PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless thinks the Bobcats can upset the Cavs in the playoffs

ProdigyI
02-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Well, they are very athletic and with a healthy Chandler they'll be tough.

Discuss.

tMoNEy24
02-12-2010, 04:09 PM
NO, They have a chance just like every other team but its slim..

Jonathan2323
02-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Skip is a Lebron hater. its possible, but not likely.

Gibby23
02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
There is another thread for the who has a chance to upset the Cavs topic.

Derick713
02-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Larry Brown teams are tough. Lary Brown coached the Pistons when they upset the Lakers. The Bobcats may not have the depth to beat the Cavs.

Stunner
02-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Bobcats can beat the Cavs if u can beat the Lakers u can beat the Cavs.

JNA17
02-12-2010, 04:24 PM
sure why not

Chacarron
02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Highly unlikely but so was Golden State's victory over Dallas a few years back.

WITZ
02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Skip bayless is an idiot and will say a lot of things to talk down the cavs and to a bigger extent Lebron.**** it he even thinks kobe is still the best player in the league & after watching todays show he deserves a **** load of these :facepalm:

GreenMan305
02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
skip bayless the ultimate lebron hater... what else is new

twoearl
02-12-2010, 05:01 PM
LOL. Yes, the bobcats could win a game or two, but they have NO chance of beating the Cavs unless bron gets injured.

Ragun
02-12-2010, 05:02 PM
i think its possible for the cats to upset the cavs too.

NYKnickFanatic
02-12-2010, 05:11 PM
It is possible. Bobcats are a very good team, underrated IMO.

Highlight
02-12-2010, 05:37 PM
The Bobcats are one of those wild card teams that could give any top seed a run for their money.

They play that pesky Larry Brown D that frustrates so many teams. Their only issue is putting up the points and this year, they've been doing a pretty good job about that.

Tony_Starks
02-12-2010, 05:39 PM
I heard that this morning and was about to dismiss it since he's such a bonafied LBJ hater but then I thought about the trouble Charlotte has given them. If you look at it they actually match up pretty good against them and in the playoffs thats all that matters......

shep33
02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Bayless is pretty weird, I don't even think he's a LBJ hater, i think he just does his antics to oppose everyone else and get attention (which is what he's suppose to do to get ratings). The Bobcats have a chance, but its slim. I like the matchup of Jackson and Wallace vs LBJ, both seem able to guard him, and they'll get help with Chandler back there. Anything can happen, if they did play I wouldn't be surprised if the pushed the Cavs to 6.

Vee-Rex
02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Not likely but it's possible. The Bobcats are a solid team.

The top teams in the East probably don't want to see the Bobcats in the playoffs, just as the top teams in the West probably don't want to see the Thunder in the playoffs.

Mell413
02-12-2010, 05:51 PM
its possible, but highly unlikely. I don't take anything skip says about Lebron seriously.

PHX2daDEATH
02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Okay so its possible for the Bobcats who have never been to the playoffs in their history to beat the Cavs.. but I get drilled for saying the Grizzlies and Thunder could beat the Lakers? Ha.

showtym24
02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Skip bayless is an idiot and will say a lot of things to talk down the cavs and to a bigger extent Lebron.**** it he even thinks kobe is still the best player in the league & after watching todays show he deserves a **** load of these :facepalm:

He is.

showtym24
02-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Okay so its possible for the Bobcats who have never been to the playoffs in their history to beat the Cavs.. but I get drilled for saying the Grizzlies and Thunder could beat the Lakers? Ha.

You said they will and were willing to bet people. Theres a difference between will and could.

the unknown
02-12-2010, 06:01 PM
As none one in the world can guard lebron.. the opposit still happens..

if lebron is guarding wallace.. no can really check stephen jackson

they have Chandler, Diop, Nazr Mohamed to foul shaq and cover Big Z

for Mo williams there is felton

for boobie gibson there is Dj

for delonte there is graham

i think they can win 2 games..

curtie74
02-12-2010, 06:09 PM
skip bayless is an idiot and will say a lot of things to talk down the cavs and to a bigger extent lebron.**** it he even thinks kobe is still the best player in the league & after watching todays show he deserves a **** load of these :facepalm:

im not a lakers fan nor lebron fan i love the spurs i had to state that b4 i comment that kobe is the best player intil proven otherwise. Kobe has the rings the talent the drive and more gamewinning shots and i dont mean the regular season were lebron is awesome during.

GreenMan305
02-12-2010, 06:26 PM
He is.

:facepalm: only to lakerfans :pity:

GreenMan305
02-12-2010, 06:26 PM
im not a lakers fan nor lebron fan i love the spurs i had to state that b4 i comment that kobe is the best player intil proven otherwise. Kobe has the rings the talent the drive and more gamewinning shots and i dont mean the regular season were lebron is awesome during.

kobe is spoon fed with elite talent..

lebron is surrounded by mediocrity every year :facepalm:

The Jokemaker
02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
I could definitely see this happening. The bobcats play tough defense and have Gerald Wallace to play physical and challenge lebron. Stephen Jackson has been on fire for the bobcats. The bobcats have young talent and a coach who is a genius at knowing what to do and make use out of the talent on a team. Remember that unstoppable Lakers team with payton, malone, kobe, and shaq? They got upset by a Larry Brown led team that didnt have a superstar.

And also remember, the cavs were looking unstoppable last year too when the Magic beat them.

L@ker4Life
02-12-2010, 06:41 PM

So you're saying that Kobe belonging to a superior organization is what makes Lebron better? :speechless:

I mean I'm not saying one is better than the other, but at this point Kobe is the king of the league until dethrowned. Even LBJ refers to Kobe as the best in the league.

montazingmvp
02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
He is.

yes kobe is better than lebron...

despite:

-having a much lower PER
-a much lower ts%
-being a worse rebounder
-having a worse a/to ratio, being a guard
-having a worse offensive rating and defensive rating
-shooting worse from the 3pt line
-having a much lower win shares
-avg'ing less points in the 4th quarter

so far this year, kobe has not been better at one thing on the court...not one..

and yet you still have the audacity to say kobe is better than lebron...

this is homerism at its worst...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::f acepalm:

sad...

nygiants242
02-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't disagree.

WITZ
02-12-2010, 06:50 PM
yes kobe is better than lebron...

despite:

-having a much lower PER
-a much lower ts%
-being a worse rebounder
-having a worse a/to ratio, being a guard
-having a worse offensive rating and defensive rating
-shooting worse from the 3pt line
-having a much lower win shares
-avg'ing less points in the 4th quarter

so far this year, kobe has not been better at one thing on the court...not one..

and yet you still have the audacity to say kobe is better than lebron...

this is homerism at its worst...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::f acepalm:

sad...

Kobe/laker fans got owned :clap:, Dont worry thought they are gonna throw out kobes rings as a defense for him being the best player.

td0tsfinest
02-12-2010, 06:55 PM
It's not impossible but I don't see it happening.

kobelaughsatall
02-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Kobe/laker fans got owned :clap:, Dont worry thought they are gonna throw out kobes rings as a defense for him being the best player.

yea because rings don't matter:facepalm:, u lebron fans kill me when u say rings don't matter, which they clearly do. I'm sorry until he wins a ring he still another great player with only inflated stats to show for it. If stats were what made a great player then by definition I guess Lebron would be better than Jordan

mser58
02-12-2010, 07:53 PM
since skip bayless said it it's probably a guarentee

mser58
02-12-2010, 07:54 PM
i hate kobe lebron fights btw

iggypop123
02-12-2010, 08:43 PM
well if any team is equipped to guard lebron its them. they can throw jackson(who is a legit 6'8) and wallace who is a beast. i saw him destroy lebron in a prior game. they have brown who gets that team right and organized. a stretch 4 with diaw, can handle the ball sort of like hedo did, and the only thing holding them back is chandler cause they need somebody to rebound and have size to match up with shaq,Z

blastmasta26
02-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Bobcats are an interesting team, they could upset the Cavs theoretically, I just don't see it happening in the playoffs.

ldc62
02-12-2010, 09:37 PM
By far my favorite Lebron Hater. Wasn't he the one who invented "Lebrick"?

PLAYERS FAN
02-12-2010, 09:46 PM
I concur with Skip on this!

Swashcuff
02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
The should rename the face palm Skip Bayless :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

PLAYERS FAN
02-12-2010, 09:55 PM

I know once Mo Williams their second best player got hurt they started losing games:rolleyes:

prodigy
02-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Cavs will not lose to the bobcats in the playoffs. Thats just dumb. No disrespect to bobcat fans, but common. lol. Lebron would not allow it.

Swashcuff
02-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Skip Bayless is one of the main reasons Im rooting for the Cavs to win it all this year. Someone needs to shut that tool up.

JiffyMix88
02-12-2010, 10:32 PM
skip bayless can say anything because all it is to him is words i would love to see this guy put money on half the **** he says because then he would learn to choose his words wisely and not just blurt out **** for attention and shock

Afridi786
02-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Best defensive team in the league...Why can't they upset them?

LALakersKC
02-12-2010, 10:38 PM

Better stats don't always mean better player. LeBron will be in Kobe's shadow until the day he retires.

JiffyMix88
02-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Best defensive team in the league...Why can't they upset them?

not saying they cant but if you had to put ur money on one of them u would choose the bobcats!?:confused:

JDMac80
02-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Skip is a douche but he is often correct with his ridiculous statements that have people up in arms

WITZ
02-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Better stats don't always mean better player. LeBron will be in Kobe's shadow until the day he retires.

Hahaha typical laker fan & how do U suppose U determine who the better player is without throwing out the rings since kobe has like 6-7 years on lebron so off-course he is gonna have more rings ??

3RDASYSTEM
02-12-2010, 11:22 PM
SKIP remind me of some of yall on here postin comments, i say the same thing when i read all this whos the best this and that

homestarunner93
02-12-2010, 11:41 PM
ESPN dunt pimp teh Bobz, so of coarse dey caynt win!11!!!1!1!one!111!!11!1!!

ldc62
02-13-2010, 04:34 AM
not saying they cant but if you had to put ur money on one of them u would choose the bobcats!?:confused:

Depends on the odds.... :D

Skip is a douche but he is often correct with his ridiculous statements that have people up in arms

Like how Brick wouldn't win last year! People can hate, but hes pretty damn accurate.

JayW_1023
02-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Gerald Wallace may just be the best player to match up against LeBron. He has outplayed him in head to head matchups this year. It could be possible...because the bobcats will be scarppy defensively.

DCB/LAL
02-13-2010, 08:03 AM
This has a HUGE chance of happening its a bold statement but yeah it may happen.

Raven-Lunatic
02-13-2010, 09:20 AM
I think the Bobcats have a very good chance of beating the Cavs. They are very athletic, they play very good defense and can stretch the floor. Anything is possible with a Larry Brown coached team. I know all of the "witnesses" are not gonna like reading this but it's time to stop thinking like the Cavs have already won the title but have yet to do anything. BREAKING NEWS: The Cavs can be beaten

prodigy
02-13-2010, 09:30 AM
I think the Laker's have a better chance of getting beat early. Kobe is hurt all the time and they have no bench other then Odom. Shannon brown can dunk, But not really a guy you wanna count on. + Derek fisher is pretty much a bum these days.

Or should we just book lakers vs bobcats in the finals?

tjlipford
02-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Look, in the playoffs we would beat the Bobcats in 5. Only way we lose to them in a 7 game series in the playoffs is if LB gets hurt.

DCB/LAL
02-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Look, in the playoffs we would beat the Bobcats in 5. Only way we lose to them in a 7 game series in the playoffs is if LB gets hurt.

Or if you play Orlando or Boston.

Avenged
02-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Nowadays you can't say anything about Lebron/Cavs, Kobe/Lakers because the whole world gets offended. :rolleyes: