PDA

View Full Version : Cavs very close to deal for Stoudemire

Boston Faithful
02-14-2010, 05:57 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913305

Please no.

This is wrong on so many levels.

First off - I don't want a boring, run down, small market city like Cleveland to be great for years to come. It will only derail ratings in playoff series.

Secondly, Phoenix is just absolutely stupid if they do this deal. JJ Hickson will get it done for them? Seriously? They could get so much more out of other teams - just Kerr and Danny Ferry are up each other's ***** so it might very well get done.

Third, Stoudemire and Shaq were JUST on the same team. Phoenix is going to trade Shaq and Stoudemire, two players that made the All-Star teams in the past two years for JJ Hickson and three players they that are waived and don't even play a game for their team (Ilgauskas, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic).

Are you ****ing serious?

The Lakers and the Cavs. Wow. People just hand players to their teams. Pau, now this ********? Sometimes I just think the NBA is fixed. Isn't it just convenient that the top two players in the league (Kobe and LeBron) get All-Star or superstar side kicks for next to nothing?

ko8e24
02-14-2010, 06:06 AM

Please no.

First off - I don't want a boring, run down, small market city like Cleveland to be great for years to come. It will only derail ratings in playoff series.

Secondly, Phoenix is just absolutely stupid if they do this deal. JJ Hickson will get it done for them? Seriously? They could get so much more out of other teams - just Kerr and Danny Ferry are up each other's ***** so it might very well get done.

Third, Stoudemire and Shaq were JUST on the same team. Phoenix is going to trade Shaq and Stoudemire, two players that made the All-Star teams in the past two years for JJ Hickson and three players they that are waived and don't even play a game for their team (Ilgauskas, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic).

Are you ****ing serious?

The Lakers and the Cavs. Wow. People just hand players to their teams. Pau, now this ********? Sometimes I just think the NBA is fixed. Isn't it just convenient that the top two players in the league (Kobe and LeBron) get All-Star or superstar side kicks for next to nothing?

says the celtics fan, a proud recipient of kevin mchale's ball sac on August 1, 2007

JayW_1023
02-14-2010, 06:07 AM
I agree...it's almost as if people want to hand the Cavs the title. The Suns are right in the middle of a playoff race...why the hell would they give up their best scorer? It's the same with LA essentially getting Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown. Sheesh. But at least the Grizzlies sucked back than, so I understand it a little bit. But come on, if the Suns do this they are bonkers.

And it would be a shame if the Cavs would give up a valuable role player like Varejao for Amare, who won't improve the cavs defensively. It's their D that's winning them games, and varejao is a big reason why. No way are the Suns dealing just for Hickson.

mvb815
02-14-2010, 06:15 AM
this does not make any sense at all for phoenix, considering amare is 17 mill off the books. ziggy would only be great for a team that is giving a long term contract in return. so basically taking on hickson and having less money to sign solid players?

somebody look under the table i think i see a big pile of green paper.

JayW_1023
02-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Also I just don't understand why the Cavs are seeking a trade in the first place. They are on a 13 game win streak. They just started to really gel. Making a move may break a great foundation they have.

It would be wise to just stay put this season.

Kyle N.
02-14-2010, 06:27 AM

Please no.

Are you ****ing serious?

I'm sure the city you come from is great if it contains people that make comments like that. And you should know a think or two about teams being handed championships. And I don't care what team is in the finals. I'll watch them because I'm a fan of the game of basketball. I'm not saying it's a good trade or anything, but seriously come on.

Hellcrooner
02-14-2010, 06:27 AM
i hope stou and shaq work as " good" as they did in the suns :p

oh and by the way this is nothing to do with the pau trade.

or is Hickson better than MARC GASOL?

Hellcrooner
02-14-2010, 06:30 AM
another question what are cavs gonna do with al that cap if they dont WIN?

i understand if they win they will probably resign stou and lebron and since shaq is a monster expiring MAYBE they even ocnvince Joe johnson or something to join.

but if they lose and thse trhee walk as obviusly would happen?

ko8e24
02-14-2010, 06:32 AM
i hope stou and shaq work as " good" as they did in the suns :p

oh and by the way this is nothing to do with the pau trade.

or is Hickson better than MARC GASOL?

you never seem to amaze me in how ur always able to bring a spanish player into the conversation when it doesn't have anything to do with them :facepalm:

lakerboy
02-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Bye bye summer of 2010.

cmstophe
02-14-2010, 06:42 AM
You people are losers.

You have a problem with this because it's Cleveland. If it was the lakers, you'd all be going, "Good deal, good deal!"

OP even admits this.

Fans like you are everything that is wrong with the NBA. Should be ashamed. This probably won't even happen anyways.

And sheesh, you act like the Cavs are a 100% lock to win if this deal goes through. they are no more a lock than the lakeshow were when they got Gasol. BOOOOSH.

FTR, this deal if it even goes through will be decided by how good Hickson becomes. Remember the Gasol trade that we all thought was robbery? I ask you to go google 'marc gasol' and tell me what he is doing right now.

cmstophe
02-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Also I just don't understand why the Cavs are seeking a trade in the first place. They are on a 13 game win streak. They just started to really gel. Making a move may break a great foundation they have.

It would be wise to just stay put this season.

True.

It worked well for them last sea- oh wait. No.

stawka
02-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Boston gets KG foR loose change and it's fine, Cleveland persues Amare and it's robbery? Typical! Next we're gonna have Laker fans complai -- oh wait

Duncan = Donkey
02-14-2010, 07:21 AM
nothing new here, we knew the same thing about 20 hours ago.

hopefully common sense prevails here and PHX tell the cavs to fet ********d

Duncan = Donkey
02-14-2010, 07:27 AM
actually now that i have my head around it, the article is pure crap.

IF the suns tarde amare to cleveland, you can bet your *** they will want the cavs to taker J Rich and his contract.

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.

really?? amare for hickson and cap space.

Chris Broussard is a dead set tit

JDMVP, Lakerfan
02-14-2010, 08:04 AM
WOW, for those people who are saying that LAKERS FAN are gonna complain and all bla bla bla well take a look at this
1st u pricks seem to be forgetting that the suns gave SHAQ to the cavs for who??
oh yea, thats right expiring contracts (garbage)

2nd if your a phx fan wounldnt u be piss u totally understand why steve kerr is trying to trade amare right?, so your hearing names like Andre Igoudala, Michael Beasley, Tyrus Thomas and many more and then all of a sudden after hearing those names ur gonna end with JJ HICKSON??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

3rd another thing that pisses me off about this deal is that if it does go through this going to be 2nd time that the suns are giving Great players to cleveland for garbage

Sorry but if im Robert Sarver(idk if i spelled his name right), im gonna fire this guy right away

_Supreme_
02-14-2010, 08:32 AM
It realy is beyond me why Phoenix would want to trade Amare for Ilgauskas, fething JJ Hickson and maybe a (bad) 1st round pick. Hickson is not that good and promising AT ALL.

That would be utterly ********.

Even more ******** even than the Gasol give away :facepalm:

marlinsfan24
02-14-2010, 08:38 AM
If this deal goes down, I am done with the NBA.

_Supreme_
02-14-2010, 08:45 AM

I am actually pretty close to that same thing.

If impact players keep getting traded to contenders for garbage that makes the league a big pathetic joke.

Among other things.

Whatever the new CBA will be, one thing that should be in it for sure: teams are prohibited from trading players in the last year of their contracts.

That is the only way to stop all this bullshyt plain and simple.

Derick713
02-14-2010, 09:00 AM
It's funny how Laker fans are the most upset about this development. The Lakers got Pau Gasol for next nothing at the time it happened. The Cavs are giving a player they deem a building block. The Lakers got to keep the core of Bryant, Odom, Bynum, and Fisher intact while adding Gasol. The Lakers gave up assets for Gasol and the Griz got lucky that Marc Gasol came to the states and turned into something.

They can still use Wally to add a little depth at SG. Maybe James Posey or Raja Bell would be the last piece to a title.

Derick713
02-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Maurice Williams/Delonte West/Daniel Gibson/
Anthony Parker/ ? /Daniel Green/
LeBron James/Jamario Moon/Jawad Williams/
Amare Stoudemire/Anderson Varejao/Leon Powe
Shaquille O'Neal/Zydrunas Ilgauskas/

The Suns would get a PF they like at a cheap price. Hickson has the defensive ability Beasley doesn't. Hickson will be cheaper than Tyrus Thomas and less of a head ache. Iguodala isn't worth the contract he has.

Giaps
02-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Steve Kerr is trying to become the worst GM of all time... there is no other explanation.

Shaq for Pavlovic
Amare for Hickson

I think the next one will be Nash for Gibson.

Lakers211221
02-14-2010, 09:25 AM

Please no.

Are you ****ing serious?

I can recall recently when the Celtics were in last place in the NBA and received Garnett and Allen for a bunch of scraps...quit your whining, trading is part of baketball and in this day and age, it benefits teams to trade for youth and cap space...the league is not fixed...as soon as a person says it is fixed, any credibility that they have in a basketball argument goes right out the door

Lakers211221
02-14-2010, 09:27 AM

Good!

king4day
02-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Kerr needs to be removed from basketball altogether.
He has a chance to get Beasley, and expiring, and a 1st.....and instead he takes Hickson, expiring, and NO PICK???!!! ARE YOU ****ING MENTAL???
Sounds like his romantic relationship with Ferry just got heavier.

JDMVP, Lakerfan
02-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Trades are part of the game no question, what im debating here is that why do the suns have to give their star player to the cavs again for garbage were in there are a lot of good offers as i said from Iggy to beasley then u gona end up with JJ Hickson?????

The Pau Gasol deal was highway robbery no question but we did it only one time and this situation is very different

The suns FYI are a playoff team not like the grizz at that time were horrible

I just don't understand why cant steve kerr love the offer from Miami
JO, Q-rich, beasley, wright and a 1st rd

Steve kerr actually loves this
JJ Hickson, Big Z(buy out after the trade), a late 1st rd pick

tell me which offer is better???

tcav701
02-14-2010, 09:36 AM
The celtics gave up big Al for KG whos a very solid player. But i see the trend of teams having to make these deals to win championships. Cant be mad a cleveland for making this deal if NBA fans are angry, they should be at the Wolves, Grizz and now Suns.

But to say the Wolves got "scraps" is uneducated.

king4day
02-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Steve Kerr is trying to become the worst GM of all time... there is no other explanation.

Shaq for Pavlovic
Amare for Hickson

I think the next one will be Nash for Gibson.

Nah that's getting too much in return. He'll want Powe cuz he's an expiring. Maybe a 2nd round pick 5 years from now that he'll then sell.

king4day
02-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Trades are part of the game no question, what im debating here is that why do the suns have to give their star player to the cavs again for garbage were in there are a lot of good offers as i said from Iggy to beasley then u gona end up with JJ Hickson?????

The Pau Gasol deal was highway robbery no question but we did it only one time and this situation is very different

The suns FYI are a playoff team not like the grizz at that time were horrible

I just don't understand why cant steve kerr love the offer from Miami
JO, Q-rich, beasley, wright and a 1st rd

Steve kerr actually loves this
JJ Hickson, Big Z(buy out after the trade), a late 1st rd pick

tell me which offer is better???

The article doesn't even mention the 1st.
My only guess is, he wants to throw in Richardsons contract for Wally. So Sarver can buy more purses and high heels for himself.

king4day
02-14-2010, 09:42 AM
So far I haven't seen a single Arizona newspaper that indicates a trade is close with the Cavs.
The AZCentral usually is quicker than ESPN with Suns news. So hopefully it's more chatter than anything.

jmtapia
02-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Kerr needs to be removed from basketball altogether.
He has a chance to get Beasley, and expirings, and a 1st.....and instead he takes Hickson, expiring, and NO PICK???!!! ARE YOU ****ING MENTAL???
Sounds like his romantic relationship with Ferry just got heavier.

id do that in a heartbeat... Beasly>>Hickson.

JordansBulls
02-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Didn't Amare say he wanted to go to a team where he was the man. He sure as hell wouldnt be the man on the Cavs.

loki34
02-14-2010, 10:28 AM
he go to clevland win the title, bolt for miami this summer

HouRealCoach
02-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Im sorry guys but Memphis got a pretty good trade.... Not even but good... They got cap space and a young solid big man who could be averaging 20,10 if Randolph wasnt there.

Who knows Hickson playing with Nash just might make him better just like Nash did with Diaw, Barbosa, Bell, Johnson, Richardson, Amare, and maybe more that I forgot.

The trade isnt even but damn Lakers & Cleveland in the Finals would be epic

icon1914
02-14-2010, 10:40 AM
A lot of people on here are overvaluing the Amare's value right now. He has an option to bolt any team he is traded to in a few months. Thats drives his value way down. A team like Miami could wait and get him next summer w/o losing anyone. The Cavs could do the same... but getting him here now might help keep LeBron in Cleveland.

Th3Alm1ghtyZ
02-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Kerr is likely going to try to convince Ferry to take J-Rich with Amare to clear up even more cap space. The Suns are in pure rebuild mode, and with Kerr and Ferry's "platonic" love affair, Ferry would probably send off Gibson or West to take on Richardson's contract.

As a Cavs fan, I have a slight mixed reaction to this. I mean, sure, we get yet another all-star to compliment Mo and LeBron, and the true dominant power forward this team lacks. At the same time, we're salvaging the future. Hickson is still somewhat raw, but once he's seasoned even more, he has the POTENTIAL to be a stud PF. (I capitalized potential, because after reading previous posts, there's a few people on here who could possibly be classified as "legally illiterate"). Do I want to trade Hickson? Yes and no. The potential is definitely there, and he's done well his sophomore season. However, he isnt an all-star yet, and who says he will be? Sure, he's playing well, but who says it's not because he's being mentored by Shaq? At the same time... Amare is proven. I think acquiring him would show LeBron that Gilbert and Ferry want to win and will do anything to retain him, even if it means trading potential like Hickson and even Gibson or Delonte West. At the same time.... Amare wants to play somewhere where he will be the man, and that's definitely not Cleveland. 'Nor is it Miami, where Wade runs the show. The chance for Amare to not exercise his option and become a free agent is there. As is the chance for him to sign somewhere not called Cleveland, at which this trade could be a bust. Especially if LeBron were to leave with Amare, even IF they win the championship together. This is one of those "let's see how things pan out" type of deals, where the true outcome wont officially be determined for a couple seasons.... Even if Cleveland pulls this off and wins the championship.

Lakeshow86
02-14-2010, 11:34 AM
If this trade goes through that would be the biggest steal in the histroy of the NBA. Even more so than the Pau trade. Lakers gave up some good things for pau. They gave up Marc Gasol, who has become a pretty good big man, 3 first round draft picks and 10 million in cap space with Kwame Brown. Since im hearing that the Suns will likely waive Ilgalskus, allowing him to resign with the cavs, the trade would be Amare for JJ Hickson? You have got to be kidding me? Hickson is a good solid Rookie off the bench for them, he MIGHT become a good starter one day but he will never be a allstar player like Amare.

prodigy
02-14-2010, 11:40 AM

WOW, I expect a ban to be issued for this. No reason to insult a city. Million bucks says this guy has never been to Ohio let alone Cleveland. Parts of Cleveland are really bad, parts are really great. Just like any city.

#1Mavericksfan
02-14-2010, 11:43 AM
If this trade goes through that would be the biggest steal in the histroy of the NBA. Even more so than the Pau trade. Lakers gave up some good things for pau. They gave up Marc Gasol, who has become a pretty good big man, 3 first round draft picks and 10 million in cap space with Kwame Brown. Since im hearing that the Suns will likely waive Ilgalskus, allowing him to resign with the cavs, the trade would be Amare for JJ Hickson? You have got to be kidding me? Hickson is a good solid Rookie off the bench for them, he MIGHT become a good starter one day but he will never be a allstar player like Amare.

:facepalm:

Ok I don't think anybody knew Pau had a brother when that trade went down and nobody knew how good he would be, that trade sent the Lakers to back to back NBA Finals and a NBA title....so Pau for Kwame will always be the biggets rip off in NBA history.

JordansBulls
02-14-2010, 11:46 AM

How so? Amare pretty much can leave this summer.

prodigy
02-14-2010, 11:46 AM

But if the Lakers or Boston does it then WOOOOO i LOVE THE NBA. lol.

Listen. Cleveland has not won a chamionship since 1964. So if we need to be the yankee's and buy one then let us. lol.

gocubs2118
02-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Kevin Garnett trade, part II.

torontosports10
02-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Meh, out of the Americas bonner big 3 (Boston,LA and Clevland) I perfer Clevland the most.

Do we think its fair that Sheed and Artest signed MLE with the Celts and Lakers when they could have got more? No thats great deals by them..

Pau trade... wont even get into it.

KG trade..Al Jeff is good...thats it tho, rest was garbage.

Allen trade..Jeff Green looks pretty average.

So stop all you *****ing about the Cavs getting better and man up with your stacked teams as well and face them. How the **** do you think smaller market clubs feel, knowing we will never get any big name FA to sign and never get benefit trades like this.

jim51990
02-14-2010, 11:58 AM
since i believe my celts are done im pulling for the king
win that ring for the king

#1Mavericksfan
02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
since i believe my celts are done im pulling for the king
win that ring for the king

That's the NBA's script for this season.........:clap:

Agar81
02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
everybody whos saying the c's ripped off the twolves... AL JEFFERSON went to the wolves, and he has basically out performed KG since then. Ryan Gomes has done a nice job there as well. Jefferson for Garnett would be fair value, but I think it was a 6 for 1 trade. You guys never cease to amaze me...

philab
02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Didn't Amare say he wanted to go to a team where he was the man. He sure as hell wouldnt be the man on the Cavs.

I don't remember Amar'e ever saying that . . .

I know Bosh said it not too long ago. Maybe I missed when Amar'e said it.

BALLER71
02-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Steve Kerr worst GM ever? Poor Steve Nash is on a island by himself.

brazilianblur
02-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I think these two teams are just trying to hustle the rest of the league. The suns were rumored to be very hot for Igoudala and the Cavs are begging for Jamison. If the two teams pretend to have a deal then maybe the other reams will throw out a deal out of desperation. Maybe Kerr is trying to get a little more out of the heat or the Cavs aretrying to get the Wiz to bite on the trade before it is too late. What I do know, or would like to believe, is that Kerr likes the Beasley, Wright, Richardson, and a first for STAT and Barbs better then Stat for Hickson.
I do think that if a deal goes down, it won't happen till tomorrow with Stat is representing phoenix in the staring lineup.

ManRam
02-14-2010, 12:19 PM
The OP's post is quite funny. Oh the irony.

It's a good deal for both teams. Phoenix gets a tremendous amount of cap relief, and an emerging young player who is much more athletic, and can definitely fit in well in an uptempo offense. What other team was actually in the run for him? Not many teams probably are interested in picking up an 18 million dollar contract for next year. Not many teams have a better expiring.

Obviously it's a great deal for Cleveland.

I originally thought Cleveland shouldn't fix what isn't broken...and that their team basketball right now is on a completely different level. But they need another all-star on that team, as good as LeBron is and as perfectly as those role players fit in.

But now there is even more pressure on LeBron. It's win or bust.

thescore53
02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
omg

ManRam
02-14-2010, 12:22 PM
And now the Suns potentially have enough money to sign a max player this off-season. Can't ignore that major factor.

Everyone crying about how bad this is simply doesn't understand the economics of basketball, the fact that Phoenix isn't winning any time soon with what they have, and are ignoring how valuable expiring contracts are this year.

Z has more value to the majority of NBA teams then Amare does. That is a fact.

kntresistheheat
02-14-2010, 12:23 PM
WISH LIST:

1) Lakers beat cavs in the finals
2) Kerr Gets fired
3) Suns go on a losing streak for the rest of the season!!

Hickson:rolleyes:

MrFastBreak
02-14-2010, 12:24 PM
How would Andy be able to play next to Amare? He is the second-best player on the Cavaliers. It’s true. Say it aloud. It’ll help it sink in. As crazy as it sounds, the guy with the crazy hair who looks like he could get knocked over by a stiff breeze, has no game outside of 10 feet to speak of, and doesn’t dunk on people has become an absolutely vital piece for the Cavs and how is a defensive liability like Amare gonna play on a team thats built on defense?

OnslaughtXX6
02-14-2010, 12:31 PM
This is the second ****ing time the Suns have "given" a player to Cavs. This is not right.

Badluck33
02-14-2010, 12:31 PM
says the celtics fan, a proud recipient of kevin mchale's ball sac on August 1, 2007

:clap:

TheKing23
02-14-2010, 12:35 PM

Yeah, I don't remember hearing him saying this... Chris Bosh said "I'm someone you can build around" but I can't remember anything similar from Amar'e.

It comes down to this for Amar'e... He can be the best player and main guy on a team that will never compete and battle for the 6th/7th/8th playoff spot... Or he can be the best second option in the league to the best player in the league and compete for titles for the next decade.

If he comes to the Cavs his bird rights come with him, meaning we can sign both him and LeBron to max contracts this summer. Our front office is willing to spend money to keep LeBron happy so i'm sure they'll have no problem in throwing a max contract at Amar'e. He gets the money and he gets the chance to win.

king4day
02-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Kevin Garnett trade, part II.

Hickson is no Al Jefferson.

HouRealCoach
02-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Steve Kerr worst GM ever? Poor Steve Nash is on a island by himself.

Thats his damn fault... Suns stated they are going in rebuilding mode and his dumbass re-signs there, Same for Grant Hill

If you ask me they dont want a damn ring

BTW Is J-Rich a part of this trade?

Badluck33
02-14-2010, 12:39 PM
If this happens it happens after the asg. not today or this morning.

faq us all if this does...

HouRealCoach
02-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I don't remember hearing him saying this... Chris Bosh said "I'm someone you can build around" but I can't remember anything similar from Amar'e.

It comes down to this for Amar'e... He can be the best player and main guy on a team that will never compete and battle for the 6th/7th/8th playoff spot... Or he can be the best second option in the league to the best player in the league and compete for titles for the next decade.

If he comes to the Cavs his bird rights come with him, meaning we can sign both him and LeBron to max contracts this summer. Our front office is willing to spend money to keep LeBron happy so i'm sure they'll have no problem in throwing a max contract at Amar'e. He gets the money and he gets the chance to win.

Last year Amare said that he should be the #1 option.... Thats the closest thing that I remember

king4day
02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
And now the Suns potentially have enough money to sign a max player this off-season. Can't ignore that major factor.

Everyone crying about how bad this is simply doesn't understand the economics of basketball, the fact that Phoenix isn't winning any time soon with what they have, and are ignoring how valuable expiring contracts are this year.

Z has more value to the majority of NBA teams then Amare does. That is a fact.

Unless Richardson is included in the deal, we'll ony be about 5mil under the cap.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2010, 12:45 PM
dang, lotta Cleveland hate here. This obviously moves Cleveland to the front of the pack as far as contenders are concerned. Amare's pathetic defense should be able to be covered up by their good perimeter defense, and Varejo, as well as their rebounding. They just became much better offensively. Cleveland is ripping Phx off, who yet again is saving money, nothing more. Hickson is fine, but they just wanted money. They have sold all their draft picks, gave away Kurt Thomas for nothing, and gave away Shaq. The SUns have thrown in the towel, and are looking to save money.

Wilson
02-14-2010, 12:46 PM
This has been posted in the existing Trade Deadline Speculation and Rumours (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454914) thread (the article is post #410), please discuss it in there so we don't have lots of threads on the same subject :cheers: