PDA

View Full Version : are you enjoying this years allstar weekend??

ayuntalo
02-14-2010, 12:28 AM
im just curious..how many of you guys think that this year will be one of the worst allstar weekend??
the only one i enjoyed was the rookie vs soph..

the 3pt shootout and slamdunk contest was not exciting..
the h.o.r.s.e. was boring..

and there are so many players in the allstar game that are injured..
besides lebron, wade, dwight..who can bring the excitement??:confused:

still1ballin
02-14-2010, 12:28 AM
no

Tha Truth
02-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Am I enjoying this years all-star weekend?

No.

violetuniverse
i think it sucks this yr. dunk contest was a real snoozer

ManRam
I started watching women's Olympic mogul skiing before the dunk contest was over. I watched some speed skating during the other stuff.

You can probably guess my opinion.

NYKnickFanatic
No.

Vinny642
02-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Not rly

Celeb. Game- Boring
Rooks- Sophmore- Nice
HORSE- Ehh
Shooting Star- Decent
Skills- Nice
3's- Boring
Dunk- Ehh
Overall- Not really.

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 12:32 AM
I'll let you know after I get back from the game tomorrow.

violetuniverse
02-14-2010, 12:32 AM
horse is boring as all hell. i vote to do away w it.

nygiants242
02-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Absolute garbage. Everything so far has been so lame.

TheKing23
02-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Boring as hell so far...

SA5195
02-14-2010, 12:35 AM
Boring as hell.

cubfan23
02-14-2010, 12:36 AM
worst dunk contest i've seen. Next year they need to get the Lebron's and Dwights back into it if not get rid of it. I heard about the horse game and how Durant was just shooting jump shots....could they be anymore plain then? 3pt what happened to the 8 people and 3 rounds. The All Star Game is becoming more of a joke each year. The Nhl all star game is great, fastest skater, fastest slap shot, and accuracy Come on NBA you need to do something here.

JackB
02-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Nope. Haven't watched any of it. And I won't watch the so called AS game on Sunday. Yawn.

Trouble87
02-14-2010, 12:43 AM
it was all very boring and they should have selected better players to take part in the festivities

PhillyBoomerang
02-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Horrible.. It was the worse ever

Romo2Bryant
02-14-2010, 12:52 AM
:sleep::cricket::yawn:

Sadds The Gr8
02-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Super Bowl a Bar Mitzvah?

My *** Cuban...

jimbobjarree
02-14-2010, 01:02 AM
skills contest was fun with my Deron in it, shame he fluffed his lines at the end but congrats to Steve Nash, at least those guys were having fun and joking about, nobody else seemed to be, especialy Paul Pierce celebrating his 3 point contest like the championship the other year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Deron in a western conference jersey though, so as long as he plays some good minutes tomorow the weekend would have been great for me, but ya, the dunk contest sucked ***.

QU Bobcat
02-14-2010, 01:13 AM
I'll let you know after I get back from the game tomorrow.

I agree with Mavrix, I flew down from NYC for this weekend. Caught the Rookie/Soph game from an open bar suite. Did the Jam Session thing and saw some players. Avoided tonight cuz of cost, and got great seats for tomorrow.Being down here is a different atmosphere!

Slimsim
02-14-2010, 01:14 AM
:down:

Dunk Contest :D

HoopsDrive
02-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Dunk contest blew
3pt was ok
Skills was ok
Haier was eh...
HORSE was eh...
Rooks-Sophs was ok
ASG TBD

Overall so far: eh...

Skizzik
02-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Not enough creativity in players, especially in Horse and the Dunk contest. Then again, I almost always ignore the all-star festivities. Outside of the Dunk contest on occasion, most of it is pretty lame anyways, especially the game it's self, with no defense and them basically doing a 5 on 5 shootaround. Do people really normally enjoy the NBA's all-star weekend outside of the Dunk contest? I've just never found it appealing. The other sports need to adopt a MLB styled all-star game, as in...one that actually means something.

ManRam
02-14-2010, 01:31 AM
The rodeo thing was pretty sweet during the celebrity game.

:rolleyes:

*Superman*
02-14-2010, 01:41 AM
The whole in Dallas Stadium or w.e was a big fail. Today we had a party and did everything but pay attention to the stuff, until the dunk contest came.

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 01:46 AM
I agree with Mavrix, I flew down from NYC for this weekend. Caught the Rookie/Soph game from an open bar suite. Did the Jam Session thing and saw some players. Avoided tonight cuz of cost, and got great seats for tomorrow.Being down here is a different atmosphere!

How do you like it here? The weather is never like this, we got a lot of snow for the first time in a decade.

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 01:47 AM
The whole in Dallas Stadium or w.e was a big fail. Today we had a party and did everything but pay attention to the stuff, until the dunk contest came.

Nothing has been played at the Dallas Stadium yet, only the ASG will be held there tomorrow. Everything else has been at the American Airlines Center.

*Superman*
02-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Nothing has been played at the Dallas Stadium yet, only the ASG will be held there tomorrow. Everything else has been at the American Airlines Center.

Really? Okay nevermind I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Lakers4ItAll
02-14-2010, 01:49 AM
worst weekend in years.

blastmasta26
02-14-2010, 01:56 AM
worst weekend in years.
Definitely.

mjt20mik
02-14-2010, 01:57 AM
worst all star i've witnessed

mp3
02-14-2010, 01:58 AM
the all star weekend gets lamer ever single year with this really being horrible. can we please go back to the days when stars are actually in the dunk contest like kobe and vince carter and when players wore their own jerseys in the all star game and not those dumb looking jerseys.

ko8e24
02-14-2010, 01:58 AM
Hey fans, next yr, it'll be in LA, the Entertainment Capital of the World Baby! :rock:

Sorry Dallas, ur all-star game failed. It's cool...

But expect one of the most exciting all-star games next yr in LA

*Superman*
02-14-2010, 01:59 AM
All I know is 2012 will probably be in Orlando because we getting that new arena baby!

vash9
02-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Worst All-Star so far in my opinion.

And the Dunk Contest, by far, in history, is the worst i've ever witnessed.

I was expecting a lot from DeRozan considering he said he's not scared of even MJ in dunking. Disappointing.

ManRam
02-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Hey fans, next yr, it'll be in LA, the Entertainment Capital of the World Baby! :rock:

Dallas is not the reason it sucked, and LA wont be the reason next year's might be good. Location means nothing in the NBA All Star game. Nothing at all. It's all about the players, and what they do.

ayuntalo
02-14-2010, 02:10 AM
the all star weekend gets lamer ever single year with this really being horrible. can we please go back to the days when stars are actually in the dunk contest like kobe and vince carter and when players wore their own jerseys in the all star game and not those dumb looking jerseys.

yah! i liked the allstar games where they got vince, kobe, t-mac, b.davis, francis, etc..i mean those exciting guys..

blastmasta26
02-14-2010, 02:22 AM
Worst All-Star so far in my opinion.

And the Dunk Contest, by far, in history, is the worst i've ever witnessed.

I was expecting a lot from DeRozan considering he said he's not scared of even MJ in dunking. Disappointing.
I was also expecting a lot from Derozan, and from Shannon Brown. You know a dunk contest is bad when Reggie Miller is saying he could go out there and do the same dunks.

Skizzik
02-14-2010, 02:22 AM

Like the poster above me mentioned, you can't blame Dallas that half the all-stars are injured or that no superstar wants to risk injury doing the dunk contest or that Kevin Durant's idea of a Horse shot is a 3 pointer. The only way it gets any better in LA is if the league actually makes players participate in the games, but that won't happen, they don't have the power to force the players to do it.

mp3
02-14-2010, 02:23 AM
yah! i liked the allstar games where they got vince, kobe, t-mac, b.davis, francis, etc..i mean those exciting guys..

i clearly was talking about the dunk contest. theres no reason to go from kobe to nate robinson... if only queen james would keep a promise for once

ayuntalo
02-14-2010, 02:36 AM
i clearly was talking about the dunk contest. theres no reason to go from kobe to nate robinson... if only queen james would keep a promise for once

lebron is a showoff...everyone knows that..

vash9
02-14-2010, 05:00 AM
I was also expecting a lot from Derozan, and from Shannon Brown. You know a dunk contest is bad when Reggie Miller is saying he could go out there and do the same dunks.

I didn't expect a lot from Shannon. I knew he was going to lose. I was also tired of all the Hype he was getting so he could be in it. Watching all his dunk-in-game, you have to realize he has never even pulled anything creatively simple, and by that i mean like a windmill or something of the "basic" high-flyers dunks. Sure, he can facial/posterize someone, but they were always simple dunks.

"Never Let Shannon Brown Dunk in the Dunk Contest Ever Again." I'm going to make that website.

As for DeRozan, i thought he was gonna do something amazing. like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_e931PFwz0

but i guess not.

Cromedome
02-14-2010, 09:17 AM
H.O.R.S.E wasn't boring at all....but the 3pt contest and dunk contest were boring as hell.

..and I also think Cheryl Miller might be a crack head.

jmtapia
02-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Rookie/Soph challange has been my favorite so far. The Rookies just destroyed the Soph...