PDA

View Full Version : What team out West would be the team most likely to upset the Lakers in the playoffs?

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
LA Lakers 40 13 .755 -
Denver 34 17 .667 5
Utah 31 18 .633 7
Dallas 32 19 .627 7
Phoenix 31 21 .596 8
San Antonio 29 21 .580 9
Oklahoma City 29 21 .580 9
Portland 30 23 .566 10

Houston 27 23 .540 11

Denver
Utah
Dallas
Phoenix
San Antonio
Oklahoma City
Portland
Houston

bahama0811
02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd have to say the Nuggets, we've already beaten the Lakers twice.

Wilson
02-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Before the season I said Denver. Today I'm going to stick with that. I don't know if I would really call it an 'upset' though, everyone should know by now that the Nuggets are a legitimate team and are just as capable of winning the championship this season as anyone.

ManRam
02-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Denver. The Laker front court should be able to easily handle Denver's, they just don't always. Chauncey and Melo obviously can single handily win some games...

I think Utah has a chance too. It will be tough to win the three games in Utah, and I think they could pull off a win in LA. The rest of the teams I don't think can do it. I thought SA was good enough at the beginning of the year, and still think they could flip the switch in the playoffs...but I don't think they could beat LA 4 times.

Raph12
02-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Denver seems unstoppable with both Billups and Melo on the floor, we'll see how that translates into the playoffs though.

igPay atinLay
02-09-2010, 01:32 PM
As long as someone does I do not care who.

IversonIsKrazy
02-09-2010, 02:44 PM
between Nuggets or Blazers, and Thunder would surprisingly challenge them, but no upset.

JordansBulls
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
between Nuggets or Blazers, and Thunder would surprisingly challenge them, but no upset.

IF Oden and their other big men were to play then yes Portland would have a great shot.

iggypop123
02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
the team known as "injuries"

coloradoyankee
02-09-2010, 11:41 PM
just saw this question on ESPN.com, thought it was interesting and wonder what you all think.

do you think the Lakers would make the playoffs if they didnt have Kobe for an entire season?

i think they would, i would assume that Odom would then go to the starting lineup... Gasol, Bynum, Odom would be a pretty formidable front line.

C-Van
02-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I really think that Utah would pose a serious threat. They would be able to greatly outplay them at the point guard position, and have some great front court depth that would be able to challenge the Lakers.

caseyrh
02-09-2010, 11:43 PM
of course. that team is loaded.

Wray77
02-09-2010, 11:43 PM
The raptors. Game 7 out west.

MJ-BULLS
02-09-2010, 11:44 PM
ill have to say Nuggets and Trailblazers when healthy.

Kakaroach
02-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Denver for sure. I think you can put Utah in the mix just like some people said.

Raph12
02-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Maybe with the 7th or 8th seed at best, that backcourt (Brown-Fisher) and their weak bench would do them in.

Wilson
02-09-2010, 11:48 PM
I really think that Utah would pose a serious threat. They would be able to greatly outplay them at the point guard position, and have some great front court depth that would be able to challenge the Lakers.

Derek Fisher actually plays Deron Williams better than he plays most other guards. It's the lighting quick guys he struggles more with.

Utah do sound convincing though, especially if Andrei Kirilenko is playing well.

C-Van
Maybe with the 7th or 8th seed at best, that backcourt (Brown-Fisher) and their weak bench would do them in.

I wouldn't call their bench weak at all. It's one of the better ones in the league. However, I do agree with their seeding. I say Kobe gets them 7-8 wins a year in last minute shots alone. He has already had 4 game winning shots at this point in the season. I think they would definitely make the playoffs in the East, and they would have to challenge for maybe the last two spots in the West.

ManRam
I think so. Odom, Gasol and Artest have all been first options before. They wouldn't have much depth, but I think they'd squeak in to the playoffs.

shep33
02-09-2010, 11:50 PM
I think they'd get 6-8th. They have to crunch time players though, without Kobe and nobody who can get them a bucket when they need one urgently. He was basically the reason why the Lakers beat Denver in last year's playoffs, where he just owned Smith and Dahntey Jones. If anybody watches Laker games here too, Kobe is the teams most physical player, and yest i actually think he's more physical than Artest (basketball wise). Bigs are weak too once other teams push them around.

Raph12
02-10-2010, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't call their bench weak at all. It's one of the better ones in the league. However, I do agree with their seeding. I say Kobe gets them 7-8 wins a year in last minute shots alone. He has already had 4 game winning shots at this point in the season. I think they would definitely make the playoffs in the East, and they would have to challenge for maybe the last two spots in the West.

I could see them challenging and beating the Thunder and Blazers for the 7th and 8th seed, and if Oden and Yao bounce back next season, I say they wouldn't make it in the West.

In the East, they'd capture the 5th, don't think they'd touch the Cavs, Magic, Hawks or Celts though.

mzgrizz
02-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Nuggets

GspLAL
02-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Aside from the obvious choice, Rockets might have a chance, they match up well with LA.

loveofthegame87
02-10-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't think that any team can beat the lakers four out of seven, but if I had to chose it would be the nuggets.

Wilson
02-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Poll added.

Hellcrooner
02-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Lets see it that way

Fisher vs Jason Williams = Grizz.

Farmar vs Brevin Knight = Lakers.

Sasha vs Rodney Buford = Lakers

Walton vs Bonzi ( or posey) = Grizz

S. Brown vs Mike Miller = Grizz.

Artest vs Battier = Lakers.

Odom vs Stromile swift............ do i need to tell it? :p

Young Pau vs Prime Pau = Lakers

Bynum vs Lorenzen Wright = Lakers.

So woudl i be right i i think if a young unexperienced pau could lead that bunch to 50 wins he could lead this laker to playoffs?

thedfactor
02-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Lakers will be tough to beat, but like most people have said it Denver

Those two and three more teams (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/342808-2010-nba-championship-five-teams-with-the-best-chance-to-win) with a chance to win it all...

Raph12
02-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Lets see it that way

Fisher vs Jason Williams = Grizz.

Farmar vs Brevin Knight = Lakers.

Sasha vs Rodney Buford = Lakers

Walton vs Bonzi ( or posey) = Grizz

S. Brown vs Mike Miller = Grizz.

Artest vs Battier = Lakers.

Odom vs Stromile swift............ do i need to tell it? :p

Young Pau vs Prime Pau = Lakers

Bynum vs Lorenzen Wright = Lakers.

So woudl i be right i i think if a young unexperienced pau could lead that bunch to 50 wins he could lead this laker to playoffs?

Yes but factor in the fact that today's league isn't nearly as weak as it was back then.

Derick713
02-10-2010, 01:19 AM
It's the Nuggets hands down. They can win the title. If the Nuggets at there best are better than any other team.

Hellcrooner
02-10-2010, 01:20 AM
^ weak then?

when Kg, Nash, Dirk, Kidd etc etc where on their prime instead of their 30s?

not to mention people that is retired now but was still ballling?

loveofthegame87
02-10-2010, 01:30 AM
It's the Nuggets hands down. They can win the title. If the Nuggets at there best are better than any other team.

I hope you're talking about other teams and not the lakers, because the lakers and nuggets playing against each other at their best the lakers will always come out on top.

Zefflin
02-10-2010, 01:30 AM
In the East, they'd capture the 5th, don't think they'd touch the Cavs, Magic, Hawks or Celts though.

LA with Kobe you still think that?

Idk, otherwise :laugh2:.

PHX2daDEATH
02-10-2010, 01:32 AM
And that right there is one reason why the Phoenix Suns SHOULD NOT make a deal... Lakers have not been healthy all season long and if you want a BOLD PREDICTION If Memphis or Oklahoma City plays the Lakers in the First round, The Lakers aren't making it to the conference semi-finals.. Any Laker fan wanna bet me on that ..I'll gladly put a picture of Gasol's ugly mug on my signature or profile picture.. but only if they play Memphis or the Thunder..:clap:

ko8e24
02-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd close!

Hellcrooner
02-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Out in the first round?

Unless BOTH kobe and gasol are out you are trippin, with any of the two in our line up we cna beat grizz or thunder.

Raph12
02-10-2010, 01:38 AM
^ weak then?

when Kg, Nash, Dirk, Kidd etc etc where on their prime instead of their 30s?

not to mention people that is retired now but was still ballling?

Prime Nash and Dirk wouldn't scare me, Kidd and KG were beasting back then and Shaq was tearing the league up. But yeah, now teams are more stacked, the 1v5 situation worked a lot better back in those days. Now it's impossible to get anywhere with that game plan and don't say Cavs because they're still good without Lebron IMO.

LA with Kobe you still think that?

Idk, otherwise :laugh2:.

Huh?

Spurred1
02-10-2010, 01:40 AM
This is preposterous. They're banged up, not dying. This is just going to get Lakers fans all pissed off. Great move.

Public Enemy #1
02-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Even I have to admit that this thread is stupid. lol LaKERS losing to the Thunder or Grizzlies?! Thats hilarious. Thats about as likely as my Warriors getting the top seed this season. lol Thunder are so overrated, everyone thinks Durant is good cause he takes 30 shot attempts per game, your bound to score 30 when you take as many shots as him. haha

Zefflin
02-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Unless BOTH kobe and gasol are out you are trippin, with any of the two in our line up we cna beat grizz or thunder.

^^^

I think you want mod powers generickobe24 of thread closing abilties. "Offical thread closer." Sound good?

KB24PG16
02-10-2010, 01:41 AM
didnt know a sprained ankle will hobble the lakers through the playoffs

jimbobjarree
02-10-2010, 01:42 AM
I hope they meet the Blazers in the first round, that would be very interesting

GoatMilk
02-10-2010, 01:45 AM
^lakers would win in like 4 or 5

loveofthegame87
Man slow down, you are looking too far ahead. We still have most of february, march, and april for the lakers to get healthy and kobe will be back for certain next week.

thapharcyd
didnt know a sprained ankle will hobble the lakers through the playoffs

Lol

thapharcyd
02-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Lakers minus Kobe are still top 5 in west if everyone else is healthy.

Zefflin
02-10-2010, 01:47 AM
They're 1 or 2 off of 5.
What's there to huh Raph?

Kohaku
02-10-2010, 01:48 AM
They would, but they wouldn't get very far..

dsickich123
02-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Even I have to admit that this thread is stupid. lol LaKERS losing to the Thunder or Grizzlies?! Thats hilarious. Thats about as likely as my Warriors getting the top seed this season. lol Thunder are so overrated, everyone thinks Durant is good cause he takes 30 shot attempts per game, your bound to score 30 when you take as many shots as him. haha

As a Thunder fan, I agree that beating the Lakers in the first round is a really long shot. But on the other hand, I feel like you no nothing about this Thunder team or Kevin Durant. They are 6th in the West right now for the reason. And Durant takes 20 shots a game, shooting 48.5% from the field. Better than Melo, Kobe, D Wade and just about any other superstar other than Lebron

tMoNEy24
02-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Lakers just waiting for the playoffs.. Book it. We'll see them back in the Finals.

masalex1205
02-10-2010, 01:59 AM
I don't think so and def. not as high as people are saying, they'd have Fisher, Brown, and Vujacic as guards - that's got to be the worst guard rotation in the NBA

lol at the guy that said that Kobe gets the Lakers 7-8 wins, I hate Kobe just as much as the next guy but that's because Im a hater. He's still unarguably a top 2 player in the league

theimortalone
02-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Lol, not smart man! Especially in the NBA forum where there are 1000's of Laker homer fans! :facepalm:

ChiSox219
western conf finals, same as where they will get with kobe.

lakerboy
I don't know about Utah. We've beaten them for two consecutive years with no problems. We've had more problems with Houston, mainly because Okur and Boozer don't really match up well with Odom/Bynum/Gasol.

I've got to go with Denver. If it weren't for Kobe's heroics in the third game we would have had our *** handed.

WITZ
02-10-2010, 02:03 AM
I dont know what to believe, earlier we get a thread about how the lakers on a roll because of a 2 GAME WINNING STREAK & now we get a thread about how the west is wide open who to believe :ohno:

lakerboy
02-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Actually I want to play your team in the first round. You've beaten us twice already before..

JDMac80
02-10-2010, 02:12 AM
who ever gets to four wins first vs them

PHX2daDEATH
02-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Lol, not smart man! Especially in the NBA forum where there are 1000's of Laker homer fans! :facepalm:

I'm like King Leonidas, bring em on.. :D

I knew that would bruise some egos.. I'm just not talking about "the Ankle" Correct me if I'm wrong but Gasol's been injured, Bynum is due up for his yearly injury, Ron Artest sips henny and falls down stairs..

How many games have the lakers actually played where their best 6 are all actually healthy? Not too many.. I'm just tired of everybody penciling the lakers into the Finals.. I think that is just as insane as me saying they are going to be out in the first round. Ask some Mavs fans about that..

Oklahoma City, they can play some Defense and if they had legitimate shot blocker around the rim, they WOULD have a chance at Beating the Lakers..

Memphis, nobody realizes how big this team is..They certainly have the size to beat the Lakers, the only thing I question is their focus and when a team like that gets into the playoffs, who knows what they can do and the last I checked.. the Griz beat LA on the 1st of February . Bynum, Gasol and Odom had TERRIBLE games while Zach tore them up inside...

tMoNEy24
02-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Regular season means nothing in the playoffs.. I hate the lakers but Im also a realistic fan. There's 82 games and were not even to half way yet.. Relax folks.

PHX2daDEATH
02-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Actually I want to play your team in the first round. You've beaten us twice already before..

Too bad, either you'll see us in the 2nd Round of West Finals because we aren't getting that 8th seed unless Steve Spurr sends Amare out

And I would LOVE to play you guys in the Playoffs again! There are no back-to-Backs in the Playoffs and we have something you guys don't... A BENCH!!

Wilson
02-10-2010, 02:34 AM
I hope you're talking about other teams and not the lakers, because the lakers and nuggets playing against each other at their best the lakers will always come out on top.

Apart from game six, the Nuggets could have won any game in that series, and that was a line-up that was still relatively inexperienced. This year they'll be much more battle hardened and less mentally exhausted, don't count them out.

PHX2daDEATH
02-10-2010, 02:35 AM
David Aldridge says Amare ain't going nowhere.. Thatta Boy steve..

G-Bay New J
02-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Denver definatly could. But a healthy Portland especially if they can get a big man before the deadline could shock alot of people.

Hellcrooner
02-10-2010, 03:05 AM
man you read what you read and be worried.

So we have had a lot of injuries and never had our bext six men at the same time.........
and we are stil FIRST?

That should be not good news to you.

Wilson
02-10-2010, 03:05 AM
Denver definatly could. But a healthy Portland especially if they can get a big man before the deadline could shock alot of people.

If they somehow can get a big guy at the deadline they're right back in the race, I agree. LaMarcus Aldridge is good but you need a good defensive center next to him I think.

SJSharksfan3186
02-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Every season San Antonio goes under the radar in the regular season and kicks it up in the playoffs. If anyone's going to do it, I think it'll be them so long as Richard Jefferson steps it up a bit and they can stay healthy.

_KB24_
02-10-2010, 03:09 AM
I still stand by this, no one in the West can knock off the Lakers in a 7 game series.

Wilson
02-10-2010, 03:09 AM
Every season San Antonio goes under the radar in the regular season and kicks it up in the playoffs. If anyone's going to do it, I think it'll be them so long as Richard Jefferson steps it up a bit and they can stay healthy.

Yeah if they're healthy they have just as much a shot as anyone.

Strumpy
02-10-2010, 03:17 AM

I knew that would bruise some egos.. I'm just not talking about "the Ankle" Correct me if I'm wrong but Gasol's been injured, Bynum is due up for his yearly injury, Ron Artest sips henny and falls down stairs..

How many games have the lakers actually played where their best 6 are all actually healthy? Not too many.. I'm just tired of everybody penciling the lakers into the Finals.. I think that is just as insane as me saying they are going to be out in the first round. Ask some Mavs fans about that..

Oklahoma City, they can play some Defense and if they had legitimate shot blocker around the rim, they WOULD have a chance at Beating the Lakers..

Memphis, nobody realizes how big this team is..They certainly have the size to beat the Lakers, the only thing I question is their focus and when a team like that gets into the playoffs, who knows what they can do and the last I checked.. the Griz beat LA on the 1st of February . Bynum, Gasol and Odom had TERRIBLE games while Zach tore them up inside...

I'm just warning you right now, the Lakers fans will NOT let you leave this thread alive.

_KB24_
02-10-2010, 03:22 AM
I'll shoot myself if we lose in the firs-round to those two teams. Thats how confident I am.

heathonater
02-10-2010, 03:46 AM
if kobe and or gasol were out for the year, then i would agree that they would lose in the first round of the playoffs. however, their injuries should not be a factor by april. the laker still are the team to beat in the west right now.

Statik1
02-10-2010, 03:58 AM
http://tinyurl.com/ya3dac8

And thats all I have to say about that!

:D

Zefflin
02-10-2010, 03:58 AM
I'll shoot myself if we lose in the firs-round to those two teams. Thats how confident I am.

:laugh2: :clap:

ChaseMe
02-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Ya ok there buddy- even the Mayan calender predicts Lakers will pass first round this season.

jmtapia
02-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Lakers will be fine and PJ will have them playing perfect bball come playoff time...

Statik1
02-10-2010, 04:02 AM
And that right there is one reason why the Phoenix Suns SHOULD NOT make a deal... Lakers have not been healthy all season long and if you want a BOLD PREDICTION If Memphis or Oklahoma City plays the Lakers in the First round, The Lakers aren't making it to the conference semi-finals.. Any Laker fan wanna bet me on that ..I'll gladly put a picture of Gasol's ugly mug on my signature or profile picture.. but only if they play Memphis or the Thunder..:clap:

This deserves a prize!

http://tinyurl.com/yd9ag26

heathonater
02-10-2010, 04:05 AM
the lakers would be no better than the 7th or 8th seed. they have a lot of good players, but kobe is the one player that brings the lakers together. they would have a big size advantage with starting odom, gasol ,and bynum if kobe wasn't there, but their backcourt would be pretty poor.

heathonater
02-10-2010, 04:11 AM
right now denver. melo and billups is da dangerous tandem to face. portland would probably not beat the lakers if healthy in the playoffs, but i would love to see an la and portland playoff series with all of portland's players healthy. the rose garden sure would make it as difficult as possible for the lakers to win in portland.

_KB24_
02-10-2010, 04:38 AM
western conf finals, same as where they will get with kobe.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

abe_froman
02-10-2010, 04:45 AM
yeah they'd be in certainly

JasonJohnHorn
02-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Its hard to choose. The Lakers are an amazing team and I think the favorites to win it all, but the playoffs aren't a cake walk and the title won't be handed to the Lakers.

The most obvious pick to upset the Lakers id Denver, since they played a great series against the Lakers last year. They win the point guard match up, and small forward match up, and I think they have a better bench, but the Lakers win the center spot, power forward and obviously shooting guard.

The Nuggest aren't the only team though, and since the Lakers managed to beat Denver last year (and Denver hasn't made many changes). So other team I think is most likely to upset the Lakers is the Spurs. I know the Lakers manhandled them the other night without two key players, but the Spurs have been in a funk and if they can get back on track and perhaps make a move for a defender in the post. The Spurs have Duncan and any time the Duncan is on the floor there is a chance to win.

Kobe2324
02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Denver is the only team in the west that can even be mentionned. I dont think they beat a healthy Lakers team in a series but they have done well and are the only challenge out west.

king4day
02-10-2010, 10:51 AM

Lakers could be missing Kobe the rest of the year and Phoenix still isn't catching them. In fact, when they played the Spurs the other night, you should have been rooting for them, to allow us better positioning. LA is out of reach to all teams but Denver.

And you're talking if they play Memphis, or the Thunder, AND both Kobe and Bynum being injured. In that case, they probably do lose or at least leave LA fans worried about the series and realistic that they won't get past the first round. So I doubt anyone would take that sig bet.

wileyisTOFU
02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
might wanna work on securing that playoff spot first...

oh yeah and rockets were the only team to push the lakers to 7 games last year

king4day
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Slightly different teams.
Just like for Suns fans, playing the Spurs isnt' the same as a few years ago.
The only players still there are Nash, Amar'e and Barbosa.

blazers21
02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I say nuggets
blazers if they were fully healthy

LanceUpperCut
02-10-2010, 11:08 AM
I know everyone thinks the Lakers are going to roll into the finals but the way Denver has been playing all year with a healthy Melo and Billups I think they can take the Lakers. I'd put a Canadian Toonie on that.

Sly Guy
02-10-2010, 11:16 AM
This is preposterous. They're banged up, not dying. This is just going to get Lakers fans all pissed off. Great move.

everyone's entitled to their opinion. In fact, sometimes I think the mods here are too quick on the 'close thread' trigger.

G-Funk
02-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Too bad, either you'll see us in the 2nd Round of West Finals because we aren't getting that 8th seed unless Steve Spurr sends Amare out

And I would LOVE to play you guys in the Playoffs again! There are no back-to-Backs in the Playoffs and we have something you guys don't... A BENCH!!

and Lakers have something you guys don't...Defense!!!

and Lakers have something you guys don't...Kobe!!!

and Lakers have something you guys don't...a Ring!!!

G-Funk
02-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I know everyone thinks the Lakers are going to roll into the finals but the way Denver has been playing all year with a healthy Melo and Billups I think they can take the Lakers. I'd put a Canadian Toonie on that.

i agree the Nuggets are the scariest team

kobebabe
02-10-2010, 11:31 AM
what about you try making it to the playoffs hommie and then we can talk abt how you will beat us:facepalm:

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 11:46 AM
and Lakers have something you guys don't...Defense!!!

and Lakers have something you guys don't...Kobe!!!

and Lakers have something you guys don't...a Ring!!! The suns have something the lakers don't have...Bragging rights.

We beat the lakers 2 years in a row and put them out of the playoffs. We were on the verge of putting the lakers back to rebuilding, especially with kobe wanting to leave. But jerry west played captian save a ho and helped the lakers.

Ps. You guys wouldn't have had a ring if jerry west didn't help out his old team.

Carey
02-10-2010, 11:52 AM

Check the shooting percentage and the stats before u blurt, he shoots 48 percent from the field and takes 20 shots a game. We arent overrated, we are a very good defensive team that is above average on the offensive end. I dont agree with the thread, we def. couldnt beat the Lakers but do a little more research first before you talk

Carey
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
As a Thunder fan, I agree that beating the Lakers in the first round is a really long shot. But on the other hand, I feel like you no nothing about this Thunder team or Kevin Durant. They are 6th in the West right now for the reason. And Durant takes 20 shots a game, shooting 48.5% from the field. Better than Melo, Kobe, D Wade and just about any other superstar other than Lebron

I just saw that you already addressed this, nice job! lol

#1Mavericksfan
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I only see the Nugges having a chance to take the Lakers out but don't sleep on the Jazz either because if the Jazz have homecourt there gonna be hard to beat.

G-Funk
02-10-2010, 12:04 PM
The suns have something the lakers don't have...Bragging rights.

We beat the lakers 2 years in a row and put them out of the playoffs. We were on the verge of putting the lakers back to rebuilding, especially with kobe wanting to leave. But jerry west played captian save a ho and helped the lakers.

Ps. You guys wouldn't have had a ring if jerry west didn't help out his old team.

bragging right? When did you become a Suns fan, 05?

1970 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-3, division semifinals
1980 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-1, conference semifinals
1982 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-0, conference semifinals
1984 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-2, conference finals
1985 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 3-0, first round
1989 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-0, conference finals
1990 -- Suns defeated LA Lakers, 4-1, conference semifinals
1993 -- Suns defeated LA Lakers, 3-2, first round
2000 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-1, conference semifinals
2006 -- Suns defeated LA Lakers, 4-3, first round
2007 -- Suns defeated LA Lakers, 4-1, first round

Ironman5219
02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
I hate the lakers just like everone else who isn't a laker fan, but lets get real Bryant is hurt and they are still beating good teams. Tonights game against Utah in Utah will say a lot. Lakers are the team to beat until someone proves it otherwise. If I was a Laker fan I would fear Denver more than the other teams.

G-Funk
02-10-2010, 12:11 PM
We would have a bunch post players and zero perimeter play.

igPay atinLay
02-10-2010, 12:11 PM
They would be able to make it for sure but not make it to far.

3RDASYSTEM
02-10-2010, 12:13 PM
NBA aint havin it..especially with BOS reeling lately...listen up everybody the NBA is a '''BIZ''' jus like MICROSOFT/WAL-MART etc...they will have it lined up every yr, do you guys on here actually think ''THE ROGUE'' ref(as STERN likes to say) was lying ala ''SUPERHEAD'' and ''CANSECO'' ...its the same...why do yall think KOBE get a pass for being/acting/playing like MJ...its a ''BIZ''...all u so called die hard ''FANS'' need to get like me and just like the players natural talent/ability/game and quit actin like yall put your heart into a team/organization lookin to cut dollars...and they BILLIONAIRES...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?!

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 12:17 PM
bragging right? When did you become a Suns fan, 05?

1970 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-3, division semifinals
1980 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-1, conference semifinals
1982 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-0, conference semifinals
1984 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-2, conference finals
1985 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 3-0, first round
1989 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-0, conference finals
1990 -- Suns defeated LA Lakers, 4-1, conference semifinals
1993 -- Suns defeated LA Lakers, 3-2, first round
2000 -- Suns lost to LA Lakers, 4-1, conference semifinals
2006 -- Suns defeated LA Lakers, 4-3, first round
2007 -- Suns defeated LA Lakers, 4-1, first round When did you become a laker fan in 1970. For most of you laker fans talking about how many rings do we have and what not. Most of you guys were probably not even born yet when they won those rings. To answer your question I became a suns fan when marbury was here, but I'm only 22 years old.

Gibby23
02-10-2010, 12:18 PM
The suns have something the lakers don't have...Bragging rights.

You can brag about beating the rebuilding Lakers all you want. The sad part is the Lakers went from winning titles, to rebuilding, and back to being the champs in a 5 year span where the Suns didn't even make it to the finals. Ill take that result over a series win and no rings to show for it.

G-Funk
02-10-2010, 12:20 PM
You can brag about beating the rebuilding Lakers all you want. The sad part is the Lakers went from winning titles, to rebuilding, and back to being the champs in a 5 year span where the Suns didn't even make it to the finals. Ill take that result over a series win and no rings to show for it.

owned

lakerboy
02-10-2010, 12:22 PM

This.

And yeah, as a Laker fan, the only threat to our team is Denver.

lakerboy
02-10-2010, 12:23 PM

This.

And yeah, as a Laker fan, the only threat to our team is Denver.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 12:34 PM
You can brag about beating the rebuilding Lakers all you want. The sad part is the Lakers went from winning titles, to rebuilding, and back to being the champs in a 5 year span where the Suns didn't even make it to the finals. Ill take that result over a series win and no rings to show for it. I'm sorry if danny ainge doesn't help us out by trading taylor griffen, and jason richardson for ray allen, and kevin garnett. We don't have connections like the lakers do. Mine as well combine the grizzlies, and the lakers and merge them as a team. Soon they will trade adam morrison for oj mayo, luke walton for rudy gay, and jordan farmar for zach randolph. You can brag all you want about the rings but you know if it wasn't for the original laker himself, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 12:37 PM
owned What the hell you talking about. Your a guy with a dwade,mj,and kobe sig. Your a confused man.

johnwayne
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM

durant= 20 shots per game.....48% fg..... 38% 3pt..... 88% ft...29.7 ppg

bryant= 22 shots per game.....46% fg..... 32% 3pt......81% ft...28.0 ppg

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Your mom's wide open.

JK...

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I agree that Denver has the best chance to knock off the Lakers.

Gibby23
02-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm sorry if danny ainge doesn't help us out by trading taylor griffen, and jason richardson for ray allen, and kevin garnett. We don't have connections like the lakers do. Mine as well combine the grizzlies, and the lakers and merge them as a team. Soon they will trade adam morrison for oj mayo, luke walton for rudy gay, and jordan farmar for zach randolph. You can brag all you want about the rings but you know if it wasn't for the original laker himself, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Yeah we would, the Lakers are not a regular franchise like the Suns. The owner isn't satisfied with just making the playoffs. It's not the Lakers fault that the Suns broke up the playoff team and couldn't get anything decent for Marion.

And why would Ainge help the Suns out? He is a Celtic and the Suns were a pitstop.

The sad part is the Lakers will get bad again and rebuild and win another title before the Suns even get to the finals.

Kobe2324
02-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow that's one hell of a prediction, I think if you take out Kobe they still win against those teams lol It's simple only denver has a chance and come playoff time I dont think Denver can beat them in a series..

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 12:42 PM
You can brag about beating the rebuilding Lakers all you want. The sad part is the Lakers went from winning titles, to rebuilding, and back to being the champs in a 5 year span where the Suns didn't even make it to the finals. Ill take that result over a series win and no rings to show for it. Saying this is like ****ing a girl with a dildo talking about I owned that *****. No it wasn't you, it was the thing that helped you(jerry west=dildo)

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Saying this is like ****ing a girl with a dildo talking about I owned that *****. No it wasn't you, it was the thing that helped you(jerry west=dildo)

The only thing is you didn't have to like it so much.

Gibby23
02-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Saying this is like ****ing a girl with a dildo talking about I owned that *****. No it wasn't you, it was the thing that helped you(jerry west=dildo)

Looks who is all upset because I made a true statement. It's not my fault the Suns are not that good and wasted the few good years they had.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 12:47 PM
The only thing is you didn't have to like it so much. and you supposed to be from the marines. Yeah right.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 12:50 PM
and you supposed to be from the marines. Yeah right.

Damn, now I have to prove my Marine Corp experience to you if only I had something to back it up with.

It was just a joke why you so serious your the one that used the dildo reference thought you might like that one.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Looks who is all upset because I made a true statement. It's not my fault the Suns are not that good and wasted the few good years they had. I don't care its just basketball. All I'm saying is quit pointing out that you are the best team, without pointing out what got you there. And that's jerry west the dildo

Hawkeye15
02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
no slight to Memphis or OKC fans here. But does anyone really think a virgin playoff team is taking out the chiseled, playoff worn, champion Lakers???? I dont care if they are limping around some. The Lakers will sweep either of these teams. OKC is a year or two away from bothering a Laker squad, and the Grizzlies need to show consistency in the front office before anyone even mentions them

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Damn, now I have to prove my Marine Corp experience to you if only I had something to back it up with.

It was just a joke why you so serious your the one that used the dildo reference thought you might like that one. I thought marines are supposed to have more respect than that. First the mom joke, than that other joke. Why do you guys think I'm serouis I don't care. I'm just laughing on the other side of my monitor.

Gibby23
02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't care its just basketball. All I'm saying is quit pointing out that you are the best team, without pointing out what got you there. And that's jerry west the dildo

Now you don't care, but 10 minutes ago you were so proud of bragging rights from 3 or 4 years ago. The fact is, the Suns fans have nothing to brag about unless it is coming up short in the playoffs and wasting 2 or 3 years of a good team.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I thought marines are supposed to have more respect than that. First the mom joke, than that other joke. Why do you guys think I'm serouis I don't care. I'm just laughing on the other side of my monitor.

Haha now you are funnier than me Marines having respect that's a good one. Marines are crude obnoxious womanizing bast@ards and that's just me. Marines have respect for the flag and for what they do and not much else (of course I'm generallizing).

And yes I've been joking around in here while saying so but you are still offended maybe you should consider a career in the Navy.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:04 PM
If you don't care why don't you joke back instead of being so serious????

meloman1592
02-10-2010, 01:05 PM
i think denver is better than LA truthfully

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:06 PM

With a name like meloman you should or else you would look pretty silly.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:11 PM

With the two regular season wins I would say it's 50/50 because they were regular season games. I don't think that Denver is better but I do think that they are hungier than the Lakers are right now and that may be the difference in the playoffs.

Also, the defense that you guys played in the first matchup is the key to going to the finals. I think the question you have to ask yourself is do you think that your boys will play that way in the finals or will they resort back to their old habits. Oh ya and do you feel lucky, punk.

L@ker4Life
02-10-2010, 01:13 PM

Dude that is one of the lamest things I've ever read on here. So you're saying that anyone that gets a team to the championship is a dildo? So basically what you're saying is you wish Ainge, Barkely, Nash, D'antoni, etc... were all dildos? You are a sick sick man.

Lakers are gonna be just fine come playoff time. PJ hasn't even started coaching yet this season. Wait until about 20 games left in the season when we go like 18-2 for our momentum push into the playoffs.

The only team in the West that stands a chance in the playoffs against the Lakers is Denver and I don't think there is any way in hell they win a series against us....not only because of talent but because ......

PJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Karl

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Dude that is one of the lamest things I've ever read on here. So you're saying that anyone that gets a team to the championship is a dildo? So basically what you're saying is you wish Ainge, Barkely, Nash, D'antoni, etc... were all dildos? You are a sick sick man.

Lakers are gonna be just fine come playoff time. PJ hasn't even started coaching yet this season. Wait until about 20 games left in the season when we go like 18-2 for our momentum push into the playoffs.

The only team in the West that stands a chance in the playoffs against the Lakers is Denver and I don't think there is any way in hell they win a series against us....not only because of talent but because ......

PJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Karl

No, actually I think what he is saying is that he like dildo's or just to reference them alot. I don't know I'm just saying.

ManRam
02-10-2010, 01:17 PM
This thread makes my head hurt.

Good work guys! :facepalm:

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:18 PM
This thread makes my head hurt.

Good work guys! :facepalm:

lol

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Someone pass the bourbon man I wish I was in New Orleans right now.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Now you don't care, but 10 minutes ago you were so proud of bragging rights from 3 or 4 years ago. The fact is, the Suns fans have nothing to brag about unless it is coming up short in the playoffs and wasting 2 or 3 years of a good team. I just like arguing with laker fans, or other fans in general.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Hobble, hobble.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:22 PM
At least you got a nice sig that's at least one good quality about you.

showtym24
02-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I'll do the bet but your gonna have to wear whatever pic i pick.

Gibby23
02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
I just like arguing with laker fans, or other fans in general.

No use in arguing over failed title attempts 4 years ago.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
I'll do the bet but your gonna have to wear whatever pic i pick.

Sorry, he only likes lingerie.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:26 PM
No use in arguing over failed title attempts 4 years ago.

Come on man can't you just let him have his four years ago in peace.

showtym24
02-10-2010, 01:26 PM
You should be more worried about the suns catching that 8th seed than making stupid outlandish statements.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
You should be more worried about the suns catching that 8th seed than making stupid outlandish statements.

Damn it everyone has a right to making stupid outlandish ridiculously foolish statements so leave him alone.

That's alright Phoenixson I got your back.

GOON MUSIC
02-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Regular season means nothing in the playoffs.. I hate the lakers but Im also a realistic fan. There's 82 games and were not even to half way yet.. Relax folks.

good job guy

were well pass the half way mark, what team are you a fan of where you dont know their record

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:34 PM
good job guy

were well pass the half way mark, what team are you a fan of where you dont know their record

He's a Knicks fan.

Storch
02-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Deal. Lets do a sig bet, son. Lakers beat whoever they play first round.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Deal. Lets do a sig bet, son. Lakers beat whoever they play first round.

Ok if he loses he has to put in his sig that he is a suns fan I don't know what else could be more humiliating.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 01:45 PM

PJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Karl You can tell this guy is a idiot. If you read it right. I'm talking about a guy that thinks he is pleasuring his woman(which is the lakers)the dildo is reference to jerry west(which he is the gm of the grizzlies) was that so hard to understand, or do I need to speak in ****** for you to understand. Also I was trying to mention how USMClaker girlfriend loves to wear a strap on, and smash his beans.

fresh prince
I'm sorry if danny ainge doesn't help us out by trading taylor griffen, and jason richardson for ray allen, and kevin garnett. We don't have connections like the lakers do. Mine as well combine the grizzlies, and the lakers and merge them as a team. Soon they will trade adam morrison for oj mayo, luke walton for rudy gay, and jordan farmar for zach randolph. You can brag all you want about the rings but you know if it wasn't for the original laker himself, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

This logic always cracks me up.

Everything in the universe is the result of cause and effect. You wouldnt be posting stupid **** on this forum if you werent born. The Showtime Lakers wouldnt have won 5 titles if they didnt draft Magic or Worthy. The 90's Bulls dont 3 peat if they dont acquire Pip and Horace Grant. The Celts don't win in 2008 if they didnt getting Garnett and Allen.

Tiger Woods would still be slaying kids on the course if he didn't get caught cheating. But there are no IFS all these things actually happened!

Everything can be given an IF. How bout we just live in reality?

USMCLaker
I love the irony of this thread on how the thought that the Grizzles could oust the Lakers in the playoffs and yet they were completely hosed in the fairly recent Gasol trade. Wow they really bounced back fast and are now posed to eliminate the Lakers in the playoffs maybe we should undo that trade by the deadline.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:47 PM
You can tell this guy is a idiot. If you read it right. I'm talking about a guy that thinks he is pleasuring his woman(which is the lakers)the dildo is reference to jerry west(which he is the gm of the grizzlies) was that so hard to understand, or do I need to speak in ****** for you to understand. Also I was trying to mention how USMClaker girlfriend loves to wear a strap on, and smash hi beans.

Hey I resent that my beans don't get smashed because I tuck them up nice and high, little you know.

kdman77
02-10-2010, 01:51 PM
There are no back-to-Backs in the Playoffs and we have something you guys don't... A BENCH!!

They probably would have a better bench with Luol Deng and Rajon Rondo. Talk all you want about the Memphis trade. As a fan I'd much rather have a superstar who's hungry and angry to win and a franchise who would do everything to win a championship rather than a franchise who sells its future for money. As for Memphis or OKC beating the Lakers in the first round, Maybe it happens, maybe not, but it's easy getting good young players (Durant, Mayo) when you pick in the top 5 for years. The lakers HAD to make trades, they had a fanbase and an ownership what would not allow them to be bad enough to be a lottery team.

And now, Kobe sits for a few games, after 200-something consecutive starts and suddenly the NBA champions, the first team in the West, gets beat in the first round, a few months from now?

I understand trying to rile people up, but at least put some convincing arguments behind you.

Jahari Kavi
02-10-2010, 01:52 PM
am I the only one convinced that the lakers could get upset by one of the lower seeds??? I mean they did let my banged up rockets take them to 7 last year........

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey I resent that my beans don't get smashed because I tuck them up nice and high, little you know. Hahaha that's funny. What are you 70 years old with old wrinkly balls. Maybe its were you tuck them is the problem.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 01:54 PM
They probably would have a better bench with Luol Deng and Rajon Rondo. Talk all you want about the Memphis trade. As a fan I'd much rather have a superstar who's hungry and angry to win and a franchise who would do everything to win a championship rather than a franchise who sells its future for money. As for Memphis or OKC beating the Lakers in the first round, Maybe it happens, maybe not, but it's easy getting good young players (Durant, Mayo) when you pick in the top 5 for years. The lakers HAD to make trades, they had a fanbase and an ownership what would not allow them to be bad enough to be a lottery team.

And now, Kobe sits for a few games, after 200-something consecutive starts and suddenly the NBA champions, the first team in the West, gets beat in the first round, a few months from now?

I understand trying to rile people up, but at least put some convincing arguments behind you.

Now come on man give the kid a break you have to have reason and sense to make a convincing argument now don't you think he would have done that if he some? Be fair to him.

Don't worry buddy I got your back.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I love the irony of this thread on how the thought that the Grizzles could oust the Lakers in the playoffs and yet they were completely hosed in the fairly recent Gasol trade. Wow they really bounced back fast and are now posed to eliminate the Lakers in the playoffs maybe we should undo that trade by the deadline. The grizzlies helped out the lakers way more than the lakers helped out the grizzlies. Without the gasol trade, there is no kobe, without kobe there is no championship. Lakers were real close to rebuilding. Regardless if it helped out the grizzlies, it helped out the lakers more. Right now you would probably be looking at a lineup of
Pg.Farmar
Sg.Deng
Sf.Odom
Pf.Kwame
C.Bynum

That's if he was traded to chicago

JabberJaw
02-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Whether you are a hater or a homer, this thread is hilarious. The fact that he stated that the "lakers have been banged up all year", yet he forgot to mention that they have the best record in the West. Just hope they don't finish the season healthy, or you might have that pic of "Pau's ugly mug" on your sig. haahah!
I must say though, that the Thunder and Grizzlies are on the verge of being scary teams. Durant is a beast! And having guys like Westbrook, Green and Harden to grow up with will only mean growing success in years to come.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 02:02 PM
The grizzlies helped out the lakers way more than the lakers helped out the grizzlies. Without the gasol trade, there is no kobe, without kobe there is no championship. Lakers were real close to rebuilding. Regardless if it helped out the grizzlies, it helped out the lakers more. Right now you would probably be looking at a lineup of
Pg.Farmar
Sg.Deng
Sf.Odom
Pf.Kwame
C.Bynum

That's if he was traded to chicago

Damn it stop trying to make sense it doesn't suit you...

...it's like Marv or whatever that guys name is that wears those funky suits in the NBA when conducting interviews.

kdman77
02-10-2010, 02:04 PM
The grizzlies helped out the lakers way more than the lakers helped out the grizzlies. Without the gasol trade, there is no kobe, without kobe there is no championship.

Can't disagree with that. Can't say that trade was not one-sided. But if I recall correctly, Gasol asked to be traded and in that situation, teams rarely get value for their trades. Was the VC to NJ trade fair? TO got ripped in their trade with NJ, because of that the Nets were a bad**s team for a while with Kidd, VC and RJ. Don't hear you complain about that. When a player publicly goes to the press asking for a trade, his team is usually screwed.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Damn it stop trying to make sense it doesn't suit you...

...it's like Marv or whatever that guys name is that wears those funky suits in the NBA when conducting interviews. Why you getting mad. Does it hurt for me to say that kobe would've been playing for the knicks,bulls, or th SUNS.

iggypop123
02-10-2010, 02:06 PM
good points. they were banged up all year. they might have had their full compliment of players only for about a week

fresh prince
02-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Why you getting mad. Does it hurt for me to say that kobe would've been playing for the knicks,bulls, or th SUNS.

Stop with the IFS and fantasies dude

Gibby23
02-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Why you getting mad. Does it hurt for me to say that kobe would've been playing for the knicks,bulls, or th SUNS.

He could have been, but he isn't. Now the suns are a 7 or 8 seed and about a year away from being bottom feeders in the west.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM

Actually, not at all. If Kobe whould have forced a trade my allegiations is to my squad and he would have just become public enemy number one but since that didn't happen, glad to have the best player on the planet on our squad, the black mamba.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Can't disagree with that. Can't say that trade was not one-sided. But if I recall correctly, Gasol asked to be traded and in that situation, teams rarely get value for their trades. Was the VC to NJ trade fair? TO got ripped in their trade with NJ, because of that the Nets were a bad**s team for a while with Kidd, VC and RJ. Don't hear you complain about that. When a player publicly goes to the press asking for a trade, his team is usually screwed. The grizzlies been in the lottery since the trade. I guess you can say it wasn't one sided. There was plenty of trades out there that was better than the lakers. Shawn marion for instance. Did you think marc gasol would be playing well. I don't think so.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Stop with the IFS and fantasies dude You don't know about my fantasies cuz it starts off with your girlfriend, and ends with a with your girlfriend.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Well, gots to go. Good luck with that Grizzly/Laker argument your going to need it. Although, you might have better chance arguing the Nets moving up to the 8th seed and taking down the Cavs.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
You don't know about my fantasies cuz it starts off with your girlfriend, and ends with a with your girlfriend.

Wow thats disgusting because his girlfriend is your mom so you fantasize about your mom, gross dude even for me.

kdman77
02-10-2010, 02:26 PM
The grizzlies been in the lottery since the trade. I guess you can say it wasn't one sided. There was plenty of trades out there that was better than the lakers. Shawn marion for instance. Did you think marc gasol would be playing well. I don't think so.

Ok you just went there. Shawn Marion??? Really? The Lakers gave young players to a rebuilding team. Do you honestly think they would have been better off with him?

I'm kinda ticked off now, I thought you actually knew a little bit about what you were talking about. You're a Suns fan, you should know why they tried so desperately to unload him; don't fool yourself the Shaq trade was not JUST to get the big Diesel. Let's recap how Marion has been doing since he got traded, failed miserably in MIA, failed miserably in TO, and now riding coat tail to Dirk and Kidd. That was a better deal then Marc Gasol???

I thought you were just an NBA fan expressing his opinion but with that last Marion comment, it was clear you're just a frustrated homer fan whining about how the Lakers screwed the Grizzlies while your own team couldn't screw them first.

And to finish, yes they were a lottery team after trading Pau, but I'm pretty sure that was their plan the minute they had to trade him. Was he a big cry baby for asking to be traded? Yes, but he's barely the only one.

fresh prince
02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
You don't know about my fantasies cuz it starts off with your girlfriend, and ends with a with your girlfriend.

:laugh: What!?

She is hot tho.. So cant blame you

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 02:31 PM
laugh: What!?

No worries man, he was just saying how he fantasizes about his mom, your girlfriend.

By the way can you send her home to make him some breakfast by the sense of his posts he seems to be delirious from hunger.

Gibby23
02-10-2010, 02:36 PM
The grizzlies been in the lottery since the trade. I guess you can say it wasn't one sided. There was plenty of trades out there that was better than the lakers. Shawn marion for instance. Did you think marc gasol would be playing well. I don't think so.

Why would they want Marion, he was washed up ever since the trade and he had an extra year on his contract at like 14 million. That is about what Gasol was making and they wanted to shed salaries (Kwame's contract), get young players (Critt and Marc Gasol), and get draft picks. Only team Marion had any kind of value was the suns, outside of that setting he is a pretty average player.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Ok you just went there. Shawn Marion??? Really? The Lakers gave young players to a rebuilding team. Do you honestly think they would have been better off with him?

I'm kinda ticked off now, I thought you actually knew a little bit about what you were talking about. You're a Suns fan, you should know why they tried so desperately to unload him; don't fool yourself the Shaq trade was not JUST to get the big Diesel. Let's recap how Marion has been doing since he got traded, failed miserably in MIA, failed miserably in TO, and now riding coat tail to Dirk and Kidd. That was a better deal then Marc Gasol???

I thought you were just an NBA fan expressing his opinion but with that last Marion comment, it was clear you're just a frustrated homer fan whining about how the Lakers screwed the Grizzlies while your own team couldn't screw first.

And to finish, yes they were a lottery team after trading Pau, but I'm pretty sure that was their plan the minute they had to trade him. Was he a big cry baby for asking to be traded? Yes, but he's barely the only one. Shawn marion was putting up 20+ points 10+ rebounds I don't know what you are talking about. We are talking about before the trade not after. Lets just say shawn goes to the grizzlies, I'm pretty sure he opts out, and guess what, they could've signed josh smith for rebuilding. Marc gasol<<<josh smith. We could've also gave them a 1st pick. But whatever I guess I don't know anything.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Shawn marion was putting up 20+ points 10+ rebounds I don't know what you are talking about. We are talking about before the trade not after. Lets just say shawn goes to the grizzlies, I'm pretty sure he opts out, and guess what, they could've signed josh smith for rebuilding. Marc gasol<<<josh smith. We could've also gave them a 1st pick. But whatever I guess I don't know anything.

That could be the Suns new team motto:

The "coulda, woulda, shoulda franchise" were 8th seeds happen.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 02:42 PM
No worries man, he was just saying how he fantasizes about his mom, your girlfriend.

By the way can you send her home to make him some breakfast by the sense of his posts he seems to be delirious from hunger. That's pretty sad. My mom passed away on Nov.5, 2005. Even though you are joking.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
:laugh: What!?

She is hot tho.. So cant blame you Is she. I just seen the back of her head.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 02:50 PM
That's pretty sad. My mom passed away on Nov.5, 2005. Even though you are joking.

You shouldn't joke about your mom dying, that's just wrong.

B.G.B
02-10-2010, 02:52 PM

It had to come from a Phoenix Suns fan.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 02:52 PM
You shouldn't joke about your mom dying, that's just wrong. I will show you in my sig.

PHX2daDEATH
02-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Well, gots to go. Good luck with that Grizzly/Laker argument your going to need it. Although, you might have better chance arguing the Nets moving up to the 8th seed and taking down the Cavs.

Lets not bring the Cavs into this, remember they had Mamba sitting on the bench pouting after they beatdown 'showtime' TWICE this year

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Lets not bring the Cavs into this, remember they had Mamba sitting on the bench pouting after they beatdown 'showtime' TWICE this year

Haha, now baby shut up and go get me a beer.

SilverHaze
02-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Rather face an inexperienced team like the thunder or the grizz instead of someone like the jazz again. Their great up and coming teams but in the playoffs the lakers veteran experience would get the job done against those 2 easier then teams that have been there before

kdman77
02-10-2010, 02:57 PM
But whatever I guess I don't know anything.
Finally some sense. 20+, 10+??? He scored 20+ 2 times in 12 years and recorded 10+ rebounds 4 times, I guess that's why you don't know what I'm talking about. And that's while playing with a high offence no defense team. You said he was still a great player but then go to say he would have opted out so Memphis would get cap, make up your mind. Basically they would have traded Pau for cap relief? So it should have been Marc Gasol >>> air because cap space doesn't mean FA. When was the last time a big time FA signed with the Griz?

To sum up, it's Kwame's expiring, Marc Gasol, Javaris Crittenton (traded for a conditional first round to the Wizards), and 2 first round versus Marion and MAYBE some picks. For a rebuilding team, the choice is obvious, maybe not to you.

Again, I'm not saying the Lakers did not screw the Griz, I'm just saying you're full of it with your Marion trade.

Oh BTW, Marion did not opt out, even playing for a very bad Heat team, guess he's in it more for the money than a chance to win. Like the Suns management (had to take a parting shot).

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I will show you in my sig.

All this shows me is an ugly dude with a pretty lady on his arm.

If that is your mom than I'm sure she was a good woman probably her only mistake was raising you a phoenix suns fan.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 03:02 PM
All this shows me is an ugly dude with a pretty lady on his arm. Don't try to dodge it you know you ****ed up.

SilverHaze
02-10-2010, 03:03 PM

suns fans are just jealous of the lakers management you can whine and complain all you want but its not the laker fans fault that our team wants to win and our owner does whatever it takes to get the right people in the right place to win championships.

HEY YO LETS GO GET SHAQ AND WIN SOME RINGSSSSSSSSSSS lmao suns

kdman77
02-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Don't try to dodge it you know you ****ed up.

I'm pretty sure he feels bad about it. But that's what happens when you start talking about other people's girlfriend, someone is gonna end up in the crossfire.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Don't try to dodge it you know you ****ed up.

That's debatable!!

Had I known your mom passed away before I made the comment than yes I would say I ****ed up but considering that you imparted that intel after the said comment was made I would have to say that it was an unfortune statement. By the way your sister is doing alright, isn't she?

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Finally some sense. 20+, 10+??? He scored 20+ 2 times in 12 years and recorded 10+ rebounds 4 times, I guess that's why you don't know what I'm talking about. And that's while playing with a high offence no defense team. You said he was still a great player but then go to say he would have opted out so Memphis would get cap, make up your mind. Basically they would have traded Pau for cap relief? So it should have been Marc Gasol >>> air because cap space doesn't mean FA. When was the last time a big time FA signed with the Griz?

To sum up, it's Kwame's expiring, Marc Gasol, Javaris Crittenton (traded for a conditional first round to the Wizards), and 2 first round versus Marion and MAYBE some picks. For a rebuilding team, the choice is obvious, maybe not to you.

Again, I'm not saying the Lakers did not screw the Griz, I'm just saying you're full of it with your Marion trade.

Oh BTW, Marion did not opt out, even playing for a very bad Heat team, guess he's in it more for the money than a chance to win. Like the Suns management (had to take a parting shot).Just like marion said he would opt out in boston, he would do the same with memphis. Its the location where he was at. Hell yeah give me 14 million and a chance to play in miami, I might not want to leave. Marion would've opted out, and they could've had a chance to sign josh smith, with atlanta only paying him 10 million a year. But yeah its could've, should've but all I know they could've got a better deal than the lakers, even though it doesn't involve the suns.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm pretty sure he feels bad about it. But that's what happens when you start talking about other people's girlfriend, someone is gonna end up in the crossfire.Regardless you don't talk about anyones mom. That's why I mentioned girlfriend.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Regardless you don't talk about anyones mom. That's why I mentioned girlfriend.

I didn't get the memo how about homosexual boyfriends is yours I mean are they off limit.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
suns fans are just jealous of the lakers management you can whine and complain all you want but its not the laker fans fault that our team wants to win and our owner does whatever it takes to get the right people in the right place to win championships.

HEY YO LETS GO GET SHAQ AND WIN SOME RINGSSSSSSSSSSS lmao suns Damn what the hell, Lakers fans just keep popping up. Its like you argue with one then two more show up. I better stop now or else there is going to be laker fans everywhere.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Damn what the hell, Lakers fans just keep popping up. Its like you argue with one then two more show up. I better stop now or else there is going to be laker fans everywhere.

Come on you know that you are really a laker fan in disguise.

SilverHaze
02-10-2010, 03:20 PM
I didn't get the memo how about homosexual boyfriends is yours I mean are they off limit.

Cmon jeeves theres talking trash on each others teams and then theres just being a little immature fruitcake and its a fine line for you as of now

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I didn't get the memo how about homosexual boyfriends is yours I mean are they off limit. Nope only tranvestite girlfriends like yours. Did you tell her/him that regardless if she tucks it in, it still counts as a penuis

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Cmon jeeves theres talking trash on each others teams and then theres just being a little immature fruitcake and its a fine line for you as of now

Speak to only when you've been spoken to son.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Nope only tranvestite girlfriends like yours. Did you tell her/him that regardless if she tucks it in, it still counts as a penuis

Hahaha no I'll let her know right now.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Cmon jeeves theres talking trash on each others teams and then theres just being a little immature fruitcake and its a fine line for you as of nowLooks like someone is a homo.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Looks like someone is a homo.

It's been fun but I really got to go, sorry about your mom may she rest in peace.

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 03:30 PM
It's been fun but I really got to go, sorry about your man may she rest in peace. Cool cool, next time we will meet again.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
^Sorry, typo meant sorry about your mom may she rest in peace.

USMCLaker
02-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Cool cool, next time we will meet again.

Cool, later fellow Laker fan.

CowboysKB24
02-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Count me in.

I bet you the Lakers win the Western Conference and make it to the conference finals. Anything you want to bet in reason.

ManRam
02-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Why hasn't this thread been euthanized yet?

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Cool, later fellow Laker fan. Don't insult me

Showmeyourtds
02-10-2010, 03:44 PM
USMC and phoenix that was some funny **** thanks for keeping me entertained for 5 minutes.

SilverHaze
02-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Don't insult me

dont worry bro wanna borrow j wests dildo for a night or two?
might make you feel better bout being a suns fan

SilverHaze
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
USMC and phoenix that was some funny **** thanks for keeping me entertained for 5 minutes.

Lmao thats what makes PSD so great, threads like these got me right through class and i didnt even know it

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
USMC and phoenix that was some funny **** thanks for keeping me entertained for 5 minutes. Your welcome. Its just for ***** and giggles. Kind of a definition when USMClaker girlfriends sees him naked. It all fun and games until the mods shut it down.

Showmeyourtds
Lmao thats what makes PSD so great, threads like these got me right through class and i didnt even know it

I totally agree lol. And its even better when someone actually has a good comeback and I tell you what as much as phoenix hates USMC right now he is ****ing hillarious. That was some creative material.

DCB/LAL

Wow id say thats pretty scary then. If their fighting for the TOP SEED in the NBA and they haven't played too many healthy games id say thats prettty scary. wouldn't you?

Showmeyourtds
02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Your welcome. Its just for ***** and giggles. Kind of a definition when USMClaker girlfriends sees him naked. It all fun and games until the mods shut it down.

You guys can keep it coming all day its very entertaining. Much more entertaining than the topic of the thread when the season is no where near over.

C-Van
02-10-2010, 03:58 PM
My prediction is that somehow the Lakers lose the Nets in 4 games in the first round...

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Wow id say thats pretty scary then. If their fighting for the TOP SEED in the NBA and they haven't played too many healthy games id say thats prettty scary. wouldn't you? This is off topic. :no:

thephoenixson28
02-10-2010, 04:08 PM
dont worry bro wanna borrow j wests dildo for a night or two?
might make you feel better bout being a suns fan I'm not the homo. So how was that movie broke back mountain, did he really break his back.

tredigs
02-10-2010, 04:37 PM
As to the thread focus? This year... No. Grizz and Thunder probably wouldn't beat the Lakers. Neither team has even made the playoffs yet for one, and neither team is guaranteed to get in, for two. Grizz are what, the 11th seed right now?

Next year I see them both as playoff bound teams, and barring that the Lakers buy another superstar for their team, they would both be a very tough matchup for anyone including the Lakers, and will both be top 6 seeds.
Durant will be starting in on the apex of his 7 or 8 year Superstar peak, officially eclipsing Kobe (he's obviously a top 5 producer already, but he'll be a lot more honed next year), and they will be extremely tough to beat.

Slumberking
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Cracks me up to see how insecure Lakers fans are the instance someone questions their team.

Guys, your team are the defending champs, why you got to try and argue? your team does the talking for you so shut up. Let something go once in a while.

PHX28 brought up some good points about west handing them another dominant team, and every lakers fan and there brother comes out of the woodwork to defend the lakers. Makes you guys look like you know its true that west single handedly gave you back a team. (which the rest of the country has known for 2 years now).

Grow up and enjoy your (hand-fed by west) dominant squad.

DCB/LAL
02-10-2010, 04:52 PM
This is off topic. :no:

I think your being sarcastic. :shrug:

Atleast I hope so. After all this thread has to do with Lakers being hobbled and how "wide open the West is" so hope your kidding.

DCB/LAL
02-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Cracks me up to see how insecure Lakers fans are the instance someone questions their team.

Guys, your team are the defending champs, why you got to try and argue? your team does the talking for you so shut up. Let something go once in a while.

PHX28 brought up some good points about west handing them another dominant team, and every lakers fan and there brother comes out of the woodwork to defend the lakers. Makes you guys look like you know its true that west single handedly gave you back a team. (which the rest of the country has known for 2 years now).

Grow up and enjoy your (hand-fed by west) dominant squad.

Who cares what West gave them? Boston got KG from Mchale I dont see anyone bit**in about that.

If someone wants to cry about the Lakers getting Gasol i say go for it.....It doesn't change that he's a Laker and that the Lakers are the Defending NBA champions so go ahead cry about it...I enjoy all the bit**in and moaning.

CTown81
02-10-2010, 04:58 PM
This thread is pointless.

It doesnt matter who wins the west.

Cavs are winning the whole thing. Cant touch em this year folks. Signed, sealed, and delivered.

Bron's 1st title followed by a 3 yr ext in Cleveland.

DCB/LAL
02-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Cavs are winning the whole thing. Cant touch em this year folks. Signed, sealed, and delivered.

HAHA :laugh: :laugh2:

I heard that exact same thing LAST YEAR and they didn't even make the FINALS!!

:laugh: :laugh2:

Thats funny! :clap:

CTown81
02-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Ill be the one laughing it up THIS year come June.

I never said anything last year so "They" do not apply to me.

Last year the Cavs were horrible against the elite.

This year they have been money.

They have the length and depth to put away anyone in a 7 game series.

younggunn113
02-10-2010, 05:05 PM

I thought they were suppose to win the whole thing last year too? The Lakers are too soft to win the title, this that and the other. I don't care what happens in January or February, its the regular season the Lakers are going to finish as the top seed in the west and outside of the nuggets I dont see any potential problems. The Cavs have to get past the Hawks, Celtics, and Magic; all of which are capable of playing them tough. They have the same team, they still cant guard 4's who can shoot. More like Kobe's 5th ring and LeBronze bolting for NY to play in a real city...

DCB/LAL
02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I think Cavs fans forget that to actually play the Lakers in the Playoffs you HAVE to make the Finals they seem to forget they lost to Orlando.

CTown81
02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
@younggunn113

hahaha. Cavs are the same team. Riiiiight. Have you watched a Cavs game this year son? Cant defend a 4 who can shoot? Stop watching tape of 08-09.

09-10 is the year of the King sir.

MSG will still be superstarless next year.
Lakers will fall to the Cavs in the finals if they even make it that far.

CTown81
02-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Stop living in last season LAL.

How did that Xmas day loss taste. You still got your foam finger?

How did that loss in CTown a few weeks ago taste? Get used to it. If you make it the finals you will taste it 4 more times.

Slumberking
02-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Who cares what West gave them? Boston got KG from Mchale I dont see anyone bit**in about that.

If someone wants to cry about the Lakers getting Gasol i say go for it.....It doesn't change that he's a Laker and that the Lakers are the Defending NBA champions so go ahead cry about it...I enjoy all the bit**in and moaning.

At the time this appeared to be a steal for Boston

I didnt like that trade at the time either, i thought Minn was robbed. and i submit that for sure it gave Boston their title. but lets be honest. Al Jefferson is actually VERY good when healthy, Kwame brown is a POS. While what McHale did gave Boston a title that year, it arguably hurt the celtics in the long run. McHale got an amazing young center back that Minn can build around (If Boston had Al instead of KG right now they would be substantially better!). West handed Gasol to the Lakers for nothing.

Im not crying. just stating facts with dry eyes. West doesnt hand LA gasol, and Kobe likely isnt even playing for the lakers right now.

DCB/LAL
02-10-2010, 05:11 PM
@younggunn113

hahaha. Cavs are the same team. Riiiiight. Have you watched a Cavs game this year son? Cant defend a 4 who can shoot? Stop watching tape of 08-09.

09-10 is the year of the King sir.

MSG will still be superstarless next year.
Lakers will fall to the Cavs in the finals if they even make it that far.

How did that loss in CTown a few weeks ago taste? Get used to it. If you make it the finals you will taste it 4 more times.

HAHA :laugh: :laugh2:

DCB/LAL
02-10-2010, 05:13 PM
At the time this appeared to be a steal for Boston

I didnt like that trade at the time either, i thought Minn was robbed. and i submit that for sure it gave Boston their title. but lets be honest. Al Jefferson is actually VERY good when healthy, Kwame brown is a POS. While what McHale did gave Boston a title that year, it arguably hurt the celtics in the long run. McHale got an amazing young center back that Minn can build around (If Boston had Al instead of KG right now they would be substantially better!). West handed Gasol to the Lakers for nothing.

Im not crying. just stating facts with dry eyes. West doesnt hand LA gasol, and Kobe likely isnt even playing for the lakers right now.

YES Al Jefferson is pretty good and like you said at the Time Boston got a steal because nobody knew how good Jefferson was..HMM remind you of something?

Marc Gasol isn't too bad himself kinda like Jefferson woudn't you say?

kobelaughsatall
02-10-2010, 05:13 PM

CAVS fans are so funny they get this excited over REGULAR season wins, but choke in the playoffs. Hey I wonder did you guys actually hang banners for your 2 regular season wins against us yet

CTown81
02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
@kobelaughsatall

Ya we did. We made em out of those foam fingers your cry baby fans threw on the court on xmas day. Looks nice up there.

At least the Forum fans were awake on Xmas day. Normally you can hear a pin drop in that place.

Statik1
02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/troll_thread.jpg

kobelaughsatall
02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
@kobelaughsatall

Ya we did. We made em out of those foam fingers your cry baby fans threw on the court on xmas day. Looks nice up there.

At least the Forum fans were awake on Xmas day. Normally you can hear a pin drop in that place.

lol your a fool, but its gonna be even funnier come june when you lose. assuming you can even make it to the finals this year because we all know what happened last year...

magichatnumber9
02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
As much as the country hates the Celtics, I'm confident they hate the Lakers more.

Slumberking
02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
YES Al Jefferson is pretty good and like you said at the Time Boston got a steal because nobody knew how good Jefferson was..HMM remind you of something?

Marc Gasol isn't too bad himself kinda like Jefferson woudn't you say?

I agree that Marc has been better than expected. but my point is that if Jefferson was now with Boston instead of KG, they would undoubtedly be better.

Can you say the same about Marc making the Lakers better today than Pau does? That is a huge reach IMO. Even Lakers fans have to admit that Al is far superior to Marc.

As far as Pau and KG, i think it is clear that while KG was a far superior player in his prime, at the times they were traded, Pau had much more to offer (statistically and over time) than Kg had to offer Boston. Pau has a couple good years (29 YO) left while KG (33 YO) is obviously over the hill.

Sorry bro, but while i see where you are going with this, Pau> KG, and Al Jefferson>>>>M. Gasol. If you want to lie to yourself and convince yourself otherwise....be my guest. Keep trying to justify the fact that you were handed a great team by someone (west) who had alternative motives to help his old team.

My eyes are still dry as the Sahara

alencp3
02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Durant cant play alone.Westbrook is good but not great. Memphis may not make the playoffs they are playing bad lately.Only teams i can see beating lakers in the playoffs are Utah and especially Nuggets. But whoever makes the finals has no chance against Cavs.This is Bron year.Book it.

Statik1
02-10-2010, 05:34 PM
As much as the country hates the Celtics, I'm confident they hate the Lakers more.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

Gibby23
02-10-2010, 05:34 PM
[/B]

I agree that Marc has been better than expected. but my point is that if Jefferson was now with Boston instead of KG, they would undoubtedly be better.
Can you say the same about Marc making the Lakers better today than Pau does? That is a huge reach IMO. Even Lakers fans have to admit that Al is far superior to Marc.

As far as Pau and KG, i think it is clear that while KG was a far superior player in his prime, at the times they were traded, Pau had much more to offer (statistically and over time) than Kg had to offer Boston. Pau has a couple good years (29 YO) left while KG (33 YO) is obviously over the hill.

Sorry bro, but while i see where you are going with this, Pau> KG, and Al Jefferson>>>>M. Gasol. If you want to lie to yourself and convince yourself otherwise....be my guest. Keep trying to justify the fact that you were handed a great team by someone (west) who had alternative motives to help his old team.

No they wouldn't. KG still plays better D and is also a better passer. They would be about as good as the Bulls and Raptors if they didn't do that trade.

CTown81
02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
@kobelaughsatall

Do you have anything to say about this year? You keep referring to last year as if it matters for this season?

I doubt you do. Good luck with the Nuggets in the West playoffs. It will probably be a Melo/Bron finals anyway. Kobe had a real nice run over the last 10 yrs. Can't take anything away from him but last year was his last title. Lebron's era begins now.

Cavs wont go to a 7th game in any playoff series this year. They will win in 6 or less all the way to the title.

PHX2daDEATH
02-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Wow L.A. has a tough March don't they? you see I may have been wrong in my intial post.. My thoughts were that LA Would have the top seed but with the way Denver is playing thats not even a given... Four Gimme games at Home (Tor, Was, Ind and Min)..then 11 on the Road (Mia, Char, Orl, Phx, GS, Sac, SA, OKC, Hou, NO, Atl ) I say the Lakers finish 8-7 or 7-8 in march.. thats all if Sac-town mans up and finally beats them like we all know they can..

DCB/LAL
02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
[/B]

So now its because of age not because of Stats? At the time of their trade who was better Gasol or KG?

And as far as Marc Gasol and Al Jefferson go look at their stats their about pretty darn equal only difference is Jefferson has been on the decline while Marc has been improving yearly.

Al Jefferson gets nearly 6 more touches than Jefferson and here are the Stats...

Al Jefferson- 15.5 Attempts per game 49% fg 68% FT 9.8 Reb 2.0 Ast 17.7 PPG

Marc Gasol- 9.4 Attempts per game 58.8& Fg 70.2% FT 9.5 Reb 2.3 Ast 14.9 PPG

Yeah ok Al Jefferson is that much better than Marc Gasol. :rolleyes:

And as far as Gasol being younger than KG that has nothing to do with what the Grizzles or the Wolves got back cause they both got back very good players regardless.

Funny Lakers trade Caron Butler for Kwame Brown and NOBODY said anything and now Memphise trades Gasol to LA and everyone cries about it.

Even when we trade SHAQ to Miami Nobody cried about it....Just goes to show how much the Lakers are hated.

Slumberking
02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
No they wouldn't. KG still plays better D and is also a better passer. They would be about as good as the Bulls and Raptors if they didn't do that trade.

KG has more injuries than Mr Glass in Unbreakable. And Big Al is averaging more blocks and steals this year while recovering from knee surgery. And KG's 2.8 APG this season are not that much to write home about (Al has 2 APG). KG brought the Celts that title two years ago, I already said that if you read back. Im not questioning that KG helped them a lot then....im talking about now and the next 3 or 4 years.

But saying a team of Rondo, Allen Pierce and Jefferson is the same as a team of Bosh, Turk, Barg and Calderon or Deng, Rose, Noah and.....well, no fourth player worth mentioning.....Is very ignorant IMO.

Slumberking
02-10-2010, 05:54 PM
So now its because of age not because of Stats? At the time of their trade who was better Gasol or KG?

And as far as Marc Gasol and Al Jefferson go look at their stats their about pretty darn equal only difference is Jefferson has been on the decline while Marc has been improving yearly.

Al Jefferson gets nearly 6 more touches than Jefferson and here are the Stats...

And as far as Gasol being younger than KG that has nothing to do with what the Grizzles or the Wolves got back cause they both got back very good players regardless.

Funny Lakers trade Caron Butler for Kwame Brown and NOBODY said anything and now Memphise trades Gasol to LA and everyone cries about it.

Even when we trade SHAQ to Miami Nobody cried about it....Just goes to show how much the Lakers are hated.

Come on fool. Al Jefferson is far better than Marc. Al wasted 1/3 of the year trying to get back from surgery and as the stats you posted show, at about 75% he is still better than Marc.

If you honestly think Marc is better than Al, your eyes just aint seeing straight son. wake up

And Btw....noone is crying. why u all keep saying that shite? im just stating the obvious facts. im not upset about it. its just the reason the lakers are good right now and even have kobe on their roster. deny it all you want, the fact that this thread is less than a day old and has 13 pages or whatever shows that you guys feel like you have the need to defend this issue.

Slumberking
02-10-2010, 06:02 PM

WTF?!!?!? So the Lakers getting a 26 year old all star and giving up less is the same as the celts getting a 30 y/o all star and giving up more. im no math major, but by my calculations, im pretty sure the lakers can expect about 4 more years of an all star caliber player than the celts can. Dude keep fighting it......shows you know you have something to defend

DCB/LAL
Come on fool. Al Jefferson is far better than Marc. Al wasted 1/3 of the year trying to get back from surgery and as the stats you posted show, at about 75% he is still better than Marc.

If you honestly think Marc is better than Al, your eyes just aint seeing straight son. wake up

And Btw....noone is crying. why u all keep saying that shite? im just stating the obvious facts. im not upset about it. its just the reason the lakers are good right now and even have kobe on their roster. deny it all you want, the fact that this thread is less than a day old and has 13 pages or whatever shows that you guys feel like you have the need to defend this issue.

Its a fair trade quit hating and move on I dont need to defend ******* I just like making you look silly by saying Bostons trade fro KG isn't the Same as LAs trade for Gasol.

Your Arguement was that LA was given Gasol and the Championship well so was Boston. Both the Grizz and the Wolves got something good in return but like anybody who watches besketaball whenever a TEAM trades their Superstar they'll never get the same in return unless its a Superstar for Superstar trade.

You nor I know if LA will win the championships in the future who's to say Boston won't win the next 2 championships? Then who got the better of the trade? So please STFU and quit talking about.

I can talk about LA getting Robbed by trading Caron for Kwame but nobody cares about that right?

Slumberking
quadruple post *****es!

DCB/LAL
02-10-2010, 06:07 PM
WTF?!!?!? So the Lakers getting a 26 year old all star and giving up less is the same as the celts getting a 30 y/o all star and giving up more. im no math major, but by my calculations, im pretty sure the lakers can expect about 4 more years of an all star caliber player than the celts can. Dude keep fighting it......shows you know you have something to defend

How are you a gonna say the Lakers gave up less? You have no IDEA how do you know the Grizz wont draft someone in 2010 with the pick the Lakers gave them? How do you know that Marc Gasol will not have a better career than Al Jefferson? You dont do you? Quit complaining about it you can say the Grizz got less if you dont know what will happen.

Slumberking
02-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Its a fair trade quit hating and move on I dont need to defend ******* I just like making you look silly by saying Bostons trade fro KG isn't the Same as LAs trade for Gasol.

Your Arguement was that LA was given Gasol and the Championship well so was Boston. Both the Grizz and the Wolves got something good in return but like anybody who watches besketaball whenever a TEAM trades their Superstar they'll never get the same in return unless its a Superstar for Superstar trade.

You nor I know if LA will win the championships in the future who's to say Boston won't win the next 2 championships? Then who got the better of the trade? So please STFU and quit talking about.

I can talk about LA getting Robbed by trading Caron for Kwame but nobody cares about that right?

we both know that LA has a far greater chance of taking the next two title than boston. so dont even try that bull ****. I already said like 3 times that boston won a title by swinging that trade. I never said that they didnt do a similar thing with their trade for Kg as the lakers did for Pau. Im talking long term here. if you honestly think that gasol and KG are equal given the age difference you are delirious.

kobelaughsatall
02-10-2010, 06:08 PM
@kobelaughsatall

Do you have anything to say about this year? You keep referring to last year as if it matters for this season?

I doubt you do. Good luck with the Nuggets in the West playoffs. It will probably be a Melo/Bron finals anyway. Kobe had a real nice run over the last 10 yrs. Can't take anything away from him but last year was his last title. Lebron's era begins now.

Cavs wont go to a 7th game in any playoff series this year. They will win in 6 or less all the way to the title.

please we own the nuggets in the playoffs. believe me laker fans are far from worried about playing the nuggets. your gonna be greatly disappointed come june because even if by some chance we don't make it to the finals ( which we will) I promise u that cleveland isn't winning it this year and you can quote me on it

Slumberking
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
How are you a gonna say the Lakers gave up less? You have no IDEA how do you know the Grizz wont draft someone in 2010 with the pick the Lakers gave them? How do you know that Marc Gasol will not have a better career than Al Jefferson? You dont do you? Quit complaining about it you can say the Grizz got less if you dont know what will happen.

yeah you are right. the 15th pick always produces an all star caliber player. And yes i do know Al will have a FAR superior career to Marc. Al is better than Marc because he has Athleticism, something Marc was not blessed with. GTF outta here man

DCB/LAL
02-10-2010, 06:13 PM
yeah you are right. the 15th pick always produces an all star caliber player. And yes i do know Al will have a FAR superior career to Marc. Al is better than Marc because he has Athleticism, something Marc was not blessed with. GTF outta here man

Calm down Cleo..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTXWDvqrXeA

^^ Thats who you remind me off you and that CTown guy.

Slumberking
02-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Calm down Cleo..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTXWDvqrXeA

^^ Thats who you remind me off you and that CTown guy.

:laugh:

touche.

i dont claim to know the future. i just go by the eye test. and while Marc has been better then i expected, when i watch the two play, it seems impossible the Marc has better talents and skills than Al. i feel that a healthy Al Jefferson is a type of player you could build a championship team around. Marc is a role player. Maybe i am wrong but until my eyes show me otherwise, call me Mr. Cleo ;)

JIMMY CONWAY
02-10-2010, 06:24 PM

The bandwagon is always on time, always has room, and never misses a stop...