PDA

View Full Version : Kwame Brown…… lol.

Swashcuff
02-11-2010, 03:13 PM
I know this is old new but I just remembered something today about this distinguished fellow. Did you guys remember after the Pre-Draft work out for the Wizards he told then Coach Doug Collins

“if you draft me, you'll never regret it”. LOL!!!

Quite the opposite, it was probably the biggest regret in Collins’ entire coaching career.

Sportfan
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
No

BaustinSali08
02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I remember when he wouldn't come out of his hotel room for the Playoffs. What a dumba$$!

coloradobuff
02-11-2010, 03:28 PM
this guy will be out of league in 2-3 yrs

yboord028
02-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I wonder if hes still stealing cakes.

macc
02-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Honestly, people hate on Kwame all the time. The sad part is, its the fans who made Kwame have the name he did. Hes always been the same guy, its the fans that hyped him up all over the place. Why is that Kwame's bust? I've never understood that. If anything Kwame got the best of everyone for getting #1 pic money and not becoming a superstar.

I'm sorry for the rant but it just makes me laugh. It was the FANS that hyped him up. It was the FANS who put him on a pedastil before he proved anything, yet now it's the FANS that hate on him all the time. Is anyone seeing the bigger picture here? If anyone should be getting hated on it should be the organization who drafted him. If the team that drafted him didn't do enough research on the guy then why is that Browns fault? He was smart enough to hide his flaws and get himself the number 1 pic.

Besides teams know they're taking a gamble on HS guys. Theres a huge difference in talent between HS to College, and when you got players who skipped College and go straight to the NBA. Noones knows how they will adjust. Its not college where they're playing alot of soontobe NBA players.

Kwame just gets sooo much crap. Yet it shouldn't be him getting the heat, it should be the organization who drafted him. If he was drafted in the 2nd/3rd round then noone would care about Brown.

974life
02-11-2010, 04:51 PM
^^^Brown could'nt have said it better himself! LOL

dev0
02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Kwame Brown stands for every big draft bust in the history of the NBA... He is a symbol... He is an icon!

Swashcuff
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Honestly, people hate on Kwame all the time. The sad part is, its the fans who made Kwame have the name he did. Hes always been the same guy, its the fans that hyped him up all over the place. Why is that Kwame's bust? I've never understood that. If anything Kwame got the best of everyone for getting #1 pic money and not becoming a superstar.

I'm sorry for the rant but it just makes me laugh. It was the FANS that hyped him up. It was the FANS who put him on a pedastil before he proved anything, yet now it's the FANS that hate on him all the time. Is anyone seeing the bigger picture here? If anyone should be getting hated on it should be the organization who drafted him. If the team that drafted him didn't do enough research on the guy then why is that Browns fault? He was smart enough to hide his flaws and get himself the number 1 pic.

Besides teams know they're taking a gamble on HS guys. Theres a huge difference in talent between HS to College, and when you got players who skipped College and go straight to the NBA. Noones knows how they will adjust. Its not college where they're playing alot of soontobe NBA players.

Kwame just gets sooo much crap. Yet it shouldn't be him getting the heat, it should be the organization who drafted him. If he was drafted in the 2nd/3rd round then noone would care about Brown.

Interesting post but he is a bust on the court and their is no doubt about that. That statement he made sums it all up. I understand when you say that its the orgs fault and I agree 100% I mean draft a F/C str8 outta HS to play alongside Jordan in his last few seasons is utterly ridiculous. High school players are always said to be less NBA ready than College and International players who have the experience.

That being said Pau was a no brainer but they wanted the HYPE and the story line and if memory serves me correctly it wasn't the fans hyping Kwame, it was the scouts saying how he was the total package and that he is NBA ready because of his body and of course he set all those Records at his HS.

At the end of the day the guy as a basketball player is 100% a bust. For making a statement like that you better be able to back it up.

iggypop123
02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
all he needed was cosmetic surgery to have his hands fixed and he would have been an all star. he had the rest of the tools

colinskik
02-11-2010, 05:40 PM
To that guy up there defending Kwame, saying, "If he was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round then no one would care about Brown." -- Newsflash -- HE WAS DRAFTED #1 OVERALL!

Yeah, the Wiz should be blamed for falling for the hype, but at the end of the day, Kwame is garbage and one of the biggest busts of all time. I'll hate on him until he's out of the NBA. It's not my fault or any other fan's fault that he stinks so bad! You're argument makes little to no sense. It's precisely that fact that he got #1 pick type of money and fame that he gets hated on so much ... because he doesn't deserve it!

macc
02-11-2010, 05:58 PM
To that guy up there defending Kwame, saying, "If he was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round then no one would care about Brown." -- Newsflash -- HE WAS DRAFTED #1 OVERALL!

Yeah, the Wiz should be blamed for falling for the hype, but at the end of the day, Kwame is garbage and one of the biggest busts of all time. I'll hate on him until he's out of the NBA. It's not my fault or any other fan's fault that he stinks so bad! You're argument makes little to no sense. It's precisely that fact that he got #1 pick type of money and fame that he gets hated on so much ... because he doesn't deserve it!

What was that first part all about? No kidding he was drafted number 1 overall. What is your point? I'm saying if the guy was drafted in the 2nd/3rd round people wouldn't be hating on him as much because he wasn't the first overall pick. So what is the "newsflash" for?

Plus I'm not defending Kwame for his basketball skills. I agree that he's a bust for the #1 pick. I'm not debating that. I'm just saying, why do people hate on Kwame when it was the organization who drafted him that high. Obviously they didn't do their research on the guy because he stunk it up the min he stepped on the NBA court.

Phat Pat 94
02-11-2010, 06:01 PM
What was that first part all about? No kidding he was drafted number 1 overall. What is your point? I'm saying if the guy was drafted in the 2nd/3rd round people wouldn't be hating on him as much because he wasn't the first overall pick. So what is the "newsflash" for?

Plus I'm not defending Kwame for his basketball skills. I agree that he's a bust for the #1 pick. I'm not debating that. I'm just saying, why do people hate on Kwame when it was the organization who drafted him that high. Obviously they didn't do their research on the guy because he stunk it up the min he stepped on the NBA court.

am i missing something or is there still no third round?

td0tsfinest
02-11-2010, 06:01 PM
this guy will be out of league in 2-3 yrs

he's still in the league?

ldc62
02-11-2010, 09:02 PM
how come MJ's decisions to draft players: suck.....

DenButsu
02-11-2010, 10:24 PM
All player hate threads will be closed in the NBA forums at PSD.