PDA

View Full Version : The Bulls were right, Ben Gordon is overrated!!

fairandbalanced
02-10-2010, 11:08 PM
So far the Bulls seem to be better off without Gordon and Detroit seem to be worse off with him. The Bulls front office are a genius, most of us blamed them for letting their highest scorer go away for nothing, but it seems the value of Gordon was actually a 3rd round pick, which is not allowed by the NBA. Kudos to the Bulls, I'll admit, I was wrong when I doubted the Bulls team without Gordon.

ManRam
02-10-2010, 11:09 PM
From day 1, I thought they'd be better off without him (mainly that Deng was an upgrade). That's to be determined...but I definitely believe it.

I do not think BG is a great basketball player.

rand3h
02-10-2010, 11:12 PM
As a Bulls Fan, we were extremely pleased to see Ben go. Yes his offense in some ways are still missed but his lack of size truly hurts the team on a defensive standpoint. He will never be more than a 6th man. Dumars pulled the trigger too soon. Thanks Dumars!

black1605
02-10-2010, 11:12 PM
he's the poor mans kevin martin

JordansBulls
02-10-2010, 11:13 PM
So far the Bulls seem to be better off without Gordon and Detroit seem to be worse off with him. The Bulls front office are a genius, most of us blamed them for letting their highest scorer go away for nothing, but it seems the value of Gordon was actually a 3rd round pick, which is not allowed by the NBA. Kudos to the Bulls, I'll admit, I was wrong when I doubted the Bulls team without Gordon.

I knew we didn't need him. Why did we need to pay someone that much just to be a 7th or 8th seed?

ManRam
02-10-2010, 11:14 PM
he's the poor mans kevin martin

And considering how one-dimensional K-Mart is, that's a terrible, terrible thing to be.

_KB24_
02-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Big Shot "Ben"? The guy lit it up in the playoffs. CHI would be better off with him IMO.

chitownbulls
02-10-2010, 11:28 PM
lol, now fans see what we have BEN talking about lol

Mr.WhiteSox
02-10-2010, 11:41 PM
all u haters can get on our massive chi town bananas

Stunner
02-10-2010, 11:43 PM
where the Pistons fans? lmao

Shady66
02-10-2010, 11:46 PM
I think they would have a better record if they had him, in the beg. of the season, they could have used his offence.

effen5
02-10-2010, 11:50 PM
I think they would have a better record if they had him, in the beg. of the season, they could have used his offence.

IMO, it still wouldn't have helped that much, Rose was still hurt in the beginning of the season.

D Roses Bulls
02-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Big Shot "Ben"? The guy lit it up in the playoffs. CHI would be better off with him IMO.

no not at 10 million a season. no way and he takes the ball out of roses hands.

mvb815
02-11-2010, 12:14 AM
they need him to take the final shots of the game, no one else has the balls to do it.

effen5
02-11-2010, 12:16 AM
they need him to take the final shots of the game, no one else has the balls to do it.

Rose has been doing it and doing it well.

Ty Fast
02-11-2010, 12:18 AM
and now he is over paid

phoenix_bladen
02-11-2010, 12:21 AM
he helped the bulls a lot last year but he wasn't worth the money the bulls were smart to let him go but they should have at least done a sign and trade

mvb815
02-11-2010, 12:23 AM
ben is a great player, but the pistons overpaid for him obviously. if he was cheaper like 5,6 even 7 mill a year he'd be labeled as a steal

black1605
02-11-2010, 12:31 AM
gordon-16 ppg 30 mpg 10 mil

flip murray- 10 ppg 22 mpg 2 mil

what a value

JNA17
02-11-2010, 12:32 AM
bulls better WITH BG imo

Afridi786
02-11-2010, 12:43 AM
To be fair to him, he has been injured most of the season.

Omar Little
02-11-2010, 12:54 AM
As a Bulls fan, I always had mixed feelings on Gordon. But the bottom line is that I would love to have him on the team, if he was willing to accept the role of 6th man as well as the paycheck that goes with it.

effen5
02-11-2010, 12:58 AM
To be fair to him, he has been injured most of the season.

Its crazy, because hes been out more games this season then he has in all the seasons in chicago combined.

jlisec01
02-11-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm a Piston's fan, but I don't think Gordon is really overrated. He is coming off the bench this year and has been injured most of the time playing. Of course he has his days though and I guess you can make an argument there where he can be in fact overrated but the guy can shoot and he needs more playing time in Detroit before we can make a solid judgment.

kozelkid
02-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Always been a huge fan of Ben and still am. He is a great scorer, that's his role and does it very well. Bulls haven't exactly improved without him. In fact we are still pretty damn bad without him considering our 3pt shooting blows along with lack of spacing and overall we are simply one of the most inefficient teams in the league offensively. I will say this, however, letting go of Ben helped Rose accelerate faster as a go to scorer. Too often he deferred, especially to a guy like Gordon who can be a go to scorer in the clutch. But if Rose is to be the Bull's superstar, he has to be that guy, so in that sense, I guess I'm happy we gave up Gordon. Nonetheless, Bulls now have two major holes: a scoring big man and a scoring perimeter player.

ChiBulls91
02-11-2010, 01:23 AM
he's just completely one dimensional. i think people are seeing that now, and to the guy that said the bulls shoulda done a sign and trade, that would have screwed the bulls cap situation. They weren't openly freeing up cap space last year but it is very clear that that was and is their plan now.

Raoul Duke_91
02-11-2010, 01:33 AM
whatever...

bg should not be overrated by anyone who knows anything about him. Hes a pure scorer whos undersized at the 2, and subsequently not great on d.

its joe dumars who was overrated as a gm. it aint bg's fault hes overpaid.

and yea we (the bulls) would be better with him.

and shame on all you bulls fans for trashing bg. That guy gave everything he had every night he played, and he won us a TON of games with his clutch shooting. BG was a great Chicago Bull and I miss havin him on the team.

mavwar53
02-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Can you believe that in the warriors forum at least one guy, maybe more, thought that the warriors should deal monta for gordon, he thought the warriors would get the better end of the deal. hahahaha

mudvayne387
02-11-2010, 01:46 AM
To say the Pistons are a worse team because they signed him is silly. You can not look at the standings alone to gauge the Pistons season. They have been plagued by injuries all year long. There hasn't been one game all year where they have had their full roster. And besides, who says Gordon has to be anything more then a prolific bench scorer ? On the right team, in the right situation he can be an extremely beneficial player to have. Just because a handful of fans put him up on a pedestal, does not mean he was every thought to be the next "Michael Jordan".

xxcubs22xx
02-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Gordon is horrible!

Raph12
02-11-2010, 01:52 AM
He is overrated, but he also fit in very nicely with the Bulls, sort of like Hedo in Orlando.

The Bulls need a go-to guy late in games and they need scoring at the 2, both qualities Gordon possessed.

jjizle
02-11-2010, 01:54 AM
def. overpaid. truly is a phenomenal shooter and would be a great spark as a 6th man coming off of any bench, but he never embraced his 6th man role, never showed an improvement on his lack of defense and demanded way too much money for being essentially a one trick pony. dont regret ever having him though. Gave Bulls fans a lot to root for during the years he was here. I will admit I'm a little bit biased though, I'm a UConn sports fan as well and was screaming at the top of my lungs on draft night when I heard his name called.