PDA

View Full Version : Prime Shaq going against a Prime Dwight...what would averages be?

ProdigyI
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
What would the head to head averages be of a prime shaq vs a prime dwight over a span of 4 or 5 years, saying they would face eachother 4 times a year.

TheKing23
02-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Prime Shaq would eat prime Dwight alive.

RadiantShot
02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Shaq would obviously be better, but you have to accredit Dwight Howard. Dwight is more finesse, while Shaq is just a banger inside.

Chacarron
02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Shaq would own him every night and get him into foul trouble.

Shaq: 35 PPG 18 RPG 3 BPG 68 FG%
Dwight: 16 PPG 12 RPG 2 BPG 52 FG%

JNA17
02-12-2010, 04:32 PM
prime shaq

Jetsguy
02-12-2010, 04:37 PM
prime Shaq all day

Lakerfan In NY
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Shaq: 40 PPG 22 RPG 3 BPG 68 FG% FT-58% 42 Min
Dwight: 12 PPG 10 RPG 4 BPG 52 FG% 25 min.

Shaq would have Dwight in foul trouble by the 5 minutes mark of the 1st quarter. In every game.

mfb_lt1birdman
02-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Prime Shaq would dominate, no question.

twoearl
02-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I dont think you can the question correctly. We have NOT since dwight in his prime yet. The kid is ONLY 23 years old. You can't really consider a player as "in their prime" until 25 to 28.

avrpatsfan
02-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Shaq

td0tsfinest
02-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Shaq would devour Dwight Howard in the post.

rapsallday
02-12-2010, 05:05 PM
...Foul Trouble....

smith&wesson
02-12-2010, 05:30 PM
shaqs offence was incredible. Dwight howard defence could be compared to shaqs when shaq was in his prime. but shaq scored alot more more and consistantly. shaq could take over games with his offence and defence. where dwight can really only dominate defensivly...

shaq was just a better over all player.

JasonJohnHorn
02-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I can't find a reason to think anybody but Shaq would come out on top in that situation, especially considering that Shaq had to earn his rep while playing against: Ewing, Hakeem, Robinson and Mourning and Mutumbo. He had to learn how to work the post against some of the best defensive centers in the league and is a much better passer than Howard, though neither had or has much range.

Stunner
02-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Dwights not even in his Prime yet.

THE MTL
02-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Shaq doesnt have to be in his prime for Dwight Howard. I think Miami Shaq would easily take out Dwight Howard.

RadiantShot
02-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Shaq: 40 PPG 22 RPG 3 BPG 68 FG% FT-58% 42 Min
Dwight: 12 PPG 10 RPG 4 BPG 52 FG% 25 min.

Shaq would have Dwight in foul trouble by the 5 minutes mark of the 1st quarter. In every game.

God you are the biggest idiot on PSD. Goodbye.

prodigy
02-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Considering a 37 year old shaq is holding his own should tell you enough. mainly defense.

Howard is averaging about 15 points in the 2 games vs shaq. Howard averaged 26Pt's in the playoffs vs cavs last season.

Swashcuff
02-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Shaq eats babies Dwight eats Big Macs!!! Shaq would simply obliterate Dwight.

BkOriginalOne
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Prime Shaq would have Howard in foul trouble all night.

Method28
02-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I like Dwight and everything but honestly...
Shaq as a rookie...is better than Dwight will ever be. Shaq was right, Dwight isnt Superman. More like Superboy.

D-Amazins
02-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Dwights not even in his Prime yet.

/Thread

3RDASYSTEM
02-12-2010, 11:26 PM
THE DIESEL by a landslide...they doubled teamed him and hes 37...the 3peat SHAQ would destroy him especially mentally

Sadds The Gr8
02-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Diesel would EASILY dump on Howard...

SteveNash
02-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Shaq 45/15/60%
Dwight 6/8/45%

ldc62
02-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Prime Shaq would eat prime Dwight alive.

+1 and I actually really hate Shaq.

dev0
02-13-2010, 12:23 AM
i don't think we've ever seen a prime dwight... give him some more time

Robbw241
02-13-2010, 12:24 AM
I dont see Howard ever topping Shaq.

ldc62
02-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I dont think you can the question correctly. We have NOT since dwight in his prime yet. The kid is ONLY 23 years old. You can't really consider a player as "in their prime" until 25 to 28.

Hes played in the league for like 6 or 7 years and his post game is still at the HS level... Dwight in his prime would probably be slightly better than now (Hes not even 20 10 this season... major decline).

PHX2daDEATH
02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
There's only one Center who ever Dominated Shaq and his name was Hakeem... Dwight is just a mini-me to Shaq's Dr. Evil..

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 12:29 AM
exactly, Dwight will be a 20-10 guy when he is in his prime but he drastically needs to improve his offensive game big time to catch up to Shaq. Howard is not even that dominating on offense like Shaq was.

Lets wait till Dwight gets into his prime i.e. 25-30 before comparing people in their primes when one hasn't made it yet.

Raph12
02-13-2010, 12:51 AM
This is stupid, why don't we compare a prime Jordan to Wade... there's no point of comparing one of the GOAT to an up-and-coming player, who's at about only 60% of his potential.

Raph12
02-13-2010, 01:16 AM
exactly, Dwight will be a 20-10 guy when he is in his prime but he drastically needs to improve his offensive game big time to catch up to Shaq. Howard is not even that dominating on offense like Shaq was.

Lets wait till Dwight gets into his prime i.e. 25-30 before comparing people in their primes when one hasn't made it yet.

Dwight already had two 21-14 seasons, idk why you're saying his prime is a 20-10 guy...

I think Dwight's prime will be along the lines of 25-15-3-1-4.

TheKing23
02-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Dwight already had two 21-14 seasons, idk why you're saying his prime is a 20-10 guy...

I think Dwight's prime will be along the lines of 25-15-3-1-4.

I don't ever think he'll get up to 25 points a game if Stan remains his coach... He just doesn't know how to utilize him.

With this being said, Prime Shaq is a top 10 player of all time. Dwight in his prime with never have the combination of athleticism, speed, footwork, strength, passing ability and pure offensive ability Shaq possessed... I don't think anyone ever will. In his prime he really was the most dominant ever.

B.JenningsMVP
02-13-2010, 07:49 AM
The REAL Superman would ****ing **** all over Dwight! haha

Cromedome
02-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Prime Shaq would eat Prime Howard for dinner.

Raph12
02-13-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't ever think he'll get up to 25 points a game if Stan remains his coach... He just doesn't know how to utilize him.

With this being said, Prime Shaq is a top 10 player of all time. Dwight in his prime with never have the combination of athleticism, speed, footwork, strength, passing ability and pure offensive ability Shaq possessed... I don't think anyone ever will. In his prime he really was the most dominant ever.

Again, why are we comparing him to Shaq's prime, Shaq killed Hakeem even before his prime, so why are we even making that silly comparison.

Prime Shaq would DESTROY anyone one-on-one, period.

I do agree that in order for Dwight to go for 25ppg, Stan would need to get him more touches, and Stan is happy with a more well-balanced attack, so idk.

ManRam
02-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Prime Shaq would destroy the current Dwight. They aren't even close to being on the same level, sadly. Right now, I don't know if Dwight could really slow Shaq down offensively...and probably would end up in foul trouble very fast. On offense, Dwight already struggles verse Shaq, so in Shaq's prime it would be a bit worse.

Luckily Dwight isn't in his prime.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2010, 02:31 PM
total guess, but you get the effect.

Shaq: 29 ppg, 13 rpg, 2 apg, 2 bpg, 37 mpg
Dwight: 17 ppg, 10 rpg, 1 apg, 2 bpg, 31 mpg (due to foul trouble)

Most forget the reason Shaq destroyed in almost every head to head matchup is because your butt was sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

Tommyh1331
02-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Dwight is only 23 not even close to his prime, give him two or three years like Shaq didn't really get great until his Lakers days...But in order for Dwight to dominate Shaq he would have to stay out of foul trouble..and that is a major problem with him lately

mrblisterdundee
02-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Once again, you have to fit the player's production into the context of their team. Dwight Howard's stats on a team where he's the only real post presence might be bloated, because few of his teammates grab a significant amount of rebounds. It's the same story for Shaq in Los Angeles and Orlando. I would say that Marcus Camby's stats, while playing next to a huge post presence like Chris Kaman, are more impressive than Howard's or Shaq's.
In terms of a one-on-one competition, a prime Shaq is easily better than Howard. Howard (6'11", 265) has better leaping ability, but Shaq (7'3", 325) is more physically imposing. Both of them need a decent point guard to be effective at all.

ManRam
02-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Dwight is only 23 not even close to his prime, give him two or three years like Shaq didn't really get great until his Lakers days...But in order for Dwight to dominate Shaq he would have to stay out of foul trouble..and that is a major problem with him lately

I totally disagree. Shaq's rookie year was statistically better than any year Dwight has had. He was amazing in Orlando.

BigEric
02-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Sure is a lot of "Shaq in his prime" love. Jesus people, hop off of the guys testicles. It was a decade ago people. Yeah he was good, enough Shaq love.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I honestly can't believe this is even an argument. Dwight's game is all physical ability. He depends on size and athletic ability. Shaq was bigger, stronger, and just about as fast. Shaq at 23 was going for 30/11.5/3/2.5, against far better competition at C. This thread is borderline a joke, seriously.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Sure is a lot of "Shaq in his prime" love. Jesus people, hop off of the guys testicles. It was a decade ago people. Yeah he was good, enough Shaq love.

who cares about Shaq's prime. He was better at the same age as Dwight easily. And it wasn't that long ago. Shows you how young some of the PSD posters really are. SHaq is still playing for christs sakes

rapjuicer06
02-13-2010, 03:31 PM
see what you guys are forgetting is shaq his whole career had a all-star SG/PG with him. orlando he had penny, LA he had Kobe, Miami he had D Wade, Suns he had Nash, now he has Lebron. who has dwight had? Hedo, Carter (33), Jameer, Lewis...shaq got 20 field goal attempts a game. dwight gets 10....shaq and dwight both make around 60% of their field goal attempts....so dwight right now averaging 17.4 a year with 10 more shot attempts making around 6 of them...thats 12 more points right there taking that 17.4 up to 29.4...so i have no idea what all of you are saying about this...that dwight is no where near shaq....dwight right now doesn't get the attempts or the touches shaq ever got. you can't compare the two because shaq always got the ball, he had coaches that gave him the ball. dwight is on a team where 4 guys jack up threes the whole ****ing game and a coach that won't get dwight the ball. so yea its not a comparison because dwight does not get the ball enough for it to be. and if shaq and dwight play in this era of basketball they BOTH would be in foul trouble. dwight gets called for soooooo damn many ticky tack fouls that if it happened to shaq he'd rip the refs head off. if it were back in shaq's era where you could elbow the **** out of everyone, dwight would not be in foul trouble and would hold his own against shaq

and another thing you guys are forgetting...i'm pretty sure when shaq was guarding dwight last year he FLOPPED majorly!!! he couldn't keep up with dwight. and the game the other night, shaq had 5 fouls in 19 min. against dwight...dwight had to go against 2 or 3 other guys, not just shaq. so maybe you guys should watch the game before you say shaq nullified dwight. shaq did zip against dwight. dwight scored every time he got the ball against shaq or was fouled...watch the game next time

Chronz
02-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Shaq would never allow the team to only get him 10 shots a game, Shaqs the kind of player who makes his presence felt, he makes himself a big enough target that his teammates would have no choice but pass him the ball.

SeoulBeatz
02-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Shaq would destroy Dwight in his prime.

its not even a contest.

I love dwights game, but Shaq had post moves to go along with BRUTE SIZE which Dwight doesnt actualy have, dude is ripped, but Shaq was GIGANTIC AND ATHLETIC.

those who actually watched shaq in his prime know that he is was worlds better than dwight is now.

notoriouzzzz
02-13-2010, 04:14 PM
What would the head to head averages be of a prime shaq vs a prime dwight over a span of 4 or 5 years, saying they would face eachother 4 times a year.
Is this a real question!!?? I hate Shaq.. but someone posting this as a conversation is a disrespect to Shaq. Shaq would literarily ***** on him.

notoriouzzzz
02-13-2010, 04:17 PM
see what you guys are forgetting is shaq his whole career had a all-star SG/PG with him. orlando he had penny, LA he had Kobe, Miami he had D Wade, Suns he had Nash, now he has Lebron. who has dwight had? Hedo, Carter (33), Jameer, Lewis...shaq got 20 field goal attempts a game. dwight gets 10....shaq and dwight both make around 60% of their field goal attempts....so dwight right now averaging 17.4 a year with 10 more shot attempts making around 6 of them...thats 12 more points right there taking that 17.4 up to 29.4...so i have no idea what all of you are saying about this...that dwight is no where near shaq....dwight right now doesn't get the attempts or the touches shaq ever got. you can't compare the two because shaq always got the ball, he had coaches that gave him the ball. dwight is on a team where 4 guys jack up threes the whole ****ing game and a coach that won't get dwight the ball. so yea its not a comparison because dwight does not get the ball enough for it to be. and if shaq and dwight play in this era of basketball they BOTH would be in foul trouble. dwight gets called for soooooo damn many ticky tack fouls that if it happened to shaq he'd rip the refs head off. if it were back in shaq's era where you could elbow the **** out of everyone, dwight would not be in foul trouble and would hold his own against shaq

and another thing you guys are forgetting...i'm pretty sure when shaq was guarding dwight last year he FLOPPED majorly!!! he couldn't keep up with dwight. and the game the other night, shaq had 5 fouls in 19 min. against dwight...dwight had to go against 2 or 3 other guys, not just shaq. so maybe you guys should watch the game before you say shaq nullified dwight. shaq did zip against dwight. dwight scored every time he got the ball against shaq or was fouled...watch the game next time
That's what's great Shaq.. he forces you to give him the ball. He's just that dominant. For Phil to tell Kobe pound the ball inside, that tells alot. If Jordan had played with Shaq.. sorry to say Shaq would still be the focal point! It's too obvious to not want to pound the ball inside when he's in there!

bagwell368
02-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I've ripped Shaq from a number of angles, but, head to head as of the best we have seen from both he is head and shoulder above Howard. Shaq at worst is top 7 all time Center, and perhaps as good as #3 (I told you I'm not a big fan), but Howard isn't even top 10 year, perhaps not even top 15.

Stop it, only people that never saw Shaq in his prime could take Howard.