PDA

View Full Version : Will Dwyane Wade ever win League MVP?

JordansBulls
02-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Will Dwyane Wade ever win League MVP?

He is 28 years old now and right now he does have the more important mvp which is the finals mvp IMO, however to cement his legacy I'm sure he would love to have a season/league mvp. He is not on a good team at the moment, so it would be kinda hard, but even on a good team, do you think he will ever win a League MVP now?

Thoughts!!!

ldc62
02-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Sorry but No. He already won a finals MVP and thats more important IMO.

JNA17
02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
nope

Master Mind
02-12-2010, 09:13 PM
He got robbed last year

blastmasta26
02-12-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't think he will ever put up the numbers that he did last year again, so becoming MVP is unlikely for D-Wade. And LeBron is definitely going to win multiple MVPs barring injuries with the way he's been playing. Wade has about 2-3 more years before he declines and I just don't see him winning one.

Ragun
02-12-2010, 09:20 PM
yes

TheKing23
02-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I think Wade's window of opportunity could close really soon, unless he gets some serious help and the Heat win 60+ next year.

It's unfortunate that such a great player won't win one but you can blame that on LeBron.

Master Mind
02-12-2010, 09:28 PM
He'll get much help between the trade deadline and the 2010 fiasco

iggypop123
02-12-2010, 09:29 PM
no. nash and nowitzki have more mvp's thank kobe and shaq. sometimes its about the yr and who the media falls in love with. wade's shot is gone, but finals mvp is alot better

Ray_R
02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
no until Heat picks it up and helps him get a better record.

mcgswfan
02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I don't see him winning it. But like others have said he already has the Finals MVP which is more important and a lot better anyway. If he fails to get a regular season MVP before he retires I don't believe it will hurt his legacy too much. The real question is: "Has he done enough to be considered a HOF player?" Let your brains ponder that for a bit and I think that question will be a lot harder to answer.

JNA17
02-12-2010, 09:44 PM
He got robbed last year

if your team can't win then you must....**** i cant rhyme :(

SaimoNETS
02-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Sadly, no. Even though, I thought he deserved it last year.

Jays Claw
02-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Dwyane Wade should have won it last year. He was a beast when it came to scoring the basketball. As of now, he won't becuase LeBron James is here. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but in my opinion, he won't.

Impulse
02-12-2010, 09:46 PM
I think it can happen next season as he will be receiving some help from [insert top free agent here].

Still, it's going to be difficult for him to win it so long as LeBron is in the league.

LanceUpperCut
02-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't think he will LBJ has it locked down for the next 3-4 years in my opinion. Then Wade will be on the downslope, last year was the closest he will get.

PLAYERS FAN
02-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Will Dwyane Wade ever win League MVP?

He is 28 years old now and right now he does have the more important mvp which is the finals mvp IMO, however to cement his legacy I'm sure he would love to have a season/league mvp. He is not on a good team at the moment, so it would be kinda hard, but even on a good team, do you think he will ever win a League MVP now?

Thoughts!!!

No because the media :drool: of Lebron.

JiffyMix88
02-12-2010, 10:01 PM
sadly no even though he deserved it more than anyone last season he will never get it

BKdoubleStacker
02-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Most likely not...Doesnt matter anyway because the reg season MVP is worthless in the context of gauging a players career.

Nash won 2 mvp's when he shouldnt of so I dont think winning the MVP holds much weight.

Raph12
02-13-2010, 04:07 AM
No, his window of oppurtunity has closed IMO.

It will be between Lebron, Dwight, Melo and Durant for years to come.

JordansBulls
02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
No because the media :drool: of Lebron.

He won't keep getting it, just like MJ and Kareem didn't keep getting it.

29$JerZ
02-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Last year was his best shot to get it. I don't see him going into Beast mode like that again, especially if they get a 2nd star and his stats fall a bit.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Lebron has the title until he is 30 man, Lebron is such a statistical beast, and changes every aspect of the game in so many ways, i don't see how Lebron can't win it from now till then... unless he gets injured or the team management can't manage for beans and screws it all up.

LALakersKC
02-13-2010, 07:32 PM
As long as Bron is playing, Wade won't win it. Media, fans love LeBron too much.

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 01:15 AM
As long as Bron is playing, Wade won't win it. Media, fans love LeBron too much.

They love Wade as well and you better believe if Wade goes to Chicago he will start to get some hype.

Also I think guys like Durant and Dwight will be MVP winners as well for sure. Not to mention other guys such as Rose, Roy, Melo, Bosh, etc.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-15-2010, 01:25 AM
No, his window of oppurtunity has closed IMO.

It will be between Lebron, Dwight, Melo and Durant for years to come.

Why though? Why do you think Wade won't be in the conversation? Is it because he's "old" lol? He's 28 people not 38. Wade has more than enough time to win MVP.

SwaggaIke
02-15-2010, 01:51 AM
This thread is ridiculous. All Wade needs is a 55 win season to win MVP. Him playing well over the next 5 years is a given. He'll play on a team good enough to lock down a top 2 seed in his conference soon enough and get his MVP.

Ty Fast
02-15-2010, 01:54 AM
he has the potentional to do it, but wheather it happens or not is another question.\

Hawkeye15
02-15-2010, 03:12 AM
if he can get a serious 2nd option this offseason, and the Heat can win 55+ games, while he kills it, sure. But with LeBron entering his prime, Dwight entering his prime, and some young blood like Durant, and many others gaining steam, Wade will have to settle for Finals MVP I think. I am sure he is ok with that however

AntwanN21
02-15-2010, 12:21 PM
i cant see it happening, great player won finals mvp and got his championship really early in his career. cant see it happening just cause of Lebron,Dwight,Melo, Durant, Bosh and all these other players on the rise

jetsforever
02-15-2010, 12:30 PM
No he will not. He is getting older and needs more help from players around him. They need to build some more talent around him.

Bring The Heat
02-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Why though? Why do you think Wade won't be in the conversation? Is it because he's "old" lol? He's 28 people not 38. Wade has more than enough time to win MVP.

Haven't you noticed this guy always downplays Wade anytime his name comes up no matter WHAT he has done or will do? He's obviously not one of his favorite players and doesn't like him for some reason... When someone says Dwight Howard is better than Wade they are either a hater or don't know crap about basketball and mentally ********... He even said Dwight wins series Wade wins games.. mind you Wade has finals mvp and a ring on his finger.. and last year led his young team to the playoffs and took the hawks to 7 games which was obviously a superior all around team...

Once someone has their mind set they don't like a player u can't argue with them without bias

Lakers4ItAll
02-15-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't see it happening unless he leaves Miami for Chicago or the Knicks and makes them a contender (which I dont see happenening)

td0tsfinest
02-15-2010, 03:59 PM
I think he can pull off one. He really needs some help around him though.

Master Mind
02-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Lol at the people saying he's too old...I'm willing to say he'll get it next year cause Miami will be contenders

Big Zo
02-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I think if he gets another star to play with him next year (not named LeBron), he could win it if Miami has a good record.

Bring The Heat
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Lol at the people saying he's too old...I'm willing to say he'll get it next year cause Miami will be contenders

Just like they said he was done during the time he sat out and was recovering from injury before last season... and Look what happen in Bejing and the incredible season he had... Let them keep doubting wait till Wade gets his team ... Then well see what they have to say

Chicagofaithful
02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
he could if he went to a team with a decent lineup 1-5... and someone who makes him better too... who that is is anybody's guess

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't see it happening unless he leaves Miami for Chicago or the Knicks and makes them a contender (which I dont see happenening)

Which I think will happen next season. People act like Wade is like 6-7 years older than Lebron. Wade is 3 years older and that's it.

Hoopsadvocate
02-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Which I think will happen next season. People act like Wade is like 6-7 years older than Lebron. Wade is 3 years older and that's it.

exactly and part of the same draft class so when people make idotic remarks like "he wont because lebron,melo, etc are on the rise" or "hes to old" ( when kobe won it when he was 30 (wade just turned 28 people) it doesnt make sense.

CowboysKB24
02-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Of course he can.

The MVP goes to the best player on the best team, give or take a little bit. If Wade gets on a team and becomes a 1 or 2 seed in his conference he will get an MVP. The only reason he didn't get it last year was because the Cavs had the best record and the Heat were miles behind.

Wade will get an MVP if he is on a team that top 3 in the league.
Remember CP3 VS Kobe... Kobe won because the Lakers were the better team. Simple. Wade is going through what Kobe did when Shaq left... MVP stats, but team record is 5-6-7-8 seed.