PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Next Yr's 2011 NBA All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles, CA

ko8e24
02-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Knowing it's LA/Hollywood, what do you think the NBA should do to spice it up. The NBA really needs to bring some fun and even a tad bit of relevance to the all-star game.

What are your guys' suggestions. I actually think the main player from the host city should be the main HOST and it should be up to that host how to run things during all-star wkend.

Since it's hollywood, get all the main hollywood stars combined with nba stars in an ultimate HOLLYWOOD PICK-UP GAME.

So what are your guys' suggestion for next yr's all-star wkend in LA?

*Superman*
02-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Dude calm down on the whole AS in LA thing. It's not even the place that matters, but what the participants actually do.

vash9
02-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Yes. I think the location doesn't REALLY matter, but the participants.

Like this years All-Stars were mixed up and ********.

Hopefully the East vs West game makes up for all the dumb and boring stuff so far.

NYK_kidd77
02-14-2010, 02:11 AM
isn't there already a thread on things people would like to see next year.

ManRam
02-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Location doesn't matter. It's all on the players' shoulders.

Don't let non-all stars be involved in anything, uncluding the dunk contest and three point shooting contest. I'd rather see big name players do that stuff than bench players. I'd rather see Dirk throw down then any of the guys who dunked tonight. I'd rather see Rondo and Rose shooting threes than Danilo or Frye.

SA5195
02-14-2010, 02:13 AM
I don't care if it's in Mars lol. Just make it fun, and exciting!

This year is one of the worst AS Weekends for a while

*Superman*
02-14-2010, 02:14 AM

Don't let non-all stars be involved in anything, uncluding the dunk contest and three point shooting contest. I'd rather see big name players do that stuff than bench players. I'd rather see Dirk throw down then any of the guys who dunked tonight. I'd rather see Rondo and Rose shooting threes than Danilo or Frye.

That's the problem. No one with a big name wants to do it. They just kick back and watch.

*Superman*
02-14-2010, 02:16 AM
I don't care if it's in Mars lol. Just make it fun, and exciting!

This year is one of the worst AS Weekends for a while

Word. I need to delete that **** off my DVR.

I seriously think the best thing is gonna be the Best of TNT Inside or whatever it's called, and I missed it.

Hellcrooner
02-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Complete revamp.

no rookie game

no dunk contest ( its been dead for lot of time)

Sideshows 3p contest.

1 on 1 score 11 and elimiant the other matchs between 16 players

and then REAL COMPETITION

Day 1 All nba foreing team vs Ncaa bestplayers

Day 2 Usa team vs All euroleague team

Sunday the winers play a final.

*Superman*
02-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Complete revamp.

no rookie game

no dunk contest ( its been dead for lot of time)

Sideshows 3p contest.

1 on 1 score 11 and elimiant the other matchs between 16 players

and then REAL COMPETITION

Day 1 All nba foreing team vs Ncaa bestplayers

Day 2 Usa team vs All euroleague team

Sunday the winers play a final.

Sounds great but would never happen.

ko8e24
02-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Since it's LA, I say we mandate Kobe Bryant to do the Dunk Contest. If he does it, then other superstars will do it.

And as far as the 3pt contest goes, put guys that are capable of hitting at least 20+. Get the absolute best 3 pt shooters in the NBA. Get Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Dirk, Nash, Peja, etc etc etc

Just get the best of the best.

And they really gota change up the skils competition, its sucks donkey balls. They should have harder things to do in it, or just take it out altogether.

And maybe they should just do away with the whole East and West All-Stars. Just get 24 of the top players from that season, and split them up into 2 teams, regardless of conference. And the teams should be chosen at random.

Hey, if Kobe and LeBron end up on the same team, then that's kool, lol.

Just something DIFFERENT

MoBASS
02-14-2010, 02:22 AM
More than 4 guys in the dunk contest.

WITZ
02-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Create a website to make sure shannon doesn't dunk again.

ko8e24
02-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Create a website to make sure shannon doesn't dunk again.

hahaha, lol, so true man. it was horrible. he and kobe both let us down, lol

GspLAL
02-14-2010, 02:30 AM

problem is getting all star's/stars who can actually dunk.

GspLAL
02-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Since it's LA, I say we mandate Kobe Bryant to do the Dunk Contest. If he does it, then other superstars will do it.

And as far as the 3pt contest goes, put guys that are capable of hitting at least 20+. Get the absolute best 3 pt shooters in the NBA. Get Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Dirk, Nash, Peja, etc etc etc

Just get the best of the best.

And they really gota change up the skils competition, its sucks donkey balls. They should have harder things to do in it, or just take it out altogether.

And maybe they should just do away with the whole East and West All-Stars. Just get 24 of the top players from that season, and split them up into 2 teams, regardless of conference. And the teams should be chosen at random.

Hey, if Kobe and LeBron end up on the same team, then that's kool, lol.

Just something DIFFERENT

You serious? Kobe's in his 30s he cant jump like before.

KG2TB
02-14-2010, 02:44 AM
All I know is the dunk competition needs to be changed up a bit. It seems you get 6 hours to make a dunk. EVEN AFTER TIME EXPIRES YOU GET TWO TRIES!!!! WTF?!!?!? 1 minute timer....two attempts. If you can't make a dunk in two tries get to steppin. Get rid of the Horse game as well as the competition with WNBA players and old has beens like Kenny the jet. Get more participants in the dunk contest with better selections. Also...why has Ben Gordon never beeen in the 3point competition? Get better participants for that event as well. Morrow, BG, Mike Miller, Kyle Korver, Kevin Durant etc...the 3 point and dunk comp didn't even have the best 3 point shooters or dunkers in the competition. How does that happen? Lame

willie84
02-14-2010, 02:46 AM
yao in the dunk competition jumping over nate

ko8e24
02-14-2010, 02:54 AM
You serious? Kobe's in his 30s he cant jump like before.

I rather see 30 yr old big names rather than hyped up disappointing role players, lol

Chronz
02-14-2010, 03:07 AM
All you non Californians think it doesnt matter, but thats cuz your jelous. **** I cant believe its coming back, what is that like 3 times in the last 10 years, we are spoiled. Good thing though, we really need the economical boost.

ko8e24
02-14-2010, 03:23 AM
All you non Californians think it doesnt matter, but thats cuz your jelous. **** I cant believe its coming back, what is that like 3 times in the last 10 years, we are spoiled. Good thing though, we really need the economical boost.

The last one we had was in 2004, Shaq's final yr in LA, where he won all-star game mvp. Well, we know who's gonna get his 4th all-star game mvp award next yr :p

Chronz
02-14-2010, 03:31 AM
The last one we had was in 2004, Shaq's final yr in LA, where he won all-star game mvp. Well, we know who's gonna get his 4th all-star game mvp award next yr :p

BS bro didnt they have one in the coliseum?

Hellcrooner
02-14-2010, 03:39 AM
hey i got it.

Why dont the invite Mini-Me from A powers to dunk contest and dress him in a Knicks outfit and allow him to use some gizmo to jump?

maybe that way Robinson does not win....

vash9
02-14-2010, 04:34 AM
hahaha, lol, so true man. it was horrible. he and kobe both let us down, lol

Agreed. I loved how a lot of Lakers fans thought Shannon can actually win.

He's a good player, but being creative at dunking...that's another story.

ElMarroAfamado
02-14-2010, 04:34 AM
people that say to have KObe in the dunk contest dont understand he is not 26 years old anymore geesh....there is a reason he does not dunk as often as he used to ....this aint NBA2k10 where you can just pick the top 5 dunkers in the game....to do it ...
some guys would not fare well in the contests anymore......

ko8e24
02-14-2010, 05:16 AM
people that say to have KObe in the dunk contest dont understand he is not 26 years old anymore geesh....there is a reason he does not dunk as often as he used to ....this aint NBA2k10 where you can just pick the top 5 dunkers in the game....to do it ...
some guys would not fare well in the contests anymore......

lol, i was kiddin, u guys take things way too seriously, calm down, stop flippin, the worldn't not ending, it's not 12/21/12, lol