PDA

View Full Version : The death of the dunk contest falls on....

BTownTeamsRKing
02-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Lebron and Wade. There is a reason why this event is not what it once was. The stars dont do it. what did u think damar was going to? did u really think he is that creative?

23 and 3 are perfectly health, freakishly atheltic, and very creative. no excuse not to do it. none.

Driven
02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
It's not that the stars are in. It's the fact that the dunkers sucked this year. Richardson was awesome back in the day. He wasn't a star. They need to use more athletic swingmen. Not the Shannon Brown's. DeMar DeRozen wasn't too bad.

Back in 2000, they had, what, 6 participants and the finals consisted of 3? People's scores consisted of their two best dunks, not just two. Go back to that format. This year, all of the dunkers were just being safe. Allow them to go crazy and don't fault them for missing. Also, don't let them attempt a dunk 17 times though.

Shannon's first dunk would have been sick, but then he gave up on it to be safe.

Josh Smith was not a star at the time, but was an awesome dunker. Same with Richardson, Mason, etc. Stoudemire and Howard have been in it. You don't need household names.

$ NyC $
02-14-2010, 07:28 PM
It's not that the stars are in. It's the fact that the dunkers sucked this year. Richardson was awesome back in the day. He wasn't a star. They need to use more athletic swingmen. Not the Shannon Brown's. DeMar DeRozen wasn't too bad.

Back in 2000, they had, what, 6 participants and the finals consisted of 3? People's scores consisted of their two best dunks, not just two. Go back to that format. This year, all of the dunkers were just being safe. Allow them to go crazy and don't fault them for missing. Also, don't let them attempt a dunk 17 times though.

Shannon's first dunk would have been sick, but then he gave up on it to be safe.

Josh Smith was not a star at the time, but was an awesome dunker. Same with Richardson, Mason, etc. Stoudemire and Howard have been in it. You don't need household names.

Agreed. Get the 24 seconds back in there and let them do what they do! This year was just garbage. Glad Nate won but they all let us down especially Shannon Brown. As for Wallace, dude you have done sicker dunks during freaking games comon!

Raph12
02-14-2010, 07:39 PM
James White and Taurian Fontanette need to get called up from the Dleague and show these weak dunkers how real men dunk the ball.

HT9Canada
02-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Lebron and Wade. There is a reason why this event is not what it once was. The stars dont do it. what did u think damar was going to? did u really think he is that creative?

23 and 3 are perfectly health, freakishly atheltic, and very creative. no excuse not to do it. none.

i partially agree. reason: the dunk contest was hyped so much at this time last time lebron said he would do it. if ur the best player in the league and dont wanna do the dunk contest... dont say you will on national tv

RadiantShot
02-14-2010, 07:48 PM
They don't even need people REALLY freakishly athletic. The great part of a dunk contest, is the creativity. Nobody can lie.

I'd rather see Shaq jump up, grab the rim, and take a sip of soda, than Gerald Wallace doing an easy reverse-dunk. (Not saying that would ever happen, but you can catch my drift..)

Dwight Howard was creative, Nate was okay for the first time he won it. Vince, probably one of the best dunkers to even enter a dunk contest.

Flash > Athleticism to me.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-14-2010, 07:56 PM
They don't even need people REALLY freakishly athletic. The great part of a dunk contest, is the creativity. Nobody can lie.

I'd rather see Shaq jump up, grab the rim, and take a sip of soda, than Gerald Wallace doing an easy reverse-dunk. (Not saying that would ever happen, but you can catch my drift..)

Dwight Howard was creative, Nate was okay for the first time he won it. Vince, probably one of the best dunkers to even enter a dunk contest.

Flash > Athleticism to me.

i think it has to be both.

if a random guy can do a 720, why doesnt anyone attempt a 540? that would be pretty cool

how about going through the legs with a 360? something cool like that