PDA

View Full Version : Team USA

arkanian215
02-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Returning to the USA National Team for 2010-12 are 2008 Olympic gold medalists Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets); Carlos Boozer (Utah Jazz); Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors); Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers); Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic); LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers); Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets); Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat); and Deron Williams (Utah Jazz). Rounding out the list of Olympians on the national squad roster are 2004 Olympic bronze medalists Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers) and Amar’e Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns).

Completing the list of National Team players are LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers); Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder); Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies); Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers); Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers); Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers); Al Jefferson (Minnesota Timberwolves); David Lee (New York Knicks); Brook Lopez (New Jersey Nets); Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves); O.J. Mayo (Memphis Grizzlies); Kendrick Perkins (Boston Celtics); Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls); Gerald Wallace (Charlotte Bobcats) and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder).http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=201012MNTplayers1

I'm glad to see some up and comers in the league be part of team usa rather than sitting out their offseasons. It's understandable that guys would want to sit out though especially after long runs in the playoffs or whatnot.

td0tsfinest
02-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm happy to see Gerald Wallace on that list. He'd be great off the bench for them. Does a lot of the little things well.

DaBUU
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm shocked they picked DRose, since he sucks and all and is way overhyped.

wsullivan
02-10-2010, 12:40 PM
atta boy Perkins

bostncelts34
02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Would love to see Wallace, Durant and Perkins make it. Wallace brings alot of everything, whule durant is a flat out beast. Perk brings alot to the defensive side of the ball, instead of all purely offensive players (centers) with less size

jimbobjarree
02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
ooo having Billups replace Kidd as the vet of the team is a good move

Hellcrooner
02-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I think wade, lebron , bosh kobe etc should rest this summer and that a whole new team shoudl be tried out to find wich pieces will fit with the old in 2012.

This summer theres no risk of losing for usa since Manu has already said no to argentina dirk has said no to germany parkers said no to france and Pau said no to spain ( with rudy and claderon being dubious)

So basicaly theres no rival.

alencp3
02-10-2010, 05:53 PM
I think wade, lebron , bosh kobe etc should rest this summer and that a whole new team shoudl be tried out to find wich pieces will fit with the old in 2012.

This summer theres no risk of losing for usa since Manu has already said no to argentina dirk has said no to germany parkers said no to france and Pau said no to spain ( with rudy and claderon being dubious)

Rival? Usa with college players can win against anyone. I still dont know how the hell they lost againts greece in 2004 :facepalm: . Yeah i think they should rest. And add some young studs. For example : John Wall.

Hellcrooner
02-10-2010, 05:57 PM
^ oy yeah College players did such a good job on 1988 olympcis and 1990 world cup when NO EUROPEAN PLayer played as a starter in the nba that they decided to start sending pros.

Also i guess you missed Usa team not being able to get ti the final in the 2004 olympics.

And also missed the ridiculous actuation they had in the INDIANAPOLISA 2002 world cup where they finished 7th i think after losing three straight against Germany, Argentina and Spain.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Geraalddddd!!!

Kakaroach
02-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Oh yeah 2 Jazzmayne on it again. :up:

ko8e24
02-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Plz, USA has learned their lession getting outworked by a less superior Puerto Rico team etc from the past.

All those main guys will play, and what you fail to understand that if USA does not win the WORLD Championships, then they will have to play extra games in the Summer of 2011 and WIN that tournament just to get a spot in the Summer 2010 London Olympics (Very similar to the Fibas Americas tournament in the Summer of 2007 to get a guaranteed spot in the Summer of 2008 Olympics in China)

Plus, the USA WANTS TO WIN THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, and it's the only prestigious award missing from Kobe Bryant's resume. The USA is not the defending WORLD Championship Gold Medalists. That title belongs to your boys Pau and Marc Gasol and Team Spain.

SO Kobe IS GONNA PLAY, as well as those other guys, LIVE WITH IT!

PS: I hope Lamar Odom ends up on the final 12-man roster. He played in Athens in 2004 being part of that Bronze Team. He should get some opprotunity to redeem himself so that he can win Gold in the 2010 World Championships, which can hopefully get him a spot (to be a veteran like Kobe and Billups along with those other stars and uprising young guys) and finally win a Gold Olympic Medal in 2012 in London.

bigsams50
02-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Hopefully Crash can make it.

magichatnumber9
02-10-2010, 08:01 PM
I would love to see another Celtic playing for team U.S.A. would love to get some kind of explanation from Rondo as to why he declined his invitation to camp.

Kyben36
02-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Returning to the USA National Team for 2010-12 are 2008 Olympic gold medalists Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets); Carlos Boozer (Utah Jazz); Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors); Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers); Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic); LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers); Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets); Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat); and Deron Williams (Utah Jazz). Rounding out the list of Olympians on the national squad roster are 2004 Olympic bronze medalists Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers) and Amar’e Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns).

Completing the list of National Team players are LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers); Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder); Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies); Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers); Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers); Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers); Al Jefferson (Minnesota Timberwolves); David Lee (New York Knicks); Brook Lopez (New Jersey Nets); Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves); O.J. Mayo (Memphis Grizzlies); Kendrick Perkins (Boston Celtics); Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls); Gerald Wallace (Charlotte Bobcats) and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder).

Just highlighted the ones I dont think will make it. still not sure on the rest.

ko8e24
02-10-2010, 08:17 PM

Completing the list of National Team players are LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers); Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder); Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies); Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers); Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers); Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers); Al Jefferson (Minnesota Timberwolves); David Lee (New York Knicks); Brook Lopez (New Jersey Nets); Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves); O.J. Mayo (Memphis Grizzlies); Kendrick Perkins (Boston Celtics); Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls); Gerald Wallace (Charlotte Bobcats) and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder).

Just highlighted the ones I dont think will make it. still not sure on the rest.

Lamar Odom I think has a good chance to make it. He's fundamentally sound, he's very versatile and create nightmare mismatches for those Euros, and with a superstar-studded USA Team, you need 2-3 role players (like 2008 olympics had old J-Kidd, had knockdown shooter in Michael Redd and perimeter defender Tayshaun Prince).

LO and Chauncey can be those savvy veterans along with Kobe that could keep the rest of the superstars and young uprising stars in line.

_KB24_
02-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Remember when Morrison got an invitation?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JJ_JKidd
02-10-2010, 09:34 PM
James, Wade and Bosh are questionable to actually play this summer. All three can become free agents and have said their contract situations are their first priority.

Man country first before yourselves please?

Paul is currently sidelined after knee surgery and Bryant is battling a number of injuries, so Colangelo knows he’s not going to get all of his top choices. However, he isn’t worried about that now, saying those decisions can wait until the team readies for its minicamp in July.

The only players not returning from the team that won gold in Beijing are Jason Kidd(notes), who previously said he was retiring from international competition with a perfect record, and Michael Redd(notes) and Tayshaun Prince(notes), who have battled injuries this season

My man JKidd undefeated!

The roster includes: Minnesota’s Al Jefferson(notes) and Kevin Love(notes); Rudy Gay(notes) and O.J. Mayo(notes) of Memphis; Philadelphia’s Andre Iguodala(notes); Boston’s Kendrick Perkins(notes); Indiana’s Danny Granger(notes); New York’s David Lee(notes); New Jersey center Brook Lopez(notes); Oklahoma City guard Russell Westbrook(notes); Portland’s LaMarcus Aldridge(notes); Charlotte’s Gerald Wallace(notes); and Clippers guard Eric Gordon(notes).

Colangelo said Lakers center Andrew Bynum(notes) and Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo(notes) were among the only players who were asked to participate but declined.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Al.ezQ4vf4.8aVR7zHJoKvC8vLYF?slug=ap-usroster&prov=ap&type=lgns

samxeyeam
02-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I would like to see the original 10 come back because its already proven they have team chemistry... To fill in the other two spots, its tough... I would like Odom, Gerald Wallace, or Andre Iggy to duke it out for the final two spots... Team USA's run and gun game would be perfect for lamar due to his court vision and basketball IQ... A 6'10" hybrid forward who can handle the ball, pass, and finish on the run. Gerald Wallace is a no brainer, a great defender and a guy who hustles. Andre Iggy is a pretty good on the ball defender and he can run the floor also. I would like to mention C. Billups but I think deron and chris can run the team now. They have enough experience from the win and also their seasons in the NBA. The only draw back I think of not having a 3rd PG is I dont think we'll see much of them playing in the backcourt at the same time as much.

phlp_bj
02-10-2010, 10:19 PM
PG: Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Chauncey Billups
SG: Kobe Bryant/Dwyane Wade
SF: LeBron James/Kevin Durant/Lamar Odom
PF: Carmelo Anthony/Chris Bosh
C: Dwight Howard/Amare Stoudemire

*if paul's injury is still lingering and he decides to sit out, insert rose in the depth chart behind billups

masalex1205
02-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Coach K would love Gerald Wallace. He is perfect for what an Olympic team stands for: defense, team first/selflessness, toughness

SF is absolutely stacked but I think Crash could squeeze in b/c of his versatility and b/c you need more than scoring to win the Olympics

It's a little weak on big guys (damn it Duncan, you're American!) but I still think itd dominate

PG: Paul, Williams, Billups
SG: Kobe, Wade,
SF: Lebron, Carmelo, Durant
PF: Bosh, Boozer, Wallace, Odom
C: Howard, Perkins, Lopez

Notable leftouts:
- Rose (next go around okay, rather have the leadership of Billups now)
- Stoudemire (no defense, no thanks)

Kyben36
02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Lamar Odom I think has a good chance to make it. He's fundamentally sound, he's very versatile and create nightmare mismatches for those Euros, and with a superstar-studded USA Team, you need 2-3 role players (like 2008 olympics had old J-Kidd, had knockdown shooter in Michael Redd and perimeter defender Tayshaun Prince).

LO and Chauncey can be those savvy veterans along with Kobe that could keep the rest of the superstars and young uprising stars in line.

LMAO, Lamar, doesnt have a hells chance, players like durant, and Granger will get a chance before Lamar does, thats such a hommer call its not even funny. and as you said Redd and Prince brought something, do you think lebron doesnt bring what Lamar does. if not more.

Now, im not trying to diss lamar, but he isnt going to be on team USA too much young tallent coming in, and he doesnt exactly bring much that others cant.

Kyben36
02-10-2010, 10:53 PM
the obvious

CP3
D Will
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Bosh
Dwight

The Pretty sure players

Durrant
Amare
Lopez ( need of a C )

The Cusp young players

Rose
OJ
Love
Westbrook

The Versitile players

Granger ( 3pt shooting )
Wallace ( Defense )

The vets
Billups

The players I dont think have a chance

Lamar ( doesnt bring what anyone else cant )
Rudy ( Wont even be resigned by his own team
Gordon ( undersized 3pt shooter )
AI ( Not range )
Perkins ( SRY, Dwight is enough D )
Jeferson ( No room )
Lee ( no better than any other option

so here is my 12 highlighted ( think love is a team guy, and need a PF/ C )

CP3/Williams/Billups
Kobe/ Wade
James/ MElo/ Durrant / Wallace
Bosh/ Love
Dwight/ Lopez