PDA

View Full Version : Lebron wanted MVP so bad... that it almost cost east the game

Double_R
02-15-2010, 10:39 AM
In the Allstar game yesterday, it looked like to me that Lebron was trying was so hard to be the game's MVP. He tied for most FGA with Carmello(13-22), while taking 6 more shots than anyone on his team while going 10-22 from the floor in an Allstar game where most of those were wide open jump shots or him just powering his way through lazy defense.

10-22, 25pts
LEBRON WAS THE ONLY GUY WHO TOOK OVER 3 SHOTS THAT SHOT UNDER 50%, outside of Z. Randolph who was 4-10.

Put it this way
I mean the guy was chucking up air balls and rim grazers from 3 (1-6,3pts) when other guys were wide open. He was the only guy to touch the ball on multiple possessions. I thought it was really forced and that is why he shot so pedestrian. Did anyone else think this while they were watching the game.

The ChILL
02-15-2010, 10:43 AM
It was obvious at the end of the game.

Evolution23
02-15-2010, 10:47 AM
lol

Highlight
02-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Lebron would have won it if Wade didn't have nearly a double double at halftime. Wade was just having a really good game.

And yeah, it did seem like Lebron cared, but w/e. Good for him.

raidercincy
02-15-2010, 10:51 AM
In the Allstar game yesterday, it looked like to me that Lebron was trying was so hard to be the game's MVP. He tied for most FGA with Carmello(13-22), while taking 6 more shots than anyone on his team while going 10-22 from the floor in an Allstar game where most of those were wide open jump shots or him just powering his way through lazy defense.

10-22, 25pts
LEBRON WAS THE ONLY GUY WHO TOOK OVER 3 SHOTS THAT SHOT UNDER 50%, outside of Z. Randolph who was 4-10.

Put it this way
I mean the guy was chucking up air balls and rim grazers from 3 (1-6,3pts) when other guys were wide open. He was the only guy to touch the ball on multiple possessions. I thought it was really forced and that is why he shot so pedestrian. Did anyone else think this while they were watching the game.
who died and made you a mind reader. Also it evens out. Why! You hate Mr. Davis. I hate your mindless behind and I'am being kind. So run to the owner of this site and complain. Why! Because you can't handle the Truth. You just got your LIGHTS KNOCKED OUT. H A T E R HA HA HA

mser58
02-15-2010, 10:55 AM
who cares at all, the all-star game is as meaningless as it gets and the award is whoever hits that night....

raidercincy
02-15-2010, 11:02 AM

10-22, 25pts

Put it this way
Is there a Rookie or Freshman area on this site for people like this guy. I nominate him to head it up. You play to win the game. No Lebron this game is boring like the Dunk and skills and half time show. We have a old saying. Say 2, Say 2 Say Twain. When you grow up you learn LOCOMOTIVE Grass hopper you like child but hopefully knowledge is power and U will LEARN.

G-Funk
02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
I've notice that everytime in the All-star games! LeBron would have more if the West wouldn't have won in previous All-star games. I wonder why he wants them so much they really don't prove how great of a player u are. it's making him look really selfish and greedy. he should let other All-stars get there shine on.

BTW Im really happy that Wade got his!

Pierzynski4Prez
02-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Is there a Rookie or Freshman area on this site for people like this guy. I nominate him to head it up. You play to win the game. No Lebron this game is boring like the Dunk and skills and half time show. We have a old saying. Say 2, Say 2 Say Twain. When you grow up you learn LOCOMOTIVE Grass hopper you like child but hopefully knowledge is power and U will LEARN.

I nominate you to follow and learn how to speak in proper English, oh and also to speak to the subject.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Every all-star game, you can tell as soon as the game starts who is out to win MVP and who is out to just have fun.

Double_R
02-15-2010, 11:46 AM

Listen here babyman, I hate to break it to you, but I never said anything about Lebron not playing in the game, but who cares about that when really I just wanted to say how much appreciate you, I love when someone who obviously is not real bright decides to call out the master. You really should have stuck to a no post, because now you have put yourself in an embarrassing place. I get it, your a Lebron fan or Cavs fan, who knows... but the fact that you are blind to what Lebron was trying to do, shows me that you are also blind to the fact that you shouldn't have posted at all... Your post is what makes me laugh the most; when you decide to call someone out, you might want to consider making yourself look smarter than you did, your posts were so elementary that I had trouble understanding what you were saying. BTW I don't hate Al Davis and that is not what my sig says, if you were able to comprehend words and pictures at the same time you would have realized that is Al Davis pointing at you saying "I hate you!" I wanted to take it easy on you after the 1st post since I thought you were a fellow Raiders fan, but then you had to post again.

Double_R
02-15-2010, 11:47 AM
I nominate you to follow and learn how to speak in proper English, oh and also to speak to the subject.

See what I was saying to you RaidersCincy, it is already starting...

magichatnumber9
02-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Please Close this thread!

AntwanN21
02-15-2010, 11:51 AM
of course lebron waned the mvp, so did wade, so did chris bosh, so did nowitski and so did carmelo anthony. Every played great games and ultimately the player with the best stat line won

em0ng24
02-15-2010, 11:53 AM
yep..since the start of the game he was the only player shooting the ball always for the east..wat a ballhog...lebron took it seriously...he goes for the FAME!!!FAME!!FAME!!!

jetsforever
02-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Please Close this thread!

Why?

As I caught the ending you could tell that he was going extra hard. Kind of gay to do that IMO. All star games are for fun.

dev0
02-15-2010, 11:56 AM
glad Wade got it instead of Bron actually... individual accolades are for wussies

Hitman21
02-15-2010, 12:17 PM
glad Wade got it instead of Bron actually... individual accolades are for wussies

Yea..because lebron has sooo many team accolades..and wade doesnt

td0tsfinest
02-15-2010, 12:20 PM
He was trying hard but thats the competitiveness in him. It may make him look arrogant to some but so what if he wanted to win MVP. So many players early on were trying to win MVP, Dwight, Bosh, D.Will, Melo. He might have lost the game but I'm sure they could all live with the loss.

Mr.Chi-Town
02-15-2010, 12:23 PM

Well that explains why lebron wanted it so bad.

the unknown
02-15-2010, 12:24 PM
HOnestly Wades Defensive should have one it.. he played great defense and hit the clutch free throws..

i noticed last year.. while the East was getting blow out.. lebron shot forced a couple of three pointers and just padded his stats..

Lebron trys to hard sometimes to be the best player ever created..

Lebron looked a little pissed when Wade won it.. he roled his eyes a little..

jetsforever
02-15-2010, 12:25 PM

:confused: Lebron has won less team accolades then Wade and his biggest accomplishment in his career was a League MVP award last year...

Was he a "wussy" when he won that last year?

path2zion
02-15-2010, 12:28 PM
he never fails to show me how much a self-centered d bag he is. he has more limelight than anyone yet he constantly tries to get more. as contrived as his persona is, he fails to pull off "the act". every year he doesnt win a ring is a victory for basketball.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 12:32 PM

I nominate you to follow and learn how to speak proper English. Oh, and also be able to speak about the subject.

It's interchangeable, just don't be mean about grammar.

DevonMSF
02-15-2010, 12:35 PM
he never fails to show me how much a self-centered d bag he is. he has more limelight than anyone yet he constantly tries to get more. as contrived as his persona is, he fails to pull off "the act". every year he doesnt win a ring is a victory for basketball.

What? The guy is an NBA player. He knows that ENTERTAINMENT is a big part of the sport.

LeBron isn't a D-Bag, just a diff.individual from plenty others in the A.

jetsforever
02-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Listen here babyman, I hate to break it to you, but I never said anything about Lebron not playing in the game, but who cares about that when really I just wanted to say how much appreciate you, I love when someone who obviously is not real bright decides to call out the master. You really should have stuck to a no post, because now you have put yourself in an embarrassing place. I get it, your a Lebron fan or Cavs fan, who knows... but the fact that you are blind to what Lebron was trying to do, shows me that you are also blind to the fact that you shouldn't have posted at all... Your post is what makes me laugh the most; when you decide to call someone out, you might want to consider making yourself look smarter than you did, your posts were so elementary that I had trouble understanding what you were saying. BTW I don't hate Al Davis and that is not what my sig says, if you were able to comprehend words and pictures at the same time you would have realized that is Al Davis pointing at you saying "I hate you!" I wanted to take it easy on you after the 1st post since I thought you were a fellow Raiders fan, but then you had to post again.

:worthy: The master!!

Double_R
02-15-2010, 12:45 PM
:worthy: The master!!

Hahaha, I learned from the best Jetsforever

Pierzynski4Prez
02-15-2010, 12:54 PM
I nominate you to follow and learn how to speak proper English. Oh, and also be able to speak about the subject.

It's interchangeable, just don't be mean about grammar.

Funny, too bad my post was aimed at someone who didn't know how to type, or how to create sentences that make sense. He was trying to rip on the OP for his sig (which he was too stupid to even realize what it was), and the rest of his 2 posts made 0 sense. And what part of my post was mean?

Your comment is strictly aimed at being an ***hole.

Cool007
02-15-2010, 12:59 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2rcs591.gif

That above pic says it all.

It was sooooooooo obvious that Bron wanted to win the MVP. He was really chucking and actually almost lost the game for East - especially if it wasn't for Deron's brainfart.

LeBron is 1 of my most fav player but that was really bad of him to be selfish.

I also had hoped that Nowitzki had shot more as he was on fire to start the game but never saw the ball back again until LONG time. Melo was really chucking as well and was trying really hard to win MVP.

I wish players just played a team game and had fun and whoever had the good stats/bigger impact on the win, would win it and call it a day.

CowboysKB24
02-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Who really cares.

If he did care that much than he is whacked because All-star MVP is a pick up game. It really doesn't mean that much. They gave it to Kobe and Shaq last year for publicity purposes.

heatdolfan4life
02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
:confused: Lebron has won less team accolades then Wade and his biggest accomplishment in his career was a League MVP award last year...

Was he a "wussy" when he won that last year?

no he wasnt a wussy but wade shouldve won it last yr..but he got robbed.. this yr lebron deserves mvp but not for last yr..and wade won his mvp bc he was the most valuable player not the one who scored the most..he set the tone of the game he took shots when it came to him and not force shots ..feeding his teamates and playing gr8 d..lebron was just ball hogging at the end of the game comon...after seeing the end of last nights game as gr8 as lebron is i m not sure id want them on the same team

showtym24
02-15-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm starting to hate lebron.

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 01:30 PM
I've notice that everytime in the All-star games! LeBron would have more if the West wouldn't have won in previous All-star games. I wonder why he wants them so much they really don't prove how great of a player u are. it's making him look really selfish and greedy. he should let other All-stars get there shine on.

BTW Im really happy that Wade got his!

Totally agree with this. I think it is becoming obvious that Lebron just wants to put up great stats.

Fanthrwthknthn
02-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Who cares its an exhibition game....no one said anything to the greats like um ahem(jordan) wen he did what lebron did....point is the ALLSTAR game is pointless and its wen you get to go out and have fun.

ko8e24
02-15-2010, 01:35 PM
OMG! PSD is officially going down the toilet with these types of threads. All-Star Weekend is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the next 3-4 days, talk about the stupid trade deadline, and when that crap is over, then we get back to just simply concentrating on the great game of basketball.

MODS, close this crap as well. Too many pointless threads that are like baiting threads that are cluttering our NBA Forum.

JIMMY CONWAY
02-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Did see you see the look of disgust on Lebron's face when Wade was named MVP(look in the background)? And the look of disgust when he didn't touch the ball on the final couple of shots? Lebron its Wade, its not like you're asking Mo Williams for the ball. Straight clown, homey...

Fanthrwthknthn
02-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Everyone knows LBJ needs some maturing... You would never see KOBE or MJ dancing and heel toeing on the sideline because his team is blowing out a team in a earky season game.

Fanthrwthknthn
But he is the best player in the league as of NOW...

dabears34ft
That's because LBJ is a selfish player. Yeah he gets his assists, but that doesn't mean he isn't selfish. In the end I feel it will always be more about him than the team. I hope he never wins a title unless he signs with the Bulls, in which case I would have to suck it up and like him.

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm by no means a LeBron fan or a Cavs fan, but the hate on this forum is absolutely ridiculous.

Who cares if he was disappointed that he didn't get the game MVP? It's the All-Star game. It doesn't matter. He's obviously very competitive and feels like the All Star MVP is important, but why does it matter to everybody on here so much? If it's important to him then so be it. Way too many people just hating him because he's LeBron.

Hitman21
02-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Everyone knows LBJ needs some maturing... You would never see KOBE or MJ dancing and heel toeing on the sideline because his team is blowing out a team in a earky season game.

My thoughts exactly....i though that was completely disrespectful. And its not like he did 1 time...he was doing it for most of the time he was on the bench.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Seen.

JayAllDay
02-15-2010, 02:19 PM
oh the all-star game happened?

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Funny, too bad my post was aimed at someone who didn't know how to type, or how to create sentences that make sense. He was trying to rip on the OP for his sig (which he was too stupid to even realize what it was), and the rest of his 2 posts made 0 sense. And what part of my post was mean?

Your comment is strictly aimed at being an ***hole.

Haha.
That's not it.
I just think you shouldn't go around being a grammar Nazi like that, it's a forum.
Let people have there fun for God's sake.

redsox0717
02-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Who cares?

You people are putting a lot of stock in a meaningless exhibition game.

Double_R
02-15-2010, 02:46 PM
OMG! PSD is officially going down the toilet with these types of threads. All-Star Weekend is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the next 3-4 days, talk about the stupid trade deadline, and when that crap is over, then we get back to just simply concentrating on the great game of basketball.

MODS, close this crap as well. Too many pointless threads that are like baiting threads that are cluttering our NBA Forum.

I am always amazed when people post about closing a thread, but yet they are viewing it as well as posting. For someone who dislikes this thread that much, you sure read a lot of it and even took time to post. If you don't like the topic, don't click on it.

Pierzynski4Prez,
Well done today, I enjoyed your posts.

Raph12
02-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Lebron, Bosh, Wade and Melo all wanted it, but Wade was the only one with a double-double who had good percentage.

I don't think it's fair to point the finger at just one guy, a lot of guys were trying to put their stamp on the game to win the MVP, that's what made it relatively competitive.

DCB/LAL
02-15-2010, 05:26 PM
no he wasnt a wussy but wade shouldve won it last yr..but he got robbed.. this yr lebron deserves mvp but not for last yr..and wade won his mvp bc he was the most valuable player not the one who scored the most..he set the tone of the game he took shots when it came to him and not force shots ..feeding his teamates and playing gr8 d..lebron was just ball hogging at the end of the game comon...after seeing the end of last nights game as gr8 as lebron is i m not sure id want them on the same team

How in the ***** should Wade of won it last year if the West won last year?

DodgerBulls
02-15-2010, 05:32 PM
As the stars managed to get along during the weekend events, can we all get along about the events that took place the past weekend?

ProdigyI
02-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Listen people, i respect that bron wanted it so bad. most of the time, the players don't take this game seriously and hardly play real ball. Jordan always took this game seriously and that's why people respect him. Im glad bron actually brought it

natelpete
02-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Just another thread for Kobe fans to hate on Lebron.
If he shouldn't care because its only an All-Star game, why do you care?

I think it's really funny that Kobe fans think Lebron is selfish..

DCB/LAL
02-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Just another thread for Kobe fans to hate on Lebron.
If he shouldn't care because its only an All-Star game, why do you care?

I think it's really funny that Kobe fans think Lebron is selfish..

It wasn't started by a Laker or Kobe fan Genius.

Way to look dumb without trying.

levignjw
02-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Lebron is an attention whore, so ya it makes sense.

shizzle09
02-15-2010, 06:17 PM

I'd nominate you before the guy who made this thread. I think it was quite obvious Lebron wanted MVP. I dont think it's a bad thing to want mvp of the all star game so i view it differently then the guy who made the thread. Your lame attempts at insulting him make you look like the rookie my friend.

shizzle09
02-15-2010, 06:22 PM

R u serious?? You stop threads like this there is barely a PSD. You should be happy people are choosing to voice their opinions on PSD. I more tired of the constant banter about peoples threads. JUST DONT READ THEM. that simple.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 06:30 PM
It wasn't started by a Laker or Kobe fan Genius.

Way to look dumb without trying.

LMFAO.
Wow. I'm sorry. That made my day by a mile.

mlisica19
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
All i know is that they showed the highlights of the game 2day on ESPN and all i saw was passing between James/Howard/Wade throwing it up to each other all game. James got open like he was suppose to and when he got the chance he took the shots. One play he ran with Wade down the court, went to the OPEN area of teh court which was teh side 3 pointer.. and wade drove in and saw him and passed... Simple play, James shot and scored.

Another has where James drove down and threw the ball up for an alleyoop to Howard and another to Wade...

I saw plenty of good plays from both teams
Also James was #2 on the east with assists... with 6. 25 points, 5 rebounds 6 assists dammm

tr4shb0t
02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
just like the playoffs

personal stats over winning

lebron doesn't really have the arsenal to be a dynamic scorer if interior guys aren't in foul trouble and scared to defend him. fortunately that is usually taken care of for him.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 06:42 PM
All i know is that they showed the highlights of the game 2day on ESPN and all i saw was passing between James/Howard/Wade throwing it up to each other all game. James got open like he was suppose to and when he got the chance he took the shots. One play he ran with Wade down the court, went to the OPEN area of teh court which was teh side 3 pointer.. and wade drove in and saw him and passed... Simple play, James shot and scored.

Another has where James drove down and threw the ball up for an alleyoop to Howard and another to Wade...

I saw plenty of good plays from both teams
Also James was #2 on the east with assists... with 6. 25 points, 5 rebounds 6 assists dammm

Highlight's don't show what players did wrong. Especially the NBA All-star game.

Just saying.

Hawkize31
02-15-2010, 06:56 PM
What if a player did this every single night?

And he played on the Lakers?

And he is sometimes called the Black Mamba?

KBfrom8to24
02-15-2010, 07:15 PM

10-22, 25pts

Put it this way

Yes LBJ wanted the ASG MVP so badly to tie Kobe with 3 AS MVP's. If you notice he looks disappointed, when D. Stern announces DWade as this year's ASG MVP.

LA_Raiders
02-15-2010, 08:07 PM
lol, funny

ElMarroAfamado
02-15-2010, 08:09 PM
good thing he was attempting jumpers and hes a horrible shooter

Zefflin
02-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Lol at the three above posts.

Bashna
02-15-2010, 08:33 PM
this thread is stupid...Original post(er) is stupid. Lock this nonsensical bull$h!t plz.

Ollie Tabooger
02-15-2010, 08:36 PM
lebron gets his 8 rebounds cause he takes rebounds away from teammates, gets his 8assists trying to pad his stats. He's always been like this. No surprise.

ko8e24
02-15-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm sure he'll do everything in his power to get it next yr in Kobe's house.

ElMarroAfamado
02-15-2010, 08:39 PM
good thread but i think everyone could tell he wanted to do this since the beggining....im sure he was mad at the end....he tried to win the game towards the end but he missed a jumper on the baseline haha

Spurred1
02-15-2010, 08:42 PM
The ASG is completely meaningless to most of the players. Maybe LeBron took it seriously along with a few other players. That's his decision to take it seriously-for being saddled with a player who is so selfish and a game killer, the Cavs have somehow withstood LeBron and his detrimental presence on the team. How have they accomplished this?
These threads often turn into hatefests and ________ vs. _____________.

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Lol at this thread

:facepalm:

Mavrix
02-15-2010, 09:02 PM
No but Melo is a ball hog that shouldn't have tooken the last shot.

RCarlson85
02-15-2010, 09:24 PM
I definitely think he was forcing things at times. I don't know whether or not he was trying to win MVP. He was taking too many 3 pointers and long jumpers without getting anyone else involved in the offense. I was getting pissed watching him jack crappy shots up with the game close. When he drove good things happened.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 09:27 PM
We really should take into consideration that everyone else was taking stupid shots too. :)

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 09:29 PM

I don't understand how Melo takes the exact same numbers of shots as LeBron and no one accuses him of "wanting the MVP"...

This thread is another fine example of the "LeBron hate" that is rife in these forums...

heatdolfan4life
02-15-2010, 09:33 PM
How in the ***** should Wade of won it last year if the West won last year?

i was talking about mvp for the season not the all star game..chill :facepalm:

Raph12
02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
I don't understand how Melo takes the exact same numbers of shots as LeBron and no one accuses him of "wanting the MVP"...

This thread is another fine example of the "LeBron hate" that is rife in these forums...

Uh yeah I did, I also put Wade and Bosh in there as well. A couple of guys wanted it, but not all of them had double-doubles and 8 dunks, 4 layups and 4 FTs...

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Uh yeah I did, I also put Wade and Bosh in there as well. A couple of guys wanted it, but not all of them had double-doubles and 8 dunks, 4 layups and 4 FTs...

Wade definitely deserved it, but I think it's harsh to criticize a player of shooting too much in an all-star game...

Seriously, are people so intent on hating LeBron that they have to come up with these ridiculous statements. If Kobe had gone 10-22 there wouldn't be a thread saying how badly he wanted the MVP that was 6 pages long... I hate the double standards on these forums and the extent people go to criticize one player.

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2010, 09:42 PM
no because honestly you need to realize only a really self centered player like Lebron would do something like this.

did you watch the end of the game? Its not your time to be chucking 3s and taking turn around fade aways. Especially when Lebron isnt a smooth shooter.

MAC10TIZZY
02-15-2010, 09:59 PM

10-22, 25pts

Put it this way

i am not a cavs fan nor lebron fan but i do have to say i disagree with you, if lebron wanted to win the mvp , levron would of won the mvp, as much as i hate to toot his horn, lebron is the best pound for pound player in the league (with kobe less than a hair behind)

TheKing23
02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
no because honestly you need to realize only a really self centered player like Lebron would do something like this.

did you watch the end of the game? Its not your time to be chucking 3s and taking turn around fade aways. Especially when Lebron isnt a smooth shooter.

Ohhh, sorry, I forgot you had first hand experience of what LeBron is like as a person...

Yes, I did see the end of the game, I saw Melo throw up an air ball attempting to win the game with 3 seconds left on the clock but still, no one accuses him of going for the MVP.

It's a freakin' all-star game... Not game 7 of the NBA finals. It means nothing, purely entertainment.

I don't expect you too understand, you're the number 1 LeBron hater on PSD...

KBfrom8to24
02-15-2010, 11:10 PM
i am not a cavs fan nor lebron fan but i do have to say i disagree with you, if lebron wanted to win the mvp , levron would of won the mvp, as much as i hate to toot his horn, lebron is the best pound for pound player in the league (with kobe less than a hair behind)

Manny Pacquiao regarded as the best pound for pound fighter, by beating the best fighters around the world. His 7 world titles in different divisions convincingly made him the best pound 4 pound fighter. To be the best, you have to win many titles, and beat the best opponents that comes your way.
And you are saying Lebron is the best pound for pound player in the league, even without a ring? With just 1 season MVP, 1 Finals appearance and 2 AS MVP's you already proclaimed him as the best P4P player in NBA?:confused::confused::confused:

DCB/LAL
02-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Gotta love his competitiveness. Im sure every player out there wanted the MVP. :rolleyes:

Not sure how you can HATE on that but I guess you found a way.

Gibby23
02-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Ohhh, sorry, I forgot you had first hand experience of what LeBron is like as a person...

Yes, I did see the end of the game, I saw Melo throw up an air ball attempting to win the game with 3 seconds left on the clock but still, no one accuses him of going for the MVP.

It's a freakin' all-star game... Not game 7 of the NBA finals. It means nothing, purely entertainment.

What do you know about game 7 of the finals? Didn't Lebron get swept.

Mr.Chi-Town
02-16-2010, 01:12 AM

i think billups(mr big shot) should have.

Mr.Chi-Town
02-16-2010, 01:14 AM
What do you know about game 7 of the finals? Didn't Lebron get swept.

:laugh:

_KB24_
02-16-2010, 01:16 AM

You must have not seen the end of the game. Melo didn't throw up an airball, it grazed the rim. Your boy Bron threw up an airball in the 4th wide open. Nothing new I guess. Take a look at my sig, you'll see how "happy" Lebron was in a "freakin' all-star game".

OaklandsFinest
02-16-2010, 01:26 AM

10-22, 25pts

Put it this way

STOP HATING!!!!!!!! Come one man, just enjoy the show and shut up. Why is it everybody in here takes every shot this man takes so seriously. No one ever points out that Monta Ellis and Kobe shoot the same fg pct. and 3pt pct. but they like to comment how many shot Monta throws up there. Let me guess your a laker fan who sees Lebron as not worthy of anything. Come on man, it was an ALL STAR GAME!!!

KB24PG16
02-16-2010, 01:28 AM
haha just check _kb24_ sig it tells the whole the story

TheKing23
02-16-2010, 01:32 AM
You must have not seen the end of the game. Melo didn't throw up an airball, it grazed the rim. Your boy Bron threw up an airball in the 4th wide open. Nothing new I guess. Take a look at my sig, you'll see how "happy" Lebron was in a "freakin' all-star game".

There we go again... A Laker fan making a completely irrelevant argument. I don't care if "it grazed the rim", it was an awful shot, but Melo wasn't going for the MVP with that shot was he? Oh no, course not...

Haha, dude your sig is a joke... LeBron has exactly the same reaction on his face as Al Horford. I suppose Al was pissed about Wade getting MVP...

Why would LeBron care so much, he'll be getting his hands on a more important MVP at the end of the season (regular and playoffs) :D

Hawkize31
02-16-2010, 01:33 AM

Granted, its not from 3 point range, but in overall FG%, Lebron is in the top 30 this year. Take out centers and hes in the top 15. Given his track record, especially in all star games, and actually, I do want him shooting the ball if I'm rooting for the East.

Ethix11
02-16-2010, 01:49 AM
There we go again... A Laker fan making a completely irrelevant argument. I don't care if "it grazed the rim", it was an awful shot, but Melo wasn't going for the MVP with that shot was he? Oh no, course not...

Haha, dude your sig is a joke... LeBron has exactly the same reaction on his face as Al Horford. I suppose Al was pissed about Wade getting MVP...

Why would LeBron care so much, he'll be getting his hands on a more important MVP at the end of the season (regular and playoffs) :D

Look at LeBron! He was clearly disappointed and disinterested. Al Horford was just aloof and probably hungry.
If you look at the actual MVP acceptance, LeBron was talking to CP3 while Stern was handing it to Wade. When Wade turned around, LeBron quickly started to clap just 4 times.

What does this mean? That LeBron is a sore loser. I still wouldnt mind him on my team though. Just not as much as before.

td0tsfinest
02-16-2010, 01:50 AM

the only one happy in your sig was Wade and Ernie Johnson. I think KG cracked a little smile as well.

I'm just trying to figure why the Camera was focused on Lebron for so long.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-16-2010, 01:58 AM

with 5 seconds left, I'm pretty sure Melo was just doing the played Karl called right before. Even Reggie Miller had it right, they were going to take a 3, not shoot a 2 pointer. That last shot was no selfishness by Melo, just doing the play that was drawn up.

_KB24_
02-16-2010, 02:00 AM

I don't know what your trying to say there. The play was either for him or Billups because they had just ran a play for Dirk. He was trying to win the game, thats it.

Wow, I'm not going to even argue with you about my sig. ANYONE can tell that Lebron is visibly upset and I have even had Cavs fans tell me how funny and childish it is.

I hope you really do believe your last statement. I have a feeling when you guys are bounced out by either BOS/ORL, the "Lebron is doing it by himself" and we're "a **** team" excuses will come around. :rolleyes:

Double_R
02-16-2010, 11:39 AM
KB24 taking it home for me with the sig that tells all.

To the dude claiming Melo shot a rim grazer at the end, let me reiterate what Pierzynski4Prez said... if you watch basketball, you would know that when there is 5 seconds or whatever, you don't have much time to get the best possible shot, so you have to take it, if you can't get the ball to someone else with enough time for them to get a shot off, you might have to take a bad shot. The ball was in bounded to Melo, there wasn't much time so he took the shot. Lebron was dribbling the ball for the entire 24 and taking bad shots.

Also, to the other guy that was complaining about Melo taking the same number of shots, he hit 3 more of them and most were in the flow of the offense.

People want to call me a hater, but the fact is that if you wanna be blind to the truth, that is on you not me

Double_R
02-16-2010, 11:48 AM

I think that Lebron is the most dynamic player in the league, but he can't shoot like Kobe, and that makes Kobe better... Oh plus those 4 rings.

When you say if Lebron wanted to win MVP he would have... you basically are making the argument why Kobe is better, that is exactly what Lebron tried to do and he couldn't because he wasn't able to knock down wide open jumpers. Like I said before, listen carefully, Lebron took 6 more shots than every player on his team, but in doing so, he shot himself out of the MVP... When you go 10-22, 1-6 3pts, in a regular season game, it's not a big deal, but in an allstar game where there is hardly any defense it is just bad or forced shots. When you are shooting airballs early in the shot clock, or dribbling the 24 down to nothing and charging in for a contested missed layups, it's going to take away from your team and thus your not the most valuable. Lebron is an amazing player, there is no doubt, but as reiterated many times in this thread it's not about how good he is, it's about how selfish and attention hungered he is.

miller74
02-16-2010, 11:50 AM
who cares