do the cavs not get Amar'e, but end up getting Corey Maggette, like it's been rumored they will do if the other options fall through??? Just curious on the thinking from cavs fans, cause that option to me sounds as if someone told me a filet mignon was no longer available at my favorite restaurant..... but they have some beef jerky instead.

i'm not going to be devistated over it or anything. but i DO NOT want maggette, we already have the best SF in the game. from what i heard, talks with golden state are only because the cavs are trying to work a 3 team deal of some sort, who knows for what.

harm0n1x
02-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I think Kerr might be run out of town if he does the Cavs trade - and I really don't see Amare going to the Cavs.
I like Amare going to the Heat with Wade. That is of course, if we can get Beasley.
I'd also take Iguodala and Dalembert
The guy I'd really like to replace Amare is A Jamison

Russ

the heat's gm said there is no way beasley is on the table, and they have never had any of intentions on trading him because they see him being a big part of the heat's team in the future. anything can happen, but the heat really gotta figure something else out to have hope.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
how chalmers having a better upside then hickson is laughable of course?

Well isn't it obvious? Do you even watch them play?

If you were to do a poll of which player has the better upside, Hickson would win by a landslide. Don't get me wrong, Chalmers is a good player, but it's pretty clear Hickson has the better upside.

Let's get back on topic... What use do the Suns have with a PG that would be behind Steve Nash and Goran Dragic in the rotation?

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Well isn't it obvious? Do you even watch them play?

If you were to do a poll of which player has the better upside, Hickson would win by a landslide. Don't get me wrong, Chalmers is a good player, but it's pretty clear Hickson has the better upside.

Let's get back on topic... What use do the Suns have with a PG that would be behind Steve Nash and Goran Dragic in the rotation?

actually i do since i have league pass :D

not sure hickson would win by a landslide or the fact that it would be "clear". But it would be probably be close. So far you still have not said how exactly hickson has a better upside.

Good question. However, i have a feeling that if let's say the suns would do this heat offer i had in mind. They could use chalmers, dragic or nash, and jason richardson as a package for a really good young player.

Tribe
02-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Phoenix has already come out and said they dont want Beasley due to his questionable character as well as jermaine oneal and his 23 million

JNA17
02-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Phoenix has already come out and said they dont want Beasley due to his questionable character as well as jermaine oneal and his 23 million

i would love to see some proof on that statement.

bchissie
02-16-2010, 04:55 PM
personally if i was the cavs i would rather have jamison.

they could even go big with a line-up like this

Mo Williams
Lebron
Jamison
Varejao
Shaq

That would be tough to beat.

philab
02-16-2010, 06:37 PM

I know it's an expiring. That's why I said, "While the Suns may like the bigger contract . . ."

The point is that a bigger contract -- even if expiring -- means more salary needs to come back in return. Chalmers and O'Neal for Stoudemire doesn't work; the salaries don't match. The only contracts that work well are Barbosa and Grant Hill, otherwise this is becoming an 8-player deal.

IversonIsKrazy
02-16-2010, 09:13 PM
i still cant believe the contract Cavs gave Varejo. If they gave Varejo $8M/yr, they should give Amare $20+M/yr

JNA17
02-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I know it's an expiring. That's why I said, "While the Suns may like the bigger contract . . ."

The point is that a bigger contract -- even if expiring -- means more salary needs to come back in return. Chalmers and O'Neal for Stoudemire doesn't work; the salaries don't match. The only contracts that work well are Barbosa and Grant Hill, otherwise this is becoming an 8-player deal.

the suns can add grant hill and use shaq's 2 million trade exception. the deal would work like that.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 09:22 PM
i still cant believe the contract Cavs gave Varejo. If they gave Varejo $8M/yr, they should give Amare $20+M/yr

Why does everyone think he's overpaid? People just look at his scoring and rebounding numbers and say "8/8 that's not worth $8 million a year"... He's 3rd in the league in +/- behind LeBron and Kobe.

He leads the league at +/- per minute at .257. He's one of the hardest working players in the league, he's one of the best post defenders in the league and is a candidate for 6th man and DPOY (according to ESPN).

Doesn't sound overpaid to me...

fishfan79
02-16-2010, 09:28 PM
flopper

rhaas74
02-16-2010, 09:37 PM
flopper

Yea he used to be. Try watching a game now. A top 5 in DPOY can't be a flopper.

ottograham14
02-16-2010, 09:38 PM
flopper

Good argument buddy. Any person who says that they would not want Andy on their team is ridiculous. Guy does all the hustle plays and has been getting better and better every year especially on the offensive end. Overpaid dont think so. Eddy Curry is overpaid.

Romo2Bryant
02-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Once again many players are over-paid. A. Varejao has been playing solid this season. He made a big improvement from last season, and he's continuing to get better. He's also a nice defender.

Romo2Bryant
02-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Good argument buddy. Any person who says that they would not want Andy on their team is ridiculous. Guy does all the hustle plays and has been getting better and better every year especially on the offensive end. Overpaid dont think so. Eddy Curry is overpaid.

Not just Eddy Curry, pretty much most of the Knicks squad. Did someone said J. Jeffries?

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 10:26 PM
With a day and a half left before the deadline this is how I see it panning out:

The Suns currently have two deals on the table: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=TradeTalkRoundup-2010

Cavs - Big Z, JJ Hickson, Danny Green and a first rounder.
Heat - Daequan Cook, Mario Chalmers, Dorrell Wright, Quentin Richardson and a first rounder.

Amar'e is almost definitely going to leave. The ball is in the Suns' court and they are mulling their options waiting to see if any more offers unfold. The Cavs are waiting for the Suns to accept their offer.

It looks like the ONLY way the Suns deal with the Heat is if the Heat take J-Rich's contract (which would completely ruin all there 2010 planning). If the Heat took J-Rich (which according to the reports, they are not willing to do), JO's contract would replace Q-Rich's. The Heat are NOT shopping Beasley, so he's out of the discussion. (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/55829/heat-owner-were-not-shopping-beasley)

Duncan = Donkey
02-16-2010, 10:44 PM
With a day and a half left before the deadline this is how I see it panning out:

The Suns currently have two deals on the table: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=TradeTalkRoundup-2010

Heat - Daequan Cook, Mario Chalmers, Dorrell Wright, Quentin Richardson and a first rounder.

Amar'e is almost definitely going to leave. The ball is in the Suns' court and they are mulling their options waiting to see if any more offers unfold. The Cavs are waiting for the Suns to accept their offer.

It looks like the ONLY way the Suns deal with the Heat is if the Heat take J-Rich's contract (which would completely ruin all there 2010 planning). If the Heat took J-Rich (which according to the reports, they are not willing to do), JO's contract would replace Q-Rich's. The Heat are NOT shopping Beasley, so he's out of the discussion. (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/55829/heat-owner-were-not-shopping-beasley)

:facepalm:
just because the heat arnt shopping beasley, doesnt mean he wont get traded. Your crazy to just say he's out of discussion.

*Superman*
02-16-2010, 10:50 PM
So why did my post become a thread?

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 11:02 PM
:facepalm:
just because the heat arnt shopping beasley, doesnt mean he wont get traded. Your crazy to just say he's out of discussion.

You gotta love people who just throw round the facepalm...

Did you even read the article?

"I know I've read about him being put out there. I can tell you this: We have not put him out there. The media has. We like Michael and see him as a part of our core going forward."

The Suns aren't particularly interested in Beasley, so any inclusion wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Do you really see the Heat giving up the second best player and a guy who could turn into a star, in a deal that would not only ruin there hopes of any big free agent in 2010, AND could leave them without Stoudemire if he chooses to bolt in the summer... Seriously?

philab
02-16-2010, 11:03 PM
I just read Hickson/Jawad/Z for Lopez and Amare. No source listed, just posting for the possibility.

Duncan = Donkey
02-16-2010, 11:03 PM
wat do you mean??^

philab
02-16-2010, 11:05 PM
wat do you mean??^

I read that's the talk right now, from the live feed on ESPN.

I'm not posting it for its truth (i.e., no source) but more just as a possibility.

Duncan = Donkey
02-16-2010, 11:14 PM
You gotta love people who just throw round the facepalm...

Did you even read the article?

The Suns aren't particularly interested in Beasley, so any inclusion wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Do you really see the Heat giving up the second best player and a guy who could turn into a star, in a deal that would not only ruin there hopes of any big free agent in 2010, AND could leave them without Stoudemire if he chooses to bolt in the summer... Seriously?

first of all, that was probaly like the 3rd time ever i used a face palm.

of course the heat will give up beasley, especially considering that their is a strong chance amare will be traded to the cavs and resign there, which is a worst case scenario for miami.

if amare is traded to miami, im pretty sure he would resign there playing with wade and it being his hometown and all.

its very foolish to just say beasley is out of discussion

the inside source on the suns board at ******.com said beasley was offered but with no picks, so im pretty confident beasly is on the table if the suns want him.

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 11:14 PM
I just read Hickson/Jawad/Z for Lopez and Amare. No source listed, just posting for the possibility.

That would be rape... I can't see that happening.

As I said, last offer on the table was Big Z, JJ, Danny Green and a first rounder.

I'm not sure how Green and the first rounder get replaced by Jawad and the Suns add in Robin Lopez...

Duncan = Donkey
02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
I read that's the talk right now, from the live feed on ESPN.

I'm not posting it for its truth (i.e., no source) but more just as a possibility.

oh ok, i seriously doubt its true.

cant see them giving up lopez

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
first of all, that was probaly like the 3rd time ever i used a face palm.

of course the heat will give up beasley, especially considering that their is a strong chance amare will be traded to the cavs and resign there, which is a worst case scenario for miami.

if amare is traded to miami, im pretty sure he would resign there playing with wade and it being his hometown and all.

its very foolish to just say beasley is out of discussion

the inside source on the suns board said beasley was offered but with no picks, so im pretty confident beasly is on the table if the suns want him.

I'd rather go by what that source said as opposed to "someone on the Suns board".

I don't see why Amar'e re-signing with the Cavs would be the worse case scenario for the Heat... They'd still have a ton of cap room to throw at Bosh (whose a much better player than Amar'e), without losing one of their two main attractions.

After all the work Pat Riley has done setting this team up to be players in the 2010 free agency, I really can't see him undoing all his work. I just don't understand why'd they trade Beasley, when they can keep him and make a run at Amar'e, Bosh, Boozer, Johnson, Lee, hell even LeBron.

I'm just combining logical thinking and that source to come to my conclusions at the moment.

philab
02-16-2010, 11:24 PM
oh ok, i seriously doubt its true.

cant see them giving up lopez

Yeah, seems crazy.

Melo15
02-16-2010, 11:28 PM
No chance the Suns trade both Lopez and Amare, I can't wait to see how this all ends up playing out.

Duncan = Donkey
02-16-2010, 11:35 PM
I'd rather go by what that source said as opposed to "someone on the Suns board".

I don't see why Amar'e re-signing with the Cavs would be the worse case scenario for the Heat... They'd still have a ton of cap room to throw at Bosh (whose a much better player than Amar'e), without losing one of their two main attractions.

After all the work Pat Riley has done setting this team up to be players in the 2010 free agency, I really can't see him undoing all his work. I just don't understand why'd they trade Beasley, when they can keep him and make a run at Amar'e, Bosh, Boozer, Johnson, Lee, hell even LeBron.

I'm just combining logical thinking and that source to come to my conclusions at the moment.

well not worst case scnerio, but it'd still be a bad scenario for them.

im thinking the heat would deal him (beasley) to get amare becasue.
1. Amare is a great player
2. Cavs have 0 chance of getting him (Amare)
3. Helps to copnvince wade their serious about contending.

this suns source is legit though, i have no reason to doubt him, he's been bang on the mark before.

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 11:57 PM
It sounds like the Suns at least have it narrowed down to two teams. It also looks like he WILL be traded. Cavs have their offer on the table already, but the Heat are said to be making a strong push. Who knows if Beasley is even one of the players in the deal. The Heat said he was unavailable (still could just be strategy to make Suns want him) That being said it really does sound like Amar'e will be in a different uniform by Thursday.

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 12:04 AM
I think the question is has Amar'e played his last game as a Sun?

Will he play tomorrow? If so it'll go down to deadline day...

philab
02-17-2010, 12:12 AM
well not worst case scnerio, but it'd still be a bad scenario for them.

im thinking the heat would deal him (beasley) to get amare becasue.
1. Amare is a great player
2. Cavs have 0 chance of getting him (Amare)
3. Helps to copnvince wade their serious about contending.

this suns source is legit though, i have no reason to doubt him, he's been bang on the mark before.

If the Cavs have zero chance at getting Amare, then why would the Heat trade Beasley? After all, they'd be competing with basically no one for Amare.

Also, that's circular reasoning.

You can't even stay logical in your bias. And I'm supposed to put some sort of stock in your opinion? LMAO.

fadedmario
02-17-2010, 12:15 AM
I think the question is has Amar'e played his last game as a Sun?

Will he play tomorrow? If so it'll go down to deadline day...

??? That's a good question. All directions point to him actually getting moved. Cleveland has just as good of shot as Miami at this point. One of these teams will get him. Have you heard the rumor that Cleveland was talking to Washington about moving Shaq. It sounds crazy but it's out there.

fadedmario
02-17-2010, 12:17 AM
??? That's a good question. All directions point to him actually getting moved. Cleveland has just as good of shot as Miami at this point. One of these teams will get him. Have you heard the rumor that Cleveland was talking to Washington about moving Shaq. It sounds crazy but it's out there.

Philly was being mentioned last night but not anything tonight.

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 12:23 AM

Yeah, I saw that and thought WTF?!

I'm not sure a frontline of Amar'e and Jamison would have the size and length to deal with the Lakers, Celtics or Magic bigs.

Duncan = Donkey
02-17-2010, 12:27 AM
If the Cavs have zero chance at getting Amare, then why would the Heat trade Beasley? After all, they'd be competing with basically no one for Amare.

Also, that's circular reasoning.

You can't even stay logical in your bias. And I'm supposed to put some sort of stock in your opinion? LMAO.

Dont know whatour talking about....

If Beasley is traded to PHX and Amare goes to the Heat. The Cavs would have 0 chance of getting Amare cause they wouldnt have enough cap room to sign Amare in Free agency.

The Heat would trade Beasley to get Amare, so they get their man and it also means the Cavs dont get him.

Do you understand what im saying now?

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Brian Windhorst just bought up an interesting point on his twitter page regarding the Heat's 4-1 offer...

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

As you read these 4-for-1 Heat/Suns trade scenarios, realize the Suns have just two roster spots open.

Yes, the Suns could cut a player but all salaries are guaranteed and they're in the tax. Would have to be major savings for them to do it.

Wade_County
02-17-2010, 12:52 AM
update

With rampant speculation that Miami is trying to pry Amare Stoudemire from the Phoenix Suns before the Cleveland Cavaliers can get him, here are two possible scenarios. According to an NBA source, the Heat are offering Daequan Cook, Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright, Mario Chalmers and draft picks to the Suns. ESPN.com

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 12:59 AM
update

I posted that a couple of hours ago...

The Suns have two offers on the table:

Heat - Quentin Richardson, Dorrell Wright, Daequan Cook, Mario Chalmers and a first rounder.

We'll see how it pans out over the next day and a half...

Duncan = Donkey
02-17-2010, 12:59 AM
update

lol, i doubt that trade goes through. thats just as worse as the cavs trade

Duncan = Donkey
02-17-2010, 01:00 AM
man i dont think anything will happen tonight

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 01:07 AM
man i dont think anything will happen tonight

Yeah, I agree... I don't think anything will happen till Thursday, because the Suns have another game tomorrow night.

fadedmario
02-17-2010, 01:15 AM
lol, i doubt that trade goes through. thats just as worse as the cavs trade

Other than the draft pick will be about 10-14 spots higher. Other than that though your right. Chalmers might be an attractive player with Nash being old. If the Cavs want Amare why not offer the next two first round picks. It might sound like too much but think of this. If the Cavs land Stoudemire the odds of Lebron leaving are about none. Why would he leave? Also Stoudemire is not going to leave a team where he plays with Lebron James. They would be too dominant. What is two late first round picks? If Cavs offered that, the deal would be done in an hour. I'm a Pistons fan so this is the last thing I'd want to see. I just think if Cleveland wants to keep Lebron on their team they have to get this deal done. With those two on the same team they would be a handful. What is two first round picks? Nothing if they are pick 30 and 29.

Duncan = Donkey
02-17-2010, 01:21 AM
both trades are horrible.

the cavs one is bad becasue we dont get enough talent back and we get the worst draft picks possible, basically 2nd round talent with guarenteed contracts.

that heat is one bad because the talent just isnt good enough, chalmers is just rubbish he bloody lost his starting spot to Arroyo and Alston. All Cook does is shoot 3's and Dorrell Wright, that dude has been in the league forever and is always mentioned as having great potential but he stinks.

fadedmario
02-17-2010, 01:25 AM
both trades are horrible.

the cavs one is bad becasue we dont get enough talent back and we get the worst draft picks possible, basically 2nd round talent with guarenteed contracts.

that heat is one bad because the talent just isnt good enough, chalmers is just rubbish he bloody lost his starting spot to Arroyo and Alston. All Cook does is shoot 3's and Dorrell Wright, that dude has been in the league forever and is always mentioned as having great potential but he stinks.

I agree. The crazy thing is that it actually look like one is going to happen.

chuckdaily85
02-17-2010, 01:31 AM
those trades are not horrible for the Suns b/c yall in a position of get what you can for hi or get nothing. If yall keep Stoudemire and he opts out and yall get nothing then thats horrible and all indications are he's opting out. If yall can get a JJ Hickson and 1st rounder thats cool. yall would have two 1st rounders can trade those two for a mid 1st round spot and get some talent.

LayZbone
02-17-2010, 01:33 AM
I posted that a couple of hours ago...

The Suns have two offers on the table:

Heat - Quentin Richardson, Dorrell Wright, Daequan Cook, Mario Chalmers and a first rounder.

We'll see how it pans out over the next day and a half...

the espn article said draft picks. that could mean both mid-1st rounders.

LayZbone
02-17-2010, 01:46 AM
Brian Windhorst just bought up an interesting point on his twitter page regarding the Heat's 4-1 offer...

a game changer could be if the Heat decide to take back J-Rich and replace Q-Rich with JO in the deal. The Suns wouldn't have to cut anyone for that deal.

JO/Wright/Cook/Chalmers/1 or both mid-first rounders for Amare/J-Rich.

But I'm sure the Heat would prefer to not take back that huge contract. If it means being able to keep Beasley....who knows? But they're going to explore every possible 3-team scenario before they consider taking back contracts.

Wade_County
02-17-2010, 01:55 AM
well less then 2 days left so we should fine shortly

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 01:58 AM
the espn article said draft picks. that could mean both mid-1st rounders.

The offer on the table is one of those picks, probably Toronto's. The Suns want both picks...

a game changer could be if the Heat decide to take back J-Rich and replace Q-Rich with JO in the deal. The Suns wouldn't have to cut anyone for that deal.

JO/Wright/Cook/Chalmers/1 or both mid-first rounders for Amare/J-Rich.

But I'm sure the Heat would prefer to not take back that huge contract. If it means being able to keep Beasley....who knows? But they're going to explore every possible 3-team scenario before they consider taking back contracts.

I can't see that deal being offered, Pat Riley has worked too hard to just wipe out all that cap room with a gamble of a trade. I don't think the Heat would be able to offer a max deal if Amar'e bolted in the summer leaving J-Rich and his ugly contract. It's too much of a risk for the Heat... If that's what the Suns want, I can see him saying no and just making a strong push for a major FA in the summer.

LayZbone
02-17-2010, 02:04 AM
The offer on the table is one of those picks, probably Toronto's. The Suns want both picks...

how do you know?

I can't see that deal being offered, Pat Riley has worked too hard to just wipe out all that cap room with a gamble of a trade. I don't think the Heat would be able to offer a max deal if Amar'e bolted in the summer leaving J-Rich and his ugly contract. It's too much of a risk for the Heat... If that's what the Suns want, I can see him saying no and just making a strong push for a major FA in the summer.

yeah, you're probably right.

_KB24_
02-17-2010, 02:07 AM
I'm hoping Cleveland does this. Better off for the Lakers and Magic.

marlinsfan24
02-17-2010, 02:11 AM
I have a strong feeling we'll get Amare, but Richardson will be coming here too. I won't be upset by that however

Master Mind
02-17-2010, 02:48 AM
So if the Heat got J Rich in that deal couldn't they turn around and try to package him and JO's huge expiring contract to a team in desperate need of relief?

FroMontana
02-17-2010, 03:06 AM
So if the Heat got J Rich in that deal couldn't they turn around and try to package him and JO's huge expiring contract to a team in desperate need of relief?

yes, but I think they would have to wait a while to do it. i pretty sure there's some sort of grace period involved in packaging a recently-traded player with another in a subsequent deal.

Lord Leoshes
02-17-2010, 05:25 AM

i think it is JO, & picks, or a combination of (Wright,Cook, Q, Chalmers), & both 1st round picks.

Lord Leoshes
02-17-2010, 05:29 AM
As would any combo of:

Rose/Wade/Boozer
Rose/Wade/Bosh

Rose/Johnson/Boozer
Rose/Johnson/Bosh:)

#3 is your most probable.

Rose
JJ
?
Boozer
Noah

Not bad at all.

philab
02-17-2010, 09:31 AM

That's like $35MM in contracts. It would be hard to match that salary-wise. The Heat would have to take either some really awful contracts or a whole lot of crappy players.

Jaji
02-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Make the damn trade already!

king4day
02-17-2010, 10:48 AM
3 days ago I really thought this deal was going down. Right now, I'd be surprised if any move is made. I really don't see the Cavs being the team anymore though.

Last year, following the coaching change, Kerr held off trading him because he wanted to see how he and Shaq would do back in the run n gun.
Since the Suns are now playing their best ball of the season, it's hard to see him trading him now. Especially if we beat Dallas tonight. Not saying it's the right decision in regards to the future, but I just don't see it.

Duff
02-17-2010, 11:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=2406595

Listen to the podcast above.

rumour has it cleav might be sending shaq to washington, makes sense because amare never liked shaq... Or maybe they going after jamison... time will tell.

and fyi - amare isnt worth 20 mil but will probably get something close to that which is just :facepalm:

tjlipford
02-17-2010, 11:37 AM
I want Amare

fadedmario
02-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Amar'e deal is going to happen. It sounds like the Miami deal is closer right now.

fadedmario
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Michigan live is now saying the Pistons have offers out to the Jazz for Carlos Boozer. They also state they are still in contact with the Suns.

Wade_County
02-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Amar'e deal is going to happen. It sounds like the Miami deal is closer right now.

any new link to that

WITZ
02-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Michigan live is now saying the Pistons have offers out to the Jazz for Carlos Boozer. They also state they are still in contact with the Suns.

Source?? because according to that Yahoo guy Wajorski(Spelling) Cleveland is still the favorite.

Jay22Redd
02-17-2010, 01:08 PM

Trade Rumors heating up!

GoNY
02-17-2010, 03:30 PM
And of course the Thunder make out like bandits if this deal goes down lol. Presti can't seem to do anything wrong. Amare to the Cavs can possibly = the Suns out of the playoffs which leads to the Thunder obtaining a lottery pick. The rich get richer.

fadedmario
02-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Source?? because according to that Yahoo guy Wajorski(Spelling) Cleveland is still the favorite.

This is just the word in Michigan. Source is michigan live. I hope we get Boozer.

mgsports
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=TradeTalkRoundup-2010

GAWDtv
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
@ $20 mill per I think Cavs would be better off waiting till the summer to see if they can offer that to CB4 or DWade to join LBJ in CLE. With Raps over paying for Turk this season they put themselves out of Boshville come 1st rd exit.

Mr.G
02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=2406595

Listen to the podcast above.

rumour has it cleav might be sending shaq to washington, makes sense because amare never liked shaq... Or maybe they going after jamison... time will tell.

and fyi - amare isnt worth 20 mil but will probably get something close to that which is just :facepalm:

Trading Shaq is somebody's pipedream and is completely senseless. Shaq was brought in to play Man Defense on Boston/Orlando/LA, - so, their title hopes rest on Shaq. He's proven to be up to the task. According to Amare, he and Shaq are fine together.

mgsports
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Maybe this Trade
Magic get O'Neal and Richardson
Suns get Gortat and Bass,Foyle,Vasquez and Johnson
Wizards get Z,Hickson and so on
Cav's get Amar'e,Jamison and Miller.

Wade_County
02-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Maybe this Trade

umm What:facepalm:

CAVS21
02-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Maybe this Trade

I think you need an intervention for your drug problem

OnslaughtXX6
02-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Maybe this Trade

lol

mgsports
02-17-2010, 05:34 PM
That would make Cavs the favorites to win it all.

king4day
02-17-2010, 06:00 PM
There are some indications out there that the Suns are getting close to giving Cavs an answer on Amar'e. As in very soon.
8 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

TheKing23
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Cavs look to be closing in on him...

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/sources_indicate_cleveland_cav.html

CLEVELAND -- There are indications the Cavaliers' chase of Amar'e Stoudemire is about to reach a climax.
While the Phoenix Suns were still hoping to allow for more time, both to weigh the big decision and to see if other bids for the All-Star forward emerge, they are being pushed by both Stoudemire and the Cavs to make up their minds.
According to sources, as time runs out before Thursday's trade deadline and with other trade options on the table that the Cavs need to decide on, the organization has turned up the heat and is attempting to get the Suns to take or leave the Cavs' trade offer. It is believed to center on Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson but would involve one more player and perhaps a draft pick.
Also on Wednesday, Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, told the Associated Press in Phoenix that it would not make sense to not trade Stoudemire and risk losing him in free agency this summer. Walters told the AP that he expected the Suns' game Wednesday night in Dallas to be Stoudemire's last.
Walters and the Suns exchanged contract extension offers last week and the sides, according to a source, were not close.
Both of these tactics seem to have the same mission: force the Suns into action.
There has been some belief that Phoenix is still considering an option of not trading Stoudemire -- they pulled him off the trade market in the final days before the deadline last year -- and hold out hope they could work something out in the summer. The Suns have won six of their last seven games heading into Wednesday night.
If the Suns decide not to make the trade, the Cavs are expected to turn their full attention to making a deal with the Washington Wizards for forward Antawn Jamison.

king4day
02-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Amar'e Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, said Wednesday that he expects his All-Star client to be traded before Thursday's NBA trade deadline.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/02/17/20100217-amare-stoudemire-agent-trade.html

Starting to get really nervous now.

While deep down, if he wasn't gonna resign anyway, this is the best thing for this organization, but it's going to be hard to swallow this one if/when it goes down.

Jonathan2323
02-17-2010, 06:22 PM
PDcavsinsider
Cavs-Suns talks over Amar'e Stoudemire reaching a climax: http://bit.ly/bFEsl0

There are some indications out there that the Suns are getting close to giving Cavs an answer on Amar'e. As in very soon.

rhaas74
02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
@ $20 mill per I think Cavs would be better off waiting till the summer to see if they can offer that to CB4 or DWade to join LBJ in CLE. With Raps over paying for Turk this season they put themselves out of Boshville come 1st rd exit.

The reason the Cavs are pushing so hard is because they don't have any cap room to sing one of them. However if they make a trade now they can get the bird rights to that player and can offer a max contract, even if that means they go over the salary cap.

Romo2Bryant
02-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Maybe this Trade

I'm pretty sure your joking if not... then that's a :facepalm: