PDA

View Full Version : Nets Looking At Coach K, Jerry Colangelo Team

phlp_bj
02-12-2010, 06:30 PM
There is a growing belief new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is interested in hiring Jerry Colangelo as president with the hope that he could bring Mike Krzyzewski as GM and coach.

Krzyzewski has turned down overtures from the NBA before, with Boston, Los Angeles and Portland amongst the most notable situations.

The Colangelo relationship, autonomy and unlimited resources Prokhorov would provide might finally lure Krzyzewski away from Duke.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-nets021210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I know that many NBA players think highly of Coach K. My question is, IF the Nets get Coach K, would players like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, etc.. be interested in signing there having played for Coach K in the Olympics?

John Wall
Devin Harris
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Brook Lopez

Kidd>>>K-Mart
02-12-2010, 06:48 PM
yea no doubt its intriging but your scenario you got there couldnt ever happen

td0tsfinest
02-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I remember Coach K was about to sign with the Lakes a few years back when Phil Jackson stepped down.

But I don't think he'll be leaving Duke.

arkanian215
02-12-2010, 07:28 PM
colangelo rumors are dead. coach k is still possible.

bigsams50
02-12-2010, 07:35 PM
I dont see coach k leavin duke

AK-50
02-12-2010, 07:42 PM
colangelo rumors are dead. coach k is still possible.

thats jerry..brians dad

GoNY
02-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Coach K would never leave Duke. He had the perfect situation to leave for the Lakers a few years back and he turned it down.

And someone showed him the article at his practice today and he started laughing hysterically. Not going to happen.

ldc62
02-12-2010, 08:58 PM
First it was Bryan C. now his dad... No the Nets are probably not going to get anyone. Dare I say it: They won't get Wall either (75% chance they don't)

Wilson
02-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I remember Coach K was about to sign with the Lakes a few years back when Phil Jackson stepped down.

But I don't think he'll be leaving Duke.

I don't know if he was ever close to signing with the Lakers. They really wanted him but as far as I can remember he never showed any interest.