PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett

JIMMY CONWAY
02-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I just wanted to pay my respects to one of the better big men to play the game. Kevin sold his soul for a ring and went against all he said he stood for in Minny. Still he played the game with passion. He is on the downside of his career with his window closed in Boston.

A lot of times we don't comment until a player announces his retirement. I wanted to take a second to pay my respects to one of the top 150 to play the game. Thanks Big Ticket for the memories.

macc
02-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Premature

Sportfan
02-11-2010, 04:39 PM
souled his soul?

jimbobjarree
02-11-2010, 04:46 PM
^haha I picked up on that too

macc
02-11-2010, 04:49 PM
souled his soul?

What he means to say is he went to an organization who was willing to put winning pieces around him after he finished a max contract with a team that did nothing to help him win other than the one year they had Cassel and Sprewell.

JIMMY CONWAY
02-11-2010, 04:52 PM
What he means to say is he went to an organization who was willing to put winning pieces around him after he finished a max contract with a team that did nothing to help him win other than the one year they had Cassel and Sprewell.

He didn't finish his contract he was traded!!!!

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Lol, a little to early..

dev0
02-11-2010, 04:55 PM
i hope he can make a real comeback though...

kEviN21
02-11-2010, 04:59 PM
I personally don't like Garnett anymore...He became too cocky and now he sucks, injured or not...and he can always use his injury as an excuse for sucking too....I hope Dwight Howard blocks him a few more times this year :)

runforrestrunx9
02-11-2010, 04:59 PM
little early if u ask me my man

Bob_at_york
02-11-2010, 05:01 PM

Doesn't that mean he didn't sell his soul? The team agreed to the deal. It isn't like he stopped playing and sat while he demanded a trade. It isn't like he went to free agency and then walked. The team still made the decision to trade him to the celtics.

macc
02-11-2010, 05:04 PM

Ok you're right he was. With that being said, why do you say he sold his soul if he was traded? That makes zero sense.

ttam68
02-11-2010, 05:12 PM
"souled" really?

and he's better than top 150 imo, more like top 50

still hate him/Boston now

arkanian215
02-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I just wanted to pay my respects to one of the better big men to play the game. Kevin souled his soul for a ring and went against all he said he stood for in Minny. Still he played the game with passion. He is on the downside of his career with his window closed in Boston.

A lot of times we don't comment until a player announces his retirement. I wanted to take a second to pay my respects to one of the top 150 to play the game. Thanks Big Ticket for the memories.

im pretty sure he didn't want to go to boston. he didn't want to leave minny. imo they forced him to leave.

jojoe1188
02-11-2010, 05:17 PM
im pretty sure doing something to win a championship (in a sports context) is the exact opposite of selling your soul.....now if he held out and forced a trade for a larger contract, that's a different story.....hate on KG's smack talking all you want, but he is and always has been one of the most selfless players in the league

Phat Pat 94
02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
this is pretty premature. when did he retire?

JIMMY CONWAY
02-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Doesn't that mean he didn't sell his soul? The team agreed to the deal. It isn't like he stopped playing and sat while he demanded a trade. It isn't like he went to free agency and then walked. The team still made the decision to trade him to the celtics.

He gave the okay for the trade!!

Bob_at_york
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
He gave the okay for the trade!!

And? I think you should complain more about the franchise (if you are actually unhappy with the return) than the player in this case.

JIMMY CONWAY
02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Look guys at the end of the day, is he or isn't he washed up? The dude is already on spin cycle...

bigsams50
02-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Only reason your saying he soled his soul is because he went to the Celtics

Phat Pat 94
02-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Look guys at the end of the day, is he or isn't he washed up? The dude is already on spin cycle...

im gonna say hes not washed up cause he still has passion and fire, and is still, at least IMO, a good player.

JIMMY CONWAY
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
im gonna say hes not washed up cause he still has passion and fire, and is still, at least IMO, a good player.

The NBA where you're not washed up if you were once great turned into a can, but still have fire and passion.

Guys everywhere bang with fire and passion, but that doesn't make them John Holmes...

J4KOP99
02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
haha, top 150 of all time...

Sarcasm much?

magichatnumber9
02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I just wanted to pay my respects to one of the better big men to play the game. Kevin sold his soul for a ring and went against all he said he stood for in Minny. Still he played the game with passion. He is on the downside of his career with his window closed in Boston.

If you want to pay your respect to the big ticket put him in your sig. I don't understand why you had to make a thread? I thought threads were for conversation and debates. If you need attention just go to your local MSPCA

SwaggaIke
02-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Garnett gave Sota the best years of his career excluding one. I don't know if he's done being great or if his injury is truly hampering him but he's one of the best to ever do it. Top 150 is an outrage especially considering the fact that he's better than a hot handful of players that made the list 14 years ago. Boston still has another run in them. Whether that run will end in championship success is another story entirely.

ManRam
02-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Did he die?

I don't get how he sold his soul either. I don't blame him at all for leaving when the team finally was willing to let him go. It was best for both parties.

bagwell368
02-11-2010, 11:39 PM

Top 150? He's top 20. He sold his soul? Nonsense.

bagwell368
02-11-2010, 11:43 PM

No at the end of the day you said something you can't defend and have "danced around" like a one legged bad guy at the behest of Clint Eastwood in a bad Western. Just admit you are mistaken and move on.

JIMMY CONWAY
02-12-2010, 01:06 AM
No at the end of the day you said something you can't defend and have "danced around" like a one legged bad guy at the behest of Clint Eastwood in a bad Western. Just admit you are mistaken and move on.

At the end of the day, the man hasn't stayed healthy for the past 2 season. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on T.V. but he's a battered brittle old man playing on his last leg...

Legitimate
02-12-2010, 02:26 AM
why is the poster acting as if KG died or that he KG even retired. LOL

Sadds The Gr8
02-12-2010, 02:56 AM
why is the poster acting as if kg died or that he kg even retired. Lol

because he's a scrub now lol

JasonJohnHorn
02-12-2010, 03:59 AM

I think the T-Wolves tried to put pieces around him, but the Joe Smith illegal contract incident lost them a starter and some draft picks so it was hard to build around him since free-agency was out of the question as Garnett's contract was to big to bring in any high-quality players. I wouldn't say they did nothing, just that they did the wrong things. And Sprewell wanted a disgusting amount of money to return the following season and nobody else in the league was willing to pay him the moeny he wanted which forced him into early retirement.

Its like the Raptors with Bosh. They've tried to build around him, they just haven't done a very good job. You can't say they did nothing, just that they didn't make the right moves. Its not like teams like the Nets who are just dumping contracts, or the Clippers in the pre-Dunleavy years where they would let all their free agents sign with other teams.

69centers
02-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I think KG is doing what a savvy vet does. Save it for playoff time. I know it's tough for him, because he has passion during every regular season game, but I think that the injuries have given him an insight into what he needs to do -- save it for the playoffs!

I think you'll see a monster KG again come playoff game.

magichatnumber9
02-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Look I understand that KG did some stupid things the last couple of years. I have been told that he has apologized to Calderon awhile back and others, and hasn't done anything this season to warrant this stuff. In fact KG has been humbled by his injury.

SpeeMN
02-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Top 150??? Top 50 more like it, even top 20 because of his intangibles during his prime.

This is my DREAM:
Walsh said hes not taking the team back to where they were before the Garnett trade.
This year the Celtics will try to unload Allen for a young proven player(cheaper too)
Next year they will try to unload Garnett for a young potential and cap space(maybe draft pick)

Twolves Trade for Garnett!!! I would love it if he came back to our team within the next 2 years. The Target Center would be sold out. We wouldn't have to give an arm and a leg for him. I'd sleep happy at night like I did from 1996-2007. I know we have Big Al and KLove, but our team will be shaken up within the next 24months, and its obvious that when we become contenders, we will need Veterans.

I'm not even going to try to come up with a trade though, too much speculation

bagwell368
02-12-2010, 10:41 AM
At the end of the day, the man hasn't stayed healthy for the past 2 season. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on T.V. but he's a battered brittle old man playing on his last leg...

Nice try. I'm talking about the "selling his soul" line. Explain that.

JJ_JKidd
02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Is KG dead? Well, so much for the Boston bandwagon :rolleyes: