PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks Reach Tentative Deal...

xbrackattackx
02-13-2010, 02:29 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/021310dnspomavstrade.10ffd1520.html

True?
Throughts?

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 02:31 AM
You, me, and several others posted this already, lol. The MODS said that we can't put up this news until it is "FINAL". If it's not final, then it is a rumor/speculation issue (even though they may have agreed 'in principle')

xbrackattackx
02-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Sorrry Guys...My bad! I just wanna discuss it :(

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Well, until the mods move this, I guess it's okay to discuss it.

Yes, this is true, it will be finalized on Monday after the culmination of All-Star Weekend. Butler, Stevenson and Hawyood go to the Mavs while Howard and Gooden go to the Wizards.

Mavs win with this deal, and become 2nd best team in the West behind the Lakers.

2010 WCF: Lakers vs Mavs

xbrackattackx
02-13-2010, 02:43 AM

Yes, this is true, it will be finalized on Monday after the culmination of All-Star Weekend. Butler, Stevenson and Hawyood go to the Mavs while Howard and Gooden go to the Wizards.

Mavs win with this deal, and become 2nd best team in the West behind the Lakers.

OMG if that is the WCF: Then it's gonna be a epic one!

So how many wins you think it add the Mavs..Think the 10-11 days are over?

Kyben36
02-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Its probably going to happen, I like it for both teams to be honest, Wiz begin to rebuild, the Mavs get what they allways do, get a good deal, dont see how he realy fits in though

Showmeyourtds
02-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Wow I cant stomach to see the bad teams get any worse. Do they have no respect for their fan base by putting a decent product on the court.

Spurred1
02-13-2010, 02:55 AM
Mavs want Haywood more than anything else-they need another actual center. Gooden is not one. The whore is currently injured, so they need someone who can play the center position effectively while the whore's knee and minutes are being monitored.
Butler/Howard-Well, Howard isn't happy with the Mavs and probably needs a change of scenery. The Mavs haven't been that thrilled with his play of late. If nothing else, the Wiz can trade him in the offseason. Best of luck to him, though.
Stevenson..is a throw in
Win/win for both sides.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 03:01 AM
Mavs want Haywood more than anything else-they need another actual center. Gooden is not one. The whore is currently injured, so they need someone who can play the center position effectively while the whore's knee and minutes are being monitored.
Butler/Howard-Well, Howard isn't happy with the Mavs and probably needs a change of scenery. The Mavs haven't been that thrilled with his play of late. If nothing else, the Wiz can trade him in the offseason. Best of luck to him, though.
Stevenson..is a throw in
Win/win for both sides.

Howard has a team option in his contract, so i doubt they resign him, thus probably won't be traded- just let go.

Spurred1
02-13-2010, 03:27 AM
Oh hell, knew I got something wrong about Howard's contract. Hasn't Pat Riley wanted him for a while,though? So if he's let go, perhaps the Heat will pick him up for cheap.

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 03:40 AM
Stevenson..is a throw in
Win/win for both sides.

lol, Brendan Haywood is not the main piece they want. lmao!

It's Caron Butler, he's a proven 20+ pt scorer, and he's a very good defender and it's just another good defender (he, Marion, etc.) to throw at Kobe when the playoffs roll around. Kobe and Caron were Laker teammates for 1 season, they're very close friends, Caron knows Kobe's game and certain tendencies on the basketball court (Not that it'll help, cuz Kobe is Kobe :p)

But this is a stellar move by the Mavs and they are waaaay better than the overrated Nuggets. The Nuggets are built to have a good regular season. These Mavs are built to have a good rest of the regular season as well as the first 2 rounds of the playoffs......until they run into the buzzsaw that is the defending champs.

ldc62
02-13-2010, 03:48 AM

It's Caron Butler, he's a proven 20+ pt scorer, and he's a very good defender and it's just another good defender (he, Marion, etc.) to throw at Kobe when the playoffs roll around. Kobe and Caron were Laker teammates for 1 season, they're very close friends, Caron knows Kobe's game and certain tendencies on the basketball court (Not that it'll help, cuz Kobe is Kobe :p)

But this is a stellar move by the Mavs and they are waaaay better than the overrated Nuggets. The Nuggets are built to have a good regular season. These Mavs are built to have a good rest of the regular season as well as the first 2 rounds of the playoffs......until they run into the buzzsaw that is the defending champs.

Clearly not this season. But I agree with the guy who said Mavs wanted Haywood more. Haywood is avg a double double and 2 blocks a game. Very underrated and one of those Bigs who won't take shots away from Dirk. Excellent pickup by the Mavs. Throw in Caron and this might be considered a steal. BTW I would not be saying this if Josh was the old Josh, can anyone tell me what happened to the guy?

Everyone should know how everyone plays in the playoffs because that's why Scouts get paid. Being with Kobe for 1 season isn't going to make a diff.

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 04:08 AM
Caron didn't avg 20 ppg this season cuz of his injuries. He's just starting to get back into the flow of things. He should be the 2nd option behind Dirk. This should be the offensive pecking order, with J-Kidd distributing.

1. Dirk
2. Caron
3. Terry-off the bench I presume
4. Haywood
5. Marion
6. Kidd
7. Whatever shots are left over, lol (with Deshawn Stevenson jacking up 3's lol)

thedfactor
02-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Brendan Haywood made Dallas pull the trigger, not Butler. They loved Caron, but Haywood pushed the deal over the table.

Dallas needed a center, a good one. Butler is the main piece, but Haywood could turn out just as important for this Mavs team.

Chronz
02-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Yea I definitely think Haywood is just as important of a pick up for the Mavs. Hes an underrated player on both ends, Caron has been abit of a disappointment

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Really? um, I guess I didn't know that Haywood was the main piece, since yall are saying that.

My bad Spurred1

KC22
02-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Its pretty funny everyone arguing over who the bigger trade piece is. The Mavs always have two needs- a true 2 guard, and help at center. If this deal goes through, then they fill both those needs.

It should be exciting to finally have someone take some of the pressure off of Dirk.

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 04:58 AM
why do u guys keep saying "if this deal goes thru"

It's going thru, it's just that normally, trades are almost never finalized on a friday, saturday or sunday of an all-star wkend. the papers for trades are usually sent to the head league offices at monday morning the earliest for it go thru processing, pending physicals, and finally, APPROVAL.

It is expected that this deal will be finalized Monday afternoon, Feb. 15th

SirCalvin81
02-13-2010, 05:11 AM
mavs win in this trade 4 damn sure

thapharcyd
02-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Mavs get good end of deal... But Butler will be like Jefferson on the Spurs imo... On paper better, but not gonna meet expectations.

cameroncrazies2
02-13-2010, 06:15 AM
Deshawn Stevenson could be headed directly to Milwaukee for Hakim Warrick. FYI from a Bucks locker room insider.

As a Bucks fan, I would throw myself out my window if this happens.

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Deshawn Stevenson could be headed directly to Milwaukee for Hakim Warrick. FYI from a Bucks locker room insider.

As a Bucks fan, I would throw myself out my window if this happens.

lol that's nothing. Source failed. Get a link or don't post false stuff yo

Fanthrwthknthn
02-13-2010, 06:31 AM
good deal for both teams if true dands hown...

Raven-Lunatic
02-13-2010, 09:24 AM

This is the actual reported deal: The Mavericks appear to have agreed on the major points of a trade that would send Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, Quinton Ross and James Singleton to Washington for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson, the Dallas Morning News reports

jimbobjarree
02-13-2010, 10:05 AM
yeah haywood should have the bigger impact on the Mavs than Butler will IMO, he's everything they need

bal_ravens
02-13-2010, 10:43 AM
mavs win in this trade 4 damn sure

How do the Mavs win this?

The Mavs will improve a lot. I am mostly sad to see Haywood go, because he is a great, underrated Center.

However, Butler is not a 2. Never will be. He is injured way too often now and can't handle being a #2 option.

The Wizards, if able to terminate Arenas' contract, will have money to spend in the free agent market, along with a top pick in this years draft.

jimbobjarree
02-13-2010, 10:44 AM
^good move ditching deshawn's contract too

D_Rose1118
02-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Well if they trade gooden to the wizards a PF

why would they do that unless they are gonna deal jamison???

jimbobjarree
02-13-2010, 11:14 AM
cus hes an expiring that makes the salaries match

AlexTmz2
02-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Mavs would get the better hand, no doubt. This is crazy news for you Mavs fans.

AlexTmz2
02-13-2010, 11:22 AM
yeah haywood should have the bigger impact on the Mavs than Butler will IMO, he's everything they need

Agree, Haywood is having a career season. Many teams were after him, including the spurs. But damn this is gonna be a great deal for the Mavs. Nice move.

MTar786
02-13-2010, 11:23 AM
damn.. this puts dallas at 2nd in the west imo..

AlexTmz2
02-13-2010, 11:29 AM

:nod:

iHoop
02-13-2010, 11:31 AM

It's hard for me to say this but I think that aswell. I give the Mavs FO props on pulling off a deal like this. I just hope they beat the Lakers :)

VCaintdead17
02-13-2010, 11:31 AM
So I assume Dallas's line up will be: Kidd, Butler, Marion, Dirk, Haywood, with Terry off the bench.

Thats a great line up. Butler seems like a perfect second option behind Dirk, and they finally have an actual center who can play well.

Good job Mavs

deuces
02-13-2010, 11:44 AM
if i were a mav fan i would jizz in my pants

Jahari Kavi
02-13-2010, 11:50 AM
I think this makes the mavs the #1 in the west.....they have a lot of depth they can go to.......this move will definitely cause other teams (cavs, lakers, celtics) to try and make some moves.................

#1Mavericksfan
02-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I can't get excited untill they sign the paper work....then I will be jumping for joy!!

wileyisTOFU
02-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Hopefully hes got some good weed hook ups up there

twoearl
02-13-2010, 12:16 PM
good deal for the Mavs. This puts them as arguably the 2nd best team in the west, right there with the Nuggets.

twoearl
02-13-2010, 12:20 PM
I think this makes the mavs the #1 in the west.....they have a lot of depth they can go to.......this move will definitely cause other teams (cavs, lakers, celtics) to try and make some moves.................

I disagree. The Lakers are still the clear cut best in the West. The Mavs still have no answer for Gasol or Bynum. Haywood is ok, but cmon now let's be realistic he is just a more athletic version of Dampier. And of course the Lakers still have Kobe, who no one in the league has an answer for expect maybe the cavs.

aWiLL 20
02-13-2010, 12:22 PM
as a mavs fan, im not gonna lie about how excited i am about this :)

KnicksorBust
02-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Why on earth are the Wizards doing this trade? They can't get a good young player on a rookie contract or some picks for Butler/Haywood? Pitiful.

Raven-Lunatic
02-13-2010, 12:27 PM
I agree that this is a good pick up for the Mavs but I'm not gonna put them at the number 2 seed just yet. Butler hasn't been playing up to his "All-Star" status this year. Haywood will have a bigger impact IMO. Until I see Butler play up to his potential I'm still keeping the Mavs at the number 3/4 spot.

MacFitz92
02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I disagree. The Lakers are still the clear cut best in the West. The Mavs still have no answer for Gasol or Bynum. Haywood is ok, but cmon now let's be realistic he is just a more athletic version of Dampier. And of course the Lakers still have Kobe, who no one in the league has an answer for expect maybe the cavs.

I disagree. I'd say Haywood is right there with Bynum, and I know this doesn't prove to show the better team but look at this:

Jason Kidd > Derek Fisher
Caron Butler < Kobe Bryant
Shawn Marion > Ron Artest
Dirk Nowitzki > Pau Gasol
Brendan Haywood = Andrew Bynum

I really do think that the Mavs are now a serious threat to win it in the West. We'll defintely find out more after they start playing together.

Mell413
02-13-2010, 12:32 PM
I like this deal for the Mavericks. Not sure if this puts them ahead of Denver however.

Slimsim
02-13-2010, 12:36 PM
For al who say Butler isn't playing well this year maybe that because he's on a losing team i bet if this trade goes down officially butler would play all star ball

bal_ravens
02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Why on earth are the Wizards doing this trade? They can't get a good young player on a rookie contract or some picks for Butler/Haywood? Pitiful.

They are taking an often injured player in Butler, who doesnt fit their plans. They are taking Stevensons $4 million contract while the Wizards are getting expiring contracts to possibly go with Arenas' termination.

Lots of cap space + high draft pick.

masalex1205
02-13-2010, 12:57 PM
They are taking an often injured player in Butler, who doesnt fit their plans. They are taking Stevensons $4 million contract while the Wizards are getting expiring contracts to possibly go with Arenas' termination.

Is there a draft pick included in the deal or are you talking about the one the Wiz will get for sucking?

Its hard for me to believe that this was the best that Washington could get

KnicksorBust
02-13-2010, 12:59 PM

You can't include them using their own soon to be good draft pick as part of the reason to make the trade. My point is you don't trade an all-star caliber SF and a double double bigman for expirings. You gotta at least get a young talent on a rookie deal, or high draft picks and they are getting neither.

Is there a draft pick included in the deal or are you talking about the one the Wiz will get for sucking?

Its hard for me to believe that this was the best that Washington could get

Exactly.

Kakaroach
02-13-2010, 01:29 PM
I love it for the Mavs, hate it for the Wiz. Get a first rounder or something cuz they could get so much more.

LA_Raiders
02-13-2010, 01:51 PM
I hate to see bad teams go worst, but oh well...

I'll be so happy to beat those Mavs...

momoneyyyy
02-13-2010, 02:12 PM
love the move for mavs they can beat the lakers now..

lavilevi23
02-13-2010, 02:29 PM
If this goes down Mavs are locked to be a top 3 team in the West.
What does it mean for the Wizards? Well, they'll have major cap space this summer and will become a key player in free agency

td0tsfinest
02-13-2010, 02:40 PM
wow. The Mavs might just have enough to compete in the west. JKidd, Butler, Marion, Dirk, Haywood; Dampier and Jason Terry solid back ups. Their bench is very thin after that but it might not even matter with the amount of talent in their starting lineup.

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 02:44 PM
I like this deal for the Mavericks. Not sure if this puts them ahead of Denver however.

lol wut? they have much deeper better players than denver, better inside presence with the addition of haywood, better perimeter defense with the addition of butler. Denver is marshmallows mentally and will falter in the playoffs. Lakers Vs Mavs 2010 WCF. Book it!

bal_ravens
02-13-2010, 02:53 PM
You can't include them using their own soon to be good draft pick as part of the reason to make the trade. My point is you don't trade an all-star caliber SF and a double double bigman for expirings. You gotta at least get a young talent on a rookie deal, or high draft picks and they are getting neither.

Exactly.

Okay firstly, he is only an all-star caliber SF because he had Gilbert Arenas and Jamison playing beside him. Arenas playing minus Jamison and Butler still put up great numbers. Jamison minus Butler and Arenas last year still put up huge numbers. Secondly, as you said, he is a SF. The Wizards have tried using him at SG which failed badly. Mavs are probably going to try to do the samething, which would be failing.

Butler is not a #2 option. He is a number 3. Gilbert Arenas, despite everyone not liking him, pretty much even admitted it. With Gilbert coming back from his injury, becoming pretty much the #3, Butler did horrible sliding into the #2 option.

As for better trades being out there, should we trade him to the dominate teams in the East already? The Cavs? Celtics? I think not. No below average team wants to give up their young assets for him. From the rumors going around, its either this trade, send him to the Celtics, Cavs or Houston(who wont include any young talent, just McGrady).

As for the draft pick part, yes, im talking about the one from us sucking. But if we can get Wall or something from sucking, so be it. And that has nothing to do with this trade, I understand that. But if the Wizards clear enough space by trading Butler and terminating Arenas's contract, I would rather have a big time Free Agent or two (Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay so on...) over Butler anyday. The Jamison/Arenas/Butler experiment didnt work. Arenas gave his heart out, putting up monster numbers with Jamison always being that steady 20/10 guy that we could never replace. Caron was/is always replaceable.

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Butler is a great fit for the Mavs. I want him to start at SF and have Marion come off the bench to back him and Dirk up at the SF and PF positions. Dallas just improved imensely on the defensive end...Haywood, Butler, Marion, and Kidd...all above average defenders in the starting line up to go with Dirk's offense.

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Okay firstly, he is only an all-star caliber SF because he had Gilbert Arenas and Jamison playing beside him. Arenas playing minus Jamison and Butler still put up great numbers. Jamison minus Butler and Arenas last year still put up huge numbers. Secondly, as you said, he is a SF. The Wizards have tried using him at SG which failed badly. Mavs are probably going to try to do the samething, which would be failing.

Butler is not a #2 option. He is a number 3. Gilbert Arenas, despite everyone not liking him, pretty much even admitted it. With Gilbert coming back from his injury, becoming pretty much the #3, Butler did horrible sliding into the #2 option.

As for better trades being out there, should we trade him to the dominate teams in the East already? The Cavs? Celtics? I think not. No below average team wants to give up their young assets for him. From the rumors going around, its either this trade, send him to the Celtics, Cavs or Houston(who wont include any young talent, just McGrady).

As for the draft pick part, yes, im talking about the one from us sucking. But if we can get Wall or something from sucking, so be it. And that has nothing to do with this trade, I understand that. But if the Wizards clear enough space by trading Butler and terminating Arenas's contract, I would rather have a big time Free Agent or two (Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay so on...) over Butler anyday. The Jamison/Arenas/Butler experiment didnt work. Arenas gave his heart out, putting up monster numbers with Jamison always being that steady 20/10 guy that we could never replace. Caron was/is always replaceable.

No they won't. Terry has been starting the past 10 games and averaging over 20ppg and over 17ppg for the season. Butler will start at SF and Marion will back him and Dirk up, kind of like how Odom backs Gasol and Artest in LA.

LD555
02-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Well it's a great trade for Dallas and a good trade for Washington. Dallas gets Haywood whose natural position is C(and has been posting solid #'s this yr), Butler can play the 2 spot better than Howard which means Terry can go back to his 6th man role(which he is better suited for), and they get DeShawn who is deadly from mid to long range(AKA: Dallas bread and butter). Now for those thinking that this truly sucks for the Wiz, keep in mind sometimes all a player needs is a fresh start and seeing as how Howard wore out his welcome in Big D that's exactly what he needs. Plus due to his character he should be a perfect compliment to the gun-toting Agent 0 and Javaris C. Seriously Howard still has some left in the tank and with the addition of Marion, emergence of Barea, and a few other factors to boot--he was getting less and less playing time and being relied on even less. So he is a better fit for Saunders than Butler was, and he will be relied on more so he should do better. Now Gooden should see alot of time in the 4 and 5 spots and is a good player so he should do fine(he is used to getting traded). Great for Dallas but still good for the Wiz.

LD555
02-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey Ravens if you'll remember right Eddie Jordan was the coach of the Wiz for awhile, and he used Butler in the 2 spot ALOT with great success. He has only done badly in Saunders' offensive scheme. BTW I agree with ya Mavrix about the defensive upgrade.

chicago's jewel
02-13-2010, 03:12 PM
this is obviously a good trade for the mavs. though i don't see how this puts this past the lakers or nuggets in the west. Overall, the mavs just don't have the size to get past the lakers and denver is just a machine on offense. This is a good move for what it's worth, but by no means is it equivalent to the pau trade a few years ago which clearly put the lakers over the top.

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 03:21 PM
this is obviously a good trade for the mavs. though i don't see how this puts this past the lakers or nuggets in the west. Overall, the mavs just don't have the size to get past the lakers and denver is just a machine on offense. This is a good move for what it's worth, but by no means is it equivalent to the pau trade a few years ago which clearly put the lakers over the top.

No size? Haywood and Dirk are 7 footers lol.

As far as Denver goes...Haywood is a lot better than Nene defensively. He's a better rebounder and shot blocker. Dampier is a better back up then Birdman. I won't even compare Dirk to K-Mart. Melo will have trouble being guarded by 2 of the best defensive small forwards in the NBA in Marion and Butler, Terry > JR Smith, Kidd and Billups have completely different games but advantage obviously goes to Billups for being super clutch. It would be a great series but imo Dallas would beat Denver in 6 or 7.

I still think the Lakers are obviously better just because Kobe is Kobe, but if Dallas falls short of a championship this year they still have a huge 13 million expiring contract in Dampier and Haywood's 6 mil contract expires as well although I would re-sign Haywood if I were Dallas. Dallas could possibly go after Al Jefferson in the offseason and win it all.

thedfactor
02-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Haywood could end up being huge for Dallas. Caron is an excellent talent to add to the wing. I think it's best to bring Marion and Damp off the bench with Roddy, Barea, Thomas, and Stevenson.

The defensive upgrade will improve a Dallas team which was falling apart on that end giving up well over 100 pts per game for about three weeks.

Too early to determine where the Mavs will finish out west, but this does make them much more competitive with LA and Denver.

bal_ravens
02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Ravens if you'll remember right Eddie Jordan was the coach of the Wiz for awhile, and he used Butler in the 2 spot ALOT with great success. He has only done badly in Saunders' offensive scheme. BTW I agree with ya Mavrix about the defensive upgrade.

Jordan rarely ever used him at the 2. Stevenson had a start streak and played SG for most of the time. If not him, Nick Young would start at SG.

Mane
02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
As a Wizards fan, i can't make much of an assessment about Josh Howard or Gooden.

I do know that, unless Caron changes his ways, he will frustrate the living **** out of you offensively. Stevenson is a piece of ****.

Haywood is awesome. Nobody really appreciates how good of a center he is both offensively and defensively. I promise you, Mavs fans, you will love him.

Ebbs
02-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Not stoked on stevenson.

nuggetsyankees
02-13-2010, 03:52 PM
the deal would probably be this
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykjwnxq

MFFL2008
02-13-2010, 03:59 PM

I agree, but I am a little biased!!! :)

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 04:02 PM

Swap Beaubois for Ross or Singleton, Mavs aren't trading Roddy.

The deal has already been agreed upon with these players:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yj8egcj

MFFL2008
02-13-2010, 04:02 PM

:facepalm: you know little about basketball!!!

MFFL2008
02-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Swap Beaubois for Ross or Singleton, Mavs aren't trading Roddy.

The deal has already been agreed upon with these players:

Josh Howard
Drew Gooden
Quinton Ross
James Singleton

for

Caron Butler
Brendan Haywood
Deshawn Stevenson

I don't think anything is finalized with all the details ironed out!! I heard we get Oberto as a throw in. We won't really know for a little while, but Roddy is staying in Big D for sure!!

Go_NUGGETS
02-13-2010, 04:04 PM
no size? Haywood and dirk are 7 footers lol.

As far as denver goes...haywood is a lot better than haywood defensively. He's a better rebounder and shot blocker. Dampier is a better back up then birdman. I won't even compare dirk to k-mart. Melo will have trouble being guarded by 2 of the best defensive small forwards in the nba in marion and butler, terry > jr smith, kidd and billups have completely different games but advantage obviously goes to billups for being super clutch. It would be a great series but imo dallas would beat denver in 6 or 7.

I still think the lakers are obviously better just because kobe is kobe, but if dallas falls short of a championship this year they still have a huge 13 million expiring contract in dampier and haywood's 6 mil contract expires as well although i would re-sign haywood if i were dallas. Dallas could possibly go after al jefferson in the offseason and win it all.

roflmao.

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 04:08 PM
roflmao.

Are you mad that Dallas is better than the Nuggets with this trade? I would be too.

And yes, I made a mistake in my post, Haywood is way better than Nene defensively and a way better rebounder. It's okay to be jealous.

st3voness
02-13-2010, 04:12 PM
I think this puts the Mavs even with the Lakers, but Lakers will finish first in the West because Dallas is already so far behind.

valade16
02-13-2010, 04:14 PM
:facepalm: you know little about basketball!!!

How can you be that certain that the Mavericks are better now than the Nuggets?

People were saying the Mavericks were better than the Nuggets before the season even started, look how that turned out...

Either way, no team in the league can touch the talent of the Lakers.

Young2Kinsler
02-13-2010, 04:14 PM

We already know the deal WONT BE THIS, so you are pullin random **** out of your ***. Please just stop

Young2Kinsler
02-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Are you mad that Dallas is better than the Nuggets with this trade? I would be too.

And yes, I made a mistake in my post, Haywood is way better than Nene defensively and a way better rebounder. It's okay to be jealous.

Dude, STOP

To all the Mavs fans that think this trade, IF IT EVEN HAPPENS, makes us automatically better than the Nuggets and even with the likes of LA please just ****ing STOP.

Dallas has so much to prove it's not even funny. They are sliding as it is, and now they have to get used to new teammates so please, let the damn season play out before we start declaring who is better!

Off to NBA All Star Game activities... peace!

Legitimate
02-13-2010, 04:30 PM
The mavs>>denver....sigh....can we please trade brenden haywood + cash for jose calderon???

Gibby23
02-13-2010, 04:45 PM
No size? Haywood and Dirk are 7 footers lol.

As far as Denver goes...Haywood is a lot better than Nene defensively. He's a better rebounder and shot blocker. Dampier is a better back up then Birdman. I won't even compare Dirk to K-Mart. Melo will have trouble being guarded by 2 of the best defensive small forwards in the NBA in Marion and Butler, Terry > JR Smith, Kidd and Billups have completely different games but advantage obviously goes to Billups for being super clutch. It would be a great series but imo Dallas would beat Denver in 6 or 7.

I still think the Lakers are obviously better just because Kobe is Kobe, but if Dallas falls short of a championship this year they still have a huge 13 million expiring contract in Dampier and Haywood's 6 mil contract expires as well although I would re-sign Haywood if I were Dallas. Dallas could possibly go after Al Jefferson in the offseason and win it all.

If this deal goes through the Mavs are not going to have any money to spend next year even if Damp andHaywood expire. They have Dirk at 21.5 million, Butler at 10.5, Terry at 10.6, Kidd at 8.5, Marion at 7.3, Carrol at 4.3, Najera at 2.8, Beaubois at 1.1, and Stevenson at 4.1 million. That is 70.7 million for next year without Damp and Haywood.

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 04:48 PM
If this deal goes through the Mavs are not going to have any money to spend next year even if Damp andHaywood expire. They have Dirk at 21.5 million, Butler at 10.5, Terry at 10.6, Kidd at 8.5, Marion at 7.3, Carrol at 4.3, Najera at 2.8, Beaubois at 1.1, and Stevenson at 4.1 million. That is 70.7 million for next year without Damp and Haywood.

Dallas is already over the luxary tax, and Cuban obviously doesn't care. Dallas would do a sign and trade in the offseason and keep the same payroll they have. The team they trade with will shed immediate salary without any penalities and Dallas would gain talent in return.

Gibby23
02-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Dallas is already over the luxary tax, and Cuban obviously doesn't care. Dallas would do a sign and trade in the offseason and keep the same payroll they have. The team they trade with will shed immediate salary without any penalities and Dallas would gain talent in return.

The team would shed salary after a year because If Dallas use a player in a sign and trade, Dallas would have to sign the player first then trade him.

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 04:56 PM
The team would shed salary after a year because If Dallas use a player in a sign and trade, Dallas would have to sign the player first then trade him.

The players are already signed, what are you talking about? If Dallas were to trade for lets say Al Jefferson, Minnesota would SIGN him to a deal, and TRADE him to Dallas for Dampier and fillers. Once they get Dampier they immediately waive him and lose 13 mil without any penalities.

Wilson
02-13-2010, 05:04 PM
This has already been posted twice and moved to The Official Trade Deadline Speculation and Rumours Thread (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454914).

Guys, please keep all stories and discussion about potential deals in that thread. There are so many rumours that can spring up that the already packed NBA forum can become overloaded with threads.

If a major deal actually goes through, then by all means start a new thread about it. Until then though, please stick to the Speculation and Rumours thread :)