PDA

View Full Version : Billups/Deron Williams=crappy facilitators

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 01:14 AM
I know you're not supposed to base your opinion on one game, but I just have to say that those two guys sucked like a mother at running the point tonight. It's kinda funny how when Steve Nash is in the game, the West looked GOOD, and I think it's pretty safe to assume that CP3 would have given them the same thing. But when Chauncey and Deron were in the game, the West looked like an absolute joke. Those guys stunk to high heaven. I wonder if watching them play was as painful for Chris Paul as it was for me. If they knew how to do their job, the West could have won even without Kobe. It was pretty sad. Their scoring becomes meaningless becuz they don't get their teammates involved and it hurts the team in the longrun. This is why Paul and Nash are better than those two dicks.

But overall, it was an entertaining game. I just think it sucks when guys get voted into the All-Star game and hurt their team by being ballhogs. Oh well, that's how it goes.:facepalm:

Afridi786
02-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Seriously?

Vinny642
02-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Cp3!!

jimbobjarree
lol

AntwanN21
it was an allstar game man

THE MTL
02-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Im not going lie, the WEST looked fierce when Steve Nash was running it!

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2010, 01:19 AM
well nash is another level compared to them two guys in terms of getting other guys involved obviousley.

Billups never really has been a facilitator though. his not the type of PG that Paul and Nash are. i see what your saying though.

no suprise that George Karl was coaching though and he gave more minutes to Billups than Nash even though Nash was starter

NetsPaint
02-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Zach Randolph's assist ftw.

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 01:24 AM
YES...seriously. I don't care how much anybody likes those two guys. The fact is...they like to score, but they can't run the point like Chris Paul and Steve Nash. The stats get skewed pretty bad but if you just watch the game, then you know when a team is actually doing better or not. Those guys needed to be better about getting their teammates involved.

DenButsu
02-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Wow. This has to be the most ridiculous thread I've seen in a long time. Deron and Chauncey were probably the two best players on the floor for the West, with the possible exception of Melo.

Their lines:

BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A REB AST STL BLK +/- PTS
Chauncey Billups, PG 26 6-11 5-8 0 5 1 0 +7 17
Deron Williams, PG 28 6-11 2-4 3 6 4 1 +10 14

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Deron was playing the 2 guard half the night and Billups was red hot from downtown, what do you expect, him to throw away open looks?

When Deron was the sole point guard he was penetrating and dishing to Durant and Gasol in the lane the whole time (and that dunk), half time came at the wrong time for him.

anyway who cares, as long as he continues playing the successful team game with Utah I'm happy

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Deron is nasty at dishing it out, billups is avrage

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Wow. This has to be the most ridiculous thread I've seen in a long time. Deron and Chauncey were probably the two best players on the floor for the West, with the possible exception of Melo.

Their lines:

I dont know about Deron, he had 5 TO's, at least 3 of them led to Fast break buckets for the East. And he made that bone head play at the end.

Nash shouldve played Way more, the offense looked much more fluid out their with him running the point. he had 13 dimes in what..19 minutes.

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 01:37 AM
deron kept getting poor passes thrown at him that wade swallowed up, that musta happened at least 3 times. And one of them Deron got tripped and got pick pocketed on the floor. Anyway re-watch the first half, Deron got loadsa people open they just couldnt nail the Js

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Deron was playing the 2 guard half the night and Billups was red hot from downtown, what do you expect, him to throw away open looks?

When Deron was the sole point guard he was penetrating and dishing to Durant and Gasol in the lane the whole time (and that dunk), half time came at the wrong time for him.

anyway who cares, as long as he continues playing the successful team game with Utah I'm happy

ur a chelski fan, what would you know?? j/k

i just wanted nash to get more minutes over chauncy.

it was ridiclious chauncy got so many minutes when he wasnt even initially selected to play. I knew Gerorge Karl would give him tons of minutes though, the fat pig

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2010, 01:43 AM
deron kept getting poor passes thrown at him that wade swallowed up, that musta happened at least 3 times. And one of them Deron got tripped and got pick pocketed on the floor. Anyway re-watch the first half, Deron got loadsa people open they just couldnt nail the Js

i couldnt if you payed me

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 01:43 AM
lol an australian Burnley fan?

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Well, there you go. They are guys that like to score, and as a result....their teams chances of actually WINNING the game went way down for that very reason. They CAN'T run the point like Nash or Paul. In fact, neither one of them is even close. First of all, it really sucked for the West that Kobe didn't play becuz we all know how capable he is of taking over a game, but it also hurt them that Paul didn't play becuz of how good he is at both scoring AND assisting other guys. But I still say Nash would have given them a much better chance down the stretch. With Nugget boy and Deron, it's usually just a one and done thing, maybe they make it, maybe they don't, but the game has a totally different feel when you don't have a good assist man out there. Give me either of those other two guys any day of the week over these two clowns. But then again, I'm already in better shape with Westbrook.:superman:

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2010, 01:46 AM
lol an australian Burnley fan?

whats so bad about that?

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2010, 01:47 AM
lets not go crazy, their not clowns, both are very good players.

Nash and Paul are just Better

ManRam
02-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Ink, you should have just closed this.

What a ridiculous thread.

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 01:48 AM
I agree, when Deron gets 10+ assists we have a much better chance of winning than when he doesnt, I dont get how you can be so damning on 2 players in an allstar game of all games where its all about scoring and getting your name out there, and just because they didnt do it tonight doesnt mean they cant distribute with the best and that they never do :laugh:

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 01:49 AM
whats so bad about that?

nothing wrong at all, its just a little random. There has to be a story to it right?

Korman12
02-15-2010, 01:50 AM
This is ridiculous, you're acting like their D-Leaguers.

End thread.

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2010, 01:56 AM
nothing wrong at all, its just a little random. There has to be a story to it right?

its not o neof those interesting funny stories, just a boring one.

My Day was born and lived heir, I went on holday with my family and stayed with some of his family when i like 6/7. Went to see a game at turf moor and have followed them ever since.

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 01:57 AM
I'm just saying....their inability OR unwillingness to expand their game beyond scoring hurt the Wests chances. Obviously, there's a little joking involved with the All-Star game, but still....nobody wants to lose. It just kinds sucks for the West that they A) didn't have a player like Paul available, and B) didn't use Nash more down the stretch. That's a big part of the reason why they couldn't finish strong in the end. We don't even have to talk about Kobe Bryant. They just needed floor generals who could do more than just score. You can tell Deron Williams and Chauncy Billups I said that with no hesitation.:box:

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 01:58 AM
I don't know about them being "crappy facilitators," but they definitely shouldn't have played as much as they did. Nash should have gotten more minutes with how well he and the rest of the West were playing with him on court.

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 02:00 AM
its not o neof those interesting funny stories, just a boring one.

My Day was born and lived heir, I went on holday with my family and stayed with some of his family when i like 6/7. Went to see a game at turf moor and have followed them ever since.

fair enough, I feel sorry that you came all that way and had to stay in grey Lancashire :p

anyway good on ya and good luck with survival, need Fletcher to score me some goals for my dream team

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm guessing Nash told Karl he didn't mind having limited minutes like Duncan did. I think both of them were willing to just kinda chill and let some of the younger guys be out there. But I know Nash could have have made a difference in the end.

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 02:41 AM
yeah but had nash have been in he probably would have dished it to Billups and Deron since they were hot :p

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 02:57 AM
That's fine. It's one thing to be the recipient of a good assist. It's a totally different thing to bring the ball up the court and be a ballhog and try to take the shot every single time. That's why those other guys are so good, becuz they can score their butts off when they really want to, but they still know how to get the high percentage of assists as well. What I saw tonight made me sick. Those guys barely shared the ball down the stretch, and when they did, it looked like it was a real pain for them to give it up to somebody else. It just goes to show you just how good guys like Paul and Nash really are and why they are IN FACT on a higher level. Whenever somebody says "D Will is just as good as CP3"...I just wanna slap em real hard. He's not even close and I hope he knows it. He's a pure scrub compared to Chris.:silly:

Jumba
02-15-2010, 03:43 AM
soonabooma lay off dude. It's a f***in allstar game. It means nothing. Just because the west lost doesn't mean every team in the west goes back to .500. Jesus lay off. Chauncey and Deron deserved to be there just as much as Nash. Watch a Denver or a Utah Jazz game. Then start a thread saying that both Billups and Williams are crappy facilitators. Think before you make yourself seem like a D Bag,

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Hey, they sucked at getting their teammates involved tonight. That's a point guards job, and they sucked at it. They passed up alot of chances to hit an open guy just so they could take the shot. They were ballhogs a little bit too often. It's just a fact. It's like that play at the end of the 3rd quarter when Billups wanted to keep the ball the entire time, he jacked his meat until he had no choice but to pass it out to Durant. That must have been a painful play for him to actually share the ball. The point guard runs the show, and tonight...those two clowns played like they had no idea how to actually play that position the right way. Had they not been so selfish, the West would have won. When Nash was in, the West held it's own easily. When those other guys were in, the East killed them. It's just a fact. But I definitely love seeing guys like Westbrook and Rose eat guys like them for breakfast. Westbrook will be getting the best of Williams and Billups quite often.....and I will love every minute of it. Hey, this is kinda fun. I'm on a roll.:box:

Vinny642
02-15-2010, 04:33 AM
Cp3!

gcoll
02-15-2010, 04:52 AM
They aren't crappy.

They just aren't as good as Nash or Paul, who as far as I am concerned are the two best point guards in the league.

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 04:54 AM
Exactly.....CP3!....a real basketball player, not just a good scorer. I'm sorry for ranting and raving about something that really shouldn't be a big deal. But that's just the way I am. I've gotta be honest. Tonight gave me an even bigger appreciation for Paul and Nash becuz of the way they play the game. They play the right way. Those other guys could learn alot from them.

vash9
02-15-2010, 05:17 AM
i thought they were pretty good.

Deron had really court vision and i liked his dishes. Chauncy was doing like he always does. pretty good.

DenButsu
02-15-2010, 05:45 AM
If I didn't know better, I might suspect that this was a Thunder fan who's upset that Durant wasn't the recipient of more assists, so he's lashing out at the point guards from his division rivals.

But even that wouldn't be justified:

PLAYER MIN FGA FGA per minute
Carmelo Anthony, SF 29 22 0.76
Kevin Durant, SF 20 14 0.70
Dirk Nowitzki, PF 28 15 0.54
Zach Randolph, PF 19 10 0.53
Amare Stoudemire, PF 20 10 0.5
Pau Gasol, PF 20 9 0.45
Chauncey Billups, PG 26 11 0.42
Deron Williams, PG 28 11 0.39
Chris Kaman, C 11 4 0.36
Tim Duncan, C 13 4 0.31
Steve Nash, PG 20 4 0.20
Jason Kidd, PG 6 1 0.17

Of all WC players, Durant had the 3rd most field goal attempts (14, behind Melo's 22 and Dirk's 15), and was putting them up at the 2nd fastest clip (0.70 per minute, behind Melo's 0.76). And of his 14 field goal attempts, Durant made 7, 4 of which were assisted by Deron, and 1 of which were assisted by Billups.

Now, you might make the argument that Durant should have played more than 20 minutes, which I might agree with since he was very effective while he was out there. But then, All-Star game rotations aren't completely based on effectiveness, they're based also on giving everyone a chance to play, putting interesting combinations of players on the floor toegether, etc.

Because it's not a serious game. It's only for fun. Which is entirely the point. So why even bother criticizing any players' play in the first place when they themselves don't really take this game seriously? :shrug:

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2010, 07:52 AM
fair enough, I feel sorry that you came all that way and had to stay in grey Lancashire :p

anyway good on ya and good luck with survival, need Fletcher to score me some goals for my dream team

ha we didnt just stay in that area, we stayed their for like a week and a bit, then just travelled around. Best places we went were probaly London and Brighton or so im told anyway.

And yer we need all the luck we can get if we wanna stay up with the big boys, especially after owen coyle left us for bolton. we need to get results at all our home games, cause we are just crap when we play away

Fletch is awesome, has one of the craftiest left foots in the league. Hope he stays a claret for a long time.

should be a tight finish for your lot and man united for the title. good luck with that

braveniler58
02-15-2010, 09:27 AM
I was rather surprised Nash wasn't in at the end. I thought Nash should have been in for Deron, but obviously that didn't happen. I do wish Nash shot the ball a little more, though.

But to come out and say that they suck because the West didn't win? What if they won? Would you still say they suck?

:rolleyes:

arkanian215
02-15-2010, 09:32 AM
:laugh: someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

Lo Porto
02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while. It's an all star game. Who really cares? I'd understand if home court in the Finals was riding on this. Everybody played well in my mind. And if you want to complain about something from All Star weekend, complain about Melo's lame attempt at a buzzer beater or Shannon Brown's terrible dunk contest performance.

kobeonekenobe
02-15-2010, 10:06 AM
I dont agee withe the D-Will part, he is a facilitator in Utah, but he is a different kind of point guard to Billups.

Look at it this way, guys like Nash, Cp3, D-Will, Rose, A.Brooks all run the offense on their teams

Guys like Billups, Mo-Will, Nelson, Fisher dont. Their teams offense is run through the star players on the team (Melo, Lebron, and in Orlando and the Lakers case the teams system.... Thier job is not really to facilitate but to space the floor and be open to knock down the big shots

masalex1205
02-15-2010, 10:07 AM
I know you're not supposed to base your opinion on one game, but I just have to say that those two guys sucked like a mother at running the point tonight. It's kinda funny how when Steve Nash is in the game, the West looked GOOD, and I think it's pretty safe to assume that CP3 would have given them the same thing. But when Chauncey and Deron were in the game, the West looked like an absolute joke. Those guys stunk to high heaven. I wonder if watching them play was as painful for Chris Paul as it was for me. If they knew how to do their job, the West could have won even without Kobe. It was pretty sad. Their scoring becomes meaningless becuz they don't get their teammates involved and it hurts the team in the longrun. This is why Paul and Nash are better than those two dicks.

But overall, it was an entertaining game. I just think it sucks when guys get voted into the All-Star game and hurt their team by being ballhogs. Oh well, that's how it goes.:facepalm:

wow, this is wackest thing I've read in awhile

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 10:25 AM
That's fine. It's one thing to be the recipient of a good assist. It's a totally different thing to bring the ball up the court and be a ballhog and try to take the shot every single time. That's why those other guys are so good, becuz they can score their butts off when they really want to, but they still know how to get the high percentage of assists as well. What I saw tonight made me sick. Those guys barely shared the ball down the stretch, and when they did, it looked like it was a real pain for them to give it up to somebody else. It just goes to show you just how good guys like Paul and Nash really are and why they are IN FACT on a higher level. Whenever somebody says "D Will is just as good as CP3"...I just wanna slap em real hard. He's not even close and I hope he knows it. He's a pure scrub compared to Chris.:silly:

lol I think one time Deron dribbled it up the floor and shot straight away, once, after sticking 2 straight threes. The rest of his shots were catch and shoot or drives to the basket.

As for the Durant thing, Deron set him up a good 5 or 6 times with a couple of alley oops, and a few open shots but he couldnt stick the jumpers early on.

and again lol at this thread

oh and thanks mr Burnley, we need that bit of luck if we're going to win the league

king4day
02-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I thought they did a good job, but was very surprised that the starting PG, Nash, who had 13 assists, wasn't put back in, in the 4th.
I think the turnovers would have been cutdown and the West may have actually won.

Alwaysballin247
02-15-2010, 10:32 AM
what game were you wathing haha...d williams and billups plaed really well and for the most part they played together and yes that does change things a bit...billups was on fire at the end.. you do know the west was down and came back to tie it when they were in the game right?

DenButsu
02-15-2010, 10:55 AM
I dont agee withe the D-Will part, he is a facilitator in Utah, but he is a different kind of point guard to Billups.

Look at it this way, guys like Nash, Cp3, D-Will, Rose, A.Brooks all run the offense on their teams

Guys like Billups, Mo-Will, Nelson, Fisher dont. Their teams offense is run through the star players on the team (Melo, Lebron, and in Orlando and the Lakers case the teams system.... Thier job is not really to facilitate but to space the floor and be open to knock down the big shots

That's a really good post.

I think guys like Kidd, Nash and CP3 have kind of bent the notion of what a "pure point guard" is in a particular direction (and saying that is a compliment to how much they've impacted the game and the fans), and that direction is: a fast-paced, exciting, razzle dazzle no-look passing machine. Which is pretty much completely not what Billups is, although he is, in fact, a fantastic point guard in his own right. But his game is all about controlling the tempo, managing the offense, and, as kobeonekenobe points out, spacing the floor (which it might be pointed out actually does have a "facilitating" function) and knocking down big shots.

Another thing that occurred to me later is that Karl loves playing two point guards, and he did it in this game as well. So, when both Chauncey and Deron are on the floor together, is the one who doesn't take the ball up the court supposed to simply stop shooting because it wouldn't be pure point-guardy of him to actually, like, shoot and score some points?

JAZZNC
02-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Well, there you go. They are guys that like to score, and as a result....their teams chances of actually WINNING the game went way down for that very reason. They CAN'T run the point like Nash or Paul. In fact, neither one of them is even close. First of all, it really sucked for the West that Kobe didn't play becuz we all know how capable he is of taking over a game, but it also hurt them that Paul didn't play becuz of how good he is at both scoring AND assisting other guys. But I still say Nash would have given them a much better chance down the stretch. With Nugget boy and Deron, it's usually just a one and done thing, maybe they make it, maybe they don't, but the game has a totally different feel when you don't have a good assist man out there. Give me either of those other two guys any day of the week over these two clowns. But then again, I'm already in better shape with Westbrook.:superman:

Wow, you obviously have no knowledge of the game of basketball if you're saying that Deron and Billups aren't good PG's based on a friggin' allstar game that is just a meaningless stat stuffer game for everyone involved. I swear, I get so tired of this site, it's people like you that make it so hard to even read a thread. You think Westbrook is better than Billups and Williams:rolleyes:

Yeah, the guy who is #3 in assists in the league isn't a good assist guy...just say it out loud dude and you will realize that what you're saying makes no sense and has absolutely nothing to support it other than you're opinion and a few other CP3 and Suns homers. Yes those guys are good but man, they aren't any better than Williams or Billups. But yeah both those guys are so much better at winning (just like you said), guess that's why Billups has one more ring than CP3 and Nash and he was the unquestioned leader of that team. That and the fact that CP3 has never done anything in the playoffs. Also might wanna check how Williams has straight worked CP3 every time they've played. I swear to God this stuff right here is why this site is so hard to look at, gotta filter through a ton of this noob, I don't know **** posts just to find anything posted by somebody with some sense.

td0tsfinest
02-15-2010, 12:16 PM
lol. You do realize it was an Allstar game. A lot of players were looking for their own shot than looking to pass.

Bucsfan
02-15-2010, 01:30 PM
this thread is just dumb, i thought the most exciting parts of the game for the west were when deron and billups were in the game, its not their fault that some of the west guys couldnt nail shots, if you want to make a rant thread, what about randolph and him missing layups?

the west didnt even have kobe and they lost by 2, if you go back and watch the biggest point differences is when nash and kidd were in, thats when they got down by like 15, when dwill and billups came back they both nailed some 3's and helped get the west back in

and in all honesty, who cares? it was a all star game, i thought it was entertaining

Kakaroach
02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Its an All-Star game lol, who cares? There will be lots of offense and people jacking up shots.

I think in real games Billups and D. Will have shown how good they are as facilitators.

Ironman5219
02-15-2010, 01:48 PM

Their lines:

x2 good post

SilverHaze
02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey, they sucked at getting their teammates involved tonight. That's a point guards job, and they sucked at it. They passed up alot of chances to hit an open guy just so they could take the shot. They were ballhogs a little bit too often. It's just a fact. It's like that play at the end of the 3rd quarter when Billups wanted to keep the ball the entire time, he jacked his meat until he had no choice but to pass it out to Durant. That must have been a painful play for him to actually share the ball. The point guard runs the show, and tonight...those two clowns played like they had no idea how to actually play that position the right way. Had they not been so selfish, the West would have won. When Nash was in, the West held it's own easily. When those other guys were in, the East killed them. It's just a fact. But I definitely love seeing guys like Westbrook and Rose eat guys like them for breakfast. Westbrook will be getting the best of Williams and Billups quite often.....and I will love every minute of it. Hey, this is kinda fun. I'm on a roll.:box:

lmao yeah your on a roll alright buddy, if you think billups and deron are two bad point guards then you may aswell throw all your bball knowledge out the window. On top of which it was the all star game where nobody really puts forth alot of effort towards winning.

Westbrook and rose eating guys like mr big shot and deron alive??? what kind of stuff have you been smoking and where might i be able to locate some of it. ;)

Vinny642
02-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Wow, you obviously have no knowledge of the game of basketball if you're saying that Deron and Billups aren't good PG's based on a friggin' allstar game that is just a meaningless stat stuffer game for everyone involved. I swear, I get so tired of this site, it's people like you that make it so hard to even read a thread. You think Westbrook is better than Billups and Williams:rolleyes:

Yeah, the guy who is #3 in assists in the league isn't a good assist guy...just say it out loud dude and you will realize that what you're saying makes no sense and has absolutely nothing to support it other than you're opinion and a few other CP3 and Suns homers. Yes those guys are good but man, they aren't any better than Williams or Billups. But yeah both those guys are so much better at winning (just like you said), guess that's why Billups has one more ring than CP3 and Nash and he was the unquestioned leader of that team. That and the fact that CP3 has never done anything in the playoffs. Also might wanna check how Williams has straight worked CP3 every time they've played. I swear to God this stuff right here is why this site is so hard to look at, gotta filter through a ton of this noob, I don't know **** posts just to find anything posted by somebody with some sense.

Are you crazy???
Do not take shots at Chris Paul, just don't do it to yourself man. You can defend DWill for this crazy thread but do not take shots at CP.

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 04:51 PM
or what? :box:

:hide:

Vinny642
02-15-2010, 04:56 PM
or what? :box:

:hide:

Talking sh**????
Wanna die?

Raph12
02-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Billups, Deron and Kidd are all better than Nash IMO (not statistically speaking), at least they can be effective without the ball in their hands 100% of the time.

aZekuiS
02-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Billups was the reason that game was even close down the stretch.

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey, I never said they were bad players, I simply said they can't do what those other guys do and if they could, the West could have easily won even without Kobe in the game. That's a fact. Maybe I just have special eyes or something that allow me to actually WATCH the game and pay attention. You can't tell me that Billups doesn't go overboard sometimes. He makes one shot, and then he thinks he needs to automatically take the next 15. Tell me I'm wrong. You can't do it. And D Will did some of the same thing last night. Sorry, but if Nash or CP3 would have been out there, it would have been different. You can't tell me those other two are on their level...maybe as players they are, but as point guards.....IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE.:shrug:

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Talking sh**????
Wanna die?

bring it vinnessa

Vinny642
02-15-2010, 05:27 PM
bring it vinnessa

iight jimbarbra

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 05:34 PM
haha

boriquaabe
02-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Too bad Billups facilitated his way to 2 NBA finals and 1 championship and how many playoff appearances in a row. He just runs the point differently.

mlisica19
02-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Uhm i didnt watch the game until the 4th and in teh 4th during their time in they really played well i thought. Billups was said to get the MVP if he made the game winner, and besides Williams bad call on the foul he had some good plays.

Also by the stats, each of them were positive plus and minus, and had over 10 points each. Also Billups had 5 assists and williams had 7.

Idk but i dont think they stink at all, plus its an all star game. During a real game theres a reason why they are both on teh USA team and why each of them are star studs for their respective clubs... Dont hate on Billups, hes a true leader. hes turned Denver into winners, hes won with Detroit. hes lead them by example and by words. Hes a playmaker but most of all hes a winner and hell do w.e it takes to win. Tehre both smart players with high IQ for the game

aZekuiS
02-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey, I never said they were bad players, I simply said they can't do what those other guys do and if they could, the West could have easily won even without Kobe in the game. That's a fact. Maybe I just have special eyes or something that allow me to actually WATCH the game and pay attention. You can't tell me that Billups doesn't go overboard sometimes. He makes one shot, and then he thinks he needs to automatically take the next 15. Tell me I'm wrong. You can't do it. And D Will did some of the same thing last night. Sorry, but if Nash or CP3 would have been out there, it would have been different. You can't tell me those other two are on their level...maybe as players they are, but as point guards.....IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE.:shrug:

um, did you not watch Billups single handidly beat CP3 and the Hornets in last year's first round? Billups has his team compete for a title every season. I can't believe i'm responding to a guy who's judging a players performance in an allstar game.

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 06:14 PM
He doesn't run the point period....he just brings it up the court and shoots it. That's why he bounced around the league so much. He's only good at one aspect of a point guards job. Now he's definitely good at what he knows how to do, I'll give him that. But he's nothing special.:shrug:

Baller1
02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Deron was probably the best fascilitator on the West last night.

Nice try.

$ NyC $
02-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Wow. That's freaking absurd bro. Billups is a great floor LEADER and knows when its time for him 2 score.

As for Williams, dude is one of the best in the game, def. top 3.

aZekuiS
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Go watch And1 streetball because you obviously you know nothing about the NBA. I guess it's just to complicated for some folks.:shrug:

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Boo Hoo....sorry to tell you that your boy Chauncey is a one dimentional player. Hey, he's a great scorer, no doubt about it. But he's not an elite POINT GUARD. Put Paul or Nash on Denver and they probably win the championship.:superman:

PistonsFan14
02-15-2010, 09:30 PM
is this guy serious? 1. it was an all star game. 2. Chauncey and Dwill didnt need to facilitate. They did great out there. Period.

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
it was the all star game.

you psycho. Billups is one of the best leaders in the game.

Pentagram
02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
The only reason Durant was given 20 minutes even though he was the most capable player playing the 2-guard is because Coach Karl didn't want him to get the MVP award if the West would have won. He played a lot better than Melo.

As for the guy who made the thread: You don't know much about D. Williams if you think he is crap at facilitating. You can make a case for Billups sucking it up, but he's about average.

ldc62
02-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Once again recruits shouldn't be allowed to make threads. BTW its an ASG... its unfair if 1 guy plays majority of the time. Also Nash told Karl to let Deron play seeing as how the kids from Dallas...

jimbobjarree
02-15-2010, 10:21 PM
pentagram, kudos on the hall of shame. Cant believe an nba mod on this site said that, just embarassing :facepalm: