PDA

View Full Version : David Lee to replace Allen Iverson at ASG

HammerHead1
02-11-2010, 06:09 PM
From the same link in the Jason Kidd/Kobe Bryant thread.

Also just filed to ESPN.com: Philadelphia's Allen Iverson (personal matters) will be replaced by New York's David Lee

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Fresno
02-11-2010, 06:11 PM
He just said he was going to play in the ASG like a few hours ago, wonder what happened.

David Lee? Why not Jamal Crawford who is having an All Star year as a 6th Man.

ManRam
02-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Great news!

DaoudS
02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
thank god.

NYKnickFanatic
02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
WOOOO!!! :clap:

td0tsfinest
02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm really suprised with all the injuries.

Paul, Roy, Kobe, AI( in his case not an injury but its good he's not in it though). Rose is hurt right now, really don't think he should be participating either.

J4KOP99
02-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Great news, congratulations Lee.

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
He deserves it

20-11 dude 55% from the field and the best passing center in the league.

knickerbockerny
02-11-2010, 06:27 PM
He deserved it!

TheKing23
02-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Who's gonna be the starting PG in the East now then?

Cue Rondo vs. Rose argument...

Chronz
02-11-2010, 06:32 PM
YES!!!!!!

Thank god I dont have to watch AI ruin the game

Chacarron
02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Lee baby!!! Justice is served.

$KnicksAndKobe$

Oh no you didn't ... :facepalm:

Rose vs Rondo fangirls ... GO!

fairandbalanced
I think Iverson should have played despite people criticizing him. The ASG is about entertainment, I do not want to watch a boring excellent player, i'll rather watch a entertaining good player. Fans voted for who they want to see, and whomever is voted in, should play... I believe A.I dropped out because of so much haters.....

Your thoughts................

ChiSox219
02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Is Josh Smith still not in the game?

fairandbalanced
02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
thread already available....delete please.

JayW_1023
02-11-2010, 06:35 PM
It should have been like this from the beginning. David Lee was overrated last year...and this year he is underrated...because I believe no player has improved more this season. Not even Aaron Brooks.

Ballin274
02-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Source??? If this is true, this is like the first victory for the knicks in at least 10 years... feels kind of good in a wierd way, not used to Knicks getting anything these days

knicks09
02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
David Lee earned it ! He shoulda made the team in the first place not just as a replacement. 20 points per game with 11 rebounds are by far all-star stats and he leads the NBA in assists per game as a center. Finally the Knicks get an all-star

GodsSon
02-11-2010, 06:47 PM
:clap: at least I won't see AI trying to go 1 on 5

Kakaroach
02-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Yay no Allen Iverson! And David Lee is a great choice, deserving guy.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I wonder who will start b/w Rondo and Rose. obv my vote goes to #9

Evolution23
02-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Thank god about time a deserving guy got it

Strumpy
02-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Rondo.
Bulls fans, where you at?

raptors_fanatic
02-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Joe Johnson should be starting, PG or not....Rondo and Rose don't deserve it as much as him

3RDASYSTEM
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Yea thank the man we dont have to see AI go for his 3RD ASG MVP...wait hold on that stupid ballhog team chemistry killer cant have 1 let alone 2...how could the NBA do that CHRONZ, he has ruined the game for the past 17yrs he been playin the same way since 93 go YOUTUBE his AAU mix....go back and tell me how mad would you be if you ''played'' the game and had to change yours but your ''peer'' was still playin same way....how mad would you be CHRONZ....my bad you aint never ''played'' the game'''...bunch of spectators...not only did he change his game in DET but got blamed for doing it, so maybe he should have just stayed the same ballhog and DET would have went somewhere....can you imagine RIP tellin KOBE he'll be lucky to get 12shots per game like he told AI when he arrived ...tell me any SUPERSTAR/LEGEND outside of MAGIC JOHNSON/NASH/KIDD who can be effective with those limited shot attempts...KOBE&RIP would have been throwin blows cuz KOBE is just as much a ballhog who acts/wants to be like MJ(the 2nd 3peat version,not the young ''COME FLY WITH ME'' version) ''not better'' so the league/media influences yall to believe it ....Everytime u watch ESPN they always throw MJ/KOBE name together to trick yall and yall fall for the bait, they dont have same mentality, MJ woulda butted heads with ARTEST like he did back n those BULLS/KNICKS days, i dont even kno why i bother to educate anymore,go to bed CHRONZ....stop hatin on a dude who played thru injuries during his career that guys sit out wks for nowadays and back then....i got big luv for athletes who dont conform to media spotlight BS its just not too many out there....AI's game got him to where he is not his ''image''...guess its just somethin yall wont never figure out...a 5''9 guy capable of droppn 40/50 gettin triple teamed(JORDAN RULES) back in his PHILLY DAYS and now the NBA basically got him scared to play his game cuz ''his game'' didnt slow down like they thought it would...Hey how come when he left DEN they got better and everybody said it was because he left....but how come since he left DET they complete opposite...so if ya really had bball common sense he really had nothing to do with either because he only played really 1 YR in DEN....Also how come coach CURRY aint bein hounded by the media to get his reply bout wat RIP&AI said bout him, that goes to show you the media only puts out things on certain people and not give ya the truth.....for those who dont understand or think im talkin crazy send me ur email so i can shoot ya my number so we can have a live chat bout this....Why yall think the media aint sayin **** now ...its because he's taken 11shots per game,even worse than DET...so maybe he has conformed now to them after 13yrs....

Baller1
02-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Yea thank the man we dont have to see AI go for his 3RD ASG MVP...wait hold on that stupid ballhog team chemistry killer cant have 1 let alone 2...how could the NBA do that CHRONZ, he has ruined the game for the past 17yrs he been playin the same way since 93 go YOUTUBE his AAU mix....go back and tell me how mad would you be if you ''played'' the game and had to change yours but your ''peer'' was still playin same way....how mad would you be CHRONZ....my bad you aint never ''played'' the game'''...bunch of spectators...not only did he change his game in DET but got blamed for doing it, so maybe he should have just stayed the same ballhog and DET would have went somewhere....can you imagine RIP tellin KOBE he'll be lucky to get 12shots per game like he told AI when he arrived ...tell me any SUPERSTAR/LEGEND outside of MAGIC JOHNSON/NASH/KIDD who can be effective with those limited shot attempts...KOBE&RIP would have been throwin blows cuz KOBE is just as much a ballhog who acts/wants to be like MJ(the 2nd 3peat version,not the young ''COME FLY WITH ME'' version) ''not better'' so the league/media influences yall to believe it ....Everytime u watch ESPN they always throw MJ/KOBE name together to trick yall and yall fall for the bait, they dont have same mentality, MJ woulda butted heads with ARTEST like he did back n those BULLS/KNICKS days, i dont even kno why i bother to educate anymore,go to bed CHRONZ....stop hatin on a dude who played thru injuries during his career that guys sit out wks for nowadays and back then....i got big luv for athletes who dont conform to media spotlight BS its just not too many out there....AI's game got him to where he is not his ''image''...guess its just somethin yall wont never figure out...a 5''9 guy capable of droppn 40/50 gettin triple teamed(JORDAN RULES) back in his PHILLY DAYS and now the NBA basically got him scared to play his game cuz ''his game'' didnt slow down like they thought it would...Hey how come when he left DEN they got better and everybody said it was because he left....but how come since he left DET they complete opposite...so if ya really had bball common sense he really had nothing to do with either because he only played really 1 YR in DEN....Also how come coach CURRY aint bein hounded by the media to get his reply bout wat RIP&AI said bout him, that goes to show you the media only puts out things on certain people and not give ya the truth.....for those who dont understand or think im talkin crazy send me ur email so i can shoot ya my number so we can have a live chat bout this....Why yall think the media aint sayin **** now ...its because he's taken 11shots per game,even worse than DET...so maybe he has conformed now to them after 13yrs....

Holy ****.

save the knicks
02-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Haha thats right 3RDASYSTEM stick it to the man!
**** the system

i <3 cultural angst

Da Knicks
good job lee

nitric
Rondo.
Bulls fans, where you at?

Weren't you the fans saying Rose won't even make it in the first place?

HoopsDrive
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Round 1

FIGHT

Cool007
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Well Deserved. I think Lee should have made it over Horford in the first place.

With AI injured, they should have picked Josh Smith instead.

Oh well.

Who starts in place of AI??? I let SVG answer that.

He finished the play, which is incredible,” said Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, the East All Star coach who said he had hoped to play Rose a lot because he is so impressed with Rose. “That’s what I said to my assistants. He made that because he’s so strong. He’s a little bit like LeBron (James) going to the hoop. People bounce off. Dwight’s coming to block it and he’s (Rose) looking for contact. It’s a pretty good collision. I hope he’s OK.

Giaps
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Nice, the Knicks now have as many all-stars as the Cavs do...

LOL

Sports Illustrator
02-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Joe Johnson should be starting, PG or not....Rondo and Rose don't deserve it as much as him

I have to strongly agree with you here. Joe Johnson or Dwyane Wade should start at PG, and the other at SG obviously.

Allen Iverson decided not to play in this one because he has an ill daughter. I hope she feels better.
http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nbanews.asp?articleID=274799

I must say though, I am not excited because Allen Iverson isn't playing, like I see other people are. It's just that I don't think he deserves it this year, but no one can deny that he is an exciting player.

As far as the Rose vs. Rondo argument, my vote goes to Derrick Rose. Give Rose just one good big man to play with and you'll really see what he's made of. Noah is getting there, but I am speaking more in terms of an All-Star big man. Every legit PG needs one of those.

PC
02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
8 years was long enough, congrats Lee:)

But as for the Rose vs. Rondo argument, I would say Rose by a decent margin

Ovratd1up
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM

Joe Johnson? Who gets to pick?

Chronz
02-11-2010, 08:06 PM

Personal preference bro, I just dont like watching AI play

Gibby
02-11-2010, 08:17 PM
i would have wade playing the PG and Joe Johnson starting at SG. Its an ASG positions arent that important. Plus wade and lebron can handle the ball so PG isnt that important. Just go with the best guard on the reserves.

WITZ
02-11-2010, 08:17 PM
At least they got this one right, now why the ******* did they choose kidd out west :facepalm:

Pentagram
02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
I think Josh Smith is 10x more deserving.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-11-2010, 08:43 PM
no!!! :cry:

dev0
02-11-2010, 08:43 PM
toooooo many injuries
lee probably deserved it over horford in the first place

GoatMilk
02-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I was hoping for Stephen Jackson, oh well

BkOriginalOne
02-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm an Allen Iverson fan, so I wanted him to have his last ASG.
Oh well, he'll just have to earn one next year.

Chronz
02-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I think Josh Smith is 10x more deserving.

Definitely but Stern has an agenda with rewarding a single team 3 all-stars

thedfactor
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
david lee is still underrated.

ldc62
02-11-2010, 09:07 PM
wow... why not J Smooth? Lee is 2nd tho on my replacement list.

jim51990
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
if rose starts over rondo thats bs and everyone knows it
id be fine if they move made to 1 and star joe johnson at the 2 but if rose starts ill be pissed

slack_justin
02-11-2010, 09:23 PM
good he shouldnt have been in it anyway, if you want more streetball then watch and1 or streetball.

NYMets0507
02-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Finally! Hell has frozen over! Pigs can fly! THE NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS ARE GOING TO THE ALL STAR GAME!!!

GET SOME!! :rock:

Swashcuff
02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
He just said he was going to play in the ASG like a few hours ago, wonder what happened.

David Lee? Why not Jamal Crawford who is having an All Star year as a 6th Man.

Huh??? Crawford??? Have u seen David Lee play this season. Plus if anyone from the Hawks should get in again it had to be Smith. Not Crawford.

Swashcuff
02-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm an Allen Iverson fan, so I wanted him to have his last ASG.
Oh well, he'll just have to earn one next year.

thats what i really want him to do EARN it and shut the haters up. But his chances to do that may be all gone. :-(

kEviN21
02-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Actually the streetball part of the asg is the best. Shaq running point, tmac/carter throwing balls off the backboard to dunk, shaq again dunking instead of a free throw... :D

Swashcuff
02-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Wade at Point Joe at shooting. Problem solved woulda love to see my man A.I. but honestly he hasnt played all star worthy this season.

bosoxlover12
02-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Definitely but Stern has an agenda with rewarding a single team 3 all-stars

Celtics have Pierce, Garnett, and Rondo... there's your three

Stunner
02-11-2010, 10:18 PM
I really dont knw who should start :eyebrow:

Cool007
02-11-2010, 10:30 PM
if rose starts over rondo thats bs and everyone knows it id be fine if they move made to 1 and star joe johnson at the 2 but if rose starts ill be pissed

Why??? Because you are jealous???

sodmg
02-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Congrats to Lee. He should of made it in the first place, A.I shouldn't even of made the All star team.

knicks09
02-11-2010, 11:06 PM
It seems like yesterday I was watching David Lee as a sophmore doing this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTevULhlJPI&feature=youtube_gdata and now he's an all-star

ldc62
02-11-2010, 11:40 PM
if rose starts over rondo thats bs and everyone knows it
id be fine if they move made to 1 and star joe johnson at the 2 but if rose starts ill be pissed

Umm no its not. Seriously, I don't wanna see Rondo full court pressing the whole game. Thats about the only thing hes better than Rose at. But w.e. neither should start. BTW who is "made"? (Maybe you should read before you click post)
Why not put lebron at SG? Can anyone argue with Bosh starting?

Wade, Lebron, Bosh, KG, Dwight

I know this isn't gonna happen.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-12-2010, 01:08 AM
good for lee

Raph12
02-12-2010, 01:15 AM
You guys cheering are all dicks, Iverson's kid is seriously ill which is why he hasn't been to any Sixers games and why he's missing the ASG and all you guys can say is good riddance?

Well I hope everyone who was happy that this situation fell upon AI has the same fate as his kid, because nobody deserves that...

You ****ing douchebags!

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 01:41 AM
You guys cheering are all dicks, Iverson's kid is seriously ill which is why he hasn't been to any Sixers games and why he's missing the ASG and all you guys can say is good riddance?

Well I hope everyone who was happy that this situation fell upon AI has the same fate as his kid, because nobody deserves that...

You ****ing douchebags!

woahh thats why he has dissapeared?! damn thats awful. i thought he was just taking a vacation

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Umm no its not. Seriously, I don't wanna see Rondo full court pressing the whole game. Thats about the only thing hes better than Rose at. But w.e. neither should start. BTW who is "made"? (Maybe you should read before you click post)
Why not put lebron at SG? Can anyone argue with Bosh starting?

Wade, Lebron, Bosh, KG, Dwight

I know this isn't gonna happen.

yuck. i hated when KG, Duncan, and yao started for the west. 3 big men like that is not what the all star game should be.

Kyben36
02-12-2010, 01:47 AM

Acording to voting, rose should, becaues he had the most votes

I think that Wade will play point though, with Joe Johnson at SG it is bassed on guards after all, not PG vs SG

I think that Rondo has a solid chance as well, as a bulls fan, I would love to see rose start, just dont see it hapening, especialy after that fall he took the other night

mudvayne387
02-12-2010, 01:59 AM
For those of you saying: "Why not Josh Smith" ? Are you joking ?

Lee averages more points and rebounds,. He has a better field goal percentage, and almost averages as many assists (as a center). Sure Smiths team is performing better, but is it David Lee's fault that his starting point guard wouldn't be a first string jock strap cleaner on most NBA teams ?