PDA

View Full Version : Dallas and Washington Complete 7-Player Deal

thedfactor
02-13-2010, 07:48 PM
per Mark Stein on ESPN

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

thedfactor
02-13-2010, 07:50 PM
The two teams have called in the trade to league offices and it will be done tonight.

Dallas gets:
Caron Butler
Brendan Haywood
DeShawn Stevenson

Washington gets:
Josh Howard
Drew Gooden
James Singleton
Quinton Ross

BradyIsTheMan12
02-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Mavs got a lot better.

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Nice. Let's hope Gooden re-signs with us after 30 days.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2010, 07:51 PM
so Dallas will now have:

Kidd
Butler
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

with JJ, Terry, and Dampier off the bench

on par with lakers? i dont think so, but they are a good team for sure.

AK-50
02-13-2010, 07:53 PM
damn

st3voness
02-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Nice. Let's hope Gooden re-signs with us after 30 days.

I don't think it's possible even IF Washington waives him.

We're over the cap and the only way to re-sign him would be for vet's minimum.

BkOriginalOne
02-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Let the snowballing begin.

CB29
02-13-2010, 08:03 PM
so glad that the raps don't have to play the mavs again this season... that is a devestating mavs team with now a legit centre and a terrific defender and scorer in butler... i'm saying that they are better than the lakers and now will compete with the cavs for the title

thedfactor
02-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Gooden won't be coming back. I expect Dallas to use their 2.9M trade exception in another small trade for a decent young player off the bench since there's only 13 guys on the roster right now. That was an original plan for Cuban with the TE

mgsports
02-13-2010, 08:15 PM
They could just Trade Gooden some where else like Orlando.
Howard won't be staying we can hope.
Their better then the Lakers maybe.

Jamiecballer
02-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Mavs got a lot better.

They got more talented and they got better. I'm not sure they got A LOT better. It's not like they are replacing scrubs in their rotation with Butler and Haywood.

Fresno
02-13-2010, 08:22 PM
They got more talented and they got better. I'm not sure they got A LOT better. It's not like they are replacing scrubs in their rotation with Butler and Haywood.

Josh Howard has struggled a lot under Carlisle and their 2nd unit has struggled due to rotating Terry, JJ, Robo in and out of the starting SG position.

I dont think people realize that Howard in the "right" system is an All Star caliber swingman. Hes going to probably end up a 6th Man elsewhere after we dont resign him.

No way the Wizards cut Gooden, hes good trade bait right now to package someone like Jamison with.

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Josh Howard has struggled a lot under Carlisle and their 2nd unit has struggled due to rotating Terry, JJ, Robo in and out of the starting SG position.

I dont think people realize that Howard in the "right" system is an All Star caliber swingman. Hes going to probably end up a 6th Man elsewhere after we dont resign him.

No way the Wizards cut Gooden, hes good trade bait right now to package someone like Jamison with.Howard will average 19 and 6 with the Wiz this season. Book it.

JordansBulls
02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
The two teams have called in the trade to league offices and it will be done tonight.

Dallas gets:
Caron Butler
Brendan Haywood
DeShawn Stevenson

Washington gets:
Josh Howard
Drew Gooden
James Singleton
Quinton Ross

Good deal for the Mavs.

Fresno
02-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Howard will average 19 and 6 with the Wiz this season. Book it.

He might average even more considering how eager we are to dump Jamison and his contract.

This is shaping out to be the Perfect situation for Nick Young, a big time scorer who wants to be a #1 option. He will have a lot of opportunities now that Stevenson is finally gone.

Fresno
02-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Good deal for the Mavs.

We probably will waive Singleton, so he can return to Dallas or go elsewhere.

We'll be at 15 total with 12 active after the deal is done.

thedfactor
02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4912262

More from ESPN on the completed trade.

pippsux
02-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Well, if nobody from the rockets will say it, I will, wtf happened? Mavs got better more for the aquisiton of Haywood without losing Dampier, than Butler. While Rockets were talking, the Mavs came in like a thief in the night and jacked the trade. Good job, I envy the Mavs GM. No interviews, no tweets, just action. Congratulations to the Mavs.

Legitimate
02-13-2010, 08:57 PM
anyone who thinks that denver is still the better team is obviously very delusional

Fresno
02-13-2010, 09:08 PM
anyone who thinks that denver is still the better team is obviously very delusional

Denver needs to make a signing to add depth at the 3 and 4. Joey Graham is cool but he isn't really a lockdown defender they need at the 3 to come off the bench.

Not to mention adding a versatile PF who can stretch the defense with his range. Kenyon Martin tries to be that and fails.

$ NyC $
02-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Nice trade. Lets see if Mr. Young gonna step it up

Fresno
02-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, if nobody from the rockets will say it, I will, wtf happened? Mavs got better more for the aquisiton of Haywood without losing Dampier, than Butler. While Rockets were talking, the Mavs came in like a thief in the night and jacked the trade. Good job, I envy the Mavs GM. No interviews, no tweets, just action. Congratulations to the Mavs.

Rockets didnt have the salaries needed.

They're only dangling T-Mac's contract and they couldn't have gotten the deal done doing so without bringing in Butler + Jamison. Neither Houston nor Boston needs Jamison, after the novelty of acquiring a former All Star averaging 20/8 per game wears off reality sets in that he still has 2 years left at $28 Million while he doesn't fit in on defense at all.

Hes literally a player who could go from averaging an overlooked 20/8 in Washington to averaging 9/4 while playing 15 MPG elsewhere because the offense isn't built around him.

D-Amazins
02-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Kidd > Fisher
Terry < Kobe
Butler > Artest
Dirk > Pau
Haywood - Bynum

BENCH:

Barea, Stevenson, Carroll, Marion, Najera, Thomas, Dampier > Farmer, Vujacic, Brown, Walton, Odom, Mbenga

I like Dallas team better but still Lakers are favorites and the Mavs still have to get the chemistry going but no doubt the Mavs have the better overall team.

Romo2Bryant
02-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I like Mavs better then Lakers right now.

Mavs
Lakers
Nuggets

Damela
02-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Nice trade. Lets see if Mr. Young gonna step it up

I hope he can. He was one of my favorite rookies coming in the league a few years ago. I thought he had so much potential

Kakaroach
02-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Amazing deal for the Mavs. Washington gets the cap space they want though. They won't re-sign any of the 4 after this season so this is the official throwing of the towel.

Have they said their not moving Jamison?

thedfactor
02-13-2010, 09:50 PM
There will be several shifting going on with fantasy value. I'll have to keep an eye out for who improves the most. Blatche for one should be picked up.

blastmasta26
02-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Second best team in the West on paper now. Hopefully they can get that chemistry going quickly. I like the Mavs, I will root for them to upset the Lakers if they meet in the WCF.

Young2Kinsler
02-14-2010, 01:00 AM
People seriously need to slow down and breathe when comparing them to the Lakers, and the Nuggets are just as good. It's a good trade, I love it, but lets slow it down just a little.

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 01:08 AM
People seriously need to slow down and breathe when comparing them to the Lakers, and the Nuggets are just as good. It's a good trade, I love it, but lets slow it down just a little.

The Nuggets weren't much better than Dallas before the trade. :eyebrow:

thedfactor
02-14-2010, 01:16 AM
The Nuggets weren't much better than Dallas before the trade. :eyebrow:I disagree, you saw that game before the break. They were clearly better and Melo wasn't even in top form and no Martin. This puts us even or above them in the battle to compete with the Lakers in the WCF.

kblo247
02-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Kidd > Fisher
Terry < Kobe
Butler > Artest
Dirk > Pau
Haywood - Bynum

BENCH:

Barea, Stevenson, Carroll, Marion, Najera, Thomas, Dampier > Farmer, Vujacic, Brown, Walton, Odom, Mbenga

I like Dallas team better but still Lakers are favorites and the Mavs still have to get the chemistry going but no doubt the Mavs have the better overall team.
I won't spin or fight anything you said at all, but I would like to say that you need to qualify the bolded parts.

Those 2 names are the best starter and bench player on both rosters by far (huge gap between Dirk&Kobe and Lamar&Marion, always has been and always will be), and at the end of the day they have been the difference in LA always giving it to Dallas even during the Kwame/Smush years along with Phil generally out coaching Nellie, Avery, or Carlisle.

With that said Dallas, made a beautiful deal for their team and improved tremendously. I for one think the biggest wild card of the trade is Stevenson as he could easily be the guard to split time with Jason and Jet if his head is on straight and bring Dallas JJ's O and Ross's D all by himself.

RocketsRule
02-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Great trade by the Mavs, they get better on both ends of the court while getting deeper as well.

However, they are not on the same level as the Lakers just yet. They haven't proven anything, and while there team looks good on paper, you really have to see if they have any chemistry.

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 01:21 AM
I disagree, you saw that game before the break. They were clearly better and Melo wasn't even in top form and no Martin. This puts us even or above them in the battle to compete with the Lakers in the WCF.

Yeah and we beat them a month ago. Last game we played without Marion, the same guy that held Melo to 5-19 shooting and also no Damp to contain Nene. With Haywood and Butler now, we are a much much better defensive team.

astrosmaniac
02-14-2010, 01:23 AM

this didnt come out of nowhere. the mavs have been talking with them for as long if not longer than the rockets/knicks in the 3 way deal. and it wasnt the rockets not doing anything, it was the wiz GM. if you are him who do you want, al harrington or howard and gooden? its fairly obvious

SA5195
02-14-2010, 01:25 AM
Kidd
Butler
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

:drool:

kblo247
02-14-2010, 01:26 AM
Yeah and we beat them a month ago. Last game we played without Marion, the same guy that held Melo to 5-19 shooting and also no Damp to contain Nene. With Haywood and Butler now, we are a much much better defensive team.

You could be a much better defensive team.

On paper you are better but the coach and players will have to gel and be integrated to reach that potential.

I think you will be a better offensive squad first, but that is just me as it is easier to get guys shots in comfortable situations early on than to teach them correct rotations and defensive philosophies.

To quote Ricky Ricardo, "Don't be counting your chickens before the egg hatches"

lavell12
02-14-2010, 01:26 AM
I will take the Lakers b/c one reason, Kobe!

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 01:29 AM
I won't spin or fight anything you said at all, but I would like to say that you need to qualify the bolded parts.

Those 2 names are the best starter and bench player on both rosters by far (huge gap between Dirk&Kobe and Lamar&Marion, always has been and always will be), and at the end of the day they have been the difference in LA always giving it to Dallas even during the Kwame/Smush years along with Phil generally out coaching Nellie, Avery, or Carlisle.

Since when is there a "huge" gap between Odom and Marion?

Marion:
11.7 ppg
6.5 rpg
1.5 apg
.8 spg
.9 bpg
.506 FG%
.772 FT%
1.2 TO per game

Odom:
10.1 ppg
9.9 rpg
3.6 apg
.9 spg
.8 bpg
.451 FG%
.705 FT%
1.78 TO per game

Both players play slightly above 31 MPG.

To say there's a huge gap between Odom and Marion is a HUGE homer statement.

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 01:29 AM
You could be a much better defensive team.

On paper you are better but the coach and players will have to gel and be integrated to reach that potential.

I think you will be a better offensive squad first, but that is just me as it is easier to get guys shots in comfortable situations early on than to teach them correct rotations and defensive philosophies.

To quote Ricky Ricardo, "Don't be counting your chickens before the egg hatches"

It's just my prediction.

sugarrayray
02-14-2010, 01:30 AM
See I just do not get whatsoever how the Mavericks didn't have to pony up a first round pick for this.

kblo247
02-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Since when is there a "huge" gap between Odom and Marion?

Marion:
11.7 ppg
6.5 rpg
1.5 apg
.8 spg
.9 bpg
.506 FG%
.772 FT%
1.2 TO per game

Odom:
10.1 ppg
9.9 rpg
3.6 apg
.9 spg
.8 bpg
.451 FG%
.705 FT%
1.78 TO per game

Both players play slightly above 31 MPG.

To say there's a huge gap between Odom and Marion is a HUGE homer statement.

To say there is a huge gap is their past history in which Marion has always needed a double team to guard Lamar. LO has always took him and worked him 1 on 1 throughout their careers.

At the end of the day that occurs because Lamar is superior at everything but shooting the 3 ball (he has shot more at this point this year than any full season from playing guard in the triangle). Posting up, passing, rebounding, defending the paint, handling the ball, and being able to score one on one is all in LO's favor.

Marion may have more god given athleticism but he doesn't have close to the same skill set.

Plus out of the two I'll take my chance with Lamar on Dirk than Marion on Kobe without hesitation, wouldn't you?

st3voness
02-14-2010, 01:39 AM

With that said Dallas, made a beautiful deal for their team and improved tremendously. I for one think the biggest wild card of the trade is Stevenson as he could easily be the guard to split time with Jason and Jet if his head is on straight and bring Dallas JJ's O and Ross's D all by himself.

I get what you're saying about Kobe, but Odom? He and Marion are almost identical.

kblo247
02-14-2010, 01:46 AM
I get what you're saying about Kobe, but Odom? He and Marion are almost identical.

Skill set and their past match ups.

Rebounding, passing, post scoring, post defense, team defense, ball handling, and being able to score 1 on 1 without needing someone to create for you all goes to LO.

Perimeter D and 3pt shooting all go to Marion.

Plus Lamar has never needed a double to stop Marion, while PHX not sending a double to help Marion with Odom until game 4 almost got them eliminated.

Odom is the better all around player with the more versatile game and he has had more success (small) bothering Dirk than Marion has ever had guarding Kobe which is where both guys will have to inevitably put in work to win a 7 game series.

Look at their floor game this year:

http://i45.tinypic.com/k6h36.png

xbrackattackx
02-14-2010, 01:47 AM
I like the trade for the mav's def makes them deeper, I do hate to see Gooden though I always liked him.

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm gonna miss Gooden. He was really good for the Mavs and actually provided some really good defense and rebounding. He would also score whenever we couldn't find an answer from Dirk Jet or Josh.

kblo247
02-14-2010, 01:52 AM
I've never heard defense associated with Gooden, but I agree with you about his ability to score and rebound.

He had so much potential when he was in Orlando :(

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 01:54 AM
I've never heard defense associated with Gooden, but I agree with you about his ability to score and rebound.

He had so much potential when he was in Orlando :(

I know it's hard to believe, but he really did improve drastically on the defensive end.

blah-blah
02-14-2010, 01:55 AM
the good teams keep getting better..

Nighthawk
02-14-2010, 02:00 AM
Huge Dirk fan so im happy for the Mavs.

Solid player at every position for their starting 5

Barrea, R.B, Terry, Deshawn, Dampier, not a bad bench. I hope it gets them over that hump. We'll see.

st3voness
02-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Skill set and their past match ups.

Rebounding, passing, post scoring, post defense, team defense, ball handling, and being able to score 1 on 1 without needing someone to create for you all goes to LO.

Perimeter D and 3pt shooting all go to Marion.

Plus Lamar has never needed a double to stop Marion, while PHX not sending a double to help Marion with Odom until game 4 almost got them eliminated.

Odom is the better all around player with the more versatile game and he has had more success (small) bothering Dirk than Marion has ever had guarding Kobe which is where both guys will have to inevitably put in work to win a 7 game series.

Look at their floor game this year:

http://i45.tinypic.com/k6h36.png

If you want to get in debates about who does the "other" things better, then Kidd and Nowitzki step miles ahead Fisher and Gasol, respectively.

And in the end, Odom can not guard Nowitzki one-on-one. No one can. Not a game goes by where Dirk isn't double or triple teamed. So really, your comparison right now is flawed because Marion is not going to be picking up LO defensively. Nowitzki will let Odom take all the shots he wants. Outside of Bryant and Gasol, there is no other scoring option besides Odom so we'll let him make the difference or not.

Remember, Marion drops down to about our 5th or 6th scoring option with this trade.

kblo247
02-14-2010, 02:21 AM
If you want to get in debates about who does the "other" things better, then Kidd and Nowitzki step miles ahead Fisher and Gasol, respectively.

And in the end, Odom can not guard Nowitzki one-on-one. No one can. Not a game goes by where Dirk isn't double or triple teamed. So really, your comparison right now is flawed because Marion is not going to be picking up LO defensively. Nowitzki will let Odom take all the shots he wants. Outside of Bryant and Gasol, there is no other scoring option besides Odom so we'll let him make the difference or not.

Remember, Marion drops down to about our 5th or 6th scoring option with this trade.

Dallas still plays small to end games so Kidd-Terry-Butler-Marion-Dirk will happen and we all know it.

Are you forgetting Artest and Bynum eating Dallas alive inside earlier this year, the let Odom score plan backfiring in Dallas when he did just that, or that even though Fisher is an old dog he is at his deadliest in the post season every year?

Anyway, when it is all said and done that small 5 will be in versus Phil's closing 5 and the cross matchups will dictate everything

Dallas will want:
Terry-Fisher
Kidd-Ron
Butler-Kobe
Marion-Odom
Dirk-Pau

LA will want:
Terry-Fisher
Kobe-Kidd
Ron-Butler
Lamar-Marion
Pau-Dirk

Also, out of all the coaches in the league Phil is the stubbornest when it comes to only doubling late which is why you have rarely seen Pau or Lamar (Mbenga did it as well in LA) double unless they get beat off the dribble and instead make Dirk shoot over their length

We may not agree on the outcome, but I think we both agree on the fact that it will be fun to watch so :cheers: and I hope to see LA play you guys in the playoffs for once.

Mavrix
02-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Dallas still plays small to end games so Kidd-Terry-Butler-Marion-Dirk will happen and we all know it.

Are you forgetting Artest and Bynum eating Dallas alive inside earlier this year and the let Odom score plan backfiring in Dallas when he did just that?

Anyway, when it is all said and done that small 5 will be in versus Phil's closing 5 and the cross matchups will dictate everything

Dallas will want:
Terry-Fisher
Kidd-Ron
Butler-Kobe
Marion-Odom
Dirk-Pau

LA will want:
Terry-Fisher
Kobe-Kidd
Ron-Butler
Lamar-Marion
Pau-Dirk

Also, out of all the coaches in the league Phil is the stubbornest when it comes to only doubling late which is why you have rarely seen Pau or Lamar (Mbenga did it as well in LA) double unless they get beat and instead make Dirk shoot over their length

Only if it's on the offensive end. If it's on our defensive end Terry will be benched and Haywood would slide to the 5.

kblo247
02-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Only if it's on the offensive end. If it's on our defensive end Terry will be benched and Haywood would slide to the 5.

If so, it would be

Kidd-Fisher
Marion-Kobe
Butler-Artest
Dirk-Pau
Haywood-Lamar

Phil sticks with that 5 when he is playing a meaningful game w/o deviation no matter if Shannon, Drew, or Jordan are balling.

The only change would be him sending Kobe to cheat off Marion if need be and put LO on the most rugged big since he is LA's best rebounder and best chance of making every trip one and done.

All I know is that it is going to be fun whenever they and Dallas match up again. Do you know when that is by the way?

Skizzik
02-14-2010, 02:33 AM
If so, it would be

Kidd-Fisher
Marion-Kobe
Butler-Artest
Dirk-Pau
Haywood-Lamar

Phil sticks with that 5 when he is playing a meaningful game w/o deviation no matter if Shannon, Drew, or Jordan are balling.

The only change would be him sending Kobe to cheat off Marion if need be and put LO on the most rugged big since he is LA's best rebounder and best chance of making every trip one and done.

All I know is that it is going to be fun whenever they and Dallas match up again. Do you know when that is by the way?

Feb. 24th, in Dallas.

kblo247
02-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Feb. 24th, in Dallas.

Thanks.

I was hoping that it would be a little closer to late March-April so that Dallas could have gelled and LA could have scouted the new look.

It will probably be more of a game where they try to feel each other out and have no rhythm now.

thedfactor
02-14-2010, 04:04 AM
Kidd, Butler, Marion, Dirk, Haywood is a big starting unit damn

Lakers are going to be fun to play against and the Nuggets once the team gets a couple of weeks under their belt and practice.

Chemistry will be the factor.

Hellcrooner
02-14-2010, 04:31 AM
whover thinks dirk is Far better than Pau is delusional specialy since with butler adition dirk will NEED to play more on the post that in the wing .

ANy way since Phil IS NOT STUPID we wont know bout that isnce bynum will go to the bench playof time and it will be ODOM the one caring bout dirk whie Pau has a feast against Haywood and kobe has a feast on either terry or Caron.

lakerboy
02-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Good trade for the Mavs. I always liked Butler since he was in LA.

kblo247
02-14-2010, 04:48 AM
whover thinks dirk is Far better than Pau is delusional specialy since with butler adition dirk will NEED to play more on the post that in the wing .

ANy way since Phil IS NOT STUPID we wont know bout that isnce bynum will go to the bench playof time and it will be ODOM the one caring bout dirk whie Pau has a feast against Haywood and kobe has a feast on either terry or Caron.

With Drew hurt and LO staring the past 2 years, Lamar took Damp and Pau took Dirk on defense so what are you babbling about?

Also, if anything Butler may free Dirk up to stay out of the post if the let him play bully ball down low against SFs like Melo, Pierce, and Artest have done in the past.

Ebbs
02-14-2010, 04:54 AM
I can see this working out great for both teams but for our sake I really hope Caron outplays Howard.

JayW_1023
02-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Butler is underrated. He will make th Mavs better. They have another rugged defender in Stevenson and a shotblocker in Haywood. The Mavs will improve mostly on defense.

Reddd
02-14-2010, 07:42 AM
I will take the Lakers b/c one reason, Kobe!

Exactly, don't forget that the Lakers have arguably the best player in the L atm, that could become a huge difference down the stretch.

pippsux
02-14-2010, 10:50 AM
While Morey is rationalizing and computing and valuating and projecting and tweeting and interviewing....other GMs make it happen. They wait for the rockets to talk about the trade the might do and they snatch it away. Mavs are much improved, rockets, we are waiting for the free agent fairy in 2010 where magic will happen.

Cavs_Fan24
02-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I said cavs vs mavs before the season started. Looks like Dallas could definitely make it over LA now.

#1Mavericksfan
02-14-2010, 11:47 AM
LOL at Lakers fans hating on the Mavs now......

This was good trade for the Mavs now all they need is some good team chemistry before the playoffs start.

arkanian215
02-14-2010, 11:47 AM
per Mark Stein on ESPN

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

darn now that dallas pick is going to be even worse.

Ollie Tabooger
02-14-2010, 12:04 PM
The mavs even got the lebron stopper in case they get to the finals and play the cavs :D

static_inferno
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
yeah this is a great trade for the Mavs, Caron Butler will do well for them. everyone will match up well, Kidd vs. Fisher, Kobe vs. Butler, Artest vs. Marion, Pau vs. Dirk, Bynum vs. Haywood, Odom vs. Terry. this can put the Mavs in the elite tier with the Lakers, Cavs, and Magic. we'll get to see this Mavs team matchup with the Lakers next Wednesday, February 24, maybe a good preview of the WCF?

IversonIsKrazy
02-14-2010, 05:14 PM
good deal for the Mavs. they got a lot better, Howard was really really struggling this season, and Haywood is the icing on the cake for the Mavs, can actually get a very good defender/rebounder along with Dirk and Damp off the bench. Race for the 2nd seed just got a LOT more interesting.

BlondeBomber41
02-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Funny thing is with how bad Howard has been this year I would of been cool with a simple Howard for Haywood swap.... getting Caron Butler also is just an insanely good deal. Especially if they release Gooden and he comes back to Dallas.

Hellcrooner
02-14-2010, 05:22 PM
^wich should be prohibited already im sick of it Payton, Mcdyess etc.

Thats ******** you should not be able to come back to a team that traded you until the next season.

thedfactor
02-14-2010, 05:23 PM
yeah this is a great trade for the Mavs, Caron Butler will do well for them. everyone will match up well, Kidd vs. Fisher, Kobe vs. Butler, Artest vs. Marion, Pau vs. Dirk, Bynum vs. Haywood, Odom vs. Terry. this can put the Mavs in the elite tier with the Lakers, Cavs, and Magic. we'll get to see this Mavs team matchup with the Lakers next Wednesday, February 24, maybe a good preview of the WCF?Maybe, but I think Dallas might still be jelling at that time. Too bad they don't play later on in late March or so, but yeah should be more fun to watch now that we should be more competitive

Kakaroach
02-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Another good thing that comes from this trade for the Mavs is that now Haywood will just replace Damp for the next few years. They might not even re-sign Damp.

Young2Kinsler
02-14-2010, 06:24 PM
They won't resign Damp no matter what. He will be their big trade chip this offseason.

kjoke
02-14-2010, 06:47 PM
golden state and miami, thats all i have to say

dallas has always had much talent but it seems they cant get over the hump, this trade wont help them that much, thed still lose

JordansBulls
02-14-2010, 09:42 PM
golden state and miami, thats all i have to say

dallas has always had much talent but it seems they cant get over the hump, this trade wont help them that much, thed still lose

Dallas should have enough now.

Kidd
Butler
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

Bench
Terry
Barea
Dampier