PDA

View Full Version : The Official Trade Deadline Speculation Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JordansBulls
02-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Any type of rumors from here until the trade deadline should go here. IF a deal happens then that should be it's own thread.

Fresno
02-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Why the hell would Phoenix trade Amare for Big Z?

Thats all I want to know.

beasted86
02-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Because the prospect of getting a mediocre PF like Hickson, and the 30th pick in the draft was too great to pass on. :rolleyes:

Fresno
02-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Because the prospect of getting a mediocre PF like Hickson, and the 30th pick in the draft was too great to pass on. :rolleyes:

Im sure Suns fans and their front office are salivating over the idea of that package along with Danny Green.

Danny Green sure looks like a future 5X All Star, worth trading your 5X All Star for.:rolleyes:

If the Suns actually do this, Kerr needs to be tarred and feathered. He ruined the best team in the NBA with his decisions.

levignjw
02-09-2010, 08:38 PM

Heard there's possibly a 3-team deal between Phx, Det, & Phi. Phoenix would get Iggy, Det gets Amar'e, and Philly gets Ben Gordon. Also some fillers thrown in the mix as well, but that's another rumor going around.

JPHX
02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
you need to be able to shoot 3's in Phoenix. Iggy and his fat contract cant. What the hell is Kerr doing?

SirCarlton
02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
why would philly essentially trade iggy for ben undersized gordon

BTownTeamsRKing
02-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Ray for half the NBA lol

sixer04fan
02-09-2010, 09:03 PM
The point of Philly dealing Iggy is to dump cap space. I heard the Ben Gordon rumor too but it just doesn't make sense for the sixers to trade Iguodala just to take on Gordon's contract.

ManRam
02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
you need to be able to shoot 3's in Phoenix. Iggy and his fat contract cant. What the hell is Kerr doing?

Maybe he's come to the realization that shooting threes isn't the only way to win basketball games...

Fresno
02-09-2010, 09:10 PM
The point of Philly dealing Iggy is to dump cap space. I heard the Ben Gordon rumor too but it just doesn't make sense for the sixers to trade Iguodala just to take on Gordon's contract.

Exactly.

Philly would be looking for a serious salary dump by getting rid of Iggy.

SirCarlton
02-09-2010, 09:20 PM
well it wouldnt be much of a dump to pick up gordon..imo iggy is more consistent than gordon also

JWO35
02-09-2010, 09:35 PM
If they want to dump cap we could do this
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylgavmk

Burkey3472
02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
I think the only way Iguodala gets dealt is if a team takes Dalembert/Brand along with him.

chitown 4 life
02-09-2010, 09:50 PM
I think the only way Iguodala gets dealt is if a team takes Dalembert/Brand along with him.

what team would take on all that money???????????

Lakers4ItAll
02-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Any good Lakers or Bulls trade rumors goin on?

ko8e24
02-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Good Idea by JB for creating this thread.

heathonater
02-10-2010, 04:02 AM
I could see the mavs or cavs making one more move. cleveland should try to bring in one more solid player to further persuade lebron to stay in cleveland. as for dallas, they are a good team right now, but they would need to make some kind of trade to improve their chances against la and denver.

JordansBulls
02-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoOpNSxm1wZU1iSlVtXDwBO8vLYF?slug=aw-stoudemireheat020910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Miami Heat president Pat Riley has emerged as one of the most determined pursuers of Phoenix Suns forward Amar’e Stoudemire, proposing several different packages that make available any of his players short of Dwyane Wade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat have discussed several scenarios with the Suns, including packages that include combinations of young players Michael Beasley, Dorell Wright and expiring contracts Jermaine O’Neal and Quentin Richardson. The Heat are also willing to part with their 2010 first-round draft pick.

”Nobody is pushing harder on this than Riley,” one league source said.

JordansBulls
02-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Link (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2010/02/08/20100208suns-stoudemire-trade-defense.html)

On this final march to the Feb. 18 NBA trade deadline, there is no imminent Amar'e Stoudemire trade, but a deal with major franchise implications remains quite possible.

The Suns' most frequently mentioned potential trade partners are Cleveland and Philadelphia.

A trade prospect with Cleveland combines a financial windfall and a young, promising power forward replacement in J.J. Hickson, whom the Suns liked in the 2008 draft when they tabbed center Robin Lopez. Phoenix would stand to save several million dollars in a deal involving center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who received most of his salary up front and could be bought out to move Phoenix toward the possibility of being a luxury tax recipient rather than payer.

Possibilities with Philadelphia could be stronger with two fronts, a deal between bringing in swingman Andre Iguodala for Stoudemire with perhaps young power forward Marreese Speights or a three-way deal involving Detroit with Pistons guard Ben Gordon winding up in Philadelphia and the Suns getting Iguodala and Detroit power forward Chris Wilcox. The rub with Iguodala, a 26-year-old former Arizona star, is inheriting a contract that will pay him $56.5 million over the next four seasons.

Stoudemire's declaration that he is leaning toward picking up next season's $17.7 million option also has muddied the trade waters for teams who like him as an expiring deal.

ManRam
02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Somewhat surprised the Heat are so willing to give up Beasly for Amare...

Kind of regurgitating JB's post...

Amare Stoudemire has been mentioned as a target for the Miami Heat. The South Florida franchise is reportedly willing to part with Michael Beasley for the Suns big man.
In addition, the Heat are comfortable dealing Jermaine O'Neal and his expiring deal, along with their 2010 first round draft pick. The Heat are apparently near the top of Stoudemire's preferred destinations list but nothing is imminent.
Rotoworld.com

td0tsfinest
02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
when's the trade deadline? Next week?

Cubsfan365
02-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Chris Bosh comes to Chicago if Amare goes to Miami.

Wade_County
02-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Chris Bosh comes to Chicago if Amare goes to Miami.

:hide:

ManRam
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Bosh isn't going anywhere right now. The Raps are the 5 seed, and are definitely gunning for a series win or two in the playoffs. They aren't gonna blow it up yet, even if they think Bosh will leave after this year.

Cubsfan365
02-10-2010, 01:53 PM
If the Heat get Amare and plan to make offer him a max contract, I don't know if that would be enough to keep Wade around.

iggypop123
02-10-2010, 02:05 PM
If the Heat get Amare and plan to make offer him a max contract, I don't know if that would be enough to keep Wade around.

amare says he wont opt out. could be a ploy not to get traded to a crappy team or its just him telling truth. if its true riley tries it so wade doesnt get teh sot to leave. amare +max money in tax free miami is a package riley can bank on

JohnnyStew28
02-10-2010, 02:19 PM
i dont care who the suns trade amare for. who ever it is has to be a stud or atleast knowned around the league not sum wash ups... im sick of kerr messin this team up.... i think the suns should trade amare for iggy/brand n the suns can throw in sum scrubs to make the deal good...

roshan3ai
02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
The Houston Rockets are in the discussion stages of a complicated, three-team trade that would send Tracy McGrady(notes) to the New York Knicks, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The centerpieces of the trade would include the Washington Wizards shipping forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) to the Rockets. The Knicks would send Al Harrington(notes) to the Wizards. For the Wizards’ part, they would still need another player, as well as a draft pick and cash to make this a workable scenario, sources said.

Other players and contracts would still need to be agreed upon for a deal to come together, but there is a framework to the discussions.

The Rockets have been peddling McGrady’s expiring contract of $23 million since exiling him in late December.

Yahoo Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-mcgradyrockets020910)

ko8e24
02-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Yahoo Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-mcgradyrockets020910)

Wow, that's pretty big news. Now let's see if it actually goes thru.

dfritz03
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Tell me what you guys think...

C's get a big upgrade from Allen, Sixers get the cap space they so greatly need... and mavs get a SG they've been looking for.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygcw34l

NYKnickFanatic
02-10-2010, 04:19 PM
The Boston Celtics and Charlotte Bobcats are discussing a trade centered around Glen Davis and D.J. Augustin, according to league sources.

The sources cautioned that nothing is imminent, but said the clubs are having discussions.

The Bobcats have been searching for a power forward, and the 6-foot-9 Davis could be their man. The Celtics, meanwhile, have been longing for a backup point guard, and Augustin, who's fallen out of favor with Charlotte coach Larry Brown, would be more than adequate.

A straight-up trade would not work because Davis is a base-year compensation player, so other players would have to be involved to meet the financial requirements. That could be a sticking point in the deal.

While teams don't typically trade big for small, Boston is a bit aggravated with Davis, who's had a few off-the-court problems this season. Most notably, he missed the first 27 games of the season after breaking his thumb in an early morning scuffle with a friend.

The Celtics have been rumored to be exploring deals for Ray Allen, and while league sources insist the word "shopping'' is too strong, they say the shooting guard is definitely available. Few believe he'll be traded before the Feb. 18 deadline, though, because the Celtics aren't likely to get a better player in return.

Man, if the Celtics get DJ, that would be great for them. Nice young PG coming off the bench behind Rondo, wow...

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=4900828

Sorry if this was posted already.

igPay atinLay
02-10-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't think the Sixers would do this.

Wilson
02-10-2010, 04:30 PM
About the Celtics/Sixers trade, why not just do Ray Allen for Andre Iguodala and Lou Williams?

The Sixers get their cap relief, the Celtics get a guy to play off of Garnett and Pierce.

I personally don't like it just because I like Andre Iguodala and I don't want to see him become a Celtic :p But this works for both teams...

dfritz03
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM
About the Celtics/Sixers trade, why not just do this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

The Sixers get their cap relief, the Celtics get a guy to play off of Garnett and Pierce.

I personally don't like it just because I like Andre Iguodala and I don't want to see him become a Celtic :p But this works for both teams...

yeah your link didnt work

Alwaysballin247
02-10-2010, 04:41 PM
76ers want cap room....bobcats want to get bigger and celtics want to get a young player that is signed for years for pretty good value.....3 team trade that would work for everyone with what they want...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjkbdvq

Wilson
02-10-2010, 04:42 PM
yeah your link didnt work

I just tried fixing it and it won't work. Weird. Anyway, the trade I had in mind was Ray Allen for Andre Iguodala and Lou Williams.

dfritz03
02-10-2010, 04:45 PM
I just tried fixing it and it won't work. Weird. Anyway, the trade I had in mind was Ray Allen for Andre Iguodala and Lou Williams.

I actually do like that... I'm from philly and I'm both a Sixers fan and Celtics fan and I'm big on Lou Williams... I really don't like Ray Allen but if they Sixers just use him for his expiring deal then I'm happy with it. Although if the Big Baby/DJ Augustine deal goes through, there's no need for Lou on the Celtics... I'll guess we'll see how it goes

Alwaysballin247
02-10-2010, 04:48 PM

when you check to see if the trade would pass or not you need to hit save trade and then copy and paste it over...it will show you the link right when you hit save...

76ers won't trade williams with iggy for an expiring deal plus they want someone to take dalembert or brand

Alwaysballin247
02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I actually do like that... I'm from philly and I'm both a Sixers fan and Celtics fan and I'm big on Lou Williams... I really don't like Ray Allen but if they Sixers just use him for his expiring deal then I'm happy with it. Although if the Big Baby/DJ Augustine deal goes through, there's no need for Lou on the Celtics... I'll guess we'll see how it goes

did you like my trade proposal? check it out...its a mix of those 2 deals

JWO35
02-10-2010, 05:35 PM
76ers want cap room....bobcats want to get bigger and celtics want to get a young player that is signed for years for pretty good value.....3 team trade that would work for everyone with what they want...

Someone loves the Celtics....

Wilson
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM
when you check to see if the trade would pass or not you need to hit save trade and then copy and paste it over...it will show you the link right when you hit save...

76ers won't trade williams with iggy for an expiring deal plus they want someone to take dalembert or brand

Thanks for the info, I'll remember that in the future :cheers:

This season the Sixers don't have a shot of treading Sam Dalembert in my opinion. None of the teams looking to the summer of 2010 will want his contract, which has another year after this one, and I don't think there's a championship contender who will really value him.

It's going to be impossible to trade Elton Brand, who has another three seasons left after this one, especially with him struggling the way he is.

That leaves Iggy, who in my opinion is the only guy who's really going to have a lot of value on the trade market. If they can get a big gun for him they might bite, but I think they're better served looking for some cap relief and starting a rebuilding process, which is why I think him and Williams for Allen is good for them.

DaoudS
02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
We aren't seeing any smaller deals thus far, eh? No back up SGs or SFs going any where for a 2nd rounder or a third string wing player.

TheKing23
02-10-2010, 05:47 PM

:facepalm:

Even if you didn't have a Celtics avatar I would've given you the facepalm.

Alwaysballin247
02-10-2010, 05:54 PM

Even if you didn't have a Celtics avatar I would've given you the facepalm.

You need to think with a basketball mind and not being a cavs fan..it works for all 3 teams with needs and wants

Alwaysballin247
02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll remember that in the future :cheers:

This season the Sixers don't have a shot of treading Sam Dalembert in my opinion. None of the teams looking to the summer of 2010 will want his contract, which has another year after this one, and I don't think there's a championship contender who will really value him.

It's going to be impossible to trade Elton Brand, who has another three seasons left after this one, especially with him struggling the way he is.

That leaves Iggy, who in my opinion is the only guy who's really going to have a lot of value on the trade market. If they can get a big gun for him they might bite, but I think they're better served looking for some cap relief and starting a rebuilding process, which is why I think him and Williams for Allen is good for them.

did you see my proposal? I would love dalembert as long as iggy came with him.....the celtics looker room is not so good right now so I hope we can move glen davis, sheed and house and teams want ray so I put that all together with 76ers wanting cap room and bobcats wanting to get bigger

Wilson
02-10-2010, 06:55 PM
did you see my proposal? I would love dalembert as long as iggy came with him.....the celtics looker room is not so good right now so I hope we can move glen davis, sheed and house and teams want ray so I put that all together with 76ers wanting cap room and bobcats wanting to get bigger

It looks good for the Sixers, it helps their cap situation a lot.

The Bobcats might have problems with it, although Diaw is having a down year and Rasheed Wallace has had success with Larry Brown in the past. It looks good.

Swashcuff
02-10-2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Heat-Should-Think-the-Unthinkable-83955792.html

Should the Heat trade Wade (more than likely forfeiting all their post season hopes) for some pieces and start rebuilding. Interesting idea...... thoughts???

tMoNEy24
02-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Hell to the No. Wade brought Miami hoops back. Brought them a Ship along with Shaq. They need to give wade some help, Get him a legitimate Big down low and another scorer. They also lack a true ballhandler that makes everyone around them better. I think IF the heat wanted to win they have the pieces to pull of some trades.. Jermaine's HUGE expiring contract.. Some Draft picks and some nice young pieces ( Wright,Cook,Beasley) its basically up to them

GodsSon
02-10-2010, 07:08 PM
BC got on the phone with Riley NOW!!! :D

Kakaroach
02-10-2010, 07:09 PM
That columnist is on drugs.

tMoNEy24
02-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Wade is Amazing.. Get him some Help!

ATX
02-10-2010, 07:18 PM
WTFE. You do everything to keep a player like Wade.

kswissdaf
02-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Just one guys opinion. Don't take it serious

PC
02-10-2010, 07:22 PM
How does a guy like this get a job?:facepalm:

marlinsfan24
02-10-2010, 07:23 PM
^He won't have his job much longer!

magichatnumber9
02-10-2010, 07:24 PM
If Wade walks your left with nothing anyway. Great player but he doesn't seem like he wants to be a part of the Heat.

dwadefan03
that dudes pretty crazy to think that it may actually happen but i can see where hes coming from. it looks as tough wade has been dissatisfied this season and there is a risk of losing him so i guess he wants to get something rather than possibly end up with nothing. i would rather take the chance that wade does resign then to move him for half his actual value

znick21
You need to think with a basketball mind and not being a cavs fan..it works for all 3 teams with needs and wants

the king is right, your deal blows.

GodsSon
02-10-2010, 07:26 PM
the Heat have struggled as of late and they're on the cusp of being overtaken by the Bucks...Wade must be fuming right now

marlinsfan24
02-10-2010, 07:26 PM
If Wade walks your left with nothing anyway. Great player but he doesn't seem like he wants to be a part of the Heat.

How do you figure this?

mjqusoldier
02-10-2010, 07:31 PM
yea they have great weed in miami

mjqusoldier
02-10-2010, 07:33 PM
How do you figure this?

who would want to play for the heat? They have a terrible fanbase and only show up when they're good

JOSKOMANG4
02-10-2010, 07:38 PM

I agree.. but if the Heat are willing to trade Dwayne Wade, they better get a plethora of talent in return!!!

I also believe if their looking to trade Wade, they should look for star-caliber athletes that are under contract.

Raptors & Heat proposal?

- Heat acquire PG Jose Calderon, SF Hedu Turk, SG D.Derozen, & 2010 1st rd pick from Raptors in exchanged for D.Wade.

C) Bargnani/Nestorovic/O'Bryant
PF) Bosh/Evans/A.Johnson
SF) A.Wright/M.Bellinelli
SG) D.Wade/S.Weems
PG) J.Jack/M.Banks

Now would that keep Bosh in Toronto???

Heat wouldn't look that all bad in return

C) J O Neal/J.Anthony/J Magloire
PF) M.Beasley/U.Haslem
SF) Hedu/D.Wright/Diawura
SG) D.Derozen/Q/J.Jones
PG) J.Calderon/Chalmers/Arroyo/Skip to my lou.

GodsSon
02-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I agree.. but if the Heat are willing to trade Dwayne Wade, they better get a plethora of talent in return!!!

I also believe if their looking to trade Wade, they should look for star-caliber athletes that are under contract.

Raptors & Heat proposal?

- Heat acquire PG Jose Calderon, SF Hedu Turk, SG D.Derozen, & 2010 1st rd pick from Raptors in exchanged for D.Wade.

PF) Bosh/Evans/A.Johnson
SG) D.Wade/S.Weems
PG) J.Jack/M.Banks

PF) M.Beasley/U.Haslem
SG) D.Derozen/Q/J.Jones
PG) J.Calderon/Arroyo/Skip to my lou.

Take out DeMar and add another 1st and I do it

Alwaysballin247
02-10-2010, 07:48 PM
it would never happen unless some crazy deal was made... like wade and O'neal for memphis starting lineup lol

Hoopsadvocate
02-10-2010, 07:49 PM
who would want to play for the heat? They have a terrible fanbase and only show up when they're good

Um how about every player who was quoted saying they'd love playing in miami. Everytime a player asks for a trade or wants to go to a certain team you never hear "i wanna go to a place with a good fan base". They say they wanna win, money or locationsomething around there. Now lets see Miami won a championship in 06' they have a great gm in pat riley has a history of being competitive (playoff appearences) that takes care of the win aspect. They are one of the top 3 teams with money in 2010 that takes care of money, and miami as mentioned by many players who have homes there a great city to play and live in. Oh and wade has stated many time he wants to stay here he just wants to compete and win if anything that will make him unhappy not the fanbase. So do some research before you spill garbage about something you obviously have no idea about.

Hoopsadvocate
02-10-2010, 07:52 PM

Raptors & Heat proposal?

PF) Bosh/Evans/A.Johnson
SG) D.Wade/S.Weems
PG) J.Jack/M.Banks

PF) M.Beasley/U.Haslem
SG) D.Derozen/Q/J.Jones
PG) J.Calderon/Arroyo/Skip to my lou.

i hope your joking if not how about we trade chalmers, haslem, cook and a 1st for chris bosh because thats about how compareable to your rediculously bias trade as i can think of.

kntresistheheat
02-10-2010, 07:52 PM

magichatnumber9
02-10-2010, 07:54 PM
How do you figure this? I have a league pass and I get to hear more then most fans. The original purpose of my post was to maybe understand were the columnist was coming from with his short article. Personally I wouldn't trade Wade at all. I would try to make him happy, even if that means shipping Beasley out of town.

Shammyguy3
02-10-2010, 07:57 PM

the reason as to why you wouldn't make a trade for Dwayne Wade is DeMar??? are you kidding?:eyebrow:

Legitimate
02-10-2010, 08:14 PM

I think it's time to pass the blunt this way..

GodsSon
02-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I think it's time to pass the blunt this way..

*passes it* no seriously, the Heat would be at a disadvantage since its no guarantee he would re-sign...Jose, Turk, DeMar and a 1st is steep for a guy who might not even return

tMoNEy24
02-10-2010, 08:40 PM
The heat could get SO much more than Turk Calderon Demar and a 1st. Who in the world would want to play in Toronto that isn't european.. Why do you think Bosh wants to walk?

Wilson
02-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Currently, if Dwyane Wade doesn't use his option to return to the team this summer, the Heat are on the books for $7'131'826 for next season. That is a hugely advantageous number if you're trying to rebuild.

If they do decide to trade him, they could probably get some cheap youngsters and draft picks, and suddenly they're in position to get a very young team with cap room that will last a year or two for them to add a big name before extentions kick in.

It may seem crazy to ship Wade out, but the Heat are in a position where they can build a contender in a matter of years if they do. If they feel Wade isn't going to come back this summer, or that they can't get the post threat to pair him with, trading him might be the best solution in the long term.

Wade_County
02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
come on guys, Miami is not going to trade Wade, he still sells ticket to the people who actually come to games

ko8e24
02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Lol, can you guys plz get back on talking about ACTUAL rumors and not what you guys would like, lol. This is about speculations and rumors at the trade deadline. Don't get too nutty now

Wade_County
02-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Lol, can you guys plz get back on talking about ACTUAL rumors and not what you guys would like, lol. This is about speculations and rumors at the trade deadline. Don't get too nutty now

i agree, so whats the latest with STAT?

GodsSon
02-10-2010, 09:11 PM

ko8e24
02-10-2010, 09:18 PM
i agree, so whats the latest with STAT?

All I know is that Pat Riley is pushing it real hard to get STAT to help keep D-Wade in Miami. The only uncertainty is whether or not STAT will opt out of his contract to become unrestricted free agent. But he'd be stupid to do that, cuz I think he's getting paid 17 mil in the last yr of his contract. If Riley is assured that STAT will not opt out in 2010 and decide to go somewhere else after playing just a half a season with the Heat, and if he's not convinced of what STAT's decision will be during the summer....then NO DEAL

Fresno
02-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Currently, if Dwyane Wade doesn't use his option to return to the team this summer, the Heat are on the books for $7'131'826 for next season. That is a hugely advantageous number if you're trying to rebuild.

If they do decide to trade him, they could probably get some cheap youngsters and draft picks, and suddenly they're in position to get a very young team with cap room that will last a year or two for them to add a big name before extentions kick in.

It may seem crazy to ship Wade out, but the Heat are in a position where they can build a contender in a matter of years if they do. If they feel Wade isn't going to come back this summer, or that they can't get the post threat to pair him with, trading him might be the best solution in the long term.
I agree 100%. The problem is that big name Free Agents arent going to want to play in Miami if Wade isnt there, the Heat will have to build a young nucleus first before they can attract the big time free agents.

In terms of trading Wade, Miami has to get atleast even value back based on potential and the team who acquires him must be sure he will resign there.

At this point there is only 1 team that I could see making a real offer to Miami, and thats Oklahoma City parting with Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green, expirers and draft picks to acquire Wade.

A Wade-Durant duo might actually work together considering the opposites of their scoring ability along with Durant's seemingly lack of ego early on in his career.

IversonIsKrazy
02-11-2010, 12:40 AM
^^^
Thunder would have to be high to do that im sorry, why would u give up the potential so early w/ WEstbrooke and Green? There making the playoffs as of right now, and are only going to get stronger n stronger.

JOSKOMANG4
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Alot of discussions going this morning about a possible 3 way trade between the Wizards, Knicks, & Rockets.. but what about if the Knicks, instead of going for T-Mac, go back to Boston to acquire SG Ray Allen(aka Jesus Shuttlesworth).

Celtics acquire PG) Nate Robinson, SG) Cuttino Mobley(contract) & PF/SF Jared Jefferies from the Knicks in exchange for SG Ray Allen.

Knicks Lineup:

C) Lee/Curry/Milicic
PF) Al Harrington/J.Hill/M.Landry
SF) Gallanari/W.Chandler(6th man)
SG) R.Allen/L.Hughes
PG) C.Duhon/T.Douglass

Celtics: W/o mobley

C) Perkins/R.Wallace(6th man)/ S.Williams
PF) Garnett/G.Davis/B.Scalabrine
SF) P.Pierce/J.Jefferies/B.walker
SG) M.Daniels/T.Allen/JR.Giddens
PG) R.Rondo/N.Robinson/E.House

Thoughts? I think this trade would benefit both the Celtics & Knicks more.. especially the Knicks(Allen is productive SG and Yes so is Mcgrady, but due to health, I rather have Allen aka Jesus Shuttlesworth).

arkanian215
02-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Alot of discussions going this morning about a possible 3 way trade between the Wizards, Knicks, & Rockets.. but what about if the Knicks, instead of going for T-Mac, go back to Boston to acquire SG Ray Allen(aka Jesus Shuttlesworth).

Celtics acquire PG) Nate Robinson, SG) Cuttino Mobley(contract) & PF/SF Jared Jefferies from the Knicks in exchange for SG Ray Allen.

Knicks Lineup:

C) Lee/Curry/Milicic
PF) Al Harrington/J.Hill/M.Landry
SF) Gallanari/W.Chandler(6th man)
SG) R.Allen/L.Hughes
PG) C.Duhon/T.Douglass

Celtics: W/o mobley

C) Perkins/R.Wallace(6th man)/ S.Williams
PF) Garnett/G.Davis/B.Scalabrine
SF) P.Pierce/J.Jefferies/B.walker
SG) M.Daniels/T.Allen/JR.Giddens
PG) R.Rondo/N.Robinson/E.House

Thoughts? I think this trade would benefit both the Celtics & Knicks more.. especially the Knicks(Allen is productive SG and Yes so is Mcgrady, but due to health, I rather have Allen aka Jesus Shuttlesworth).
imo the celtics wouldn't do that because it helps out a division rival that could have ramifications for years.

JOSKOMANG4
02-11-2010, 11:58 AM
imo the celtics wouldn't do that because it helps out a division rival that could have ramifications for years.

I understand the division-rival concept, but the Celtics were trying to acquire Nate Robinson during the christmas holiday. As for Ramifications, the Knicks are gettin another expiring contract; and though Allen is still a productive SG, I honestly believe the Knicks will look to get younger be4 they consider bringin back Allen. For the Celtics, they might consider keeping around Nate Robinson, but Robinson has stated that he wanted to play in the West Coast, near his homestate of Washington. The only person under contract next season would be Jared Jefferies.

rapsallday
02-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Um how about every player who was quoted saying they'd love playing in miami. Everytime a player asks for a trade or wants to go to a certain team you never hear "i wanna go to a place with a good fan base". They say they wanna win, money or locationsomething around there. Now lets see Miami won a championship in 06' they have a great gm in pat riley has a history of being competitive (playoff appearences) that takes care of the win aspect. They are one of the top 3 teams with money in 2010 that takes care of money, and miami as mentioned by many players who have homes there a great city to play and live in. Oh and wade has stated many time he wants to stay here he just wants to compete and win if anything that will make him unhappy not the fanbase. So do some research before you spill garbage about something you obviously have no idea about.

They'd love to play in miami...Just not for Miami!!

rapsallday
02-11-2010, 12:19 PM
i hope your joking if not how about we trade chalmers, haslem, cook and a 1st for chris bosh because thats about how compareable to your rediculously bias trade as i can think of.

Are u sick....Haslem, Cook and Chalmers...is equal in talent as Derozan,Calderon and Turk....

Someone please strip this guy of his membership....

I'll be sure to be back to laugh at u when miami breaks new jerseys record next year...lmao...

...Then you'll all say damn we should of traded wade him when we had the chance...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Jaydes
02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
^^^
Thunder would have to be high to do that im sorry, why would u give up the potential so early w/ WEstbrooke and Green? There making the playoffs as of right now, and are only going to get stronger n stronger.

Your sig is proof that every one has an opinion, even if it's completely wrong ;)

Wade_County
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Your sig is proof that every one has an opinion, even if it's completely wrong ;)

:laugh:

JOSKOMANG4
02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Are u sick....Haslem, Cook and Chalmers...is equal in talent as Derozan,Calderon and Turk....

Someone please strip this guy of his membership....

I'll be sure to be back to laugh at u when miami breaks new jerseys record next year...lmao...

...Then you'll all say damn we should of traded wade him when we had the chance...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yeah I agree.. again it was only a "trade idea".. but in all seriousness.. you are mistaken by comparing.

Turk > Haslem(Haslem hasn't been productive(like starting lineup productive) since the Heat drafted Beasley. Turk has been productive his entire NBA career! Especially the last 2 seasons.

Calderon> Chalmers. Chalmers is a great pg, but he's still fragile(youth). Calderon, prior to playing for hte Raptors, played in competive leagues oversees. Competitive "oversee" leagues > the Big 12.

Derozen > Cook. D'Cook, right out of the draft, was suppose to be the "next big thing" but hasn't provided us with stability. As for Derozen, he's in his 1st year and already has shown strides.

Not to mention their also receiving 2010 draft picks!!!

Hoopsadvocate
02-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah I agree.. again it was only a "trade idea".. but in all seriousness.. you are mistaken by comparing.

Turk > Haslem(Haslem hasn't been productive(like starting lineup productive) since the Heat drafted Beasley. Turk has been productive his entire NBA career! Especially the last 2 seasons.

Calderon> Chalmers. Chalmers is a great pg, but he's still fragile(youth). Calderon, prior to playing for hte Raptors, played in competive leagues oversees. Competitive "oversee" leagues > the Big 12.

Derozen > Cook. D'Cook, right out of the draft, was suppose to be the "next big thing" but hasn't provided us with stability. As for Derozen, he's in his 1st year and already has shown strides.

Not to mention their also receiving 2010 draft picks!!!

I wasnt comparing i was signifying how terrible a trade idea that was by matching it with another terrible trade idea i know haslem cook and chalmers arent near the same worth JUst like those 3 arent worth wade. THATS THE POINT!!!

if miami even considers a trade for wade that would be one of the last scenarios the team would accept as im sure many gms would give up a lot more for a top 3 player than a unproven rookie and old point forward who declined from last year and is projected to get worse and a pg who cannot play D sorry raps fans not happening.

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 04:41 PM
4 Team Trade. Takes care of EVERYONES need's wants..

Boston Gets- Kmart, Sasha Pavolic
Gives: Ray Allen,Giddens

Kings Get- Al Jefferson, Tyrus Thomas
Give: Kmart , Hilton Armstrong, Spencer Hawes

Twolves Get- Luol Deng, Spencer Hawes, Jerome James, Jr Giddens
Give: Al Jefferson , Damien Wilkins, Sasha Pavolic

Bulls get- Ray Allen, Damien Wilkins, Hilton Armstrong
Give: Tyrus Thomas, Deng, Jerome James

Kings Get there Bigs they want in Al Jefferson and Tyrus Thomas
Celtic's Get Kmart and Sasha Pavolic(what happened to him? He use to be solid with the Cavs)
Bulls get over 25 mil to expire and a Veteran presence in Ray Allen. Ray also can help them into the playoffs.
Twolves get 8 mil expiring also a young big in Spencer Hawes. They also pick up one of the better SF's in the League in Luol Deng.

Blackjack24
02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
I doubt Wolves make this trade. Jefferson is a monster, and he's worth more than Deng (never really made it to superstar status) and Hawes' potential. Especially considering his cap number is really low relative to his talent.

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Perhaps. I think its a nice package if they were going to send him away though

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 04:49 PM
I also increased 3 of the 4 teams wins. Thats hard to do

Fresno
02-11-2010, 05:54 PM

:laugh:

Can anyone actually imagine the Thunder's lineup?

PG-Wade
SG-Harden
SF-Durant
PF-Collison
C-Kristic

I think a Wade-Durant duo could go pretty far in the Playoffs, once you try to stop 1 of them the other could begin to light you up. Most teams dont have 2 shutdown defenders to stop Wade's athleticism and strength and stop Durant's scoring ability in a variety of ways.

Fresno
02-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I doubt Wolves make this trade. Jefferson is a monster, and he's worth more than Deng (never really made it to superstar status) and Hawes' potential. Especially considering his cap number is really low relative to his talent.

Thanks for being polite with your response because that trade idea is beyond ridiculous.

The T'Wolves arent going to trade the "Dump Truck" Al Jefferson for basically nothing. The T'Wolves are building their core around Flynn/Love/Jefferson and will have 3 1st Round Picks to upgrade their SF position along with adding depth in the front court. If Kahn does this he might be out of a job.

mavwar53
02-11-2010, 06:08 PM

Celtic's Get Kmart and Sasha Pavolic(what happened to him? He use to be solid with the Cavs)
Bulls get over 25 mil to expire and a Veteran presence in Ray Allen. Ray also can help them into the playoffs.
Twolves get 8 mil expiring also a young big in Spencer Hawes. They also pick up one of the better SF's in the League in Luol Deng.

sucks for bulls

JWO35
02-11-2010, 07:19 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yfmrm9p
Detroit Pistons get: Carlos Boozer, Matt Carroll, Josh Howard
Dallas Mavericks get: Richard Hamilton, Kwame Brown
Utah Jazz: Tayshaun Prince

Detroit Pistons
PG. Rodney Stuckey
SG. Ben Gordon
SF. Jonas Jerebko
PF. Carlos Boozer
C. Ben Wallace

Dallas Mavericks
PG. Jason Kidd
SG. Richard Hamilton
SF. Shawn Marion
PF. Dirk Nowitzki
C. Erick Dampier

Utah Jazz
PG. Deron Williams
SG. Ronnie Brewer
SF. Tayshaun Prince
PF. Paul Millsap
C. Mehmet Okur

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 08:00 PM
sucks for bulls

Getting 25 mil to expire and a Vet like Ray Allen.. Does not suck

Pauleboman
02-11-2010, 08:39 PM

For Lue Deng&Tyrus come on!!

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 08:41 PM
For Lue Deng&Tyrus come on!!

They don't want Tyrus anyway.. Follow some news. If they keep Tyrus he will hurt their cap in 2010.

rabueed
02-11-2010, 08:45 PM

it sucks because you want expiring contacts and some potential talent as well. Ray Allen is old, his potential is gone.

D1JM
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM

so the bulls give up 24 year old deng and get a senior citizen ?

rapsallday
02-11-2010, 09:11 PM

Detroit Pistons
PG. Rodney Stuckey
SG. Ben Gordon
SF. Jonas Jerebko
PF. Carlos Boozer
C. Ben Wallace

Dallas Mavericks
PG. Jason Kidd
SG. Richard Hamilton
SF. Shawn Marion
PF. Dirk Nowitzki
C. Erick Dampier

Utah Jazz
PG. Deron Williams
SG. Ronnie Brewer
SF. Tayshaun Prince
PF. Paul Millsap
C. Mehmet Okur

I think this is the fairest trade I have ever seen posted congrats...:clap::clap::clap:

rapsallday
02-11-2010, 09:12 PM
so the bulls give up 24 year old deng and get a senior citizen ?

LMao...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:: clap:....Not True but funny!!!

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
I think this is the fairest trade I have ever seen posted congrats...:clap::clap::clap:

Jazz are doing great.. Why would they trade Boozer for Tayshaun?

tMoNEy24
They get 25 mil to expire.. Nvm Lol, Its hard to do trades and please everyone..

D1JM

i think this trade was from the insider lol

koreancabbage
02-11-2010, 09:15 PM
it sucks because you want expiring contacts and some potential talent as well. Ray Allen is old, his potential is gone.

i'm pretty sure they can throw in big baby or something smaller for the bulls somewhere in the deal. The only player worth anything from the Bulls is Deng. Thomas is the aftermath problem that someone else will deal with and how to utilize his athletic abilities cuz it has been frustrating watching to him in Chicago. He's been a flop so far in the NBA

Wade_County
chris webber just said on inside the NBA that ferry said there trading for Murphy

rapsallday
Jazz are doing great.. Why would they trade Boozer for Tayshaun?

That or he walks come season's end!!! will let them decide:confused:

WITZ
02-11-2010, 09:56 PM
chris webber just said on inside the NBA that ferry said there trading for Murphy

Maybe the pacers budged because according to some reports the pacers wanted hickson and the cavs just weren't having that.

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Truue ^^^^^

sodmg
02-11-2010, 10:33 PM
The heat could get SO much more than Turk Calderon Demar and a 1st. Who in the world would want to play in Toronto that isn't european.. Why do you think Bosh wants to walk?
What's with everyone thinking Toronto is such a bad city to be in? It's one of the best cities in North America and Toronto is doing pretty well. But realistically Miami could get a better offer than that.

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 10:41 PM
What major FA wants to go to Toronto.. That isn't European

vtgriff09
02-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah, if the bulls give up Deng and Thomas and get Ray Allen, you would think that the Celtics would have to throw in next yrs first. That covers the possibility of future talent for the Bulls and 25 mill off the books. Celtics get Deng to pair up with Rondo and Pierce and Garnett.....Thomas might give them some descent minutes and might benefit from the change of scenario.

vtgriff09
02-11-2010, 10:49 PM
yeah, Toronto could get a LOT more than that for Bosh. If Miami makes any move to acquire talent, then they will probably have to give up Beasley. I'd love to see the Cavs somehow make a play for Bosh. You talk about your Pippen to Jordan, or your Gasol or Shaq to Kobe....I don't think the Cavs have the talent to acquire Bosh, and I don't see why the Raptors would give Bosh up.....but that would be the guaranteed way to keep LeBron in a Cavs jersey. He could win plenty of rings with a 2 like Bosh.

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Bosh and LBJ would be crazy

Wade_County
02-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Bosh is not going to be traded.

Mavrix
02-11-2010, 11:19 PM

Detroit Pistons
PG. Rodney Stuckey
SG. Ben Gordon
SF. Jonas Jerebko
PF. Carlos Boozer
C. Ben Wallace

Dallas Mavericks
PG. Jason Kidd
SG. Richard Hamilton
SF. Shawn Marion
PF. Dirk Nowitzki
C. Erick Dampier

Utah Jazz
PG. Deron Williams
SG. Ronnie Brewer
SF. Tayshaun Prince
PF. Paul Millsap
C. Mehmet Okur

I would love that trade if it went down.

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 11:20 PM
That would be great for the Mavs.

liljay_316
02-11-2010, 11:44 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yh62ydh

76ers:
iverson/holiday
mcgrady/williams/green
young/carney/kapono
speights/cook
amare/smith

suns:
nash/dragic
barbosa/dudley
iggy/hill
frye/almonson
sammy/lopez

rockets:
brooks/lowry
richardson/ariza
battier/budinger
brand/landry
scola/hayes

tMoNEy24
02-11-2010, 11:45 PM
6ers fan huh? Lol

BTownTeamsRKing
02-11-2010, 11:58 PM
right before the game tonight, I heard one of the TNT guys say that kevin McHale told them that tonight is the last time the cavs use that starting line up because they are close to a deal.

He didnt say for who or what team is involved though.

anyone else catch this?

my gut feeling and worst case scenario as a Celtics fan says its Amar'e Stoudemire. please no.

Kakaroach
02-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Really? I was watching Survivor so I don't know.

But man that would be crazy, who knows how big the deal is and it might fall apart but still, I don't find Kevin McHale to be a person who would know this. :shrug:

LayZbone
02-12-2010, 12:01 AM
I read it could be a 3-team deal involving Houston and Detroit....landing Rip Hamilton in Cleveland.

liljay_316
02-12-2010, 12:03 AM
6ers fan huh? Lol

^^what r u confused n laughing about i dont understand what u mean:confused:

WITZ
02-12-2010, 12:04 AM
I read it could be a 3-team deal involving Houston and Detroit....landing Rip Hamilton in Cleveland.

Im thinking it has to be someone else along with Rip it that happens cuz well I doubt the cavs would just take on rip and his terrible contract without receiving another player.

DCB/LAL
02-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Lebron James for T-Mac straight up! Fair trade.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 12:08 AM

well not as damaging as Stat but Hamilton would be like a better Parker to the cavs. i cant picture hamilton not in detriot.

DCB/LAL
02-12-2010, 12:08 AM
J/k But maybe T-mac is involved and going to the Cavs? Or Pistons?

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Lebron James for T-Mac straight up! Fair trade.

7 years ago, yes.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 12:10 AM
J/k But maybe T-mac is involved and going to the Cavs? Or Pistons?

lollllll if its t mac to the cavs, il just laugh that one off. t mac's legs are even more shot and finished than ray ray's.

TheKing23
02-12-2010, 12:24 AM

76ers:
iverson/holiday
mcgrady/williams/green
young/carney/kapono
speights/cook
amare/smith

suns:
nash/dragic
barbosa/dudley
iggy/hill
frye/almonson
sammy/lopez

rockets:
brooks/lowry
richardson/ariza
battier/budinger
brand/landry
scola/hayes

So the 76ers give up the awful contracts of Iggy, Brand and Sammy and get McGrady's $22 million expiring AND Amar'e Stoudemire... Hmmm

marlinsfan24
02-12-2010, 12:25 AM
I think McGrady and Lebron would thrive off each other.

JNA17
02-12-2010, 01:44 AM
hinrich to lakers would be awesome

Jahari Kavi
02-12-2010, 02:30 AM
i'm hearing from some cavs team sources that Murphy will be moved for Z (who will probably be bought out) and Wally Z's bird contract will get moved for RIP....if this happens.....God help the NBA.....

JackB
02-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Ray for half the NBA lol

It would be HALF the season. There are only about 29-30 games left. Thats not even close to half. I don't understand why they call it the second half . They can say after the AS break. Same with baseball. Second half ? Its usually 15 games into the second half. Petty maybe.

HeirCanada
02-12-2010, 10:39 AM
7 years ago, yes.

Didn't Orlando try that 7 years ago and got shot down?

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
02-12-2010, 11:04 AM
In a dramatic move that would resuscitate their fading championship hopes, the Boston Celtics are discussing a deal with the Washington Wizards for forwards Antawn Jamison(notes) and Caron Butler(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.

The proposed deal would send the expiring contracts of Ray Allen(notes), Brian Scalabrine(notes) and J.R. Giddens(notes) to the Wizards, a move that would signal the start of Washington’s rebuilding process.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-boswastrade021210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Would look great for Boston on paper. Could Butler and Jamison commit on the defensive end to fit Boston's style?

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
i'm hearing from some cavs team sources that Murphy will be moved for Z (who will probably be bought out) and Wally Z's bird contract will get moved for RIP....if this happens.....God help the NBA.....

Celts got it topped...

Yahoo.com

Celtics get: Caron Butler & Antawn Jamison

Wizards get: Ray Allen, JR Giddens, and Brian Scalabrine

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it happen Danny Ainge! rep for all Dannys out there! lol

Alwaysballin247
02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
right before the game tonight, I heard one of the TNT guys say that kevin McHale told them that tonight is the last time the cavs use that starting line up because they are close to a deal.

He didnt say for who or what team is involved though.

anyone else catch this?

my gut feeling and worst case scenario as a Celtics fan says its Amar'e Stoudemire. please no.

I did not think anthony parker played that much...could be him...Unless it is shaq that gets moved, he would probably just get bought out and return or maybe he would think he got disrespected and go to another east team. back with the magic would be funny.. id take him on the celtics we need some second unit scoring

bostncelts34
02-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Id be in heaven if this went down. wow..Then do they do the davis for augistine trade.

Rondo/augustine
Butler/TA/House
Pierce/Daniels/Walker
Garnett/Jamison/Williams
Perkins/Sheed

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Oh, shizl gzngahr

thats better than Pau Gasol robbery

Raps18-19 Champ
02-12-2010, 11:11 AM
C-Garnett
PF-Jamison
SF-Pierce
SG-Butler
PG-Rondo

In a close game would be so nasty.

I think Wizards are smart enough to say no though. I mean who gives their 2 best players for an expiring. Might as well send them to the Rockets for Tmac to get them out of the conference.

shep33
02-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Wow the Wiz are idiots for pulling this deal if they do. This IMO would be worse than the Gasol trade, at least Memphis got a bunch of picks and Marc Gasol. Boston would have ridiculously stacked lineup, however would Jamison or Butler even start? Unless you move Paul to the 2 guard, where he'll have to guard speedy guys, and Jamison to the 3, cause there is no way that Perkins should not start. Buter at the 2 and Jamison off the bench? I doubt this goes through.

mfb_lt1birdman
02-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Seems like alot for the Wiz to give up just for an expiring vet. I mean this would kill the franchise for years since it is unlikely they would have any enticing players, or a city that would lure in a big name free agent this summer. Does not add up to me, but what do I know.

ManRam
02-12-2010, 11:12 AM
That would be exactly what both teams want/need. Wouldn't be surprised if it got done.

Gibby23
02-12-2010, 11:15 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-boswastrade021210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Would look great for Boston on paper. Could Butler and Jamison commit on the defensive end to fit Boston's style?

I don't know about Jamison, but Butler is a really good defender. Jamison would be a mismatch on most nights, kind of like what the Celtics thought they were going to get from Sheed.

BTownTeamsRKing
um we would be ROBBING them blind. and sealing a Championship. i mean really this would be the roster.

Rondo/TA
Butler/Daniels
Pierce
Jamison?/Davis/Sheed?
KG/Perkins?

unbelievable

Lo Porto
Great trade for both franchises if they do it. The Wiz are just looking to start over. The Celts are trying to win one more while they still have the legs to do it. If you're the Wiz, you better get whatever draft picks Boston has this year.

If this trade went down, I see Washington trying to turn around and deal Ray Allen again. He can be traded by himself after this deal, and I bet Washington could find a young player or a pick for his services.

If you're a Knick fan, you want this to go down. This doesn't guarantee the Celts an East title, but it makes them a better team than Cleveland AND takes away the Jamison to Cleveland scenario. If LeBron doesn't even make it to the Finals, he could leave this summer. This trade could affect a lot more than just these two teams.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Wow the Wiz are idiots for pulling this deal if they do. This IMO would be worse than the Gasol trade, at least Memphis got a bunch of picks and Marc Gasol. Boston would have ridiculously stacked lineup, however would Jamison or Butler even start? Unless you move Paul to the 2 guard, where he'll have to guard speedy guys, and Jamison to the 3, cause there is no way that Perkins should not start. Buter at the 2 and Jamison off the bench? I doubt this goes through.

the wiz arent doing this to win now. they are dumping money.

clutchski
02-12-2010, 11:17 AM
It would be way more lopsided than the Gasol trade easy.

shep33
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
if this is true it shows that Boston is desperate, i mean thats tough integrating 2 guys like that into the lineup, plus you'd have to play Perkins and Garnett less for Jamison to have an effect, making your D worse. They need to get healthy, and Ray is not the reason why they're losing, just because they can't score points they put the onus on Ray when in reality KG can't score anymore, Sheed hasn't done much except jack 3's, and Pierce has been sidelined by injuries.

Swashcuff
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
That would be insane for Boston. I would love to see this change happen just to know how it will pan out. And IF the get Augustine they'd really get some depth. Make it happen!

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
if this is true it shows that Boston is desperate, i mean thats tough integrating 2 guys like that into the lineup, plus you'd have to play Perkins and Garnett less for Jamison to have an effect, making your D worse. They need to get healthy, and Ray is not the reason why they're losing, just because they can't score points they put the onus on Ray when in reality KG can't score anymore, Sheed hasn't done much except jack 3's, and Pierce has been sidelined by injuries.

fine. we are desperate and we have a GM ready to pull the trigger on a title saving deal.

ray is the problem. he is one dimensional now and is missing open shots and free throws. His value is his expriring deal. THATS IT.

ManRam
02-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Washington has been very eager to dump those contracts. Most teams wont bite with this upcoming off-season coming, the economic situation and the luxury tax. Boston is one of probably 3-4 teams that don't care about those three things.

Washington needs to blow it up, get rid of those contract, get some cap space, and look for the future. Boston needs to win NOW. Their window is about to slam shut.

It looks like robbery, but it is a great trade for both teams. Emphasis on "great".

Swashcuff

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

j0nyj0n
Great trade for both franchises if they do it. The Wiz are just looking to start over. The Celts are trying to win one more while they still have the legs to do it. If you're the Wiz, you better get whatever draft picks Boston has this year.

If this trade went down, I see Washington trying to turn around and deal Ray Allen again. He can be traded by himself after this deal, and I bet Washington could find a young player or a pick for his services.

If you're a Knick fan, you want this to go down. This doesn't guarantee the Celts an East title, but it makes them a better team than Cleveland AND takes away the Jamison to Cleveland scenario. If LeBron doesn't even make it to the Finals, he could leave this summer. This trade could affect a lot more than just these two teams.

good post. as expected of a philly fan :clap:

shep33
02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
the wiz arent doing this to win now. they are dumping money.

Yeah, they would probably like to get rid or Arenas' contract too, but why trade in the same conference and with a team with a poor draft pick? There have been better deals for Butler and Jamison each, so I don't really get the logic here, unless they're gonna take 10 years to rebuild with no good draft picks, or players to build around, plus no big name is gonna sign there this summer.

Lo Porto
02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
good post. as expected of a philly fan :clap:

Thank you much

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah, they would probably like to get rid or Arenas' contract too, but why trade in the same conference and with a team with a poor draft pick? There have been better deals for Butler and Jamison each, so I don't really get the logic here, unless they're gonna take 10 years to rebuild with no good draft picks, or players to build around, plus no big name is gonna sign there this summer.

Look I agree that there is def better deals out there for the wiz, however they may not want anyone right now at all. This is the type of deal where they clean house and hope to terminate arenas' deal.

The wiz big mistake was trading that lotto pick last year.

shep33
02-12-2010, 11:31 AM
fine. we are desperate and we have a GM ready to pull the trigger on a title saving deal.

ray is the problem. he is one dimensional now and is missing open shots and free throws. His value is his expriring deal. THATS IT.

I'm just saying that if they pull a deal, i think it should be for 1 guy rather than both, particularly Butler who can play D, knock down shots, and attack, and most of all he's younger than Jamison. Jamison is gonna be 34 in the summer, and Boston shouldn't make that deal for an old player who is often injured. If they make a deal, it should be to get younger, and I know Butler is 30 i think, but that's better than Jamison. Boston has got to stop going for these older guys, cause its not gonna make them better when they get injured.

ManRam
02-12-2010, 11:32 AM

Because no one else is really willing to take on that much salary. Also, Boston can contend for probably a year or two more, and then they'll have to rebuild as well. Washington isn't going anywhere right now, so better to trade those guys to a team with two older all-stars than to a team like Cleveland.

What better deals have there been. I'm not talking offers, I'm talking legit proposals. Houston is balking. Cleveland has it's doubts. Who else wants to take on Caron and Atawn's contracts? Not many teams.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Washington has been very eager to dump those contracts. Most teams wont bite with this upcoming off-season coming, the economic situation and the luxury tax. Boston is one of probably 3-4 teams that don't care about those three things.

Washington needs to blow it up, get rid of those contract, get some cap space, and look for the future. Boston needs to win NOW. Their window is about to slam shut.

It looks like robbery, but it is a great trade for both teams. Emphasis on "great".

These Celtics owners have no problem spending. Wyc Grousbeck is an awesome owner. He is like a fan, but not crazy like mark cuban. He would jump at this deal.

what scares me about this rumor is that, usually when stuff like this gets out, it doesnt end up happening. and the report is usually after the deal falls apart.

If im Danny Ainge, Im throwing in a 1st round pick easily to make this happen. This deal is a no brainer.

masalex1205
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
the Bobcats are not trading Augustine for Sean May 2.0

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm just saying that if they pull a deal, i think it should be for 1 guy rather than both, particularly Butler who can play D, knock down shots, and attack, and most of all he's younger than Jamison. Jamison is gonna be 34 in the summer, and Boston shouldn't make that deal for an old player who is often injured. If they make a deal, it should be to get younger, and I know Butler is 30 i think, but that's better than Jamison. Boston has got to stop going for these older guys, cause its not gonna make them better when they get injured.

I think washington is insisting Jamison and his fat contract is part of the deal.

Lo Porto
02-12-2010, 11:36 AM

The problem with the Wiz this year before Arenas went down was there were too many players that needed the ball. When the Wiz get Arenas back, re-sign Haywood and add one very good rookie to this roster, they might be headed up faster than they were with Butler and Jamison in town. Arenas is untradable and the combo of Jamison, Arenas and Butler didn't work.

And let's just say the Wiz get a 1st out of this deal. Then they turn Ray Allen into another 1st. Now if the Wiz could strike gold with one of their two other draft picks (Boston and the pick gotten by an Allen trade), then their future is even brighter.

This trade is very smart for the Wiz in my mind. Some times, you just pull the bandaid quickly...

masalex1205
02-12-2010, 11:37 AM

76ers:
iverson/holiday
mcgrady/williams/green
young/carney/kapono
speights/cook
amare/smith

suns:
nash/dragic
barbosa/dudley
iggy/hill
frye/almonson
sammy/lopez

rockets:
brooks/lowry
richardson/ariza
battier/budinger
brand/landry
scola/hayes

Do what now?

JordansBulls
02-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Id be in heaven if this went down. wow..Then do they do the davis for augistine trade.

Rondo/augustine
Butler/TA/House
Pierce/Daniels/Walker
Garnett/Jamison/Williams
Perkins/Sheed

Man, that would surely put Boston back at the top. They would be able to essentially rest Garnett and just allow Jamison to start.

shep33
02-12-2010, 11:43 AM
I think washington is insisting Jamison and his fat contract is part of the deal.

Yeah i was thinking that, I'm a Lakers and Knicks fan, and in all honesty i'm not trying to make excuses for trying to make Boston look bad. Haha mostly b/c i picked a Boston LA finals. But I just don't like them going after older guys. I liked the idea of Big Baby for DJ, it makes them younger and Augustine can knock down shots and get penetration. Pierce, Sheed, Allen, and KG are all not the same players they use to be, they're still solid players, but they're ages are 32, 35, 34, and 33. Jamison and Butler are gonna get a lot of money too, 11 and 10 million a year, and I just don't like the idea of investing in guys who are gonna be 31 and 34 next year.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Man, that would surely put Boston back at the top. They would be able to essentially rest Garnett and just allow Jamison to start.

thats what a smart coach would do. Somehow if this deal happened, KG would be playing 37 mins a game. doc is at fault for the wheels falling off.

he ran these guys into the floor in december and january.

This deal is so awesome, Id throw in Glen Davis and a 1st round pick. without hesitation.

shep33
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
The problem with the Wiz this year before Arenas went down was there were too many players that needed the ball. When the Wiz get Arenas back, re-sign Haywood and add one very good rookie to this roster, they might be headed up faster than they were with Butler and Jamison in town. Arenas is untradable and the combo of Jamison, Arenas and Butler didn't work.

And let's just say the Wiz get a 1st out of this deal. Then they turn Ray Allen into another 1st. Now if the Wiz could strike gold with one of their two other draft picks (Boston and the pick gotten by an Allen trade), then their future is even brighter.

This trade is very smart for the Wiz in my mind. Some times, you just pull the bandaid quickly...

They won't get a 1st for Ray cause his contract is expring and that's really their only interest in him. I just think they can spread Jamison and Butler around for better deals. Butler to the Celts would be better.

king4day
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Oh, shizl gzngahr

thats better than Pau Gasol robbery

I think it'd have to be up there.
This is extremely lopsided. If I'm Washington, I'm asking for Davis in this deal or something. Even that's not enough. Maybe a few firsts.

EDIT: It wouldn't be up there in terms of the Gasol trade....it would blow it away. At least LA gave Memphis some youth with high hopes. This trade gives Washington nothing. If this went down and I was a Wiz fan, I don't know if I could continue to follow this team until they showed a commitment to improving.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah i was thinking that, I'm a Lakers and Knicks fan, and in all honesty i'm not trying to make excuses for trying to make Boston look bad. Haha mostly b/c i picked a Boston LA finals. But I just don't like them going after older guys. I liked the idea of Big Baby for DJ, it makes them younger and Augustine can knock down shots and get penetration. Pierce, Sheed, Allen, and KG are all not the same players they use to be, they're still solid players, but they're ages are 32, 35, 34, and 33. Jamison and Butler are gonna get a lot of money too, 11 and 10 million a year, and I just don't like the idea of investing in guys who are gonna be 31 and 34 next year.

Age isnt as important as miles on the legs. KG has been in the NBA since he was 18 i believe. Butler does not have nearly as many miles on him. Not ot mention Butler has been playing in a very relaxed environment in washington. In Boston, he would be thrown into the fire of competition.

yes they will be old next year. they may even be old now. (I think Pierce and KG are injured, Ray is old).

This is Boston's last good shot at the title for a while, make the deal. Go for it all.

#1Mavericksfan
02-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Ever since that Pau trade teams think they can rip the other one off......it's getting sad now.

Lo Porto
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
This is Boston's last good shot at the title for a while, make the deal. Go for it all.

As a Jazz fan, my team doesn't have the money or collective talent to have the balls to pull off a deal like this. If the Jazz were in Boston's exact same situation, I would be begging my GM to pull the trigger. The window is only so big for the Celtics, and this is the type of trade to win a title before that window closes...

Teeboy1487
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Man I hope the wizards don't do this.

caddiemaster
02-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Thats b.s. the N.B.A.............is fake!

Vikes_Fan_TC
02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
The Celts need a shakeup, what they have right now isn't working. Its more money down the road but the window to win is closing fast and desperate times call for desperate measures. I would love this trade, then use Davis and Shelden to get Augustin, as mentioned earlier this week.

From a Wizard standpoint, this is a salary dump, plain and simple. The talent coming in is not what they are after, its Ray's expiring deal, plus Scal and Giddens who could be waived right away.

Its a win-win for both teams, I hope it happens.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
As a Jazz fan, my team doesn't have the money or collective talent to have the balls to pull off a deal like this. If the Jazz were in Boston's exact same situation, I would be begging my GM to pull the trigger. The window is only so big for the Celtics, and this is the type of trade to win a title before that window closes...

exactly

shep33
02-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Age isnt as important as miles on the legs. KG has been in the NBA since he was 18 i believe. Butler does not have nearly as many miles on him. Not ot mention Butler has been playing in a very relaxed environment in washington. In Boston, he would be thrown into the fire of competition.

yes they will be old next year. they may even be old now. (I think Pierce and KG are injured, Ray is old).

Yeah i get what your saying, if the Celts had to make a deal, i'd try and get Butler only though, that's 20 mill each season for both Butler and Jamison, I listened to some NBA insider on the web and he was saying that Doc actually likes the team that he has. I still think they make a deal though, but just IMO better to have Butler than Jamison.

Alwaysballin247
02-12-2010, 12:04 PM
um we would be ROBBING them blind. and sealing a Championship. i mean really this would be the roster.

Rondo/TA
Butler/Daniels
Pierce
Jamison?/Davis/Sheed?
KG/Perkins?

unbelievable

You forgot house

osurocker93
02-12-2010, 12:06 PM
BLOCKBUSTER TRADE BETWEEN CELTS, KINGS, AND WIZARDS

Celtics get: Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and Kevin Martin
Wizards get: Ray Allen, Kenny Thomas, and Ime Udoka, Celtics 1st round pick for 2010 and for 2012
Kings get: Kendrick Perkins, Glen Davis, Deshawn Stevenson, Brian Scalabrine, Tony Allen

Would the Celtics do it?
YES, because they get 4 extremely good players who would undoubtedly bring them a championship
Would the Wizards do it?
Yes because they get expiring contracts and a 1st round pick
Would the Kings do it?
Yes because they get 2 young big men in perkins and davis, and also receive expiring contracts

WeaponXXX
02-12-2010, 12:08 PM
This should be illegal if you ask me. Totally unfair... Washington should be shot

Gibby23
02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
The only bad part of the deal is that the Celtics lose Allen. He is a big shot maker when the game is on the line. I know he isn't hitting the 3 ball as well this year but he has been there before and you can't really replace that in a close game in the 4th.

mavwar53
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
wouldn't be suprised cause it makes sense for both but wow, that is a lot of talent boston would have.

koreancabbage
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
i don't think it's going to happen. They would trade for TMac instead. like WTF? no way this happens.

WeaponXXX
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
The gasol deal doesn't seem to lop sided now with the development of Marc.

Lo Porto
Before everybody gets too excited, this is a great trade for Boston but it guarantees nothing. Like somebody said, Boston still loses their most clutch player in this deal and spends a TON of money the next two years on this gamble.

mikantsass
Danny..... Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase get this done!!!!!!!!!

twoearl
02-12-2010, 12:18 PM
lmao! This trade is HORRIBLE for washington. This has to be some bs. You mean to tell me that can't do anything better than Ray's expiring contract? Jamison and Butler are two very good players both can play at all star levels? Who do they even expect to sign with the little cap relief they would get? NOBODY is lining up to play in DC with Mr. Shoot'em up Arenas. He is a ball hog and the rest of the team is terrible?????

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah i get what your saying, if the Celts had to make a deal, i'd try and get Butler only though, that's 20 mill each season for both Butler and Jamison, I listened to some NBA insider on the web and he was saying that Doc actually likes the team that he has. I still think they make a deal though, but just IMO better to have Butler than Jamison.

thats a good question.

I think Jamison still has something left and as a sixth man, Id say its worst taking on the money. Then again, im not paying for it.

This is my deal:

Celtics get Butler, Jamison, and a back up PG (is it boynkins now?)
Wiz get Ray, scal, Giddens, Davis, and a 1st round pick

Lo Porto
02-12-2010, 12:20 PM
The gasol deal doesn't seem to lop sided now with the development of Marc.

Shut the hell up Laker fans. The Gasol trade was a robbery. He's a top 15 NBA talent that was gotten for peanuts. For all you guys to chime in is complete BS. You guys were given a gift by your ex GM that will probably win you 2 or 3 titles by the end of Gasol's career. Nothing in the history of the NBA compares to that trade.

For ya'll to come in here and make a comparison shows your ignorance. Just shut up and enjoy what was GIVEN to you. Add that to the refs always pampering the Laker players and you know why the rest of the league despises you and your organization.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Before everybody gets too excited, this is a great trade for Boston but it guarantees nothing. Like somebody said, Boston still loses their most clutch player in this deal and spends a TON of money the next two years on this gamble.

as a huge Celtics fan and always loved ray ray, he is losing it and losing it fast.

NBA SGs are like NFL RBs. when they hit the wall, they smash into it. im listening to weei and they said that and i totally agree. think about it. A SG is basically a jump shooter. if the legs start to go, the player really loses his effectiveness.

ray is close to finished. and i have no doubt Danny is doing everything he can to trade him.

Ainge is said to always have been on red's back pleading to trade the old big 3. and from day 1 of the new big 3, DA has made it clear. we are not going to grow old together. when its about to be on the downside, he wont hesistate to make the deal.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Shut the hell up Laker fans. The Gasol trade was a robbery. He's a top 15 NBA talent that was gotten for peanuts. For all you guys to chime in is complete BS. You guys were given a gift by your ex GM that will probably win you 2 or 3 titles by the end of Gasol's career. Nothing in the history of the NBA compares to that trade.

For ya'll to come in here and make a comparison shows your ignorance. Just shut up and enjoy what was GIVEN to you. Add that to the refs always pampering the Laker players and you know why the rest of the league despises you and your organization.

u would make an awesome Celtics fan. feel free to contribute in the Celtics forum anytime. as in, please do so. u actually add something usefull.

magichatnumber9
02-12-2010, 12:29 PM
You forgot houseI hope we trade house.

Sadds The Gr8
02-12-2010, 12:29 PM
No washington! Don't do it!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I hope we trade house.

me too.

Gibby23
02-12-2010, 12:32 PM

Because they are always winning? And winnings means beating most teams and that causes the other team and fans to hate the Lakers because the Lakers keep beating them. Kind of like how they beat the Jazz in the playoffs year after year.

Also, why would the Lakers or Laker fans care if everyone else hates them?

Maintain This
02-12-2010, 12:34 PM
get errr done

magichatnumber9
02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
If this deal goes down regardless how the season turns out every Celtics fan for the next 4-5 years should go to at least 2 Celtic Home games and spend at least $200.00 at the garden. Seriously, there is no sarcasm what so ever.

magichatnumber9
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Because they are always winning? And winnings means beating most teams and that causes the other team and fans to hate the Lakers because the Lakers keep beating them. Kind of like how they beat the Jazz in the playoffs year after year.

Gibby23 It's the price as fans we must pay. I don't know about you but I can live with it. Lakers and Celtics might not get a long but we probably have a lot in common. And there is respect between us two started when Larry and Magic became brothers.

Cubsfan365
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
BLOCKBUSTER TRADE BETWEEN CELTS, KINGS, AND WIZARDS

Celtics get: Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and Kevin Martin
Wizards get: Ray Allen, Kenny Thomas, and Ime Udoka, Celtics 1st round pick for 2010 and for 2012
Kings get: Kendrick Perkins, Glen Davis, Deshawn Stevenson, Brian Scalabrine, Tony Allen

Would the Celtics do it?
YES, because they get 4 extremely good players who would undoubtedly bring them a championship
Would the Wizards do it?
Yes because they get expiring contracts and a 1st round pick
Would the Kings do it?
Yes because they get 2 young big men in perkins and davis, and also receive expiring contracts
Wow...most lopsided trade of all time.

BigEric
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Poor Ray Allen. That's all I've gotta say.

Gibby23
02-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Gibby23 It's the price as fans we must pay. I don't know about you but I can live with it. Lakers and Celtics might not get a long but we probably have a lot in common. And there is respect between us two started when Larry and Magic became brothers.

I like that other teams and fans hate us. Im sure you like it also because that means you are winning.

Back to the deal. Does Washington have any use for Ray? They might just buy him out and he comes back the the C's in 30 days.

bagwell368
02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
lmao! This trade is HORRIBLE for washington. This has to be some bs. You mean to tell me that can't do anything better than Ray's expiring contract? Jamison and Butler are two very good players both can play at all star levels? Who do they even expect to sign with the little cap relief they would get? NOBODY is lining up to play in DC with Mr. Shoot'em up Arenas. He is a ball hog and the rest of the team is terrible?????

Washington is getting rid of two guys that are overpaid for what they are that have 2 and 3 years left on the deal. All the contracts they take back are expiring this year. If you guys sign a real good FA, how upset will you be then?

nads83
02-12-2010, 12:57 PM
i would stop watching basketball

Lo Porto
02-12-2010, 12:58 PM

You're pretty funny. Let's take out the very suspect trade by a former Laker legend to the Lakers.

Beating the Jazz is easy when the refs throw logic out the window. Just look at this. The Jazz averaged 10 more FT a game than the Lakers for both 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons. When these two teams met in the playoffs in the first round of both of those seasons, the Lakers averaged over 10 more FT's a game than the Jazz for both series. There was an over 15 FT switch from season FT's to playoff FT's. I'm no rocket scientist, but it's really easy to win playoff series when refs change what they do.

Make all the excuses you want for the FT difference, but it is what it is. I don't want to get away from the point of this thread, and we'd be arguing over something Laker fans refuse to admit - their players are treated differently come playoff time. Money rules all and the Lakers going deep into the playoffs is good business. Now let's go back to talking about Wiz and Celts....

JOSKOMANG4
02-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Rockets & Cavaliers:

C Big Z, SG/PG D.West, & SF J. Moon to the Cavaliers for SG T.Mcgrady & 2010 2nd rd pick.

Cavs Lineup:

C) Shaq/Varajeo
PF) Hickson/Powe/D.Jackson
SF) L.James/D.Green/J.Williams
SG) T.McGrady/A.Parker
PG) M.Williams(injured)/ D.Gibson/G.Jackson

Rockets:

C) Big Z/D.Anderson/J.Dorsey/C.Hayes
PF) Scola/M.Landry/B.Cook
SF) T.Ariza/J.Moon/C.Budinger
SG) S.Battier/D.West/J. Taylor
PG) Brooks/ Lowry

Burkey3472
02-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Seems like a good deal for both teams if it goes down. Celtics get a little younger and better and the Wiz cut a ton of salary.

Gibby23
02-12-2010, 01:02 PM
You're pretty funny. Let's take out the very suspect trade by a former Laker legend to the Lakers.

Beating the Jazz is easy when the refs throw logic out the window. Just look at this. The Jazz averaged 10 more FT a game than the Lakers for both 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons. When these two teams met in the playoffs in the first round of both of those seasons, the Lakers averaged over 10 more FT's a game than the Jazz for both series. There was an over 15 FT switch from season FT's to playoff FT's. I'm no rocket scientist, but it's really easy to win playoff series when refs change what they do.

Make all the excuses you want for the FT difference, but it is what it is. I don't want to get away from the point of this forum, and we'd be arguing over something Laker fans refuse to admit - their players are treated differently come playoff time. Money rules all and the Lakers going deep into the playoffs is good business. Now let's go back to talking about Wiz and Celts....

Everybody needs a reason when they lose and your reason is above.

It's not my fault Boozer is leaving because the Jazz can't pay him. He is taking that small championship window for the azz with him. Good luck being a 7 or 8 see the rest of D Will career.

magichatnumber9
02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I like that other teams and fans hate us. Im sure you like it also because that means you are winning.

Back to the deal. Does Washington have any use for Ray? They might just buy him out and he comes back the the C's in 30 days.I don't think long term. They really want to start over in Washington.

knickerbockerny
02-12-2010, 01:09 PM
On paper the Celtics look scary. But that trade is going to mess up the chemistry dearly. To many cheifs and no indians so to say. Jamison is almost averaging 20pts 10rbs you think in all heart or hearts he is going to want to come off the bench! Yeah right! Caron Butler is not going to want to take a back seat to Peirce either. Especially with his contract coming off the books after next season.

Ray Allen is not the problem on the court. Now we don't know what's going on in the locker room, but Ray Ray has always been clutch for them. The problem has been KG's injuries and inconsistent play. When you trade Ray you lose a backcourt shooter and we all know Rondo can't shoot. The Celtics is built for the playoffs anyway, they don't need to hit the panic button.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Ever since that Pau trade teams think they can rip the other one off......it's getting sad now.

Your mad cause your boy Cuban hasn't done jack for help his team

good job for giving 3 bad MLE contacts (carroll, diop, gooden)

HookerFighter
02-12-2010, 01:18 PM
This my friends is the perfect move. This trade would allow the Celtics to continue to be competitive in the coming years and allow the Wizards to have a shot at two or three of the 10 great free agents available this year. Wade...Bosh? Joe Johnson Bosh? The Celtics would be crazy not to take this deal, if Ray Allen finishes the year in Boston we have no room to sign a big free agent even with his expiring deal.

SpeeMN
02-12-2010, 01:21 PM
does Kevin McHale work for the wizards???

or is Ainge just that good???

tcav701
02-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Im not gonna say chemistry is over rated but with an aging and recently injury prone team, depth is the alot more valuable in the playoffs.

The C's are much better if they make this deal.

avrpatsfan
02-12-2010, 01:26 PM

This

Lo Porto
02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Everybody needs a reason when they lose and your reason is above.

It's not my fault Boozer is leaving because the Jazz can't pay him. He is taking that small championship window for the azz with him. Good luck being a 7 or 8 see the rest of D Will career.

Let it go douche, let it go.

I hope this trade happens so it starts more deals going down. Once somebody breaks the ice, there could be tons of deals that follow. This year is like an 8th grade dance where everybody's just waiting for that first kid to make a move.

DaoudS
02-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Wow...most lopsided trade of all time.

I am hoping he was attempting satire.

avrpatsfan
02-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Washington is getting rid of two guys that are overpaid for what they are that have 2 and 3 years left on the deal. All the contracts they take back are expiring this year. If you guys sign a real good FA, how upset will you be then?

Agreed. Washington is in terrible shape with the whole Arenas fiasco, overpaid players. They will be in great shape to be able to sign a solid FA if not a great FA. The Celtics would take this in a heartbeat, but I think we would need to include Wallece. But his contract isn't expiring so maybe not. Let's hope this goes down

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM

Make all the excuses you want for the FT difference, but it is what it is. I don't want to get away from the point of this thread, and we'd be arguing over something Laker fans refuse to admit - their players are treated differently come playoff time. Money rules all and the Lakers going deep into the playoffs is good business. Now let's go back to talking about Wiz and Celts....

It's all about matchups, who cares how much you averaged FTs per game in a season!

your midgets, boozer and millsap, cant defend gasol, odom, and bynum so they need to foul!

silly utah fans!

avrpatsfan
02-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Poor Ray Allen. That's all I've gotta say.

I heard the Wizards would buy him out and he would return to the Celtics in 30 days, but that's a longshot

avrpatsfan
02-12-2010, 01:34 PM
It's all about matchups, who cares how much you averaged FTs per game in a season!

your midgets, boozer and millsap, cant defend gasol, odom, and bynum so they need to foul!

silly utah fans!

Haha for once I agree with a Lakers fan

mikantsass
02-12-2010, 01:34 PM
I heard the Wizards would buy him out and he would return to the Celtics in 30 days, but that's a longshot

Thats just Celtics fans dreaming

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-12-2010, 01:38 PM

would they have enough players???

that would be horrible trade basically jamison butler for veal and giddens

Conclusion:2 stars for 2 scrubs haha

Avenged
02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
That's an all star team! would definitely give my Lakers a run for their money.

Hope this doesn't happen! :p

fadedmario
02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
The newest rumor out there is cavs/rockets/pistions - with Richard Hamilton going to Cleveland

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Haha for once I agree with a Lakers fan

thank you :)

Lo Porto
02-12-2010, 01:43 PM

silly utah fans!

Take away 15 FT's a game and the Lakers don't win either series. So you're the one who should care about, really appreciate, how many FT's you averaged a game moron.

Are you really going to tell me that the definition of a foul changes from the season to the playoffs? That has to be convenient because it does for the Lakers.

Sports Illustrator
It looks like the Celtics have backed down from this deal because it adds on a lot of money for them to spend. I am not sold on the idea that the Celtics would win the championship though because Jamison and Butler both may not start. Butler is solid on defense at times but Jamison not so much, so this definitely raises questions for the Celtics and I see why they are backing down on this deal.

As for the Wizards, I assume they are really hoping for this deal to go down since they've been wanting to dump both contracts.

DaoudS
The newest rumor out there is cavs/rockets/pistions - with Richard Hamilton going to Cleveland

link?

Stunner
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Says Blazers are close to a wrokable deal for Tyrus. I hope Outlaw is involved i want to keep him on the Bulls he is only 25 and is clutch in the 4th quarter. Also says tha Sac,Denver,San A, and the Knicks are looking at Tyrus to Here are some trades i would do with each team forget about Denver

Kings
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhgk8cf
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yh26oep

Spurs
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygbsgvz

Knicks
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yl7b32c
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykx67ad

Blazers
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yk77goe
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yz7s4r4

Lo Porto
02-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Celtics would be dumb to back out of this deal. They've got the money. What do they have to lose?

RaysFan
02-12-2010, 01:47 PM
How is this a great trade for Washington? It is a "I hate Cleveland and I want to mess them up as much as I can by taking a lesser offer from Boston and giving them more talent in return" type of move. Cleveland is offering Z and a 1st for Jamison alone. Washington could then turn around and deal Butler and Stevenson for someone like Josh Howard. That alone is better than the crap I saw in that article.

The next move for Washington would be to trade one of their own expiring contracts to the Knicks for Eddy Curry.

mgsports
02-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I would do Miller,Davis or Haywood or Dampier or Jamison to the Magic,Z/Gortat and Bass to the Wizards,Butler to the Celtics, Allen to the Mavericks and Josh Howard/Stevenson/so on to the CAVS.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Take away 15 FT's a game and the Lakers don't win either series. So you're the one who should care about, really appreciate, how many FT's you averaged a game moron.

Are you really going to tell me that the definition of a foul changes from the season to the playoffs? That has to be convenient because it does for the Lakers.

for god sake, don't be so dumb

there are lot of teams in the NBA which your team will matchup better or worse!

against some of them you will get more FTs(teams with losing record) and against others you will get less FTs(better teams).

your stats would be absolutly right if the jazz would meet with the lakers 82 times in a year, but actually they will play only 3 or 4 times!

I'm done arguing with, your points doesn't make sense at all!

Have a nice day!

Gibby23
02-12-2010, 01:59 PM

Yes if you take away 15 points from the wining team, they will lose.

The only thing wrong with that is that the Utah big men are too small for the Laker bigs and they are not fast enough to guard Odom, so they foul.

Alot of shoulda, coulda, woulda. The fact is the Lakers did get those freethrows and the Jazz.

You can always go beat the Lakers on NBA Live.

magichatnumber9
02-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Is it just me or do I smell ******** with this trade. My gut tells me this is not going down.

WITZ
02-12-2010, 02:04 PM
From the wizards beat writer,guess somebody got ahead of themselves

"Talked to two league sources who shot down BOS-WAS rumor. One said teams never had conversations about Allen for Jamsion/Butler swap."

CELTICS4LYFE
02-12-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/02/ainge_no_deals.html

Salvy123
02-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Im a Wizards fan, and if this dela went down i think we should get better players than scalabreni and giddens. maybe eddie house or tony allen with ray allen instead!

Wilson
02-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I've merged the Ray Allen for Caron Butler and Antwan Jamison into the trade deadline speculation thread. Remember:

Any type of rumors from here until the trade deadline should go here. IF a deal happens then that should be it's own thread.

---------

I really, really, really hope this deal doesn't go through. I'm a huge fan of Caron Butler and him being a Celtic would create some real conflict in my life :(

It would be great for the Celtics though, Butler is a really solid guy on both ends of the court and Jamison could provide some really nice scoring off the bench, or give them the option to go small-ball if they want to.

Im a Wizards fan, and if this dela went down i think we should get better players than scalabreni and giddens. maybe eddie house or tony allen with ray allen instead!

Whoever they get, the Wizards aren't doing it to win this season. Right now I think they're just looking into the future and trying to get some cap space.

Stunner
02-12-2010, 02:33 PM
ESPN is reporting the Bulls have an offer on the table of Hinrich, Tyrus, and a 1st round pick for Amar'e.

Wilson
02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
ESPN is reporting the Bulls have an offer on the table of Hinrich, Tyrus, and a 1st round pick for Amar'e.

I don't think the Suns would accept that. They're looking for cap space this summer aren't they?

Stunner
02-12-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't think the Suns would accept that. They're looking for cap space this summer aren't they?

If they are why would dey get in deals for Iggy and Dalmebert or Beasley contract. I dont knw wat they are doing.

Alwaysballin247
02-12-2010, 02:55 PM

That is fine!! you can have them

Wilson
02-12-2010, 02:56 PM
If they are why would dey get in deals for Iggy and Dalmebert or Beasley contract. I dont knw wat they are doing.

Well Iggy and Dalembert are guys who can run with Steve Nash (especially Iggy) and help them win potentially a lot of games. I don't know how well Kirk Hinrich would fit next to Nash on a team that wants to compete in the play-offs.

Tyrus Thomas would be great, but not worth Amare Stoudemire in my opinion.