PDA

View Full Version : A. Stoudemire and J. Richardson to Cavs?

Romo2Bryant
02-12-2010, 11:31 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/cleveland_cavaliers_intensify.html

DALLAS, Texas -- At the moment, All-Star Weekend is turning into an elaborate game of Spy vs. Spy.

The amount of information and disinformation flying around is at a fever pitch as teams jostle for position in escalating trade talks. The Cavaliers, as would be expected, are right in the middle of it.

According to multiple league sources, the Cavs have put their interest in forwards Troy Murphy and Antawn Jamison on the back burner for the moment and are getting serious about a higher-profile name, Phoenix Suns All-Star Amare Stoudemire.

Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry and Suns General Manager Steve Kerr, former teammates and friends who have already collaborated on big deals, met this afternoon in Dallas. Suns owner Robert Sarver and Cavs owner Dan Gilbert are also in town and are on the labor relations committee that met.

Sources indicate the Cavs, who first started talking to the Suns about their high-profile big man last month, are advancing talks to bring him to Cleveland.

It is possible there are discussions that would make it a larger deal. The Arizona Republic reported earlier this week that the Suns were hoping to get a team to take the contract of guard Jason Richardson in addition to Stoudemire to complete any deal. That has been a sticking point in talks with other teams, but it isn't clear whether the Cavs would be willing to swallow such a package.

They have the assets to pull it off if they are able to use Wally Szczerbiak in a sign-and-trade deal and the expiring contract of Zydrunas Ilgauskas. The Suns are also believed to be interested in J.J. Hickson, who has had a breakout sophomore season.

Sources said the Cavs have advanced in discussions with the Pacers as well and could make a deal for Murphy if other deals fall thought. The Cavs still maintain an interest in Jamison and Yahoo! Sports is reporting they are competing with the Boston Celtics to trade for him.

The Wizards, according to multiple reports, appear to be headed for their rebuilding as a deal to send forward Caron Butler to the Dallas Mavericks for guard Josh Howard may be getting close.

But for now, it seems the Cavs have eyes for Stoudemire. It is a stunning situation considering Stoudemire didn't mesh with Shaquille O'Neal last season when both were with the Suns. He's averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds this season. He has one year at $17.6 million left on his contract but can opt out of it and become a free agent.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

I know there's bunch of rumors. But the deal would probably look like this:

Cavs Acquire: Amare Stoudemire and Jason Richardson

Suns Acquire: J.J Hickson, Big Z, Wally, and I think a 1st Round pick.

M.Williams/D. West/D. Gibson
J. Richardson/A. Parker/D. West
L. James/J. Moon/J. Williams
A. Stoudemire/A. Varejao/L. Powe
Shaq/Varejao

GoatMilk
02-12-2010, 11:33 PM
this puts the Pau trade to shame :o

jsumadchat
this is STUPID.... if amare and shaq didnt work last year, why would it be ANY better this time around?

Shady66
If this happens, i may slit my wrists

Romo2Bryant
Even though J.J been looking real good, but let's see him without LeBron.

GoatMilk
02-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Even though J.J been looking real good, but let's see him without LeBron.

he'd have Nash, dont worry about it

JNA17
02-12-2010, 11:36 PM
interesting

arkanian215
02-12-2010, 11:37 PM
they would trade amare and jrich for jj and a low first rounder? that makes no sense.

Romo2Bryant
02-12-2010, 11:37 PM

yeah true.

Jahari Kavi
02-12-2010, 11:38 PM
this is STUPID.... if amare and shaq didnt work last year, why would it be ANY better this time around?

totally different situation..............

Romo2Bryant
02-12-2010, 11:39 PM

This time they both have LeBron. Shaq didn't fit with the Suns system.

GoatMilk
02-12-2010, 11:39 PM
this would guarantee them a title barring injury

they'd sweep the east, then beat the lakers in like 5

Jahari Kavi
02-12-2010, 11:40 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/cleveland_cavaliers_intensify.html

DALLAS, Texas -- At the moment, All-Star Weekend is turning into an elaborate game of Spy vs. Spy.

The amount of information and disinformation flying around is at a fever pitch as teams jostle for position in escalating trade talks. The Cavaliers, as would be expected, are right in the middle of it.

According to multiple league sources, the Cavs have put their interest in forwards Troy Murphy and Antawn Jamison on the back burner for the moment and are getting serious about a higher-profile name, Phoenix Suns All-Star Amare Stoudemire.

Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry and Suns General Manager Steve Kerr, former teammates and friends who have already collaborated on big deals, met this afternoon in Dallas. Suns owner Robert Sarver and Cavs owner Dan Gilbert are also in town and are on the labor relations committee that met.

Sources indicate the Cavs, who first started talking to the Suns about their high-profile big man last month, are advancing talks to bring him to Cleveland.

It is possible there are discussions that would make it a larger deal. The Arizona Republic reported earlier this week that the Suns were hoping to get a team to take the contract of guard Jason Richardson in addition to Stoudemire to complete any deal. That has been a sticking point in talks with other teams, but it isn't clear whether the Cavs would be willing to swallow such a package.

They have the assets to pull it off if they are able to use Wally Szczerbiak in a sign-and-trade deal and the expiring contract of Zydrunas Ilgauskas. The Suns are also believed to be interested in J.J. Hickson, who has had a breakout sophomore season.

Sources said the Cavs have advanced in discussions with the Pacers as well and could make a deal for Murphy if other deals fall thought. The Cavs still maintain an interest in Jamison and Yahoo! Sports is reporting they are competing with the Boston Celtics to trade for him.

The Wizards, according to multiple reports, appear to be headed for their rebuilding as a deal to send forward Caron Butler to the Dallas Mavericks for guard Josh Howard may be getting close.

But for now, it seems the Cavs have eyes for Stoudemire. It is a stunning situation considering Stoudemire didn't mesh with Shaquille O'Neal last season when both were with the Suns. He's averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds this season. He has one year at $17.6 million left on his contract but can opt out of it and become a free agent.

Shaq/Varejao

and Z would probably get bought out.............. either way by the time the deadline is over the mavs and cavs will have made improvements.............

kntresistheheat
02-12-2010, 11:41 PM

That beasley and the 2 first round pick is looking a hole lot better right about now for you huh????

Or

JO 20mil expiring and 2 first round picks:D

stawka
02-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Please don't do it? The Cavs revolve around defense and LeBron's offense. Amare has 0 defense and wants to score. Don't do it!!

kntresistheheat
02-12-2010, 11:43 PM
This time they both have LeBron. Shaq didn't fit with the Suns system.

No, Its was because shaq was clogging the paint

Shady66
02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
That beasley and the 2 first round pick is looking a hole lot better right about now for you huh????

Or

JO 20mil expiring and 2 first round picks:D

man right when i heard about that beasley trade i wanted that to happen
2nd trade u made, NOT SO MUCH haha

Jahari Kavi
02-12-2010, 11:46 PM
this would guarantee them a title barring injury

they'd sweep the east, then beat the lakers in like 5

^^^pretty much my sentiments.....don't sleep on the mavs if they're able to get butler and jamison......they could be dangerous also

GodsSon
02-12-2010, 11:47 PM
If this happens, LeBron = 2010 Finals MVP lol

jsumadchat
02-12-2010, 11:48 PM
although i was referring to the shaq experiment in PHX. do u guys really think amare would be content with 10 shots a night and possibly being a 4th option on certain nights?

kntresistheheat
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
man right when i heard about that beasley trade i wanted that to happen2nd trade u made, NOT SO MUCH haha

Pat riley is a monster of coming up with deals, dont be surprise if this deal does go down.:D

Raps18-19 Champ
If this happens, I see Ilgauskas(He will get bought out though), West(500K buy out), Hickson, Wally, and picks+money for Richardson and Amare.

C-Shaq, Ilgauskas
PF-Amare, Varejao
SF-James, Mon
SG-Richardson, Parker
PG-Williams, Gibson

Then imagine those rumours of Butler, Jamison and Augustine comes around.

C-Perkins, Wallace
PF-Garnett, Jamison
SF-Pierce, Daniels
SG-Butler, T.Allen, House
PG-Rondo, Augustine

The East would be stacked!

BTownTeamsRKing
and people thought trading Ray Allen for Butler and Jamison was a rip off.

this is literally getting NOTHING in return.

kntresistheheat
02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
although i was referring to the shaq experiment in PHX. do u guys really think amare would be content with 10 shots a night and possibly being a 4th option on certain nights?

Exactly!

Raps18-19 Champ
02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
and people thought trading Ray Allen for Butler and Jamison was a rip off.

this is literally getting NOTHING in return.

Hickson and expiring is better than Allen.

Allen is there for half a season.

Hickson has some potential.

So this is better than the Wizards/Celtics trade in the long run.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Hickson and expiring is better than Allen.

Allen is there for half a season.

Hickson has some potential.

So this is better than the Wizards/Celtics trade in the long run.

JJ is a medicro power forward. JR Giddens has as much potential as him.

Romo2Bryant
02-12-2010, 11:57 PM
this is too crazy though haha...

LeBron-Amare-Mo for the next 6-7 years damn.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-12-2010, 11:57 PM
JJ is a medicro power forward. JR Giddens has as much potential as him.

Lol.

No he doesn't.

jsumadchat
02-13-2010, 12:01 AM
JJ is pretty mediocre

Romo2Bryant
02-13-2010, 12:03 AM
JJ is pretty mediocre

haha funny sig... he also touched C. Kaman **** ewww lol

dev0
02-13-2010, 12:05 AM
= the death of the Suns

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Lol.

No he doesn't.

u can find 40 other forwards to do what hickson does. Glen Davis has done more when he started last year in the playoffs.

my point is JJ has basically zero relevance to the deal happening.

Cubsfan365
02-13-2010, 12:09 AM
I think the Bulls' offer for Stoudemire alone is better than what the Cavs are offering for both Amare and Richardson. The Bulls offered Tyrus, Hinrich and 1st round pick for Amare, and the Cavs want both for just Hickson, Ilgauskas, Wally, and a 1st. The Suns get absolutely taken in that deal.

kntresistheheat
02-13-2010, 12:17 AM
I think nash could make Beasley become an allstar, Coach Spo is ruining his career.....As much I dont want to see him leave, I think its best for him.

king4day
02-13-2010, 12:18 AM
If this happens, I see Ilgauskas(He will get bought out though), West(500K buy out), Hickson, Wally, and picks+money for Richardson and Amare.

C-Shaq, Ilgauskas
PF-Amare, Varejao
SF-James, Mon
SG-Richardson, Parker
PG-Williams, Gibson

Then imagine those rumours of Butler, Jamison and Augustine comes around.

C-Perkins, Wallace
PF-Garnett, Jamison
SF-Pierce, Daniels
SG-Butler, T.Allen, House
PG-Rondo, Augustine

The East would be stacked!

I don't think West would be involved, but if he was, the Suns would be dumb to buy him out. We'd have 0 shooting guards outside of barbosa.

PHX2daDEATH
02-13-2010, 12:20 AM

The whole suns fan base would go down like Heaven's gate.. nike cortez and poisoned appled sauce on planet orange.. Thanks Sarver and kerr...

ottograham14
02-13-2010, 12:23 AM
u can find 40 other forwards to do what hickson does. Glen Davis has done more when he started last year in the playoffs.

my point is JJ has basically zero relevance to the deal happening.

Then why do reports say that the Suns are very interested in Hickson and have been since the draft when they were going to draft him but went with Lopez instead cause they knew they needed bigger size when Shaq left.

Keep knocking though Celtics fan. Also the deal has not even happened yet. All rumors so come down stooge.

ottograham14
02-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I think the Bulls' offer for Stoudemire alone is better than what the Cavs are offering for both Amare and Richardson. The Bulls offered Tyrus, Hinrich and 1st round pick for Amare, and the Cavs want both for just Hickson, Ilgauskas, Wally, and a 1st. The Suns get absolutely taken in that deal.

More money being saved by the Cavs deal for one. Also Hickson is just as raw as Tyrus is, so would you rather want a guy who doesn't even play right now or a guy who has had multiple breakout games this year in only his second year, basically first full year playing. Either way still all rumors. Nothing has been inked yet.

KB24PG16
02-13-2010, 12:31 AM
just another rumor lets how many of these big trades actually go through.... how do salaries of amare and jason match up with scrubs+ z's contract match up

Afridi786
02-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Total rape job, Amare/J Rich for JJ, yeah Steve, your one hell of a gm.

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Interesting. Now put this in the Official Trade Deadline Speculations and Rumors Forum with everything else that has been put there today. This should be no exception.

RaysFan
02-13-2010, 12:46 AM

Not even close.

1. PHX doesn't want Hinrich. To them he has negative value.

2. Hickson is better than Thomas in terms of value because he is under control for 3 more years while Thomas is going to be a free agent and look for a big deal.

3. Cleveland is offering to take in Richardson. If that is true then that is the deal-maker.

Aarick
02-13-2010, 12:59 AM
if this were to go through it would have to include future first round picks. lebron might still leave if they win the championship.

JOSKOMANG4
02-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Trades that should happen!

1) Celtics & Knicks

- Knicks acquire SG Ray Allen & 2010 1st rd pick from Celtics in exchanged for PG Nate Robinson, contract of Cuttin mobley, & PF/SF Jared Jefferies.

2) Cavaliers & Rockets

- Cavaliers acquire SG Tracy McGrady from Rockets in exchanged for SG/PG D.West, C Big Z & contract of Wally Z.

3) Nets & T'Wolves

- T'Wolves acquire PG D.Harris from Nets in exchange for rights of Ricky Rubio & C Mark Blount.

4) Clippers & Thunder

- Clippers acquire C/PF E.Thomas & 2010 2nd rd pick from THunder in exchange for C Marcus Camby.

5) Sixers & Pistons

- Pistons acquire SG AI23 & C Sam Dalembart from Sixers in exchange for SP Rip Hamilton , SF T.Prince, & PG W.Bynum.

Jonathan2323
02-13-2010, 01:06 AM
if this trade went down just hand the Cavs the trophy right now.

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 01:09 AM
if this trade went down just hand the Cavs the trophy right now.

I think The Black Mamba, The Big Spaniard, The Zen Master, The Bulldog, The Goods, The A-Train, and The TruWarier have something else in mind.

Nighthawk
02-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Trades that should happen!

1) Celtics & Knicks

- Knicks acquire SG Ray Allen & 2010 1st rd pick from Celtics in exchanged for PG Nate Robinson, contract of Cuttin mobley, & PF/SF Jared Jefferies.

2) Cavaliers & Rockets

- Cavaliers acquire SG Tracy McGrady from Rockets in exchanged for SG/PG D.West, C Big Z & contract of Wally Z.

3) Nets & T'Wolves

- T'Wolves acquire PG D.Harris from Nets in exchange for rights of Ricky Rubio & C Mark Blount.

4) Clippers & Thunder

- Clippers acquire C/PF E.Thomas & 2010 2nd rd pick from THunder in exchange for C Marcus Camby.

5) Sixers & Pistons

- Pistons acquire SG AI23 & C Sam Dalembart from Sixers in exchange for SP Rip Hamilton , SF T.Prince, & PG W.Bynum.

lol why would Celtics waste ray and his juicry expiring AND a first round pick(when we cleary need youth) by trading for a VERY under sized backup pg (although mighty explosive) , Mobley (is he even playing) and an overpaid scrub in jeffries? Ainge should be shot if this goes down. thats FAAR from the spark the C's need. That trade does nothing but push the celts back more in the standings

Trouble87
saves Phx cash and gives them room to rebuild

Jahari Kavi
I think The Black Mamba, The Big Spaniard, The Zen Master, The Bulldog, The Goods, The A-Train, and The TruWarier have something else in mind.

yeah...and that is making a trade to improve...............

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 01:14 AM
yeah...and that is making a trade to improve...............

Nope, just to get healthy and ready to open up one of the big can of whooparses in the history of NBA POSTSEASON EN ROUTE TO A CHAMPIONSHIP REEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!

HouRealCoach
02-13-2010, 01:15 AM
If Cavs do this they will have to become a Up-Tempo offense and they have Moon, Varejao, West, Shaq, & Lebron. They arent loosing any defense

Shaq/ Ilgauskas(Assuming he is bought out)/ Jackson
Amare/ Varejao/ Powe
LeBron/ Williams/ Moon
Parker/ Richardson
Williams/ West/ Gibson

LeBRon is promised a ring with this lineup

Jahari Kavi
02-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Nope, just to get healthy and ready to open up one of the big can of whooparses in the history of NBA POSTSEASON EN ROUTE TO A CHAMPIONSHIP REEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!

for the lakers sake, I hope Jerry Buss doesn't have the same mind frame..........if any of these trades go down the lakers would make some kind of move to improve their roster............

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 01:25 AM
for the lakers sake, I hope Jerry Buss doesn't have the same mind frame..........if any of these trades go down the lakers would make some kind of move to improve their roster............

you do know that everyone is making moves to "try" to compete with the lakers. Every thought out move by these elite teams is not to "get better" for the sake of getting better....it's to combat the players that the Lakers have. Trying to get size to overcome the Bynum-Gasol-Odom trio, trying to get more offensive weapons out on the perimeter when you have defenders like Kobe and Ron, trying to strengthen their benches to match up to LA's bench, trying to get wing defenders to try to guard the great Kobe Bryant. It's all systematic bro, and that's exactly what the Suns, Mavs and other teams were doing two yrs ago (2008 NBA Trade Deadline), when the Lakers acquired Gasol on Feb. 1 2008, and that was simply to match up to the trade that the Lakers had just made.

Lakers are the defending champs. Everyone else is changing the dynamics of their teams, breaking up "Big 3s", experimenting with 2 big guys who failed to have any chemistry on the court on a previous team....and that's simply because the Lakers are concentrating on getting healthier and ready for the postseason and while everybody else is either trying to save money and leave the country or are simply just ******** in their pants.

B.JenningsMVP
02-13-2010, 01:32 AM
wow

Jahari Kavi
02-13-2010, 01:44 AM
you do know that everyone is making moves to "try" to compete with the lakers.

you do know that the cavs stomped u once on your home floor with their current squad and then beat you again without 2 of their main role players??...you do know that this trade would basically mean J Rich and Amare for Hickson???.....don't let confidence turn into stupidity....i'm sure the lakers front office won't make that mistake.....

Ty Fast
02-13-2010, 01:49 AM
if the suns do this could they be players in free agency this summer?

Blackification
02-13-2010, 01:52 AM

He gets around 10-12 shots a night in phoenix right now and they are fighting for a playoff spot. I'm sure he won't mind getting around 10 shots and going for a championship with lebron.

Chronz
02-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Shaq and Amare didnt work out? Thats news to me, I couldve swore they were both All-Stars and that it was their sluggish pace that hurt Amares game more than anything. Besides this is BRON people, do you really think he would say no to having more talent considering the trash (relatively speaking) hes carried?

Jahari Kavi
02-13-2010, 02:02 AM
if the suns do this could they be players in free agency this summer?

nah...they would have the money, but who would want to go and play with an aging nash and a bunch of role players????

JJ_JKidd
02-13-2010, 02:03 AM

Shaq/Varejao

If this goes through, Nash should go to the Lake Show! That Suns team is gonna be the West version of the Nets IMHO if that deal happens.

Silent
02-13-2010, 02:03 AM

no **** and i thought the lakers were the only team that gets away with
high way robbery.

ldc62
02-13-2010, 04:30 AM
I hope this does happen!!! On paper or in a video game, this trade puts the Cavs over the top... but they are getting one of the most overrated PF in the NBA (If you look at his highlights, its always Nash giving him a great lead pass). I'm pretty sure a Sumo Wrestler could move his feet better than this guy... doesn't shuffle when hes playing D because he assumes he can use his athletic ability. He really coulda used a year of college. If this trade happens, I can guarantee the Cavs won't be winning #### this year.

saves Phx cash and gives them room to rebuild
WTH happened to the Suns that use to win 50+ games with ease... What has Kerr done? He had to mess with Bryan C. roster, just to leave his mark... now he looks like an imbecile.

lakerboy
02-13-2010, 05:03 AM
Steve Kerr is ****ing it up for everybody

Shady66
02-13-2010, 05:17 AM
This thread is making me depressed lol

I actually want us to keep amare, but if we dont trade him, he will prolly leave because of all the trade talks he was in lol.

BUT if he were to be traded, I would want SOMETHING in return. Not some BS offer like this.

Id like beasley or even Tyrus thomas on the suns roster.
better than ****ing Hickson.

thapharcyd
02-13-2010, 06:03 AM
Suns w/Jrich<Suns w/out Jrich.... Dumping Jrich is a HUGE plus... If Suns keep Amare and he walks they get NOTHING... So Hickson is SOMETHING and they dump JRich salary.... This is the best the Suns can do to have significant cap room this summer.

I prefer 76ers or Heat trade though.

frankp
02-13-2010, 06:10 AM
impossible not going to happen.
I think the suns r smarter and will take a beat offer out there no way does clevland get amare they dont have enough pieces. My top teams to get amare are in this order ..........

1 phi offer andre igudola
2. mia beasly
3. bulls tyrus draft picks maybe deng

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Suns w/Jrich<Suns w/out Jrich.... Dumping Jrich is a HUGE plus... If Suns keep Amare and he walks they get NOTHING... So Hickson is SOMETHING and they dump JRich salary.... This is the best the Suns can do to have significant cap room this summer.

I prefer 76ers or Heat trade though.

ferry and kerr are good ole pals and former spurs teammates, they won a title together in 2003.

i think this trade will happen, and i think hickson is a very good player who is very promising. Amare is a stiff and gets inflated offensive numbers thanx to Nash. Yes, Lebron is good passer, but in crunch time, Amare always comes up short shooting less than 50% from the field, scoring less than 20 pts in big games, disapprearing in key moments, and barely grabbing 6 rebounds for a guy his size and athleticism. And he's a lazy defender, so i dunno if this is a good move for the suns or a bad move for cavs, lol

TheKing23
02-13-2010, 07:01 AM
you do know that everyone is making moves to "try" to compete with the lakers. Every thought out move by these elite teams is not to "get better" for the sake of getting better....it's to combat the players that the Lakers have. Trying to get size to overcome the Bynum-Gasol-Odom trio, trying to get more offensive weapons out on the perimeter when you have defenders like Kobe and Ron, trying to strengthen their benches to match up to LA's bench, trying to get wing defenders to try to guard the great Kobe Bryant. It's all systematic bro, and that's exactly what the Suns, Mavs and other teams were doing two yrs ago (2008 NBA Trade Deadline), when the Lakers acquired Gasol on Feb. 1 2008, and that was simply to match up to the trade that the Lakers had just made.

Lakers are the defending champs. Everyone else is changing the dynamics of their teams, breaking up "Big 3s", experimenting with 2 big guys who failed to have any chemistry on the court on a previous team....and that's simply because the Lakers are concentrating on getting healthier and ready for the postseason and while everybody else is either trying to save money and leave the country or are simply just ******** in their pants.

Dude, you do realize we don't need to do anything to "try" and compete with the Lakers. We beat you twice this season, once on your home floor and then without our second best player. Shaq, Z and Andy have all exposed the weaknesses of your big men. Judging from the regular season, it's the Lakers that need to make a move before you go on this "dominant postseason run" you keep jabbing on about... Oh yeah, LA's bench? Odom and who? Farmar and Brown? Give it a rest...

I hope this does happen!!! On paper or in a video game, this trade puts the Cavs over the top... but they are getting one of the most overrated PF in the NBA (If you look at his highlights, its always Nash giving him a great lead pass). I'm pretty sure a Sumo Wrestler could move his feet better than this guy... doesn't shuffle when hes playing D because he assumes he can use his athletic ability. He really coulda used a year of college. If this trade happens, I can guarantee the Cavs won't be winning #### this year.

WTH happened to the Suns that use to win 50+ games with ease... What has Kerr done? He had to mess with Bryan C. roster, just to leave his mark... now he looks like an imbecile.

It's funny how it's only Laker fans coming in here saying this doesn't put the Cavs over the top... Everyone else can clearly see adding Amar'e and J-Rich (if that's the case) for practically JJ Hickson (Big Z would get bought out and return to the Cavs) put's them over the top. LeBron would get his first LEGIT all-star and adding any all-star to the best player in the league is dangerous.

Sounds like the Fakers are scared...

DCB/LAL
02-13-2010, 07:21 AM
This is PERFECT!! :clap:

If Nash couldn't get Amare and Shaq to work NOBODY will this will be PERFECT!! :D

Duncan = Donkey
02-13-2010, 08:44 AM
what a terrible rumour, lol.

1. Its from a CLEVELAND newspaper
2. theres no actual quote from their 'sources'
3. the trade itself seems to favour cleveland a bit too much.

- why does this rumour get its own thread??? ive seen hunderds of rumours about amare and i dont post every one i see.

prodigy
02-13-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure about Stoudemire. He would cost A LOT. A guy like Murphy would be more fitting.

1. He can shoot.

2. Can rebound.

3. Not a very good defender but still better then Stoudemire and Jamison.

4. Really good guy. Would not cause problems or demand the ball Like Stoudemire could.

But then again, If cavs got Stoudemire I would not complain.

lavilevi23
02-13-2010, 08:58 AM
The Suns would be the dumbest team in NBA history to make this trade over the Beasley trade.

yankkiller
02-13-2010, 09:32 AM

Amare replaces Shaq after this season, so they are looking towards the future

prodigy
02-13-2010, 09:40 AM
If Nash couldn't get Amare and Shaq to work NOBODY will this will be PERFECT!! :D

Stoudemire averaged 21 pts 8 boards 2 assits last season. So its not like him and Shaq sucked together. Plus Shaq only plays little over 20min a game.

Tblaze
02-13-2010, 09:49 AM
I think this wouldn't work out as well for Cleveland as it looks on paper.
Offensively they haven't struggled that much and inserting both J-Rich and Amare will sure bring the defense down BIGTIME.

TheKing23
02-13-2010, 10:03 AM

Another typical Laker fan that can only see their own obscured point of view...

I love the fact people say they didn't "work". They finished 46-36, which would've been good enough for 5th in the East. Amar'e missed 29 games and still finished with averages of 21.4 ppg, 8.1 rpg and 53% shooting. Shaq had one of his best seasons in years averaging 17.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg and 61% shooting... How can anyone say they didn't work together? But let's look pass the stats.

Shaq didn't work well in an uptempo offense, that is clear for anyone to see. Nobody has seen Shaq and Amar'e in a slowed down, half court set offense. Take into account Amar'e would probably see most of his playing time alongside Anderson Varejao not Shaq and I really don't see why this wouldn't improve the Cavs tenfold. It's good planning for the future as this is the Cavs last chance of bringing any help in for LeBron before the free agency. Amar'e can get a max contract and more money than if he choose to leave as a free agent and LeBron gets his first LEGIT all-star to build a dynasty with, keeping him in Cleveland.

Perfect, eh? Maybe not for your Lakers but for the Cavs it could be :D

chicagocubsfan
02-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Bulls need to get on this, we could offer a much better package.

The Jokemaker
02-13-2010, 10:38 AM
If the cavs can pull this off good for them. It'd be interesting to see how it would affec Lebron's decision to stay and if they could win the title this year.

The most glaring aspect of the trade is how far the suns have fallen. They were one of the elite a few years ago and now theyre just trading all their best players away. It looks like Steve Kerr is just excited about trading and going to trade everybody just for fun. Sad turn of events for phoenix.

Jahari Kavi
02-13-2010, 11:45 AM

Amare was an allstar caliber player before Nash....and if Nash can set him up then I'm sure lebron wouldn't have a problem doing the same................

Jahari Kavi
02-13-2010, 11:48 AM
I think this wouldn't work out as well for Cleveland as it looks on paper.
Offensively they haven't struggled that much and inserting both J-Rich and Amare will sure bring the defense down BIGTIME.

my guess J Rich would come off the bench....and although Amare has never been a great defender, it isn't like JJ Hickson is Dikembe Mutumbo down low..........basically an even trade defensively...........

STAT32
02-13-2010, 11:51 AM
my guess J Rich would come off the bench....and although Amare has never been a great defender, it isn't like JJ Hickson is Dikembe Mutumbo down low..........basically an even trade defensively...........

FML, that quote right there scares the living **** out of me. So we trade away a guy with no defense but great offense for a guy who can't create his own shot, is a bad shooter, and is basically Robin Lopez on offense. That's just fan-flucking-tastic.....

bigsams50
02-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Man, thinking about STAT and J-Rich in Clev. with Lebron is just scary

#1Mavericksfan
02-13-2010, 11:59 AM
The Cavs want Richardson too I thought they just wanted Amare?.....if the Cavs get both thoes guys then the Cavs just might be sitting in the Finals waiting to see who comes out of the west.

xxxplicit69
02-13-2010, 12:22 PM
if jrich and amare were on the same team with lebron and shaq it would be over. i would trade hickson, parker and or moon, big Z, and possibly a draft pick.

and the whole shaq and amare thing, shaq is not playing many minutes here and their roles are different in terms as the cavs have lebron james, phoenix doesnt. also phoenix doesnt play the half court game that cleveland plays. and amare and shaq works out way better than any PF cleveland has along with shaq. also when shaq sits out amare can play the 5.

its a nice headache to have trying to figure out how to utilize a surplus of talent. this team could compete with the lakers star studded cast.

kntresistheheat
02-13-2010, 12:23 PM
The Cavs want Richardson too I thought they just wanted Amare?.....if the Cavs get both thoes guys then the Cavs just might be sitting in the Finals waiting to see who comes out of the west.

I have read some reports saying that richardson might be the deal breaker:confused:

xxxplicit69
02-13-2010, 12:23 PM
lebron could easily get that triple double avg now cuz he would drop 10+ dimes per game with this squad.

xxxplicit69
02-13-2010, 12:26 PM

yeah we need help. if bosh goes to miami, wade stays. lebron stays for sure anyway but definitely if they get amare. and JJ mentioned he wants to resign with the Hawks, so we are pretty much assed out as bulls fans. mediocracy is renewing the lease. there's no way the bulls can compete with these potential super teams.

KnicksorBust
02-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Phoenix is just a few games away from being the #3 seed. Why blow it up?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Imagine Bron and Amare getting alley oops all day.

They also have Moon and Richardson who are both amazing flyer.

If they had a true PG, they would be giving alleys all day.

BkOriginalOne
02-13-2010, 12:43 PM
one of the biggest rapes if it goes down.

TheKing23
02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
I think Jason Richardson is the deal breaker because the Suns want him off their books. The Cavs don't necessarily want him, but if it involves taking him to get Amar'e, i'm sure the front office would absorb his contract.

BULLS/SKINS
02-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Amare should become a Chicago Bull.......D.Rose will dominate with him

NYtilIdie
02-13-2010, 12:54 PM

I love the fact people say they didn't "work". They finished 46-36, which would've been good enough for 5th in the East. Amar'e missed 29 games and still finished with averages of 21.4 ppg, 8.1 rpg and 53% shooting. Shaq had one of his best seasons in years averaging 17.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg and 61% shooting... How can anyone say they didn't work together? But let's look pass the stats.

Shaq didn't work well in an uptempo offense, that is clear for anyone to see. Nobody has seen Shaq and Amar'e in a slowed down, half court set offense. Take into account Amar'e would probably see most of his playing time alongside Anderson Varejao not Shaq and I really don't see why this wouldn't improve the Cavs tenfold. It's good planning for the future as this is the Cavs last chance of bringing any help in for LeBron before the free agency. Amar'e can get a max contract and more money than if he choose to leave as a free agent and LeBron gets his first LEGIT all-star to build a dynasty with, keeping him in Cleveland.

Thats what I was saying in the Cavs forum about this trade. People said just because it didn't work in PHX means it won't work in CLE are completely idiotic. If you notice Shaq gets about 20 mins (depending how quick he gets in foul trouble) a night so Amare would most likely be playing along side Andy and Z for most of the time and he should have no problem driving in the lane with them in.

NYtilIdie
02-13-2010, 12:57 PM

Oh you mean that guy Bulls fans call a virus and a with a player with a bad contract?

PHX is trying to create space not take on horrible contracts and bury themselves into a deeper hole.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Amare should become a Chicago Bull.......D.Rose will dominate with him

D-Rose will dominate. Stoudemire = overrated player on any team not the Phoenix Suns in my opinion. With Nash, he should've become a better defensive player and work on the rest of his game. He hasn't improved in any aspect of the game. The guy can't even average 10 rebounds for a season. This guy is not even a 20-10 guy, and haven't even averaged that in any point in his career. The thing as well, in no point of his career with Phoenix has he played with a more dominating big than himself on the team. Even Shaq was a failure in Phoenix.

D-Rose will dominate cuz he's got someone down low to take up space and spread the floor. Amare will take some pressure and get the double-team on him, allowing the floor to be open for Rose to do his thing.

I'm not sure Amare will bring the Bulls to the next level though. Bulls are a good rebounding team, but you add an average rebounder and average defender in Stoudemire. You need the dominate defensive center if you guys add Stoudemire.

KnicksorBust
02-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Who blows up a team that's 9 games over .500 at the All-Star break and right in the hunt for #3 seed for JJ Hickson and table scraps? Nice job Steve Kerr.

bigsams50
02-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Who blows up a team that's 9 games over .500 at the All-Star break and right in the hunt for #3 seed for JJ Hickson and table scraps? Nice job Steve Kerr.

Maybe they just realize they arnt gonna win it all anytime soon so its just better to start over :shrug:

dodie53
02-13-2010, 01:06 PM
is that it Kerr?

ldc62
02-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Dude, you do realize we don't need to do anything to "try" and compete with the Lakers. We beat you twice this season, once on your home floor and then without our second best player. Shaq, Z and Andy have all exposed the weaknesses of your big men. Judging from the regular season, it's the Lakers that need to make a move before you go on this "dominant postseason run" you keep jabbing on about... Oh yeah, LA's bench? Odom and who? Farmar and Brown? Give it a rest...

It's funny how it's only Laker fans coming in here saying this doesn't put the Cavs over the top... Everyone else can clearly see adding Amar'e and J-Rich (if that's the case) for practically JJ Hickson (Big Z would get bought out and return to the Cavs) put's them over the top. LeBron would get his first LEGIT all-star and adding any all-star to the best player in the league is dangerous.

Sounds like the Fakers are scared...

Like I said.. this trade won't make the Cavs better. So why would I be scared? I can bet that they won't win it all this year.

bigsams50
02-13-2010, 01:09 PM
How does this trade not make the Cavs better? Amare is way better than Hickson, and J-Rich is another legit scoring threat

29$JerZ
02-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Just about every team can offer a better package then what the Cavs will offer.
Kerr really is a terrible GM if this goes down.

Punkindrublic03
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM

Seriously.

Kakaroach
02-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Kerr is the worst GM ever. And this move would seal it for me. You could get sooooo much more for Amare. Even though J. Rich has a nasty contract too, I think you could still get more for those 2 than JJ and a first.

Romo2Bryant
02-13-2010, 01:22 PM

:clap:

ManRam
02-13-2010, 01:24 PM
I used to be one who though the Cavs needed something else to win a title. I've changed my mind watching them over the past few months. The chemistry that team has is off the charts. Their team play is the best I've seen from any team in a very long time. I think a big move could potentially hurt the team, even if it is a talent upgrade.

They might not be the world's most talented group of players, but they get it done, and play hard every night and win as a team. I really think they are best off if they don't make a move.

Romo2Bryant
02-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Like I said.. this trade won't make the Cavs better. So why would I be scared? I can bet that they won't win it all this year.

Nice sig man..

TheKing23
02-13-2010, 01:37 PM

Care to explain why you think this? And why you would bet on the Cavs winning it all, especially after beating the defending champions twice...?

KnicksorBust
02-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I used to be one who though the Cavs needed something else to win a title. I've changed my mind watching them over the past few months. The chemistry that team has is off the charts. Their team play is the best I've seen from any team in a very long time. I think a big move could potentially hurt the team, even if it is a talent upgrade.

They might not be the world's most talented group of players, but they get it done, and play hard every night and win as a team. I really think they are best off if they don't make a move.

But couldn't we have said this last year? Then they ran into a more talented Magic team and it was season over.

ManRam
02-13-2010, 01:55 PM
But couldn't we have said this last year? Then they ran into a more talented Magic team and it was season over.

They are without a shadow of doubt a much better team this year than last year. The matchup advantages we had verse them last year are basically all gone with Shaq there, Hedo gone, and Hickson emerging.

I do think they could easily run into a more talented team and lose, I just would take the chance and hope you can win with what you have if I'm Cleveland right now.

thedfactor
02-13-2010, 02:02 PM
The only way the Suns would be okay with this trade is by also getting at least two first round draft picks, otherwise I say no way.

Romo2Bryant
02-13-2010, 02:09 PM
The only way the Suns would be okay with this trade is by also getting at least two first round draft picks, otherwise I say no way.

what are two 1st round gonna do? lol. I'm pretty sure there not going to be a lottery pick unless LeBron get's hurt for the season.

Derick713
02-13-2010, 02:21 PM
The Cavs have more things going for it than the Heat. The Cavs could take back Jason Richardson and give up a 1st Round Pick. The Cavs also have a young player that the Suns covet in JJ Hickson. Steve Kerr likes him better than Beasley.

THE ONLY WAY KERR DOES DEAL-

CAVS GET-
Amare Stoudemire
Jason Richardson

SUNS GET-
2010 1st Round Pick
2012 1st Round Pick
JJ Hickson
Wally Szczerbiak- Sign and Trade for 8 Million
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Delonte West

NYK_kidd77
02-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Anyone saying this trade doesn't put cleveland over the top is just kidding themselves.

Skylander14
02-13-2010, 02:45 PM
I like the deal for both teams, Phx gets tons of cap relief which their owner would love and a young pf who looks like he could be a stud down the road, and a pick possibly. for the cavs its pretty obvious besides upgrading the squad it gives lebron more incentive to stay.

Vinny642
02-13-2010, 02:49 PM
What is with these borderline playoff teams trading their best player(s) for nothing to a team with already great players???

Vinny642
02-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Anyone saying this trade doesn't put cleveland over the top is just kidding themselves.

they are already over the top, wtf I hate how people think the Lakers are light years in front of people, they may be the best team, but the Cavs are right there, it would be a competitive series between them. Then if they get this trade, yeah they are better than the Lakers.

CowboysKB24
02-13-2010, 02:54 PM
What is with these borderline playoff teams trading their best player(s) for nothing to a team with already great players???

It is all fixed my friend.

Vinny642
02-13-2010, 02:58 PM
It is all fixed my friend.

LOL Did you change anything?

ManRam
02-13-2010, 03:02 PM
LOL Did you change anything?

He's saying the league is fixed.

I'm currently laughing at him.

Vinny642
02-13-2010, 03:05 PM
He's saying the league is fixed.

I'm currently laughing at him.

o0o lol my bad...
Its not fixed though

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 03:07 PM
The Cavs would be a dynasty if this were to happen. 2 superstars in Lebron and Stoudemire + great role players in Richardson and Williams.

mrblisterdundee
02-13-2010, 03:11 PM
If I were the Suns, I would demand Verajao instead of Ilgauskas. That would equal Verajao, Hickson, and Wally for Amare and Richardson. That sounds like a fair deal for a team that would be the best in the league afterwards (Cleveland).

Vinny642
02-13-2010, 03:12 PM
The Cavs would be a dynasty if this were to happen. 2 superstars in Lebron and Stoudemire + great role players in Richardson and Williams.

Cavs have two superstar if they get this done?? Who, Lebron and????
Not Amare, just because he can score and plays NO defense doesnt make him a superstar.

NYK_kidd77
02-13-2010, 03:19 PM
they are already over the top, wtf I hate how people think the Lakers are light years in front of people, they may be the best team, but the Cavs are right there, it would be a competitive series between them. Then if they get this trade, yeah they are better than the Lakers.

um I really dont think the lakers are light years in front of the cavs never have said that ever i was just pointing out the fact that if this trade goes through the cavs are the best team imo.

wayneo11
02-13-2010, 03:21 PM
lol!!! that is so true

wayneo11
02-13-2010, 03:23 PM
lol!!! that is so true

Vinny642
02-13-2010, 03:24 PM
um I really dont think the lakers are light years in front of the cavs never have said that ever i was just pointing out the fact that if this trade goes through the cavs are the best team imo.

that wasn't meant towards you, it was meant toward every poster, analyst, gm or whatever who says that the Cavs need to make a move to put them over the top

WITZ
02-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Stoudemire averaged 21 pts 8 boards 2 assits last season. So its not like him and Shaq sucked together. Plus Shaq only plays little over 20min a game.

I hate how people say shaq-stat didn't work amare averaged 21-8 on 56% shooting shaq put up 18-8 on 64% shooting looks like a failure to me..... seems like laker fans are panicking and trying to make it sound like a bad deal :facepalm:

NYK_kidd77
02-13-2010, 03:29 PM
that wasn't meant towards you, it was meant toward every poster, analyst, gm or whatever who says that the Cavs need to make a move to put them over the top

Ok sorry thought it was lol. But yeah i agree with you completely the Cavs can compete with anyone even without this trade going through.

Jonathan2323
02-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Privately, Stoudemire’s preferred destination is the Miami Heat, where he could pair with superstar Dwyane Wade(notes) in a far more warmer climate.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-stoudemirecavs021310&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

we could just sign him for free in the summer.

Mavrix
02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-stoudemirecavs021310&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Lol @ the use of "free".

MTar786
02-13-2010, 03:35 PM
if this trade goes down then la should be able to trade bynum and ammo for dwight and boston should be able to trade ray allen and tony allen for dwade lol. id understand cleveland trading jj, big z and a 1st for amare. that would be big enough of a lopsided trade. jrich as an addition is WAY too lopsided.

DCB/LAL
02-13-2010, 03:36 PM
If this trade happens it would make it even more possible for them to lose to the Bobcats.

WITZ
02-13-2010, 03:36 PM

If they win the Ship ,he isn't going to a rebuilding team

Jonathan2323
02-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Lol @ the use of "free".

im glad you got a chuckle. I meant we dont have to give up Beasley and a pick.

Shady66
02-13-2010, 03:43 PM
im glad you got a chuckle. I meant we dont have to give up Beasley and a pick.

Just do it anyways :)

ko8e24
02-13-2010, 04:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4911348

The Cavaliers have been in touch for weeks with the Phoenix Suns about a possible deal that would bring Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, but several other teams' chances of landing the five-time All-Star forward are just as good, a person close to the talks told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Saturday.

Phoenix is seeking legitimate talent in return for Stoudemire and won't trade him strictly as a means for dumping salary, the source told Broussard.

The Suns aren't totally committed to trading Stoudemire, and he could easily remain with them past the Feb. 18 trade deadline.

In fact, the Suns are insisting they get back a young player and a first-round pick in any deal for Stoudemire, so Cavaliers power forward J.J. Hickson would almost certainly have to be part of the deal, sources familiar with the talks told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

The Plain Dealer of Cleveland reported Friday that the Cavaliers were in negotiations to acquire Stoudemire, citing multiple league sources.

The report confirmed a Friday afternoon meeting between Cavs general manager Danny Ferry and Suns GM Steve Kerr in Dallas.

Stoudemire is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds on the season for the 31-22 Suns.

rick66ankiel24
02-13-2010, 04:10 PM

thats exactly what i was thinking.. they would be crazy with that squad

Shady66
02-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Kerr said he wanted young talent and wouldnt just trade for cap space.

but then again, its steve kerr

iggypop123
02-13-2010, 05:08 PM
lol stern is putting in the call again, why does he hate the lakers now? :(

AI4MVP
02-13-2010, 05:24 PM
if this goes down then this is the absolute downfall of the lakers

MJ-BULLS
02-13-2010, 05:26 PM
i dont think stat and shaq again will be a good fit, it didn't work out PHX.

cmstophe
02-13-2010, 05:36 PM
This won't happen..and Im a Cavs fan, but I'd like it to.

If Kerr wants "young talent" give them Hickson. Period. Dont even hesitate.

JordansBulls
02-13-2010, 05:54 PM

The Cavaliers have been in touch for weeks with the Phoenix Suns about a possible deal that would bring Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, but several other teams' chances of landing the five-time All-Star forward are just as good, a person close to the talks told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Saturday.

Phoenix is seeking legitimate talent in return for Stoudemire and won't trade him strictly as a means for dumping salary, the source told Broussard.

The Suns aren't totally committed to trading Stoudemire, and he could easily remain with them past the Feb. 18 trade deadline.

In fact, the Suns are insisting they get back a young player and a first-round pick in any deal for Stoudemire, so Cavaliers power forward J.J. Hickson would almost certainly have to be part of the deal, sources familiar with the talks told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

The Plain Dealer of Cleveland reported Friday that the Cavaliers were in negotiations to acquire Stoudemire, citing multiple league sources.

The report confirmed a Friday afternoon meeting between Cavs general manager Danny Ferry and Suns GM Steve Kerr in Dallas.

Stoudemire is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds on the season for the 31-22 Suns.

We will give them Deng and Tyrus for Amare

Shady66
02-13-2010, 06:02 PM

Looks like gold compared to the cleveland trade

OnslaughtXX6
02-13-2010, 06:04 PM
I don't understand why Kerr would want anything Cleveland is offering. He can get a much better deal with another team.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't understand why Kerr would want anything Cleveland is offering. He can get a much better deal with another team.

i just don't see Amare helping the Cavs. Amare needs space to operate but Shaq is right there. and plus, amare loves to have the ball in his hands. It didn't work in Phoenix, its not going to work in Cleveland. In phoenix, you even had the better ball distributor in Nash and it still didn't work b/c there simply no room to operate. If this goes down, Cleveland gets weaker via chemistry and floor spacing. But hey, the Cavs would look great on paper.

iggypop123
02-13-2010, 06:23 PM
lol get deng back after they had him orignally. that is a nice deal for the suns if true. much better than hickson

Gibby23
02-13-2010, 06:26 PM
i just don't see Amare helping the Cavs. Amare needs space to operate but Shaq is right there. and plus, amare loves to have the ball in his hands. It didn't work in Phoenix, its not going to work in Cleveland. In phoenix, you even had the better ball distributor in Nash and it still didn't work b/c there simply no room to operate. If this goes down, Cleveland gets weaker via chemistry and floor spacing. But hey, the Cavs would look great on paper.

If they have to, they can put Amare at C and Varejao at PF. They would work great together.

Romo2Bryant
02-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Damn 11 pages haha.

jskeet23
02-13-2010, 06:56 PM
this is too crazy though haha...

LeBron-Amare-Mo for the next 6-7 years damn.
he wont resign wit them plus its a wack city hes from FLORIDA he is not goin to live in that cold weather

jskeet23
02-13-2010, 07:03 PM

thats more better than theses bums the cavs giving up jj hickson will be out the nba in 2 years

TheKing23
02-13-2010, 08:03 PM
he wont resign wit them plus its a wack city hes from FLORIDA he is not goin to live in that cold weather

thats more better than theses bums the cavs giving up jj hickson will be out the nba in 2 years

What a fountain of NBA knowledge you are... :facepalm:

AZCardsFan
02-13-2010, 08:18 PM
If Amare goes to the Cavs, I will do everything in my power to get Kerr and Sarver fired.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Bargnani for Amare.

braveniler58
02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
There is NO ****ING WAY Kerr is stupid enough to do this deal. No way. If he is, expect him to be fired within a week.

AI4MVP
02-13-2010, 08:52 PM
There is NO ****ING WAY Kerr is stupid enough to do this deal. No way. If he is, expect him to be fired within a week.

fired by who? the only guy who can firehim is sarver. and sarver even more of an idiot and is prolly loving this salary dump of deal

Mr.G
02-13-2010, 09:14 PM
they would trade amare and jrich for jj and a low first rounder? that makes no sense.

If they're convinced Amare won't re-sign with em', why wouldn't it make sense?

AZCardsFan
02-13-2010, 09:15 PM
If they're convinced Amare won't re-sign with em', why wouldn't it make sense?

Because there are better offers out there?

iggypop123
02-13-2010, 09:17 PM
the bulls can destroy any package the cavs can offer. all hickson does is dunk the balls lebron sets him up with, otherwise he does nothing. on a suns team he cant play 1 on 1.

SunsBearsfan
02-13-2010, 09:38 PM
steve kerr does it again! another trade that makes people wonder if he is truly trying to screw phx up completely. shaq for marion? diaw and bell for jrich? and now amare and jrich for a low 1st rd pick and a couple backup players? seriously? i cant believe these kind of trades can go through since they are completely unfair...this move will give kerr and sarvar 1 and 2 in the most hated people by phx fans.

Duncan = Donkey
02-13-2010, 09:47 PM

i seriousley doubt kerr would be pushing for this trade.

if this rumour is legit, you can almost guarentee its sarver who would be pushing for it, cause he wants to cuts salary as much as he can.

Duncan = Donkey
02-13-2010, 09:53 PM
steve kerr does it again! another trade that makes people wonder if he is truly trying to screw phx up completely. shaq for marion? diaw and bell for jrich? and now amare and jrich for a low 1st rd pick and a couple backup players? seriously? i cant believe these kind of trades can go through since they are completely unfair...this move will give kerr and sarvar 1 and 2 in the most hated people by phx fans.

shaq for amrion was the right deal, marion wanted way too much money for his next contract and apparently he wasnt the best locker room guy.

diaw and bell for j rich AND Dudley. this was a good trade. We got rid of Doris and his bad contract and Got an absolute steal in Dudley, J Rich although he hasnt flourished he will be a great tarde asset nest season(big expiring).

the trade probaly wont even happen, remember its just a rumour

CowboysKB24
02-13-2010, 10:44 PM
I just read on ESPN.COM that there is multiple teams trying to get Amare. Suns aren't going to trade him for just an expiring contract. They aren't totally committed to trading Amare and may even keep him. They want a great deal to come there way.

cmstophe
02-14-2010, 12:02 AM

true, no reason Amare would want to stay with a perennial title contender and win rings with the best player in the NBA.

dwadefan03
02-14-2010, 12:25 AM
the best offer out there is the one theyre ignoring.

all homerism aside, i think mia has put the best offer on the table. they get young,cheap talent in micheal beasley, who would work great in thier system, some fillers like qrich and cook who are both shooters again they both fit well in the system, and a mid-first rounder.
and any other trade offer is basically insignificant, if kerr was smart hed pull the trigger on this deal

philly has offered iggy/dalembert- suns are looking to get rid of salary, not add it on and iggy isnt a shooter and wouldnt fit to well with the suns

cavs offer as many of you agree just plain sucks

iggypop123
02-14-2010, 12:30 AM
what is Miami's offer? cause if its an expiring and beasley id take that in a second compared to whatever cle offers. i think the only quesiton would be kerr trying to bargain a 1st rounder out of the heat.

slack_justin
02-14-2010, 12:32 AM
as a pistons fan i would give hamilton and daye or bynum, and a first next year and a second this year

itsripcity32
02-14-2010, 12:34 AM
not happening. lol some of u guys are so funny believing that this would even have a shot at going through. cavs dont have anything to offer.

Jonathan2323
02-14-2010, 12:34 AM
what is Miami's offer? cause if its an expiring and beasley id take that in a second compared to whatever cle offers. i think the only quesiton would be kerr trying to bargain a 1st rounder out of the heat.

Nobody knows for sure what the offer from Miami is. There are reports that they are offering anyone on the roster except Wade, but then there are other reports that they are reluctant to trade Beasley.

uknowmyname
02-14-2010, 12:45 AM
This is the dumbest trade ever, but it would not surprise me since Steve Kerr is an absolute moron. I thought Phoenix was looking to trade Amare because they were afraid he would walk during free agency, so why would they trade him for expiring contracts and garbage filler? They might as well keep Amare and let his contract expire. This makes no sense, I have a feeling this writer is blowing smoke.

Sportfan
02-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Maybe cause they'd be playing with the best player in the league?