PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Magic ECF???

SirCarlton
02-10-2010, 03:32 AM
It has seemed that since the Hawks acquired Crawford this offseason that he has been the person that will push them past the dreaded #4 spot in the Eastern Conference and into the E Conference Finals....does anybody else believe that the Hawks have a great chance of reaching the ECF and maybe even the NBA Finals??

jwn0303
02-10-2010, 03:44 AM
If we miss the Magic in the playoffs we have a very real shot to get to the Finals. The Magic are an awful matchup for us though. Can we win? Sure, but I prefer the Celtics and even the Cavs.

SB75
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Avoiding the Magic in the second round doesn't look like it's going to happen. Unless Cle comes back down to earth, it looks as if Orl and the Hawks will be fighting it out for the 2 and 3 spots. They are the hardest match up for us, but the easiest matchup for Bos. The one team we want to avoid in the 2nd round seems to be the team we will most likely face.

We have the talent to beat them, Woody will have to go away from what he likes to do for it to happen ( Not likely). That means pushing the ball on makes and misses. Lewis cannot keep up with Smoove in the open court, pick-n-roll or the post. That means going back at Howard on defense getting him out of the lane. Go at him with the pick-n-roll with Horford and Bibby. Make him move his feet. Smith has to help Horford box out Howard, Marvin has to slide down and box out Lewis. Most of all, Woody has to coach to the Hawks strengths not his likes.

jwn0303
02-10-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure we can okay Orl in the 2nd round. I think the top 3 spots go to the division winners regardless of the record. So one of the Hawks and Magic will get the 2, and the other will get the 4. Meaning we can only meet in the ECF.

SB75
02-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Didn't they change that rule 2 seasons ago? I thought they changed it.

Hawkalicious
02-11-2010, 01:19 AM
I think the rule is that if you win the division, you are guaranteed a top 4 seed, so it is possible for two teams from the same division to be in the top three seeds.

jwn0303
02-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Ah, my mistake then