PDA

View Full Version : Lebron and Wade on the same team - Does it appear it could work well?

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Just watching the allstar game tonight I don't believe that Lebron and Wade would be able to co exist on the same NBA team. These guys would not want to share the spotlight together.

Jays Claw
02-15-2010, 01:11 AM
True.

kntresistheheat
02-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Are you Kidding me:speechless: Those guys are the most unselfesh players in the league.

_KB24_
02-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Yeah, it would never work. Did you see Lebron at the end on the possession Williams fouled Wade. They both wanted to be the man in the final minute but only one could take it.

AntwanN21
02-15-2010, 01:15 AM
"we can dream" is what wade said abou playing with lebron when asked by a reporter. theres a live conference on nba.com if anyone wants to watch

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 01:16 AM
It could probably work for a couple of years like it did for Kobe and fatso, but eventually it would wear off.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Damn i saw it completely differently. Wade kinda let Lebron take all the big shots at the end. He let him like 3 times.

I think it could definitely work

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-15-2010, 01:20 AM
I would rather get JJ and Bosh then just Lebron anyways. Wade and Lebron would be nasty, but i'd rather JJ and Bosh. That would like the Celtics but better

dwadefan03
02-15-2010, 01:21 AM
Yeah, it would never work. Did you see Lebron at the end on the possession Williams fouled Wade. They both wanted to be the man in the final minute but only one could take it.

actually wade deffered to lebron the last couple of minutes it was just that williams made a mental error and happened to put wade on the line

dwadefan03
02-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Damn i saw it completely differently. Wade kinda let Lebron take all the big shots at the end. He let him like 3 times.

I think it could definitely work

ditto, he didnt even have a problem with it. and lebrons shots were just ugly out there in the later part of them game

Jonathan2323
02-15-2010, 01:22 AM
i dont know if it could work. They both want to be the man.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-15-2010, 01:23 AM
No.

They are both too good to be on the same team.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 01:23 AM
It's an all-star game. Everyone was kidding around. Nobody was trying, until the last 2 minutes. Even in the last 2 minutes, both of their true colors shined. Both wanted to be the go-to guy. If they were on the same team, they'd both want to be in the limelight. Superstars at their level can't really co-exist. Especially them two.

Jays Claw
02-15-2010, 01:24 AM
No.

They are both too good to be on the same team.

Agreed.

Romo2Bryant
02-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah I don't see it working it out... There just to competitive and want to countinue to be the #1 Guy.

But it would be cool to see Wade with Bosh and LeBron with Amare haha

EaglesJackson10
02-15-2010, 01:37 AM
How can you actually take anything away from the All Star game.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Wade's ego is much less than Lebron's. It would come down to how tolerant Wade can be for this to work. because Lebron wants the spotlight all day and night.. Wade just wants to win really badly.

RaysFan
02-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Yes, it could work. I don't think there is any real chance of it happening though. No way does LeBron go to Miami to play on "Wade's team" though.

momoneyyyy
02-15-2010, 01:48 AM
i dont think they would need to share the ball late in the game cus they will probably be up by double digits..

mlisica19
02-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Jordan can work with Pippen im pretty sure this could work as well. Its just on how much pple are going to sacrafice for the greater good. Win...

mlisica19
02-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Plus late in the game they gave the ball 2 Wade so he can take it up, then I think the plan was to give it to James.

Good call, James is a better scorer and Wade is a better playmaker...

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-15-2010, 01:54 AM
i dont think they would need to share the ball late in the game cus they will probably be up by double digits..

lmao true

LayZbone
02-15-2010, 02:02 AM
at this point in their careers, its tough to say. I think Wade would be more likely to defer to Lebron more often....especially as the years progress (Wade's older). But while they are both in their prime, I'm not sure.

Hoopsadvocate
02-15-2010, 02:05 AM
:eyebrow: What game were you watching they were both working so well together switching off between passing it to each other for alleys. Lebron even said in the post game how he has great chemistry with Wade,bosh,howard. And when asked about playing with wade he had no doubt they could work well together.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-15-2010, 02:07 AM
you would have to combine miami and cleveland because one of the fan bases will be elated and the other will be absolutely crushed and furious.

Public Enemy #1
02-15-2010, 02:21 AM
It couldn't work, both need the ball to dominate a game. They could play together but one of them would have to be a sidekick... haha

Master P
02-15-2010, 02:28 AM
the nba can't allow lebron and wade to play on the same team while in the prime of their careers. they are the two best young players in the nba. what would that do for creditability if one team was stacked like that?
another point against it would be taking away the thrill of watching those two play against each other...which no matter what people might say about how awesome watching team usa is...two great players are meant to be opponents, not team-mates against a bunch of jerk-offs.
keep the talent in the nba spread out. wade, lebron, kobe, bosh, durant, paul, these top level young players should never be on the same team together. and dont use boston as an example saying it's happened before...they were old as **** and got one title. and dont use the old chicago bulls either. pippen was not the second best player in the league...not even close. the team the bulls faced in the finals always had the leagues second best player. lakers: magic. portland: clyde. seattle: payton and kemp. pheonix: barkley. utah: malone.

LayZbone
02-15-2010, 02:34 AM
the nba can't allow lebron and wade to play on the same team while in the prime of their careers. they are the two best young players in the nba. what would that do for creditability if one team was stacked like that?
another point against it would be taking away the thrill of watching those two play against each other...which no matter what people might say about how awesome watching team usa is...two great players are meant to be opponents, not team-mates against a bunch of jerk-offs.
keep the talent in the nba spread out. wade, lebron, kobe, bosh, durant, paul, these top level young players should never be on the same team together. and dont use boston as an example saying it's happened before...they were old as **** and got one title. and dont use the old chicago bulls either. pippen was not the second best player in the league...not even close. the team the bulls faced in the finals always had the leagues second best player. lakers: magic. portland: clyde. seattle: payton and kemp. pheonix: barkley. utah: malone.

well of course from a neutral perspective, nobody wants this to happen...it'd be complete domination. But what are they gonna do? Barge in the room and tackle Lebron before he signs the contract...

Hawkeye15
02-15-2010, 02:34 AM
while I personally think they both have a need to dominate the ball too much, so it wouldn't, they also both want to win at all costs, so it would probably work fine.

Raph12
02-15-2010, 02:38 AM
I don't think so, they both need the ball in their hands to be effective.

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 02:48 AM
I don't know why so many people throw the accusation at them that both players need to be #1, when it's obviously not true. Both of them just want to win and have tremendous respect for one another. All you have to have done was watch Team USA in the Olympics to see how they handle playing with other great players.

Hugbees
02-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Not to say they can or cannot, but you don't make your judgment from an all-star game.

BallinGid3
02-15-2010, 03:57 AM
Well it looked like by the plays they made they could. But thats one game and its not a serious one . I mean say they both on the same team. and theres a gamewinning shot 2 made. They both ganna want 2 make it. And one is ganna get upset after awhile so i dont think it would . Plus its fun watching them play against each other.

WadeCounty
02-15-2010, 04:33 AM
they just can't, did you see the way lebron kept biting his lips when stern gave wade the trophy. In the possession wade was last fouled you can see lebron distancing himself to be open expecting the ball with his arms out expecting for wade to pass it as if he has to. Howard/bosh would be a perfect fit for wade

vash9
02-15-2010, 05:19 AM
It was an All-Star game....

JJ_JKidd
02-15-2010, 05:41 AM
They can.. For three quarters. In the 4th, dying seconds? Different story :speechless:

Big Zo
02-15-2010, 08:24 AM
It was a silly exhibition game. Besides, they looked good together in the silly exhibition games played by team USA.

Wade_County
02-15-2010, 12:11 PM
never gonna happen

kryptonate
02-15-2010, 12:18 PM
this would not work
in the big time sitiuation they would both demand the ball

MacFitz92
02-15-2010, 12:42 PM
I would rather get JJ and Bosh then just Lebron anyways. Wade and Lebron would be nasty, but i'd rather JJ and Bosh. That would like the Celtics but better

If by JJ you mean Joe Johnson, you are insane. There is no way the Heat land Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh as well as keep Wade. Trust me.