PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh: I'm the Kind of Player you Can Build Around

JordansBulls
02-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Chris Bosh: I'm the Kind of Player you Can Build Around (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/13095/bosh-im-the-kind-of-player-you-can-build-around)

Then Bosh revealed that he’s not necessarily interested in playing anywhere that he’s not the clear-cut franchise player.

“That’s a good question,” Bosh said when asked by ESPN The Magazine’s Ric Bucher if he’s bothered by the widespread perception that he’s determined to follow either LeBron James or Dwyane Wade by signing on with one of the teams they choose starting July 1.

“It’s funny you say that, because I was thinking about it. I was just looking at what people say and it’s like, ‘Chris is going to go here and play with him or this, this and that.’ I’m like, ‘Wait a minute.’ I feel like I should be built around. And maybe that’s just my ego talking, but I feel that I’m a very good player in this league and I’m only going to get better. So … maybe we should be getting somebody [in Toronto].”

Bosh is sure to field more probing questions about his future Friday when he meets the bulk of the media in town to cover All-Star Weekend. But the above comments, at the very least, give more insight into our assertion made back in November that Bosh likes his situation in Toronto more than many of us south of the border want to believe.

There’s still no guarantee that he’ll stay with the Raps, but it’s clear that the combination of playing in a cosmopolitan city he likes while also ranking as the unquestioned face of the franchise holds great appeal.

And Bosh’s Raptors, at the very least, have convinced the rest of the league that he is thoroughly unavailable in trade talks as the league’s Feb. 18 trading deadline approaches. Any serious discussion about his future is apparently on hold until after the season.

Yet Bosh did acknowledge that he will consult his Team USA colleagues James and Wade, for advice if nothing else, before re-signing with the Raptors or orchestrating a sign-and-trade move elsewhere.

“There’s nothing wrong with picking each guys' brain to see where they’re at and how they feel,” Bosh said. “I think talking to other people [is something] that'll help you make your decision a little bit more.”

Said Wade when asked during his own taping Thursday about behind-the-scenes lobbying: “It goes on at every All-Star Weekend. It’s been going on for the last couple [All-Star] weekends. It’s always fun to recruit. Everybody’s recruiting.”

Anyone now think he would go to Miami or Cleveland or anywhere else where he isnt the man?

Thoughts!!!

Chronz
02-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Players are so ignorant, hey Bosh they cant build around you because this is it. This is what they are offering to keep you around, they cant just magically add players. You have to have assets and cap space, Toronto is built for the now. The fact that your not contending should be ringing alarms. Your only hope for a title is that Bargs becomes half the player you are.

Go to Houston, they will be built around you AND Yao. The center who can get any PF to look decent defensively

Jonathan2323
02-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Bosh is not a franchise player. He's a great #2 option.

Jay_Dub
02-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Raptors fan here ... Bosh is an absolute god in Toronto, and Canada as a whole for that matter. Doubt he would get that same attention anywhere else. I know he wants to win tho ... so the only way I see him leaving is if the Raps have some kind of collapse in the second half.

Chronz
02-12-2010, 03:40 PM

What are you basing this on?

Jay_Dub
02-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Players are so ignorant, hey Bosh they cant build around you because this is it. This is what they are offering to keep you around, they cant just magically add players. You have to have assets and cap space, Toronto is built for the now. The fact that your not contending should be ringing alarms. Your only hope for a title is that Bargs becomes half the player you are.

Go to Houston, they will be built around you AND Yao. The center who can get any PF to look decent defensively

You obviously haven't watched the Raps play over the last two months

Jonathan2323
02-12-2010, 03:42 PM
What are you basing this on?

Bosh has never won a playoff series.

Chronz
02-12-2010, 03:44 PM
You obviously haven't watched the Raps play over the last two months
You obviously havent seen basketball outside of Toronto over the past decade of the salary cap era.

leftymo
02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Pau Gasol once led the Memphis Grizzlies to a 50 win season. He couldn't get past the first round of the playoffs. He wasn't a guy you can build around.

What has Chris Bosh done? Probably not even close to what Pau did...

Bosh is not a guy you can build around, but when he hits his prime, I'm sure he'll put forth a couple seasons where his team does go deep into the playoffs.

aman_13
02-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Yeah, but he is only 25 years old. He still has time to show people he can be that player, but because he is a FA next year, some fans automatically assume that he will never have it in him to lead a team to playoff success.

Ragun
02-12-2010, 04:00 PM
bosh hasnt been a #1 option his whole career except in the last month or so, he has been playing smarter which i think can get him over the hump to becoming a #1.

Jay_Dub
02-12-2010, 04:03 PM
You obviously havent seen basketball outside of Toronto over the past decade of the salary cap era.

Well the raps have two bad contracts in Calderon and Hedo. They have two GREAT contracts in Jack and Bargs. Jack at 5 mil a year and Bargs at 10 mil a year. Both of which I think are steals. Plus they have Banks expiring contract which is 4.5 either this summer or next (can't remember)

I think they can definitely trade Calderon to someone if they wanted to. And they have the ability to sign bosh for more money than anyone else via Larry Bird rule (i think, correct me if I'm wrong)

So I would say no ... you are wrong Toronto has plenty of roster flexibility, and there team is by no means set.

Also, Bargs already is half the player Bosh is and his defence is highly underrated. His rebounding is the only flaw in his game as of right now ... but it's improving.

Chronz
02-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Well the raps have two bad contracts in Calderon and Hedo. They have two GREAT contracts in Jack and Bargs. Jack at 5 mil a year and Bargs at 10 mil a year. Both of which I think are steals. Plus they have Banks expiring contract which is 4.5 either this summer or next (can't remember)
Those arent good contracts much less steals. Not by moneyball standards atleast

I think they can definitely trade Calderon to someone if they wanted to. And they have the ability to sign bosh for more money than anyone else via Larry Bird rule (i think, correct me if I'm wrong)
How much cap space could Toronto clear out, and paying Bosh more money than anyone else isnt a luxury in terms of flexibility, all offering Bosh more money does is make it harder for the team to free up money to sign decent help.

So I would say no ... you are wrong Toronto has plenty of roster flexibility, and there team is by no means set.
Yea but your the same guy saying Bargs is a steal

Also, Bargs already is half the player Bosh is and his defence is highly underrated. His rebounding is the only flaw in his game as of right now ... but it's improving.
Disagree completely

Chronz
02-12-2010, 04:13 PM
So?

GodsSon
02-12-2010, 04:15 PM
We are one SMART move away from being very very good...whether it involves trading Calderon for an upgrade at the 2, or moving guys like Amir and expirings to a team looking for cap relief...bear in mind that we could also be possibly able to use the MLE this summer, which could net us another solid piece...with all of that said, Bosh is looking like he's a bonafide #1 right now

smith&wesson
02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
He hasnt had that much help or quality talent around him. 06-7 season the raps won a division title only because they had depth.. now this year we got turk and some more depth on the roster and the raps are looking real good. Another key player aquisition could help the raps win a play off... he just needs some more help.

Jonathan2323
02-12-2010, 04:23 PM
We are one SMART move away from being very very good...whether it involves trading Calderon for an upgrade at the 2, or moving guys like Amir and expirings to a team looking for cap relief...bear in mind that we could also be possibly able to use the MLE this summer, which could net us another solid piece...with all of that said, Bosh is looking like he's a bonafide #1 right now

Toronto will comback down. They are overrated right now. They have a negative average point differential and they are still 6 game over .500. Raptors don't play defense and allowed 130 to the Pacers a couple games ago.

Chronz
02-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Just about every team in the league is 1 smart move away from contention. The thing is having the assets to make that move. What scenario could you think of that will free up the money or are you hoping for another Pau for Kwame type thing.

JNA17
02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
yeah.....noo......

RaptorsFanatic
02-12-2010, 04:28 PM
He's selling himself, adds beef to the free agency. I don't mind it. There is a reason he is arguably the 1st or 2nd best PF in the game today, I'm sure that could be brought into account in the discussion of him being a franchise player.

slapnutz69
02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
anyone who says a guy putting up 25 and 12 everynight isn't a franchise player is simply ********

Ragun
02-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Disagree completely

:facepalm: elaborate on why you disagree?

Jay_Dub
02-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Those arent good contracts much less steals. Not by moneyball standards atleast

How much cap space could Toronto clear out, and paying Bosh more money than anyone else isnt a luxury in terms of flexibility, all offering Bosh more money does is make it harder for the team to free up money to sign decent help.

Yea but your the same guy saying Bargs is a steal

Disagree completely

Well right now Bargs contract doesn't look like a steal ... but in two years if he keeps on improving it will be a steal. He's still very young.

BC has already said he looking to make a major trade to bring in some help. He doesn't need to sign free agents to make adjustments to the roster. A trade with calderon seems to be what he has in mind. I that's what Bosh is talking about when he's mentions bringing someone in.

aman_13
02-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Toronto will comback down. They are overrated right now. They have a negative average point differential and they are still 6 game over .500. Raptors don't play defense and allowed 130 to the Pacers a couple games ago.

The defense is a question mark on this team, but it has been one of the better defensive teams since December.

Jay_Dub
02-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Just about every team in the league is 1 smart move away from contention. The thing is having the assets to make that move. What scenario could you think of that will free up the money or are you hoping for another Pau for Kwame type thing.

No one will ever pull a Pau Kwame trade ... so that pointless ... but they do have calderon who is a great offensive player and a 8 or 9 mil contract

Ragun
02-12-2010, 04:48 PM

the raptors wont come back down...our schedule is still pretty good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=tor

the raps are 4th in scoring, but 26th in points allowed and the differential is down to -.3, earlier in the season it was at like -3-4 ppg. also they havent allowed a team to score over 105 in a while (excluding that pacers game).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=mia&year=2010

miami's schedule doesnt look as good. i wouldnt be surprised if they drop to the 9th side during the 2nd half but i do expect them to still regain the 8th spot.

ill be honest though, even though i think the raptors can get that 5th spot, im still not sold on the team because we cant keep a ****ing lead, we end up winning games in the last 2 minutes or so which is not good. we have a better squad now than we did in 06-07 but i wouldnt be surprised if we got the same outcome (a first round exit).

Chronz
02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
No one will ever pull a Pau Kwame trade ... so that pointless ... but they do have calderon who is a great offensive player and a 8 or 9 mil contract

Thats the point, if its just going to be a lateral trade doesnt that leave you in the same spot as before? Very rarely does a lopsided trade (Billups for AI for example) come along to improve a teams success rate.

How much cap space would you have if you unloaded Calderon and say 1 bad contract, like Evans for example? Maybe if Bosh decided to take less money but Im not sure of the figures.

Chronz
02-12-2010, 04:50 PM
The defense is a question mark on this team, but it has been one of the better defensive teams since December.

Whats their defensive efficiency been in that span? Any Rap fan got a clue about this?

Jay_Dub
02-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Thats the point, if its just going to be a lateral trade doesnt that leave you in the same spot as before? Very rarely does a lopsided trade (Billups for AI for example) come along to improve a teams success rate.

How much cap space would you have if you unloaded Calderon and say 1 bad contract, like Evans for example? Maybe if Bosh decided to take less money but Im not sure of the figures.

But it wouldn't be a lateral trade because calderon is coming off the bench. They could possibly acquire a legit 2 guard. There was a rumor of iguadala for calderon and another player ... that's probably wishful thinking. But Pau for Kwame is too so you never know.

D1JM
02-12-2010, 05:05 PM
regular season play or record dont really matter in the playoffs. Just ask the Cavs

Eagles4Lyfe
02-12-2010, 05:06 PM
if you guys think dwight howards a franchise player then why not bosh right

D1JM
02-12-2010, 05:06 PM
basically what this article is saying is that bosh doesnt want to be Lebron's or Wade's sidekick.

jrice9
02-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Whats their defensive efficiency been in that span? Any Rap fan got a clue about this?
Defense has got better.

The defense was historically bad in December. Now its just rated bad and playing slightly below average if you look at the January- February stats.

Anyway, the Raptors arent there for contendign I agree.

However, the potential for growth is there because

A, Bosh has improved alot this season which is obviously helping the team. If he continues to do so or even stays teh same for the playoffs its a huge difference.
B, Bargnani gives the Raptors their first actualyl great second option in a really really really really long time. His defensively believe it or not has improved and combine that with his offense and he provides a nice cover for Bosh. His potential for growth is clearly there and if he gets better him and Bosh will be even more dangerous.
C, Expensive or not, the Raptors have some very good point guards. Jack and Calderon are a nice 1-2 punch that combine defense and toughness and scoring with amazing shooting and really nice passing.
D, The upside for Derozen is there too obviously. If he becomes like most fans hope (doesnt have to be an all star just simply a really nice shooting guard) it gives the Raptors a dangerous trio.

Thers a reason this team is only 4 games back of Boston. There not at that level however, there probabally in that 2nd range of contenders in the NBA after the top 6 lets say

D1JM
02-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Defense has got better.

The defense was historically bad in December. Now its just rated bad and playing slightly below average if you look at the January- February stats.

Anyway, the Raptors arent there for contendign I agree.

However, the potential for growth is there because

A, Bosh has improved alot this season which is obviously helping the team. If he continues to do so or even stays teh same for the playoffs its a huge difference.
B, Bargnani gives the Raptors their first actualyl great second option in a really really really really long time. His defensively believe it or not has improved and combine that with his offense and he provides a nice cover for Bosh. His potential for growth is clearly there and if he gets better him and Bosh will be even more dangerous.
C, Expensive or not, the Raptors have some very good point guards. Jack and Calderon are a nice 1-2 punch that combine defense and toughness and scoring with amazing shooting and really nice passing.
D, The upside for Derozen is there too obviously. If he becomes like most fans hope (doesnt have to be an all star just simply a really nice shooting guard) it gives the Raptors a dangerous trio.

Thers a reason this team is only 4 games back of Boston. There not at that level however, there probabally in that 2nd range of contenders in the NBA after the top 6 lets say

thats the factor that can get bosh to leave the raptors

aman_13
02-12-2010, 05:12 PM

No this team is not just built for now. What you did not address in your post is this team can get better within. They have buit a nice core mixed with young and vetern players such as Jack, Derozan, Calderon, Turk, Bargs, Weems, Amir, and whether you believe in this core or not, it really doesn't matter. Winning and developing as a team will do all the talking and so far the Raptors have done both. Yes, the team is locked up financially so there is a risk, but if they do continue to win and grow as a team, and if Bosh does re-sign, MLSE (ownership) is committed to go over the tax, but that is irrelevent at this point.

Legitimate
02-12-2010, 05:15 PM

this

DaoudS
02-12-2010, 05:18 PM
basically what this article is saying is that bosh doesnt want to be Lebron's or Wade's sidekick.

exactly, or D Rose's :)

D1JM
02-12-2010, 05:20 PM
exactly, or D Rose's :)

no, d rose can be bosh sidekick lol

Legitimate
02-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I dont understand why bosh considered a franchise player..that's just ridiculous when u consider how bad *** our offense is, who's the focal point of our offense??turk???bargnani??? i thought bosh was only considered a 2nd option??? makes no sense..bosh is a franchise player and a good NUMBER 1 option! if tim duncan and dirk nowitski are considered number good number 1 options then so is bosh because he is way more better and efficient than both those players.

Jonathan2323
02-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I dont understand why bosh considered a franchise player..that's just ridiculous when u consider how bad *** our offense is, who's the focal point of our offense??turk???bargnani??? i thought bosh was only considered a 2nd option??? makes no sense..bosh is a franchise player and a good NUMBER 1 option! if tim duncan and dirk nowitski are considered number good number 1 options then so is bosh because he is way more better and efficient than both those players.

Really?

D1JM
02-12-2010, 05:25 PM

wow, you said that bosh is better than tim duncan?

Legitimate
02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
plz watch more raptor games if you think bosh is just a '2nd option' because you obviously don't know **** about CB4

HeirCanada
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM

It's been sick, wicked and nasty - so don't rain on our salami and cheese parade.

Legitimate
02-12-2010, 05:30 PM
from a offensive stand point bosh is atop 3in the nba..when he doesnt make a bucket that means he most likely fouled and his FTpercentage is at like78%.so u do the math that likesgetting 2 points for every shot utake..u can't get anymore efficient than that. watch more raptor games before you try criticize cb4!!

dtmagnet
02-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Didn't take long for the carrion fowl to jump all over this. What Bosh said is true, he's the type of player you build around. Future success of the team depends a lot on further development of our young players, and improved chemistry.

Jamiecballer
02-12-2010, 05:31 PM

yeah it's still way too high, like 106 or so. our perimeter defense has been almost entirely responsible for the improvement but we still get killed in the paint.

Jonathan2323
02-12-2010, 05:31 PM
from a offensive stand point bosh is atop 3in the nba..when he doesnt make a bucket that means he most likely fouled and his FTpercentage is at like78%.so u do the math that likesgetting 2 points for every shot utake..u can't get anymore efficient than that. watch more raptor games before you try criticize cb4!!

this just keeps getting better. Top 3 offensive talent in the NBA. no way.

jsumadchat
02-12-2010, 05:33 PM

lol, im a bosh fan and i think next year and beyond he is the BEST PF in the league, but until then, you are wrong my friend. there was nothing 'legitimate' about that post haha:eyebrow:

HeirCanada

Chris Bosh is the greatest offensive player in any sport, ever.

path2zion
who says that? just another nba douche. First of all, he hasnt accomplished anything as a team leader in this league, and either way, who cares whos the face, you play to win a ring.

Legitimate

well its not my fault that you are trapped in the past.news flash!!! this is not the same TD that lead san antonio to all those champioships otherwise ya'llwould be a top seed in the west right now..CB4 is entering his prime and is a juggernaut on the offensive side of the ball to go along with avg defense. news flash homey there's new blood at the PF position, get with the times!

D1JM

so he is better than tim duncan and dirk, and now a top 3 offensive talent. Damn

ldc62
02-12-2010, 05:34 PM

Hes a franchise player... you can argue that he hasn't won a series (only been to 2), but hes only 25. Are you saying Tmac wasn't a franchise player? or What about Brandon Roy?

ldc62
02-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Pau Gasol once led the Memphis Grizzlies to a 50 win season. He couldn't get past the first round of the playoffs. He wasn't a guy you can build around.

Bosh is not a guy you can build around, but when he hits his prime, I'm sure he'll put forth a couple seasons where his team does go deep into the playoffs.

So you are saying his team can go deep in the playoffs... but you cannot build around bosh?????

ldc62
02-12-2010, 05:36 PM

Don't worry... so will the Heat. BTW Raptors had one of the hardest schedules up to January. But its the NBA so not an excuse for brutal D.

ldc62
02-12-2010, 05:39 PM
no, d rose can be bosh sidekick lol

D rose and Bosh combo would be sick. Thats probably the thing I wanna see most next to Bosh staying.

Jonathan2323
02-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Chris Bosh is the greatest offensive player in any sport, ever.

i agree

Legitimate
02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
bosh pratically averages 2 points for every shot he takes. so haha..basically u can't have anymore improvement than that. 2nd ranked offense in the nba baby!

magichatnumber9
02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
I think Bosh would be stupid to leave Toronto, the club wants to win. He needs to stop listening to all those people in the States feeding him poison.

HeirCanada
02-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Don't worry... so will the Heat. BTW Raptors had one of the hardest schedules up to January. But its the NBA so not an excuse for brutal D.

The Heat already did. They started out blazing and now have fizzled down to being one game out of the playoff picture.

HeirCanada
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
i agree

Chris Bosh might be more offensive than Howard Stern and Marilyn Manson combined.

Rego247
02-12-2010, 05:45 PM
kk i think legitimate`s was a little off...but bosh is the most effecient power forward in the NBA right now..i dont think that means hes better than dirk or duncan but he deserves to be mentioned in the same category

mike_noodles
02-12-2010, 05:46 PM
For all of you haters and nay sayers out there let me say this.

I have been a Raps fan from day one and believe me when I say that Chris Bosh would be the number one option on about 20 other teams in the league other than Toronto, he is THE BEST PF in the league today, bar none.

As for building a team around him, bad contracts don't help, but become a huge asset in their final season, and when you consider that most teams in the league are capped out, we pretty much are all in the same boat, we can use our MLE and sign minimum deals to help improve our roster and a good GM can find those kind of guys and we do have a good GM in Toronto.

And for the Bargs haters, he is the 2nd best scoring centre in the league and the perfect complement for a player like Bosh.

I guarantee that the Raps will make it to the conference finals (if Bosh stays) within three seasons.

jrice9
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
To ask this question:

Is Chris Bosh not the best offensive bigman in basketball.

I think its him and Dirk with no one really close.

SA5195
02-12-2010, 05:49 PM
For all of you haters and nay sayers out there let me say this.

I have been a Raps fan from day one and believe me when I say that Chris Bosh would be the number one option on about 20 other teams in the league other than Toronto, he is THE BEST PF in the league today, bar none.

As for building a team around him, bad contracts don't help, but become a huge asset in their final season, and when you consider that most teams in the league are capped out, we pretty much are all in the same boat, we can use our MLE and sign minimum deals to help improve our roster and a good GM can find those kind of guys and we do have a good GM in Toronto.

And for the Bargs haters, he is the 2nd best scoring centre in the league and the perfect complement for a player like Bosh.

I guarantee that the Raps will make it to the conference finals (if Bosh stays) within three seasons.

There's no use of saying this.

Non-Raptor fans will just start critizising you, and say that he's not the best PF in the league, going to the ECF, and the other stuff you said. They're just gonna think we're jokes.

Legitimate
02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
To ask this question:

Is Chris Bosh not the best offensive bigman in basketball.

I think its him and Dirk with no one really close.

how can u say this when CB4 has the highest points per shot in the nba???

Rego247
02-12-2010, 05:56 PM
There's no use of saying this.

Non-Raptor fans will just start critizising you, and say that he's not the best PF in the league, going to the ECF, and the other stuff you said. They're just gonna think we're jokes.

word but i think theres nothing wrong with him voicing if strongly believes it then good for him..also there is plenty of criticism to be handed out.. i mean u have heat fans saying were an overrated team when the heat are one game below .500 u guys keep believing that :clap:

Jamiecballer
02-12-2010, 05:58 PM
how can u say this when CB4 has the highest points per shot in the nba???

how can you take exception to somebody agreeing with you?

soonabooma
02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
The cool thing for Bosh when he comes to OKC is....he will still be a GOD but he won't be forced to take the entire weight of the franchise on his shoulders. He can come in and be a team player and play with guys like KD, Westbrook, Green, Harden, Sefolosha, and Ibaka. That's when it will officially become "lights out" for the rest of the league. We'll have to build a special trophy room.

Hey, a guy can dream right?;)

Jonathan2323
02-12-2010, 06:00 PM
The cool thing for Bosh when he comes to OKC is....he will still be a GOD but he won't be forced to take the entire weight of the franchise on his shoulders. He can come in and be a team player and play with guys like KD, Westbrook, Green, Harden, Sefolosha, and Ibaka. That's when it will officially become "lights out" for the rest of the league. We'll have to build a special trophy room.

Hey, a guy can dream right?;)

you put Bosh on the Thunder right now they could challenge LA.

Sadds The Gr8
02-12-2010, 06:14 PM

umm....Bosh has already led the Raptors to a division title, 2 very competitive playoff series' vs Magic and Nets....so know ish b4 u talk ish...

and I guran-damn-tee that Bosh is more popular in TO than Pau EVER was in Memphis

GodsSon
02-12-2010, 06:17 PM

There's many options...Calderon is an attractive piece to teams looking for a solid guard, and I'm sure we could get back value for him...as I mentioned we potentially have use of the MLE this summer which could be used to bring another good piece in, plus we also have in the range of 11 million worth of expirings next season which is good trade bait...the options are there, it's just a matter of making the right move

B-Ray
02-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Chris Bosh might be more offensive than Howard Stern and Marilyn Manson combined.

oh no you di -int

NyCsPoRtS1
02-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Raptors fan here ... Bosh is an absolute god in Toronto, and Canada as a whole for that matter. Doubt he would get that same attention anywhere else. I know he wants to win tho ... so the only way I see him leaving is if the Raps have some kind of collapse in the second half.

lol a god in canada is like scandanavia....... bosh is good but a good #2 not a franchise player theres no way hes staying there

Jay_Dub
02-12-2010, 06:42 PM
lol a god in canada is like scandanavia....... bosh is good but a good #2 not a franchise player theres no way hes staying there

what does that even mean? a god in canada is like scandanavia?

DaoudS
02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
everyone who is saying he is a #2, if he is going to get #1 money from toronto and #1 marketing...why wouldn't he stay in Toronto?

td0tsfinest
02-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey its good to see Bosh show a little ego.

SA5195
02-12-2010, 06:57 PM
everyone who is saying he is a #2, if he is going to get #1 money from toronto and #1 marketing...why wouldn't he stay in Toronto?

Cause people think he'll leave just cause he's playing in "Canada".

If that was the case, he would be long gone.

He never complained about one thing.

phoenix_bladen
02-12-2010, 07:25 PM
i hope it's not a bosh pulling a marbury "i'm the best PG in the NBA" and then sucking afterwards......

Baller1
02-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Shut up Bosh! Go to OKC.

ldc62
02-12-2010, 08:06 PM
i hope it's not a bosh pulling a marbury "i'm the best PG in the NBA" and then sucking afterwards......

haha. Hey you're a Phoenix fan right? He didn't suck until after he left. So you guys go lucky.

Shut up Bosh! Go to OKC.

He would still be like a 1B option in OKC. OKC doesn't have much low post scorers so Bosh would touch the ball a lot. He basically said he doesn't wanna be a number 2, if he goes to the Thunder, I don't really consider him a "sidekick" seeing as how he may get the ball just as much as Durant. Bosh going to Bulls or OKC would be awesome, if hes not resigning.

JordansBulls
02-12-2010, 08:55 PM

If Bosh came to Chicago do you think he would be the franchise player or Rose?

ldc62
02-12-2010, 09:06 PM

1A and 1B or something like that. On nights one would dominate while the other looks on, sometimes both would. Rose can get easy assists by just breaking down his defender, force Bosh's man to commit and dish to Bosh for an easy score. Rose would avg. 18 and 15 atleast and the Rondo fans would still complain how Rose isn't as good as Rondo, and how it is because BOsh is on his team.

DaoudS
02-12-2010, 09:06 PM

Rose would be. Born and raised in Chicago if I am not mistaken and he is still young, athletic and has gobs of potential he hasn't even sniffed. Rose is the face of the Bulls for years to come.

Mile High Champ
02-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Wow Chronz you remain the biggest Bargnani hater on PSD.

Mile High Champ
02-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Bosh is a number 1 option. He is possibly the best PF in the game today with the only other consideration being Dirk, both however are in a class of their own. People just seem to hate on Bosh for no apparent reason, he averages 24 and 11 and has only gotten better every year he has been in the league.

His rebounding and defense have made great improvments this season, as has his toughness around the basket. I have never seen him work this hard, very few players outwork and out muscle him these days. He leads the league in double doubles and also leading his team into the playoffs right now as the 5th seed in the East. Bosh is truly one of the more gifted players in the league and at this point of the season, I would go as far as saying he is the best post player in the NBA. I would take him over any post player in the league and for me is easily a top 10 player in the game today.

LanceUpperCut
02-12-2010, 09:41 PM

I would take Bosh over Duncan right now hands down. Bosh will never have as good of a career as Duncan but as of right now Bosh>Duncan.

Jays Claw
02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Chris Bosh is a franchise player.

LanceUpperCut
02-12-2010, 09:56 PM
30 NBA teams and Bosh is'nt a number 1 option, his teams winning, monster numbers, one of the most eff. players in the league, 25 years old, Loved by his city and ownership, improving every year and his DVD just came out.

DaoudS
02-12-2010, 09:58 PM
30 NBA teams and Bosh is'nt a number 1 option, his teams winning, monster numbers, one of the most eff. players in the league, 25 years old, Loved by his city and ownership, improving every year and his DVD just came out.

don't forget the record deal.

AFlagRules
02-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Bosh has been consistently top 10 in almost all MVP races this season and he isn't a franchise player? Ok..

kikeyanez
02-13-2010, 01:50 AM
You better trade him for some ONE or loose him like we did baron davis IN THE OFF SEASON BOSH IS LEAVING

Chronz
02-13-2010, 01:59 AM
Wow Chronz you remain the biggest Bargnani hater on PSD.

How you liking the final season?

RaptorsFanatic
02-13-2010, 02:05 AM
How you liking the final season?

I love it.

Tha Truth
02-13-2010, 02:08 AM
You better trade him for some ONE or loose him like we did baron davis IN THE OFF SEASON BOSH IS LEAVING

Since when was Chris Bosh agent on PSD? :facepalm:

JordansBulls
02-13-2010, 02:24 AM
1A and 1B or something like that. On nights one would dominate while the other looks on, sometimes both would. Rose can get easy assists by just breaking down his defender, force Bosh's man to commit and dish to Bosh for an easy score. Rose would avg. 18 and 15 atleast and the Rondo fans would still complain how Rose isn't as good as Rondo, and how it is because BOsh is on his team.

Sort of like Boston with Garnett and Pierce.

MaHaRaJaH
02-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Hey its good to see Bosh show a little ego.

Yea, alittle tired of him taking the backseat

The Jokemaker
02-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Is that so Bosh? Then pray tell why they have brought in all these players to help you win and yet its still not happening... They have signed Hedo, Kapono, traded for O'neal, drafted players all the while knowning you were the best player on the team. Yet still no results, no deep run in the playoffs. Hell the bulls and hawks have made more playoff noise. Prove that you're a franchise player by leading your team deep into the playoffs and making your teammates better otherwise you are a number two guy regardless of what you think.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 02:59 AM
he's only 26, so he's getting there. He's getting mad respect in MVP ratings: #4 now on NBA.com

At this stage of his career, He's outperforming all big men not named Dirk Nowitzki. So I don't get why people are hating on him.

And people who bash Toronto and Bosh and the way they are playing: You would be praying and happy if Bosh came to your team. He already signed a contract to stay with the Raptors 4 years ago, why wouldn't he sign to stay another 4? He's gotten a lot better since then and in his mind, He's an elite big man, and he's showing you how much better he can get.

If Phoenix can be 9 games over .500 with a worse defensive rating in the West, i don't see why we can't improve our defense. And plus, no one can stop Toronto on offense. we have scored 100+ points in 17 straight games, 22-12, .647 since December and i believe we have the best winning percentage right after Cleveland.

Toronto's defense has been horrific unfortunately and that's something that needs be addressed at the trade deadline or in the offseason.

Bosh is still an average help defender unfortunately.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 03:03 AM
CB reached the AS break w/ ave 24.4 pts/11.4 reb. Only 3 other active players have ever averaged both 24 pts/11 reb by break, Shaq, Duncan, KG.

ldc62
02-13-2010, 03:43 AM
Is that so Bosh? Then pray tell why they have brought in all these players to help you win and yet its still not happening... They have signed Hedo, Kapono, traded for O'neal, drafted players all the while knowning you were the best player on the team. Yet still no results, no deep run in the playoffs. Hell the bulls and hawks have made more playoff noise. Prove that you're a franchise player by leading your team deep into the playoffs and making your teammates better otherwise you are a number two guy regardless of what you think.

I wanna agree because I wanna see Bosh step up in the playoffs. But regardless of what everyone thinks, hes going to get number 1 money. BTW hes only been in 2 playoff series... was Tmac consider a franchise player (back in the day)?

ldc62
02-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Sort of like Boston with Garnett and Pierce.

Yea I would agree with that statement, if Bosh were to join the BUlls or Thunder.

JayW_1023
02-13-2010, 07:42 AM
He is delusional to think he is a max player, and he will be disappointed when the Raps won't offer him max. He is a great second banana on a championship contender. His ego stands in the way of building a great legacy for himself. If he was more humble like Pau Gasol, people would give him alot more recognition.

Chronz
02-13-2010, 08:18 AM
I love it.

Would you consider me asking that question baiting?

JordansBulls
02-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Would you consider me asking that question baiting?

What question?

mike_noodles
02-13-2010, 10:03 AM
From the sounds of the last quote "maybe we should get somebody", he wants Toronto to go get one of the big named free agents to play second fiddle or 1A and 1B where he currently is.

tjlipford
02-13-2010, 10:08 AM
I wouldnt give him Lebron and D-Wade money!!!!!!!!!

jrice9
02-13-2010, 10:45 AM
An intersting thought would be trying to resign Bosh and then to sign and trade with one of the bigger 2nd tier free agents or just to MLE them.

BkOriginalOne
02-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Bosh needs to work with a dynamic guard to be successful.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 12:50 PM

as in playoffs successful or statistics successful?

Well DUH! you could say that about anyone like Wade and Lebron They can't win without a legitimate BIG MAN.

Lebron and Wade needs a dominate big man to win the championship while Bosh needs a dynamic guard to take the team to the next level. Easy as that.

So in my opinion, does Nowitzki deserve maximum money --> most would say yes. Bosh is a #4 MVP candidate as of right now and only 25 years old. This is Bosh entering his prime now. Does he deserve max money --> if you look at his stats and didn't know anything else --> you would say yes as well. He's been beasting all year long- the rest of the Toronto Raptors' players and coaches were the ones that needed to catch up to Bosh's level. (that, and chemistry)

So don't look at Bosh and then his team, you should at the team first and then look at Bosh. He's been one of the most efficient and steadfast player on the team and in the LEAGUE so far.

Dallas, in my opinion is missing that dynamic wing player to take the team to the next level.

KnicksorBust
02-13-2010, 01:12 PM

Well DUH! you could say that about anyone like Wade and Lebron They can't win without a legitimate BIG MAN.

Lebron and Wade needs a dominate big man to win the championship while Bosh needs a dynamic guard to take the team to the next level. Easy as that.

So in my opinion, does Nowitzki deserve maximum money --> most would say yes. Bosh is a #4 MVP candidate as of right now and only 25 years old. This is Bosh entering his prime now. Does he deserve max money --> if you look at his stats and didn't know anything else --> you would say yes as well. He's been beasting all year long- the rest of the Toronto Raptors' players and coaches were the ones that needed to catch up to Bosh's level. (that, and chemistry)

So don't look at Bosh and then his team, you should at the team first and then look at Bosh. He's been one of the most efficient and steadfast player on the team and in the LEAGUE so far.

Dallas, in my opinion is missing that dynamic wing player to take the team to the next level.

With this exception of the "well DUH!" I thought this was a good post. Bosh, like any other star, needs a great player playing opposite him to succeed at the next level. However, in my personal opinion, Bosh would be the secondary option in that scenario. I think if he was a primary star then the Raptors would have had more regular season/postseason success at this point in his young career. They had that one season as the #3 seed (where they got bounced by the Nets) and have since taken a step back. This season Bosh has had incredible individual success so it makes me think he's starting to take that quantum leap to superstardom but I just don't see it in him to be the #1 player on a title team. Great player? Yes. Perennial All-Star? Yes. Not #1 on a champion. That is reserved for a very few elite players.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Not a big fan of self proclaiment. Bosh is a terrific player, but as Toronto is constructed, they are no threat. Bosh is not a player you can build around imo. Those kind of players don't talk about it, they do it. THey also are allowed the ability to be given great management, to surround them with the right combination of players. Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, they had the right guys around them. Bosh just doesn't have that killer instinct that I have seen. However, that could change if he went to Houston for example, and Yao came back healthy, or if he went to NY, along with Joe Johnson for example. Its all a matter of circumstance. But to date, he is simply making an outrageous claim

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 01:50 PM
With this exception of the "well DUH!" I thought this was a good post. Bosh, like any other star, needs a great player playing opposite him to succeed at the next level. However, in my personal opinion, Bosh would be the secondary option in that scenario. I think if he was a primary star then the Raptors would have had more regular season/postseason success at this point in his young career. They had that one season as the #3 seed (where they got bounced by the Nets) and have since taken a step back. This season Bosh has had incredible individual success so it makes me think he's starting to take that quantum leap to superstardom but I just don't see it in him to be the #1 player on a title team. Great player? Yes. Perennial All-Star? Yes. Not #1 on a champion. That is reserved for a very few elite players.

If he's entering his prime, he could also very well be a year in and year out top 10 MVP candidate.

Is the highlighted words and the addition of the MVP consideration not enough to justify a max contract?

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Not a big fan of self proclaiment. Bosh is a terrific player, but as Toronto is constructed, they are no threat. Bosh is not a player you can build around imo. Those kind of players don't talk about it, they do it. THey also are allowed the ability to be given great management, to surround them with the right combination of players. Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, they had the right guys around them. Bosh just doesn't have that killer instinct that I have seen. However, that could change if he went to Houston for example, and Yao came back healthy, or if he went to NY, along with Joe Johnson for example. Its all a matter of circumstance. But to date, he is simply making an outrageous claim

I think that's the biggest piece of the puzzle right there for Toronto. If BC ever had figured we needed a dynamic wing player in the mold of a scorer and defensive presence, I don't think we would have this conversation right now.
What if Joe Johnson came to Toronto via sign and trade? I think you can say BC was building around Bosh.

It's a give and take. If Duncan didn't have good guard play and a hall-of-famer beside him in Robinson, he wouldn't be the same #1 you speak of. same with Shaq and Kobe. if they didn't have the corresponding players to make the team better, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

They would be in the same situation that Bosh is in right now. In fact, i think he's most dissed star b/c he's failed to win. You can't put the blame on him b/c the management has sucked in putting the right pieces around him

aman_13
02-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Haha Bosh just gave hints in this article that he would like to stay in a city like Toronto where he be could the franchise player and everyone is talking about whether or not he is worth the max, or if he is a franchise player which really isn't the point of the article. Bosh is getting the max, he is going to be the best PF in the league if he isn't already and for those who are calling him out because he says he is the kind of player you can build around, just get off your high horse.

aman_13
02-13-2010, 02:08 PM
It is also puzzling how fans rule him out as a franchise player when he is only 25 years old.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2010, 02:25 PM
I think that's the biggest piece of the puzzle right there for Toronto. If BC ever had figured we needed a dynamic wing player in the mold of a scorer and defensive presence, I don't think we would have this conversation right now.
What if Joe Johnson came to Toronto via sign and trade? I think you can say BC was building around Bosh.

It's a give and take. If Duncan didn't have good guard play and a hall-of-famer beside him in Robinson, he wouldn't be the same #1 you speak of. same with Shaq and Kobe. if they didn't have the corresponding players to make the team better, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

They would be in the same situation that Bosh is in right now. In fact, i think he's most dissed star b/c he's failed to win. You can't put the blame on him b/c the management has sucked in putting the right pieces around him

I will agree he takes a lot of blame. Welcome to KG and McGrady's criticism during their peak years, which is all justified despite management. A player who you can build around, should take that criticism until they prove otherwise. Its not a mystery why KG won his first MVP the year the Wolves went deep in the playoffs. And I am not confident that the Raptors can surround him with the necessary talent. Good management doesnt give Hedo that deal for example. Bosh is probably gone this offseason guys. Unless they make some miraculous run i nthe playoffs

DaoudS
02-13-2010, 02:35 PM
what would be a destination for Bosh where he would be that distinct franchise guy in a franchise that is going in the right direction?

I don't think New York counts...that team is in shambles and it'll be a very interesting off season for them.

The_905
02-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I will agree he takes a lot of blame. Welcome to KG and McGrady's criticism during their peak years, which is all justified despite management. A player who you can build around, should take that criticism until they prove otherwise. Its not a mystery why KG won his first MVP the year the Wolves went deep in the playoffs. And I am not confident that the Raptors can surround him with the necessary talent. Good management doesnt give Hedo that deal for example. Bosh is probably gone this offseason guys. Unless they make some miraculous run i nthe playoffs

Did no one read this article? How can you honestly say Bosh is probably gone this offseason after reading the article? When you talk about bringing players into Toronto usually that means that you want to stay, just sayin'. And for the Bosh haters who say he isn't a number # 1 option / is not a franchise player, the raptors are 21-10 since Dec. 3rd (Second best record in the association behind only the cavs) and with wins against Orlando, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Charlotte(at the time surging) and the Lakers while averaging 25 ppg and 12 rpg makes you a franchise player as you are clearly the number # 1 option with numbers like that.

Just stop hatin' on Bosh, he's turned into a beast, give the man the respect he deserves.

JordansBulls
02-13-2010, 02:47 PM

Droseeeeeeee

smith&wesson
02-13-2010, 03:11 PM

:clap: well said.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2010, 03:16 PM
[/B]

Did no one read this article? How can you honestly say Bosh is probably gone this offseason after reading the article? When you talk about bringing players into Toronto usually that means that you want to stay, just sayin'. And for the Bosh haters who say he isn't a number # 1 option / is not a franchise player, the raptors are 21-10 since Dec. 3rd (Second best record in the association behind only the cavs) and with wins against Orlando, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Charlotte(at the time surging) and the Lakers while averaging 25 ppg and 12 rpg makes you a franchise player as you are clearly the number # 1 option with numbers like that.

Just stop hatin' on Bosh, he's turned into a beast, give the man the respect he deserves.

I like Bosh. I am by no means hating on him. But he needs to prove he can lead a team deep into the playoffs before he starts talking about how he can be the guy to build around, sorry.
And I still think he leaves unless Toronto goes to the 2nd round or better. He is saying all the right things. But the proof is in the pudding. I doubt he stays if a team like Chicago goes after him for example, and he sees Rose just sitting there waiting for him. Just an example

VCaintdead17
02-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I think Bosh can be a number 1 option given a good supporting cast, but that can be said about a lot of players. There are a lot of variables involved with a topic like this, (coaching, second options, role players, ect.) and I don 't think you can literally depend on one player alone to bring you success.

And if Bosh does leave, the Raptors are still in MUCH better shape than other teams like the Cavs, Heat or Suns would be if they lost their star. I really do think Bargs has what it takes to be a number one option, and Derozan could possibly be a good sidekick to him if he pans out.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 03:23 PM

and if i'm not mistaken Sprewell and another player i don't remember was in Minny helping KG out.

In this day and age, no player can win it all by himself as #1, even if they were Lebron, Kobe and Wade, and it's been proven. They can only do so much with the lack of a dedicated roster built around those players. You need at least a decent #2 to even come close. That's why you can't judge Bosh's demand for the team to built around him, especially when he's one of the best big men in today's game. He's saying that so that MANAGEMENT can do something about it and get a legit #2 option guard on the team.

Basically, "get me help cuz i'm willing to stay if you do" I think that is what Bosh is trying to say to BC indirectly. BC, get him that #1B or #2 option player.

Legitimate
02-13-2010, 03:25 PM
i think people are just caught up in the past therefore they fail to realize that bosh has taken it up a whole new level this season. He is able to carry the offensive load for any team in the nba. Is top ten in like more than 3 categories i think, rebounds,feild goal%,PPG,FTA,FTM. I'm telling ya'll bosh really stepped it up this year even nba.com is showing respect by putting him high on the mvp race thingy. If wade is considered to be a franchise player on struggling to make the playoffs heat team then why not Bosh b/c he leading us to take the atlantic division from the celtics. Its just ludicrous to say that bosh is onlya '2nd' option when he can carry the offensive load for any team in the nba. BTW bosh has to be the most consisent in the nba , I don't recall him having a badgame at all this year, a bad game for bosh is like19-9 game haha.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2010, 03:27 PM
and if i'm not mistaken Sprewell and another player i don't remember was in Minny helping KG out.

In this day and age, no player can win it all by himself as #1, even if they were Lebron, Kobe and Wade, and it's been proven. They can only do so much with the lack of a dedicated roster built around those players. You need at least a decent #2 to even come close. That's why you can't judge Bosh's demand for the team to built around him, especially when he's one of the best big men in today's game. He's saying that so that MANAGEMENT can do something about it and get a legit #2 option guard on the team.

Basically, "get me help cuz i'm willing to stay if you do" I think that is what Bosh is trying to say to BC indirectly. BC, get him that #1B or #2 option player.

unless you can move one of the stupid deals you have, if not two of them, in Bargs, Hedo, Jack, or Calderon, and you still have another year of both Evans and Banks, its not looking promising. SOrry. The Raps have painted themselves in a corner temporarily. If they can convince Bosh to stay one more year in quasi contender, and then try and move one of those huge contracts (good luck), then maybe.
It was SPree and Cassell. One year attempt at it all, and it failed.
What I mean is, how on earth do you plan on getting him the #1b option with your current contractual status?

Legitimate
02-13-2010, 03:28 PM

Legitimate
02-13-2010, 03:28 PM
this is not the bosh from previous years. this is a whole new bosh this year! show respect where respect is due

Legitimate
02-13-2010, 03:32 PM

bascally he's sayin ..package DD n calderon for a star 2guard:P then i'll stay

DaoudS
02-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I like Bosh. I am by no means hating on him. But he needs to prove he can lead a team deep into the playoffs before he starts talking about how he can be the guy to build around, sorry.
And I still think he leaves unless Toronto goes to the 2nd round or better. He is saying all the right things. But the proof is in the pudding. I doubt he stays if a team like Chicago goes after him for example, and he sees Rose just sitting there waiting for him. Just an example

A counter point to that is that Rose is the face of the franchise and Bosh would be a piece they bring in to build around him - not the other way around.

notoriouzzzz
02-13-2010, 03:56 PM
He is delusional to think he is a max player, and he will be disappointed when the Raps won't offer him max. He is a great second banana on a championship contender. His ego stands in the way of building a great legacy for himself. If he was more humble like Pau Gasol, people would give him alot more recognition.
Who are you... Pure fools that catch 2 or 3 raptors game/season come out with no clue giving their opinions. Most of you commenting probably watched the raptors early season games before the team started to jell. The team started this year incorporating 7 or 8 new guys. They're getting better because chemistry is getting better and it shows on the defensive end. The defense is better right now because of it. Raptors keep improving the way they are and they can still get the 3rd or the 4th seed. What franchise player in league history made it deep in the playoffs with scrubs on his team. Kobe came close against phoenix. other than Kobe and James who in the league make things happen out of nothing. Bosh is a franchise player.. with the right pieces around him, he will succeed. Dwight Howard is seen as a franchise player and he can only wish he was as nice as Bosh. Dwight always had a nicer team hands down!!! Watch raptors games more frequently before you open your mouth and embarrass yourself.

notoriouzzzz
02-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Any big man does!!!

thescore53
02-13-2010, 04:14 PM
you know what im just surprised he hasnt missed any games this year

LanceUpperCut
02-13-2010, 04:19 PM
unless you can move one of the stupid deals you have, if not two of them, in Bargs, Hedo, Jack, or Calderon, and you still have another year of both Evans and Banks, its not looking promising. SOrry. The Raps have painted themselves in a corner temporarily. If they can convince Bosh to stay one more year in quasi contender, and then try and move one of those huge contracts (good luck), then maybe.
It was SPree and Cassell. One year attempt at it all, and it failed.
What I mean is, how on earth do you plan on getting him the #1b option with your current contractual status?

I get everyone talking about Hedo and ya maybe even Jose as a stupid deal but Bargnani and Jack stupid deals come on now I can't take anything you say serious.

thescore53
02-13-2010, 04:24 PM
good thing is the raptors are willing to go over the lexury tax

LanceUpperCut
02-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Haha Bosh just gave hints in this article that he would like to stay in a city like Toronto where he could the franchise player and everyone is talking about whether or not he is worth the max, or if he is a franchise player which really isn't the point of the article. Bosh is getting the max, he is going to be the best PF in the league if he isn't already and for those who are calling him out because he says he is the kind of player you can build around, just get off your high horse.

You nailed it. I love how no one comments on your post. You'll just hear the same Yo he leaven Torroonnto Dog he want be in big market dog like Chicago or New York dog comments. But were all the homers posting articles and giving several reasons why he will stay but no none of that matters.

thescore53
02-13-2010, 04:38 PM
miami is also a small market but it can get big free agent because of the city and weather

but this whole superstar players need to play in big markets needs to stop it killin the league if lebron wa drafted by ny then noone here would say hes leavin

this isnt the old days where you couldnt see a player much because wheres hes playing

Chronz
02-13-2010, 04:41 PM
What question?

How you liking the last season of lost.

Legitimate
02-13-2010, 05:04 PM
How you liking the last season of lost.

*coughs*

mrblisterdundee
02-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Is that why everyone's talking about pairing him with a franchise player? It seems as if he's bound to become the second option, although I could see Bosh and Wade/Durant/Rose/LeBron being equal offensive options.

mrblisterdundee
02-13-2010, 05:23 PM
miami is also a small market but it can get big free agent because of the city and weather

but this whole superstar players need to play in big markets needs to stop it killin the league if lebron wa drafted by ny then noone here would say hes leavin

this isnt the old days where you couldnt see a player much because wheres hes playing

I disagree with the city of Miami being a big draw for free agents. The weather is fantastic, but people from Miami are horrible, and not just at driving.

Kakaroach
02-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Toronto is not a small market at all. I'm sure the Canadians are pretty tired at having to explain that about a million times every time Bosh leaving Toronto is mentioned.

Of course he is a player you can build around, and I think he can be a first option on a contender, or a fantastic second option.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Is that why everyone's talking about pairing him with a franchise player? It seems as if he's bound to become the second option, although I could see Bosh and Wade/Durant/Rose/LeBron being equal offensive options.

to tell you the truth- i don't see ANY of those players winning ANYTHING without a second star on the team. See what i mean?

JordansBulls
02-13-2010, 06:21 PM

That's because it is a lot to do in Miami.

Jonathan2323
02-13-2010, 06:26 PM
I disagree with the city of Miami being a big draw for free agents. The weather is fantastic, but people from Miami are horrible, and not just at driving.

:facepalm:

ink
02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Toronto is not a small market at all. I'm sure the Canadians are pretty tired at having to explain that about a million times every time Bosh leaving Toronto is mentioned.

Of course he is a player you can build around, and I think he can be a first option on a contender, or a fantastic second option.

You're always fair minded. Thanks man.

thescore53
02-13-2010, 07:34 PM
before you the bash canada thing start i wanna say CANADIANS HAVE SOULS!!!!!!

JordansBulls
02-13-2010, 08:34 PM

I just think he needs a guy like Paul Pierce as his running mate and maybe a shooter like Ray Allen and he would be able to win.

heathonater
02-13-2010, 10:10 PM
bosh would be better off playing with another star if he wants a championship ring. he should not pass up the opportunity to play with lebron or wade if that opportunity presents itself.

koreancabbage
02-13-2010, 10:29 PM
bosh would be better off playing with another star if he wants a championship ring. he should not pass up the opportunity to play with lebron or wade if that opportunity presents itself.

yea, let Wade come to Toronto, i'll be fine with that.

JordansBulls
02-14-2010, 10:31 AM
yea, let Wade come to Toronto, i'll be fine with that.

He would go to Chicago before he goes to Toronto.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2010, 01:14 PM
I get everyone talking about Hedo and ya maybe even Jose as a stupid deal but Bargnani and Jack stupid deals come on now I can't take anything you say serious.

While Bargs is playing over his worth currently, that will change as his contract progresses. He is a poor rebounder, a poor defender, and draws little to no fouls. He is a spot up shooter you will be giving millions to for another 5 years.
And Jack? Really? A below league average PER, who will eat your mid level up for the next 3 seasons after this one.
Yes, those are bad deals.
Hedo's deal is terrible. And Jose is fine, but for $29 million over the next 3 seasons starting next year, I would want a bit more.

BALLER71
02-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Bosh is also the kind of player that gets dunked on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9U3bcl_Qpk) by Cheeseburger Eddy.

GodsSon
02-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Bosh is also the kind of player that gets dunked on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9U3bcl_Qpk) by Cheeseburger Eddy.

That's nice of you to show the only Curry highlight from the last 2 years lol

Kakaroach
02-14-2010, 02:18 PM
You're always fair minded. Thanks man. Yeah, I know the city of Toronto pretty well and thanks.

I just think he needs a guy like Paul Pierce as his running mate and maybe a shooter like Ray Allen and he would be able to win. Chris Bosh would still be considered the first option on that team though correct? But I see what your saying with the other necessary players as well.

AK-50
02-14-2010, 02:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X46eiUpiRPY

Jays Claw
02-14-2010, 03:43 PM

Dwyane Wade is the kind of player who does this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxBZGyCACJo) :facepalm:

Phillyfiasco46
02-14-2010, 03:52 PM
I would welcome Bosh over Amare with no problem for philladelphia but too bad we won't have any cap space to even get him to listen. Bosh is a franchise player and is somebody that will probably get sixers to atleast 50 wins with ease

THE MTL
02-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Iono cause Toronto is kind of built around his strengths and it isnt working so far.

BALLER71
02-14-2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X46eiUpiRPY

Oh no! 7 foot Chris Bosh dunked on Steve Francis! It's so rare to see 7 footers dunk on smaller guards. That truly was an amazing play by Chris Bosh. He showed strength and finesse while he overpowered a guy who weighs 200 pounds. What an elite athlete.

smith&wesson
02-14-2010, 04:08 PM
While Bargs is playing over his worth currently, that will change as his contract progresses. He is a poor rebounder, a poor defender, and draws little to no fouls. He is a spot up shooter you will be giving millions to for another 5 years.
And Jack? Really? A below league average PER, who will eat your mid level up for the next 3 seasons after this one.
Hedo's deal is terrible. And Jose is fine, but for $29 million over the next 3 seasons starting next year, I would want a bit more.

Reading your post hurts my head. i actually now know you dont have a clue about what your saying.

Jay_Dub
02-14-2010, 04:13 PM

You're wrong ... Jack is doing great. You can talk all you want about stats ... but he heart, leadership, and toughness and is a steal at 5 mil a year.

And about Bargs I'll give you the fact that he is a terrible rebounder. But the other points you made are completely wrong. They were true when he was in his first two years ... but now he plays good defense. He averages 1.44 block a game. He has also developed a nice post game.

Jose on the other hand has a terrible contract ... he gets 8 or 9 mil and he comes off the bench.

ink
02-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Reading your post hurts my head. i actually now know you dont have a clue about what your saying.

Since Toronto gets so little exposure, I think it's fair to say that few outside of Canada have a clue about Raptors players. I see a lot of dependence on generalized stats and rankings in threads like this. People extrapolate from fairly useless stats without having any real exposure to the team itself. It would be like me talking about the Trail Blazers and pretending I had any meaningful, specific insights into that team.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2010, 04:26 PM

the correct me. I understand Jack's amount of money for his tenure of service in the NBA, and him being a 25 mpg PG off the bench or starting, but Jose's deal is terrible, Hedo's is epic, and tell me what you think Bargs will be, seeing as he doesn't rebound, defend, or draw fouls, and is simply a shooter at this point, and most likely going forward. I have watched the Raps play about 7-8 times this year, I am looking beyond stats. Evans and Banks are expiring deals that may be able to be moved if someone is looking for that this summer. Nobody will touch your other deals that are longterm, so resigning Bosh is probable, maybe, but he aint getting that "1a option" he so desperately needs. DeRozan looks to be a capagle SG down the road if he ever figures out how to shoot, not rush, and pass, he can help. But as currently constructed, the Raps are not a threat, and as their salaries are currently constructed, they will not be able to bring help in for at least 2 years.
Instead of calling me an idiot, prove me wrong.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Since Toronto gets so little exposure, I think it's fair to say that few outside of Canada have a clue about Raptors players. I see a lot of dependence on generalized stats and rankings in threads like this. People extrapolate from fairly useless stats without having any real exposure to the team itself. It would be like me talking about the Trail Blazers and pretending I had any meaningful, specific insights into that team.

while everyone knows more about 1 team specifically, then maybe another handful, NBA league pass allows nerds like me to catch up on every team. I try to watch even the teams I dont care about at least 10 times a year. But, I dont go into some team threads that I just dont get the chance to watch much. I have seen the Raps a few times this year though.

ink
02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
the correct me. I understand Jack's amount of money for his tenure of service in the NBA, and him being a 25 mpg PG off the bench or starting, but Jose's deal is terrible, Hedo's is epic, and tell me what you think Bargs will be, seeing as he doesn't rebound, defend, or draw fouls, and is simply a shooter at this point, and most likely going forward. I have watched the Raps play about 7-8 times this year, I am looking beyond stats. Evans and Banks are expiring deals that may be able to be moved if someone is looking for that this summer. Nobody will touch your other deals that are longterm, so resigning Bosh is probable, maybe, but he aint getting that "1a option" he so desperately needs. DeRozan looks to be a capagle SG down the road if he ever figures out how to shoot, not rush, and pass, he can help. But as currently constructed, the Raps are not a threat, and as their salaries are currently constructed, they will not be able to bring help in for at least 2 years.
Instead of calling me an idiot, prove me wrong.

I don't think he's called you an idiot anywhere. A lot of what you're written is opinion and you're entitled to it, but since it's been beaten to death in here and people are still holding their respective positions on all of these topics, I don't see the point in challenging someone to prove anything. That's a myth that web users perpetuate: that you can actually prove anything online. At a certain point it's more sensible just to say "believe what you like". :)

Hawkeye15
02-14-2010, 04:32 PM
and I will admit, Bargs has taken steps defensively this year. But he still has issues.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't think he's called you an idiot anywhere. A lot of what you're written is opinion and you're entitled to it, but since it's been beaten to death in here and people are still holding their respective positions on all of these topics, I don't see the point in challenging someone to prove anything. That's a myth that web users perpetuate: that you can actually prove anything online. At a certain point it's more sensible just to say "believe what you like". :)

that I will agree with. And my point was, instead of telling me I make your head hurt from not knowing what I am talking about, then share your opinion. Afterall, isnt this a board of opinions?
Peace

ink
02-14-2010, 04:50 PM
[/B]

that I will agree with. And my point was, instead of telling me I make your head hurt from not knowing what I am talking about, then share your opinion. Afterall, isnt this a board of opinions?
Peace

True enough. I know you tend to know what you're talking about so that comment was a bit much. But I still think most people in this thread base their "analysis" as such on generalized stats. Besides, if someone looks at players looking for faults it's different than looking at a player and actually just watching what they can do. Doesn't matter who the player is, we all do it. The problem happens when that jaded view gets set in stone and accepted as some sort of "truth" by an internet forum. It's misleading at best. We see this a lot with Raptors players in these threads. A lot of inaccuracy or heavily biased judgements.

Kakaroach
02-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Since Toronto gets so little exposure, I think it's fair to say that few outside of Canada have a clue about Raptors players. I see a lot of dependence on generalized stats and rankings in threads like this. People extrapolate from fairly useless stats without having any real exposure to the team itself. It would be like me talking about the Trail Blazers and pretending I had any meaningful, specific insights into that team. People do value stats a whole lot, but thats cuz they mainly don't watch the team play and stuff.

But I watch the Raptors play a lot, and in my mind I think Bosh is a legit first option.

JordansBulls
02-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Bosh is getting 24 and 11 this year on 53% FG.

That is a career year. I hope he can continue it.

aman_13
02-14-2010, 07:10 PM
It's true, people make too many judgements based on stats.

ink
02-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Bosh is getting 24 and 11 this year on 53% FG.

That is a career year. I hope he can continue it.

He is beasting it. Definitely a career year.

ldc62
02-14-2010, 07:50 PM
This probably won't change people mind of Bosh, but:

How can a guy who might make 1st All NBA team (For sure 2nd) not be a franchise player??? Makes no sense to me, unless you are saying that you can't build franchises around PFs (Duncan, KG were franchise players if I'm not mistaken).

Hawkeye15
02-14-2010, 07:53 PM
sorry bout my small tirade, back to the thread. Bosh is playing like a total beast, in a contract year. I would love to see him in Houston alongside Yao.

0nekhmer
02-14-2010, 07:53 PM
He would go to Chicago before he goes to Toronto.

Because.. Chicago Is playing so well right? and that the Raptors don't have a star he want's to play with? :clap:

Hawkeye15
02-14-2010, 07:55 PM
This probably won't change people mind of Bosh, but:

How can a guy who might make 1st All NBA team (For sure 2nd) not be a franchise player??? Makes no sense to me, unless you are saying that you can't build franchises around PFs (Duncan, KG were franchise players if I'm not mistaken).

I think you can build around him, but it needs to be done correctly, of which it has not. If you could give him a dynamic wing, a big defensive C to back him up, and depth at the guard positions, and a great coach, then there you go. He is no KG, no way. But he is very, very good, and a top 10 player this year easy. Duncan walked into dream scenario plan A. Bosh, and most of the NBA, did not

JordansBulls
02-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Because.. Chicago Is playing so well right? and that the Raptors don't have a star he want's to play with? :clap:

Chicago is his home town.

Jays Claw
02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Chris Bosh is a legit franchise player. If you say otherwise, just look at what he did in the 2010 all star game. He was a beast on national television! He basically won the game for his conference.

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Bosh is slowly winning me over.

Jays Claw
02-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Bosh is slowly winning me over.

I'm sure he is. :rolleyes:

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Wade + Bosh next year is gonna tear the league up!

Jays Claw
02-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Wade + Bosh next year is going to tear the league up!

I'm sure they will.

I hope Dwyane doesn't mind the cold weather. :rolleyes:

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-15-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm sure they will.

lol :p

HeirCanada
02-15-2010, 02:57 AM
Wade + Bosh next year is gonna tear the league up!

TORONTO - The opening scene of Chris Bosh's new documentary, "First Ink," shows the hoopster cruising around Toronto, city lights shining off the gleaming hood of his car while a soundtrack blares the same sample over and over: "Rep T-Dot till they bury me."

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/celebs/article.aspx?cp-documentid=22821830

Chronz
02-15-2010, 03:20 AM
I just think he needs a guy like Paul Pierce as his running mate and maybe a shooter like Ray Allen and he would be able to win.

I always love your analysis JB

DaoudS
02-15-2010, 03:43 AM
Chicago is his home town.

ummm....pretty sure its Dallas. You're thinking about Wade.

marvILLous
02-15-2010, 03:45 AM
he is talking about wade lol

DaoudS
02-15-2010, 10:38 AM
he is talking about wade lol

oh ok, my bad

uncleben989
02-15-2010, 11:06 AM

Wade is also the kind of player that gets dunked on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKZ-KmR5Qw) by JJ Hickson.

:p

koreancabbage
02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
I think everyone is just comparing him to Wade and Lebron, and how much they are franchise players compared to everyone in this free agency class. Bosh isn't as "great" as them that's because everyone has been riding Lebron an Dwade's nuts all season long. Bosh is basically playing in their shadows in most of everyone's mind. They see this PF playing Toronto, Canada, knowing nothing about Canada or Toronto, and then based their assumption that, geez, it's cold up there, and no way would a guy putting up great stats would stay in Toronto: here's a fact--> He stayed the last time his contract ended, and he was renewed for another 4 years. So i don't know why people can't see he could be staying.

To tell you the truth, Miami is a lot more dysfunctional now than dangerous. Toronto has the pieces to win the East if Wade go theres- cuz the selling point for Toronto and Bosh to Wade, Joe Johnson: "hey Wade, you're the missing piece for the championship run, we'd be balling for the next 4-5 years guaranteed, let's get a sign and trade done pronto"

going to Chicago, you definitely can't have the same selling point- sure, playoff team, but if Wade goes to Toronto with Bosh resigning, we got all the necessary pieces for a championship run for the next 4-5 years. I can't say the same for Miami or Chicago. they got no center nor decent PGs. and plus, Toronto's management has been given the green light go way over the cap, especially when the player is DWade.

But it would be hilarious if Wade came to Toronto in some hilarious transaction in a sign and trade. Not saying Bosh can't leave in the same manner to be traded to Miami, but it would definitely be more interesting if Wade came to Toronto than Bosh leaving Toronto.

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm sure they will.

He loves Chicago, it is his home.

RaptorsFanatic
02-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Iono cause Toronto is kind of built around his strengths and it isnt working so far.

Coming from a Knick fan saying "it isn't working so far."

LMAO How Ironic.

thescore53
02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Coming from a Knick fan saying "it isn't working so far."

LMAO How Ironic.

lol man yo i like your sig fresno actually said those things haha

ignorance isnt bliss people

RaptorsFanatic
02-15-2010, 03:28 PM
lol man yo i like your sig fresno actually said those things haha

ignorance isnt bliss people

Tell me about it, the only person who feels stupid now is him, lol.

thescore53
02-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Tell me about it, the only person who feels stupid now is him, lol.

oo i think i remeber that day he was being really abnoxious he was keep on repeating >you mad what you mad>

didnt think hell take that far lol

thescore53
02-15-2010, 03:39 PM
was it stepen a smith who started the whole bosh is leaving t dot thing funny thing is the media doesnt even see it as a possibility he will stay

JordansBulls
02-15-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm sure he is. :rolleyes:

:confused: