PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard: Shaq should rather mentor me " Shaq can have the superman nickname"

fairandbalanced
02-14-2010, 08:53 PM
In an unlikely twist, D Howard is the grown-up. Appearing on ESPN pre All-Star game, he said Shaq should mentor him rather than hate on him, he said " I am not trying to be like Shaq" " All this over a nickname" he (Shaq) "Can have the superman name if he wants it"

In the spirit of valentine, he also said " I need him" to show me how to win a championship:(

kobeonekenobe
02-14-2010, 08:59 PM
All this is doing is making shaq look an *** and dwight more professional. Damn shaq will soon be taking Glen Davis' nickname. Cuz he's acting like one like one

The more Shaq runs his mouth, the more respect he is loosing

fin_frenzy_84
02-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Dwight thats the real thing to do. Shaqs big *** needs to grow up man he is over sized baby...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7eDUSeNrI5E/R4QsoiG6WMI/AAAAAAAAAFo/J-RsCtpc5wk/s400/shaq-face.jpg

http://missouricolumns.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/dwight-howard-superman-dunk11.jpg

kobeonekenobe
02-14-2010, 09:00 PM
All this is doing is making shaq look an *** and dwight more professional. Damn shaq will soon be taking Glen Davis' nickname. Cuz he's acting like one

Raidaz4Life
02-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Dwight is the Bomb

fin_frenzy_84
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Shaq is just mad because he is washed up and Dwight is the best center in the league now...

Statik1
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Man the way Dwight put it out there I sorta feel for the guy now. What Shaq did was sorta ****ed up.

JNA17
02-14-2010, 09:09 PM
shaq looking like a complete douche right now.

nickster16301
02-14-2010, 09:09 PM
See i think shaq really likes dwight howard he just wants him to be more like shaq and play like shaq did when he was shaq's age. if you think about it when shaq was his age if he felt like he had to score thirty or fourty points in a certain game he went out and did it. howard isnt their yet and i think shaq is showing him some tough love until he proves it

td0tsfinest
02-14-2010, 09:10 PM
At least there's one grown up among the two.

sox04rR
02-14-2010, 09:21 PM
dwights the real deal.. looks like he is maturing which is good for the magic and bad for everyone else

KG2TB
02-14-2010, 09:25 PM
boo hoo...yeah...have shaq mentor Dwight so he could win a championship when the Cavs are in the thick of the championship hunt. It's a rivalry why would he ask for Shaq's help? C'mon. Dwight said the classy thing but I would have preferred to hear dwight say something like I couldn't care less what Shaq says, he's an all-time great who had his day, and I'm looking to win some chips just like he is. Dwight needs to develop a little angrier demeanor. It's great he's a nice guy and all but sometimes the politically correct thing to say or do is the worst thing you can do.

Fresno
02-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Shaq can say whatever he wants to say. Didnt Shaq call Dwight out last year, and Dwight once again cowered back into a corner and gave a "politically correct" answer to seem like the victim and Shaq the bad guy.

Dwight is nothing more than a watered down corny Shaq. Hes not funny, Hes not entertaining, and Hes not a polarizing figure in the NBA. The media has built up Dwight Howard as the "new Shaq" when he cant even hold a candle to Shaq in his prime as a player, and he cant even hold a candle to Shaq as a character off the court.

Dwight stole the "Superman" nickname from Shaq like nobody would notice. Dwight needs to be given an appropriate nickname like "Bizarro" aka Fake Superman.

KG2TB
02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Shaq can say whatever he wants to say. Didnt Shaq call Dwight out last year, and Dwight once again cowered back into a corner and gave a "politically correct" answer to seem like the victim and Shaq the bad guy.

Dwight is nothing more than a watered down corny Shaq. Hes not funny, Hes not entertaining, and Hes not a polarizing figure in the NBA. The media has built up Dwight Howard as the "new Shaq" when he cant even hold a candle to Shaq in his prime as a player, and he cant even hold a candle to Shaq as a character off the court.

Dwight stole the "Superman" nickname from Shaq like nobody would notice. Dwight needs to be given an appropriate nickname like "Bizarro" aka Fake Superman.

Can't say I disagree.

fin_frenzy_84
02-14-2010, 09:34 PM

Wow get off Shaqs nuts...

Fresno
02-14-2010, 09:42 PM
boo hoo...yeah...have shaq mentor Dwight so he could win a championship when the Cavs are in the thick of the championship hunt. It's a rivalry why would he ask for Shaq's help? C'mon. Dwight said the classy thing but I would have preferred to hear dwight say something like I couldn't care less what Shaq says, he's an all-time great who had his day, and I'm looking to win some chips just like he is. Dwight needs to develop a little angrier demeanor. It's great he's a nice guy and all but sometimes the politically correct thing to say or do is the worst thing you can do.
Agree 100%.

What happened to the actual NBA players who were memorable characters on and off the court? It seems like all of them were from the 90's, guys like Shaq, Rodman, Spreewell, AI, Sheed, Artest, KG, etc just thinking off the top of my head.

David Stern has gone to great lengths it seems to keep the young players from being themselves by giving out fines, setting up dress codes, etc. Then he wonders why nobody gives a **** about the NBA anymore.

You have a corny "good boy" like Dwight Howard being built up by the media as the "new Shaq". You have lame *** Kobe Bryant, who has 0 personality and is as interesting as gum on my shoe. You have guys like Durant, Roy, among others who are the present/future stars but neither guy is interesting or has a memorable character. Then you have the likes of Carmelo, Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Lopez, and a few others who are so far spaced out in their interviews and we all know each of them enjoy the marijuana.

Is Dancing LeBron all we have left?

Fresno
02-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow get off Shaqs nuts...

:laugh:

No problem. I respect Shaq way way more than Dwight Howard, nothing against Dwight but he hasnt done anything to be universally respected like Shaq has.

Dwight Howard is good. Thats it, there is nothing more to say about him.

fin_frenzy_84
02-14-2010, 09:47 PM
:laugh:

No problem. I respect Shaq way way more than Dwight Howard, nothing against Dwight but he hasnt done anything to be universally respected like Shaq has.

Dwight Howard is good. Thats it, there is nothing more to say about him.

I just dont agree with Shaq. Howard didnt start none of this and he is ending it and dont want to get in a heated exchange with shaq...

nygiants242
02-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Dwight: Class act.
Shaq: Has-been clown.

Nuff said.

Cromedome
02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Good for Shaq. He's the perhaps the best center of all time and there should only be 1 superman. I'm sorry, kids, but you all missed out on how great Shaq truly was.

24/7
02-14-2010, 09:56 PM
awwww poooor baby

Fresno
02-14-2010, 10:08 PM
I just dont agree with Shaq. Howard didnt start none of this and he is ending it and dont want to get in a heated exchange with shaq...

What heated exchange with Shaq? Dwight cant go back and forth with Shaq because it would just look stupid. Thats like someone like Brandon Roy in a back and forth with Jordan. You lose either way.

Shaq has called out everybody from Wilt to Ewing to Kwame.

The only big man in NBA History that Shaq respects is Hakeem, he considers Hakeem to be the greatest C in NBA History. Thats probably because Hakeem owned him in the Finals.

MTar786
02-14-2010, 10:10 PM

i agree too. he also does the whole Look at his left hand thing shaq does when he makes a left handed shot. he bought himself this trouble.

AddiX
02-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Even though Shaq was in the wrong for acting like a child hes 100% right.

Dwight is no where near what Shaq was in his day. It's not even close. People forget, Shaq in his day was the most dominating player of all time.

RadiantShot
02-14-2010, 10:46 PM
We can close this thread. The tremendous hate for Dwight, and the Shaq nuthuggers are getting annoying. Ill give Shaq his credit. He was the most dominant force in NBA history to play the center position, and Dwight can only get so close. But seriously though, we can look at the both of them, and tell that Shaq is an arrogant, cocky, washed-up, has-been. If Shaq had a better attitude, he'd be better than Dwight in every aspect, but just because he's running his mouth like a flaming ******, and he's 37 years old. Grow up Shaq. Props to Dwight for being the bigger-man about it. When it's all said and done, the thing I'll know Shaq for most, will be his cocky attitude, not even his gameplay.

kblo247
02-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Good for Shaq. He's the perhaps the best center of all time and there should only be 1 superman. I'm sorry, kids, but you all missed out on how great Shaq truly was.

And it is Shaq's fault that he didn't sustain that greatness.

He was the most dominant guy in the game but he stopped giving a **** full time after 02 and quit on his team.

Marc Stein said it best when he said the last team Shaq leaves on good terms with would be his first.

If he didn't smile for the cameras and go out of his way to make friends with the media, he would be considered every bit of a douche that people make KG out to be.

Look at Shaq's hit list:
- Left Orlando after getting into with the owner, coach, and Penny
- Got Van Exel, Eddie, and Campbell traded
- Had LA not pick up Horry's option in favor of bringing in his boys
- Blamed the 03 loss on Fisher in the press
- Embarrassed Buss in the preseason by yelling about his money in front of the press
- Called Phil Jackson Benedict Arnold
- How does my *** tastes
- Got SVG fired
- Quit on the Heat all together and was admittedly trying to get a buy out
- Went to Phoenix and when they lost in the playoffs he put the blame on Nash's head (Parker)
- Got Pringles fired
- Forced a trade out of town after missing the playoffs
- During the Finals he posted Love Child photos of Dwight/SVG

He is no saint and gets away with **** because he knows how to play nice with the media, and in this case Dwight is in the right.

I mean for ****s sake, Shaq has like 20 nicknames and Superman isn't even the one he has ever been most associated with (Diesel)

SteveNash
02-14-2010, 11:03 PM
We can close this thread. The tremendous hate for Dwight, and the Shaq nuthuggers are getting annoying. Ill give Shaq his credit. He was the most dominant force in NBA history to play the center position, and Dwight can only get so close. But seriously though, we can look at the both of them, and tell that Shaq is an arrogant, cocky, washed-up, has-been. If Shaq had a better attitude, he'd be better than Dwight in every aspect, but just because he's running his mouth like a flaming ******, and he's 37 years old. Grow up Shaq. Props to Dwight for being the bigger-man about it. When it's all said and done, the thing I'll know Shaq for most, will be his cocky attitude, not even his gameplay.

A washed-up has-been who can still school Dwight.

Hey Dwight, how bought you put in some work improving your game by watching Shaq play instead of crying about him not helping out a competitor.

elizur
02-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Dwight: *****.
Shaq: best of all time.

Nuff said.

nice

RadiantShot
02-14-2010, 11:22 PM
A washed-up has-been who can still school Dwight.

Hey Dwight, how bought you put in some work improving your game by watching Shaq play instead of crying about him not helping out a competitor.

Do you even watch basketball?
You must not have watched when Dwight Howard destroyed Shaq in the paint the other night in Cleveland. You must not have watched Dwight get 20 points off 9 FGA. Oh yeah, Shaq can still dominate him.

Go get a television.

Mrphilly
02-14-2010, 11:34 PM
**** Shaq, he is a fat bastard that has been bulldozing his way to the basket for years. All howard has to do is gain 150 lbs and he easily be the next Shaq. Howard is a better althlete, a better rebounder. If Howard learns how to talk **** about people, cry about his teammates, never improve his game beyond 4 ft. And play along side the greastest players in in the game, they will have the same Career. **** Shaq!!!

MAC10TIZZY
02-14-2010, 11:40 PM
You must not have watched when Dwight Howard destroyed Shaq in the paint the other night in Cleveland. You must not have watched Dwight get 20 points off 9 FGA. Oh yeah, Shaq can still dominate him.

Go get a television.

lol, not again radiant!! let it go , only time will tell....come on back to the magic forums, these forums get you to heated

KG2TB
02-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah it's so great Dwight is a goofy 'nice guy' He's gonna be a goofy nice guy without any rings until he gets mean and some swag.

RadiantShot
02-14-2010, 11:51 PM
**** Shaq, he is a fat bastard that has been bulldozing his way to the basket for years. All howard has to do is gain 150 lbs and he easily be the next Shaq. Howard is a better althlete, a better rebounder. If Howard learns how to talk **** about people, cry about his teammates, never improve his game beyond 4 ft. And play along side the greastest players in in the game, they will have the same Career. **** Shaq!!!

THIS
GUY
KNOWS
WHAT
HE'S
SAYING.

:clap:

RadiantShot
02-14-2010, 11:53 PM
lol, not again radiant!! let it go , only time will tell....come on back to the magic forums, these forums get you to heated

:)

Sorry. I love arguing, and I hate it. It's a funny thing.

Vinny642
02-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Dwight did the right thing.

CowboysKB24
02-14-2010, 11:56 PM

Your ridiculous, I disagree with you. Dwight is being mature not politically correct. If you think fighting back is a better idea than you just have some bad value and morales.

When you really think about Dwight is way closer to SuperMan than Shaq. If Dwight were to fight back he could easily make fun of Shaq for being fat, slow, old, can't jump, big fat baby.... while Dwight is fast, athletic, can jump, isn't old, isn't a big fat baby. When you really think about it.

RadiantShot
02-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Your ridiculous, I disagree with you. Dwight is being mature not politically correct. If you think fighting back is a better idea than you just have some bad value and morales.

When you really think about Dwight is way closer to SuperMan than Shaq. If Dwight were to fight back he could easily make fun of Shaq for being fat, slow, old, can't jump, big fat baby.... while Dwight is fast, athletic, can jump, isn't old, isn't a big fat baby. When you really think about it.

Agreed. 100%.

ldc62
02-15-2010, 12:03 AM
This might even anger the big Oaf some more.

RaptorsFanatic
02-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Smart move.

HoopsDrive
02-15-2010, 12:28 AM
This whole thing is pretty stupid. Just stfu and play basketball. People are going to remember them by their play not by their stupid nickname ffs

sargon21
02-15-2010, 01:08 AM
well the way dwight sounded on t.v he sounded like a p.ussy

SteveNash
02-15-2010, 01:10 AM

Go get a television.

What did Dwight do was up for grabs in the 4th? Got dominated by a has-been.

jetsforever
02-15-2010, 01:12 AM
And thats a lesson on how to make someone look like a complete ***.
Dwight made Shaq look moronic and childish. Good for him to be mature. Neither of them are Superman anyways.... probably should have thought of a better nickname anyways and not base it off a superhero. Lack of creativity :pity:

_KB24_
02-15-2010, 01:16 AM
Wow, c'mon Big Diesel......

fairandbalanced
02-15-2010, 01:19 AM
And thats a lesson on how to make someone look like a complete ***.
Dwight made Shaq look moronic and childish. Good for him to be mature. Neither of them are Superman anyways.... probably should have thought of a better nickname anyways and not base it off a superhero. Lack of creativity :pity:

Shaq's size helped him, Howard is doing a lot with that small frame. Shaq should be thankful for his size, if he wasn't that big, he won't be as dominant. He looked childish and selfish for always picking on younger players i.e Bosh and Howard, legends before him mentored the younger players, I didn't recall Hakeem mocking Shaq like he's doing to Howard.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 01:21 AM
What did Dwight do was up for grabs in the 4th? Got dominated by a has-been.

Okay.

A. I have no idea what you said.
B. If you're saying Dwight got dominated by a has-been, you didn't watch the game. Don't speak anymore.

Denver-boy
02-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Shaq needs his fan to rip on these haters.... dwight howard might of taken this too seriously shaq= never a serious man, just wants some laughs... obviously making conterversy because he thinks its funny.... lol relax dwight

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 01:30 AM
There's a difference between doing the mature thing and not having that mean streak that the great ones have. He could have easily just said Shaq can have the nickname, he's a great player, and I'm sure we'll meet them in the playoffs. Instead...HE ASKS FOR SHAQ'S HELP ON HOW TO WIN A CHAMPINSHIOP! Earth to Dwight...the big buy is on the Cavs...a team looking to win a title who you'll probably have to play. WHY WOULD YOU ASK FOR HIS HELP??? He came off like a ******....not mature. Get mean and get angry and stop goofing around and being 'mature' That's the only way you're gonna get respect. Not going 'the high road' by making Shaq look like an ***...we all know he's an ***...but that *** is the most dominant player ever with 4 rings....that's what he should be more concerned about. Not being 'mature'

ko8e24
02-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Dwight has been this type of guy since he stepped foot into the nba. A good natured-human being.

In fact....both Shaq and Dwight are actually good natured human beings. It's just that SHaq's life sux now with the whole divorce thing, and now, he's just found someone who he enjoys picking on and bullying. But we all know Shaq is one of the better guys in the NBA. I'm sure all of this will be water under the bridge by season's end.

WITZ
02-15-2010, 02:18 AM
Big ups to Dwight for being the bigger man.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 02:22 AM
There's a difference between doing the mature thing and not having that mean streak that the great ones have. He could have easily just said Shaq can have the nickname, he's a great player, and I'm sure we'll meet them in the playoffs. Instead...HE ASKS FOR SHAQ'S HELP ON HOW TO WIN A CHAMPINSHIOP! Earth to Dwight...the big buy is on the Cavs...a team looking to win a title who you'll probably have to play. WHY WOULD YOU ASK FOR HIS HELP??? He came off like a ******....not mature. Get mean and get angry and stop goofing around and being 'mature' That's the only way you're gonna get respect. Not going 'the high road' by making Shaq look like an ***...we all know he's an ***...but that *** is the most dominant player ever with 4 rings....that's what he should be more concerned about. Not being 'mature'

Couldn't disagree more. It's okay to be somewhat cocky, and confident, but not a *******. Why would Dwight say, "Okay, here you can have the name, you're a great player, uhm...I wanna suck your dickk, we'll meet up in the finals, and you'll beat my ***, you deserve the name."

Nawh. Chill. He was a class act about it.

If he would've done what you said, everyone would've thought Dwight was a softy. At least with this, we know Dwight's intentions are good.

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 02:38 AM
I agree with what some other people have said in here. Shaq is nowhere near the dominant force he used to be, and I think he sees Dwight as the best center in the league right now and is threatened by it. So, he resorts to bullying him.

Dwight has handled it well though. He has done nothing but show respect for one of the greatest players of all time, all the while simultaneously making Shaq look like an *** for being so childish. Sure the mentoring comment wasn't well thought out, but I've gained a lot of respect for Dwight over this whole situation and lost a lot for Shaq.

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 02:40 AM

All you have to do is read this thread and you'll see how wrong that statement is.

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 02:46 AM
It's not wrong at all. Not to me. I would rather have my franchise player stand up for himself and not ask for somebody's help THAT HE'S COMPETING AGAINST! Gimme a break. Dwight is a softy. Good guy...kinda guy you'd wanna have over for dinner but he needs to develop a mean streak

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Shaq was a douche from the start. He's just a guy that God blessed with a big body, nothing more. Dwight Howard is a great basketball player and sooner or later, he'll probably get a ring. He may be a nice guy who likes to joke alot, but on the court he doesn't screw around, he plays hard. Seriously....if I was Dwight, I'd punch Shaq right in his mouth for having such a big one, he just never can keep it shut. It was cute about 15 years ago when he was in "Blue Chips", but it's been pretty annoying and pathetic for the quite some time now. I say Dwight is Superman and Shaq is Superdouche.:superman:

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Couldn't disagree more. It's okay to be somewhat cocky, and confident, but not a *******. Why would Dwight say, "Okay, here you can have the name, you're a great player, uhm...I wanna suck your dickk, we'll meet up in the finals, and you'll beat my ***, you deserve the name."

Nawh. Chill. He was a class act about it.

If he would've done what you said, everyone would've thought Dwight was a softy. At least with this, we know Dwight's intentions are good.

WHere did I say any of that? In fact, I said the opposite. He should have been a bit more mean about it and not ASK FOR SHAQ'S HELP. He came off like a kid being bullied who wants to make peace before he gets his *** kicked. He said Shaq was a great player, that he could have the name, and then asked Shaq to mentor him. To me, that's coming off as a softy. I don't know what you're talking about or what you're reading

MAC10TIZZY
02-15-2010, 02:51 AM
All you have to do is read this thread and you'll see how wrong that statement is.

Ugh, you totally beat me to it!!!!

This dude cintadicts himself. " stop goofing around and being mature". Lol lol

Jahari Kavi
02-15-2010, 02:51 AM

my thoughts exactly.

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 02:54 AM
It's not wrong at all. Not to me. I would rather have my franchise player stand up for himself and not ask for somebody's help THAT HE'S COMPETING AGAINST! Gimme a break. Dwight is a softy. Good guy...kinda guy you'd wanna have over for dinner but he needs to develop a mean streak

I'm saying it's wrong to say he won't get any respect for doing this when a lot of people in this thread have said that they respect what he did. Maybe he didn't get respect from you personally, and that's fine, but other people respect someone who can be the better man.

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm saying it's wrong to say he won't get any respect for doing this when a lot of people in this thread have said that they respect what he did. Maybe he didn't get respect from you personally, and that's fine, but other people respect someone who can be the better man.

You're right about that brotha. Different strokes for different folks. He lost a lot of respect in my eyes. I remember last year during the finals SVG wanted Dwight to play angry and play a little mean. I have to side with his coach on this one.

fadedmario
02-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Shaq is just mad because he is washed up and Dwight is the best center in the league now...

I agree 100%

Shaq needs to retire

More nonsense from the Cavalier's camp

:superman:

Kianwe
02-15-2010, 03:02 AM
I think sometimes a man just has to pick his battles. If the beef is pointless, immature, and will just end in a pissing contest, then just let it go.

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 03:05 AM
You're right about that brotha. Different strokes for different folks. He lost a lot of respect in my eyes. I remember last year during the finals SVG wanted Dwight to play angry and play a little mean. I have to side with his coach on this one.

I agree 100% that he has to play angrier in games. I doubt he wins a championship if he doesn't.

Still, I was just happy to see him not jump into some media firestorm on account of Shaq. It's better for him and the Magic if he plays without those distractions.

Vinny642
02-15-2010, 03:08 AM
The media creates everything which is annoying and its bad because people follow it

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 03:09 AM
I agree 100% that he has to play angrier in games. I doubt he wins a championship if he doesn't.

Still, I was just happy to see him not jump into some media firestorm on account of Shaq. It's better for him and the Magic if he plays without those distractions.

That's fair. It's been good chattin and discussing. Way to be level headed. I agree with you for the most part. Stay smoov

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 03:11 AM
Dwight handled it like a MAN. That's the difference between him and Shaq. He can handle things in a classy way without being a total dick, Shaq is a guy that knows he's a clown so he feels like he always needs to get that last word in, that last laugh becuz he thinks he God. He's really become a joke. The last time anybody really respected him was when he was playing in Miami. Since then, he's become more and more of a fake person. He smiles when the cameras are on him, but he always manages to get in those jerkoff comments when he wants to stir something up. It's like when Van Gundy called him out for being a freaking flopper and he got defensive. He tried to spin it around and call out Van Gundys coaching. He flopped, end of discussion, he lost that battle before it even started. Who looked like the jerk in the end, Shaq or Van Gundy? Shaq looked like the fool becuz of his BIG MOUTH. And he has lost this one too. I'm gonna laugh my ***** off the next time they meet up and Dwight abuses him so bad that he fouls out in the first half. That's gonna be funny to watch. He's just a real jerkoff. Guys like David Robinson, Hakeem, Patrick Ewing, etc...didn't act like pricks that way, they weren't immature, they didn't screw with people just to be idiots. They let their play do the talking, something Shaq hasn't done in years. Sucks for him. He's gonna be the next version of Barkley. He'll be remembered on the court as a great player, but overall...he'll be remembered as a joke in life.:dance:

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 03:12 AM
That's fair. It's been good chattin and discussing. Way to be level headed. I agree with you for the most part. Stay smoov

You too. I'm not used to seeing posters who don't get all defensive, lol

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Dwight handled it like a MAN. That's the difference between him and Shaq. He can handle things in a classy way without being a total dick, Shaq is a guy that knows he's a clown so he feels like he always needs to get that last word in, that last laugh becuz he thinks he God. He's really become a joke. The last time anybody really respected him was when he was playing in Miami. Since then, he's become more and more of a fake person. He smiles when the cameras are on him, but he always manages to get in those jerkoff comments when he wants to stir something up. It's like when Van Gundy called him out for being a freaking flopper and he got defensive. He tried to spin it around and call out Van Gundys coaching. He flopped, end of discussion, he lost that battle before it even started. Who looked like the jerk in the end, Shaq or Van Gundy? Shaq looked like the fool becuz of his BIG MOUTH. And he has lost this one too. I'm gonna laugh my ***** off the next time they meet up and Dwight abuses him so bad that he fouls out in the first half. That's gonna be funny to watch. He's just a real jerkoff. Guys like David Robinson, Hakeem, Patrick Ewing, etc...didn't act like pricks that way, they weren't immature, they didn't screw with people just to be idiots. They let their play do the talking, something Shaq hasn't done in years. Sucks for him. He's gonna be the next version of Barkley. He'll be remembered on the court as a great player, but overall...he'll be remembered as a joke in life.:dance:

Can't say I disagree with this.
..I definitely agree! :)

montafan
02-15-2010, 03:19 AM
dwight howard is such a ***
all this natural ability and zero competitive nature
he is everything that is wrong with the nba

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 03:19 AM
You too. I'm not used to seeing posters who don't get all defensive, lol

Me either. I nearly had a heart attack :laugh2:

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 03:21 AM
dwight howard is such a ***
all this natural ability and zero competitive nature
he is everything that is wrong with the nba

That makes all the sense in the world.
You mean to tell me you can't be effective unless you're a complete ******* like Shaq or Sheed?

Think again.

Ray Allen?
Vince Carter?
Jason Kidd?
Hakeem?
Kareem?

You've got some studying to do.

JJ_JKidd
02-15-2010, 03:42 AM
All this is doing is making shaq look an *** and dwight more professional. Damn shaq will soon be taking Glen Davis' nickname. Cuz he's acting like one like one

Props to Dwight :clap:

Sadds The Gr8
02-15-2010, 03:45 AM
I like what Dwight said except the "Help me win a Championship" part. This part made him seem a little like a pusc. Why would Shaq help you if he's on a rival team? Maybe if Shaq was on a retired, or on a bad team, and had nothing else to look forward to, I'd understand, Dwight sayin that made no sense.

soonabooma
02-15-2010, 03:46 AM
I agree. Dwight is as competitive as any guy in the league. He's just willing to be a little extra goofy sometimes. On the court, he's a freaking animal. He's got twice as much natural talent as Shaq ever had. I think Shaq knows it so he feels like he has to stir up some crap and then hide behind his rings. I've got news for Shaq. Some of the greatest players to ever play the game never won a single championship ring. Winning those rings has just as much to do with God blessing you as it does you being a good player. That goes for all sports. That's just a little something for that big douchebag to remember whenever he feels the need to call somebody out just becuz he has those rings and they don't. If I'm Dwight, I'm laughing very hard at this big dickweed and thanking God for at least giving me real basketball talent instead of just a big body. Damn! I'm on a roll, I'm having fun with this.:rimshot:

Sadds The Gr8
02-15-2010, 03:51 AM
I agree. Dwight is as competitive as any guy in the league. He's just willing to be a little extra goofy sometimes. On the court, he's a freaking animal. He's got twice as much natural talent as Shaq ever had. I think Shaq knows it so he feels like he has to stir up some crap and then hide behind his rings. I've got news for Shaq. Some of the greatest players to ever play the game never won a single championship ring. Winning those rings has just as much to do with God blessing you as it does you being a good player. That goes for all sports. That's just a little something for that big douchebag to remember whenever he feels the need to call somebody out just becuz he has those rings and they don't. If I'm Dwight, I'm laughing very hard at this big dickweed and thanking God for at least giving me real basketball talent instead of just a big body. Damn! I'm on a roll, I'm having fun with this.:rimshot:

lol? Prime Shaq can do anything Dwight can do, except the Stylish dunks...You say that as if Dwight is a post move master like Duncan or KG.

fadedmario
02-15-2010, 03:53 AM
I'm a Detroit fan and I hate the Magic. But even I'm saying give Dwight Howard a break. Shaq is washed up and not getting as much publicity as he used too. He probably started this to get some attention during the all-star break because he didn't even make the team. Lebron may own the Magic in the playoffs this year, but Dwight Howard WILL get the best of Shaq. I guarantee it. Have you ever messed up saying something to someone?? Dwight was taking the high road. Shaq's time has passed. Deal with it.

BaustinSali08
02-15-2010, 03:58 AM
Agree 100%.

What happened to the actual NBA players who were memorable characters on and off the court? It seems like all of them were from the 90's, guys like Shaq, Rodman, Spreewell, AI, Sheed, Artest, KG, etc just thinking off the top of my head.

David Stern has gone to great lengths it seems to keep the young players from being themselves by giving out fines, setting up dress codes, etc. Then he wonders why nobody gives a **** about the NBA anymore.

You have a corny "good boy" like Dwight Howard being built up by the media as the "new Shaq". You have lame *** Kobe Bryant, who has 0 personality and is as interesting as gum on my shoe. You have guys like Durant, Roy, among others who are the present/future stars but neither guy is interesting or has a memorable character. Then you have the likes of Carmelo, Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Lopez, and a few others who are so far spaced out in their interviews and we all know each of them enjoy the marijuana.

Is Dancing LeBron all we have left?

People who choke their coach, dress up in a wedding dress, kick camera men, punch fans, tell their team they don't get paid enough to feed their family, etc...(off the top of my head), should not be allowed to play a sport for millions of dollars when other people in the league work hard to promote the NBA as a respectable league. If you want to see "memorable" characters watch the WWE.

fadedmario
02-15-2010, 04:02 AM
People who choke their coach, dress up in a wedding dress, kick camera men, punch fans, tell their team they don't get paid enough to feed their family, etc...(off the top of my head), should not be allowed to play a sport for millions of dollars when other people in the league work hard to promote the NBA as a respectable league. If you want to see "memorable" characters watch the WWE.

:clap::clap:

fadedmario
02-15-2010, 04:11 AM
Shaq reminds me of Charles Barkley. Not 1990 Charles, 2010 Charles. Shaq is becoming a joke. At least Dwight don't shoot free throws like he is mentally handicapped. Everyone always says Kobe and Dwayne could have never won rings without Shaq. Did you ever stop and think maybe Shaq wouldn't have won his rings without Kobe and Dwayne. Isn't Shaq a cop now? Maybe he should quit playing ball and start his life as a pig.

:guns:

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 04:39 AM

LMFAO.
Case closed.
Haha.

vash9
02-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Dwight Howard = Win.

FOBolous
02-15-2010, 05:22 AM

hey you're back! done with your chores? let's go back to talking about how much Yao owns Dwight shall we? :D

Dwight Howard = overrated. When Yao's healthy...he's the best center in the NBA. He's so good...he DESTROYS and HUMILIATES dwight howard every time they play against each other. Even Shaq is humbled when he plays against Yao. Dwight Howard, on the other hand, gets called out by Shaq and outplayed by Pau Gasol. for all the talk about Yao being "soft" and dwight being "tough"...it's clear that Yao's the player that instills fear in his opponent's heart, not Dwight.

SirCalvin81
02-15-2010, 07:31 AM
wow who gives a damn

Anon
02-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Shaq's insecurity about Dwight is ridiculous.

masalex1205
02-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I wish Dwight would grow some balls and say something like, "Shaq may have been superman before, but there is a reason that Shaq didn't make the all-star game and Im starting"

Double_R
02-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Once again Shaq is struggling with being the forgotten one.
Shaq has never been called superman, just because he puts the S symbol on alll his stuff that he has to split up among him and his wife doesn't mean that was his nickname... I think shaq is just pissed because he always wanted to be called superman and it never caught on.

And to the guy that claimed Yao so hard, Yao is better offensively, but sorry buddy but he rides the bench right now so... and Yao is softer than Egyptian cotton. he has been dunked on, pushed around, and bullied since the day he walked on the court. Dwight makes offenses change their game, makes players scared to come to the hole and Yao makes highlight reels by getting blocked by a baby man in Nate Robinson.

Double_R
02-15-2010, 10:25 AM
I wish Dwight would grow some balls and say something like, "Shaq may have been superman before, but there is a reason that Shaq didn't make the all-star game and Im starting"

I agree Dwight should be more assertive in his defense, but he is just trying to show a little respect to the old ones, plus I don't think that he wants to provide Shaq anymore of the spotlight that Shaq is longing for.

rapjuicer06
02-15-2010, 11:01 AM
like i've said in the other dwight howard hate thread...if dwight got 20 shot attempts a game like shaq did in his prime, dwight would be around 24-28 points a game. dwight has a team that shoots three's up the *** and a coach who won't give dwight the ball, so dwight only gets 10 shot attempts a game...he has demanded the ball and got **** on for it bcause he went to the media...but shaq goes to the media about everything, but people think shaqs funny for it. its just ridiculous how much hate there actually is for dwight...i mean he's the most athletic big man to ever play the game, he's maturing at a slower on the offensive end because he never gets the ball...but on defense everyone rely's on him and he delivers, and with rebounding, he delivers...now if they'd count on him on offense, i'd say he'd deliver there as well

rapjuicer06
02-15-2010, 11:04 AM
and to the people saying it was stupid for dwight to ask shaq to mentor him...why wasn't it stupid when jordan was giving tips and pointers to kobe??? i mean why has no one pointed that out? why didn't jordan ever say kobe is a poser, kobe sucks, kobe isnt the next MJ...i mean how many people have been compared to MJ and he hasn't *****ed or **** on any of those players compared to him....its just a bunch of ********

rand3h
02-15-2010, 11:14 AM

you probably think Blue Chips deserved an Academy Award for Best Film too.

Double_R
02-15-2010, 11:52 AM
you probably think Blue Chips deserved an Academy Award for Best Film too.

hahahahhahaham

Let's not forget Kazaam

jetsforever
02-15-2010, 12:01 PM

Agreed. There is a difference between having character and being *******.

Howard knew how to act like a bigger and smarter man. He made Shaq look like a fool. Shaq needs to find a new person to argue with. He keeps looking like a hopeless man, trying to hang onto something from the past.

DaBUU
02-15-2010, 12:04 PM

This more so than the stupid nickname

Fresno
02-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I got through the 4th page and realized that there are so many people who dont remember prime Shaq playing because of how young they are.

Kakaroach
02-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I agree with Dwight, don't cry over a nickname.

If Shaq did help Dwight though and he learned some of Shaq's post moves he could improve immensely.

rapjuicer06
02-15-2010, 02:01 PM

If Shaq did help Dwight though and he learned some of Shaq's post moves he could improve immensely.

he already has shaq's post moves...he just needs shaqs left *** cheek so he can put on 50 pounds and bull guys over

Storch
02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
:laugh2: funny how things work out sometimes

Fresno
02-15-2010, 02:09 PM
he already has shaq's post moves...he just needs shaqs left *** cheek so he can put on 50 pounds and bull guys over

What?

:facepalm:

Dude you could atleast go on Youtube and see a video of how dominant prime Shaq once was, Dwight has 0 post moves to use, Shaq didnt start bulldozing people until he got out of shape in LA during the 98' season. Dwight has nothing more than an average/ineffective running hook that he learned from Ewing.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 02:12 PM

Why would Shaq help teach Dwight?

You didnt see Jordan in his spare time flying to LA to help teach a young Kobe some of his moves. I dont remember Isiah helping teach Chris Paul.

Dwight's comment was stupid. "Dont criticize me, help me get better"? He has a ****ing legend at C in Patrick Ewing and he still hasnt gotten better in the last 3 years.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 02:15 PM

I agree however the NBA is losing popularity, Stern expects the league to lose $400M this season. I think thats a direct result of the lack of polarizing figures in the NBA, there are few players in the NBA that interest the casual fan. The NBA isnt even viewed as a respectable league, thats probably because of the image of most of the players who play in the NBA.

The NBA right now is nowhere near where it once was in the 90's. That cant be argued, its fallen far behind the NFL and MLB.

runforrestrunx9
02-15-2010, 02:24 PM

no love for dwight i see

runforrestrunx9
02-15-2010, 02:25 PM

You didnt see Jordan in his spare time flying to LA to help teach a young Kobe some of his moves. I dont remember Isiah helping teach Chris Paul.

Dwight's comment was stupid. "Dont criticize me, help me get better"? He has a ****ing legend at C in Patrick Ewing and he still hasnt gotten better in the last 3 years.

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 02:27 PM
^ ha, you beat me to it

Double_R
02-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Fresno,

You are such a hater, Yea Shaq in is prime was better than Dwight, but that is not what the thread is about, the bottom line of this thread is that Shaq was never nicknamed superman, he put the stupid logo on all his stuff, but nobody ever called him that... Do you ever think that maybe he is pissed because that is what he always wanted to be called and now that Dwight is called that, it makes him furious. Dwight didn't start calling himself that, he did it for the dunk contest and then everybody instantly started calling him that, because he did what Shaq could never do, FLY LIKE SUPERMAN

You don't give yourself nicknames, you earn them.

SHAQ IS THE PAST AND DWIGHT IS THE PRESENT GET OVER IT or
take Blue Chips out of the VHS player and put in Kazaam and keep reminiscing about the past.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 02:37 PM

Sounds like somebody didnt watch the 2009 NBA Finals. :laugh:

Im still trying to figure out why so many people try to lump Dwight into the talk of being a great all around player. He dunks, grabs boards, blocks shots. Thats great for the production he brings. Hes nothing unique in terms of his offensive skill set.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Fresno,

You are such a hater, Yea Shaq in is prime was better than Dwight, but that is not what the thread is about, the bottom line of this thread is that Shaq was never nicknamed superman, he put the stupid logo on all his stuff, but nobody ever called him that... Do you ever think that maybe he is pissed because that is what he always wanted to be called and now that Dwight is called that, it makes him furious. Dwight didn't start calling himself that, he did it for the dunk contest and then everybody instantly started calling him that, because he did what Shaq could never do, FLY LIKE SUPERMAN

You don't give yourself nicknames, you earn them.

SHAQ IS THE PAST AND DWIGHT IS THE PRESENT GET OVER IT or
take Blue Chips out of the VHS player and put in Kazaam and keep reminiscing about the past.

:rolleyes:

Dwight can give himself as many nicknames as he wants once he wins 4 NBA Titles, and is viewed as the most dominant post player in the NBA for an entire decade.

Not hating on Dwight at all. Hes good for what he brings to the table, but once again hes trying to be too much like Shaq.

Kakaroach
02-15-2010, 02:46 PM

Dwight's comment was stupid. "Dont criticize me, help me get better"? He has a ****ing legend at C in Patrick Ewing and he still hasnt gotten better in the last 3 years. I never said he should help him, but imagine if he did.

You make a good point about Ewing though, I'm surprised Howard hasn't excelled as much as Yao did under him.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Fresno, I'm going to make you an official 'Dwight Howard Hater' signature.
Nothing you've said has been productive thus far about the real conversation. The nickname. Stop hanging on to Shaq's nuts. He was a great player, and a horrible sportsman with a cocky attitude. Dwight will go down as a pretty good-great player, with a wonderful attitude, and a happy personality. That's more in my book. If you have anything to say that's relevant to the nickname topic, then please, share.

Double_R
02-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Fresno,

You and I both no that the only reason that Shaq is hating is because he is bitter that he is not in the spotlight and Dwight is better and more dominant than him. Shaq your nickname is "Diesel" in what ever form you prefer, I can't remember anyone ever calling you Superman. I am a Magic fan obviously, but I was going to games before Shaq got here and while Shaq was here and I can't remember him being called superman. Just because you get a tattoo or put a logo on your car, doesn't mean that is your nickname.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
I never said he should help him, but imagine if he did.
I cant imagine it because Shaq would never help anyone be like him unless he respects the player.

Shaq doesnt respect Dwight. Thats simple. Shaq has made comments praising guys like Brook Lopez and Al Jefferson in his post game interviews, so I could one day see Shaq helping one of those guys.

You make a good point about Ewing though, I'm surprised Howard hasn't excelled as much as Yao did under him.

Dwight still hasnt learned positioning on offense, he stays in the same area to collect dunks or putbacks. There is no art to his game, its very simple and he excels because hes one of the greatest athletes in the NBA.

Shaq once was a freak athlete, when he got overweight and lost his athleticism due to so much weight gain he was still able to dominate because of how skilled he was.

JackSplack
02-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Shaq's huge right? Bigger than anyone right? Shouldn't he have been leading the league in rebounding and shot blocking year after year? So let's see...Shaq isn't in the top 10 in rebounds per game or in total rebounds. Shaq isn't in the top ten in blocks per game or total blocks. Didn't Howard break Shaq's single quarter rebound record years ago as a young pup? In typical Shaq fashion, he focused on scoring and only scoring because it's the popular stat, even when he he plays with guys who will go down as some of the greatest scorers in the game. Sure he has four titles, but with his size and skill he should have much more. If Jordan only won four he wouldn't have been living up to his potential, much like Shaq, who turns it "on" when he claims it counts.

Shaq says Howard has no "real bigman" competition like he did. I guess he forgot how when he faced a "real bigman" in the finals against Houston he was swept like trash under a rug.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Fresno,

You and I both no that the only reason that Shaq is hating is because he is bitter that he is not in the spotlight and Dwight is better and more dominant than him. Shaq your nickname is "Diesel" in what ever form you prefer, I can't remember anyone ever calling you Superman. I am a Magic fan obviously, but I was going to games before Shaq got here and while Shaq was here and I can't remember him being called superman. Just because you get a tattoo or put a logo on your car, doesn't mean that is your nickname.
I dont think Shaq is bitter at all, he does this every year where he starts calling out guys in the NBA or past players. He called out both Dwight and Bosh last year around this time.

Dwight is better than Shaq is noq, I wouldnt want say Dwight is a dominant player because he isn't.

Shaq has many nicknames but he was the first one with the Superman gimmick from the tattoo to having a Superman logo on his bed, to starring in a movie as basically a black superman character, etc. He was doing all of this while Dwight was a small scrawny kid in 5th or 6th grade watching Shaq on TV.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Shaq's huge right? Bigger than anyone right? Shouldn't he have been leading the league in rebounding and shot blocking year after year? So let's see...Shaq isn't in the top 10 in rebounds per game or in total rebounds. Shaq isn't in the top ten in blocks per game or total blocks.
Is this a joke? Shaq is closing in on 40 and plays limited minutes to keep him from breaking down towards the Playoff run. Shaq only plays about 20 MPG.

Shaq is in the Top 15 in Rebounds All Time
Shaq is in the Top 10 in Blocks All Time

Do you know why Shaq isnt viewed as a great rebounder, because he spent most of his career receiving the ball in the low post to score rather than collecting missed shots by his teammates.

Didn't Howard break Shaq's single quarter rebound record years ago as a young pup?
Dwight is a great rebounder.

In typical Shaq fashion, he focused on scoring and only scoring because it's the popular stat, even when he he plays with guys who will go down as some of the greatest scorers in the game. Sure he has four titles, but with his size and skill he should have much more. If Jordan only won four he wouldn't have been living up to his potential, much like Shaq, who turns it "on" when he claims it counts.

Shaq won 3 straight NBA Titles as the Finals MVP. Have fun looking up who else was able to do that. We all know his name.

The reason why Shaq didnt win 6-10 NBA Championships is because Shaq's prime was in the Jordan era. He won his titles post-Jordan era.

Shaq says Howard has no "real bigman" competition like he did. I guess he forgot how when he faced a "real bigman" in the finals against Houston he was swept like trash under a rug.

Shaq considers Hakeem to be the greatest C of All-Time. Shaq is 100% right that Dwight has 0 big man competition.

Shaq faced off against Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem, Mourning, Smits, Mutumbo, Kemp, etc. We're talking 5 current/future NBA Hall of Famers.

Who is Dwight facing in the NBA?

rapjuicer06
02-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Is this a joke? Shaq is closing in on 40 and plays limited minutes to keep him from breaking down towards the Playoff run. Shaq only plays about 20 MPG.

Shaq is in the Top 15 in Rebounds All Time
Shaq is in the Top 10 in Blocks All Time

Do you know why Shaq isnt viewed as a great rebounder, because he spent most of his career receiving the ball in the low post to score rather than collecting missed shots by his teammates.

Dwight is a great rebounder.

Shaq won 3 straight NBA Titles as the Finals MVP. Have fun looking up who else was able to do that. We all know his name.

The reason why Shaq didnt win 6-10 NBA Championships is because Shaq's prime was in the Jordan era. He won his titles post-Jordan era.

Shaq considers Hakeem to be the greatest C of All-Time. Shaq is 100% right that Dwight has 0 big man competition.

Shaq faced off against Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem, Mourning, Smits, Mutumbo, Kemp, etc. We're talking 5 current/future NBA Hall of Famers.

Who is Dwight facing in the NBA?

aren't you the one who said shaq praised al jeff and brooke lopez? so do they not count against dwight? ok you see the names that you just named? ewing, robinson, hakeem, mourning, smits(lol) mutumbo(lol) kemp....NONE of them were within 50 pounds of shaq. none of them. shaq was a new kind of center out of all those. they could all shoot, shaq could not shoot. shaq put everyone on his *** and back everyone to the rim and then did a 4 foot layup, hook shot, or dunked. how in the hell is a 250 lb guy supposed to stop a 325 lb guy from backing up? you don't....so thats why shaq dominated...because he outweighed everyone in the league. he was big and fat, and powerful. post moves don't mean anything when you don't have to use them. backing someone down, then taking a drop step isn't exactly phenomenal post moves...

and if shaq is going to say howard has 0 post moves then why has he schooled shaq everytime he goes against him? i mean does that even make sense? he made shaq flop like the donky dick he is....shaq is a POS

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Fresno...

You make too much sense for this forum. It's clear that some of us here see things for what they are and others are getting all touchy and defensive about Dwight because he can't stand up for himself and came off looking like a grade school panzy. It's obvious the issue isn't who the better player is because Shaq in his prime owns Dwight every which way. The issue is the way Dwight handled the situation...either you admire guys who back down with no fire in them who would rather be goof balls and be the face of 'the nice NBA players' or you admire guys with competitive spirit, a mean streak, and say what's really on their mind. Do you guys really think Dwight really wants Shaq to mentor him and help him? Or do you think Dwight is a little angry and annoyed by all the questions he's getting now and the comments shaq made? I'd hope he's a little angry about it. But he comes off like aw schucks...I never got into it with shaq, I didn't start it...I need him to help me. PA-THETIC. Say what's on your mind Dwight. And if you really want Shaq to be your friend and mentor you....a guy that's on a rival team who you'll be competing against on the way to he finals...you're a freakin ******. I'm with you all the way on this one Fresno. If people can't see it for what it is that's on them.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 03:56 PM
aren't you the one who said shaq praised al jeff and brooke lopez? so do they not count against dwight?

No, considering none of these guys is viewed as an Elite Center in the NBA. Neither of those 2 guys are proven players in the NBA, what I posted were 5 guys in or going to the HOF and 2 guys in Kemp & Smits who were great big men that Shaq played against. Kemp is listed as a PF but played C most of the game.

You can even add in Sabonis considering how good he was despite coming to the NBA so late.

Dwight's competition is Yao. Thats it. The C position is no longer what it once used to be.

ok you see the names that you just named? ewing, robinson, hakeem, mourning, smits(lol) mutumbo(lol) kemp....NONE of them were within 50 pounds of shaq. none of them. shaq was a new kind of center out of all those.
What does that have to do with anything? Eddy Curry & Jerome James weigh more than Shaq and still suck. Weighing more than everybody doesn't give you an advantage unless you are skilled and know how to use it as one.

they could all shoot, shaq could not shoot. shaq put everyone on his *** and back everyone to the rim and then did a 4 foot layup, hook shot, or dunked. how in the hell is a 250 lb guy supposed to stop a 325 lb guy from backing up? you don't....so thats why shaq dominated...because he outweighed everyone in the league. he was big and fat, and powerful. post moves don't mean anything when you don't have to use them. backing someone down, then taking a drop step isn't exactly phenomenal post moves...
Im done here, you dont know anything about basketball.

How old are you? If you're older than 20 then I am ashamed of you for post such dumb ****.

Yeah a drop step isnt a phenomenal post move...:rolleyes: Watch a basketball game and see how many players have post moves, its very few. See how many players have quick feet or are agile in the post, see how many players can utilize their body side to their advantage. See how many players can go to their right or their left hand to score in the post.

and if shaq is going to say howard has 0 post moves then why has he schooled shaq everytime he goes against him? i mean does that even make sense? he made shaq flop like the donky dick he is....shaq is a POS

Once again, Dwight is 24. Shaq is 13 years older than him, and can only hang with Dwight for so long. Dwight is better than Shaq at this point, however that doesn't mean anything since Dwight at 24 doesn't even compare to Shaq's dominance at 24.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Fresno...

You make too much sense for this forum. It's clear that some of us here see things for what they are and others are getting all touchy and defensive about Dwight because he can't stand up for himself and came off looking like a grade school panzy. It's obvious the issue isn't who the better player is because Shaq in his prime owns Dwight every which way. The issue is the way Dwight handled the situation...either you admire guys who back down with no fire in them who would rather be goof balls and be the face of 'the nice NBA players' or you admire guys with competitive spirit, a mean streak, and say what's really on their mind. Do you guys really think Dwight really wants Shaq to mentor him and help him? Or do you think Dwight is a little angry and annoyed by all the questions he's getting now and the comments shaq made? I'd hope he's a little angry about it. But he comes off like aw schucks...I never got into it with shaq, I didn't start it...I need him to help me. PA-THETIC. Say what's on your mind Dwight. And if you really want Shaq to be your friend and mentor you....a guy that's on a rival team who you'll be competing against on the way to he finals...you're a freakin ******. I'm with you all the way on this one Fresno. If people can't see it for what it is that's on them.

Its just a generation thing, there are guys who only see things one way and that way is what they know for right now. Dwight Howard is the greatest, and Shaq is just a washed up fat bitter bum. So therefore Dwight Howard >>>>>>>> Shaq for eternity.

I mean come on now Shaq has called out Wilt when he was alive saying how overrated he was playing the competition he played during his time.

Are people seriously watching Dwight play and using the present to judge the past. Am I the only person who watches basketball and understands the importance of post moves for a C.

Are people here so young that they dont remember Shaq pre-1998 when he got out of shape.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Fresno...

I admire someone mature enough to let a cocky basketball player look like the dumbass that he is.

That's not competition.

Competition isn't running your mouth at everyone who pisses you off.
Competition isn't "You aren't even close to Superman."
Competition isn't being a total douche bag to half of the league, and still getting away with it.

Competition :

Competition is a contest between individuals, groups, nations, animals, etc. for territory, a niche, or a location of resources... It arises whenever two or more parties strive for a goal which cannot be shared. Competition occurs naturally between living organisms which co-exist in the same environment. For example, animals compete over water supplies, food, and mates, etc. Humans compete for water, food, and mates, though when these needs are met deep rivalries often arise over the pursuit of wealth, prestige, and fame. Business is often associated with competition as most companies are in competition with at least one other firm over the same group of customers.

NOT, going off, running your mouth about someone who's not said 2 words to you, and making them feel bad that they got your name, because the fans preferred calling them that, instead of you.

Listen, we all know there's a difference between being a straight-up fagot, and having a competitive nature.

Shaq doesn't have a competitive nature, he's just naturally a fagot.

I don't know how you view competition, but how you view it is certainly wrong.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 04:16 PM
I admire someone mature enough to let a cocky basketball player look like the dumbass that he is.

That's not competition.

Competition isn't running your mouth at everyone who pisses you off.
Competition isn't "You aren't even close to Superman."
Competition isn't being a total douche bag to half of the league, and still getting away with it.

Competition :

Competition is a contest between individuals, groups, nations, animals, etc. for territory, a niche, or a location of resources... It arises whenever two or more parties strive for a goal which cannot be shared. Competition occurs naturally between living organisms which co-exist in the same environment. For example, animals compete over water supplies, food, and mates, etc. Humans compete for water, food, and mates, though when these needs are met deep rivalries often arise over the pursuit of wealth, prestige, and fame. Business is often associated with competition as most companies are in competition with at least one other firm over the same group of customers.

NOT, going off, running your mouth about someone who's not said 2 words to you, and making them feel bad that they got your name, because the fans preferred calling them that, instead of you.

Listen, we all know there's a difference between being a straight-up fagot, and having a competitive nature.

Shaq doesn't have a competitive nature, he's just naturally a fagot.

I don't know how you view competition, but how you view it is certainly wrong.

Oh here we go again.

You criticize a guy for calling another player names, yet you go ahead and call that player names? You're a Magic fan, You're biased, You dislike Shaq, so now that we know the facts why are you wasting your time in this thread?

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 04:18 PM
'Listen, we all know there's a difference between being a straight-up fagot, and having a competitive nature.

Shaq doesn't have a competitive nature, he's just naturally a fagot.'

Why would I even continue this discussion? 4 titles...no competitive nature. Makes sense...if you're lacking brain cells.
Never did I say Dwight needs to run his mouth...but I hope you'd be able to see and understand that ASKING FOR HELP FROM A CENTER ON YOUR RIVAL TEAM is kind of absurd. Can you see that? Yes, no, maybe so? You go on this rant about what competition is and then close your argument by saying shaq is a fagot with no competitive nature. Way to sell your arguments buddy. Horrible post

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 04:20 PM
'Listen, we all know there's a difference between being a straight-up fagot, and having a competitive nature.

Why would I even continue this discussion? 4 titles...no competitive nature. Makes sense...if you're lacking brain cells.
Never did I say Dwight needs to run his mouth...but I hope you'd be able to see and understand that ASKING FOR HELP FROM A CENTER ON YOUR RIVAL TEAM is kind of absurd. Can you see that? Yes, no, maybe so? You go on this rant about what competition is and then close your argument by saying shaq is a fagot with no competitive nature. Way to sell your arguments buddy. Horrible post

That's not what I meant.
Did you read the part where I was talking about him being a fagot?

There's a DIFFERENCE between him being competitive, and being a fagot.
Read slowly, catch my drift, maybe it'll catch up.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Oh here we go again.

You criticize a guy for calling another player names, yet you go ahead and call that player names? You're a Magic fan, You're biased, You dislike Shaq, so now that we know the facts why are you wasting your time in this thread?

I'm biased because I know when someone is a complete *******?

If Dwight would've said something back, I would've been madder at Dwight than Shaq, because he would've stooped to Shaq's level.

I prefer guys who are humbled, and won't talk trash back, even when they can easily embarrass the other guy.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm biased because I know when someone is a complete *******?

If Dwight would've said something back, I would've been madder at Dwight than Shaq, because he would've stooped to Shaq's level.

I prefer guys who are humbled, and won't talk trash back, even when they can easily embarrass the other guy.

Why are you still in this thread?

You're making no points. You're doing absolutely nothing but arguing with people who aren't Magic fans like you and dont hold a bias towards either player for fan purposes.

Nobody is disagreeing with your own opinion.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Why are you still in this thread?

You're making no points. You're doing absolutely nothing but arguing with people who aren't Magic fans like you and dont hold a bias towards either player for fan purposes.

Nobody is disagreeing with your own opinion.

I see you've given up.
That's all you can say?
Good job.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
I see you've given up.
That's all you can say?
Good job.

Given up what?

All I did was say that Shaq was the better player than Dwight when you compare the players based on their primes, Shaq played in the NBA where his competition were Elite HOF C's, and Dwight still lacks a good low post game with some post moves.

You sound mad that Shaq called out Dwight Howard, its not that serious.

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
That's not what I meant.
Did you read the part where I was talking about him being a fagot?

There's a DIFFERENCE between him being competitive, and being a fagot.
Read slowly, catch my drift, maybe it'll catch up.

Really? There's a difference between being competitive and being a fagot? Wow...years of insight there. Thank you for that. You're contributions to this thread are head and shoulders above the rest. You really made some innovative, intriguing points. Especially considering Shaq has always been known to be a fierce competitor and one of Dwights biggest knocks is that he needs to play more angrier and meaner to be effective...to me, that says Dwight is lacking in the competitive department. But that's just me...I don't know...I tend to use common sense as opposed to resorting to name calling as my main arguments.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Really? There's a difference between being competitive and being a fagot? Wow...years of insight there. Thank you for that. You're contributions to this thread are head and shoulders above the rest. You really made some innovative, intriguing points. Especially considering Shaq has always been known to be a fierce competitor and one of Dwights biggest knocks is that he needs to play more angrier and meaner to be effective...to me, that says Dwight is lacking in the competitive department. But that's just me...I don't know...I tend to use common sense as opposed to resorting to name calling as my main arguments.

You're talking to a brick wall. Hes a Magic fan, and a Dwight Howard fan.

Hes going to argue every single statement you have made simply because it goes against what he believes and knows.

Just back away and let the guy hear himself talk.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 04:32 PM

Yes, years of insight!
I also know how to type.
Maybe you should learn sometime.

Listen, we don't have to start beef on a forum, that's immature.
We may not see eye-to-eye on most of this discussion, but there's got to be some common-ground.

Listen, this is what I'm saying.

Shaq is the better player, Dwight won't get up to his level. He does need a few games with a competitive instinct, but he doesn't need to be a total *******.

Shaq was just a ******* with his comment, and in no way, do I think Dwight should have commented back differently.

I think him asking Shaq for help was intended for only good. He didn't mean, "Come take time off of your schedule from Cleveland, and help me out so I can beat you in the finals."

I even think he might have meant after Shaq is done with his career in the NBA, he should help Dwight out. That's what he meant.

Can you find any common ground between my posts, and yours?

I'm tired of this douche-bag mentality.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 04:34 PM
You're talking to a brick wall. Hes a Magic fan, and a Dwight Howard fan.

Hes going to argue every single statement you have made simply because it goes against what he believes and knows.

Just back away and let the guy hear himself talk.

Unlike KG, you only nut-hug Shaq.

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, years of insight!
I also know how to type.
Maybe you should learn sometime.

Listen, we don't have to start beef on a forum, that's immature.
We may not see eye-to-eye on most of this discussion, but there's got to be some common-ground.

Listen, this is what I'm saying.

Shaq is the better player, Dwight won't get up to his level. He does need a few games with a competitive instinct, but he doesn't need to be a total *******.

Shaq was just a ******* with his comment, and in no way, do I think Dwight should have commented back differently.

I think him asking Shaq for help was intended for only good. He didn't mean, "Come take time off of your schedule from Cleveland, and help me out so I can beat you in the finals."

I even think he might have meant after Shaq is done with his career in the NBA, he should help Dwight out. That's what he meant.

Can you find any common ground between my posts, and yours?

I'm tired of this douche-bag mentality.

:laugh2:

Yes...I see your points. I still don't really agree but yeah sure...there's common ground. Believe it or not, I share your same sentiments on the douche bag mentality. Maybe some day you could mentor me on how to type

rapjuicer06
02-15-2010, 04:35 PM
No, considering none of these guys is viewed as an Elite Center in the NBA. Neither of those 2 guys are proven players in the NBA, what I posted were 5 guys in or going to the HOF and 2 guys in Kemp & Smits who were great big men that Shaq played against. Kemp is listed as a PF but played C most of the game.

You can even add in Sabonis considering how good he was despite coming to the NBA so late.

Dwight's competition is Yao. Thats it. The C position is no longer what it once used to be.

What does that have to do with anything? Eddy Curry & Jerome James weigh more than Shaq and still suck. Weighing more than everybody doesn't give you an advantage unless you are skilled and know how to use it as one.

Im done here, you dont know anything about basketball.

How old are you? If you're older than 20 then I am ashamed of you for post such dumb ****.

Yeah a drop step isnt a phenomenal post move...:rolleyes: Watch a basketball game and see how many players have post moves, its very few. See how many players have quick feet or are agile in the post, see how many players can utilize their body side to their advantage. See how many players can go to their right or their left hand to score in the post.

Once again, Dwight is 24. Shaq is 13 years older than him, and can only hang with Dwight for so long. Dwight is better than Shaq at this point, however that doesn't mean anything since Dwight at 24 doesn't even compare to Shaq's dominance at 24.

heres some math for you ***** ***. if dwight got as many shot attempts as shaq here would be his numbers

9.4-16.5/5.2-8.6 ft/2.1 bpg/12.6 rpg/24ppg/35.8 mpg-howard
9.6-16.5/5.0-9.5 ft/2.3 bpg/11.1 rpg/24.2ppg/35.2 mpg-shaq

so looking at those numbers IF dwight got as many field goal attempts as shaq did, dwight would be IDENTICAL to shaq. except more rebounds a game...he'd probably end up with more points per game because he'd make more free throws than shaq. see what i'm saying is shaq and howard played on different teams. shaq in orlando was the go to guy. he wasn't surrounded by 4 three point shooters who jacked up shot after shot. shaq in LA ran the triangle under phil jackson and had the ball fed to him there as well. he had superstar in the making in kobe taking attention away from himself. (same as penny in orlando) now lets go to miami. shaq was aging here, didn't have great years, didn't get a lot of looks, but was still affective some what, but had dwayne wade with him. d-wade won that championship, not shaq. shaq didn't do a whole lot to win it. it was all wade. then shaq quits on the heat and is traded to the suns, where again he had steve nash and amare...shaq did nothing there. now shaq goes to cleveland where he has lebron james....do you see a pattern here? every where shaq has been he has had all world guards/lebron james. so how much of this is shaq, and how much of this is a team effort? how much focus did kobe take off of shaq? how much focus did penny take off shaq? how much focus did wade take off shaq? nash, and amare? and now lebron?

now lets take a look at dwight. since coming into the league what all world players has he been with?....an aging vince carter? how many attempts does dwight get a game? slightly less than 11...why is that? because he has a coach who doesn't get him the ball, he has a pg who is shoot first, he has three other guys other than that pg who do nothing but shoot. check out this stat....

vc-14.4 attempts a game
rashard lewis-11.9 attempts a game
jameer nelson-10.3 attempts a game
dwight howard-9.7 attempts a game

do you understand that? do you understand what type of team he plays on? do you understand what type of team shaq played on? obviously you don't. cuz if howard was getting 6 more field goal attempts a game he'd be scoring well over 20 points a game. he'd be the most dominant player in the game. obviously he has some kind of skill to be the 4th option on his team, and STILL LEAD HIS MOTHER ****ING TEAM IN SCORING! dwight this year is scoring 18 points per game on 10 shot attempts...he's shooting 60% on the season, if he gets 6 more shots he's going to make at least 3.7 of them which will add another 6 points to his scoring total which will lead to MORE FREE THROWS, WHICH MEANS MORE POINTS. so i'm actually a little ashamed of you for being such a moronic person for not understanding a damn thing. shaq and dwight would be identical in EVERY STATISTICAL CATEGORY if dwight played on the same type of teams shaq did......

JackSplack
02-15-2010, 04:36 PM
A good deal of this is because Dwight "stole" superman off of shaq. Superman, the most common name for a man who excels past those of regular men...Superman, an iconic character that is from the late '30's. Yeah, no athlete in the entire world between 1938-Shaq's birth was ever called Superman or compared to Superman or embraced the name Superman. Yeah, Shaq was the one and only, the first. If you believe that, then you probably think the original Madonna was some chick who sang "Holiday."

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 04:37 PM

Yes...I see your points. I still don't really agree but yeah sure...there's common ground. Believe it or not, I share your same sentiments on the douche bag mentality. Maybe some day you could mentor me on how to type

Okay good.
I didn't know if you were being sarcastic on the typing part, but, lmao.
:o

rapjuicer06
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM

if dwight howard had kobe, d-wade, or lebron james playing with him, he'd have about 4-5 nba titles too numb nuts

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Okay good.
I didn't know if you were being sarcastic on the typing part, but, lmao.
:o

It's all good. It's a forum. Not everyone is gonna see eye to eye.

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 04:41 PM

It's all good. It's a forum. Not everyone is gonna see eye to eye.

Yeah.
My bad about getting out-of-hand about it.
Just want Dwight to excel and reach his talent capability.
Tough seeing him not get up there with the Magic so far.

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 04:42 PM
if dwight howard had kobe, d-wade, or lebron james playing with him, he'd have about 4-5 nba titles too numb nuts

For your information, I have full feeling in my nuts. Also...if Dwight had LeBron, Kobe, or LBJ he might have some titles, but the difference is he wouldn't be the best player on the team. When Shaq won titles with the Lakers he was the best player on his team. See the difference? If you put a prime Shaq on the Magic who have a STACKED team...I'd bet money they'd have a title or two. Are you really trying to say Dwight is on Shaq's level? Either way...this is getting old. Have fun.

rapjuicer06
02-15-2010, 04:53 PM
For your information, I have full feeling in my nuts. Also...if Dwight had LeBron, Kobe, or LBJ he might have some titles, but the difference is he wouldn't be the best player on the team. When Shaq won titles with the Lakers he was the best player on his team. See the difference? If you put a prime Shaq on the Magic who have a STACKED team...I'd bet money they'd have a title or two. Are you really trying to say Dwight is on Shaq's level? Either way...this is getting old. Have fun.

your way wrong here...you put shaq on a team who shoots nothing but threes, stan van gundy as his head coach, you'd never would have seen shaq for he would have killed someone because he isn't a team player. when it comes to shaq, its all about one thing, shaq. was shaq the best player on his team? yea....if shaq in his prime was with lebron right now, shaq would not be the best player on his team. if shaq in his prime with d-wade right now or the past couple years, he would have not been the best player, same with kobe. ITS A GUARDS LEAGUE NOW, NOT A BIG MAN'S LEAGUE. the time has changed in the nba. shaq wouldn't be able to bully his way to the hoop cuz guys like pau gasol FLOP like crazy....offensive fouls are being called like crazy against big men now...shaq would be in foul trouble with in the first 5 min of a game taking him and his game out. he wouldn't be able to bully guys down IN THE GAME TODAY. he'd have to rely on beating the other man with a quick first step, or a running hook, two things shaq did not have as an elite part of his game...thats what i'm saying. shaq in his prime wouldn't of been able to have been the same player in the game now. if you can not admit that then your very foolish

KG2TB
02-15-2010, 05:04 PM
:horse:

Bausman
02-15-2010, 05:06 PM

Well said. To all you youngens that think Dwight is the next Shaq go download some old Shaq games and watch how dominant the REAL superman is.

Raph12
02-15-2010, 05:07 PM
your way wrong here...you put shaq on a team who shoots nothing but threes, stan van gundy as his head coach, you'd never would have seen shaq for he would have killed someone because he isn't a team player. when it comes to shaq, its all about one thing, shaq. was shaq the best player on his team? yea....if shaq in his prime was with lebron right now, shaq would not be the best player on his team. if shaq in his prime with d-wade right now or the past couple years, he would have not been the best player, same with kobe. ITS A GUARDS LEAGUE NOW, NOT A BIG MAN'S LEAGUE. the time has changed in the nba. shaq wouldn't be able to bully his way to the hoop cuz guys like pau gasol FLOP like crazy....offensive fouls are being called like crazy against big men now...shaq would be in foul trouble with in the first 5 min of a game taking him and his game out. he wouldn't be able to bully guys down IN THE GAME TODAY. he'd have to rely on beating the other man with a quick first step, or a running hook, two things shaq did not have as an elite part of his game...thats what i'm saying. shaq in his prime wouldn't of been able to have been the same player in the game now. if you can not admit that then your very foolish

This is probably one of the more intelligent posts in this thread, you guys don't have to get personal to win arguements.

This post was dead-on.

Bausman
02-15-2010, 05:13 PM

Now why do you think that is? Maybe because Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA and doesnt have HALF the skill that Shaq did. Shaq played against other GREAT centers like hakeen, robinson, ewing, and zo. The only one of those guys dwight is better than is maybe Zo. I think Dwight has the body like David Robinson... better defense but will NEVER score 72 points in a game.

Bausman
02-15-2010, 05:16 PM
This is probably one of the more intelligent posts in this thread, you guys don't have to get personal to win arguements.

This post was dead-on.

Are you kidding me? this must have been written by a 13 year old who never had the chance to watch shaq play before he got old. Shaq didnt have a quick forst step? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Pound for pound the only guy quicker was hakeem. I could rip that post all day that kid knows nothing about what he is talking about

rapjuicer06
02-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Now why do you think that is? Maybe because Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA and doesnt have HALF the skill that Shaq did. Shaq played against other GREAT centers like hakeen, robinson, ewing, and zo. The only one of those guys dwight is better than is maybe Zo. I think Dwight has the body like David Robinson... better defense but will NEVER score 72 points in a game.

what are you even talking about? i don't think it because dwight is the best center...i think it because of guys like lebron, kobe, d-wade, deron williams, cp3, rudy gay, brandon roy....all guard or sf's...its not a big mans game anymore...its just not. the refs don't call the games for big men to dominate...

rapjuicer06
02-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Are you kidding me? this must have been written by a 13 year old who never had the chance to watch shaq play before he got old. Shaq didnt have a quick forst step? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Pound for pound the only guy quicker was hakeem. I could rip that post all day that kid knows nothing about what he is talking about

hahaha pound for pound michael jordan wasn't quicker? pound for pound shaq was the quickest guy??? hahaha and your calling me a 13 year old??? hahahaha man...and pound for pound steve kerr was the strongest man in the nba....:rolleyes:

Bausman
02-15-2010, 05:25 PM

I guarentee anyone who agrees with this post is under the age of 25 or started watching basketball when shaq got his 4th ring. Please please please go back and watch some games. please. He woulda made dwight his *****.
And the offensive foul thing... thats how i know you never seen him play because he got called for offensive fouls just for pivoting.... thats how dominant he was. Just ask Chris Webber.

RaiderLakersA's
02-15-2010, 05:25 PM

This is not new. Shaq has always been this way. It shouldn't surprise anyone that's followed his career.

Bausman
02-15-2010, 05:27 PM
hahaha pound for pound michael jordan wasn't quicker? pound for pound shaq was the quickest guy??? hahaha and your calling me a 13 year old??? hahahaha man...and pound for pound steve kerr was the strongest man in the nba....:rolleyes:

Do you understand what pound for pound means?
It means compared to someone his size.
Ya... roll your eyes dumb ***. Give yourself a facepalm too.

RaiderLakersA's
02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
See i think shaq really likes dwight howard he just wants him to be more like shaq and play like shaq did when he was shaq's age. if you think about it when shaq was his age if he felt like he had to score thirty or fourty points in a certain game he went out and did it. howard isnt their yet and i think shaq is showing him some tough love until he proves it

Wow, that was deep...but a reach. Shaq picks fights with everyone. That's his classic MO. And he's been needling D-Ho ever since he came into the league and received praise as one of the best centers...all on Shaq's watch. The Big Ego was offended, so naturally, he's going to take his shots.

Sadly, D-Ho needs to stop being such an amiable class clown, get mad, improve his game and start annihilating people. Make them forget that Shaq is even in the league.

It's not like Superman was the most powerful hero in comic books anyway...

RadiantShot
02-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Okay guys. Let's just stop posting on this thread. Things are getting out of hand, and almost everyone is acting immature. Just put aside differences, and stop posting.

Fresno
02-15-2010, 07:16 PM
heres some math for you ***** ***. if dwight got as many shot attempts as shaq here would be his numbers

9.4-16.5/5.2-8.6 ft/2.1 bpg/12.6 rpg/24ppg/35.8 mpg-howard
9.6-16.5/5.0-9.5 ft/2.3 bpg/11.1 rpg/24.2ppg/35.2 mpg-shaq

so looking at those numbers IF dwight got as many field goal attempts as shaq did, dwight would be IDENTICAL to shaq. except more rebounds a game...he'd probably end up with more points per game because he'd make more free throws than shaq. see what i'm saying is shaq and howard played on different teams. shaq in orlando was the go to guy. he wasn't surrounded by 4 three point shooters who jacked up shot after shot. shaq in LA ran the triangle under phil jackson and had the ball fed to him there as well. he had superstar in the making in kobe taking attention away from himself. (same as penny in orlando) now lets go to miami. shaq was aging here, didn't have great years, didn't get a lot of looks, but was still affective some what, but had dwayne wade with him. d-wade won that championship, not shaq. shaq didn't do a whole lot to win it. it was all wade. then shaq quits on the heat and is traded to the suns, where again he had steve nash and amare...shaq did nothing there. now shaq goes to cleveland where he has lebron james....do you see a pattern here? every where shaq has been he has had all world guards/lebron james. so how much of this is shaq, and how much of this is a team effort? how much focus did kobe take off of shaq? how much focus did penny take off shaq? how much focus did wade take off shaq? nash, and amare? and now lebron?

now lets take a look at dwight. since coming into the league what all world players has he been with?....an aging vince carter? how many attempts does dwight get a game? slightly less than 11...why is that? because he has a coach who doesn't get him the ball, he has a pg who is shoot first, he has three other guys other than that pg who do nothing but shoot. check out this stat....

vc-14.4 attempts a game
rashard lewis-11.9 attempts a game
jameer nelson-10.3 attempts a game
dwight howard-9.7 attempts a game

do you understand that? do you understand what type of team he plays on? do you understand what type of team shaq played on? obviously you don't. cuz if howard was getting 6 more field goal attempts a game he'd be scoring well over 20 points a game. he'd be the most dominant player in the game. obviously he has some kind of skill to be the 4th option on his team, and STILL LEAD HIS MOTHER ****ING TEAM IN SCORING! dwight this year is scoring 18 points per game on 10 shot attempts...he's shooting 60% on the season, if he gets 6 more shots he's going to make at least 3.7 of them which will add another 6 points to his scoring total which will lead to MORE FREE THROWS, WHICH MEANS MORE POINTS. so i'm actually a little ashamed of you for being such a moronic person for not understanding a damn thing. shaq and dwight would be identical in EVERY STATISTICAL CATEGORY if dwight played on the same type of teams shaq did......

http://www.wickedsunshine.com/WagePeace/Election2004/Images/AwJeez,NotThisShitAgain!.jpg

Fresno
02-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Okay guys. Let's just stop posting on this thread. Things are getting out of hand, and almost everyone is acting immature. Just put aside differences, and stop posting.

This is going to get closed once one of the mods see this thread.

Things we still know:

Shaq in his prime was a better overall player than Dwight Howard
Shaq won 3 NBA Titles as the Finals MVP
Dwight Howard has 0 NBA Titles or Finals MVP's
Dwight Howard needs to work on his post moves and maybe even learn how to take his shot out to 15 feet like Ewing did.

JLynn943
02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Do you understand what pound for pound means?
It means compared to someone his size.
Ya... roll your eyes dumb ***. Give yourself a facepalm too.

...You're using pound for pound in the wrong way.

Let me explain. Say you have two guys. Both are the same height, and move at the same speed (for the sake of argument lets go with 10 mph). However, one guy weighs 170 pounds and the other weighs 230 pounds. To find out who is quicker pound-for-pound, you would need to divide their speed by their weight so that you would find their speed per pound. Whoever has the higher speed per pound (in this case since the only thing different is weight, it is the lighter guy) is pound-for-pound quicker than the other guy.

That's why people often say Iverson is the toughest pound for pound player, because despite being so small, he's still tough. I'm pretty sure all you mean to say is that, despite his size, Shaq was quick.

/lesson

Raph12
02-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Things we still know:

Dwight Howard needs to work on his post moves and maybe even learn how to take his shot out to 15 feet like Ewing did.

We also know that Shaq didn't win ANYTHING!!! until he was 28 (1999-2000 season)... Let's give Dwight another 4 years to win a title and a finals MVP before starting the comparison.

elizur
02-15-2010, 09:33 PM

Then Shaq will say you cant hold me jockstrap. He will say how his rookie year was better then any year Dwight has had.

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2010, 09:47 PM
honestly with the shot attempts argument. If you watch the games, Dwight gets the ball probably more then anyone else.

I wish they had a touch stat or something. Cuz Dwight gets more oppurtunities then the rest of the team, it just leads to only a few things. A turnover, or the other team intentionally fouling him. IF the defense is there hes not getting a shot attempt. Hes getting fouled.

jay87shot
02-15-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure if Dwight Howard know the meaning of mentor, Shaq's not on his team what's he going to teach him. Shaq's comments were on target DH is still just a punk kid trying to grab more limelight. Yes Shaq's comments were immature but he has earn the right to say them. Also it should be noted that between the two they probably have a combined IQ of 180, this isn't an intelligent debate or anything.

Raph12
02-15-2010, 10:38 PM
honestly with the shot attempts argument. If you watch the games, Dwight gets the ball probably more then anyone else.

I wish they had a touch stat or something. Cuz Dwight gets more oppurtunities then the rest of the team, it just leads to only a few things. A turnover, or the other team intentionally fouling him. IF the defense is there hes not getting a shot attempt. Hes getting fouled.

You're just mad because everyone's critisizing Carter for taking 15 shots per game at under 40%.

Dwight's game is a lot more reliable than Carter's, if he gets majority of the shots (like he does), he'll have one good night for every 3 bad ones (like he does).

fadedmario
02-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Fresno, I'm going to make you an official 'Dwight Howard Hater' signature.
Nothing you've said has been productive thus far about the real conversation. The nickname. Stop hanging on to Shaq's nuts. He was a great player, and a horrible sportsman with a cocky attitude. Dwight will go down as a pretty good-great player, with a wonderful attitude, and a happy personality. That's more in my book. If you have anything to say that's relevant to the nickname topic, then please, share.

:clap:

fadedmario
02-16-2010, 12:03 AM

Things we still know:

Shaq had Kobe and Dwayne Wade. Kobe is better now than Shaq ever was. Maybe Kobe should make a rap song about Shaq. Shaq is a joke. Your right, once he was dominant. But Dwight Howard is still a kid. He's got many years to get to Shaq's level. How good would the Magic be if he had either Wade or Kobe. Shaq is not Superman.

rapjuicer06
02-16-2010, 12:03 AM
no one is making any sense in this thread...shaq is 37 years old, if he wants to act like an immature *****, let him, he's earned it. yea oook. jordan helped out kobe, gave him pointers and stuff. never once did MJ say, kobe sucks....but whats even funnier is kobe is going to go down as one of the best to ever play, but he still couldn't guard MJ....does that mean no matter what kobe does he'll never come close to MJ? hell no, it means kobe was young. and going to dwight and shaq...dwight can guard shaq right now, shut him down...and it drives me nuts saying when shaq was in his prime is better than howard...HOWARD IS 24 YEARS OLD. what prime has he been in? i mean just cuz he acts more mature than shaq has ever acted in the league, doesn't mean he's in his prime yet. and just so you all know, just because ewing is howards "coach" doesn't mean howard is going to develop ewing's game. their two different players. its like jason kidd trying to show the ropes to derrick rose...they two completely different players. just everyone in this thread makes no sense what so ever.....