PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Kevin Durant will be the best player in the league in the next 2-3 years

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Anyone think Kevin Durant will be the best player in the league in the next 2-3years?

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Will he be the best? No, I don't think so. He'll be pretty close though.
Will he be the best SCORER? Definitely. He'll be breaking record books for a while if he keeps it up at this pace.

SteveNash
02-15-2010, 06:42 PM
What the heck are these poll options?

No, not the best and not top 3.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 06:43 PM
What the heck are these poll options?

No, not the best and not top 3.

Who will be the top 3 players in the league in 3 years?
You tell us.

kobeonekenobe
02-15-2010, 06:45 PM
No, once Kobe retires Lebron will be the best player n the league for many years, then D-wade. But top 5 definately. Top 3 maybe

GodsSon
02-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Durant will be a notch under LeBron for the second best player in the L...at this point in time I'd say he's already knocked Wade out of the top 3

Rosh
02-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Will he be the best? No, I don't think so. He'll be pretty close though.
Will he be the best SCORER? Definitely. He'll be breaking record books for a while if he keeps it up at this pace.

Breaking record books? :laugh2:

Sorry, I had to.

Kakaroach
02-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Who knows what could happen in 2-3 years. That being said Kobe might not be the best in 2-3 years but even then I don't think anyone can beat out LeBron. You also have Melo and Wade to consider.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Breaking record books? :laugh2:

Sorry, I had to.

I really don't see the funny thing about it.
Kevin Durant is already scoring like a consistent monster.
25+ games with 25+ points. The last person to do that was Michael Jordan, but he didn't break any record books right?

:laugh2:

Bishnoff
02-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Best scorer is possible. I don't know about best player.

Yankee Lifer
02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
I think he will be top 2 because in order to pass Lebron he's gonna have to get his assists up. Aside from that I think right now he is in the top 3 discussion maybe top 2.

kryptonate
02-15-2010, 07:34 PM
its top 3 because when kobe is gone it will be lebron wade and durant

xbrackattackx
02-15-2010, 08:03 PM
In 2-3 years I think top 5 will be Lebron,Melo,Wade,Durant and I think Kobe will play off his b-ball IQ and Not his athleticism like MJ did and Still be In the Top 5.

ChiSox219
02-15-2010, 08:09 PM
In 2-3 years I think top 5 will be Lebron,Melo,Wade,Durant and I think Kobe will play off his b-ball IQ and Not his athleticism like MJ did and Still be In the Top 5.

lol^

lebron, melo, cp3, Dwight will still be ahead of durant

xbrackattackx
02-15-2010, 08:19 PM
lol^

^
LOL

Dwight isn't even ahead of Durant now..And Cp3 and D-Will will be right behind him in 2-3 years IMO.

ChiSox219
02-15-2010, 08:30 PM
^
LOL

Dwight isn't even ahead of Durant now..And Cp3 and D-Will will be right behind him in 2-3 years IMO.

Part of being top 5 is defense.

The lol was for saying Jordan depended on his athleticism

_KB24_
02-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Its going to be arguable. I still think that CP3 is being crapped on and has no respect. He'll never be the bets but Top 3 is there. As for Durant, I think he will surpass Lebron within 3 years and be the next great player after Kobe.

xbrackattackx
02-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Part of being top 5 is defense.

The lol was for saying Jordan depended on his athleticism

He did when he was younger..When he came back from his retirement he played with even a deeper knowledge than before.

Raph12
02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Top scorer, but only a Top 3 player IMO... I got Lebron and Dwight/Melo ahead of him.

Strumpy
02-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Anything can happen :shrug:

Public Enemy #1
02-15-2010, 08:40 PM
You guys are ********* crazy if you think Durant is going to be top 3 in the league in the coming years. Durant is so overrated, anybody who takes 30 shots a game can score 30 points. lol I don't know why everybody is joining the Durant bandwagon, he is a great volume scorer but he can't play any defense and doesn't know how to pass.

heyman321
02-15-2010, 08:43 PM
None of those options. Lebron, Wade, Howard, Paul, among others will still be better.

ChiSox219
02-15-2010, 08:43 PM
He did when he was younger..When he came back from his retirement he played with even a deeper knowledge than before.

so how would kobe be different if he increased his bbiq to stay in the top 5?

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Thought this was a good post by a user named Dr Mufasa.

Hakeem and Barkley had similar careers for a while. Both had come from the 84 draft, Hakeem had a bit more success early on after getting to the 86 finals, Barkley took the lead after. In 1990 Barkley got the most 1st place MVP votes on a 53 win Sixers team, against Magic on a 63 win LA team and Jordan on a 55 win Bulls team. (This is more impressive than the 93 MVP to me, as that year the Suns had the most wins despite KJ's injury and were the media darlings, whereas Jordan had a 10 win drop coming off winning the last 2 MVPs - letting in the "we're tired of giving it to him and they had a weak year" factor. In 90 Barkley got those votes clean). Anyways in 1993 both Barkley and Hakeem 30 and hit their highest points to date in media hype, wins, MVP voting. Barkley's slight but clear edge became a big one when he made the finals while Hakeem went down in the 2nd round.

At this point if you told anyone Hakeem would go down as a top 7-9 player ever while Barkley was out of the top 20, they'd be shocked and would give you the stink eye. Mainly because they'd watched those two players for a decade... at this point how could the gap between them grow that big? Even if Hakeem had great team success, we've seen them and we know he's not the superior player, let alone by a margin like THAT.

This is why Durant can surpass Lebron. He doesn't have to beat him in on court production as much as he does playoff success. If he does that he'll be considered the alpha dog of the league. Meanwhile if Lebron goes through his entire career without a title (unlikely, but not impossible), he probably gets seen around David Robinson or Karl Malone's level and well out of top 12 of all time contention.

SteveNash
02-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Thought this was a good post by a user named Dr Mufasa.

Durant will never have more playoff success than LeBron.

ChiBulls91
02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Durant will never have more playoff success than LeBron.

all he'll have to do is win a title.

Cubs Win
02-16-2010, 12:19 AM
He'll be close. But LeBron is already the best player in the NBA, and he's not gonna get worse over the next 3 years. He will probably be able to surpass Kobe because of the age/injury problem for Kobe. Then he could pass D-Wade or be right around him or still behind him. But theres also CP3 and Dwight Howard so it'll be tough, but he could definitely be on the verge.

SteveNash
02-16-2010, 12:20 AM
all he'll have to do is win a title.

A player like Durant has never won the title. So if he wins the title, it will be because someone else on his team won the title for him.

PHX2daDEATH
02-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Best player hands down in 2-3 years.. you wanna know why? Because he eats, sleeps and Sheets basketball..lol Seriously I think he has a better work ethic than LeBron, you wont see him in too many commercials.. He's a naturally born basketball player where as Lebron is just an athletic freak, Who has the better Jumper? Durant.. and for those of you who say he can't defend.. well that will come in time.. He's not HORRIBLE on the defensive end, he just needs to get stronger, he's 6'10 with a wingspan of a 7'5 guy..

Playoff success..Ive said it before LeBron can only dream about the Cast of players that have been given to Durant.. if OKC was in the East they'd be a 5th or 6th

DerekRE_3
02-16-2010, 12:52 AM
So is the OP saying that there is no way that Durant isn't top 3 in the NBA in 2-3 years?

Baller1
02-16-2010, 01:00 AM
You guys are ********* crazy if you think Durant is going to be top 3 in the league in the coming years. Durant is so overrated, anybody who takes 30 shots a game can score 30 points. lol I don't know why everybody is joining the Durant bandwagon, he is a great volume scorer but he can't play any defense and doesn't know how to pass.

Durant averages just over 20 shots a game, and shoots a higher percentage than Wade, Melo, and Kobe.

You're so clueless it's embarrasing.

Kyben36
02-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Best scorer, not best player

PHX2daDEATH
02-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Public Enemy is obviously an Ex-Sonics fan...ive come to that conclusion

bchissie
02-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Carmelo, and Paul will be better all-around players than Durant.

DodgerBulls
02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Its going to be arguable. I still think that CP3 is being crapped on and has no respect. He'll never be the bets but Top 3 is there. As for Durant, I think he will surpass Lebron within 3 years and be the next great player after Kobe.

So Lebron is not considered the next great player after Kobe?

Baller1
02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Carmelo, and Paul with be better all-around players than Durant.

I'm sick of people saying Melo. They're already on the same level, and Durant might already be a better all around player. In 2-3 years, it won't even be worth arguing.

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Anyone on here that is not a Cavs or Lakers fan I think will agree that Durant will have a good shot to become the most dominant player in the league. Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Carmelo are all great. I like all of them. But I honestly think this Durant Kid is special. Kobe IS the best right now. Lebron is great but I think he is more athletic than all of them. I think Durant is going to be the better basketball player in the long run. Everyone on here that is cutting him down is obviously just in love with Lebron or Kobe. I like all the players mentioned, but if you don't think Kevin Durant is at the level of those four players mentioned, your wrong. Lebron is a freak of nature. Kevin Durant could be a better basketball player though. Kobe will be old in three years so he is out of the picture.

DodgerBulls
02-16-2010, 01:26 AM

LMAO! Your boy as your avatar averages more attempts than Durant this season

tredigs
02-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Durant is 21, is a wiry 6'10", has the wingspan of a g'damn California Condor (7'5". KIDDING me?) and has an extremely quick, pure jump-shot release that lets him drain threes with ease.

He's already shooting at a better clip than Dirk, Kobe, Wade, Melo, etc (Bron's power layups/dunks have him a bit higher in fg%, tho' Durant has him crushed already as a pure shooter) and can score with what looks like more ease than anyone in the league, and this kid hasn't even fully grown into his body yet!

His defense is laughably understated this year (he is a completely different defender than he was his first two years, you can tell how much work he has put in it), and his inability to bench 185lb is a big misconception, too. Again, this kid has a SEVEN-FOOT FIVE INCH wingspan with long muscles, the people who know the first thing about weight-lifting/bench-pressing know exactly why he can't put that weight up, and probably never will be able to. Just know It's 100% irrelevant to basketball strength and his overall game.

I can't say whether he will be the face of the NBA and better than Lebron, Cp3, Dwight or Wade in the next 2 years (though many of those are already arguable) because I don't have a magic ball to foresee their career arches, but he has more than enough drive, talent, and artillery on his young team to get there.

To the guy who said that OKC would have a chance to be a 6th seed in the EAST as a compliment, well, they're currently tied for 5th in the West, and (FWIW) Marc Stein's power rankings have them as 9th overall in the NBA, while Hollinger's power rankings have them as 6th overall.

And to "Steve Nash"'s earlier posts about him not being able to ever win a ring because nobody like him ever has? You're right. Because there's never been a player like KD in this league.

[To say I'm impressed his mix of talent, build, and work ethic is a bit of an understatement. Can't wait to see how it all plays out!]

OnslaughtXX6
02-16-2010, 01:55 AM
No, it will be Lebron then Durant.

td0tsfinest
02-16-2010, 01:58 AM
He can be the best scorer in the league. I can even see him grabbing some league scoring titles. But he's got some work to do for him to become the best player in the league.

sargon21
02-16-2010, 02:00 AM
paul's overrated, he literally needs the ball in his hands the whole time to be successful

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 02:06 AM
paul's overrated, he literally needs the ball in his hands the whole time to be successful

I agree

Top 5 in league in order (my opinion)
Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Durant
Carmelo

ellisgw
02-16-2010, 02:11 AM

haha he is point guard

find another sport to watch

JNA17
02-16-2010, 02:11 AM
top 3

soonabooma
02-16-2010, 02:12 AM
KD will be as good as anybody as long as he's playing ball.

:box:

MacFitz92
02-16-2010, 02:17 AM
I'm pretty sure he'll be in th top 10, but thats about it.

I think he might be a top scorer, but players like Dwight Howard and Dwayne Wade deserve a little more respect.

MacFitz92
02-16-2010, 02:17 AM
KD will be as good as anybody as long as he's playing ball.

:box:

Well he's not as good as 'Bron or Bryant right now so your proven wrong.

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 02:19 AM

:violin:

ellisgw
02-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Kd has to learn to player better defensive and learn how to become a better passer before he is up there with kobe and lebron

bchissie
02-16-2010, 02:23 AM

:facepalm:

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Kd has to learn to player better defensive and learn how to become a better passer before he is up there with kobe and lebron

:horse:

Showmeyourtds
02-16-2010, 02:35 AM
I am a lakers fan and I love Durant second to Kobe as an actual player to watch but I think its premature to put him top 3. The kid is a flat out stud and will be a legitimate force for his whole career but its dumb to not even put an option other than top 3. There is no way to predict if his defense or playoff success will develop. He has great steal numbers and is a true leader but lets not get ahead of ourselves and give the KID time because he is soo young.

soonabooma
02-16-2010, 03:06 AM

Kevin Durant is a basketball player, he's not a clown who worries about pregame dances and goofy tricks, he worries about ballin. He has the right kind of attitude, he's a hard worker, and he's very modest/humble. He doesn't worry about drawing attention to himself becuz he lets his play do the talking. He worries about playing basketball. He's the kind of player who is willing to work to become great, he will work to improve in any area he needs to until he has sharpened his game to the fullest. That's Kevin Durant. So honestly...how long do you really think it will be before he's in the discussion with anybody and everybody in the league, including Cav Boy? I'm thinking not all that long. :superman:

Showmeyourtds
02-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Kevin Durant is a basketball player, he's not a clown who worries about pregame dances and goofy tricks, he worries about ballin. He has the right kind of attitude, he's a hard worker, and he's very modest/humble. He doesn't worry about drawing attention to himself becuz he lets his play do the talking. He worries about playing basketball. He's the kind of player who is willing to work to become great, he will work to improve in any area he needs to until he has sharpened his game to the fullest. That's Kevin Durant. So honestly...how long do you really think it will be before he's in the discussion with anybody and everybody in the league, including Cav Boy? I'm thinking not all that long. :superman:

If youre looking for a post to be defensive with that is probably not a good example. Nobody took an attack on Kevin Durant's skills because they are impressive he just stated that Kobe and Lebron are merely more talented and I would give CP3 the nod too because he is just better overall. I honestly LOVE durant because he plays soo hard and is an amazing up and coming talent but he needs some time so please just wait til its his time to be a top 3 player.

Rosh
02-16-2010, 04:21 AM
I really don't see the funny thing about it.
Kevin Durant is already scoring like a consistent monster.
25+ games with 25+ points. The last person to do that was Michael Jordan, but he didn't break any record books right?

:laugh2:

...I was laughing at your use of the phrase "breaking record books".

You seemed to combine the terms "breaking records" which I think you meant to say with "entering the record books". No one breaks record books. :laugh2:

bklynny67
02-16-2010, 05:34 AM
whats with Dwight Howard being mentioned as a top 3 player??

He's clearly behind lebron, kobe, durant, cp3, and wade. especially with his 4+ turnovers a game.

JordansBulls
02-16-2010, 09:32 AM

He's clearly behind lebron, kobe, durant, cp3, and wade. especially with his 4+ turnovers a game.

Dwight can be considered a top 3 player. Afterall he upset Lebron and company last year in the playoffs.

Double_R
02-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Where is the spot for some other choices, say top 5, or top 10

mikantsass
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I think top 5 is more likely...

ChiSox219
02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Durant is a great player but all fans see is that PPG number and determine him to already be the best but KD is still well behind where Lebron was at this point in his career.

This an interesting article a little while back about the Thunder offense:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12524/finding-good-looks-for-kevin-durant

Based on his improvement and performance thus far, I have little doubt that Dwight will be among the league's best in 2-3 years. He's already one of the best defenders in the league and that's half the case for being top 5. His offensive game is improving, he's developed a better jump shot and post moves.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2010, 01:20 PM
best scorer probably. But no way he passes LeBron's overall game

MrFastBreak
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
^ Exactly. For him to be the best player in the game in the next 3 years, hed have to pass Bron and I dont know if thats promising.

alencp3
02-16-2010, 02:01 PM
He is top 3 right now,top 2 next year. But he best? Well i dont think that someon will past LBJ for years to come. Well,maybe John the beast Wall

RaiderLakersA's
02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
I just want to know when is his contract up so that the Lakers can sign him?

ChiSox219
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM
He is top 3 right now,top 2 next year. But he best? Well i dont think that someon will past LBJ for years to come. Well,maybe John the beast Wall

You have Durant ahead of Wade, Duncan, CP3, Bosh, Melo, Howard, etc. right now?

ldc62
02-16-2010, 03:47 PM
lol^

LOL Dwight Howard? Ahead of Durant? You think an athletic center with no post moves is better than an athletic wing who can score from anywhere on the court?

SteveNash
02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm sick of people saying Melo. They're already on the same level, and Durant might already be a better all around player. In 2-3 years, it won't even be worth arguing.

Durant is around the same level as Carmelo at 21. If anything, people should look at Carmelo and see that you're not going to see a linear growth in play just because Durant is 21.

And to "Steve Nash"'s earlier posts about him not being able to ever win a ring because nobody like him ever has? You're right. Because there's never been a player like KD in this league.

Being a one-dimensional scorer is not unique.

Saltinuts40
02-16-2010, 04:41 PM
3 Years
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Derrick Rose
-------------
6. Dwight Howard
7. Chris Bosh
8. Chris Paul
9. Deron Williams
10. Kobe Bryant

jmtapia
02-16-2010, 05:45 PM
id go with best scorer in the NBA.. but LBJ is by far the best player in the NBA when you take offense/defense into account.

Rskinz101
02-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Kevin "Skinny" Durant lol, until he gets a bit tougher and can drive like most of the top players in the league he will never be top 3 as long as Kobe, Lebron, D Wade, and Melo are around

and thats funny how you set up the polls lmao.

Avenged
02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't think he ever will but he will come to a close second. I can see Lebron and Durant going up against each other in the future in the finals. Imagine that? :drool:

Carey
02-16-2010, 06:41 PM

Didnt we check you in the last thread!? lol....20 shots a game, 48% from the field on a team where he is desperately needed to score big.....do you even watch basketball??? or are you one of those guys who have to try to go against the grain even when its clearly wrong

Seattlesports
02-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Durants a fing Beast all u you haters can eat a fat one

soonabooma
02-16-2010, 07:17 PM
I understand that there are some great players in the league right now, but anybody that thinks KDs small body will keep him from being just as elite as anybody else is crazy. He plays with an intensity. He's as good of a pure basketball talent as we've seen in a long time. And I'm sure he wants his image to be more than just "he's a great scorer". I'm not saying he's gonna become the premiere defender in the league, but I do think he's gonna work his butt off to make sure he becomes a very complete player. One thing's for sure. The NBA is doing just fine in terms of talent right now. We've got a hell of a group of players around the league to watch that are extraordinary. The next 10 years will be very fun to witness.

prash
02-16-2010, 10:35 PM
He has a legit chance to be the best player in the league this year if he keeps playing the way he has lately.

koreancabbage
02-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Lebron is still here isn't he?

Durant is regarded as a star b/c he can score i'm assuming

ChiSox219
02-16-2010, 11:04 PM
LOL Dwight Howard? Ahead of Durant? You think an athletic center with no post moves is better than an athletic wing who can score from anywhere on the court?

Yes and you are wrong to think otherwise.

fadedmario
02-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Lebron is still here isn't he?

Durant is regarded as a star b/c he can score i'm assuming

Lebron's overrated. He'll never be as good as Michael Jordan. Not even close. Durant will be better than Lebron in 5 years. Deal with it.

:cheers:

ElMarroAfamado
02-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Lebron's overrated. He'll never be as good as Michael Jordan. Not even close. Durant will be better than Lebron in 5 years. Deal with it.

your gonna get alot of hate forr that statement but its true.....durant already has an advantage over james simply with his lights out shooting abilities from all over the court...where as james relies solely on the paint...kD could do it from anywhere
its really amazing what this kid is doing

JordansBulls
02-18-2010, 08:57 AM

What does MJ have to do with this thread?

pistonsfanomg
02-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Ill put him in the Top 5 in a few years

He's 10-15 right now

jwn0303
02-18-2010, 09:16 AM
3 Years
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Derrick Rose
-------------
6. Dwight Howard
7. Chris Bosh
8. Chris Paul
9. Deron Williams
10. Kobe Bryant

A little OT here, but why do people think that Rose will be better than Paul or D-Will. He is an athletic point guard than can't shoot. Paul and Williams can both shoot from anywhere on the court with great success as well as being able to finish well. Rose can't hit a 15 footer with any consistency. Get over it. They all have great point guard skills, but Rose has zero shooting skills to go along with them. He'll never be the best point guard in the league as long as those 2 are around. Rondo is even better than Rose.

NDIRISH37
02-18-2010, 09:43 AM
A little OT here, but why do people think that Rose will be better than Paul or D-Will. He is an athletic point guard than can't shoot. Paul and Williams can both shoot from anywhere on the court with great success as well as being able to finish well. Rose can't hit a 15 footer with any consistency. Get over it. They all have great point guard skills, but Rose has zero shooting skills to go along with them. He'll never be the best point guard in the league as long as those 2 are around. Rondo is even better than Rose. I'm not going to argue that Rose will develop to be a better player then Paul or Derron because to be honest I dont know if he will, but when you say he can't hit the 15 footer, have you watched Rose play at all this year? Thats an area where he has improved drastically from last year. He's been regularly knocking down that mid-range jumper this year.

NDIRISH37
02-18-2010, 09:47 AM
To answer the question, if he continues to develop defensively Durant could very well become a top 2 player, but Lebrons game is so well rounded it will be difficult to surpass him.

wylie
02-18-2010, 01:14 PM
your gonna get alot of hate forr that statement but its true.....durant already has an advantage over james simply with his lights out shooting abilities from all over the court...where as james relies solely on the paint...kD could do it from anywhere

Have you ever even watched a Cavs game?

JayW_1023
02-18-2010, 01:15 PM
If he improves his overall game...yes i believe he will be. I like the kid, he is humble and i think the future is bright.

redsox0717
02-18-2010, 01:19 PM
What is the point of a poll when it's so biased that we can't choose anything else other than him being at least the top 3 player in the league?

SteveNash
02-18-2010, 04:09 PM
A little OT here, but why do people think that Rose will be better than Paul or D-Will. He is an athletic point guard than can't shoot. Paul and Williams can both shoot from anywhere on the court with great success as well as being able to finish well. Rose can't hit a 15 footer with any consistency. Get over it. They all have great point guard skills, but Rose has zero shooting skills to go along with them. He'll never be the best point guard in the league as long as those 2 are around. Rondo is even better than Rose.

What are these great point guard skills that Rose possess?

And NDIRISH, his mid range jumper is slightly improved, he hasn't made a huge jump.

fadedmario
02-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Have you ever even watched a Cavs game?

From Ohio?

ChiSox219
02-19-2010, 12:40 AM

And NDIRISH, his mid range jumper is slightly improved, he hasn't made a huge jump.

Rose's long jumper has been above the league average (42.3 vs 40.6) for PGs playing 15mpg+ and his mid range jumper is where he's made the biggest improvement and is well above the league average for PGs (47.2 vs 41.2)

He's just below the Deron/CP3 level as far as jump shooting.

jwn0303
02-19-2010, 01:16 AM

I was being generous to avoid making this a complete pro-Rose thread, and to avoid being called a rose hater. Which I'm not

SteveNash
02-19-2010, 02:38 AM
Rose's long jumper has been above the league average (42.3 vs 40.6) for PGs playing 15mpg+ and his mid range jumper is where he's made the biggest improvement and is well above the league average for PGs (47.2 vs 41.2)

He's just below the Deron/CP3 level as far as jump shooting.

??

Where did you get those numbers?

nolin
02-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Anyone think Kevin Durant will be the best player in the league in the next 2-3years?

?????? Not no but hell no. Im starting to think your on drugs or something JB

valade16
02-19-2010, 04:50 AM

Yeah, your really gonna change the perception that all Durant can do is score by saying he's better than LeBron because he can shoot better :rolleyes:

Nevermind LeBron is a better passer, handler, rebounder, driver, etc...

Right now LeBron is better and I don't think KD will pass him ever, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, because the guy is supremely talented...

ElMarroAfamado
02-19-2010, 05:17 AM
that funny/scary thing is that the mere fact that Kevin Durant can has a jumpshot and can make a shot from anywhere on the court (and doesnt rely solely on getting layups and dunks) ...propels him passed lebron james indefinitely probably by next season...but better than Kobe not just yet.....

Kevin Durant is great though....im not even a Thunder fan but i like the guy ....its something about him his humility....

ElMarroAfamado
02-19-2010, 05:19 AM
Yeah, your really gonna change the perception that all Durant can do is score by saying he's better than LeBron because he can shoot better :rolleyes:

Nevermind LeBron is a better passer, handler, rebounder, driver, etc...

Right now LeBron is better and I don't think KD will pass him ever, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, because the guy is supremely talented...

damn ima probably have kids in a couple years and probably not even get on forums anymore but if i do hahah i will gladly say "i told you so"
when Kevin Durant has a title...and Lebron James does not ....
Kevin Durant will win a championship sooner than Lebron James does (and no james is not winning one this year)

Hawkeye15
02-19-2010, 06:01 AM
damn ima probably have kids in a couple years and probably not even get on forums anymore but if i do hahah i will gladly say "i told you so"
Kevin Durant will win a championship sooner than Lebron James does (and no james is not winning one this year)

that is a bold prediction.
While Durant is a gifted scorer, and may very well be a top 5 player shortly, you are delusional if you think Durant is as good as LeBron was at the same age. LeBron's playmaking skills were so much better its incredible. And their scoring and rebounding were basically on par. On top of that, LeBron at that same age had just come off a finals appearance going for 28/8/8 the year prior, and was again in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Durant is special. But he is no LeBron James. And will not be unless he wakes up one day with the ability to run the point forward position and make plays off the dribble for his teammates. And then there is the whole defense thing.

Durantula
02-19-2010, 06:40 AM
All things a side. Those here who believe Wade is in top 3 let alone top 5 is a complete joke. Maybe hes not playing his best BBall as there is noone work work off and the 1 guard.

Durant will be the top scorer and will be better than LBJ or if not equal. He certainly wont get the recognition that LBJ does for sure, Durants in a little City (Oklahahoma) and LeBron in Cleveland (with players like Jaminson, Shaq, Mo etc....).

Top 5 now:
1 - LeBron James
2 - Kobe Bryant
3 - Kevin Durant
- Carmelo Anthony (4th equal)
5 - Tim Duncan

Top 5 next 2-3 years:
1 - Kevin Durant
2 - LeBron James
3 - Carmelo Anthony (Big Shot has 2-3 years left in Denver, him and Lawson will play well and from what I have seen they have a good conbination)
4 - Chris Paul (Hornets believe it or not do have a valuable team, look work on Collison by skilling him up at a 2 role and then trade, package Okafor and West together this Summer, Posey and Songila have value when at their best)
5 - Deron Williams (Reason: likely Boozer will go from Utah leaving more pressure on this fellow)

Assuming Kobe will retire.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2010, 09:13 PM
All things a side. Those here who believe Wade is in top 3 let alone top 5 is a complete joke. Maybe hes not playing his best BBall as there is noone work work off and the 1 guard.

Durant will be the top scorer and will be better than LBJ or if not equal. He certainly wont get the recognition that LBJ does for sure, Durants in a little City (Oklahahoma) and LeBron in Cleveland (with players like Jaminson, Shaq, Mo etc....).

Top 5 now:
1 - LeBron James
2 - Kobe Bryant
3 - Kevin Durant
- Carmelo Anthony (4th equal)
5 - Tim Duncan

Top 5 next 2-3 years:
1 - Kevin Durant
2 - LeBron James
3 - Carmelo Anthony (Big Shot has 2-3 years left in Denver, him and Lawson will play well and from what I have seen they have a good conbination)
4 - Chris Paul (Hornets believe it or not do have a valuable team, look work on Collison by skilling him up at a 2 role and then trade, package Okafor and West together this Summer, Posey and Songila have value when at their best)
5 - Deron Williams (Reason: likely Boozer will go from Utah leaving more pressure on this fellow)

Assuming Kobe will retire.

LeBron could play at a catholic girl's school, he is still gonna be better dude. He has a far more complete game. Durant is going to be possibly the best scorer in the NBA. But he is not going to pass LeBron's all around game. Just not happening. LeBron at the same age as Durant is now was just as good of a scorer, and a better rebounder and distributor, as well as being a better defender. Durant does not have the physical ability, strength, or speed to catch LeBron.
In 3 years, it won't matter if Kobe is playing, he probably won't be top 5 with 1300 games on his body.
And in all reality, in 3 years, John Wall, Blake Griffin, or Tyreke Evans (All just examples only), could pass up the players we think will be there now

CowboysKB24
02-19-2010, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. Durant will be the best scorer definitely. The edge may go to LeBron since he will average more assists, but it will also depend on how good his team is. If he winning championships, sure he will be the best.

JWO35
02-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I think Durant is already the 4th best player in the NBA(Kobe, LeBron, Wade ahead). He's not that behind D-Wade, and Kobe skill will decrease because of his age. And on the pace K-Dezzy is on he'll be better than LeBron...by 2012 (IMO)

J-E-T-S
02-19-2010, 09:57 PM
I see Kevin Durant being a better scorer than Kobe early on in his career as i already see. But he is going to need the supporting cast to propel him to superstar status. He needs another player to take the heat of him like Shaq was to Kobe.

But I do see him surpassing LBJ in 5yrs time

ChiSox219
02-19-2010, 10:55 PM
??

Where did you get those numbers?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4372005696_84383a6f54_o.jpg

JordansBulls
02-20-2010, 01:38 AM

How do you figure this?

SteveNash
02-20-2010, 02:21 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4372005696_84383a6f54_o.jpg

That's a very very loose definition of midrange, never heard of shots in the paint being considered midrange. Taking the more conventional definition of midrange. You see that he's hitting them at around the same percentage, he's just taking more of them.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qlej5y.jpg

Not what I would consider a big improvement.

ChiSox219
02-20-2010, 02:24 AM
That's a very very loose definition of midrange, never heard of shots in the paint being considered midrange. Taking the more conventional definition of midrange. You see that he's hitting them at around the same percentage, he's just taking more of them.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qlej5y.jpg

Not what I would consider a big improvement.

Mid range 2's are 10-15 feet, long 2's are 16 feet extended to the 3 point line. My point is, Rose is a very good shooter even when compared to other PGs.

SteveNash
02-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Mid range 2's are 10-15 feet, long 2's are 16 feet extended to the 3 point line. My point is, Rose is a very good shooter even when compared to other PGs.

Mid range would be at least 11 feet out.

Long 2s are usually counted when you're a step or two inside the three point line.

The percentages you listed all appear to be within 11 feet of the basket meaning the numbers do not represent his midrange shooting at all.

ChiSox219
02-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Mid range would be at least 11 feet out.

Long 2s are usually counted when you're a step or two inside the three point line.

The percentages you listed all appear to be within 11 feet of the basket meaning the numbers do not represent his midrange shooting at all.

He's over 42% from 15+ feet out, again above the league average for PGs that get regular minutes. I'm sure you definition of mid range is different than mine, I go by 3's, long 2's, mid range and inside.

Baller1
02-20-2010, 01:56 PM
It's incredible that a Durant thread got turned into a Rose discussion. I'm so sick of this ****.

GOON MUSIC
02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Lebrons gonna be the greatest until hes about to retire

celtisox41
02-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Durant will be the best. It makes me even angrier that if it wasnt for the lottery he would be on the celtics. But we won the championship so i cant complain

ChiSox219
02-20-2010, 04:03 PM
It's incredible that a Durant thread got turned into a Rose discussion. I'm so sick of this ****.

:cry:

SteveNash
02-20-2010, 05:09 PM
He's over 42% from 15+ feet out, again above the league average for PGs that get regular minutes. I'm sure you definition of mid range is different than mine, I go by 3's, long 2's, mid range and inside.

And he was 43% last year, so where's the big improvement?

Besides that, he doesn't have a 3 point shot meaning his mid range jumpshot has to get a whole lot better than slightly above average for him to ever sniff the top 3.

drobe86
02-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Well, the #1 spot will be Lebron from now until he retires. I think the battle between Wade and Durant will be for #2. Cp3, Melo,Brandon Roy, Bosh, and Dwight Howard will fight for the spots immediately behind those 3. And for those of you wondering where Kobe is. Yea... he is an aging superstar that will be averaging 15 ppg in 2-3 years lol.....

ChiSox219
02-20-2010, 09:57 PM
And he was 43% last year, so where's the big improvement?

Besides that, he doesn't have a 3 point shot meaning his mid range jumpshot has to get a whole lot better than slightly above average for him to ever sniff the top 3.

I don't think I said he improved, just that he is a good jump shooter. If I did say or imply he improved, my mistake.

JordansBulls
02-20-2010, 11:04 PM

:confused:

This is talking about the league now. Rose is in that league and will be the next few years. I don't see what the problem is here.