PDA

View Full Version : Without their Star

DynaMike
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
What team do you guys think would be the worst without their star? Most people would say Cleveland without Lebron, which is a good argument, but I think I'm gonna go with Miami without D-Wade. They totally rely on him. Thoughts?...

ManRam
02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Miami would be terrible without Wade. Probably slightly worse than the Cavs.

Raph12
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Last season would be Cleveland without Lebron, now that they have Shaq and Hickson is playing better, they could pick up a couple of more wins, so it's Miami without Wade.

GreenMan305
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
its not the lakers or denver

they keep winning without thre stars

miami and cle

Cool007
02-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Cavs without Bron = bottom 7 teams.
Heat without Wade = Bottom 5 teams
Raptors without Bosh = bottom 7 teams (this year)

Teams that would be in the lottery without their star player?

Bulls without Rose
Magic without Dwight
Spurs without Duncan
Bobcats without Wallace
Thunder without Durant
Suns without Nash
Mavs without Dirk

Hellcrooner
02-09-2010, 03:19 PM
what happened with all the people that not so long ago told Lakers with no kobe would be lottery because pau never won a playoff game blah blah blah blah :p?

JordansBulls
02-09-2010, 03:24 PM

Bulls without Rose
Magic without Dwight
Spurs without Duncan
Bobcats without Wallace
Thunder without Durant
Suns without Nash
Mavs without Dirk

Well Cavs wouldn't be that good now because Mo is injured.

_Supreme_
02-09-2010, 03:27 PM
what happened with all the people that not so long ago told Lakers with no kobe would be lottery because pau never won a playoff game blah blah blah blah :p?

Actually I have always said the opposite. The Lakers without Kobe can still get it done perferctly fine. That is also a big part of the reason why he did not deserve the MVP award two seasons ago either when Chris Paul was robbed purely because of media-politics.

NyCsPoRtS1
02-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Mia

Swashcuff
02-09-2010, 03:32 PM

Bulls without Rose
Magic without Dwight
Spurs without Duncan
Bobcats without Wallace
Thunder without Durant
Suns without Nash
Mavs without Dirk

You seriously believe the MAGIC will be a lottery team without Dwight. In the EAST. Without Duncan the Spurs will still be decent by West standards probly 6,7,8. Same goes for Dirk and the Mavs

FairWeatherFan?
02-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Magic with out D12 would get killed in the paint.

BkOriginalOne
02-09-2010, 03:43 PM
The Heat and Thunder come to mind.

I would say the Thunder.

ManRam
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Magic with out D12 would get killed in the paint.

Gortat and Bass would step in and be fine defensively. Olrando is better off than all those teams cool007 listed without their star.

Giaps
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Miami is a worse team without Wade, but they aren't exactly great with him either... a 6-9th seed in the east. Take Lebron off the Cavs and they don't even make the playoffs.

C-Van
02-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Miami without Dwayne would be terrible, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that the worst would be Suns without Nash or the Thunder without Durant would be the worst off without their stars.

SteveNash
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM
You seriously believe the MAGIC will be a lottery team without Dwight. In the EAST. Without Duncan the Spurs will still be decent by West standards probly 6,7,8. Same goes for Dirk and the Mavs

The Spurs are nearly a lottery team with Duncan

JabberJaw
02-09-2010, 04:34 PM
It has to be Miami without Wade. If Cleveland loses Lebron, they still have Shaq and Williams, and theyre in the East. Orlando still has an all-star in Lewis. Suns have an all-star in Amare. Miami would be absolutely TERRIBLE. They would go from a low end playoff team, to possibly the worst team in the league

posterized
02-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Thunder without KD. He is their offense. Look at his stats now. Take him out of the equation and it wouldnt look good for the Thunder

IMO Dallas without Dirk would also be horrible. He is their most consistent offensive threat

Gibby23
02-09-2010, 04:47 PM
The Nets without Lopez.

LanceUpperCut
02-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Miami and Cavs hands down. Raptors would be alot worse but Bargnani would move to PF and guys like Hedo would hopefully step up thier game.

fresh prince
02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Actually I have always said the opposite. The Lakers without Kobe can still get it done perferctly fine. That is also a big part of the reason why he did not deserve the MVP award two seasons ago either when Chris Paul was robbed purely because of media-politics.

:laugh: At Kobe being some kind of "media darling".

If this were the case he wuold have 3 -4 MVP's by now..

pebloemer
02-09-2010, 05:14 PM

Bulls without Rose
Magic without Dwight
Spurs without Duncan
Bobcats without Wallace
Thunder without Durant
Suns without Nash
Mavs without Dirk

I'd add Utah without D. Will.

C-Van
02-09-2010, 05:47 PM
It has to be Miami without Wade. If Cleveland loses Lebron, they still have Shaq and Williams, and theyre in the East. Orlando still has an all-star in Lewis. Suns have an all-star in Amare. Miami would be absolutely TERRIBLE. They would go from a low end playoff team, to possibly the worst team in the league

I really enjoy your sig man. I was a big big big Darrent Williams fan.

Tony_Starks
02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Without Bron Cleveland would still be decent. Off the strength of Shaq and Mo Williams scoring more they'd be playoff bound.

Miami would be putting up New Jersey numbers without Wade. They are winning completely based on him.

Raph12
02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Gortat and Bass would step in and be fine defensively. Olrando is better off than all those teams cool007 listed without their star.

Wrong, with no inside presence on both ends, we'd just be watching Carter, Lewis and Nelson chucking to their heart's content.

2008-09 New Jersey all over again